Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 13, 2019 3:55 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode. Liked this arc in manga so im ready despite me hating spiders.lol
Jul 13, 2019 3:55 PM

Sep 2010
Another great episode and it's already 15th in the row. Originally the first episode didn't impress me that much and it was mainly because of ufotable putting in work that I continued watching but now, even though the quality remains top notch, be it story, the world setting or the characters this series has everything going for it. I especially like Tanjuro as an MC.

Like this, to me this has slowly became the best shounen of the new age of shounens.
The only reason why I didn't pick up the manga yet is because ufotable is going all out but if the first season ends without announcement of the second one, I'm immediately jumping for it... then again even if there is announcement I might not be able to hold myself back regardless.
Jul 13, 2019 3:58 PM
Aug 2017
Irondragon said:
Omg I fucking hate Zenitsu! I don't care is he is supposed to be comedic relieve he fucking sucks! Always screaming and moaning about the smallest things. He is really ruining this great anime for me.

And Zenitsu is the 2nd most popular character. I don't understand the hate for him. He is funny.
Jul 13, 2019 3:59 PM
Aug 2017
Seeing Shinobu here makes me feel emotional.
Jul 13, 2019 4:26 PM

Jan 2019
This episode reminds me Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Jul 13, 2019 4:45 PM

Mar 2014
All this hate for my boi Zenitsu, understandable but ya'll just gotta put up with him now, he has HUGE development which pays off soon.

He ain't going anyway folk he is and will forever be apart of the main crew ;)
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 13, 2019 4:45 PM

Dec 2012
I didn't like the episode, but the spider demon was cool. I think this is going to be a good arc!
Jul 13, 2019 4:51 PM
Mar 2017
A new mission has arrived for Tanjirou, Inosuke and Zenitsu, the trio of demon slayers must go to Natagumo mountain.

The beginning of the episode was quite funny, the little Nezuko coming out of her box will always melt my heart how adorable she looks, but now poor Nezuko will have to endure the harassment of Zenitsu.
Inosuke surprised me in this episode, I think his brain is doing well thanks to be in the company of Tanjirou and Zenitsu, he learns new things and I hope he stops being a muscle head.
The new demons that the boys have to face I liked a lot, especially the design of these demon spiders family, but I also liked the female demon spider's ability, I like very much the users that can control the enemy like puppets.
I have a bad feeling with the disgusting smell that Tanjirou perceives, he reminded me when he met Kibutsuji Muzan, so maybe in the middle of the demons spiders family there is a member of the twelve demonic moons.
I laughed a lot with the damn Zenitsu in this episode, especially when he was crying because Tanjirou and Inosuke left him alone, in addition to his changing personality.

But what I must emphasize about this episode is that at last we saw another Pilar apart from Giyu, Shinobu is so cute and the VA is Saori Hayami, she is to perfect and I assume that in the episodes that follow from this new arc she will enter combat, I can not stand the anxiety.
Jul 13, 2019 5:11 PM

Dec 2013
Illyricus said:

-Stray said:
Also that Shinobu girl... was that Hayami Saori's voice!?
Yep, she's definitely voiced by Saori Hayami.

Just when I think I couldn't possibly like this show even more, they bring one of my favorites voice actress.
Jul 13, 2019 5:13 PM

Jul 2015
This is still a really weird group, and they don't work well together as a trio at all. BUT AS A DUO, there's something there. At least for now anyways, now that the party has grown, I expect them to naturally begin working together more according to the situation. I look forward to seeing this battle go down.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 13, 2019 5:48 PM
Apr 2016
I feel like this was easily the best episode in a long time.
It felt really jam packed; I didn't want it to end!
Inosuke's spatial awareness power was really cool.

This episode really showcased how great the OST is. Can't wait to see more of Giyuu!!

Jul 13, 2019 6:09 PM

Jan 2018
SkyLETV said:
Illyricus said:
hurray for hot albino spider demon MILF.

Yeah, what a sexy spider demon!

It was hilarious how they left Zenitsu behind xD

Also, Saori Hayami <3

Spider Milf banzaiiii

also Shinoubu DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNGGGG
Jul 13, 2019 7:03 PM

Dec 2016
There a theory why Zenitsu scream so much. People usually talk loudly when they in a noisy environment like a party or a construction site to make sure other hear what they said. Thanks to his hearing, Zenitsu basically always being in a noisy environment so he have develop a habit of screaming to get people attetion.
Jul 13, 2019 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
The animations & art in this anime are so gorgeous!

The first person 3D scene where they were walking inside the forest was so real that it almost looked like e horror game! What an astonishing job they did with this episode.

Finally, we're back to some serious issues & battle!
So that's Inosuke's power, spatial awareness.

Great episode but there were a few moments that i think the comedy timing wasn't the best but overall, amazing!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 13, 2019 7:25 PM

Oct 2015
Inosuke wanting to kick a granny was beyond me! I also didn't know he had sensory powers in him, how interesting! I really can't wait to for that cliffhanger, how are they going to handle the mother spider and her children.

Oh please on the comedy already!!!!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 13, 2019 7:54 PM

Feb 2018
Irondragon said:
justtvalerie said:

Me too. I had this anime rated a 9 until Zenitsu showed up. I have it at 7 now and I'm being generous because I'm still interested in the main plot and the animation is still great, otherwise it'd be a 5. It's honestly a huge disappointment for me how the amazing drama created in the first 10 episodes was completely ruined by this awful comedy. I don't dislike comedy in dramas, mind you, but this comedy just doesn't fit with the original mood the anime set. I'm so disappointed. It was my favorite anime of the season.
Couldn't have said it better myself! I agree 100%

And then Zenitsu is 2nd most popular character in the recent manga poll.
Jul 13, 2019 8:16 PM

Jun 2015
What was that sequence with the first person view just when they entered the forest (around the 10 min mark)? Was that CGI? If it was, kudos to ufotable. That's the most real cgi effect I've ever seen in anime, and by a long shot. I had to rewatch it multiple times to convince myself it wasn't real footage.

All around a very good episode. At first I had my doubts about this show but it quickly became my favorite of last season, and seems like it's gonna stay that way this season too.
Jul 13, 2019 8:29 PM

Jul 2019
I am still trying to get accustomed to the comedy it felt less tacked on this episode. Inousuke trying to take down Granny for wish them well was funny to me. The stakes have been raised a bit if they're bringing in senior demon slayers. I wonder if these demon slayers have tried to fight Muzan Kibutsuji at some point?

huntress1013 said:
Reminded me of one of the early stories from Inyuasha, the demon who used her hair to manipulate people like puppets.

Ahh I was trying to remember what demon this reminded me of and you're right it was an Inuyasha demon. Her name was Yura and she could control people with demon hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYFGOg-bl_4
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2019 8:44 PM

Jun 2013
Do they have any plans to change the OP and ED song? Will they reuse it until the series ends?

It seems like people hate Zenitsu for freaking out but don't hate Inosuke for being brash and unreasonable. Yes he was
but that doesn't make him any less annoying. He almost hit that sweet old lady at the Wisteria House and he almost injured himself trying to attack that demon up high in the trees. Despite their differences I do like them both and they each have their strengths and weaknesses. IMO, Inosuke becomes ways more likable AFTER this arc when he gets knocked down a peg or two.

The Natagumo arc demon is my least favorite and honestly didn't care for their backstory but this battle will be important for them.
臭い-
Jul 13, 2019 8:51 PM
Apr 2014
Who's Ubuyashiki voice actor? He sounded almost like Muzan, which is a nice touch cuz.. you know why.
Jul 13, 2019 8:58 PM

Jun 2016
Good episode Tanjirou and Nezuko are only daily seen character I like. Nice seeing Giyu and Shinobu one of my favourites anime characters

Zenitsu annoying as ever typical. Nezuko is not interest in you so there will be no Nezuko x Zenitsu unless they do same garbage like sasuke x Sakura or Ichigo x Orihime.

Good thing they left him behind.Now is time too see Tanjirou and Inosuke fights this demons.
PrideRoyalIvyJul 13, 2019 9:35 PM

Jul 13, 2019 10:05 PM

Jul 2016
Spider demons? Yikes! And the most creepy looking one is yet to be introduced >_<

Pretty good episode overall. The interactions between Tanjirou, Zenitsu and Inosuke are still being as great as in the previous episode and the transition between comedy and action didn't feel jarring in the slightest, which I really appreciate.

I also loved how they handled Inosuke's technique. The way Ufo makes use of 3D spaces always impress me.

So far, the beginning of this arc looks rather promising. Can't wait to see how the studio will handle it!

Nezuko-chaaaan~
Jul 13, 2019 10:25 PM
Apr 2018
This episode is really good, can't wait for the next episode
Jul 14, 2019 12:15 AM

Oct 2008
Himawari9 said:
Irondragon said:
Omg I fucking hate Zenitsu! I don't care is he is supposed to be comedic relieve he fucking sucks! Always screaming and moaning about the smallest things. He is really ruining this great anime for me.

And Zenitsu is the 2nd most popular character. I don't understand the hate for him. He is funny.
What is so funny about him? He is just screaming non stop 90% of the time he is on screen, he is a coward and a sexual harasser making for the perfect combination. Before he made his appearance Kimetsu no Yaiba was petty serious, a dark story were blood thirsty oni slaughter whole families without mercy and eat them but now everything is a fucking joke. They went into a spider forest were a whole group of demon slayers had already disappeared and a I just couldn't take the threat serious at all. And I can't believe he is 2nd in popularity, I guess people like terrible characters who scream a lot...
Jul 14, 2019 12:33 AM

Dec 2016
Irondragon said:
Himawari9 said:

What is so funny about him? He is just screaming non stop 90% of the time he is on screen, he is a coward and a sexual harasser making for the perfect combination. Before he made his appearance Kimetsu no Yaiba was petty serious, a dark story were blood thirsty oni slaughter whole families without mercy and eat them but now everything is a fucking joke. They went into a spider forest were a whole group of demon slayers had already disappeared and a I just couldn't take the threat serious at all. And I can't believe he is 2nd in popularity, I guess people like terrible characters who scream a lot...

It called Japanese humor. People of difference culture found difference thing funny. Also the grim dark and serious tone of the story nearly lead to the series getting axe. Just because it a story about something bloodthristy monster doesn't mean it have to be serious all the time. Tone contrast is important. if you only get to see the gritty serious stuff all the time it gonna get stale fast. As for why Zenitsu is popular, it's because the most grounded character in the series and his development and character exploration are great.
Jul 14, 2019 1:45 AM

Apr 2016
Irondragon said:
Himawari9 said:

Thank you.

You're the first I guess who mentioned that what Zenitsu is actually doing is SEXUAL HARASSMENT (how funny this is!) .
I guess people who like this guy are probably virgin teenagers who never had girlfriend who were relentlessly pursued by a creepy guy (they should watch the beginning of the 2nd episode of Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo" from this season, there's a Zenitsu there too) .

I wish them a Zenitsu in their real life. If they ever have a nice girlfriend or sister, they will "love" him.

No wonder the birth rate in japan is plummeting : what kind of girl would like to stick with guys who find sexual harassment funny. Poor Japanese girls !
Jul 14, 2019 1:50 AM
Jun 2017
Love that trio of Tanjiro, inozuke and zenitsu. Hahaha..

Zenutsu sure does scared of going through that mouuntain..

And inozuke really is a good one... lets see how they will deal with that one
Jul 14, 2019 1:53 AM

Oct 2008
ExaltedChampion said:
Irondragon said:

It called Japanese humor. People of difference culture found difference thing funny. Also the grim dark and serious tone of the story nearly lead to the series getting axe. Just because it a story about something bloodthristy monster doesn't mean it have to be serious all the time. Tone contrast is important. if you only get to see the gritty serious stuff all the time it gonna get stale fast. As for why Zenitsu is popular, it's because the most grounded character in the series and his development and character exploration are great.

True but I think there are better ways to lighten the mood than adding an obnoxious character like Zenitsu. At the moment I'm having a really hard time not dropping this series because of him even knowing that he might get better in the future. I don't know maybe I'm getting to old to like characters that have to scream/shout everything they say.
Jul 14, 2019 2:03 AM

Jul 2012
I'm disappointed that there is no new opening yet.

I'm curious if Nezuko will become some sort of unlock for Zenitsu to realize that he is actually really strong. Also I love everything about Inosuke.
Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 14, 2019 2:41 AM

Aug 2013
Demon mom with tits attacks, oh boy...and motherlovin' spiders...why?!!! Loving the trio's dyanmic though, good comedic relief given the dark atmosphere of the series
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 14, 2019 3:33 AM

May 2015
ITS SPIDERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 14, 2019 3:50 AM

Jul 2017
So it's arachnophobia this few episodes!

The beginning chase is pure trash but I love it, it's very hilarious.

Out from Wisteria and into Mount Naganumo to defeat spiders. It's easy to see how the demons will manipulate people, through strings. Simple enough. Unfortunately, it's not just one, but a family of puppet masters.

However, Inosuke's power is something else. With his power, he is able to perform spatial awareness, which begs the thought:
Tanjirou is "smell (no) evil",
Zenitsu is "hear (no) evil",
Inosuke is "touch (no) evil".

Great episode. And dat 3D forest scene, very well animated as per Ufotable's standards.
Jul 14, 2019 5:23 AM

Jul 2019
I love this anime so much! I can't wait for next week. I think Tanjirou and Inosuke are a great duo.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Jul 14, 2019 5:52 AM
Nov 2010
Irondragon said:

True but I think there are better ways to lighten the mood than adding an obnoxious character like Zenitsu. At the moment I'm having a really hard time not dropping this series because of him even knowing that he might get better in the future. I don't know maybe I'm getting to old to like characters that have to scream/shout everything they say.

Well, there are moments when he shines, like when he protected the box which Nezuko was in without a second thought and his power awakening when he's asleep. I'm sure we'll have more special moments of him like these in the future. I think that's what makes Zenitsu great. He may whine like a crybaby most of the time, but when he does things right, it really shines.

With a character like Zenitsu, you have to think beyond his personality on the surface.
Jul 14, 2019 5:59 AM

Feb 2013
It's always super hard to fight these kind of opponents.
Jul 14, 2019 6:34 AM

Mar 2014
So will this get a second OP and ED at all?

I just gotta say I love Zenitsu's Sparrow.
Jul 14, 2019 8:14 AM
Jan 2019
So Tanjiro and Inosuke are going to face the Don Quixote family.
The leader of the Demon Slayers mentioned the "pillars", are they the elite of the elite? 😯
Inosuke's spatial cognition is great 👌.

Ps: I want a little sparrow like Zenitsu.
Jul 14, 2019 9:15 AM
Jun 2016
Oh I love these spider demons but is it wrong it made me sad watching the spiderlings get smooshed? LOL I like Inosuke's spatial awareness to go with the smell and hearing of the other two. They are definitely a strong trio if Zenitsu can get himself together.
Jul 14, 2019 9:58 AM

Sep 2011
Zenitsu is really starting to grate on my nerves. At least Boarman is improving slightly.
Jul 14, 2019 10:07 AM

Dec 2016
Start of a new arc means another set of hype moments so count me the fuck in
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 14, 2019 11:07 AM
Mar 2019
That intro scene was priceless XD
Jul 14, 2019 1:39 PM

May 2017
So satisfying when Inosuke punched the generic Demon Slayer in the face for mentioning the ranks.
Jul 14, 2019 2:05 PM

Sep 2017
This group does not mesh well at all. There at least seemed to be some potential with Insouke and Tanjiro when it was just the two of em, and Inosuke has a chilled out a little bit. Zenitsu really needs to calm down. I suppose he will eventually become aware of the magnificent steiner.
Jul 14, 2019 2:20 PM

Sep 2017
another awesome and fun episode. this anime never disappoints!
Jul 14, 2019 2:41 PM

Apr 2016
First half was suuuuuper slow and second half was like suuuuuper boring. Idk am I the only one seeing it? The animation is quite bad too. Everyone's stiff and there isn't a lot of action compared to the first episodes. I guess Ufo should have taken that break before second cour lmao
"You are not the brightest banana in the bunch, are ya kid? (...) These kids just keep getting weirder."
Jul 14, 2019 3:43 PM

Mar 2017
It's getting pretty fun and lively with Inosuke and Zenitsu around.

Shinobu and Tomioka are being sent to the mountain too. So the devils in that mountain really are strong.
Jul 14, 2019 4:11 PM

Dec 2018
Nice, we're starting a new arc. The designs for the spider demons are cool. We finally got to see Inosuke's power. I feel like Inosuke and Tanjiro work better as a team without Zenitsu.
Jul 14, 2019 6:33 PM
Jul 2015
I felt the urge to find some people to speak with about this show and Zenitsu's Screaming and what it has done to my opinion of the show. I thought i would find an ton of people who are similarly fed up and suffering this over the top incessant screaming that takes up a 1/3rd of an episode.

I didn't think i would actually find overwhelming support for, in the 12 years I've been watching anime, THE WORST CHARACTER I personally can remember. Even with Asta's screaming he balances it out with fighting. I've never gone from loving a show, looking forward to the next week to on the brink of dropping it completely due to a supporting character.To find one actually saying " I had to catch myself twice from losing it!" was a true shock. I understand that people have different tastes and likes. I also haven't gone through the steps to make this post just to be mean.
I am genuinely intrigued by what is redeeming or funny in the 4 episodes he has been in that you would look forward to MORE of him. The top annoying character for me was Usopp before finding the Hope Diamond of Pestilence - Zenitisu. Usopp still leads because of the Going Merry arc which I just cant forgive him for but if my intuition is correct, its not going to get better but get far worse than the current insufferable character depicted.

i just... i just want to know why.
Jul 14, 2019 7:00 PM
Mar 2015
The Pillars are coming to fight the Demon moon
Jul 14, 2019 7:03 PM
Jun 2013
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Irondragon said:

Thank you.

You're the first I guess who mentioned that what Zenitsu is actually doing is SEXUAL HARASSMENT (how funny this is!) .
I guess people who like this guy are probably virgin teenagers who never had girlfriend who were relentlessly pursued by a creepy guy (they should watch the beginning of the 2nd episode of Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo" from this season, there's a Zenitsu there too) .

I wish them a Zenitsu in their real life. If they ever have a nice girlfriend or sister, they will "love" him.

No wonder the birth rate in japan is plummeting : what kind of girl would like to stick with guys who find sexual harassment funny. Poor Japanese girls !

-Oh yeah, people who like this character are a bunch of teenage virgins and Japan has a birth rate problem because Zenitsu and all japanese guys who like "sexual harassment"!!!

Jesus Christ, what a fucking idiot you are, it's just a anime, what's your problem?
Shinuki_n_RebornJul 14, 2019 7:07 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.