Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2019 7:45 PM

Dec 2016
shanimebib said:
People should really compare apples with oranges, right? Gintama is far superior compared to FMA:B for it showed longevity. SnK with the similar number of chapters/episodes is easier for comparison with FMA:B.

Gintama should be really compared with long running shounen series. By long running, I mean over 99 episodes. Bleach, Naruto, DBZ, FT all fall flat in comparison to Gintama.

FMA:B was actually pretty consistent and I came to love it because of that. Like it has been pointed out, SnK S2 was pretty average for me and hence I dropped it (although I loved S1). If HxH had a split cours, I might have dropped it as well. HxH (2011) fans will never admit it but a huge part of the series is pretty boring. The whole Greed Island has been a 7/10 material. The first half of the Chimera ant arc was also 7/10 material. The final election arc was pretty okayish too. If it weren't for the spider arc or the latter parts of the chimera ant arc, this would be rated much lower. Good luck HxH (2011) fans to ever see a sequel. I hope when it gets one, the one who picks it up is MadJC Staff.

Also, the reason HxH (2011) is rated so high is because MAL is full of angry kids. Take me for an example, lol!

Man, you guys just should take a screenshot at as it sits at 9.23. You may not ever get higher because as I type, accounts are being made! So hurry!

God... you really are one of the most obnoxious users in this site, your whole attitude is so toxic. It must have hurt you a lot seeing how your beloved Gintama lost the #1 spot it once held....

(And I'm not even a fan of AoT).
Jul 1, 2019 8:01 PM
May 2019
Mickdrew said:

1. Conspiracy has more than one definition - one of them does mean a plan.

A conspiracy is just a hidden agenda for having things be a specific way. So the phrase "hidden conspiracy" is just redundant and non-sensical.
Mickdrew said:
4. I've given examples and reasons for every complaint I've made.

You gave very vague ones and your reasoning is just appalling like your gov't wasn't as powerful as it was said complaint, which takes the words of false bravado shown by the enemy at face value. The guy was clearly intentionally trying to aggravate them with lines about how they're going to hang Erwin etc... the mad ramblings of a beaten man acting in defiance yet somehow you took this spiel at face value? Seriously do you even think?
Mickdrew said:

Fullmetal Alchemist does a lot well - ambiguous morality for the villains is not one of them.

But I thought you said that FMAB does EVERYTHING well which is why it was better than AoT.
Mickdrew said:

The plan is not what makes a good villain; the motivations are.

Again you don't even explain what supposedly makes the motivation so good and just assert that it does. Are you even aware of your own actions?

Mickdrew said:

So no, he does not know the plan. He stumbled on a very suggestive clue about the significance of recent conflicts.

To start with I thought we were arguing about the plot not the plan because this is what you stated previously.
Mickdrew said:

And the plot wasn't revealed at all.

I don't know why you brought up all that about what hughes knows because that's completely irrelevant. I'm pretty positive I said "main" plot so again your poor reading comprehension is a problem.
Mickdrew said:

And then you accuse me of making baseless assertions. You did not even address the point I was making there.

I addressed it. "So you wanted them to drag things out artificially for the sake of "feeling it" more?"
Mickdrew said:

Just add "psychology" to the long list of things you don't know enough to comment on.

I don't think anyone mentioned anything about "psychology" here except for you. Maybe you should heed your own advice.
Mickdrew said:

Yes, she did kill the titan so the people would accept her, that is true.

So your previous complaint of "public opinion is instantly shifted to their side" is instantly refuted because Historia still needed to take additional action to gain acceptance.
Mickdrew said:

everything you were saying about the people being skeptical of the new regime just baffles me. Where in the anime exactly did they show that the public opinion was so unsteady and something needed to be done?

After the takeover there were citizens who showed concern about a military regime and Nile had to smooth things over by telling them that there's going to be rightful new queen to take over the place of the fake king. In episode 9 when they were evacuating the orvid district citizens, there were lines from the citizens about how this all the new military regime was trying to show off it's power and establish themselves as their new masters. That at least the previous king even if he was fake was harmless.

Mickdrew said:

but you are here trying to argue that an hour or so of that has more layers than 60+ episodes dedicated towards accomplishing this?

You have yet to specify what makes the politics in FMAB so sophisticated compared to AoT. All you have done is repeated the same trite logic of it has a bunch more episodes that means it's gotta mean it has more depth. Then you try to sell this assertion with a bunch of other assertions that completely deflects from the topic of FMAB politics vs AoT politics.
Mickdrew said:

No mate, it just is what it is. Rationalize it however you want

There's nothing to rationalize you never make any concrete points and most of your post is just posturing by making false general assumptions about how things work.
ZoroftJul 1, 2019 8:10 PM
Jul 1, 2019 8:23 PM

Sep 2013
- You said conspiracy doesn't mean plan. It does.
- I said FMA does *almost everything* well. Everything it does - Not everything you can imagine. It's not the best romance either because *it does not try to be a romance show*. Get it?
- He doesn't discover the plot or the plan. Both are addressed.
- You did not address my point - that problems with the revolution were solved too quickly.
- You attempted to psychologically analyze me by saying "So you wanted them to drag things out artificially for the sake of "feeling it" more?" And you failed badly
- Public opinion on the revolution =/= the public's view of Historia as their leader. Jesus Christ
- That's your example showing public conflict? A throwaway comment in episode 9?

You are one of the most insufferable people I've dealt with on this site. You do not even attempt to understand my points and misrepresent them constantly. Goodbye, I hope I never meet you on this website again
MickdrewJul 1, 2019 8:26 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2019 8:54 PM

Sep 2011
So I am apparently 20ish chapters behind on the manga but I will say that even as of chapter 100 (the last one I read) the art is still bad. It's improved over time for sure but it's still not good.
Jul 2, 2019 12:29 AM
Apr 2016
The problem is:

Why does it matter?
Go do something better than argue about scores, youth.
Re:formed
Jul 2, 2019 1:13 AM
May 2019

Mickdrew said:
- You said conspiracy doesn't mean plan. It does.

Conspiracy does not simply mean "plan". The hidden aspect is already included in the word thus if you meant to say hidden conspiracy in the same way as hidden plan then it would be redundant.
Mickdrew said:
- I said FMA does *almost everything* well Everything it does - Not everything you can imagine.
It's not the best romance either because *it does not try to be a romance show*. Get it?

So according to you any problemsa person may have with FMAB is because they're simply complaining about something that it's not trying to do? But fmab does do romance so.... otherwise it wouldn't be in there. Anyways this is getting way off the actual point of How does any of this make the villains in FMAB good? You deflected the argument all the way to here with your nonsense.
Mickdrew said:
- He doesn't discover the plot or the plan. Both are addressed.

He did discover the "main" plot like I've said and you've once again ignored, everything about the show is driving towards the stopping the giant alchemy circle. And you said nothing to address it other than claim that you did once again.
Mickdrew said:
psychologically analyze me

It doesn't seem like you know what "psychologically analyze" means either if you think me trying to follow the incoherent logic of your statement means that.
Mickdrew said:
- Public opinion on the revolution =/= the public's view of Historia as their leader.

What are you even talking about? Are you suggesting that the role of Historia as the new queen isn't an integral part of the revolution? Your claim was that "public opinion is instantly shifted to their side" which I already proved to be not true, that "throwaway comment in episode 9" only reinforces my point that the public didn't instantly shift to their side like you claimed they did.

Your arguments jump all over the place in a nonsensical way. There is no clear logic to your points, it's all just large assumptions supported by spectacularly bad reasoning like "but you are here trying to argue that an hour or so of that has more layers than 60+ episodes dedicated towards accomplishing this?" to posture with.

The most hilarious and revealing thing about you is that you seem to think that the politics in attack on titan only started in season 3 part 1.
ZoroftJul 2, 2019 1:23 AM
Jul 2, 2019 3:53 AM

Mar 2019
keragamming said:
blackiemma22 said:
As I said in another thread everybody making it a bigger deal than what it is. There is no real reward in getting #1 position. There is also no such thing as THE best anime because everybody's taste is different. I don't really understand why some fans (in both fmab and aot fandom) take all this so personnal.

People want to see their favorite at the top, it's human nature. But I made this thread for argument purpose, seeing too many of those comments being aim at snk, so I'm just putting another perspective out there that people were not aware of.

Human nature? Not really. My favorite is Haikyuu and i don't care about seeing it at the top, that's why i didn't rate all its seasons a 10. I guess i'm not human, lol

I say this as someone who dropped Fullmetal Alchemist at episode 20 because it was mad boring, with rushed beginning, bad build up, bad atmosphere, AWFUL comedy that ruins the tension etc... But your logic is wrong. If Gintama had one season with 350 episodes is would be rate lower, NOT higher. Why? Because the majority of people who didn't like season 1 never bother watching the other seasons. That's why the 90% of second seasons are Always rated higher here on Mal (unless they are consistently worse than the first one, of course). Never heard about the sequel syndrome? That's it. Split seasons are (almost) Always an advantage for the latest seasons.
Giulia14Jul 2, 2019 4:03 AM
Jul 2, 2019 5:25 AM
May 2019
Giulia14 said:
keragamming said:

People want to see their favorite at the top, it's human nature. But I made this thread for argument purpose, seeing too many of those comments being aim at snk, so I'm just putting another perspective out there that people were not aware of.

Human nature? Not really. My favorite is Haikyuu and i don't care about seeing it at the top, that's why i didn't rate all its seasons a 10. I guess i'm not human, lol

I say this as someone who dropped Fullmetal Alchemist at episode 20 because it was mad boring, with rushed beginning, bad build up, bad atmosphere, AWFUL comedy that ruins the tension etc... But your logic is wrong. If Gintama had one season with 350 episodes is would be rate lower, NOT higher. Why? Because the majority of people who didn't like season 1 never bother watching the other seasons. That's why the 90% of second seasons are Always rated higher here on Mal (unless they are consistently worse than the first one, of course). Never heard about the sequel syndrome? That's it. Split seasons are (almost) Always an advantage for the latest seasons.

Holy shit someone who thinks the same as me with the beginning of fmab, I thought I was alone with that feeling of the first half of fmab for a while.
Jul 2, 2019 5:49 AM

Oct 2013
It's easier for a sequel series to be highly rated than a standalone or first series.

The only people watching a sequel series are the ones who enjoyed the previous parts, hence the inflated scores. And the more parts, the more this effect gets exagerated, with only diehard fans keeping up.

With that said, FMAB divided in arcs would probably be lower rated in the early arcs and even higher rated than now in the final arcs, so this is a non-argument.
Jul 2, 2019 7:33 AM

May 2018
Even if SnK didn't meak FMA, there's still one more season to go. Sames goes for Gintama who also have a chance if new season announce.
Jul 2, 2019 7:40 AM

Oct 2015
Gorochu said:
Even if SnK didn't meak FMA, there's still one more season to go. Sames goes for Gintama who also have a chance if new season announce.
new season already announce
xD
Jul 2, 2019 7:50 AM
Mar 2018
Still though, it was nice to see another show get a rating above 9, I hope we get more shows like this in the future!
Jul 2, 2019 7:51 AM

Feb 2019
AForgottenSoul said:
Not as impressive as FMAB in your opinion.. to me this season had more emotion and impact then the whole of FMAB.

hahahaha, wait are you serious? Last I checked the characters were still shit and the pacing and introduction of "Grisha Yeager arc" was so rushed.
Jul 2, 2019 8:06 AM

Oct 2013
Steiner1411 said:
Still though, it was nice to see another show get a rating above 9, I hope we get more shows like this in the future!

Aye, it's hard for a popular show to get stable combined score of 9+/10.
More animes like that will only my benefit us as the viewers.who will be given more opportunities to watch high quality animes.
Jul 2, 2019 8:09 AM

Feb 2018
Pragyan1 said:
AForgottenSoul said:
Not as impressive as FMAB in your opinion.. to me this season had more emotion and impact then the whole of FMAB.

hahahaha, wait are you serious? Last I checked the characters were still shit and the pacing and introduction of "Grisha Yeager arc" was so rushed.

Erwin, Kenny, Historia? I get it, Eren is annoying but saying he didn't develop is tad wrong. Mikasa is annoying, Armin is alright. Reiner and Zeke will be explored next season and will be arguably the best characters along with season 4 eren.

And pacing for the grisha flashback was alright. It was only supposed to be a brief and a lot better pacing than how fmab started
Jul 2, 2019 8:31 AM

Feb 2019
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Pragyan1 said:

Erwin, Kenny, Historia? I get it, Eren is annoying but saying he didn't develop is tad wrong. Mikasa is annoying, Armin is alright. Reiner and Zeke will be explored next season and will be arguably the best characters along with season 4 eren.

And pacing for the grisha flashback was alright. It was only supposed to be a brief and a lot better pacing than how fmab started

The pacing for Grisha's past was horrid. Do they really expect me to understand the lore, the history and the political struggles of the world along with a freaking revolution in just 20 minutes? I used to hate Eren, but now he's ok for me. Every other character is shit. Levi and Jean are fine. There are like 5 good characters in a cast of 25+ characters and that's just 20%.
Jul 2, 2019 8:35 AM

Oct 2013
Giulia14 said:
keragamming said:

I guess you are not aware of the 1/5th rule? Most persons wont watch 100 episode of a series they don't like. Yes I am aware of the sequel effect, but as I said I think full adaptation and sequels both cancel each other out, both have benefits. One has the full package the other is broken up into parts, which could be argue that it would be a stronger season if they all were joined together as one.

dc22 said:
It's easier for a sequel series to be highly rated than a standalone or first series.

The only people watching a sequel series are the ones who enjoyed the previous parts, hence the inflated scores. And the more parts, the more this effect gets exagerated, with only diehard fans keeping up.

With that said, FMAB divided in arcs would probably be lower rated in the early arcs and even higher rated than now in the final arcs, so this is a non-argument.

So you do agree with me that the earlier arcs would be lower and I said the exact same thing in my post that the final arc would probably be at the same score or even higher, so how is that a non argument? lol?

The only people watching a sequel series are the ones who enjoyed the previous parts, hence the inflated scores

Generally yes, but not everyone that is at the latest season liked the previous season.

The thing I hate about this statement is that you guys are assuming that the persons that didn't like the first season, would also not liked this season. Let's us not kid our self here, the general comment around is that this season is the best season of attack on titan, two episode f this season, is voted as the best episodes of all time on imdb. https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?title_type=tv_episode&num_votes=1000,&sort=user_rating,desc

And this season is being ranked as either number 1 and 2 or top 10 in many different sites. Also there is a lot of variation, as in some fans liked the first season, but didn't like the 2nd season, but liked the season 3 part 2, while others didn't like the previous 3 seasons but loved this current season. my point is that it is a lot more complex than how you are making out to be, the 3 previous seasons were all 8.4, why is this one different than the others? this sequel effect didn't seem to be working for season 2 and 3, so the question should be why now? Why is this season different from the rest? this is why I said, your argument is too shallow, the quality of the series definitely have to be put into this argument for such a big jump, than "only the fans are watching it" argument.
keragammingJul 2, 2019 8:53 AM
Jul 2, 2019 9:11 AM
Apr 2017
FMAB is great anime and one of the best for me
but AOT is the best anime ever
everything in this anime is perfect (the story, action, mystery, Soundtrack, OP, .....)
its like the story was in mangaka head from the beginning
it really hurt to see people give it 1/10 without watching it
Jul 2, 2019 9:15 AM

Feb 2018
Pragyan1 said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

The pacing for Grisha's past was horrid. Do they really expect me to understand the lore, the history and the political struggles of the world along with a freaking revolution in just 20 minutes? I used to hate Eren, but now he's ok for me. Every other character is shit. Levi and Jean are fine. There are like 5 good characters in a cast of 25+ characters and that's just 20%.

*50 minutes. You got a whole 2 episodes with no OP and a half ED. If you were paying attention from the first season, you should know that the storytelling is not linear. The history and the political struggles that are shown in this season is just chapter 86-90 while it is actually 85-99.

Actually, the number of characters are around 15. Still can't see how Erwin was 'shit' or annoying. The only shit character is Mikasa.
Something you didn't appreciate about Sasha and Connie. Both aren't supposed to be talented like Jean or Armin nor are any significant fighters like Mikasa or Eren. They are just your average scout from 104 and their growth with the story is a shortcut of how a normal person would have grown in such situations.
Kenny was a fleshed out villain who wasn't really a villain. Historia had a great character arc from her being a moe character to what she is now. Although she is a hit or miss.
You pretty much don't know anything about Zeke, Bert changed a lot from who he was, in a positive way. Reiner and Ymir work on a complex psychological level.
Jul 2, 2019 9:28 AM

Feb 2019
ThatShiny_Hex said:

*50 minutes. You got a whole 2 episodes with no OP and a half ED.

Lol, 50 minutes? The whole revolution and lore was summed up in one episode the next episode was just owl persuading Grisha to complete his mission.

ThatShiny_Hex said:

Something you didn't appreciate about Sasha and Connie. Both aren't supposed to be talented like Jean or Armin nor are any significant fighters like Mikasa or Eren. They are just your average scout from 104 and their growth with the story is a shortcut of how a normal person would have grown in such situations.

A "normal" person wouldn't shout "pervert" when trying to take down the armoured titan. Sasha's backstory was basically, "she eats a lot and thus gets scolded for it". We don't know shit about Connie and he's just an expendable character.
Jul 2, 2019 12:02 PM

Oct 2015
This is a notion that I hold as well and it has a very simple but effective logic behind it. Viewers who didn't find a show to their liking will usually not watch any subsequent seasons. And mathematically if variables who are below a mean are removed from the equation the mean will increase. That's why garnering a score of 9 as a standalone is more impressive than as the 4th installment of an established franchise.
Jul 2, 2019 12:26 PM

Oct 2013
I will get off of this thread's main track, however my question is connected with it. I'm wondering what is happening with this shop's score? Amount of 10/10 scores went down a little bit and the combined score decreased from 9.23 to 9.21, even when after episode 10 (the final one) it noted rather small, but stable, increase. No need to panic, it's not an anomaly and the score is still impressive, but dunno why it is gradually getting down. Trolls can't be blamed, as for I didn't notice any remarkable changes in <5 scores, especially not much more 1/10 scores were given.
Jul 2, 2019 12:41 PM

Dec 2018
Seems like it won't get top spot anyway :), and you can't even blame the 1s since Gintama and Legend of the galactic heroes have got a lot more.
Bye bye to all the people that created 2nd accounts just to boost this series <3
Jul 2, 2019 12:47 PM

Jul 2016
The booster accounts ends here. To the true score awaits.

Jul 2, 2019 12:47 PM

Apr 2015
Is it not enough for you that's in the #2 spot atm? Ranking doesn't even matter.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 2, 2019 12:48 PM
Jun 2016
Zoroft said:
Mickdrew said:

1. Conspiracy has more than one definition - one of them does mean a plan.

A conspiracy is just a hidden agenda for having things be a specific way. So the phrase "hidden conspiracy" is just redundant and non-sensical.
Mickdrew said:
4. I've given examples and reasons for every complaint I've made.

You gave very vague ones and your reasoning is just appalling like your gov't wasn't as powerful as it was said complaint, which takes the words of false bravado shown by the enemy at face value. The guy was clearly intentionally trying to aggravate them with lines about how they're going to hang Erwin etc... the mad ramblings of a beaten man acting in defiance yet somehow you took this spiel at face value? Seriously do you even think?
Mickdrew said:

Fullmetal Alchemist does a lot well - ambiguous morality for the villains is not one of them.

But I thought you said that FMAB does EVERYTHING well which is why it was better than AoT.
Mickdrew said:

The plan is not what makes a good villain; the motivations are.

Again you don't even explain what supposedly makes the motivation so good and just assert that it does. Are you even aware of your own actions?

Mickdrew said:

So no, he does not know the plan. He stumbled on a very suggestive clue about the significance of recent conflicts.

To start with I thought we were arguing about the plot not the plan because this is what you stated previously.
Mickdrew said:

And the plot wasn't revealed at all.

I don't know why you brought up all that about what hughes knows because that's completely irrelevant. I'm pretty positive I said "main" plot so again your poor reading comprehension is a problem.
Mickdrew said:

And then you accuse me of making baseless assertions. You did not even address the point I was making there.

I addressed it. "So you wanted them to drag things out artificially for the sake of "feeling it" more?"
Mickdrew said:

Just add "psychology" to the long list of things you don't know enough to comment on.

I don't think anyone mentioned anything about "psychology" here except for you. Maybe you should heed your own advice.
Mickdrew said:

Yes, she did kill the titan so the people would accept her, that is true.

So your previous complaint of "public opinion is instantly shifted to their side" is instantly refuted because Historia still needed to take additional action to gain acceptance.
Mickdrew said:

everything you were saying about the people being skeptical of the new regime just baffles me. Where in the anime exactly did they show that the public opinion was so unsteady and something needed to be done?

After the takeover there were citizens who showed concern about a military regime and Nile had to smooth things over by telling them that there's going to be rightful new queen to take over the place of the fake king. In episode 9 when they were evacuating the orvid district citizens, there were lines from the citizens about how this all the new military regime was trying to show off it's power and establish themselves as their new masters. That at least the previous king even if he was fake was harmless.

Mickdrew said:

but you are here trying to argue that an hour or so of that has more layers than 60+ episodes dedicated towards accomplishing this?

You have yet to specify what makes the politics in FMAB so sophisticated compared to AoT. All you have done is repeated the same trite logic of it has a bunch more episodes that means it's gotta mean it has more depth. Then you try to sell this assertion with a bunch of other assertions that completely deflects from the topic of FMAB politics vs AoT politics.
Mickdrew said:

No mate, it just is what it is. Rationalize it however you want

There's nothing to rationalize you never make any concrete points and most of your post is just posturing by making false general assumptions about how things work.

C'mon man I love snk more than any manga, but can't we agree that the Uprising arc felt easy and lackluster in the anime due to how rushed the pacing was?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2019 12:50 PM
Jun 2019
Adnash93 said:
I will get off of this thread's main track, however my question is connected with it. I'm wondering what is happening with this shop's score? Amount of 10/10 scores went down a little bit and the combined score decreased from 9.23 to 9.21, even when after episode 10 (the final one) it noted rather small, but stable, increase. No need to panic, it's not an anomaly and the score is still impressive, but dunno why it is gradually getting down. Trolls can't be blamed, as for I didn't notice any remarkable changes in <5 scores, especially not much more 1/10 scores were given.

Because 9 and 8 ratings are increasing at a higher rate than 10.
Jul 2, 2019 12:58 PM

Oct 2013
chriskor022 said:

Give me your prediction on where it will be by the end of this month.

Tropisch said:
Is it not enough for you that's in the #2 spot atm? Ranking doesn't even matter.

This has more to do with the argument than the ranking, people are saying it is this high because its a sequel, I'm countering that argument that is all.

I'm ok with the current rating, heck I didn't even expect it to be this high, but when I say persons saying things that are factually wrong, I can't help myself but to counter their argument.
Jul 2, 2019 12:58 PM

Dec 2018
Laracroft01 said:
Adnash93 said:

"YoU wRoNG it'S bEcAuSE oF tHe 1s" typical SnK fanboy not being aware that Gintama and Legend of the galactic heroes have way more 1s
Jul 2, 2019 12:59 PM

Oct 2013
Laracroft01 said:

I considered it as a reason of the score going down as well, though I'm surprised that there are that much 8/10 and 9/10 to decrease 10/10 scores' number rather fast. Not that it's something to be unnatural, but I didn't expect it to go that way. ;p
Btw. welcome on MAL! ;)

@justasadguy , whut? Who were you talking to exactly in such toxic way?
AdnashJul 2, 2019 1:03 PM
Jul 2, 2019 1:03 PM

Apr 2019
@shanimebib

gintama isn't that great
it has mediocre humor and slow paced plot due to episodes dedicated to repetitive humor
would have been a lot better if it had less episodes because it wouldn't feel as repetitive

maybe im just too old for that type of humor
but comedy anime tend to be highly subjective anyway, you can see the majority of the audience are teenagers or people who can't grow up. thats why its rated so highly
its just 5th grader humor
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 2, 2019 1:25 PM
Jun 2019
[quote=Adnash93 message=57894939]
Laracroft01 said:

I considered it as a reason of the score going down as well, though I'm surprised that there are that much 8/10 and 9/10 to decrease 10/10 scores' number rather fast. Not that it's something to be unnatural, but I didn't expect it to go that way. ;p
Btw. welcome on MAL! ;)

10 votes are already at 51.8 from 53.9 before last episode aired, after that total no of ratings increased very fastly and most of them going to 9, since 9 ratings were like 27.3 before and now 29.1, similarly 8 ratings went from like 12.2 to 12.8 so they have greater impact than 10 which are increasing quite slowly in their comparison.

Ignore Justasadguy he once started a thread where he stated himself to be proud snk hater.
Jul 2, 2019 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
oh wow people have different opinions and are quite vocal about it. what a surprise!!
this amount of bitching and whining is off the charts, i don't understand how you can keep it up at it. no matter if you dislike it or are a mindless fanboy, this type of behaviour is exactly why people shit up threads like this.

just give it the score you want and discuss it with people that like it. being in a circle jerk is better than trying to convince people to your side. would rather if both were removed from the top 100. but what do, mal is stuck on its ways.
Jul 2, 2019 2:49 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
AbuelitaDeBatman said:
Shingeki no Kyojin (Manga) - 8.52
Fullmetal Alchemist (Manga) - 9.13

.. But shingeki no kyojin still ongoing
Jul 2, 2019 2:57 PM
May 2019

I agree it wasn't the best but his criticisms are just him talking out of his ass.
Jul 2, 2019 3:08 PM

Aug 2017
Oh no, now its 9.21 :(
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 2, 2019 3:10 PM

Jan 2015
Giulia14 said:
keragamming said:

I agree. While I still like fmab so far, it definitely doesn't deserve that no1 spot

Also gintama is so boring im actually amazed so many ppl like it
Jul 2, 2019 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
W8And said:
AbuelitaDeBatman said:
Shingeki no Kyojin (Manga) - 8.52
Fullmetal Alchemist (Manga) - 9.13

.. But shingeki no kyojin still ongoing

if anything the manga scores are more accurate. people rarely bother making bots for those. and there's a smaller sample size
Jul 2, 2019 4:44 PM

Nov 2017
chriskor022 said:

There’s no true score. The amount of alts and fakes on snk and fmab is massive.. especially fmab

plz @ me
Jul 2, 2019 4:48 PM

Apr 2009
chriskor022 said:
Nurguburu said:
Oh no, now its 9.21 :(

Its getting voting bombed at ones which is pretty funny.

Jul 2, 2019 5:18 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
I like how people are low key criticizing Gintama for no reason whatsoever. And then they complain about their fav show getting a "lot" of 1s. Open Gintama° stats and see the percentage of 1s lol.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 2, 2019 7:17 PM

Jun 2016
The real scores are the manga's
FmA : 9.13
SnK : 8.52

I didn't read SnK, only watched the anime, so I don't know how good/bad the art is, also it hasn't ended (scores tend to change by the time the series end)
So for handicap purpose I'll reduce/add the scores by 0.25 respectively ;-)
FmA : 8.88
SnK : 8.77

And FmA still takes the lead
Jul 2, 2019 8:17 PM

Oct 2013
Edocchi said:

I didn't read SnK, only watched the anime, so I don't know how good/bad the art is, also it hasn't ended (scores tend to change by the time the series end)

You said it yourself it hasn't ended, so how is that a fair comparison?
Jul 2, 2019 8:57 PM

Apr 2015
Well the score is dropping, so hopefully we can finally stop this discussion. Until season 4 comes and we go back to the same thing all over again.
Jul 2, 2019 9:00 PM
Sep 2018
Edocchi said:

How can you say that they are the real score ? the reason why attack on titan is popular is because of the anime and not the manga. The anime's art is way better than the manga art. You cant compare the scores like that when the author himself is not that good.And we were talking only about the anime.The main reason both the anime are getting lower scores are because of idiots who never watched them are bombing it with 1s for the sake of it.
And almost all the MAL scores and invalid and you cant call one anime better than the other because people's taste change.
Jul 2, 2019 9:21 PM

Jun 2016
beanie_weeny said:
Edocchi said:

How can you say that they are the real score ? the reason why attack on titan is popular is because of the anime and not the manga. The anime's art is way better than the manga art. You cant compare the scores like that when the author himself is not that good.And we were talking only about the anime.The main reason both the anime are getting lower scores are because of idiots who never watched them are bombing it with 1s for the sake of it.
And almost all the MAL scores and invalid and you cant call one anime better than the other because people's taste change.
Well, the topic here is comparing sequel vs fully adapted. And since comparing the anime isn't fair, so I brought the manga up. Also in case you didn't notice, I said it jokingly. Don't take it too seriously man. We all know SnK is the best anime ever ;-)
EdocchiJul 2, 2019 9:31 PM
Jul 2, 2019 9:50 PM

Oct 2013
ianpyrider said:
Bruh the only reason this is so high is because the only people still watching are dumb fucks that thought the first two seasons were masterpieces. Now that the show is actually doing some interesting stuff, yall think it's the greatest thing ever. Yeah, it's really good, but nowhere remotely close to the best, and it's frankly shameful that we as a community are pointing to this poorly paced edgefest of a show and telling new viewers this is the best the medium has to offer.

This also points out a key issue I've had with MAL for a while now: different ratings for different portions of a show. Works of art should be regarded as a whole, seeing as you can't watch things like AOT Season 3 Part 2 without slogging through a pile of garbage. Part of what makes television such an effective medium its ability to provide an extensive scope, where themes can permeate and characters develop through a longer time frame. Great moments in television are often only able to have such an extensive impact because they build on what has come before. None of these things are appreciated by saying "oh yeah the cherry on top of that piece of shit was absolutely delicious."

My thread literally was about that exact same comment and you are repeating the same shit? Did you even read my post?

Attack on titan is the best anime of all time, try and prove me wrong, spoiler alert you can't! I've been hearing this shit since 2013, you guys don't phase me with those comments.

Then you gave the latest season a 1/10 because it surpasses most of your favorite anime, you big emotional baby. lmao
keragammingJul 2, 2019 9:54 PM
Jul 2, 2019 10:58 PM
Apr 2018

Bad taste and good taste is all subjective when it comes to anime though, sure there are exceptions to that rule, but I dont think you can put AOTs writing into that exception, also name calling doesnt really help your argument much.[/quote]

I agree with the response above, AoT has some of the best storytelling I've ever read or watched. If you go back and watch S1 you notice so many small hints and details that all foreshadow or portray ideas and events later on. The symbolism and attention to detail is insane.
In addition, cliffhangers don't make a story bad. Requiring a happy ending at the end of every season of anime you watch is kinda primitive... and boring.
It's best to meet up with friends and discuss hints and plot ideas that someone might've missed and speculate what will happen later on.
To top it all off animation, voice acting and overall production quality is insane. I don't know if it deserves the top spot but to say that season 1 and 2 are bad hurts. You're entitled to your own opinion but the plot ideas, themes, storytelling, animation and OVAs are all top of the line.
Jul 3, 2019 12:05 AM
Jun 2019
ianpyrider said:
keragamming said:

My thread literally was about that exact same comment and you are repeating the same shit? Did you even read my post?

Attack on titan is the best anime of all time, try and prove me wrong, spoiler alert you can't! I've been hearing this shit since 2013, you guys don't phase me with those comments.

Then you gave the latest season a 1/10 because it surpasses most of your favorite anime, you big emotional baby. lmao

Fine, allow me to rebut your main point, which you seem to be under the impression completely disproves all the points I made above (in your words, spoiler alert, it doesn't).

The main point of your post, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that you think the ratings of fully adapted series only reflect its best moments, or, in other words, what the rating would have been for its best season. But even a cursory glance at any of the reviews of shows like HxH and FMAB will show you that people take the weaker moments in the series into great consideration, often listed among or as the only cons for the show (especially in HunterXHunter's case). Yet, these shows have their ratings despite these "low points." Do you really think Attack on Titan would have its 9.2 if all the seasons were grouped? Knowing this community, methinksnot.

Ooh ooh I am curious if you'd address my first point, that the only people rating season 3 are people with shit taste who the first and second seasons specifically appealed to. I mean just look at the 1,000,000 reviews of the first season vs the 100,000 reviews on the third season. On the other hand, there's nothing stopping someone from dropping FMAB and HxH midway and giving it a 1.

By the way, I gave the show a 1/10 because I believe it should be lower on the list. Should it be adjusted to a place I think is better (or just not completely absurd), I will change my rating to accurately reflect my feelings on the show. It's my way of casting my vote, and if I can give my vote more weight, I sure as hell will. Not trying to get in an emotional rage war, and if you think Attack on Titan is the best anime ever, I have no desire to take your opinion from you, so chill out my dude (or dudette or dudex).

If FMAB and HxH were to be divided into 3 or 4 seasons with as much as gap as aot had between 1st and 2nd season their ratings would not be this high, but the arc which actually is good would have just like aot s3 part 2. Despite low points they are rated this high you say, that's what this thread's main point was, if FMAB had a season 1 with 20 to 25 episodes, where story just builds it would probably be rated somewhere between 8 and 9, its being a complete story with a satisfying ending compensated those low points and that's why it is rated that high, still there are people who prefer aot over fmab, would you call their opinion invalid because they feel that way. Further, if fmab was split into seasons and 1st and 2nd seasons had a a gap of like 4 years, you would never see it on top with same amount of popularity like its prequel had, this is literally the case with any anime whose sequel was released after a long gap, like steins gate, steins gate 0, just see how many members and ratings steins gate gathered, and how many steins gate zero, so saying only those who are fans of series are watching that's why no of ratings are so less then season 1 is pure ignorance, you are ignoring the time gap causing many people to even forget about it, and if you had gone through episodes discussion thread you would have found a good no of people saying they didn't like earlier seasons but this season made even previous seasons worthy, ofcourse you don't have to feel that way but there are people who like this season despite not liking previous ones, further the way you rate is literally dumb and disgusting , so if many people who think fmab is overrated and should be down on list, should start giving it a 1? You are really toxic. People blame aot fandom to be toxic, but there you are rating it 1 because you think opposite of what other 95% people who rated this season positively thinks. You can see many of the people who say aot is best have rated fmab a 10 I don't find this fandom toxic but you haters are much more toxic rating 1 any anime which is about to topple their favorites.
Jul 3, 2019 1:00 AM

Oct 2018
Let's just end this with this perspective, since FMAB's rating tops other fully adapted anime in a single entry then:

MAL's top 1 fully adapted anime in a single entry is FMAB

While AoT S3Pt.2 rating currently (score is dropping) tops other sequel anime then::

MAL'S top 1 sequel anime is AoT S3Pt.2

Your name rating tops other movies so:

MAL's top 1 movie anime is Your Name
WraithFuryJul 3, 2019 1:05 AM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

736 by wibugar »»
Yesterday, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

346 by GengarGrinn »»
Apr 26, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Apr 25, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.