Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2020 9:10 AM

Mar 2017
Just finished rewatching the entire series so far. Seasons 2 and 3 (part 2) were by far my favourites.

That beach scene this episode though.. amazing.

Roll on Season 4 xD
bingamu85Jan 9, 2020 11:34 PM
Jan 10, 2020 11:02 AM

Nov 2015
Well…that was one rollercoaster of a season. I felt emotional after finally seeing them at the sea. I've followed their journey since the first season. it was so satisfying to see that. But also realizing we lost many people on the way *press X to pay respect*

As an anime-only, I really dont know what to think about it. Literally, it is hard to have an overall opinion about the direction AoT went this season. I really did not expect it. Do I like it? I have no clue. Is it a bit "too much" maybe, maybe not. Overall I enjoyed it - but there was so much new information that the
plot twists had no time to sink in. The reveal of Reiner and Bertholt made much more impact on me back at that time.

I wish I could see other anime-only viewers their reaction but i'm too scared to get spoiled with theories on the forums and even on reddit forums you always have those trolls who spoil you just for fun.

I still have some questions, hopefully they get answered in the next season
- How can the Beast titan just spawn titans at random
- Howcome Conny's mother turned into a titan and all those villages were empty in season 2
- Levi and Mikasa never talk about the fact that they may be family
- Annie is nowhere to be seen since season 1
- …

Well lets wait untill the next season. Im hyped!!
Jan 10, 2020 12:51 PM

Oct 2013
Admiral_Carapils said:
Well…that was one rollercoaster of a season. I felt emotional after finally seeing them at the sea. I've followed their journey since the first season. it was so satisfying to see that. But also realizing we lost many people on the way *press X to pay respect*

As an anime-only, I really dont know what to think about it. Literally, it is hard to have an overall opinion about the direction AoT went this season. I really did not expect it. Do I like it? I have no clue. Is it a bit "too much" maybe, maybe not. Overall I enjoyed it - but there was so much new information that the
plot twists had no time to sink in. The reveal of Reiner and Bertholt made much more impact on me back at that time.

I wish I could see other anime-only viewers their reaction but i'm too scared to get spoiled with theories on the forums and even on reddit forums you always have those trolls who spoil you just for fun.

- Howcome Conny's mother turned into a titan and all those villages were empty in season 2
- …

You can always watch reaction videos on youtube pertaining to these episodes. Just don't read the comments.
Jan 10, 2020 1:29 PM

Nov 2015
keragamming said:
Admiral_Carapils said:

- …

You can always watch reaction videos on youtube pertaining to these episodes. Just don't read the comments.

Well YouTube gives me recommended videos afterwards…i've been spoiled by that method before because i was rewatching scenes haha
Jan 10, 2020 2:59 PM
Jan 2020
Granted, this discussion is supposed to pertain specifically to episode 10 of Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2, I would like to create an observation that is very often overlooked:

One particular aspect of Attack of Titan that I have found to be incredibly unsettling is the inconsistency in visual design. Season 1 of Attack on Titan possessed a distinct visual design that is essentially nonexistent in the sequels.

This is especially exemplified by the Colossal Titan's design:

Colossal Titan design of Season 1:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0747/3829/products/mL0254_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571444810

Colossal Titan design of Season 3 Part 2:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/duKHFcHYC_k/maxresdefault.jpg

By observing the designs of the Colossal Titan in both seasons, it is apparent that the texture, intensity of color, as well as the lighting of the background are not identical. Although this is merely a single example of Season 3's failure to maintain the visual design of Season 1, inconsistencies of this nature are what diminish the quality of Attack on Titan. The fact that the visual design is not identical for all seasons is in itself problematic. The reason for this is that when a product (in this case Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2) is advertised as being a direct sequel for an existing universe, the expectation is that the product would retain the unique elements of its predecessors (that is, the visual design, soundtrack, animation, and so on).

Let us imagine that all of the episodes of Attack on Titan were not segmented into seasons, and that the episodes were all combined together into one single product. If this were the case, how would you account for the inconsistencies in visual design? Would it not be bizarre for the visuals of certain episodes to all of a sudden appear to be different, especially since those episodes are supposed to illustrate events that occurred in the exact same universe as the other episodes?

Although I do agree that Attack on Titan's story is indeed incredible, and that episode 10 of Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 was entertaining, one must consider the following: it is possible for the most impressive ideas to be written on paper (in this case the manga), but if those ideas are not properly illustrated and executed on screen (in this case the anime), those ideas will have been wasted.

As a result of the disparities in animation and visual design, I found myself to no longer be immersed in the universe of Attack on Titan. Even though episode 10 of Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 may have illustrated critical events of the Attack on Titan universe, the failure to maintain the visual design and animation of Season 1 will continue to negatively affect the anime. The entire purpose of a sequel is to add additional elements to a universe that already exists, and explore story lines that were not explored in the predecessor. As such, there is no excuse for the visual design and animation to all of a sudden appear to be different in the sequels, especially since those sequels claim to be occurring in the same universe as Season 1. Season 1 is essentially the foundation for Attack on Titan, seeing as it is the very season that gave birth to the universe. So long as the sequels deviate from that foundation (that is, so long as they do not maintain the same visual design, animation, and soundtracks of Season 1), they could never truly serve as legitimate sequels for Attack on Titan.

Makashi10Feb 10, 2020 5:16 PM
Jan 10, 2020 4:41 PM

Oct 2013
Makashi10 said:
Granted, this discussion is supposed to pertain specifically to episode 10 of Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2, I would like to create an observation that is very often overlooked:

One particular aspect of Attack of Titan that I have found to be incredibly unsettling is the inconsistency in visual design. Season 1 of Attack on Titan possessed a distinct visual design that is essentially nonexistent in the sequels.

This is especially exemplified by the Colossal Titan's design:

Colossal Titan design of Season 1:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0747/3829/products/mL0254_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571444810

Colossal Titan design of Season 3 Part 2:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/duKHFcHYC_k/maxresdefault.jpg

By observing the designs of the Colossal Titan in both seasons, it is apparent that the texture, intensity of color, as well as the lighting of the background are not identical. Although this is merely a single example of Season 3's failure to maintain the visual design of Season 1, inconsistencies of this nature are what diminish the quality of Attack of Titan. The fact that the visual design is not identical for all seasons is in itself problematic. The reason for this is that when a product (in this case Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2) is advertised as being a direct sequel for an existing universe, the expectation is that the product would retain the unique elements of its predecessors (that is, the visual design, soundtrack, animation, and so on).

Let us imagine that all of the episodes of Attack on Titan were not segmented into seasons, and that the episodes were all combined together into one single product. If this were the case, how would you account for the inconsistencies in visual design? Would it not be bizarre for the visuals of certain episodes to all of a sudden appear to be different, especially since those episodes are supposed to illustrate events that occurred in the exact same universe as the other episodes?

Although I do agree that Attack on Titan's story is indeed incredible, and that episode 10 of Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 was entertaining, one must consider the following: it is possible for the most impressive ideas to be written on paper (in this case the manga), but if those ideas are not properly illustrated and executed on screen (in this case the anime), those ideas will have been wasted.

As a result of the disparities in animation and visual design, I found myself to no longer be immersed in the universe of Attack on Titan. Even though episode 10 of Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 may have illustrated critical events of the Attack on Titan universe, the failure to maintain the visual design and animation of Season 1 will continue to negatively affect the anime. The entire purpose of a sequel is to add additional elements to a universe that already exists, and explore story lines that were not explored in the predecessor. As such, there is no excuse for the visual design and animation to all of a sudden appear to be different in the sequels, especially since those sequels claim to be occurring in the same universe as Season 1. Season 1 is essentially the foundation for Attack on Titan, seeing as it is the very season that gave birth to the universe. So long as the sequels deviate from that foundation (that is, so long as they do not maintain the same visual design, animation, and soundtracks of Season 1), they could never truly serve as legitimate sequels for Attack on Titan.

The mangaka for snk told them to change the design to look more similar to the manga, which is why season 3 looks so different from season 1.

The collosal titan design change simple because of lack of time to hand draw it, as in the first season, the collosal titan was much more easy to hand draw since it was at one place and didn't do much movements.
Jan 12, 2020 11:17 PM

Aug 2018
Fucking Eren dude ruining the heartwarming moments in the end, just enjoy it for a bit bruh

Also this Floch fucker still whining about Erwin cmon dude its done you can cry about it all day you cant change it back

Overall great season the narrative and storytelling were on point much better than previous seasons.Once this series over, you can easily called this a masterpiece on how fucking diverse and complex the plot compared to other animes out there.Also intense battles and moments every seasons.
As for now imma give this season
9/10
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 13, 2020 8:12 AM

Sep 2019
SapphyeePH said:
Fucking Eren dude ruining the heartwarming moments in the end, just enjoy it for a bit bruh

Also this Floch fucker still whining about Erwin cmon dude its done you can cry about it all day you cant change it back

Overall great season the narrative and storytelling were on point much better than previous seasons.Once this series over, you can easily called this a masterpiece on how fucking diverse and complex the plot compared to other animes out there.Also intense battles and moments every seasons.
As for now imma give this season
9/10
Fall 2020, see you there! SapphyeePH!!(maybe)
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 28, 2020 2:56 AM

Aug 2019
Having just re-watched the entire S3P2 again, it's quite clearly the best anime of the year in 2019. The last scene beautifully wrapped up the last arc and foreshadowed what was to come. The scene at the sea felt earned, not only by the cast, but even the audience deserve some credit for sticking with it.

Almost everything was absolutely nailed, with a few minor gripes about pacing after the basement reveal and how it could have been elongated by another episode just to give Grisha's backstory time to breathe and for the audience to be able to take it all in. It was a big information dump.

That being said, the animation was spot on (aside from the CGI Colossal), the OST is arguably the best it's ever been, and the art was pretty good too. Some characters were given some serious development such as Erwin, Armin and Eren.

The writing, meticulous planning and how the dots were all carefully laid throughout the previous 50 episodes and then joined bit by bit throughout the series, not to mention the foreshadowing, are what set this anime apart from anything I've seen since Steins Gate.

I'm praying WiT animatie the final season, but with it looking increasingly unlikely, I'd settle for Production I.G taking the majority of the load on-board like they did back in Season 1 in order give this impending classic the ending it deserves.

9.5 / 10

xenosysJan 28, 2020 3:02 AM
Jan 31, 2020 3:53 AM

Dec 2019
According to manga fans, this Season is NOTHING compared to Season 4.
Every show from every country is gonna be dethroned.
V1711Apr 19, 2020 4:10 AM
Feb 9, 2020 10:04 AM
Apr 2019
It's February 10!!!
Happy Birthday Mikasa 😍🎂
Feb 9, 2020 10:18 AM
Aug 2011
Happy Birthday Mikasa :3

I might remember wrong, but didn't Mr Reiss tell the story of his kids being all boys except for Frieda? If I remember correctly all had boy names...but in the memory flash I clearly see two little girls next to Frieda...why would he lie about the gender of his kids? Anyways I might be mistaking.

I'm very worried about the shortened life spans now, our boys are going to die young and Mikasa gets to be miserable for the rest of her life? D: This is devastating.
I was so moved by the final beach scene. I felt so proud of all of them. They all made incredible progress and all deserve to have their world stretched.It was an earned moment. I even felt happy for the yappy new boy (whom I otherwise dislike) who bullies Armin.
I just hate it how bullying somehow always finds it's way to Armin. He's
self-esteem is still too low, he suffers from anxiety attacks and needs more positive feedback to boost his confidence. Seeing him agreeing with new bully boy broke my heart. Poor thing believes that he is not worthy on his own right:( And my goodness, he is freaking beautiful now :O He was a bishounen on the beach.

Hange-Levi banter is hilarious. Jean-Connie-Sasha are sweet as always....I guess lot of them are going to die just to damage my soul.
Eren got me angry. I actually love his character a lot but he has no emotional resilience. Not trying to be apathetic towards his situation, but finally it's time for my little boy Armin to be happy for a short while, enjoy the sea, gain some satisfaction from making one of his biggest dreams come true....and Eren has to be the party pooper. Can't he just be happy for his dearest friend for 5 minutes and appreciate this precious moment with all these people who are technically his family now? This might be the last time he can make a nice memory with them. I do feel sorry for him and understand things are taking a toll on his sanity, also from storytelling perspective this behaviour was understandable, but he should not hurt those who stand closest to him. I have a feeling that Eren is going to have a negative character change and will go from the fascinating energy bomb&driving force to someone who is messed up in all kinds of ways.
I also have a hunch that freaking Poundtown might switch sides at some point btw.

Please don't spoil me with the manga :)
KitKatzeFeb 9, 2020 6:08 PM
Feb 9, 2020 11:40 PM
Apr 2019
KitKatze said:
Happy Birthday Mikasa :3

I might remember wrong, but didn't Mr Reiss tell the story of his kids being all boys except for Frieda? If I remember correctly all had boy names...but in the memory flash I clearly see two little girls next to Frieda...why would he lie about the gender of his kids? Anyways I might be mistaking.

I'm very worried about the shortened life spans now, our boys are going to die young and Mikasa gets to be miserable for the rest of her life? D: This is devastating.
I was so moved by the final beach scene. I felt so proud of all of them. They all made incredible progress and all deserve to have their world stretched.It was an earned moment. I even felt happy for the yappy new boy (whom I otherwise dislike) who bullies Armin.
I just hate it how bullying somehow always finds it's way to Armin. He's
self-esteem is still too low, he suffers from anxiety attacks and needs more positive feedback to boost his confidence. Seeing him agreeing with new bully boy broke my heart. Poor thing believes that he is not worthy on his own right:( And my goodness, he is freaking beautiful now :O He was a bishounen on the beach.

Hange-Levi banter is hilarious. Jean-Connie-Sasha are sweet as always....I guess lot of them are going to die just to damage my soul.
Eren got me angry. I actually love his character a lot but he has no emotional resilience. Not trying to be apathetic towards his situation, but finally it's time for my little boy Armin to be happy for a short while, enjoy the sea, gain some satisfaction from making one of his biggest dreams come true....and Eren has to be the party pooper. Can't he just be happy for his dearest friend for 5 minutes and appreciate this precious moment with all these people who are technically his family now? This might be the last time he can make a nice memory with them. I do feel sorry for him and understand things are taking a toll on his sanity, also from storytelling perspective this behaviour was understandable, but he should not hurt those who stand closest to him. I have a feeling that Eren is going to have a negative character change and will go from the fascinating energy bomb&driving force to someone who is messed up in all kinds of ways.
I also have a hunch that freaking Poundtown might switch sides at some point btw.

Please don't spoil me with the manga :)
You are mistaken actually, Rod Reiss had 5 children without Historia.
I think he had three daughters and two sons.

Eren is having a difficult time because he has seen his father's memories. So...
Feb 10, 2020 8:42 AM
Aug 2011
[quote=NakolHira message=59114367

[/quote] You are mistaken actually, Rod Reiss had 5 children without Historia.
I think he had three daughters and two sons.

[/quote]
Yes you'r right, there are two girls other than Frida (and Historia). I guess my confusion came from their names, Florian and Abel which are mostly masculine names. kind of weird they have boy names :D
Feb 14, 2020 7:44 AM

Nov 2019
Can't wait for season 4.
I miss Erwin :(
Mar 18, 2020 1:53 PM

May 2012
Well I got to say the backstory in these last few episodes was really nice but also a shame that it only appeared so late in the story.

In general a nice addition to the first part of this third season and I do wonder how they'll end it with the fourth and final season.

All in all a nice watch!
Mar 22, 2020 7:06 PM
Mar 2015
Better late than never! This season was mixed feelings and ended with a beautiful and emotional scene.
At which point is it in the manga?
Gosh, I wish they changed Armin's hairstyle, it's harsh enough to be voiced by a girl and seeing him suffer so much.
I hope I'm still alive when next season airs.
xx
Kya_FoxyMar 22, 2020 7:13 PM
Mar 23, 2020 3:16 AM
Oct 2018
SleepySnowSpirit said:
I think I’m the only one who enjoyed season 1 AoT much more than any other season

Most probably, yes. Because season 1 was so straight forward on the story. Season 1 was good, season 3 is top tier and in a different league.
Mar 23, 2020 4:02 AM

Aug 2012
Kya_Foxy said:
Better late than never! This season was mixed feelings and ended with a beautiful and emotional scene.
At which point is it in the manga?
Gosh, I wish they changed Armin's hairstyle, it's harsh enough to be voiced by a girl and seeing him suffer so much.
I hope I'm still alive when next season airs.
xx
Season 3 Part 2 ended on Chapter 90.
Mar 24, 2020 1:45 PM

Nov 2008
Can't say i enjoyed the massive infodump that was the latter half of this season as much as the action-packed, hype-fueled first half. The direction the story is about to take is also looking to be drastically different from what it has been so far and that makes me question if the next season is going to be any good.

SleepySnowSpirit said:
I think I’m the only one who enjoyed season 1 AoT much more than any other season

That makes two of us.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Mar 25, 2020 12:02 AM

Oct 2013
Genoard said:
Can't say i enjoyed the massive infodump that was the latter half of this season as much as the action-packed, hype-fueled first half. The direction the story is about to take is also looking to be drastically different from what it has been so far and that makes me question if the next season is going to be any good.

SleepySnowSpirit said:

That makes two of us.

SleepySnowSpirit said:
Genoard said:

That makes two of us.

AYEEE, I thought I was alone!

That is disappointing to hear but not surprising at the same time as season 1 is what you came to love and expect, only to see the series transform and go to a different path than what you expect.

@Genoard
You are right though the final season will be drastically different from any of the previous seasons you have watch, think of season 1 to season 3 part 2 as the prologue of the story.

Everything you have watch so far is set up for the main story for season 4, I personally don't know if either of you will like the next season more, but for me personally it blows the previous seasons out of the water easily.

All I'm going to say is to keep an open mind.

And finally.

"and that makes me question if the next season is going to be any good."

keragammingMar 25, 2020 12:05 AM
Mar 25, 2020 9:37 AM

Jul 2019
keragamming said:
Genoard said:

That makes two of us.

SleepySnowSpirit said:

AYEEE, I thought I was alone!

That is disappointing to hear but not surprising at the same time as season 1 is what you came to love and expect, only to see the series transform and go to a different path than what you expect.

@Genoard
You are right though the final season will be drastically different from any of the previous seasons you have watch, think of season 1 to season 3 part 2 as the prologue of the story.

Everything you have watch so far is set up for the main story for season 4, I personally don't know if either of you will like the next season more, but for me personally it blows the previous seasons out of the water easily.

All I'm going to say is to keep an open mind.

And finally.

"and that makes me question if the next season is going to be any good."

I see you lurk in old snk forums kinda like me except you know more. I have high hopes for Season 4, lol. It should be great atleast.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Mar 25, 2020 10:17 AM

Oct 2013
@puneetsingh

Not really lurk, because I simple get notification for some episode discussion thread, I did this while the season was airing so I get notify when a comment is posted.
Mar 27, 2020 8:12 AM

Jul 2019
keragamming said:
@puneetsingh

Not really lurk, because I simple get notification for some episode discussion thread, I did this while the season was airing so I get notify when a comment is posted.
I see but I come to see sometimes that how new people are feeling about this. Like this anime is the most connected anime to me now.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Mar 28, 2020 6:42 PM

Mar 2019
What a beautiful but sad episode.

Is Eren Ok? He has that dead look in his eyes and he seems like he is striving for freedom more than ever.

The sea seen at the end was very cute. Time to wait 7 months for Season 4.

10/10
Eana_Mar 28, 2020 6:46 PM
Apr 7, 2020 6:44 PM

Nov 2014
hello, it was good
Hello
Apr 8, 2020 3:33 AM

May 2017
a wholesome yet at the same time despairing end

also, the little "eep" sound that Mikasa made while standing in the ocean losing her balance is the cutest shit ever
Apr 11, 2020 11:02 PM
Mar 2020
Everything going well a nice happy ending for all after all fighting . But why Eren Yeager why ... You turn this think into a dam serious seen . even Mikasa is also simleing
Apr 11, 2020 11:02 PM
Mar 2020
Everything going well a nice happy ending for all after all fighting . But why Eren Yeager why ... You turn this think into a dam serious seen . even Mikasa is also simleing
Apr 27, 2020 9:00 PM
Jan 2020
i have to admit, the second half this season was amazing! i liked the first half, but i wasn't completely invested in it, but i literally binged this in two days (i would have finished sooner, but i took breaks cause i didn't want it to end lmao). it was a great balance between action and story telling, and i held on to every moment. i'm so excited for s4! <3
May 11, 2020 8:06 AM
Apr 2019
This was literally amazing.
May 17, 2020 11:20 PM
Apr 2020
oh god. oh god. oh god.
May 22, 2020 7:37 PM

Dec 2010
A beautiful ending. Eren's question really strikes home though - when does the fight really end?
Jun 6, 2020 4:55 AM
Jan 2018
Just becouse they mention a devil doesn't actually mean there will be one. Without even having to read the manga you can tell both sides have a different story kind of like the Bible

The elidians believe one thing and the other side believes another
Jun 7, 2020 3:35 AM
Apr 2019
Episode 59 has wonderful foreshadowing and build-up for the next season. I would ask anime-onlies to particularly watch this episode before watching final season.
Jun 11, 2020 7:48 AM

Oct 2019
The view at the end that we saw really was all chills..literally felt like we have reached a closure of sorts..

Armin's dream finally comes true..Eren at the same time finding it difficult to comprehend as to how the situation has evolved after finding out about his fathers memories..seems we are gonna get treated to this somber version of him in the future..

The episode was basically a rest and recuperate one..the walls have been recaptured after 6 whole years..

Also we get to know what the condition is for Eren to use his Co-ordinate powers..will be interesting to see how that pans out in the future..

Overall an excellent season and also the season after S1 that I am gonna rate 9..So many emotions and so many revelations..just a well packaged season in all..

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jun 17, 2020 4:57 AM

Jan 2018
We finally got a beach episode!
Jun 21, 2020 1:09 PM

May 2017
Just finished rewatching the whole series, and I'm so fucking pumped for the newest season. I feel so horrible for Eren and Armin, and I'm really looking forward to their character development that I'm sure is coming up. These poor fuckers, and us, the audience, went through some shit. This whole season has felt like trauma porn, watching these characters suffer over and over again. Hopwing for some real hope!
Jul 5, 2020 4:19 PM

Aug 2014
pinkprimrose180 said:
Wow, what an ending! I have really enjoyed this season. Looking forward to 2020!

This comment hasn't aged well.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 5, 2020 7:44 PM

Jun 2013
Finally the story is picking up. I liked the second half more than the first half. It answered some of the questions. But I had to read up on the Marley and Eldia history to get a better understanding. Still it's sad that all this time they were killing their fellow Eldians who were forced to become titans while the real enemy is the one across the ocean. And all this chaos just because King Shitz or Fritz left things unresolved.

I am also happy that Bertolt is served poetic justice. Now I sincerely hope the author shows the same favor on Reiner and Annie considering the destruction they have unleashed instead of creating empathy to whitewash their crimes.

Honestly apart from Eren every character is likeable to a certain extent even the antagonists. Eren's confused convictions and his PTSD condition doesn't really help his character shine or make him interesting at least for me and I have had this problem since the first season. I would easily replace him with Levi. But in this episode he seems a bit mature so I hope this carries forward in S4.
Jul 7, 2020 6:31 PM

Sep 2014
As someone who watched the first season of attack on titan shortly after it was fully released, but somehow didn't read the manga for all these years, this season really hit home. I was honestly avoiding this season, mainly because life got busy and the last time I visited the show was in 2017, but with lockdown commencing I decided to finally finish it. I binged the second and third season (I've watched the first season about 80 times so there was no need to revisit it) but this season has absolutely turned my world upside down and blown my mind. I wasn't spoiled for a thing and I honestly couldn't fathom the plot bombshells being dropped and the epic fight that started off this season.

I have to leave a tribute to Erwin. He was one of my favourite characters and his death was heartbreaking, honestly. I was yelling at my screen, before Reiner was conveniently saved by Zeke, that since a mere lick of the titan formula (?) turned Rod Reiss into a titan maybe Levi could (unsanitarily) split the syringe between the two and have Erwin and Armin respectively eat Reiner and Bertholdt, gaining their powers - obviously, this didn't happen and probably wasn't feasible because of some plot point I don't yet know. Overall, it was painful to see him go, and honestly after learning the truth of the world I was kind of glad Erwin didn't have to learn the grim, hellish reality of what the world is like. He was an amazing character, I will miss him dearly and I am sad he didn't see the basement, or fulfil his dream, but he's able to rest, and the episodes leading up to this were beautiful.

Honestly, I feel that the anime tackled Grisha's past amazingly, as an anime only watcher I felt all the pieces coming together as the episodes progressed, though like Eren I was left absolutely stupefied and honestly felt a bit sick learning the truth of the outside world. This season really took the story of this anime to another, elevated level I truly didn't imagine it could go to. I'm in awe, having binged it all in a day, and I honestly feel such a desperation to learn the fate of these characters that I might read the manga. This season, though it's obvious, was the best season of AoT, and honestly the best season of anime I've watched in a long time - maybe that's due to my attachment to these characters having spanned years. I cannot wait to see how this concludes next season.
Jul 23, 2020 8:19 PM

Jul 2016
Blasted through all 10 episodes today and so glad I did; although, waiting all this time to watch this season, I had forgotten a good portion of season 3 part 1 and previous plot points before that.. which means I'll just go back and watch the entire series again so I remember EVERYTHING. Such a tough life I have.

Glad to know we're all lucky enough to get a season 4. Being a AoT fan really does rock.
Aug 5, 2020 8:17 AM

Mar 2019
So this is the famour season. I can't give it 10/10, like I want to thanks to the first 6-7 episodes and the fact that it made me cry. But the info-dump we got was too much. I need to search a video explaining it cause I can't understand everything. I think I'll give it a 9, the first 6 episodes were incredibly good and god damn I HATE that brat Floch. Like stfu, you just joined, you have no right to speak....
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 16, 2020 8:16 PM
May 2020
Amazing anime.

Armin just realized how mindfucked his childhood friend was after being able to fullfill "their" dream of seeing the sea but he didn't even glance at him and neither smile, he was just lost in his thoughts staring at the horizont and talking about genocide. Mikasa was gorgeus though, at least we got that.

Now we wait for the final season.
Aug 25, 2020 6:20 PM

Feb 2019
What a fucking ride this was.

My man Eren can't catch a breath. Just as he says, beyond the ocean are enemies, all of them, the likes of the fatass that killed Grisha's sister.

Attack on World.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 4, 2020 12:36 PM

Mar 2016
All the memory absorbing is taking a mental toll on Eren. But it's also precisely because of these newfound memories that he has come to learn that the walls which have caged him in were only there to protect him and everyone else from the true enemies who lives beyond the horizon.

This marks an end to the long, long, long battle for humanity's survival from the wretched titans that roam the island of Paradis. Any that are left is soon to be eliminated. The saga to gain freedom is accomplished. They're free... Free to ream the island knowing that the world is their enemies who seek the destruction of the inhibitors of Paradis Island. For now, they can bask under the sunlight while their feet enjoy the sensation of sea waves for the very first time. I love the cute reactions from the characters there, Mikasa being adorable is quite rare so it's a scene to relish.

Next up... We're going, international!

Oct 10, 2020 12:57 AM
Jul 2020
Cue the trashiest way of killing off characters in existence "Curse of Ymir"

Cause we all LOVE timed dramatic events, I LOVED playing games that had count down timed levels or waiting for my exam results or waiting for our main character to die from illness or being poisoned or some other garbage like that instead of giving them the glorious ending they deserve, a sad or happy ending does not matter, but this is not the fucking way to end it, either give them the happy ending they strived for or let them go out in a blaze of glory, death timers are a shitty patch every bad writer uses to plug plotholes in their otherwise good story.

How am I supposed to cheer for them if I know in my heart that they will eventually never obtain the happiness I envisioned them having..

(I do not want manga readers opinions so please keep your spoilers to yourselves)
SalvacxoOct 10, 2020 1:10 AM
Oct 25, 2020 9:48 AM
Sep 2020
Amazing episode! especially the ocean scene at the end, so happy that season 4 is confirmed!

Nov 7, 2020 9:10 AM
Jul 2020
Eh, this season (or part) was better than last one, that's for sure. The plot-twists somewhat made sense, but the info-dumps were intolerable, and lore wasn't explained coherently. At least we saw a major character experience death, though, I still think that Armin was supposed to die. It would've easily fit the stories theme and show that Eren faces consequences for his actions, unlike the first season where he respawned as a titan, and it killed the stories momentum. Also, the explanation of Eren's titan powers ("curse of Ymir") was lackluster at best, and the basement reveal was anti-climactic and another info-dump to the story.

For what I enjoyed, I really liked the dramatic scenery and intense moments of this season. They seemed to put a balance between over-blown theatrics and monotonic-boring info-dumps, which is a plus for me. I also enjoyed the repercussions Eren had to face. Though, that was somewhat simmered down to a minimum by the weird plot-devices placed in the middle of the story. I still enjoyed this season (part 2) nonetheless. I'm actually quite interested in how this show ends out.

Verdict: 7/10. Good, but hopefully can do better.
ZlyiondNov 11, 2020 3:00 PM
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

346 by GengarGrinn »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.