Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2019 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The fight against the drum pounding demon continues!

I see Ufotable tried to make the battle look as flashy as possible. About time he finally managed to finish him off. Well done Tanjirou. Got to also see more of Zenitsu and Inosuke this episode. However, I felt the epsiode didn't have much comedy with Zenitsu as usual.

Inosuke has such a short temper.
Jun 29, 2019 7:59 AM

Jan 2015
Flawless adaptation once again, Ufotable keeps impressing with the OST and the animation.

Not good times for Zenitsu, Inosuke should calm down

Jun 29, 2019 8:56 AM

Jul 2014
The pacing is horrible. I understand they want to do the story justice but this is just too slow at this point and it's getting on my nerve now.

This anime is just 26 episode but it has the pacing of early 2000's anime like Naruto and Bleach, am I supposed to wait for another 2-3 years for a second season that may or may not happen to see the contens I am looking forward to? Pick up the pace already ufo.

Story and characters were never something special, but at least the animation and art were an eyes candy in the anime but it running everything with this slow as hell pacing.
Devil_SlayerJun 29, 2019 9:20 AM
Jun 29, 2019 9:05 AM

Jul 2014
As much as I love the story, settings, characters and animation, the pacing is fcking horrible, snail time slow.
That being said Zenitsu MVP of the ep, great that he was able to stand up for something that even he found weird for someone he just met, but that cliffhanger was torture, need to see what happens in the manga now.
Jun 29, 2019 9:08 AM

Apr 2018
This and episode 9 share the same problem, too slow. They even repeated a couple of scene, duh.

And wth is the new opening?
Jun 29, 2019 9:10 AM

May 2015
ufotable sucks ass,the director too
Jun 29, 2019 9:31 AM

Feb 2018
People are complaining about pacing, but I'll say this: at no point was I ever bored watching this episode.

The ending Tanjiro-Kyogai sequence was mesmerizing. And Zenitsu is getting more tolerable. This was a great episode.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 29, 2019 9:38 AM
Sep 2015
So even when he turned into demon he tried to work as an author? Too bad it didn't work so he take a full time job as a demon instead. His spinning house remind me of washing machine though.
Jun 29, 2019 9:38 AM

Aug 2013
Tanjirou was able to defeat that demon. About time.

So Inosuke was the other guy from the selection exam.

Jun 29, 2019 9:47 AM

May 2018
Pacing kinda feel slow. 2nd half is boring and dragging.
Jun 29, 2019 9:48 AM
Mar 2019
When I read the manga, I found that part better, in the anime, they put so much drama at the end that it really made me sick, why did they extend that part? Knowing that there were only a few hits and then revealing the face of the boar's head (Inosuke)? Anyway, excellent chapter.
Jun 29, 2019 9:49 AM

May 2015
Seriously? That scene dragged on way too long just for the sake of ending with this sort of cliffhanger. And it looked totally stupid for Tanjiro to just stand there doing nothing while the beating continued. At least Zenitsu wasn't as annoying this time.
Jun 29, 2019 10:19 AM

Mar 2017
That was such an awesome episode. Every week is just better and better. Inosuke is fucking insane and i have a massive amount of respect for Zenitsu for standing his ground against him. Zenitsu might not be brave in the conventional manner but he's brave to me all the same.

Also, am i the only one who wants to see Inosuke vs sleeping Zenitsu? haha

That part about the demons past was so sad. Every time Tanjirou defeats a demon it's just so heartbreaking because they're so human (despite not actually being human haha). I thought Tanjirou was so fucking cool in that fight though. One of the best combat sequences i've ever seen in an anime!
Jun 29, 2019 10:20 AM
Jan 2019
Someone complaining about pacing, i'll just watch this Show without complaining.
Jun 29, 2019 10:27 AM

Feb 2015
These cliffhangers will slowly contribute to my early death. Do hope Tanjiro will kick boarhead's ass hard!
Jun 29, 2019 10:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cool episode!

Second half did feel dragged out though but it's good to see a different side of Zenitsu. Tanjirou, you just took too long to leap off! But, that aside, that boar guy really lives up to the Mr. Impatient xD, hopefully we'll see an end to this little quarrel in no time.

Recapping of the backstory during the first half was a little puzzling but good thing it wasn't too long. Amazing animation for the fight and incredible resolve from Tanjirou, this is super stuff! Soundtracks, like the usual, excelled!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 29, 2019 10:42 AM

Oct 2012
Alright. Zenitsu must be protected at all costs.
Jun 29, 2019 10:53 AM

Dec 2016
The pacing was certainly off this episode. But i can understand their reason for the padding:

1. They probably want to include all of Boar head stuff in one episode( his reveal and characterization)
2. They don't want Boar Head reveal to overshadowed Zenitsu moments
3. They don't want this episode to have 2 fight right after another.
Jun 29, 2019 10:54 AM

Mar 2016
Now I have some respect for Zenitsu
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 29, 2019 11:26 AM

Jan 2018
my boi Inosuke will get a lot of hate if you do that ufotable.

also this is the last time we get to hear this op :<
Jun 29, 2019 11:35 AM

Sep 2017
As usual, I loved the episode

And unlike most of people over here apparently, the pacing doesn't bother me at all
I'm just a little frustrated by the cliffhanger at the end, I really want to see how Nezuko will interact with Zenitsu and Inosuke

Oh, and this episode made me love Zenitsu even more, what a great character

Also, I like when a show succeeds to make me emphatize with a villain, this demon's backstory and whole personnality were pretty sad and touching
DamuzenJun 29, 2019 11:38 AM
Jun 29, 2019 11:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The enemies rapid drumming and changing of the terrain sure made it tricky to get close to him. Hmm a cat courier huh. Thats one way of getting packages to other's in a speedy and covert manner. Zenitsu's stubborn defence of the box that housed Nezuko sure was impressive considering his surface attitude. An interesting ep that while ending the fight with the drummer decently also did well to expand upon Zenitsu's character. Looks like the next ep will be confrontation between Inosuke and Tanjirou.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2019 11:49 AM

Mar 2016
Somehow this episode was even worse than the last one. One of the worst pacing in anime I've seen. And yet another demon that could have easily beaten Tanjiro with his powers but still manages to lose bc of how retarded he is
Jun 29, 2019 11:54 AM
Dec 2017
The pacing has issues and the scene repeating was unnecessary (I understand why they decided to hold it up a bit considering what comes after this arc, but it's still a bit tiresome and there are some places where it really felt they were trying to drag things out). That said, I'm glad for the contents they adapted! Zenitsu is my beloved yet stupid son so it hurt my feelings a bit to see such a negative reaction to him. Cause despite all his flaws he's in the end an unbelievably kind person

May 2017
lmao @ that dragged out ending sequence lol they really wanted the cliffhanger badly. Also that was a weird scream from Tanjiro at the end.

I found the demon fight just as boring as the previous fight.. two fights in a row that bored the hell out of me. But the scene with Zenitsu in this episode was pretty good.

Jul 2017
What in the actual fuck was this episode. Kimetsu keeps surprising me how bad it is. They stretched this episode so hard. Like wtf happened this whole episode. First 12 minutes or so was a boring battle which tanjiro mostly just talked to himself the whole time while dodging the demons attacks. No substance or whatever just a 'you can do it Tanjiro just believe in your water powers!' and then does one slash and ends the battle. (the whole battle. including previous episode was basically this, 20+ minutes of Tanjiro dodging his attacks while tripping over the rotating house).

Dont give me shit about 'we had a backstory of the demon so the episode was really substantial'. Oh please. As if I should care about a backstory of a demon who is killed 1 minute later and then the backstory and I have no emotion whatsoever. I cannot believe that people would genuinely get emotional about his death. This demon was so fucking stale.

Then the last 8 minutes was a scene where we saw Zenitsu protecting Nezuko, which was stretched out as fuck as well. They replayed the opening scene of Tanjiro walking out the door to milk another half a minute or so. Then they talked again with the episode ending with an angry Tanjiro. Boring. Absolutely boring.

I can not understand that this anime has a mean score of 8.49. This is the first anime where I experience cringe. It horrible and a waste of my time to be honest. But people keep saying 'it gets better don't worry'. At this moment I'm just watching it for shits and giggles since its laughably bad. I am disgusted that this anime is getting praise while it's one of the worst animes I've seen untill now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2019 11:55 AM
Jun 2015
This shows about as bad as My Hero. I'm not sure how the author of HXH has such praise for this shit
Jun 29, 2019 12:02 PM
Dec 2017
>
shane_nichols said:
This shows about as bad as My Hero. I'm not sure how the author of HXH has such praise for this shit

If you didn't like my hero I don't see why you thought you'd like this, it's a very what you see is what you get story.
Jun 29, 2019 12:02 PM

Sep 2017
So glad they kept the OP for the second cour. I like Gurenge way too much, so I'm not sure if I could handle it being murdered like Dororo's first OP was. Oh look, they made it outside. Is that how the first guy managed to get outside? At least Kimetsu no Yaiba is intelligent enough to acknowledge that "Spirit alone isn't gonna get me anywhere!" That's a trope that I usually find pretty annoying. I find Kyogai to be the most likable evil demon we have seen thus far, which isn't very surprising because he's the only one that has actually got character development. The guy who I presume to be an editor took that rejection a bit too far. It's one thing to reject someone and it is another to berate and verbally assault them. Stepping on the draft was crossing a line. So Kyogai was already a demon when he was submitting that draft? Or is it that people can turn into demons naturally when experiencing a surge of negative emotions like that? I don't think that can be it because I believe I remember it being stated that the only way to become a demon is by receiving blood from Muzan. I feel like the part where Tanjiro learned how to breath was kind of pulled out of nowhere. There wasn't much of a reason for Tanjiro to avoid stepping on those papers. He didn't know Kyogai's backstory, so he doesn't understand the significance of those papers, and thus I find it a bit difficult to believe he naturally avoided stepping on them which just so happened to allow him to figure out how to breathe properly. At least Kyogai died in peace, with someone finally acknowledging him. That tool thing that drew the blood was pretty cool. Where did the cat come? Was it just invisible, chilling with Tanjiro this entire time? Or can it teleport? Wasn't Tanjiro supposed to knock on the door to let them know it was him before entering? I guess it can't be reasonably expected for him to remember that at a time like this. Impressive that he can carry someone with that many broken bones. I wonder if Zenitsu has a version of Tanjiro's Opening Thread using his hearing. Oh, so that is who the fifth survivor was. Did he select the material and make his sword by himself? Can't think of any other reason he would be able to have a jagged blade like that. Wasn't Inosuke self-taught as well? I thought you could only get into the Final Selection by being recommended by a teacher. Where did all of this bravery suddenly come from, Zenitsu? You should have used some of it earlier.
Jun 29, 2019 12:03 PM
Dec 2017
FuzzyFoxxx said:
What in the actual fuck was this episode. Kimetsu keeps surprising me how bad it is. They stretched this episode so hard. Like wtf happened this whole episode. First 12 minutes or so was a boring battle which tanjiro mostly just talked to himself the whole time while dodging the demons attacks. No substance or whatever just a 'you can do it Tanjiro just believe in your water powers!' and then does one slash and ends the battle. (the whole battle. including previous episode was basically this, 20+ minutes of Tanjiro dodging his attacks while tripping over the rotating house).

Dont give me shit about 'we had a backstory of the demon so the episode was really substantial'. Oh please. As if I should care about a backstory of a demon who is killed 1 minute later and then the backstory and I have no emotion whatsoever. I cannot believe that people would genuinely get emotional about his death. This demon was so fucking stale.

Then the last 8 minutes was a scene where we saw Zenitsu protecting Nezuko, which was stretched out as fuck as well. They replayed the opening scene of Tanjiro walking out the door to milk another half a minute or so. Then they talked again with the episode ending with an angry Tanjiro. Boring. Absolutely boring.

I can not understand that this anime has a mean score of 8.49. This is the first anime where I experience cringe. It horrible and a waste of my time to be honest. But people keep saying 'it gets better don't worry'. At this moment I'm just watching it for shits and giggles since its laughably bad. I am disgusted that this anime is getting praise while it's one of the worst animes I've seen untill now.

I have issues with the pacing but I feel you're being a tad dramatic
Jun 29, 2019 12:04 PM
Dec 2017
Gytanzo said:
So glad they kept the OP for the second cour. I like Gurenge way too much, so I'm not sure if I could handle it being murdered like Dororo's first OP was. Oh look, they made it outside. Is that how the first guy managed to get outside? At least Kimetsu no Yaiba is intelligent enough to acknowledge that "Spirit alone isn't gonna get me anywhere!" That's a trope that I usually find pretty annoying. I find Kyogai to be the most likable evil demon we have seen thus far, which isn't very surprising because he's the only one that has actually got character development. The guy who I presume to be an editor took that rejection a bit too far. It's one thing to reject someone and it is another to berate and verbally assault them. Stepping on the draft was crossing a line. So Kyogai was already a demon when he was submitting that draft? Or is it that people can turn into demons naturally when experiencing a surge of negative emotions like that? I don't think that can be it because I believe I remember it being stated that the only way to become a demon is by receiving blood from Muzan. I feel like the part where Tanjiro learned how to breath was kind of pulled out of nowhere. There wasn't much of a reason for Tanjiro to avoid stepping on those papers. He didn't know Kyogai's backstory, so he doesn't understand the significance of those papers, and thus I find it a bit difficult to believe he naturally avoided stepping on them which just so happened to allow him to figure out how to breathe properly. At least Kyogai died in peace, with someone finally acknowledging him. That tool thing that drew the blood was pretty cool. Where did the cat come? Was it just invisible, chilling with Tanjiro this entire time? Or can it teleport? Wasn't Tanjiro supposed to knock on the door to let them know it was him before entering? I guess it can't be reasonably expected for him to remember that at a time like this. Impressive that he can carry someone with that many broken bones. I wonder if Zenitsu has a version of Tanjiro's Opening Thread using his hearing. Oh, so that is who the fifth survivor was. Did he select the material and make his sword by himself? Can't think of any other reason he would be able to have a jagged blade like that. Wasn't Inosuke self-taught as well? I thought you could only get into the Final Selection by being recommended by a teacher. Where did all of this bravery suddenly come from, Zenitsu? You should have used some of it earlier.

Has the second cour already started? The scenes in the op end with this fight
Jun 29, 2019 12:05 PM

May 2018
So after Tanjiro defeats the demon, he gonna be up against Inosuke.
Jun 29, 2019 12:09 PM

Sep 2017
Mami-kouga said:
Gytanzo said:
Has the second cour already started? The scenes in the op end with this fight
I thought 12 episodes = cour. I could be mistaken though. So I assumed that with the 13th episode, the new cour had begun. Although I guess technically speaking the new cour begins next week, so I can't rest easy just yet.
Jun 29, 2019 12:25 PM

Jul 2007
all these cliffhangers are starting to get annoying
Jun 29, 2019 12:31 PM
Aug 2017
shane_nichols said:

Because the manga is vary good. If you only watch the anime, you have no right to talk trash about the manga. Anime adaption always mess up something. This is the only shounen I sill eager wait for new chapter each week and it always ranks high Shounen Jump ranking.
https://weeklyjump.livejournal.com/
Jun 29, 2019 12:34 PM
Sep 2018
Yeah dunno why people said at the end of the first arc that they were glad the bad part was done and the good stuff is coming, like what? I liked the first episodes 10x more then the last few that have aired my enjoyment for this show really is going downhill, i still like the art and ost but meh...
Hope it gets better soon.
Jun 29, 2019 12:57 PM

Jun 2015
idk why everyone's complaining about the pacing, the slow-burning makes for a good reveal later on, they probably wanted to make a whole ep about the boar.

with that said, I can't wait for next week's ep
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Jun 29, 2019 1:05 PM

Jul 2012
Okay I love ufotable, they have done great works for the art and animation, but the pacing is some Toei level shit, they even repeated a few scenes in the very same episode to make it up. I don't know why they're doing this. It's not like this will be a regular weekly anime like One Piece or something.

KlinyKlinn said:
my boi Inosuke will get a lot of hate if you do that ufotable.

also this is the last time we get to hear this op :<

I don't think they will change the OP at all. It seems there are some scenes in the OP that we have yet to see. And also I haven't found any OP leak for this particular anime (usually they're already leaked by this point of time). Could be wrong though.
Jun 29, 2019 1:07 PM

Nov 2013
i keep seeing people complain about Tanjirou nor reacting faster to the boar guy, and while i agree... i also have to think about something else
lately i have been having back problems ... and sometimes when i have a big pain i can barely move ... and Tanjirou has been fighting for days with his body broken without even having time to rest ... soooooooo yeah... that's all i wanted to say lol

anyway it was awesome of Zenitsu to protect Nezuko, and with that he just transfered my "worst character of the season" award to the retarded boar guy <.<
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 29, 2019 1:34 PM
Apr 2019
Boring, 3 episodes wasted on some no name demon that isn't even part of the 12 moons
Jun 29, 2019 1:41 PM
Mar 2019

Well, do not see it, the Japanese do not care about their opinions.
Jun 29, 2019 1:42 PM
Apr 2019
winddevil1 said:
i keep seeing people complain about Tanjirou nor reacting faster to the boar guy, and while i agree... i also have to think about something else
lately i have been having back problems ... and sometimes when i have a big pain i can barely move ... and Tanjirou has been fighting for days with his body broken without even having time to rest ... soooooooo yeah... that's all i wanted to say lol

anyway it was awesome of Zenitsu to protect Nezuko, and with that he just transfered my "worst character of the season" award to the retarded boar guy <.<

Sad that the new group members kinda suck, I hope kimono girl can save this group.
Jun 29, 2019 1:52 PM
Apr 2019
So I guess people can turn into demons when they are enraged like in kenja no mago?
Jun 29, 2019 1:52 PM
Mar 2015
Tanjiro finally able to defeat the drummer. Demon found a way to silence his critics. Glad the whiny demon slayer is holding off the pig
Jun 29, 2019 1:54 PM

Mar 2014
Don't mind me I'm just coming in here to say I really enjoyed this episode. You guys are exagerrating like crazy, making it sound like this is one of the worst things ever.

There is nothing new about stretching so the episode can end on a certain scene.
Jun 29, 2019 1:55 PM

Feb 2011
He won't kill him( Otherwise it could be GREAT.
Jun 29, 2019 2:01 PM
Mar 2019
FuzzyFoxxx said:

I have issues with the pacing but I feel you're being a tad dramatic

Do not be so stupid, just lengthen the ending a bit and repeat the villain's flashback, but the chapter is well adapted, they do not have water powers either, that's metaphorical, it's just a representation of what your fencing style looks like, because , I read the manga and it tells you directly and indirectly that they do not have them and that there is only one person who does. If you really see the first chapters of the anime, do not they tell you that the breaths are just to increase strength, endurance and physical durability? This shows that they only read and do not think. I'm sorry if I use inappropriate language, well, if you say that this is your worst anime, I do not want to know which ones are best for you.
DrakenKnightJun 29, 2019 2:09 PM
Jun 29, 2019 2:04 PM

May 2018
Damn this is slow, at this rate not much will happen in 26 episodes.

They wasted 10 min showing Zenitsu protecting the box, while Tanjirou just sits there and watches him getting beat up. And after all that it ends with a cliffhanger?!

And why the hell do they have to come with a sob story for every bloodthirsty demon? This episode was so annoying to watch.
Jun 29, 2019 2:05 PM
Jan 2019
shane_nichols said:

Because Togashi can praise whatever the fuck he wants to and does not care about your opinion. Also, MHA is a great anime.
Jun 29, 2019 2:05 PM

May 2014
I love Zenitsu now.. But please what was all that dragging in the end? It felt really obvious and took away the emotion for me since we got two repeats AND some scene dragging in the end.. beast guy was getting on my nerves for being so stupid.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Bad animation? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - May 11

59 by Kaitaka12 »»
Yesterday, 11:44 PM

» Demon Slayer is the top selling manga in America in 2023

FZREMAKE - May 12

48 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Yesterday, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2019

234 by Prumpin »»
May 14, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

228 by skatensleep »»
May 12, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RebelPanda - Jun 15, 2019

309 by skatensleep »»
May 11, 11:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.