Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2019 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
This was a decent episode, but so much of it was just repeating questions and platitudes that the series has been exploring all along, without adding much new to the discussion.

Hopefully the finale proves conclusive and doesn't just obsess over philosophical platitudes in the least subtle fashion imaginable.
Jun 17, 2019 12:14 PM
Apr 2016
Well, this episode was rather nerv wrecking. So, those two died, their deaths didn't feel in any way tragic though, just fast. The final battle between Hyakkimaru and his brother is awesome & tragic. Great episode.
Jun 17, 2019 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
It was satisfying seeing Mutsu and Hyogo die honestly. They couldn't honor a 1v1 and got their shit handed to them by Rapidash
Jun 17, 2019 12:17 PM

Nov 2017
rip to the horsie (again)
ロード中です...

Jun 17, 2019 12:18 PM

Oct 2018
Rspidash is now my favorite pokemon after this episode
Jun 17, 2019 12:54 PM

Nov 2017
Wow, amazing. I'm speechless. Everything was top-notch. Waiting for the next week finale is gonna be tough.
Jun 17, 2019 1:00 PM

Jul 2011
Intense episode with so much truth in it

Jun 17, 2019 1:06 PM

Oct 2017
ArcturusMi said:
EckhartPilgrim said:
So by pursuing Hyakkimaru, Tahomaru's actions led to:
- the demonization of the horse, thus the killing of many soldiers of Daigo's land;
- the death of both his servants/friends;
- the fire of hos own castle.

And he's still saying that the one destroying the land is Hyakkimaru? Come on.
Really? Hyakki retrieving his body parts caused suffering to the entire Daigo.

It's the opposite. Hyakki becoming an unwilling sacrifice caused prosperity to the entire land. They were suffering before anyways, retrieving the body parts just marks the end of that contract.
Ahomaru had easy childhood thanks to his big bros sacrifice. By refusing to let go of this, people like him caused additional unneeded suffering.

In summary - humanking is ungrateful scum which should be extinct already.
RainyShadowJun 17, 2019 1:10 PM
Jun 17, 2019 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit, Hyogo and Mutsu's deaths were brutal. And RIP again horse mom.
I'm so excited and scared for the ending.
Jun 17, 2019 1:13 PM

Aug 2016
Rip our Rapidash.
Jun 17, 2019 1:17 PM
Oct 2018
Bangalo said:
Swagernator said:
It is really hard to pick a side in all this, both sides have reasons .. and i dare to say valid reasons, for their actions. Next week is the finale. Also those villagers that has been on screen for like two episodes by now, i hope they are somehow part of Dororo and her treasure sublot.

What do you mean? Hyaka deserves what's his, you should fight for what is yours. That prosperity wasn't a fruit of their labour. It would be a different story if someone was undoing a self-sacrifice.

Totally agreed. I'm rooting for Hyakkimaru
Jun 17, 2019 1:37 PM

Jul 2009
Bangalo said:
Swagernator said:
It is really hard to pick a side in all this, both sides have reasons .. and i dare to say valid reasons, for their actions. Next week is the finale. Also those villagers that has been on screen for like two episodes by now, i hope they are somehow part of Dororo and her treasure sublot.

What do you mean? Hyaka deserves what's his, you should fight for what is yours. That prosperity wasn't a fruit of their labour. It would be a different story if someone was undoing a self-sacrifice.

Here here! Daigo should rot for messing with demons. Hyakki is the right party. He just needs to not turn demonic

RainyShadow said:
ArcturusMi said:

It's the opposite. Hyakki becoming an unwilling sacrifice caused prosperity to the entire land. They were suffering before anyways, retrieving the body parts just marks the end of that contract.
Ahomaru had easy childhood thanks to his big bros sacrifice. By refusing to let go of this, people like him caused additional unneeded suffering.

Couldn’t have said it better myself

RIP RAPIDASH 😭😭😭
Jun 17, 2019 1:57 PM

Aug 2012
hyogo ablity to stand up and thrust a sword without his head was pretty goddamn stupid and unnecessary. but yeah action theme in this anime is bad as hell anyway lmao
JeycoppJun 17, 2019 2:00 PM
Jun 17, 2019 2:00 PM

Feb 2014
Lel0uchZer0 said:
YES MUTSU AND HYOGO DIED
YESSSSSSSSSSSS THE BEST MOMENT OF THE SERIES

I too felt the excitement of them dying. But now it kinda feels disgusting. Even though they walked the path of cruelty for their savior their lord, they were human after all.
RIP Hyogo and Mutsu, The siblings that were too loyal to be evil.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 17, 2019 2:02 PM

Feb 2014
Lel0uchZer0 said:
dasprn said:

I too felt the excitement of them dying. But now it kinda feels disgusting. Even though they walked the path of cruelty for their savior their lord, they were human after all.
RIP Hyogo and Mutsu, The siblings that were too loyal to be evil.

Naaaah fam they deserved it so much
They dare say to hya that that isn't his body
They deserved it

Even though that was far too brutal to be called even.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 17, 2019 2:14 PM

Jun 2015
The end is nigh. Could it be a tragic ending like the manga, or just a bittersweet ending like the 1969 anime? Either way, we can all expect full existentialism.
Jun 17, 2019 2:29 PM
Sep 2014
Imagine siding with the person trying to kill thousands for a better quality of life for himself.
👌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)👌
Jun 17, 2019 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
RIP Rapidash, I will sure remember those brutal treatment he got even by headless guy. Glad to see Ponyta managed to hold up his emotions at the end.

Well the show has been so silent for long time and finally they brought up epic music made the last scenes very cool. This is kind of interesting scenarios the show has been missing for so long and could better off as one cour that could make more action packed instead of so many draggy moments and repetitive character developments.

Anyway we are very close to conclusion and have a feeling that will be tragic. Definitely don't make sense it would end like 69s version as how wild Hyakkimaru developed during 2nd half.
Jun 17, 2019 3:28 PM
Sep 2016
Aleiad said:

RIP Rapidash horsie...

Agree, Rapidash was best character.
Poor Horsie.
Also loved this episode, i'll hope for a good finale.
Jun 17, 2019 3:58 PM

Aug 2017
That horse is brutal lol. RIP her, Hyogo and Mutsu. Well, Hyakkimaru got his arms back.

So, the show will end with the fight between the two brothers. Also, what will Jukai do'? Is Daigo going to die in the war?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 17, 2019 4:24 PM
May 2016
NV_ Like Nui said, the prosperity in the land based on a single person being robbed of their body was never going to last. For one thing the contract is with Kagemitsu Daigo so it would disappear as soon as he dies. The only way they can get lasting prosperity is by improving their lives themselves. Also Daigo free'd the demons from the shrine by making the deal so other domains were effected for the worst by the demons, such as Bandai and the giant centipede. This isn't one life vs a domain. Daigo's land did the equivalent of being in the middle of the desert and eating a baby when it won't save you.
Jun 17, 2019 4:24 PM

Dec 2012
Gosh, I cannot believe there is only one episode left wow
This was a great episode~!
Jun 17, 2019 4:44 PM

Sep 2011
The nerve and entitlement of Tahomaru, and his retainers, I swear. Saying that Hyakkimaru's body was "never his", and that they would take back what is "theirs". Not that I expected otherwise, but to the very end Tahomaru and Daigo couldn't see Hyakkimaru as a human being, just as the sacrificial pawn that his own "father" tried to turn him into. His "brother" also referred to him as "that thing" and worse, when he is no longer human himself, and his "father", in a similar way to before, referred to him as "demon's leftovers." Thankfully Midoro killed Hyogo and Mutsu, and Hyakkimaru got his arms back, but sadly the demon mare died in the process. At least it could see its foal one last time.

I just hope Jukai, Dororo, and Hyakkimaru's mother won't do anything stupid. Tahomaru ran away to the castle because he believed he would have the advantage in an enclosed space, but hopefully Hyakkimaru is going to retrieve his eyes very soon too. Hyakkimaru didn't need to dirty his hands with Hyogo and Mutsu, but I guess there's no other way now. Hopefully Daigo will also meet his end fighting the Asakura army, and I hope Hyakkimaru's hands are fine after gripping his swords like that.
Jun 17, 2019 5:22 PM

Apr 2017
The two assistants of Tahomarou got beaten up by the horse. Hyakkimaru finally obtained his arms and it was painful to see him doing sword fighting with his bleeding hands. I want that greedy Tahomarou guy to die and let his brother live. I wish Dororo and Hyakkimaru could live in peace and happiness. I still have my hope for a happy ending.
Jun 17, 2019 5:37 PM
May 2016
NV_ said:
Imagine siding with the person trying to kill thousands for a better quality of life for himself.

Imagine siding with thousands who sacrifice innocent child to demons so they can have better life for themselves.
As was said, Hyaka deserves what's his, you should fight for what is yours. That prosperity wasn't a fruit of their labour.
They should fight for their prosperity. Not parasite on innocent person's life.
ninka22Jun 17, 2019 5:47 PM
Jun 17, 2019 5:57 PM

Oct 2010
If the demons are causing the issues, KILLING them is the more logical solution to the problems. If it's nature, and the demons are just holding nature back, then that's not solving the issue anyway, that's just postponing it until the demons want a new sacrifice.

So at worst, killing the demons lets nature take it's course. Then the humans have to work around nature, as we do IRL. That's the best solution.

Anyway, this episode was lit. I'm a bit sad that we didn't have Hyakkimaru going around getting 48 body parts from 48 demons like in the original source, but this is also a very satisfying adaptation (thus far, obvs). Cutting it down seems to have worked well for the production overall. I'm super hyped for next week's finale but also sad that it's coming to end. One of the only two shows currently airing that I really really look forward to anymore... (Kimetsu being the other one, if anyone is curious)
Jun 17, 2019 6:15 PM

Oct 2015
I liked that Horse man, it was so badass and very beautiful. Wish it didn't have to die!

Can't wait for the last episode, a week is a decade!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 17, 2019 6:21 PM
Mar 2019
Awesome episode overall, there's still one thing bugging me which is I need someone to explain to me how did that horse after being bombed to pieces just get back together and become super strong and also suddenly faithful to Haikimaru....
Jun 17, 2019 6:43 PM
Dec 2017
Holy cow the build up is real!!! The way they set up the conflict of Hyakkimaru putting the land in jeopardy made me think that it wouldn't seem justifiable at the end, but somehow they managed to pull it off! And between Rapidash and Hyogo and Mutsu dying, this show isn't pulling any punches. I'm simultaneously anticipating and dreading the end of the series next week because this has been one heck of a ride!
Jun 17, 2019 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
Best fucking ep of the show right here, The persistent sense of dread, the lengthy and extremely brutal battle between hyakimaru and Tahomaru across a variety of setpieces, the artsy as fuck final couple minutes, and finally topping it off with hyakimaru losing his humanity.

Its a real toss up how the ending will go for hyakimaru's fate, regardless the domain is fucked beyond repair. I think hyakimaru is probably going to live but honestly I kind of want the series to end with the entire bloodline dead alongside all the demons, I dont know it feels a bit more thematically appropriate.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 17, 2019 7:26 PM

Mar 2016
Neither side is right or wrong, when you think about it. However, the people have relied too much on the "artificial prosperity" of the land to where they've truly neglected how to attain something via your OWN labor.
Jun 17, 2019 7:47 PM
Jan 2019
Great scenes, emotional scenes, sad scenes ... There was everything.

Again, they made me suffer for the white mare. They showed us a touching scene between mother and son 😢.
Dororo's words defending Hyakkimaru touched my heart. Actually, he loves Hyakkimaru as the brother he never had. It is the only family that has at this time 😟.

I am left with these phrases of Dororo and the mother of Hyakkimaru:
"What we do not get with our own hands, we can not protect it"
"It's not about strength, it's about the heart."

How does Dororo plan to stop Hyakkimaru ?. I hope this anime has a good ending. At the moment, he has a score of 8 insured on my part.

PS: I just realized that they reduced the 48 demons that devoured Hyakkimaru to only 12 demons.

The truth, I hope that in the end Hyakkimaru will face his father, and defeat that unfortunate one.
Jun 17, 2019 8:00 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

It really is hard to pick sides in this, I feel bad for both of those brothers getting thrust into the position they are in. Had the circumstances been different, they would've grown up together. :(

Battle sequences this episode were awesome.

Finale next week, can't wait.
Jun 17, 2019 8:25 PM

Feb 2015
This is so lame. These morons acting like villains and being obvious hypocrite. Hyakki having no personality. It's just so comedically dramatic.
Jun 17, 2019 8:37 PM

Mar 2013
Hype hype hype for the next episode.
Jun 17, 2019 9:36 PM
Oct 2017
in 10 years this will probably be considered a classic. it's checked off all the marks of a great jidaigeki drama
Jun 17, 2019 9:44 PM
Mar 2016
Hyogo's death was fucking brutal and then the demon arm thing kicked it! loved that scene.
Ahhh i don't want this series to end, probably my AOTS (not including sequel like SnK III).
5/5

EDIT=Also in the first OP the rapidash horse is headless; was that foreshadowing Hyogo's death?
TTagainJun 17, 2019 9:48 PM
Jun 17, 2019 10:08 PM

Jul 2012
The siblings are dead! Finally! That was so satisfying to see, Hyakki finally getting his arms back. I felt bad about Rapidash though :(

I don't know what Jukai is up to now and it worries me :/

So this is it, we're one episode away...
To be honest, I don't care who dies at this point, I just want Hyakki to get his body back and live happily with Dororo, everyone else I don't give a damn.

jrShark said:
asdqua said:
I've been wondering for a long time why don't Tahoumaru just offer his body instead

Hmm I've been wondering about that ever since the conflict was made known. My guess is that since the pact was already made, they cannot undo, alter or break the contract. As in, during the ritual, even though the criteria can be any of the Daigo's heir, the contract was made agreed using Hyakkimaru as the sacrifice, and thus it cannot be changed. The demon themselves probably couldn't alter the pact too.

Also, since most of the demons are already dead, I doubt they are able to do a re-contract with the demons using Tahomaru as the sacrifice. It might need the power of all 12 demons to initiate the pact.

These are just my guess, if there's anyone with a better hypothesis or the correct info do let me know too, thanks!

You may be right, it may be impossible to complete the contract without Hyakki's body, but the thing is Tahomaru didn't even try. He never thought about self sacrifice.

Thanjh said:
Anime's good but the characters are all stupid. How can they keep making hyakki out to be a villiain like they don't gain from him being a sacrifice. They literally have no right to complain. They can fight it but their idea that they're in the right is just stupid.
Even the guy who makes the prosthetics is against hyakki taking his body back because "he'll become a demon" which is another dumb idea that characters have. He's simply taking back what's his I can't even feel sympathy for the people of daigo.

I completely agree with this. I love the anime but I'm tired of it trying to push this false morality on us in every single episode. They make all this big fuss about Hyakki spilling human blood, that "it will make him lose his humanity", like he's the only one killing humans lol... Daigo sacrificed an innocent baby, his own son to the demons, ins't that inhumane?
Jun 17, 2019 10:49 PM

Jul 2016
Excellent episode. The tension does nothing but increase at every moment.

I really like how well Hyakki's dilemma is being handled so far. Nui's speech was perfect to sum it up. Now, let's see whether she will be able to do something to save both her children or not.

By the way, the choreography of the fights were absolutely outstanding and the OST was on point as well. I hope the finale can have the same quality.

Just one more episode. Really excited for it if I'm honest.
Jun 17, 2019 11:51 PM

Feb 2019
Glad because Mutsu and Hyogo died. They deserve it and I don't care about them anyway.

I also want Tahomaru and Daigo dead next please. 1 episode to go omg :(
I still hope Hyakkimaru can get his eyes back to see Dororo T.T
owkey
Jun 18, 2019 1:14 AM

Nov 2016
so why does hyakkimaru decide to use his arm blades and not the sword he has at his waist
Jun 18, 2019 1:55 AM

Mar 2012
NV_ said:

the thing is, he's not fighting for a better quality of life, hyakkimaru is fighting for the right to be alive. which he should have had since he was born.
Jun 18, 2019 2:52 AM
Apr 2019
RainyShadow said:
ArcturusMi said:

How's it the opposite when it's the same thing you you just said.

Before Hyakki goes on to collect his body parts, the entire land of Daigo enjoyed their prosperity. Him begins his hunt made the land regress to a hellhole it was.

Taho simply choose the lives of many (Daigo) outweighs the life of one (Hyakki). And while it's morally unquestionable, he has a good reason to do so, to prevent the suffering of the land of Daigo.

And Hyakki has "weak" reason to retrieve his body parts, "because it's mine". It takes episode 20 where he's in despair because he couldn't save Dororo whereas any normal human would with their real limbs, and the other is how he wants to become human, like Dororo.

This show has good morally grey area but it's wasted on viewers like you.
Jun 18, 2019 2:55 AM
Apr 2019
ninka22 said:
NV_ said:

Imagine siding with thousands who sacrifice innocent child to demons so they can have better life for themselves.
As was said, Hyaka deserves what's his, you should fight for what is yours. That prosperity wasn't a fruit of their labour.

no hard work can change the nature dumbass.

First episode, landslide, drought, and famine.

Hard work my ass
Jun 18, 2019 3:00 AM

Jan 2013
finally those two irrelevant siblings died but boy do i loath tahoumaru. he is the living example of r/entitledniceguys.
HibiChikaJun 18, 2019 3:21 AM
Jun 18, 2019 3:05 AM
May 2016
ArcturusMi said:
ninka22 said:

Hard work my ass

Good to know there are people like you who will sacrifice their child to demons to prevent landslide, drought, and famine.
your kids will sure be lucky ones with parent of such generous mind.
Jun 18, 2019 3:09 AM
Jun 2017
this is it hyakkimaru vs daigo on one on one battle, no one now can stop them. yeah, lets see what could happen in the final episode...
Jun 18, 2019 3:14 AM
Apr 2019
ninka22 said:
ArcturusMi said:

Hard work my ass

Good to know there are people like you who will sacrifice their child to demons to prevent landslide, drought, and famine.
your kids will sure be lucky ones with parent of such generous mind.

Oh i was referring to your stupid ass "uhhh just work harder haha"

I wouldn't sacrifice my child, i would sacrifice myself... Which Daigo did, "take anything from me", but play of words and Hyakki counts as something belonging to him (his child).

And again, this is the entire land of Daigo. Woman and Children SUFFERS and DIES. This message kept being repeated.
Jun 18, 2019 3:17 AM
May 2016
ArcturusMi said:
RainyShadow said:

Before Hyakki goes on to collect his body parts, the entire land of Daigo enjoyed their prosperity. Him begins his hunt made the land regress to a hellhole it was.

Taho simply choose the lives of many (Daigo) outweighs the life of one (Hyakki). And while it's morally unquestionable, he has a good reason to do so, to prevent the suffering of the land of Daigo.

And Hyakki has "weak" reason to retrieve his body parts, "because it's mine". It takes episode 20 where he's in despair because he couldn't save Dororo whereas any normal human would with their real limbs, and the other is how he wants to become human, like Dororo.

No one should enjoyed their prosperity at the expense of other person's life. They should fight for their prosperity. Not parasite on innocent person's life.
You are not god to decide whose life is more important.

Jun 18, 2019 3:23 AM
Apr 2019
ninka22 said:
ArcturusMi said:

No one should enjoyed their prosperity at the expense of other person's life. They should fight for their prosperity. Not parasite on innocent person's life.
You are not god to decide whose life is more important.

"they should fight for their prosperity"
again, dumbass, they can't fight the nature itself.

Again, Daigo is totally okay with the people thriving off his sacrifice, be it his body parts or life, but the demons are assholes they took Hyakki.

Correct, nobody should decide whose life is more important. That's the whole theme of this show. Tens of thousands of people's lives or the life and humanity of a single boy. A good morality questions like the classic "1000 strangers vs 1 person you love, which one you'd save?" Yet, idiots like you keep seeing it only from one side.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.