Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 10, 2019 5:51 PM

Oct 2015
I think Hyakkimaru's mother will die, probably die saving him. Usually when a character progresses like this, it means death flags all over the place.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 10, 2019 5:58 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, this episode was kinda sad to watch. It's a real shame that Hyakkimaru has to be pitted against Tahomaru. If the circumstances were different, I think they would've gotten a long really well with each other :(

Mutsu giving her soul to the demon. :(

Why can't we all just get along? :(
Jun 10, 2019 6:22 PM

May 2017
wooow they really took the evil route huh.

Not sure how to feel about that.. I would have loved a moment where Hyakkimaru is on the brink of desperation because he is not able to find Dororo after fighting and searching tirelessly for days. Slowly but surely he turns more tragic after facing despair and thats when dororo shows up with this mom. I think it would be unrealistic if Hyakkimaru would not be able to forgive his mom after hearing her story.

I still think Tahomaru needs to die by the hands of Hyakkimaru.

It would have been nice if that would have happened in episode 21.. Instead Tahomaru and his friends now got the remainings body parts of Hyakkimaru to once again face him in battle and to assure a future for the daigo country.

Anyways this episode was goodie I just would have hoped for a different direction and not the evil demonized hyakkimaru one. Cant wait to see how this wraps up. Next week will be the climax.
shayed__Jun 10, 2019 6:29 PM
Jun 10, 2019 6:52 PM
Dec 2018
SkyDrop said:

And where is Daigo when is needed?

He is about to war with Asakura clan
Jun 10, 2019 6:55 PM
Sep 2017
kater_tot said:
I never blamed Tahomaru for how he wanted to save his people but taking Hyakkimaru's body? That's going a step too far and that makes him just as much a monster as his father.

My heart is just breaking more with every episode... i don't want Hyakki to lose his humanity whilst trying to obtain his body. I'm really hoping that his mother and Dororo combined can save him.

I liked the heavy theme of fate in this episode, the way you can visibly see the piece coming together for a big finale. I'm so fucking sad that there's only 2 more eps though

All of this. Agree 100%.
Jun 10, 2019 8:10 PM

Mar 2016
Tahou's hatred for Hyakki is starting to look unreasonable. If he got mad at him for cutting off Mutsu and Hyougo's arms, that'd make more sense; but instead, he got mad when the demons were being picky about whose parts they wanted.

Looks like the mum is gonna die, but I am not sure if this is the type of story where family members die.

The horse is super cool. I want Hyakkimaru to keep it.

Hyakki has been talking and screaming a lot recently. I think I liked him better when he was quiet.

The way they animated the ground as Hyaakkimaru was approaching Tahoumaru was awesome!

I guess Hyakki only has three more body parts he needs to retrieve, but they have been taken by the three most annoying characters of the series. Still, I finally know the answer to the question (which was none of my business) that I had for months.
Jun 10, 2019 8:51 PM

Feb 2014
Seeing these brothers fight to death over what they think is right just breaks the heart. Don't know who is right as of now.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 10, 2019 9:21 PM

May 2011
From this episode, I guess it's most likely going to be a bleak ending. If not, I'll most likely be disappointed if this show somehow manages to pull off a [forced] happy ending.

I'm excited to see how this turns out!
Jun 10, 2019 9:25 PM

Mar 2009
hassasin-1001 said:
What? Mutsu is a woman! Hyakkimaru was the first pokemon trainer.

They referred to Mutsu and Hyogo as "brothers" previously. I thought she was female when I first saw her, until they referred to her that way.
Now all of a sudden, after calling them brothers and waiting 20+ episodes, they are calling Mutsu: sis, ane-ue, sister, she, her and so on.
It seemed like they were suddenly trying to hard to assure us she was a she. If they did want us thinking she was male, they shouldn't have had them called brothers.
It really seemed out of place.
Jun 10, 2019 9:34 PM

Sep 2016
So if the mother horse is Rapidash, does that make it when the little horse dies and becomes a ghoul as well a ponyta?
Jun 10, 2019 9:47 PM
Jun 2019
What about hyakki's dick? Who got it
Jun 10, 2019 9:49 PM
Oct 2017
Idk, but Hyakkimaru's Mom is so hot.
Jun 10, 2019 10:00 PM

Jun 2016
Kill him Hyakkimaru get your body back.
Jun 10, 2019 10:17 PM

Aug 2008
gee knew mutsu was a woman :)) wasn't that hard to figure it out plus i looked ;:p to be sure hehe
The spider is watching
Jun 10, 2019 10:42 PM

Mar 2013
Can't wait for the next episode,
Jun 10, 2019 11:07 PM

Nov 2017
windeen-windy said:
hassasin-1001 said:

They referred to Mutsu and Hyogo as "brothers" previously. I thought she was female when I first saw her, until they referred to her that way.
Now all of a sudden, after calling them brothers and waiting 20+ episodes, they are calling Mutsu: sis, ane-ue, sister, she, her and so on.
It seemed like they were suddenly trying to hard to assure us she was a she. If they did want us thinking she was male, they shouldn't have had them called brothers.

Just an information.. But Hyogo said "Kyodai" which can be more translated as siblings. It was the translation's fault that they translated it as brothers.
Jun 10, 2019 11:33 PM

Jul 2012
I hope we'll get to see Hyakki killing those three bastards and getting his body back.
When I saw them using his body parts I was livid, that's just messed up.

Also I didn't know believing Mutsu was a guy was a thing? I never ever doubted she was a woman. It may be a translation thing though, since I watch it spanish-dubbed.
Jun 11, 2019 3:44 AM

Jun 2013
Both Tahomaru and Hyakkimaru have female partners who had to pretend to be male to survive in their world. In Mutsu's case, in order to fight next to Tahomaru.

I'm pretty sure all of my favorites are going to die and this series is going to break my fucking heart. Perhaps only the blind priest will survive to tell the tale.

That twist at the end though.

Demon: Here u get right arm. U get left arm. U get two eyebol.

Taho: Tnx.

Hyakki: Dat mine.

P.S. Time to buy the new Hyakkimaru Nendoroid coming out.
臭い-
Jun 11, 2019 4:35 AM

May 2016
That was sure a great episode loved the direction where this is going.
Jun 11, 2019 4:47 AM

Jul 2014
Looks like we're heading towards a darker ending now, as Mustu, Hyogo and Tahomaru take on demonic powers in an attempt to defeat Hyakkimaru - who himself is descending further towards becoming a demon - once and for all.
Jun 11, 2019 4:52 AM

Aug 2013
So Tahomaru and his group ended up making a deal with the devil. So Hyakkimaru has to kill them to get his other body parts back.

Jun 11, 2019 5:22 AM

Oct 2012
Of the best episodes. Quite touching to the point I remember hyakkimaru's mom says he heard the cry of the baby when he was born and generally the scenes that remembered him.

It is also very sad that hyakkimaru is blinded more and more by the rage and loses his humanity and as if he did not get this the tahoumaru now has his eyes and for getting them must kill him, i do not have sympathy for tahoumaru but if he kills him he will hurt his mom. But I want to get his eyes back and generally they stole him. Dororo once again was so cute, and I liked Mommy hyakkimaru very much because he always seemed to care and love him, and this episode became even more obvious.

Ah now I think hyakkimaru will die dare not do so: '(

Jun 11, 2019 8:53 AM

Sep 2007
Zilch_216 said:

Just an information.. But Hyogo said "Kyodai" which can be more translated as siblings. It was the translation's fault that they translated it as brothers.

Ok with you but the main problem here is Mutsu is never refered as a woman. Now the guy suddenly call her Ane-ue. Took him long enough. Well i thought he was a she from the start but i don't understand the pointless ambiguity with her gender.
Jun 11, 2019 10:17 AM

Aug 2018
windeen-windy said:
hassasin-1001 said:

I think the "Brothers" part was a translation error, i think it should have translated as "siblings".
I think Mutsu, Just like Dororo, was a girl raised as a boy? I think otherwise it would be out of the ordinary for a woman to be fighting in war during the period this anime is set in (Sengoku period?)
Jun 11, 2019 11:29 AM
Nov 2018
I hope a happy ending to hyakkimaru like edmond Dantes, after he takes revenge gave his family and reclaim his body, Hyakkimaru going away to another place to resume his life with Dororo.
Jun 11, 2019 11:44 AM

Mar 2017
justlynn6785 said:
kater_tot said:
I never blamed Tahomaru for how he wanted to save his people but taking Hyakkimaru's body? That's going a step too far and that makes him just as much a monster as his father.

My heart is just breaking more with every episode... i don't want Hyakki to lose his humanity whilst trying to obtain his body. I'm really hoping that his mother and Dororo combined can save him.

I liked the heavy theme of fate in this episode, the way you can visibly see the piece coming together for a big finale. I'm so fucking sad that there's only 2 more eps though

All of this. Agree 100%.

Thank you very much! hehe
Jun 11, 2019 1:34 PM

Jun 2015
Kept myself busy with E3 but here we are advancing the story.
Hey Tahomaru you dick, stealing is wrong.
Switch_ZJun 11, 2019 1:39 PM
Jun 11, 2019 1:36 PM

Apr 2019
This episode made me very excited for the climax.
Jun 11, 2019 1:52 PM

Sep 2017
Was Jukai able to figure out that Dororo is connected to Hyakkimaru? I wonder if he will make any moves. It was nice to see Nuinokata feel remorse for her actions (although I don't remember her forsaking Hyakkimaru, I must have missed that). Dororo hugging Nuinokata was really cute. That Ponyta is insanely powerful. Maybe calling it Rapidash is more suitable? Hyakkimaru is probably too far gone by now, unfortunately. If I recall, the more humans you kill the more demonic you become, and he just slaughtered dozens if not hundreds of soldiers out of rage. Not sure he can come back from that. I didn't see Tahomaru, Hyogo, and Mutsu getting Hyakkimaru's final body parts. That's an extremely interesting development. I think it's a really good idea, and I'm excited to see what the last two episodes hold. I hope this is able to wrap up nicely.
Jun 11, 2019 5:44 PM

Feb 2015
Good lord, this is just getting more and more hamfisted. It's trying way too hard to make everyone look morally grey, and failing. Hyakkimaru has just got a bad and obviously fake coat of "going evil" paint on him, and Tahomaru has a got a bad coat of obviously immoral and self righteous narcissism paint. It's just all so tacky. Especially how he's acting morally outraged and as if he's been wronged. At least Hyakkimaru had the groundwork and reasoning behind going bad. It's still done shitty, but at least it's there.

These last too episodes can't come fast enough. I don't know what to blame or how much of this material is anime original considering the source material was only a few chapters long, but the first 12 episodes were great, and these last 10 were awful.
Jun 11, 2019 5:52 PM

Sep 2008
this anime should've been 12 episodes and would've been one of the best this year.
absolutely nothing happens for episodes, then suddenly it's plot out of the ass. no inbetween. the director never heard of pacing.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jun 11, 2019 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
Wow what an episode. They are cooperating with the demons. Intense as fuck.
Jun 11, 2019 10:01 PM

Jul 2016
Interesting twist, now in order to regain his remaining body parts (eyes and arms), Hyakkimaru will have to kill his brother, as well as Mutsu and Hyogo. This sure won't end well.

Pretty thrilling episode overall. It's sad to see that both brothers have lost themselves in hatred. However, it seems Hyakki has a slight possibility to regain his humanity but it all will depend whether Dororo and his mother can help him or not.

The insight into Nui's character was really welcome, by the way. It helped deepen her whole situation a bit more and not to mention that it made me feel bad for her since she wanted but couldn't do anything for her child. I hope she can now help him somehow tho.

P.S.: Seriously, was there people who thought Mutsu was a man?... I can't exactly remember when but I think it was already established when she and Hyogo were first introduced.
Jun 11, 2019 11:31 PM

Oct 2017
Well i dont think there will be any happy ending sigh. Even if Hyakkimaru take back his body ,is the only thing waiting for him is death and a sad end. I wonder if theres still any hope for a happy ending for him.
Jun 12, 2019 4:29 AM

Jan 2014
lihle808 said:
I think Hyakkimaru's mother will die, probably die saving him. Usually when a character progresses like this, it means death flags all over the place.

True but even tho there is quite a big flag on mother I still think that for more "drama" they will choose Dororo as a "flag bearer" hence the name. It could go something like Hyaki will be on a rampage and "accidentally" kill Dororo and then he will realize what he has done (that would be dark ending) the same goes with his mother but I personally see this option as a more brighter ending.
Jun 12, 2019 5:01 AM
Apr 2016
hassasin-1001 said:

Some people me included called her out on being a woman since we saw her the first time. There tropes are just too obvious.
lihle808 said:

Hyakkimaru and his whole family except for Tahoomaru are supposed to perish attempting to clear names with one last reedming act. Tahoomaru then would inherit a land clear of corruption and devil deals.
Notice the overall narrative - the samurais are just a bunch of villains living in hard times. No romantism what-so-ever, just like it really was.

If anyone is wondering what is this devilish horse - it is a vengeful spirit bringing judgement upon the land of sinners. Someone, something got very tired of the petty mortals.
Daniel_NaumovJun 12, 2019 5:06 AM
Re:formed
Jun 12, 2019 5:27 AM

Apr 2018
How did they recieve Hyakimaru's missing parts? Well, this fight could be the last.
Jun 12, 2019 6:50 AM

Aug 2015
God help me, they 3v1 him while he was half a man about two times before this and still lost every time, and now they have the audicity to use his body parts for another round.
...At least let me finish.

Jun 12, 2019 8:42 AM
Jun 2017
Hyakkimaru + nui > Daigo's army 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And now the real battle between Hyakkimaru and Daigo will be happening. Lets see what will happen on this one.
Jun 12, 2019 9:41 AM

Jul 2016
It'll be a very sad ending probably. I don't know if I'm ready for that :c
Jun 12, 2019 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
Oh booi, my boy and his Rapidash are so angry. I really like how Hyakkimaru's character developed, but at the same time I understand Dororo. He's pretty scary and not the person she met back then.
At the moment, I reall feel for his brother and his two friends too.
Jun 12, 2019 12:01 PM

Feb 2017
finally, this shit become intense and lit

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jun 12, 2019 1:45 PM

Apr 2015
Al hail the Rapidash! That moment it used Flamethrower, so accurate XD
Jun 12, 2019 2:12 PM

Jun 2013
Rapidash used Flamethrower. It was super effective!
Jun 12, 2019 2:49 PM
Jul 2017
The final showdown, Hyaki vs his eyes and arms. Thats kinda fucked up.

Everyone is going to come together next episode.
I wonder if god is going to be able to forgive haykis actios god dammit.
Jun 12, 2019 8:54 PM

Sep 2007
DANG....That was AWESOME....Hyaki teaming up with "Rapidash" (LMAO) and then the implication that he'd have to kill Tahomaru and co. if he wants to get his arms and eyes back was like WHOA... I'm pretty sure that's Tahomaru and co's death flag right there......there's no way Hyaki can get his body parts back without killing em... especially them 3 eyed Tahomaru (dang can't believe he seems totally used to that that fast...)
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 12, 2019 9:01 PM

Dec 2014
with only two episodes and the brothers fighting next epsodes.... I think something dramatic will happen like the mother will be killed to stop the brothers from killing each other
Jun 12, 2019 9:17 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was soo goood!! Got goosebumps. Enjoyed seeing Hyakkimaru and the demon horse together, though also worried about him becoming a demon. I wonder how both of Hyakkimaru's moms will affect the story. Also, I'm pissed off for Hyakkimaru too, how dare they use his arms and eyes ugh...I dislike them.
Jun 13, 2019 12:20 AM

Sep 2016
The horse turning into a ghoul came out of nowhere, how did that happen?
Jun 13, 2019 12:49 AM

Sep 2013
I had put this anime on hold around episode 13, and have heard from others that majority of the episodes following that point tend to be lackluster. Personally, I've begun to lose interest in this series but acknowledge its potential. Apparently these last 2 episodes have been great however, and was wondering if anyone would recommend I catch up and if it's worth catching up on?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2019

180 by iQiyi »»
May 18, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2019

266 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
May 5, 7:36 AM

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.