Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 1, 2019 1:48 PM

Oct 2012
I think there are four episodes to get his hands and his eyes back and generally the final showdown with his brother (probably), however, based on how many episodes have I begun to think he really will not have a happy ending.For some reason I feel Dororo will die. (sorry for my bad english).

Jun 1, 2019 3:01 PM

Aug 2018
Elena-chan21 said:
I think there are four episodes to get his hands and his eyes back and generally the final showdown with his brother (probably), however, based on how many episodes have I begun to think he really will not have a happy ending.For some reason I feel Dororo will die. (sorry for my bad english).

Thats what i think will happen but the only thing that says otherwise is the 2nd ED which implies dororo as a teenager, so apart from that, I do think Dororo might die in the end.
Jun 1, 2019 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
@Dark-Knight003 Indeed, I believe that hyakkimaru will not die because it has had an extremely difficult life from the beginning, so I do not think it will die in the end. If Dororo dies he will be to "save" hyakkimaru from losing control and his humanity, somehow I imagine it. Although I hope no one dies :(

Jun 2, 2019 1:41 AM

Nov 2017
Got to admit that it was kind of a bullshit episode.

Jun 2, 2019 4:35 AM

Aug 2018
Elena-chan21 said:
@Dark-Knight003 Indeed, I believe that hyakkimaru will not die because it has had an extremely difficult life from the beginning, so I do not think it will die in the end. If Dororo dies he will be to "save" hyakkimaru from losing control and his humanity, somehow I imagine it. Although I hope no one dies :(

You're right, I hope this anime has a good ending
Jun 2, 2019 7:56 AM
Dec 2018
laviha said:
Johnny-Jay said:

What the hell? Dororo is like 9yo...

People went from shipping Hyakkimaru with Mio to totally forgetting about her to shipping him with a 9year old that calls him "aniki".

I wish he ended up with the girl from the previous episode but she got married to another guy later :|

I honestly never ship Hyakki with Mio romantically tho, 2 episode is too fast also I can't feel their chemistry,, and for Dororo, since I saw that final scene from the game I have a wish Hyakkimaru and Dororo will being together IN THE FUTURE, it's weird if you imagine a 16 y.o baby boy saying "I love you" to a 9 y.o nanny 😅
Jun 2, 2019 8:29 AM

Oct 2012
@MOMOpatisierre I was like Hyakkimaru and Mio as a couple, and I think if Mio did not have this ending there would be a beautiful relationship between them probably romantic. With Dororo I can not imagine him because of his age and generally their relationship looks like the big brother who protects his sister, find it very sweet. But if Dororo grows it could.
ElenajaneJun 2, 2019 8:53 AM

Jun 2, 2019 3:06 PM

Dec 2014
yep it was bound to happen that he has to go back.... damn hyakkimaru....
Jun 3, 2019 8:03 AM

May 2016
Despite being the sworn enemy of the story's main hero, it shows that Tahomaru genuinely cares about the wellbeing of his fellowmen so I'm a bit conflicted between who to really root for but since Hyakkimaru was wronged from the very start, I guess that he deserves to see his mission to the end.

That part where he desperately tried to save Dororo to no avail was breathtakingly stressful for me. Hyakkimaru really tried to help her out even though the situation was getting more and more helpless by the second... Thank goodness that the monk decided to show up!

That guy is yet another nutjob who decided to keep a Demon as a pet but his reason of doing so was even more drastic than Sharkboy's. Having his mother eaten by a wild Nue's already bad enough but chopping off her hand when she clung to him for help was a big no-no. Wanting other people to feel the pain he did was even more unreasonable so it's a good thing that Hyakki put both of them down. Something's preventing the statues from completely shattering though...

Jun 3, 2019 8:52 AM
Feb 2019
The second half of Dororo has been weaker than the first one, but this episode was great and i'm really excited to see how this is going to end
Jun 4, 2019 4:11 AM

Aug 2017
What's the origin of Biwamaru? It feels a little too convenient that scene. Is he a demon or some God?

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 4, 2019 6:31 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, intense episode!

First of all i cant believe that coward bastard left her mother behind without fighting it, and he acting like a samurai, what a reatrded disgusting guy!

Seems Hyakkimaru now have better reasons to get her body, he felt if he had a body he could have saved Dororo faster, i am glad monk appeared!

Seems somethign starnge is happening, related to goddes statue broken head, seems hyakkimaru will got for Daigo's to get his body!
Jun 5, 2019 4:29 PM

Dec 2016
Seems like we're entering the final arc of the show, Hyakkimaru is just fucking up everybody and everything in his way
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 6, 2019 3:03 PM

Aug 2015
Those visuals at the end were amazing together with that soundtrack
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jun 7, 2019 12:15 PM

Dec 2016
I'm glad Dororo didn't loose her arm TT_TT I have a bad feeling to what will Hyakkimaru do once he goes back to where his family is. Let's see what might happen...

Great episode as always!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 10, 2019 1:02 PM
Apr 2018
I wanted Dororo to become Hyakkimaru 2.0. Pretty gory episode.
Jun 10, 2019 9:50 PM

Mar 2013
I wonder what happened to the other parts of his body
Jun 13, 2019 12:38 AM

Mar 2012
i don't know why everyone thinks that the image in the end of the ED is older dororo. that is probably just her with her hair down?
Jul 5, 2019 7:45 AM

Mar 2012
There he is, the old man coming out of nowhere again hahaha.
Aug 4, 2019 8:49 PM

Dec 2015
The monk is such a marvelous little patch you can apply to any situation...

3/5

Stark700 said:
a yôkai with the body of a lion and snake. (kinda reminds me of the Chimera from Dragons Dogma

Why not simply of the Chimera?
Aug 8, 2019 2:13 PM

Mar 2019
I find Hyakkimaru's wish normal.It's not his fault he was born with that body.If he wants to regain his normal body,I cheer for him.I'm so sad I didn't watch the last episodes of dororo when it ended,but this is the day I finish it!GO Hyakkimaru and Dororoo
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 22, 2019 6:31 AM

Dec 2018
So the samurai helped the monster who killed his mother whom he cares........ ok. His reason is ridiculuous.

Even Hyakkimaru act more and more brutal, he still cares for Dororo.

This episode brings back the dark vibe the show used to have.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 6, 2019 8:31 PM

Jul 2016
wow, that is a NEW LEVEL of messed up omfggggg he cut off his own mother's hand when she tried to reach for him omfg nOOOOO NO BRUUUUH NOOOOO, NO NO, TO THE NO NO NO
that was. *slaps my own forehead* that was just nah, man, not in my house
Sep 20, 2019 10:49 AM

Mar 2015
Cool Nue in this one, looks like the last four episodes are dedicated to him versus Daigo at last!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 30, 2019 8:50 PM

Jul 2013
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" - Barack Obama. But seriously I don't think Hyakkimaru is sinking low when it comes to morality or whatnot. That demon is well, a demon so what if he stabs it a hundred times? It's killed a lot of people besides he is frustrated and rightfully so.
Jan 8, 2020 5:44 PM

Jan 2015
Very good episode!
I felt sad when Hyakkimaru was trying to save Dororo. I actually hope for him to gain all his body parts, but I have a bad feeling about the ending.
Mar 1, 2020 9:29 AM

Feb 2019
shit this is intense, why he doesnt get his body part back tho?
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 28, 2020 12:07 AM
Jul 2013
Este capitulo fue muy agridulce, sentí mucha rabia e impotencia por la cobardía que presento este falso samurai, donde dejó abandonada a su familiar, sin sentir compasión por ella, cortándola y huyendo.
Aug 29, 2020 12:54 PM

Jul 2015
Saburota is one pathethic coward, not only abandoning his own mother and the people who wanted to take revenge with him but also siding with the Manticore. Emotional scene there of Hyakkimaru realising why he needs his bodyparts and keep on slicing to get it back...Daigo better prepare his grave soon because death is coming for him....

Oct 2, 2020 1:33 AM
Oct 2019
Man, no body part returned.

Lol at accidentally chopping off his own mom's arm by mistake as he ran away.

What was going on to that demon statue in the temple/hall of hell?
Mar 15, 2021 12:09 AM

Feb 2017
Why does something always have to happen to someone's mother? why always mom :(
Seriously this mangaka...
Mar 27, 2021 10:55 AM

Mar 2010
kinda felt like filler lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 25, 2021 5:34 PM

Jul 2015
This samurai plot was so unbelievably stupid, i'm disappointed this anime played it straight.

(none of this is in the manga btw)

May 24, 2022 10:09 AM

Jun 2019
That was a dark and sad episode. Hyakkimaru is getting more and more desperate for his body. I can see why's that. Seeing Dororo like that can be a scary experience.
Aug 8, 2022 1:35 AM

Nov 2012
The Nue was cool. Defo feel like we're ramping up to a big finale now. Glad the monk is still alive
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jan 3, 2023 10:42 AM
May 2021
I like it! It's a pity, that such episodes are rare in this series...
Mar 23, 2023 6:14 PM

Oct 2022
Tahomaru and companions find a starving village, but it's in their domain, so the prosperity of Daigo's lands is ending in a very abrupt way, spreading inward like a disease. Yeah, deals with evil always work out don't they. Still feel like Tahomaru is a good person but the fate he's headed towards isn't good.
Hyakkimaru & Dororo are in the mountains in the fall and encounter another strange man who has sold out to a demon. This demon is a really stupid design, like the shark thing, but the bloody mess of all the slaughter really is too much.

At least the animation and art looked top notch this episode. All the brilliant reds and yellow, and Dororo & Hyakkimaru on model, with Dororo looking especially cute for some reason. The thing with her arm getting stuck was a scare, but that old guy whose name I can't remember comes to the rescue- I wish there were more of him in these episodes.
Shit's getting really freaky in the Hall of Hell. Don't know why Tahomaru isn't burning that place to the ground.
Dec 1, 2023 12:04 AM

Nov 2023
Oh wow, four episodes left.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.