Forum Settings
Forums

Are there any fandom that is actually nice?

New
May 14, 2019 2:03 AM
Jul 2018
I always see people calling that and this fandom toxic and more. So I was just curious if there are any anime fandom that is actually nice. I only heard that D. Gray Man fans are nice, none other than that.

Personally I think the whole anime community is toxic tho
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 14, 2019 2:05 AM

Jan 2009
the less popular an anime is then there are usually less vocal haters
May 14, 2019 2:08 AM

Feb 2019
imo Hitoribocchi, violet Evergarden & Tensei slime

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

May 14, 2019 2:11 AM

Jan 2009
thinking more of this now i think those slice of life anime or even iyashikei(? or healing anime) usually have no controversy in them so less haters
May 14, 2019 2:12 AM

Jan 2018
deg said:
thinking more of this now i think those slice of life anime or even iyashikei(? or healing anime) usually have no controversy in them so less haters

Yeah, this. Every other Aria and YKK fan I've ever encountered has been pretty chill. ^_^

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

May 14, 2019 2:13 AM

Jan 2009
Greyleaf said:
deg said:

Yeah, this. Every other Aria and YKK fan I've ever encountered has been pretty chill. ^_^

that includes the Mushishi fans lol /joke
May 14, 2019 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
operasinger said:
I always see people calling that and this fandom toxic and more. So I was just curious if there are any anime fandom that is actually nice. I only heard that D. Gray Man fans are nice, none other than that.

Kaze ga tsuyoku fuiteiru fandom is very nice
May 14, 2019 2:24 AM

Jun 2015
Classic shoujo manga fans and Patlabor ones are the chillest I've taken part of.
May 14, 2019 2:25 AM

Jan 2018
deg said:
Greyleaf said:

Hahaha, took me a sec to get that... xD

I personally think something like Mushishi can lead to more arguments, though. Not necessarily in the case of our prior discussion on it, but rather that some people can go a bit overboard on the whole "deeper meaning" thing to the point of condescension, which is not okay. That said, most fans of that series don't act that way, but I've encountered a few rather.. vocal.. individuals who take it upon themselves to challenge the "intelligence" of people who didn't like it. I'll stand up for the artistic merit of the series, but at the end of the day, people are going to like what they like, and dislike what they don't. To belittle someone for not wanting a philosophy lesson when they watch anime is just ridiculous.
GreyleafMay 14, 2019 2:28 AM

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges

May 14, 2019 2:28 AM

Jan 2009
Greyleaf said:
deg said:

I personally think something like Mushishi can lead to more arguments, though. Not necessarily in the case of our prior discussion on it, but rather that some people can go a bit overboard on the whole "deeper meaning" thing to the point of condescension, which is not okay. That said, most fans of that series don't act that way, but I've encountered a few rather.. vocal.. individuals who take it upon themselves to challenge the "intelligence" of people who didn't like it.

i agree with that especially that Mushishi has a genre tag of Mystery

and heck even mindless fun anime like FLCL causes a lot of those too deep meaning/philosophical debates lol
May 14, 2019 2:31 AM
Oct 2017
Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu.-___-
May 14, 2019 2:35 AM

Jan 2018
deg said:
Greyleaf said:

I personally think something like Mushishi can lead to more arguments, though. Not necessarily in the case of our prior discussion on it, but rather that some people can go a bit overboard on the whole "deeper meaning" thing to the point of condescension, which is not okay. That said, most fans of that series don't act that way, but I've encountered a few rather.. vocal.. individuals who take it upon themselves to challenge the "intelligence" of people who didn't like it.

and heck even mindless fun anime like FLCL causes a lot of those too deep meaning/philosophical debates lol

Of course, but Gainax and Trigger are notorious for filling their works to the brim with symbolism. I personally hated FLCL and much prefer the mindless action of TTGL and KLK, but even those two shows are full of underlying meanings and worthy of analysis as well. The thing I love about Imaishi's works in general is that they have just as much face-value appeal as they do symbolism; you can approach them either way and still find enjoyment in them regardless. But to undermine the opinion of someone who solely liked the show for the action and start a debate about aspects they just don't care about it pretty silly. xD

"
― Jorge Luis Borges

May 14, 2019 2:38 AM

Jan 2009
Greyleaf said:
deg said:

Of course, but Gainax and Trigger are notorious for filling their works to the brim with symbolism. I personally hated FLCL and much prefer the mindless action of TTGL and KLK, but even those two shows are full of underlying meanings and worthy of analysis as well. The thing I love about Imaishi's works in general is that they have just as much face-value appeal as they do symbolism; you can approach them either way and still find enjoyment in them regardless. But to undermine the opinion of someone who solely liked the show for the action and start a debate about aspects they just don't care about it pretty silly. xD

yep i agree, i have seen such youtube videos with Gurren Lagann and i think it was made by BestGuyEver and even Digibro i think also touch about the deeper meanings behind Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann too

But to undermine the opinion of someone who solely liked the show for the action and start a debate about aspects they just don't care about it pretty silly. xD

and yep those are just elitism at its finest
degMay 14, 2019 2:45 AM
May 14, 2019 2:39 AM
Jul 2018
Gheryl_Mahardika said:
Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu.-___-

But there have been few arguments about the romantic pairings recently, regarding that manga.

On topic, obviously most of the Slice of Life fans, but those without any controversy(Usagi drop for example) or "best girl" arguments.
May 14, 2019 2:40 AM
Feb 2019
operasinger said:

Come to ours dude. Horimiya fandom. We also sell cookies.
May 14, 2019 2:52 AM

Jan 2017
3-gatsu no Lion and Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ fans are the best.
May 14, 2019 3:03 AM

Jan 2018
deg said:
But to undermine the opinion of someone who solely liked the show for the action and start a debate about aspects they just don't care about it pretty silly. xD

Exactly. This kind of behavior is where the term elitist originated from. I admit that most of my favorite shows (Aria, PPtA, Mononoke, Erin, etc.) fall in line with "textbook elitist" tastes, but frankly I don't understand the need to shame others for not liking those kinds of shows. We're all different people. I've always appreciated artsy titles (even before having gotten into anime), so it's only natural that I gravitate towards those kinds of shows, but I would be a fool to not realize that other people are allowed to have different preferences and that there's absolutely nothing wrong with that... >_>

"
― Jorge Luis Borges

May 14, 2019 3:13 AM

Jan 2009
Greyleaf said:
deg said:

Exactly. This kind of behavior is where the term elitist originated from. I admit that most of my favorite shows (Aria, PPtA, Mononoke, Erin, etc.) fall in line with "textbook elitist" tastes, but frankly I don't understand the need to shame others for not liking those kinds of shows. We're all different people. I've always appreciated artsy titles (even before having gotten into anime), so it's only natural that I gravitate towards those kinds of shows, but I would be a fool to not realize that other people are allowed to have different preferences and that there's absolutely nothing wrong with that... >_>

dude try watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes (the original 100+ episodes one) its usually considered elite by many and i find their fandom nice too (although i stand corrected if my claim here is wrong)
May 14, 2019 3:19 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I mean, I find the general harem&ecchi fandom to be quite great internally for the vast majority of them, but part of me feels like a lot would be ready to fight that idea :>

Egh, not a fan of this way of categorizing. The way a fandom is perceived is probably mostly aligned with how well somebody is fitting into it on a general level moreso than whether or not it's actually something people would necessarily agree is a kind fandom. If you align well with what a lot of the fandom wants to do, then you're going to have an easier time fitting in and having a good time with positive interactions. If you don't, then, well, the place will very often seem a lot less welcoming in spite of itself. So nah, I'll pass on actually trying to promote one as a kinder place than another. It's going to just generally be easier to see a place where you can fit in easier as nicer, and a place where you feel alienated as being colder, and that's going to generally operate on a scale falling somewhere between I believe would play a primary role in how an opinion of a fandom is developed.

And I'm sure somebody is ready to charge at me with some personal story about how they often disagree with people in (x) fandom but get along great anyway, but more the fundamental dissonance on what the interpretation and interaction with the series in question is being built on. Series that attract larger quantities of people who are into critical thinking and that sort of discussion will still generally be far more capable of housing non-toxic disagreements and debates than ones who don't end up pulling that audience. Or like, I know a few people who got put off by the amount of yuri shipping in the Hibiki Euphonium fandom pretty strongly, because it felt like it was just forced mischaracterization of characters they were liking for the basis of shipping, and that there was no indication of such in the series. If they were into that sort of thing and didn't feel alienated from it on the baseline, they'd probably have a lot better time with a fandom where such things are so prominent rather than leaving with a negative view of it. If you like sharing lewd pics and waifu stuff and being a degenerate, chances are fandoms like TLR will be a fucking blast compared to other fandoms you could interact with. If you're not into these things, though, not so much, it'll likely just end up feeling like a fish-out-of-water scenario and it'll feel a lot less welcoming than it normally could. So on and so forth, whatever gets carved by how the majority of the occupants end up favoring interacting with the series in question.

And of course, it's always going to be a case by case basis with the individuals or group of individuals you end up interacting with, some people will be tolerant enough of fundamental differing from a perceived consensus to where it isn't a problem, and others will be anal enough to try to pick a heated fight with you over minutiae, but I feel that goes without saying - it's just more reliant on the individual in question than what seems to be the general ebb and flow of things.
ManabanMay 14, 2019 3:36 AM

May 14, 2019 3:31 AM

Dec 2012
tbh I've been in many fandoms people considere some of the worst out there (bnha, undertale, smash bros) but I never had toxic interactions with anyone, and had tons of fun actually. Sure you get to see a lot of shit but there are all kinds of people in all fandoms and I think you cant put everyone in the same box ... there are nice people and toxic people everywhere so it's mostly about identifying with who you should stay or step away from...
May 14, 2019 3:35 AM

Oct 2015
_Hatsune said:
tbh I've been in many fandoms people considere some of the worst out there (bnha, undertale, smash bros) but I never had toxic interactions with anyone, and had tons of fun actually. Sure you get to see a lot of shit but there are all kinds of people in all fandoms and I think you cant put everyone in the same box ... there are nice people and toxic people everywhere so it's mostly about identifying with who you should stay or step away from...

100% agreed. It's like in life. You can't let a few rotten eggs spoil something for ya.
"Even if there isn't a God or meaning behind life. That doesn't mean you can't create your own meaning and make the best out of life."
May 14, 2019 3:58 AM

May 2009
operasinger said:

"The anime community" is actually more like a bunch of different smaller fandoms whose main link is that there are many people in common because they have a common interest in Japanese cartoons. The shows themselves are such a diverse lot that trying to see the fandom as one whole thing means painting with stupidly broad brushstrokes anyway.

Knowing this, you can simply pick out the smaller fandoms, i.e. ones for more obscure shows. They tend to be less toxic, since there's less reason for toxicity -- less people to disagree with, and if you're a fan of an unpopular show, generally you don't want to shoo away the handful of other people who like it. And besides there's less gratification to be found in flinging hot takes at thin air.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
May 14, 2019 4:09 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
most Anime has nice fandom. Just more popular ones have more cancer posts that are more noticeable out of "normal/nice" fans.
May 15, 2019 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, there is. I’m actually quite fond of the hakomaria fandom. Which isn’t very surprising, since anything that has to do with it is automatically amazing, no questions asked:>
May 15, 2019 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
Well, none and everything? It depends on the people you talk with or which posts you see.

operasinger said:

Actually, I think so. Never have seen some fandom wars or anything else.
Also, Noragami was a pretty chill fandom too. Same for Natsume, Pandora Hearts, Tegamibachi and some others. Some fandoms to well- to lesser known anime, which arent overly popular, but are still known by a great bunch of people, I guess. Or those without any popularity.
May 15, 2019 10:36 AM

Jul 2010
JoJo fandom - honestly if you are into it the fandom is heaven.

May 15, 2019 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
Griff-ith said:
JoJo fandom - honestly if you are into it the fandom is heaven.

Lol I bet it is seeing how they always can make reference
May 15, 2019 10:56 AM

Jul 2010
@operasinger it is fun if you get the reference. But I'm pretty sure you also have some anime memes you enjoy, no?
On the other hand I agree that the fandom can be annoying to anyone who hasn't seen the anime. I can relate to that before getting into JOJO.

May 15, 2019 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
The fan base isn't really toxic, its just full of mouth breathers that don't know how to play nice with others. Kids who's parents have always told them they were special, even though their attitudes and unlikable features will hold them back from any real success in the world. They will find like minded mates, reproduce, and have special kids. The problem will never end. The way around it is, only pay attention to the constructive criticisms, and watch out for bandwagon hate parties. Introverts love a good online mob to feel a part of something, and waterproof your shoulders so the spittle from their REEE rage just rolls away. The funnest things on the planet are part of nerd culture, and unfortunately it always attracts the nasal inhalation impaired. Maybe there are nice fandom outside of anime and games. Maybe fishing fandom doesn't have any haters. Or knitting. I can't imagine crochet enthusiasts talking mad shit to each other. "BETTY YOUR MOVES ARE WEAK, MIGHT AS WELL THROW THAT BLANKET IN THE TRASH AND JUMP ON YOUR HOOKS HARI KARI STYLE" Other than that haters gonna hate, but I hope you at least had a laugh today!
May 15, 2019 11:04 AM

Jan 2018
operasinger said:

All anime fandom definitely toxic, but the hentai fandom tho... trust me, we're all nice and peaceful here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 15, 2019 11:09 AM

Mar 2012
Come over here. There is no such thing as war and bashing here in Rokujouma fandom.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 15, 2019 11:12 AM

Nov 2016
Sports anime fans - the fujos of course ✌🏻

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 15, 2019 11:12 AM

Jul 2016
Yeah, SE Lain fans. Join us broda ^_^
May 15, 2019 11:20 AM

Apr 2015
Ecchi fans, never really seen any rude or edgy ecchi fans.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 15, 2019 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
Griff-ith said:
@operasinger it is fun if you get the reference. But I'm pretty sure you also have some anime memes you enjoy, no?
On the other hand I agree that the fandom can be annoying to anyone who hasn't seen the anime. I can relate to that before getting into JOJO.

Yes I was annoyed at this fandom couple of times
May 15, 2019 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
Optigisa said:

Heard the anime is very complicated to understand, but will watch it and join you guys soon 👍
May 15, 2019 11:35 AM

Jul 2016
operasinger said:
Optigisa said:

Heard the anime is very complicated to understand, but will watch it and join you guys soon 👍

I hope you enjoy it :D Yeah it is complicated and hard to understand, my advice for you, and what also helped me as well, is to watch analysis videos on every episode of it, or to just rewatch it. Of course not everything will be solved, but you will have a much better understanding of the Anime and it's plot.
May 15, 2019 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
Optigisa said:
operasinger said:

I hope you enjoy it :D Yeah it is complicated and hard to understand, my advice for you, and what also helped me as well, is to watch analysis videos on every episode of it, or to just rewatch it. Of course not everything will be solved, but you will have a much better understanding of the Anime and it's plot.

Thanks, I think I'll like it since I really like complicated anime
May 15, 2019 12:04 PM

Apr 2016
I second whoever mentioned 3-gatsu no lion ^^

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

May 15, 2019 12:20 PM

Jul 2016
operasinger said:
Optigisa said:

Thanks, I think I'll like it since I really like complicated anime

Then it is right up your alley, my friend.
May 15, 2019 1:05 PM

Aug 2017
No,stay away from them and remember to stay hydrated
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2019 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
all fandoms have extremists and all extremist make everything they do look bad.....

it cant be helped. There is just a lot of shitty people out there. They are always the minority, but they are always the loudest and end up representin the whole group
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
May 15, 2019 1:18 PM

Oct 2017
deg said:
Greyleaf said:

dude try watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes (the original 100+ episodes one) its usually considered elite by many and i find their fandom nice too (although i stand corrected if my claim here is wrong)

Even if its my favorite show that fanbase can vary I wouldn't say all my experiences are great with it. Though this is all anecdotal everyone is going to have a few bad eggs the bigger and more popular the show the higher likelihood.

As for one I personally had very little issue with the Gundam fanbase was incredibly helpful when I was trying to get into UC and answered any questions i had regarding it.
May 15, 2019 1:26 PM

Apr 2014
One fandom that I've never seen act in a negative way is the Great Teacher Onizuka fandom.
May 15, 2019 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
ComboSmooth said:
all fandoms have extremists and all extremist make everything they do look bad.....

it cant be helped. There is just a lot of shitty people out there. They are always the minority, but they are always the loudest and end up representin the whole group

I agree on that. There's always some people who taints a whole fandom. This is the reason I stopped talking shit about shows that I hate and etc cause I don't want it to affect my fandom
May 15, 2019 3:03 PM

Jan 2009
TolkienFan365 said:
deg said:

Even if its my favorite show that fanbase can vary I wouldn't say all my experiences are great with it. Though this is all anecdotal everyone is going to have a few bad eggs the bigger and more popular the show the higher likelihood.

As for one I personally had very little issue with the Gundam fanbase was incredibly helpful when I was trying to get into UC and answered any questions i had regarding it.

alright thanks for that info dude, guess ye the Legend of Galactic Heroes fanbase can be toxic too
May 15, 2019 5:51 PM

Nov 2008
Every fandom for everything has great people and great asshats.

It's just a law. Lol

May 15, 2019 6:01 PM

Apr 2018
Houseki no Kuni fandom is extremely chill (we're just suffering together lmaoooo)

May 15, 2019 6:08 PM

Jan 2016
My experience with the Yuru camp fandom is it's very chill and just like seeing people smile. Also, not anime, but Celeste's fandom is one of the most supportive I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen a Celeste fan be judgmental or anything.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
May 15, 2019 6:19 PM

Aug 2018
Dave_Adrian said:
operasinger said:

All anime fandom definitely toxic, but the hentai fandom tho... trust me, we're all nice and peaceful here.

Can confirm the hentai fandom is the least toxic of them all.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

71 by AverageRiceFan »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 3 hours ago

16 by MichaelJackson »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

84 by Hikinekomori »»
10 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

113 by lycan_ »»
13 minutes ago

» Does anyone ever feel like anime is inferior to western television. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

15poundfish - Feb 12, 2017

351 by Toooooooooohru »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.