Forum Settings
Forums

If you could remove one thing from every anime what would it be.

New
Apr 25, 2019 8:48 AM

Sep 2018
I would remove ugly bastards because they are ugly bastards.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 25, 2019 8:51 AM

Feb 2019
CGDCT. Just so I can watch the otaku suffer.
When you stand at the cliff's edge, staring into the darkness below, the most horrifying realization is not that you might slip, but that you could leap.
Apr 25, 2019 8:58 AM

Feb 2019
loli, Nosebleeds and Fan Services.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Apr 25, 2019 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
only one thing? but there is a lot of things i want to remove from anime

tsunbitches
beta cuck mcs
the whole harem genre with all it shitty tropes
Apr 25, 2019 9:10 AM

Nov 2017
tragedydesu said:

tsunbitches
beta cuck mcs

I see you are a man of culture as well as me. Lol :D
Apr 25, 2019 9:11 AM

Jul 2013
Probably just me but... I want to get of is Waifu Wars... What's the point in them. But that's just a fandom thing

I would get rid of the empty platitudes of the power of friendship trope

Apr 25, 2019 9:12 AM

Aug 2018
Luna_Estlin said:
loli, Nosebleeds and Fan Services.
I find that somewhat interesting considering your forum pic....
Apr 25, 2019 9:16 AM

Jul 2015
GalacticMagna said:
Probably just me but... I want to get of is Waifu Wars... What's the point in them. But that's just a fandom thing

I would get rid of the empty platitudes of the power of friendship trope

waifu wars are not a fandom thing , it's created on purpose by the authors to make their works more popular
Apr 25, 2019 9:18 AM

May 2015
The production committees' budget restraints on the anime they commission.
Apr 25, 2019 9:26 AM
Mar 2019
Endings that are basically "Fuck Off, go read the LN/Manga because we're done with this shit."

Apr 25, 2019 9:50 AM

Dec 2017
Tsundere bitches
cringy romances

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 25, 2019 9:56 AM

Mar 2019
only one... then
the freaking friendship/love power
Apr 25, 2019 10:04 AM

Mar 2015
The fandom surrounding each anime :^)
Apr 25, 2019 10:08 AM
May 2016
Shoujo, josei, shounen ai, reverse harem genre
Apr 25, 2019 10:08 AM

Dec 2015
Childish comedy woud be my pick.

Just to take up 30 letters.

Apr 25, 2019 10:16 AM

Mar 2019
lakelurk said:
Endings that are basically "Fuck Off, go read the LN/Manga because we're done with this shit."

What we all really want but no one comments about.
Wait a minute, how did this happen? We're smarter than this!
Apr 26, 2019 1:22 AM

Apr 2017
tragedydesu said:

tsunbitches
beta cuck mcs

this especially wanna touch on cuck mcs
also noble vs peasant scenarios, "how dare you stand up to me a noble" type of shit...
Apr 26, 2019 1:45 AM
Jul 2018
Fanservices.

I have to make it 30 characters
Apr 26, 2019 5:08 AM

Oct 2012
Animation

From now on anime is just still images with voice over
Apr 26, 2019 8:29 AM

Sep 2018
simonephone said:
Animation

From now on anime is just still images with voice over

So it's manga with voice over... nice
Apr 27, 2019 8:49 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Lets see:

Incest
Yaoi/Yuri and anything like it
Traps
lakelurk said:

Tarotist said:
The production committees' budget restraints on the anime they commission.

Whoever brought up beta cuck mc needs to learn the definition of a cuck. Also, beta is a stupid buzzword.
LeonhartAugustApr 27, 2019 11:23 AM
Apr 27, 2019 8:53 AM

Feb 2010
Visuals & Audio. Imagine the bliss of staring at a silent black screen for hours, not having to deal with all the annoying tropes and archetypes and clichés.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 27, 2019 9:12 AM

Oct 2014
Incest or sexualization of lolis would be my choice. I love lolis and I hate it when they're ruined by the creators sexualizing them. I know pedophiles are people too and that it makes sense to target some anime towards them, but it's honestly too common so having it all done away with would be a net positive.
Apr 27, 2019 1:40 PM

Feb 2018
Bad CGI. Those walking background characters and moving cars in the backgrounds are annoying sometimes.
Apr 27, 2019 1:48 PM
Oct 2018
ShinAn said:
only one... then

FFS thank you. I'm so sick of this stupid trope, it just recently ruined (sort of) the final arc of a very popular manga series, it was One piece level friendship BS too. (SDS)
Apr 27, 2019 1:57 PM

Apr 2017
Nothing since I love them as they are.
Apr 27, 2019 1:57 PM

Mar 2018
gaq_t said:
ShinAn said:
only one... then

FFS thank you. I'm so sick of this stupid trope, it just recently ruined (sort of) the final arc of a very popular manga series, it was One piece level friendship BS too. (SDS)

Plot armour aka sudden power up to win the fight.

It would be better if the anime made the mc do something smart to win
LOOKING FOR ARTISTS PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU'RE ONE
Review please!

Apr 27, 2019 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
I would just remove anime from the world because anime was a mistake.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Apr 27, 2019 2:08 PM

Oct 2015
I'm not presumptous enough to think that things I don't personally enjoy are unworthy of existing and do not wish to deprive others of things they like in anime simply because I deem it wrong. I also am aware that I have no right to police fiction and that I'm not the arbiter in what is appropraite to depict in fiction and what isn't.
Apr 27, 2019 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
I would remove all scenes where a girl beats the guy for no justified reason, and it's played as jokes.
Apr 27, 2019 2:18 PM

Jan 2017
Every reference to the sky, or anything to do with the sky. But, and this is the kicker, I wouldn't tell anyone. From then on, no anime would ever show anything above like head level and no-one would ever know why. All the camera angles would be awkwardly pointing downwards, there would be no aeroplanes or anyone talking about them, and no-one would ever look up. And no-one would know why.

Animators and artists would just do these things, and not think about why they weren't putting the sky in any shots any more. Editors would frantically censor puddles that showed reflections, but wouldnt be able to say what was wrong if asked.

It wouldn't be noticed immediately. You could do quite a bit with endless scenes of people inside, or with top-down views like in a videogame. But sooner or later someone would notice - past May of 2019, there was no sky in anime. People would slowly begin to ask questions. They'd write letters to studios and producers, politely pointing out the odd choice - because it has to be a choice, right? - and asking why. They'd receive no answer.

But it's not just that. Old anime would be rereleased as 'remastered' versions, edited out so that there was no sky - it would be awkwardly cropped out, or covered by unlikely-looking skylines and buildings and ceilings and canvas sheets for no reason. But nevertheless the anime comes out. Some suffer worse than others - the Miyazaki folio is almost entirely unwatchable.

Eventually someone in the industry notices. Eventually, people involved in making anime slowly begin to realise something's not right - but it's hard to break what's now become a tradition, and every attempt to put the sky back in anime is rejected by editors - editors who, people start pointing out, never seem to go outside, or who only ever look at the floor and never raise their gaze.

But, as the old guard retire and new blood is brought in, it happens - for the first time in ten years, there's a show that has the sky in it. It's trash - a web novel adaptation about a kid who's hit by a truck and sent to a fantasy world along with his parole officer who is transformed into a cute wolverine mascot - but about once an episode there's a shot that shows things above the characters' heads. The clouds look like crap, because no-one's been drawing them for years, but they're there.

Soon, more and more shows show more and more sky, and people just put the odd decade where anime didn't show the sky behind them. No-one knows how it started, or why it ended. Only a handful of people even remember the thread that started it all.

But we know. We'll always know.
Apr 27, 2019 2:24 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Every fan in existence except for myself

Would monopolize the entire industry, I would be the only audience

Apr 27, 2019 2:35 PM

Mar 2019
HopefulNihilist said:
I would remove all scenes where a girl beats the guy for no justified reason, and it's played as jokes.

Thank you! Was just about to say this. I would go broader and say I'd remove all scenes where a girl hits a guy for no justified reason that's played off as a joke, not treated as a big deal, and has no plot relevance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2019 2:38 PM

Nov 2013
The existence of anime itself, then my life would be better I thought..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Apr 27, 2019 3:37 PM

Sep 2014
I wanted to say the ecchi kind of fanservice, but lately I have grown to like that. Only in pure ecchi shows though. The problem with fanservice is its often just really badly done.

"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 27, 2019 6:38 PM

Nov 2018
I want anime without stupid animation frames for overreacting when the characters convey emotions. It is hard to describe it with words, so I would give examples.

Higurashi (when they cry) - a masterpiece horror thriller, that keeps you on your toes, except the first episode, where characters either do "cute things" or tease each other. While that would be a normal high-school life, the animation that depicts the teasing is so childish.

Your lie in April - a drama with so deep stories poking the world of musicians, but the comedy scenes are so childishly drawn.

There are a lot of other anime that does this kind of fooling around. Now if this is a comedy and there is intention behind it, I am not against it. The problem is when it is out-of-place. But that could be said for everything. Fanservice is actually good for ecchi, harem and even certain types of love stories, it is only bad if you start watching serious anime, and suddenly it is there.
Apr 27, 2019 11:18 PM

Sep 2018
Maurice_5 said:
Every reference to the sky, or anything to do with the sky. But, and this is the kicker, I wouldn't tell anyone. From then on, no anime would ever show anything above like head level and no-one would ever know why. All the camera angles would be awkwardly pointing downwards, there would be no aeroplanes or anyone talking about them, and no-one would ever look up. And no-one would know why.

Animators and artists would just do these things, and not think about why they weren't putting the sky in any shots any more. Editors would frantically censor puddles that showed reflections, but wouldnt be able to say what was wrong if asked.

It wouldn't be noticed immediately. You could do quite a bit with endless scenes of people inside, or with top-down views like in a videogame. But sooner or later someone would notice - past May of 2019, there was no sky in anime. People would slowly begin to ask questions. They'd write letters to studios and producers, politely pointing out the odd choice - because it has to be a choice, right? - and asking why. They'd receive no answer.

But it's not just that. Old anime would be rereleased as 'remastered' versions, edited out so that there was no sky - it would be awkwardly cropped out, or covered by unlikely-looking skylines and buildings and ceilings and canvas sheets for no reason. But nevertheless the anime comes out. Some suffer worse than others - the Miyazaki folio is almost entirely unwatchable.

Eventually someone in the industry notices. Eventually, people involved in making anime slowly begin to realise something's not right - but it's hard to break what's now become a tradition, and every attempt to put the sky back in anime is rejected by editors - editors who, people start pointing out, never seem to go outside, or who only ever look at the floor and never raise their gaze.

But, as the old guard retire and new blood is brought in, it happens - for the first time in ten years, there's a show that has the sky in it. It's trash - a web novel adaptation about a kid who's hit by a truck and sent to a fantasy world along with his parole officer who is transformed into a cute wolverine mascot - but about once an episode there's a shot that shows things above the characters' heads. The clouds look like crap, because no-one's been drawing them for years, but they're there.

Soon, more and more shows show more and more sky, and people just put the odd decade where anime didn't show the sky behind them. No-one knows how it started, or why it ended. Only a handful of people even remember the thread that started it all.

But we know. We'll always know.

You, my friend, are a sadistic genius.
Wait why the fuck would you come up with this and take the time to write it all... you masochist
Apr 27, 2019 11:40 PM

Oct 2014
The stupid cliche/troupe of a guy walking in on a girl while she's undressing or accidentally seeing their panties etc. and the female acting like he tried to rape her or something. It's not cute. It's dumb.
Apr 27, 2019 11:44 PM

Nov 2015
I would like all anime to have shorter than one and a half minute openings!
Apr 27, 2019 11:47 PM

Aug 2017
I've seen way too many clumsy falls that lead to an ecchi situation to find it funny or hot anymore. Those are just unrealistic, predictable, repetitive and exasperating
Apr 28, 2019 10:47 AM

Aug 2018
I would most certainly remove the 12+ minutes flashbacks shown every big fight or basically every two episodes that anime tend to do, specifically the ones that tend to show the same thing over and over again.
"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?" —Saber, Fate/Zero
Apr 28, 2019 11:10 AM
Apr 2018
İ would remove many battle shounen tropes like feelings make you stronger, powerups in meaningless ways, plot shield etc.
Apr 28, 2019 11:26 AM

Jun 2016
Orhunaa said:
I'm not presumptous enough to think that things I don't personally enjoy are unworthy of existing and do not wish to deprive others of things they like in anime simply because I deem it wrong. I also am aware that I have no right to police fiction and that I'm not the arbiter in what is appropraite to depict in fiction and what isn't.
This guy is right

fuck characters limit
Apr 28, 2019 11:29 AM
Dec 2018
Freaking Traps, Incest related things and the whole Noble/Peasant scenarios where they are like "How dare you peasant stand up to a noble?" and shit like that.
Apr 28, 2019 12:30 PM

Sep 2017
Unnecessary fan service and random sex-like noises (for example a LOT of heavy breathing or moaning) for no reason,its VERY annoying and it border line pisses me off since i play most anime on tv/loudly on mobile

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Apr 28, 2019 12:39 PM
Apr 2018
Rapey vibes and sexual assault just to make shows more controversial. We already get plenty of onsen, bath, and lucky fall scenes to cover our favorite characters being nude.
Apr 28, 2019 12:43 PM
Mar 2016
Incest from every single anime out there
Hotheads like Bakugo
Rape
Traps (besides Totsuka)
Bad humor
Apr 28, 2019 2:03 PM

Aug 2016
CGI that isn´t "Pixar" level. Basically all of it.
:v
Apr 28, 2019 2:12 PM

May 2014
I think i said this before, but characters always making noises when they're eating. It just gets on my nerves for some reason. Again, this video is perfect.
Apr 28, 2019 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
Dense protagonists.

I passionately hate them.

shadowblaster5 said:
Incest from every single anime out there

Incest is wincest.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 seconds ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
11 seconds ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

46 by CaptLolicon »»
46 seconds ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

52 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
4 minutes ago

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - 36 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

49 by Zimmu »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.