Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 15, 2019 9:09 AM
May 2017
so far it's been:
PB: anime > manga
BT: anime = manga
SDC: manga > anime
DiU: manga > anime
GW: anime > manga
Apr 15, 2019 5:03 PM

Jul 2016
So the boss hid himself inside his unborn child?

Is that right?

Was he trying to do the same with Trish again?
Apr 15, 2019 6:02 PM

May 2015
Vindicater said:

Is that right?

no no and no, the Boss and Doppio is two personality in one body, we'll get this more later on but for now, just think that Doppio/Boss have Dissociative Identity Disorder like the movie split or YYH Senshui
LeturLefrApr 15, 2019 6:07 PM

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Apr 15, 2019 7:19 PM

Oct 2012
We're not worthy.

Apr 16, 2019 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
im hyped, As an anime only i'm not able to wait for the next ep, damn i should have just binged watched the show when it ends
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Apr 16, 2019 1:06 PM

Dec 2014
the heck...the boss is that type of sick character.... damn
Apr 18, 2019 1:53 PM

Jan 2014
And just like that, this season continues to be God tier.
Apr 19, 2019 12:21 PM

Sep 2011
Vindicater said:

Is that right?

No they are the same person just multiple personality disorder, Doppio is as much the main antagonist of this part as the boss. It is up in the air which one is the dominant personality though and by extension kind of up to the viewer's interpretation.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 20, 2019 4:41 AM

Jul 2016
JizzyHitler said:
Vindicater said:

Is that right?

No they are the same person just multiple personality disorder, Doppio is as much the main antagonist of this part as the boss. It is up in the air which one is the dominant personality though and by extension kind of up to the viewer's interpretation.

So multilple personality that change age?
Apr 20, 2019 6:54 AM

Sep 2011
Vindicater said:
JizzyHitler said:

So multilple personality that change age?
yes, its just a extreme version of the real world version where different personalities change physical properties about themselves despite being the same person. At least with this you can chalk it up to stand shennanigans.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 20, 2019 1:56 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!! The fight between Risotto and Doppio are one of my favorites ever!!

I thought the origin story was a new material, then I remembered that scene with the priest and Doppio back then.

Can't wait for the next one!
Apr 20, 2019 2:25 PM

Mar 2019
as someone who doesnt read the manga, this episode got me all kinds of confused.. but im excited to see it sorted in the next episode
Apr 22, 2019 5:00 AM

May 2016
I was wondering what the hype for Doppio was all about and after seeing him in the anime, I wholeheartedly think that they did a splendid job in presenting his bizarre, mellow personality. I was kind of spoiled about him being the other form of the Boss a pretty long time ago but I never thought about the possibility of him being the other half of his split personality shared with the violent man who never leaves a trace.

TURURURURU! It's so weird watching him using his improvised phones to talk to himself that I even made it my ringtone~

While Doppio/Boss was given the spotlight for the first half of the episode with his backstory and beef with that eerie fortune-teller, Risotto dominated the second half by showing how horrifying Metallica's ability can be. I'm honestly shocked that one of the most violent and painfully cringe-inducing looking parts I've seen in the franchise wasn't shown with a big black blur along with it. It had zero censorship and I absolutely loved it!

Apr 29, 2019 11:28 PM

Jan 2011
Now that was a perfect Doppio.
May 3, 2019 1:46 AM

Oct 2012
When I read the manga I have a dream to actually hear that phone ring
After a long time it finally came true xD
"Signature removed"
May 6, 2019 8:31 AM

Feb 2012
The "beep" Doppio made was so cute.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 10, 2019 2:34 PM
Nov 2017
I loved this episode so much.
Doppio is finally here, one of my fav characters of this part. They made an amazing job with him. The voice, animation, etc, etc. Just, perfect.
The fortune teller scene was really well made, tho the taxi scene had some parts cut out, but they still made a good job.
And finally we have the Metallica fight, one of the best fights in this JoJo part. The way they animated the scenes was really good, I'm glad DP knows what they are doing, I was getting worried about the weird animation sometimes.
May 19, 2019 3:49 PM
Apr 2016
Well...holy heck Doppio is bizarre, he is soooo weird and interesting. Well, I thought he's the Boss at first, but I guess he's not (?) Interesting episode.
May 30, 2019 6:10 AM

Oct 2013
Hah, so the Boss is Doppio and Doppio is the Boss? Nice, two personalities in one body after 18 months long pregnancy to their (his?) mother.

Risotto is terrifying. His ability is sick and dangerous. I feel the fight between him and Doppio will be a clash of titans.

Though what I don't get is "2 meters range" thing. Doppio, while attacking Risotto with his fists, got his enemy clearly within 2 meters. Did the Boss' plan not work because Doppio forgot he had some power of King Crimson up on his sleeve shared by Boss?

Whole episode was filled with details which made it even better.

I loved moments when the phone rang. Also, Doppio was so lucky they had a pay phone in a deserted place like that. xD
Jul 6, 2019 12:33 PM

Mar 2014
I'm confused, I thought this whole episode was taking place in the past, but then Aerosmith shows up.
I guess just Doppio's birth was in the past?

Anyway, I can't tell if Doppio's split personality is Dio, or if the show is just trying to make us think that he's Dio...

Although, if it is Dio, then why would his stand be named King Crimson? Did he get re-born again or something?
Still more questions to be answered.
vigorousjammerJul 6, 2019 12:37 PM
::End of Transmission::

Aug 6, 2019 4:06 PM

Mar 2012
This guy is fucking bonkers lol
Aug 7, 2019 5:03 AM

Mar 2015
We finally see the boss and how he is able to secretly channel orders to the organization. Doppio is funny af
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 2, 2019 4:15 AM

Jul 2015
The boss identity has been revealed, looks like some complete psychopath

On the other hand doppio has some real luck finding those phones and escaping Risotto, no wonder he is the boss most trusted man

Feb 9, 2020 4:20 PM

Jul 2013
This episode is just pure mindfuck and confusion. I don't know what else to say.
Feb 16, 2020 7:51 PM

Feb 2020
do ro ro ro ro ro ro ro ro ro
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2020 1:22 AM

Apr 2009
Kinda confused. It says that the priest and boss died after the fire. please correct me if I'm wrong.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2020 10:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Risotto's stand is crazy, Doppio is too !
Mar 9, 2020 12:26 PM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
well... Doppio is bonkers!
Mar 21, 2020 4:05 PM

Mar 2010
What a backstory, This boss is the most fked up enemy I have seen... Like what is your damn motive lol.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 12, 2020 8:23 PM

Sep 2016
ezaya said:
Kinda confused. It says that the priest and boss died after the fire. please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's been two months late, but in case you care.
The boss killed the priest and covered up the whole thing by a fire and somehow made ppl believe he also died in the fire. Of course he didn't. He faked his own death.
Apr 14, 2020 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
I should had immediately suspected after being stated that whole pregnancy took 2 years-... wait so did he erase time while still on the womb or he keeped skipping time when it was on the womb... maybe?
What ever the case may be i definitely didnt expect this turn of events. Doppio is a gollum- i mean quircky character, so far is pretty funny the expressions he makes and his whole exchange with Risotto (dude has a excellent deduction) was tense.
I am quite interested in see how things will go from here after this big plot point being reveled.
Apr 30, 2020 6:06 PM

Apr 2009
Orikasa_Momiji said:
ezaya said:

It's been two months late, but in case you care.
The boss killed the priest and covered up the whole thing by a fire and somehow made ppl believe he also died in the fire. Of course he didn't. He faked his own death.

Thanks for the heads up.
May 16, 2020 11:29 PM

Mar 2014
That was probably the most bizarre episode I've seen in a while. The more I learn about the boss the more confused I get.
Jun 3, 2020 5:00 AM
Jul 2009
I'm anime only so I was pretty confused at first. At the beginning I thought we were getting the boss's backstory. Once I figured out what the fuck was going on I really enjoyed it. The frog phone reminded me of transponder snails from One Piece.
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jul 20, 2020 4:14 PM

Mar 2020
Holy shit easily one of the best episodes, i already love this crazy mf

also Risotto looks like that Itachi edo tensei puppet from Naruto Shippuden lol
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Aug 18, 2020 2:18 PM
Aug 2020
hands down on of the best episodes so far! Risotto is so cool man he got me hungry for some actual risotto now lol
Dec 8, 2020 9:32 PM

Aug 2018
Doppio is interesting... is he the boss's 2nd personality?

Dec 15, 2020 4:55 AM

Jul 2020
lmao Doppio is hilarious I love him.
That "TURURUR" scene with phone was amazing.
I'm going to rewatch that fight again bc it's amazing.
Jul 29, 2021 12:57 AM

Apr 2018
Oh dopio, oh dopio, my kawai dopio

Everyone is coming together. The gang is arriving soon, the boss s close and the hitman is there.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 12, 2021 4:08 PM

Nov 2012
Man, this was such a clusterfuck of an episode -in a good way-
Doppio has the most interesting introduction out of any character in the JoJo franchise. Araki never fails to amaze me with his creative scenarios
Drastic-MeasureOct 12, 2021 4:12 PM
Nov 15, 2021 8:46 AM

Jan 2021
Doppio vomited out razor blades and was still able to talk
Dec 5, 2021 11:52 AM
Nov 2020
Earlier in the show there was a chart of the organization and there was 1 person who works directly under the boss and now you have met him.
Feb 13, 2022 5:02 AM

Oct 2020
So the boss is some kinda nut job with multiple personalities ?
Also why does there have to be an ability that can make you vomit razor blades ?
That just made my throat hurt :(
Apr 16, 2022 8:45 AM

Sep 2015
My god, I got adrenaline rushing as I watched this! It never stops delivering. The anxiety i'm getting !
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 31, 2022 7:27 PM

May 2020
I think this is the first time in my entirety watching the JoJo series to this point, where I'm genuinely excited & hyped for whatever comes next.

I enjoyed the 2nd half of Stardust Crusaders, but the rest never really kept me interested beyond an episode or two. This season has changed that, as I've been far more invested & enjoyed the characters a lot more from the start. This episode basically just confirmed all that for me, as I now sense I'll be binge watching quite a few more episodes before bed.

It sure did take a while, but I'm finally becoming a JoJo fan lol
“No, you can’t have a show where everybody’s Krillin!” – Shinpachi
Nov 23, 2022 8:21 AM
Jul 2022
Poor Doppio. Dude had to have razors fall out his mouth.
Dec 23, 2022 1:41 PM

Aug 2019
I love risotto's voice

Doppio is hilarious
Jan 20, 2023 8:00 AM

Jan 2013
[Typed while watching] A sailor most definitely does not require a good natured kind spirit maybe the opposite like a foul mouth or a sailor's tongue as they call it.

That's  Trish's mom already demanding the finer things in life on their very 1st meeting lol.   Where this clumsy boy is also a ruthlesskiller, last episode's cut scene with him at the very end did not make him seem in this appearance whatsoever
Looks like the boss killed his own priest as well as kept his birth mother hated him for all those years. I wonder why that is
I mean seriously he looks totally different and lasts episode even though it started off saying that it was today's time period also why do you let the kid off so easy who was such a jerk to him when he tried to save his life. And how was he still so clumsy.
Him killing the fortune teller looked nothing like his current stand even though it says it's the exact same times. He also directly contradicts himself immediately afterwards once he sees the kid saying him killed someone. And it's still bugging me and why it looks like a youthful person compared to the mafioso adult boss we saw last episode's conclusion. I like that hes like a 2 tone personality, but I am sure glad I didn't finish reading with the boss tear list that was all mine yes You're to hate or this was a spoil that for me that's I never expected this kid to end up being the boss, I wonder if his stand is somehow keeping him from aging if hes consistent only just keeps jumping back in time period
I sure hope the kid that he just directly contradicted himself about having to kill anyone who is able to idea ends up iding him later and making it his downfall

How does the bosses of bosses not have 8000 lire lmaoo

The head of head mafioso bosses is schizophrenic LMF AO what am I watching anymore The head of head mafioso bosses is schizophrenic LMFAO what am I watching anymore That phone scene was hilarious though

[Reiterating afger a rewatch-] This dudes a SCHIZO! Listening to his own phone noices. That part was actually hilarious.

Also, how's not only does the boss NOT have the money. But he's also careless enough to be caught by a random taxi driver *hiding his most important intel??*

Didn't even use his stand but his own finger to stick his finger into the guys eyes. And he went "OW my head. As if he has split personality!

That fake phone call was crazy!! He def has split personality. That was creepy and interesting at the same time tbh

The Boss aka Doppio when he gets taken over *has his left pupil change to a little green circle with a protruding yellow triangle* a regular brown eye with a pupil like his other one. How. An he be so dumb? And he forgets half the stuff his own head "the boss" is telling him? Hahaha thats amazing.
I was almost worried for this antagonist....almost.
What the fuck did i just watch?!?!?! Holy shit I smoked the green  before that end fight and watching him puke razors was rough AF. That was so weird and crazy! What in the world is going on. Crazy ass Jojo fight. Never know what to expect!

Overall, what a wild and anxiety-ridden (but amazing) episode.  
dextronautJan 20, 2023 9:09 AM
May 2, 2023 10:30 AM

Jan 2021
I don't like Doppio and hope that Risotto is going to stick around
May 14, 2023 2:42 PM
Apr 2020
I have literally no idea what just happened but it was pretty cool
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM

» Group Standings

yungpowerpole - Jan 14

10 by baryaakov555 »»
Jan 20, 8:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.