Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Jun 24, 2019 9:07 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Just waiting on everyone to push them together next season LOL
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jun 25, 2019 7:57 AM

Dec 2012
FUCKING CHIKA ROFL ASTERISK!!!!

Jun 26, 2019 4:02 AM

Sep 2014
The butterfly has set free ~ Fireworks are always better watched with people around. It makes the experience more fulfilling

LMFAO! Yuugami saying "Who is this cool driver?" and then turns out it was one of the Four Ramen Kings got me weak!

Definitely one of the best RomComs I've seen. A perfect mix of sweet & funny moments got me hooked from beginning to end. Both Shirogane & Kaguya were fun to watch and not to mention the supporting cast of Chika & Yuugami. They also made the show twice as fun to watch. Animation was also great and on point for each scenes

Hoping for a next season. I'll jump right into the manga to see what's in store

- 8/10 -
XiferVPJun 26, 2019 4:05 AM
Jun 29, 2019 3:34 AM
Apr 2018
Damn, after that I wanted to see them get together so badly but it was obvious that wasn't going to happen. I literally couldn't relate more to the poor president.
Jul 5, 2019 7:44 AM

Jan 2011
I'm glad they didn't end it on just the fireworks, but also adapted the follow up chapter. One of the best parts of the series is how it's so willing turn the serious moments into the butt of the joke.

Wasn't expecting that Iino cameo at the end.
Jul 9, 2019 2:38 PM
May 2008
Absolute garbage.

Who thinks it's a good idea not to reconcile? What for a second season? I gotta read the manga?

I wish I didn't watch it and up to its finale so I can just mark this dropped.

Nevermind me. This anime is actually fantastic if I am so mad I didn't get the ending that happens in the manga. seems it's following that a bit more faithfully.
MobiusJul 9, 2019 9:34 PM
Jul 27, 2019 3:56 AM
May 2019
So in the end was all for nothing, lamee, and this misunderstandings in this anime piss me off 6/10
Aug 4, 2019 8:12 AM

Aug 2009
MVPs of the show: 1. Fujiwara 2. Hayasaka

show would get a much lower score from me if not for those 2

also never forget about our bro Ishigami

8/10 they done things right
Aug 5, 2019 4:27 AM

May 2016
I just loved this episode so much it was really beyond great a straight 10/5 for this one and 8.5/10 for the whole.

Without the supporting characters like Hayasaka and Fujiwara and Ishigami this show would have not reached this height... and that TAXI DRIVER WAS KAKEEE.
Aug 28, 2019 3:27 AM
Apr 2018
Please tell me do they get to confess in the manga? I just can’t stand it :’’((( PM me about it so no one gets spoiled here
*Too lazy to make another signature*
Sep 26, 2019 7:56 AM

Mar 2015
That was a pretty great show overall! Would love more for sure!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 6, 2019 3:23 AM

Jun 2012
I really loved the comedy, the voice acting really made it hilarious. Not sure what more I could have asked for out of a comedy. I hope for a special or S2 someday.

Oct 28, 2019 7:26 PM

Jul 2013
Lol we've all been in that situation wherein we thought we said something cool but after a while we realized that it's just cringy as fuck and we think our friends are now silently judging us. Anyway, this show is really funny and I can really relate to the characters which nowadays is harder than it used to be.

Nov 13, 2019 5:30 PM

Oct 2013
If this fireworks episode is what all the manga readers were hyped for, I guess I don't get it. It's cute, but I wouldn't call one episode plot substance.

Good stuff. Of the recent romcoms, Bunny Girl has the edge for being more consistently witty and funny and having more plot substance than a steady stream of gags, but... I mean, yeah, it was good stuff. I probably dug it more in the early half than the back half as the format began to grow a smidge tired. The character dynamics are all spectacular and I wish we would've gotten more Ishigami.

This looks like great manga reading though.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 8, 2019 1:25 PM

Nov 2019
i'm so mad i wanted them to finally get together but other than that this was a beautiful anime that most definitely needs an s2. 10/10 would watch again
Mar 25, 2020 9:29 PM
Aug 2013
i d like to see those characters in a better story
Apr 7, 2020 7:26 PM

Jun 2013
Absolutely beautiful!
Bumping this up to a 10!
Apr 9, 2020 5:56 AM
Feb 2008
How could it end like thiss... this two are cutely problematic couple
Apr 10, 2020 9:38 AM

Jun 2019
Absolutely Beautiful...
9/10
Apr 11, 2020 7:47 PM
Jun 2014
Dunno what to say. I liked the serious part, but then of course it was all reset at the end. Is this supposed to be funny for 300 chapters? I see the manga is still ongoing and i seriously hope it has taken a step one way or another, but i doubt it.

I wonder if the author has ever thought about how out of place their relationship would feel. I mean, they have zero chemistry and feel pretty damn forced. Our mains have better chemistry with literally everyone else.
Apr 13, 2020 12:07 PM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
I was hoping for the kiss but im still satisfied :D
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Apr 19, 2020 1:07 PM

Nov 2017
It's really surprising how good this got in the second half, turning into a really good romcom, between comedy AND romance. I'm surprised because it was just a shoddy comedy to start and then the romance started to kind of catch fire here and the comedy got real good. It got better and better episode after episode. I hope S2 has the same pace.
Apr 22, 2020 2:39 AM

Mar 2015
DodeDagon said:
animmar said:

+1 to that prayer
Gods of Anime, please let this wonderful manga to a studio that can handle it with utmost care...

If this actually makes an anime though I really hope they do this arc justice. Like end the episode with how they did this chapter. Kaguya having a monologue while the fireworks are happening and then at the end when she says 'My heart is so loud that' it will transition into a black screen with only the title of the arc like "Episode _: I Can't Hear the Fireworks" and complete silence aside from kaguya's voice.

I'm so fucking glad that they did it the way I wish they did when I read the chapter this came out. It couldn't have been more perfect more of an adaptation. Also really glad they didn't add text, just a black bg with Kaguya's voice.

Overall probably one of the best adaptations I've seen in an anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2020 7:24 AM

Feb 2010
Not a mind blowing series or anything, just entertaining, feel like im watching Gekkan Shoujo, it's a bit overrated but ofc will watch the second season.

8/10

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

May 11, 2020 5:23 AM

Oct 2019
Witty and funny. I rarely laugh at comedy, but I found it incredibly entertaining. I loved how Shirogane found the whole fireworks adventure to be cringeworthy, as I felt the same thing while watching it. It was peak romcom cliché, at least the author knows that it is and is conscious about it kek

A solid 8/10
May 11, 2020 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
Haha, they are really hopeless. xD

The scene with characters turned into planes were hilarious.

This anime was good. While I don't like romcoms in general, this one bad a fine balance between romance and comedy. It also had a lot likeable characters.

While the anime was not perfect (because of i.e. cringy moments like "how kawaii" repeated all the time or sometimes too long lines coming from narrator), the direction was great, using many awesome and various ideas to show different situations.

Can't wait to start watching 2nd season. :)
May 15, 2020 2:25 AM

Mar 2020
maybe the real fireworks was the friends we made along the way
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 18, 2020 2:16 PM

Apr 2012
Started this one because of the reputation it has, and I wanted to be up-to-date with the second season being aired these days.

And dayum I do not regret starting it ! Really enjoyed it while I was definitely not expecting anything from it at the beginning. For sure around the 5th ep there's a little time when you're asking yourself if it'll be the same type of gags running over and over and I feared I would just either drop it or finish it with an average score.

But it seemed to me the second part turned out much better than the first one ! I really ended enjoying the 3 main characters & the gags, found myself laughing at whole episodes and felt sad for Kaguya on the final one.

The work of seiyuus on this show is awesome, it played a big role in my appreciation of this show. The animation is pretty good too, they really managed to convey the goofy of the gags, or other things like Kaguya's sadness in this last episode.
Oh, and as in most anime the backgrounds were lame basic.

My main disappointment is that the OP & ED are so meh (aside of the one), in my opinion they are completely flavor-less both on graphics & music sides. They wanted to refer to the noble-blabla part of the show, come on it was exactly the part we don't care about.
May 25, 2020 11:51 AM

Sep 2018
Nooo !!! This end-of-season episode, I expected it to be better, in the sense that they would maintain a higher comic level than usual, not that I didn't enjoy seeing the "downed" characters one at a time, but that there was a small step towards the union of the two main characters, that could at least be mentioned, oh well! An anime series that if it would have meshed from the first episodes, would have made sparks, instead that little mole invalidates a little the final judgment on the whole work. However I am happy to have started it, to have had the strength to give it an opportunity to see if it was to my liking despite my intuition it said no, while the comments of others said otherwise. I highly recommend it to everyone, although you can be hesitant looking at it only from the outside.

My vote is 8/10
Jun 1, 2020 10:25 PM

May 2020
When the music executed after he found her; phenomenal.
Jun 5, 2020 7:13 AM

Jun 2017
I expected much more for the end of the season. That wiener episode is still the best for me! Mainly because I was utterly entertained.

The bad news is that this unspoken war between Shirogane and Shinomiya is still ongoing for no one has confessed yet. Wait...what?! bad news? I mean good news! because there's going to be season 2!🥰

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jun 10, 2020 12:32 PM

Sep 2017
Not gonna lie I preferred comedy over this buy yeah this was done pretty well
خ
Jun 22, 2020 9:01 PM

Jun 2020
I literally died 14 times watching this episode, it made me very homesick.
It was a great finale for this season, I loved every moment and I'm glad Kaguya managed to go to the festival.
Shirogane, if I tried to get Kaguya to see the fireworks, that made me happy (I died 7 times at the time).
I'm glad how it all ended. ;)
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Jun 27, 2020 7:14 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yep the end of the fireworks night was predictable. No joke that Miyuki could find out Kaguya in the middle of darkness. The whole drama from her father was really shit head as the start. Still, its good to bring more romantic feels. Its succeeded. Its so smooth, and so kawaaii kotoo!

The theme of the plane dogfights in the ED credit finally used here. Poor Chika and Yuu had to put a shot down there. What else? I don't have anything. Its great actually. Other characters had their moments in the end. But the whole misunderstanding kept continue make me wonder: Fuuck ended it already, you twos love birds!

For the start of the their journey to conquer each others i can't give this show a solid 10. They were still circling around and almost make my heart broken. Fortunately, i can hold on, remembering that this show had a continuity. So, my point was so simple. Atleast, the limit beyond this show must be above the 9/10 scores. Its a must for this long-ass endless battle of love and logic.

The actual scores might lead into with the detail of any sections like these:
Story : 10
Art,sounds,animations : 8
Character : 10
Enjoyment : 8
Total scores by mean rate: 9.00

*the ending part was indeed the whole reason why the enjoyment can't get a full scores. While the others section was my pure personal judgement*

I just hope, i can get a proper ending in the next season. Lets see if they put a lot of effort there, more than these. If the parts had a greatest impact, a masterpiece scoring would come nicely. If only they ended the whole useless fights with more precious decision: a confession, goddamned it!

So thats it for my last commentary to this show.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 28, 2020 9:51 AM

Feb 2020
The first half was so sad... At least until Shirogane found Kaguya. It made me so happy, all four of them are so precious. And I was very pleasantly surprised to see that Chika cancelled her trip in order to come and Ishigami wanted just as much as the others for Kaguya to be happy. They might be flawed, but theie heart is at the right place and that's precious.
I must admit I didn't like the second part as much as the first one... It felt too forced, as if they thought the first part was so heavy they needed to bring back as much humor as possible.
But it was good nonetheless ! I give this show a 7. The humor is great, the characters are very likable and interesting, the more emotional moments are very well done, so well, it's all good ! ...Almost. I think this show is still missing something. The characters might be interesting and adorable, at the end they're still too stereotyped for my tastes, which means that while I really like them, I don't LOVE any of them and that's too bad. Plus, while they really tried their best to flesh out Kaguya's character and did a very good job most of the time, there is something missing, I don't know what exactly, but there is something that prevents me from truly seeing her character as a great one. She has so many facets and a psychology that makes sense, I feel like she could've made for such an interesting and complex character but somehow, I can't say she is one at the end... Because her different facets aren't explained well enough. Of course they are explained, but like I said, there is something missing, something that consequently makes Kaguya come out as a sometimes inconsistent character and that's really frustrating since I'm incapable of truly explaining why inconsistent instead of complex. But there's an issue, and it made me enjoy the anime less than I would've liked to.
As for the other characters, I really like Shirogane, I don't think I have any complaint regarding his character.
Chika is really fun and adorkable but I wish they fleshed out her personality a bit more. I get that she's the comic relief but she would deserve some development too.
And Ishigami was a great addition to the show, I like the development he's got, it wasn't much but given his screentime, it was enough.
I also have a bunch of other issues with this show (inconsistent mood, humor sometimes too forced, abuse of the "tell don't show" narrative, lack of evolution with the characters until the last episodes...) but I don't want to be too harsh, it made me have a good time and I'll gladly watch the 2nd season !
FafetteJun 28, 2020 2:22 PM
Jun 30, 2020 12:06 PM

May 2020
Wow fantastic. Exceeded my expectations. I felt all sorts of emotion. Joy, sadness, excitement. I would definitely experience it all over again.
Jul 2, 2020 5:51 PM

Sep 2019
Firework episode, such a way to end this whole season.
Jul 4, 2020 2:13 PM

May 2012
Quite enjoyed this first season of this series, it had quite a great pacing and just a fun romance concept that was really well executed with both fun characters and development pacing I must say!

All in all I am looking forwards to the sequel!
Jul 4, 2020 3:56 PM
Warneal

Jun 2017
Firstly they could make the finale more beautiful but they chose to go to comedy.

I think it shouldn't have been like this. They could increase drama

time flow was very fast as if it was made quickly
Jul 12, 2020 5:22 PM
Jul 2019
This was a great watch from start to finish. I'm not into romantic comedy at all but the comedy in this one is done really, really well. Laughed loud a lot of times in this 12 episodes. It also had its dramatic moments, which were done very well.

The top review is criticizing it for not having story. I'm not sure what he was expecting to watch. It's group of comedic sketches that you move quickly from one to the other, except for few connected ones, just like any TV show comedic sitcom.

9/10 for me. Really can't find many things to not like here. Hilarious and funny, and was a big relief to watch.

On to next season!
el3melJul 12, 2020 5:37 PM
Jul 16, 2020 7:50 PM
Jul 2020
not going to lie the ending kind of made me angry and wishing for season 2 but its one of the best animes i have ever watched!!
Aug 12, 2020 4:58 AM

Jun 2020
ahhh the fireworks part was so great LOVED IT

LMAO @ chika "I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE RULES OF THIS GAME? UWU" lolollll

one of the better romcoms out there, amazing characters who don't need much of a setting to bring the laughters & fun, had a great time watching this! also more ishigami pls!!!!!

can't wait to get started on season 2!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 1, 2020 12:13 AM

Feb 2020
Sure, that ending was hella predictable but it was the execution and character interactions was made it special!! Like how all the small details from Kaguya's past tied into this episode - that's how they managed to evoke emotions and set that overall sentimental tone.

I like it when shows unashamedly indulge in massive cliches and manage to make it hilarious - that might've been why I liked the show so much. Well 'hilarious' is the subjective term here, some people might've just found it cringy.

Also for people complaining about the whole 'win-lose' system which was kinda pointless/stale, that's actually one of the aspects that I liked about the show. There are technically no winners; it's just two prideful people too ashamed to admit that they're madly in love with each other. Which makes it funny when they assign winners/losers lol. Goes to show that one man's trash is another man's treasure!

I do hope they go into Shirogane's backstory more next season though... I noticed that he was still in his school uniform for the festival. Are they saying that he doesn't have enough money to get a jinbei?? He works a lot and has a small allowance too. Kinda feel like they're dropping hints towards how he's economically disadvantaged compared to the others? Unless I missed it somewhere where they stated it obviously lol. Now I'm kinda interested in his upbringing and everything; must be tragic or depressing in some way...

9/10 :) Only flaw in my opinion was the slow start which almost made me drop it... although it might just be because I'm impatient lol
cryzwatchesanimeSep 1, 2020 12:17 AM
"You... are truly slothful!"

Sep 13, 2020 11:38 AM
Jul 2020
9/10 first season, this is probably going to go to my favorites after S2 :) Really talented people working behind the scenes! Also Chika is best girl <3
Sep 20, 2020 2:27 PM

Jun 2017
I was laughing so much during this episode. So glad season 2 is out :)
I enjoyed watching this <3
Oct 18, 2020 3:57 PM

Aug 2018
It's one of the best romcom hands down and This show overall was brilliant!
9 out of 10
Oct 25, 2020 1:05 AM

Dec 2013
I seriously enjoyed watching this. I have no regrets. These parts made me laugh so hard lol

Will definitely watch season 2. I hope there will be more progress.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Oct 30, 2020 6:53 AM

Apr 2013
That was a great last episode. Had romance, comedy and a bit of drama. I mean I can always enjoy comedy shows more without drama, but it wasn't too bad here.

Really hard to say who's best girl in this show, before starting I was sure that it would be Chika. But Hayasaka was definitely MVP and Kaguya just really cute in these last episodes. Best guy is definitely Ishigami though, no doubt about it. Great show, 8/10.
Nov 13, 2020 6:36 PM

Aug 2020
I loved seeing Kaguya more interested in the president's smile than the fireworks. It was so adorable.
Poor Ishigami gets kicked out of the student council room. No surprise there... I can't wait to watch the next season. :)

Nov 28, 2020 1:37 PM

May 2015
Taxi driver was 10/10.

I was good show. Acually enjoy it.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

» WE GOT A WIN TODAY!!!!

TwigzLIVE - May 5

25 by contrastz »»
Yesterday, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.