Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2019 12:46 PM

Feb 2017
This was a good final episode.

Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy the anime as much as I thought I would. I felt bored by many of the episodes. It's weird because I think the adaptation was pretty good. I'm probably just tired of The Promised Neverland altogether.

It's nice that the second season got announced right away, but not being the fan of upcoming arcs and not enjoying this anime as much as I hoped to, I doubt I will watch it.
Mar 28, 2019 12:47 PM

Dec 2012
Satisfying anime and decent characters but, again, much like in Erased, you cannot honestly hope to tell me that 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 and FIVE YEAR OLDS can go with a plan like this in 2 months, WITHOUT BEING SEEN, WITHOUT MOM NOTICING AND WITHOUT SNITCHING.

They really loved their mother, and realistically, none of this super genius shit would have happened because none would have followed through, no matter how many times they hear it from the older kids or through sister krone. They are KIDS.

A 7~ (ray) years old kid divising an escape plan for multiple years? Pretending to read just to investigate ways to escape? Dude, please.

Phil is 4 years old too. Oh well...

Still, it was very entertaining so I give it an 8/10. OP was a banger too.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Mar 28, 2019 12:48 PM

Aug 2012
Just as I predicted they used a stone tied to a rope to go over the chasm. The nay sayers that said it could not be done can see I was right. And just as I said Norman could not have been saved but the others yes. Great episode and the best part was the glimpse in the past of Isabella.
Mar 28, 2019 12:49 PM

Aug 2012
Jus1294 said:
Solid 7.5/10 for me season.

The plot twist at the end was predictable but it still hit me with the feels
I still wonder the purpose of the keys
Mar 28, 2019 12:50 PM

Feb 2018
Such a good series and final episode overall, gave me some good old maze runner vibes.
cant wait for the next season to air!
Mar 28, 2019 12:52 PM

Jul 2016
Great Finale. They execute the Mama past nicely and the reveal. Phil and other small kids to be left behind, and Emma promised that they will coming back for them. Ray is impressed on how the kids plan to escape. And that ending they seeing their first morning outside. Overall a great season, and the OST is nice.

Mar 28, 2019 12:56 PM

Aug 2012
alphazero4um said:
I got to say this episode was pretty cool. To think Isabella was the the real mother of Ray. Dang dude I was shocked as hell to that revelation. Anyways, the way how it ended this is just a 'start' for our characters. Depending how I can hold out for season 2 I may end up reading the manga.
some people spoiled it before but it was still a good scene
Mar 28, 2019 12:56 PM

Feb 2018
Wow what an amazing final episode to this season! I was really worried they'd have trouble getting out but they made a flawless escape. Really nice how they rigged up those ziplines. I almost thought one was going to break and they'd have to climb or something.

I knew Phil would have a big part in this! Now he's taking charge and I have full faith that he'll do Emma proud.

That backstory on Isabella made me feel for her, which I wasn't expecting. I can't believe Ray is her actual son! I never suspected that.

I'm excited to see what they find out there, what happened to Norman, how they will survive, and their eventual return to save Phil and the others. I'm probably going to read the manga at some point, but I'll definitely wait to binge season 2 when it's done. Waiting every week was torture haha.

Season 2 is confirmed, by the way. Apparently it will air sometime in 2020. I can't wait!

I gave this a 9/10. The characters, story, art, and music were fantastic. Only reason I knocked a point off was I felt the pacing was a little slow in the middle, and it left a lot of questions, which I feel is a little nitpicky but still valid complaints. But otherwise this show was amazing.
Mar 28, 2019 12:57 PM

Jul 2017
Phil is my N and I will protect him.
あなたは誰?
Mar 28, 2019 12:58 PM

Jan 2015
King_JP said:
Xenocrisi said:
Truly an amazing ending. Well done, it was emotional.

Can’t say I’m looking forward to season 2, the arc after this one isn’t very good
its boring lets be honest they should definitely just leave it as is so that people dont have to suffer through. Once they escape it goes downhill fast.

It’s not like it’s boring, but it suffers a lot like many other manga that after the first meaningful arc don’t have the same vibe. I could name you a few titles such as Gakkou Gurashi, Kumo desu ga Nani ka or even the most recent one, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, which loses its atmosphere very soon
XenocrisiMar 28, 2019 1:06 PM
Mar 28, 2019 1:01 PM
Sep 2014
What an awesome finale. I loved the whole twist around Isabella, and the fact that she is Ray's mother fucked me up sm. Her story is all kinds of tragic, but ofc it's not like I suddenly like her. However, I'm human and I can't help but sympathize with how much she's been through, especially since it could happen to any of the children (Emma, Gilda, etc.).

I'm ecstatic that there's going to be a second season.
Mar 28, 2019 1:03 PM

Mar 2016
That flashback was fucking nice.I had only two problems with this anime. First that some mid episodes were little boring (they were just talking and planning), and other thing that even this last episode was really good, there wasn't cliffhanger at the end.

for manga readers

how goes the story after this ending? Better or worse or same?
Mar 28, 2019 1:06 PM

Sep 2010
Damn the ending was so sad and emotional, and Ray being Isabella's son was a big shock. I'm sure all Mamas have good hearts deep inside, it's just the circumstances that led to that life. Time to read the manga.
Mar 28, 2019 1:07 PM

May 2009
They ruined Isabella's backstory, where is the beautiful monologue :(
Mar 28, 2019 1:08 PM
Feb 2016
God this was a fantastic episode. I cried a lot during Isabelle's backstory, it was just sad seeing a lot of what she went through losing her friend and then having to see her son Ray leave her at the end. I really hope she doesn't die, since I understand some of the things that she did in order to survive.

9/10 read for season 2 in 2020
Mar 28, 2019 1:09 PM

Nov 2016
That was a pretty decent anime. 7/10. I was expecting a bit better though but was worth watching and I'll watch S2 when that airs.
Mar 28, 2019 1:10 PM

Jan 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Jus1294 said:
Solid 7.5/10 for me season.

The plot twist at the end was predictable but it still hit me with the feels
I still wonder the purpose of the keys

I'm sure they'll elaborate on in season 2
What a beautiful Duwang
Mar 28, 2019 1:11 PM

Feb 2013
I give it 8/10. But only because of episode 1 and the last episode, if they weren't as good as they were, it'd be a 6 or a 7, and i say this as someone who's a fan of the manga.

Reasons for this is simply because the anime seemed to have missed the mark a bit on what this series is supposed to be. The manga was interesting because it dealt with all the character's psyche, inner thoughts etc., and the anime completely removes all of that in favour of the more horror/thriller stuff instead. Ofc i'm not saying the manga doesn't have the horror stuff too, but the anime wanted to make that the main focus when it isn't really in the manga.

Biggest example of this was their decision to either remove all inner thoughts/monologues that the characters have or just have them outright say it (which actually did a massive disservice to the characters since it made them look stupid af....like who tf seriously speaks their plans out loud in a cramped house they're trying to escape from where Isabella could be literally right around the corner lmao). Idk who came to this decision, but they should never come up with decisions ever again, because that was a terrible one.

Like i said though i really liked the first and last episode. Literally because of those two alone i'm giving this series an 8. A very low 8. And that's being generous lol. But this series should have been adapted much better than it had been imo, it should easily be a 9 or 10, no question, but ah well.

Oh and also the music was superb. Another reason i gave it an 8.

Sidenote - Isabella with hair down = bae.
shockzz1234Mar 28, 2019 1:25 PM
Mar 28, 2019 1:17 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
To anime only watchers I suggest you rewatch this season. It'll be fun to see all the clues they had laid out. Also don't have too high expectations for the next season. This arc is still on of the best in the series up to this point in the manga and the other ones I really like will probably be season 3 or 4 (my guess).

This was a great adaption but I wished they kept the inner monologues. This anime is kind of the succor to Death Note the way MHA & Black Clover succeed Naruto. That would bring it down to a 7 or an 8 but the visuals & audio push it up to 9/10 for me.
Mar 28, 2019 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly, I was giving this anime a 7/10 because of how bad it was interms of adapation, but god damn that Norman/Isabella reveal was awesome

8/10
Mar 28, 2019 1:24 PM

Oct 2010
Great stopping point, honestly. Well paced overall. A bit too predictable and relied too much on attempts to surprise despite things being obvious, but definitely still a good ride.
Mar 28, 2019 1:26 PM

Dec 2014
What a great show, not a single Episode felt out of place and they really did a good job with their reveals and the suspense throughout the show.

9/10

Hope to hear of a 2nd Season soon.
Mar 28, 2019 1:32 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice that they are also considering the larger picture as they plan their escape. Thats quite the responsibility that Phil was handed though. Still two years huh thats a long time to wait for salvation. Even in death Norman's advice is still helping them. Their prep for the escape sure was pretty extensive but seeing it be put into action for real sure was inspiring especially considering the risks involved. The insight into Isabella's past sure was interesting. So it was the loss of her friend that prompted her to become one of the enemy huh. To think that Isabella would end up realizing the truth and giving Emma and the others her blessing. Damm an excellent finale with equal amounts of tension and revelation. Can't wait to see the second season when it comes out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2019 1:34 PM

May 2017
a very fitting end. Isabella is the mother of Ray. I didn't see that coming. Got me quite emotional. Leslie's music was sooooo good. The glimpse Emma gave Isabella when she took off. Perfect.

Torn between 7/10 and 8/10.

The story is quality stuff and the animation and music was on point.

Only thing I did not like as much were the backgrounds. The environment and the world in general felt so uninteresting and that's not just because the show revolved around a single house. They could have made the place much more beautiful, but sadly that is where this anime fell short.

I wouldn't call the middle part of this season boring, but I for myself fell behind quite a few times. I didn't really had the urge to watch the next episode and that tells a lot about a show that is build upon suspense, where you should feel the urge for the next episode to find out what happens next.
Mar 28, 2019 1:34 PM
Mar 2019
id like to see this go further ... like...there struggle for survival... the rebuilding of a the human society out side of the farms.. build up for a revolution... war?....
Mar 28, 2019 1:37 PM

Jun 2015
Goddamn that cruel plot twist at the end.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 28, 2019 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was pretty good. Definitely better than I was expecting. 7/10
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 28, 2019 1:41 PM

Mar 2017
Ohh god! I don't hate Isabella anymore. Everyone had their own share of painful past and despair.
Isabella's past and other stories along with that OST stirred up my heart. I didn't expect that I'd end up crying.

Escape was successful. Phil and the other four year olds were left behind for the time being. And they welcome their first morning after the escape.
Best episode.
It was the best winter anime for me.
I'm rating it a solid 9/10.
I need a second season soon.
Mar 28, 2019 1:44 PM
Aug 2018
I almost cried watching the last episode, and that's as someone who's almost caught up to the manga. I think this might be my favorite episode. They did it justice. This anime's OST was amazing.

As a whole, I enjoyed the adaptation, even if they did unfortunately change a couple of things here and there. 8/10
Mar 28, 2019 1:47 PM

Sep 2011
A great way to end the season! And I'm glad that the second one was already confirmed, even though it won't be here for a while. Oh, and I loved the special Noitamina intro!

Phil is really young, but clearly gifted. I love how he realized way more than they gave him credit for. He is a good boy, and I hope he will be rescued as planned. Don was such a MVP though, it was all riding on him in that moment when he had to secure that escape route with his toss. And I love how he took the leap of faith without hesitating for a moment. But the way Emma took her sweet time to say goodbye to their house of lies and Isabella got on my nerves. Sure, she was out of breath, but it was still too dangerous to linger there for another second. But well, she was the protagonist and it was going to work out.

I also loved to see with more detail Isabella's human side before she gave in to the system in order to survive. She too, once tried to escape. She too, had someone that was important to her and was met with the fate of being shipped. And she really was Ray's mother. That whole scene was stunning, I really thought that she was going to jump off that cliff. After all 15 children, including the "best" two, escaped. The natural would be to assume that she was going to be held responsible for it. So if she truly jumped, at least she would be taking her own life instead of being killed by the demons who deprived her from being free.

But I guess I'm glad that she didn't jump since she has come this far in order to survive, and that Grandmother told Krone that Isabella was "special", so maybe she will be alive to say "okaeri" when Emma and the others come back for Phil and the rest of the kids. Well, they are out, but I'm sure that their fight for survival is only starting.
Mar 28, 2019 1:48 PM

Mar 2014
Man that was a great episode. Both the visuals and music were done really well. Especially the soundtrack has been a bit underwhelming but it really stood out during this episode.

So glad a second season was announced too.
Mar 28, 2019 1:48 PM
Sep 2016
Overall for em, a fantastic series overall. I haven't really gotten back into anime until I watched this. Ive like Shield Hero this season too, but this show really outshined a lot of usual tv shows I watch.

9/10 for me.
It really do be like that though.

Mar 28, 2019 1:49 PM

Jan 2019
man who else fucking loved the goddamn OST it was just SO GOOD.

Carlitos_Stalin said:
What happens to Isabella? and Norman? Feel free to give spoiler I'm gonna read the manga anyway.

Mar 28, 2019 1:49 PM

Dec 2015
Damn what an interesting episode. I really liked the way they revealed that Ray was Isabella's son, and Leslie's song was depressing but really good. Time to catch up on the manga.
Mar 28, 2019 1:50 PM

Mar 2016
I have held off on every anime this season besides this gem. For the sole reason that I didn't want to agonize over every episode like I have for this series. Proud to say I completed it as it aired, but these cliffhangers were ball-busters for sure. The suspense was Grade-A in my opinion and the cinematic feel was so evidently present, especially in the ending half of the show. Very well done.

Initial reaction for me gives this show a 9, I thoroughly enjoyed everything shown but the pacing for some of the middle episodes ultimately kept me from giving this show a 10. While I still consider them good episodes, I feel some could have been condensed together...leaving some of the less-important scenes for the manga. I am cautiously optimistic for Season 2...mainly because I hear opinions are mixed for the next arc's content. We'll see. It's going to be a good bit before Season 2 in 2020...so I may consult the manga for my many questions, but then again I may not.

Amazing art and animation, good adaptation, thrilling story and a sad but motivational story about a group of children's escape from a human farm and their captors. Paramount suspense inside of a deep and well-thought out story. The OST will probably go down as one of my top favorites. 9/10.

NA-NANANA-NANANANANANAAAA!!
Mar 28, 2019 1:52 PM

Feb 2009
Finally, after nearly 4 years i can give a 10/10 for a TV anime series again.

Truly a Masterpiece.

and guess i wronged phil after the last episode when i thought he betrayed them. Whoops
Mar 28, 2019 1:53 PM

May 2016
mmm, good finale to the series. Liked the way they handled the adaptation, even the anime only scene worked quite nicely.

Aug 2015
I wont say I didn't like the adaptation but I didn't feel the same suspense levels in the anime as I did in the manga, but that could probably be because I read it ahead of time. If the scores were exact, it would be a solid 7.8/10 from me.
edit: also as someone said above, this is the perfect gateway anime for newcomers.
Jan 2018
For all my complaints about the removal of inner mologues, the adapatation of TPN is quite good. Imo, its an 8/10 but if they included at least some of the monologues that made the manga great, it could've been a 10/10
Mar 28, 2019 2:04 PM
Apr 2018
what an amazing season end. just amazing.
Mar 28, 2019 2:05 PM

Aug 2012
considering the fact that they removed the monologues, I give this a 8/10.
Its sad because I gave 10/10 to this arc in the manga.

But I still find funny that the people who give 7 or lower to the promised neverland are the same people who give 8 and 9 to shit animes. Envy? I don´t know, theres always that anime that people feel the need to hate even thought they rate worst animes higher
Mar 28, 2019 2:09 PM

Apr 2017
OH FUCK I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WORLD NOW...

Btw good shit here, I really liked Isabella and as I predicted, she isn't a bad person (Actually, with long straight hair she is cute af).
Mar 28, 2019 2:14 PM

Apr 2017
holy....wow. that was an emotional rollercoaster. what a series! i'll definitely be picking up the manga.

i always suspected that ray was isabella's son but the confirmation was mind-boggling to say the least. amazing season and story! i'm so very proud of the kids for escaping, and i can't wait to see what happens next season!
Mar 28, 2019 2:15 PM

Mar 2014
What an amazingly melancholy ending. Happy that they escaped, but the world outside is a dark unknown and they had to leave the little kids behind to hopefully learn to fight for their own freedom when they're older. Plus Isabella, the main antagonist so far, was really a victim herself and was just like they were ~20 years ago... I felt like this deserved a 10/10
Mar 28, 2019 2:19 PM
Oct 2016
What an amazing show. I`m really surprised this show actually made me sympathise with Isabella, not to say what she did wasn`t horrible. I did not expect that Ray was Isabellas biological son, that caught me off guard. Hope they announce season two soon.
Mar 28, 2019 2:21 PM

Mar 2019
This has been amazing, from start to finish! I really enjoyed it!

I also really liked seeing Isabella's history, seeing what happened to her, made me sympathise too..!
Mar 28, 2019 2:21 PM

Sep 2015
This finale exceeded my expectations, it was as emotionnaly impactful as I wanted it to be and it didn't feel as rushed as some previous episodes were. The use of music here was great, especially with Leslie's melody, and I'm happy with how Isabella's character was handled.

Overall it was a good adaptation. Sure on the one hand the rushed episodes took off a lot of the suspense the manga managed to build and a lot of details were skipped. But on the other hand the show compesated in ways that only an anime can, with its use of music and direction. And honestly it was more than enough for me, I'm looking forward to the second season !
Mar 28, 2019 2:22 PM

Oct 2017
Excellent episode. They did almost everything perfectly: from Phil finding out to Isabella’s flashback to the children escaping.

Can’t wait for season 2!
Mar 28, 2019 2:23 PM
Nov 2015
Perfect ending, can't wait for 2020!
Mar 28, 2019 2:23 PM

Mar 2015
Do I hate the open-ended finale? Absolutely not.
Am I guilty of suspecting Phil? Yes.
Will I my expectations rise for season 2? Yep.

6-year-old Phil with an escape plan to flee with the others and a reunion with Emma (and Norman too?) is what I'll be waiting for.

Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

280 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 12, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.