Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 10, 2019 9:53 AM
Oct 2013
Mattinator95 said:
kiza1379 said:
Welp. Shit goes Steins;Gate I guess. Phantom's identity is pretty much revealed if you know where to look tbh. And of course I mean in the anime. Tho it seems like things got pretty complicated in the VN or manga or LN whatnot, I don't really know since I didn't play/read them. But seriously, it's pretty much revealed. J.C. Staffs didn't even put effort on keep them hidden. Imo it's better to keep things hidden especially when there's time travel involved. People even already posted them here lul. It's all about matching the silhouette with answers J.C. Staffs provided.

HYPE: https://imgur.com/a/fNGFps2

P.S. : Things got pretty interesting when i think about how it might turn out tbh. Here goes my thoughts. Warning high potential spoilers even tho I didn't read/play the sources:

They are probably wrong about who it is

I think that's highly unlikely when there's people who read LN/manga/VN here.
Mar 10, 2019 10:59 AM

May 2015
Meh "Future Kurumi" is still better.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 10, 2019 6:17 PM
Aug 2018
AmaneCrimson said:

But who knows, maybe Ellen is indeed Phantom ahahaha~

I mean J.C. Staff seems to have made her censorship look like that, so that must mean something. /kek

Would be quite a twist eh.

The fact that
Mar 10, 2019 6:21 PM
Aug 2018
Tennouji said:

Still, I want to know how all the Spirits get those Spirit abilities from the phantom.

It has already been shown this season how Origami and Kotori got their powers. Unless you are referring to the specific reasons why each of them decided to become a Spirit.

Mar 10, 2019 6:34 PM
May 2009
Topu_Rayhan said:
AmaneCrimson said:

Natsumi did nothing wrong.

You thought it was Natsumi?! It was her, Mi...! M-M-M-M-M-M...!!!

MATHERS
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Damn it dude ! You're are suppose to hide spoilers. It does look like Ellen/Mira, but if you say Ellen is Phantom which she could be. But think about it Phantom did show some affection towards Shido whereas the future Ellen doesn't show any mercy above all Westcott said in previous season/episodes during Tohka's inversion, That woman has planned so much ahead. If Westcott knows who Phantom is, and why would Westcott keep Ellen as his partner. In addition, Ellen doesn't think twice to kill a Spirit. Therefore Ellen might not be Phantom. It could be either Murasame Reine or Natsumi. Natsumi's chances are high as Phantom's height is similar to Natsumi also the appearance. Also looking at the covers of season 3, gives a clue for me to accuse Natsumi as Phantom.

https://goo.gl/images/HFXTYz
https://goo.gl/images/YkMffd

Here is an answer to your theory on who Phantom is. I am putting a spoiler tag so DON'T click it if you don't want to know. We won't know who Phantom is in this season since the reveal is way far off, so i suggest you read the novel.

Mar 10, 2019 7:54 PM

Sep 2011
NormT said:
Tennouji said:

Still, I want to know how all the Spirits get those Spirit abilities from the phantom.

It has already been shown this season how Origami and Kotori got their powers. Unless you are referring to the specific reasons why each of them decided to become a Spirit.

As I said, that's not what I meant.

Mar 10, 2019 8:13 PM
Jun 2017
love this episode... and its a sad one that the spirit Origami killed her parents and this time shido came to change that past...

and the phantom talked to shido... hahaha...

ohh NO SPOILERS, but did shido change the past? hahaha... ohh im so excited for next episode...
Mar 11, 2019 1:48 AM

Feb 2016
Kinda weird Phantom took the form of Shidou's childhood friend from the VNs...

^Not LN spoilers btw. Only for one of the VNs

Also young Kurumi still a damn cutie~ She seriously makes this series better.
Zetsu_95Mar 11, 2019 1:51 AM
Mar 11, 2019 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
it leaves you expectant as hell!
Mar 11, 2019 3:23 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
AmaneCrimson said:
Topu_Rayhan said:
Very interesting episode. I have a feeling Phantom(Glitchy Spirit, the one Origami was fighting in the past) could be Natsumi. Assuming from the cover of the anime and the figure of Phantom in episode 8.

You thought it was Natsumi?! It was her, Mi...! Miiiiiiii--!! M-M-M-M-M-M...!!!

MATHERS
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wrong guess, but want my advice, stop trying to guess it, it would suck if you spoil it for yourself.
Also considering I m on CS2, nice profile/avatar.
Mar 11, 2019 5:22 PM

Sep 2010
Art quality was better, but shot to shot continuity still bothers me a bit. The shot from Metatron comes straight down in the center of the street, but the impact crater is long, horizontal, and running down one side of the street.
Mar 12, 2019 5:12 AM

Jun 2017
Younger Kurumi with hair down looks so moe, also I'm getting Steins;Gate vibes from this arc.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 12, 2019 5:43 PM
Feb 2017
AmaneCrimson said:
Topu_Rayhan said:
Very interesting episode. I have a feeling Phantom(Glitchy Spirit, the one Origami was fighting in the past) could be Natsumi. Assuming from the cover of the anime and the figure of Phantom in episode 8.

You thought it was Natsumi?! It was her, Mi...! Miiiiiiii--!! M-M-M-M-M-M...!!!

MATHERS
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah wrong guess, but damn, it is really persuasive when you put these pictures here XD
Mar 13, 2019 4:35 AM

Jul 2014
Woulda bought that Ellen=Phantom shiz if I didnt get spoiled when I went to DaL wikia and randomly spoiled my self cause that place doesnt put spoiler tags on future plot points, its literally just out of nowhere in that certain characters description.

That being said, if you guys dont want to be spoiled then dont go into the series' wikia.

About the episode, cant wait for what happens next! and Jesus inverse Origami in the OP w/ long hair... and here I thought she couldn't get any more hotter.
Mar 13, 2019 4:36 AM
Jan 2017
woah its very complicated plot .. here i know all the time the spirit that hated by origami is herself from the future,, what this can be happen hus,,
Mar 13, 2019 6:12 AM
Nov 2015
-Stray said:
Woulda bought that Ellen=Phantom shiz if I didnt get spoiled when I went to DaL wikia and randomly spoiled my self cause that place doesnt put spoiler tags on future plot points, its literally just out of nowhere in that certain characters description.

That being said, if you guys dont want to be spoiled then dont go into the series' wikia.

About the episode, cant wait for what happens next! and Jesus inverse Origami in the OP w/ long hair... and here I thought she couldn't get any more hotter.

It's becuase nobody that watches the anime cares enough to go visit the wikia except a few individuals like yourself.
FhpZodMar 13, 2019 6:17 AM
Mar 19, 2019 1:25 PM
Jan 2016
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF THAT DOUCHE BAG DIED AT THAT SPOT.AT LEAST THE SHOW WOULD HAVE A HAPPY ENDING
Mar 21, 2019 4:12 PM
Aug 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:
mat619 said:

i won't tell you who she is but here's a hint

can you at least say if it will be known who that phantom is in this season or not?

No. Assuming season 4 (if there's any) will be another 12 episode. You need to wait until season 5 for Phantom reveal to happen
Mar 29, 2019 4:48 AM

Dec 2013
Of course there’s some sort of connection between Shido and Phantom...

He actually managed to save her parents which must’ve changed the future pretty drastically.
Apr 8, 2019 12:01 AM

Mar 2016
Anything with time travelling involved is bound to get more complex and interesting!

I've been saying this and I will keep saying it, Shido needs to be able to use all of the spirits powers he has sealed so he could face any scenarios. Such as using Natsumi's power to transform himself into being a younger version of himself.

Time to get to the juicy parts of time travelling!
Future Shido told present Kurumi to tell present Shido methods to change the history which is; to meet past Kurumi (Wow she's so cute!) to hold hand so present Kurumi can tell past Kurumi to use Yod Bet to send present Shido back in time again so he could meet with the Phantom and talk her but it turns out that the Phantom actually knows Shido and various spirits powers.

I'm thinking that the Phantom might be the first spirit or a spirit that are at the same calibre as Kurumi because what other spirits knows about the various powers that different spirits/angels have. Seeing the Phantom gave Kotori a spirit crystal to give Kotori her spirit powers made it all very obvious that the Phantom might actually be the first Spirit. She was also the one who gave Origami her spirit powers! If the Phantom is not the first spirit then holy hell we got a huge plot revelation on our hands

Shido said fuck it and sacrificed himself to save Origami's parents, very brave of him, but that's how Shido does it!
May 2, 2019 6:17 AM

Aug 2018
Damn.. Shido, you're OP.. Having all their strengths?.. Lucky.. ;p
Hm.. It's more understandable now with young Origami meeting Shido looking young, why she is so much into him.. It makes more sense..
Hm.. And she's making decision not to laugh or cry.. So she.. was.. like this.. always?.. That's painful.. But she was like so, wasn't she?.. Always strange in her ways, wasn't she.. But she was broken all her life, isn't she..
Hm, so.. Shido is going to travel back in time again to meet Kurumi and help with Origami's situation at least?.. And it seems like this future Shido will know more about time travel, hm.. Or I got confused?..
Oh shit, we see younger Kurumi as well.. And she already had powers?..
Maybe I'm paranoid, but coincidence meeting teacher at the start at both times seems a bit strange..
Hm.. So creature gave power to Kotori as well..
And she knows Shido.. And maybe loves him or something.. And she was confused that Shido was there, so maybe she's not all mighty being who made everyone have powers, but there is higher things?.. You know, too many fucked-uppery and hints thrown everywhere..
But.. If Origami's parents wouldn't get killed.. It would create a paradox.. Maybe he created alternative dimension?.. Anyway, tons of everything this episode.. If things ever get solved in later seasons or something, I think this episode is must rewatch..
May 8, 2019 1:34 PM

Oct 2012
So the mother of spirits is actually... HanaKana! :D (it kinda bothers me a bit that she was only introduced in the game before)

But really, other than Natsumi in disguise... is she actually someone sent into the past to correct what Shidou and others were doing? Now I realize that if he removes the spirits every one of his friends would be gone but who transformed them and how in the first place? What were those gems? Is this some ploy of evil organization to create the ultimate weapon? Is this part of Ellen vengeance (after she lost her dearest ones too?)

The episode was good and very thoughtprovoking, even some minor illogical things and time continuity flaws (how the Kurumi in the present said she never tested that bullet only to let Shidou make her former past to use on him which would change her incentive in the present cause there would be no need to test it? or was she lying intentionaly?) How did the Shidou who awoken in the end even knew about what happened if the one who went to the past was actually destroyed by Origami? How did he even used Natsumi power in the first place??
May 20, 2019 9:59 PM

Aug 2018
Interesting episode, it reminded me Inception a lot lol

Very cool to see Kurumi again, it's been a while she had not shown up. Though I'm really wondering what are her real intentions... during season 1 she wanted to somehow eat him but then, she helps him in the Miku arc, in the movie and now she provides a help that no one else would be able to.

Dec 13, 2019 10:01 AM

Aug 2014
This is just a wild guess, but I think it must be some relative of Shido and if she knows everything then maybe it is his daughter with one of the spirits? looks kinda like Origami face, so maybe he somehow saved Origami and they had a daughter, but I got no idea what she want to do there 5 years ago. It seems she gave spirit powers to both Origami and Kotori. If she is kid of Shidou then she could have many powers that he had from all of the spirits he did and will seal maybe even he did seal Kurumi someday? Anyway I like it.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 3, 2020 5:59 AM

Jan 2015
Another great episode, damn
Feb 3, 2021 10:49 AM

Apr 2013
When a mediocre show starts to use time travel, you know it's gonna be completely dumb.
Nov 2, 2021 4:46 PM

Jan 2021
TIME TRAVEL

well he change something after pulling that stunt ( saving Origami's parents)
Apr 10, 2022 7:53 AM
Aug 2014
I was spoiled about Rinne like back in season 2 lol Was looking up DAL picture and she appear with the rest of S2 cast and I was like "Wait, who is she? I don't even remember her." Seems like she only appear as cameo in S3. Was hyped when I see Origami but it was mainly Rinne that I was hyped about. Ahh well. And yes, she is from the visual novel that I doubt many on this site read, including me.
Apr 10, 2022 7:54 AM
Aug 2014
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
This is just a wild guess, but I think it must be some relative of Shido and if she knows everything then maybe it is his daughter with one of the spirits? looks kinda like Origami face, so maybe he somehow saved Origami and they had a daughter, but I got no idea what she want to do there 5 years ago. It seems she gave spirit powers to both Origami and Kotori. If she is kid of Shidou then she could have many powers that he had from all of the spirits he did and will seal maybe even he did seal Kurumi someday? Anyway I like it.

Answering that would be spoiler territory since I already found out... Yeah don't check Wikia lol
Apr 10, 2022 7:57 AM
Aug 2014
Gendolfas said:
Damn.. Shido, you're OP.. Having all their strengths?.. Lucky.. ;p
Hm.. It's more understandable now with young Origami meeting Shido looking young, why she is so much into him.. It makes more sense..
Hm.. And she's making decision not to laugh or cry.. So she.. was.. like this.. always?.. That's painful.. But she was like so, wasn't she?.. Always strange in her ways, wasn't she.. But she was broken all her life, isn't she..
Hm, so.. Shido is going to travel back in time again to meet Kurumi and help with Origami's situation at least?.. And it seems like this future Shido will know more about time travel, hm.. Or I got confused?..
Oh shit, we see younger Kurumi as well.. And she already had powers?..
Maybe I'm paranoid, but coincidence meeting teacher at the start at both times seems a bit strange..
Hm.. So creature gave power to Kotori as well..
And she knows Shido.. And maybe loves him or something.. And she was confused that Shido was there, so maybe she's not all mighty being who made everyone have powers, but there is higher things?.. You know, too many fucked-uppery and hints thrown everywhere..
But.. If Origami's parents wouldn't get killed.. It would create a paradox.. Maybe he created alternative dimension?.. Anyway, tons of everything this episode.. If things ever get solved in later seasons or something, I think this episode is must rewatch..

If I were to drop a hint. It's likely not him who she recognized, same deal as the current villain, Ike.
Dec 22, 2022 3:21 AM

Dec 2012
Shido sees his home.
Dat shortcut.
LMAO at Shido being spotted.
My Little Shido.
Shido uses Natsumi's ability to transform.
Dat blast from Kotori.
Shido sees Phantom and Origami.
Shido sees Origami's parents.
Shido saves Origami.
Someone appears before Shido.
Shido? 10 mins into the future?

New OP version. I knew we would see Ko-Kurumi after Shido failed. I love Ko-Kurumi in that outfit. Her oppai was really that large 5 years ago? Then its disappointing older Kurumi's oppai isn't bigger. LMAO at how Kurumi was talking to herself. She even says ohisashiburi to yourself. lol This might have been the one thing I didn't know I wanted to see. It was awesome. How nice of the staff to hide the names of Phantom's seiyuu and the name of the form she changed into. It typically would have been revealed because they don't care to spoil. Also, I like how Shido used Natsumi's powers to literally turn into My Little Shido.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 6, 2023 5:07 PM

Nov 2010
Kurumi from 5 years ago looks beautiful! I like her outfit and hairstyle. So that's where her Fantasia figure came from. https://myfigurecollection.net/item/709796
Hmm, he could've also told Origami's parents to move somewhere else. Is that not an option? is the laser gonna hit them regardless?
Jan 24, 2023 2:30 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
it was strange, did or didn´t it? kekeke
Feb 1, 2023 2:36 PM
Jul 2020
If he has already changed history, I am more concerned about Tohka and those spirits. I don't want to see everything start from the beginning.
Jul 6, 2023 8:09 PM
Oct 2020
As predicted the return on Kurumi brought the back to this series. The time travel paradox typically plays well, and I think it was served here pretty nicely. Not Steins;Gate level but I'll take it compared to the previous storyline. And even ending on a cliffhanger. I think it's one of the best episodes so far.  
Nov 30, 2023 8:03 PM

Nov 2023
What an interesting appearance Kurumi has in this one
Apr 3, 1:27 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
The best episode in DAL so far, Kurumi got a lot of screen time and we got a lot of action
Apr 24, 1:27 PM
Sep 2023
Kurumi queen......
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

199 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 23, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

118 by -DxP- »»
Apr 6, 1:45 PM

» who

Remoerus - Oct 29, 2021

16 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 28, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

166 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.