Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2007 1:42 PM

Oct 2006
It wasn't my intention to pick this up, specially 'coz the art around the characters threw me off at first... but I found it on Saizen subs tracker and I gave it a shot...

(note:Aparently this is a remake of a movie from 1980. Now turned into a 24 episode series.)

That first episode was very interesting. I was totally wrong about the art.. it's actually works very well and the animtion is pretty good so far. Pretty interesting main character too. Definitely got my attention, gonna download the rest of the releases now.

there's some screencaps bellow in no particular order... for anyone who wants to take a look before downloading. (careful though, has they may contain some mild spoilers)

Jun 24, 2007 1:03 AM

Oct 2006
Awesome show. I just started, but I'm really enjoying it. I'd watch the rest of the episodes I've downloaded right now if I didn't have to be up in 3 hours.
Jun 24, 2007 7:09 AM

Oct 2006
yay... someone picked up this awesome series ^^.
It gets even better as it goes on, I'm sure you'll enjoy it even more.
Oct 3, 2007 8:38 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
So yeah, after reading a lot of good things about this, I started to watch it too. The first episode is great and I really wanna see more of this.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 27, 2008 12:39 AM

Feb 2008
At first, I really didn't like the show. But man, I was sooo wrong! Terra e.. is already one of my favorites! XD
Jun 21, 2008 12:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Dystopian setting (total control) right at the beginning....This first episode already got me hooked....

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 15, 2008 2:28 PM

Mar 2008
I wasn't really expecting the dystopia like setting. The first episode was good. I think that this series will be interesting. The idea of AI controlled cities is what drew me in. I hope that it stays on the sci-fi side of the sci-fi/fantasy boarder though.

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Nov 29, 2008 2:11 PM

Jan 2008
I think I liked this first episode. Good sci-fi so far, hope there won't be any mecha in it.
Jan 8, 2009 8:44 PM

Nov 2008
This show is awful. It's like they ripped off elements of RahXephon (Mu, different worlds) and made it into a kid's show. The feminine characteristics of all the males are an eyesore too.

Dropped.

3/10
Apr 24, 2009 1:04 AM

Nov 2007
Interesting first episode for me, not quite what I was expecting but it has laid the grounds for what could be an interesting watch.
May 6, 2009 1:28 AM

Aug 2007
arimakenshin said:
This show is awful. It's like they ripped off elements of RahXephon (Mu, different worlds) and made it into a kid's show. The feminine characteristics of all the males are an eyesore too.

Dropped.

3/10

lol
Jul 24, 2009 6:36 AM

May 2008
arimakenshin said:

Dropped.

3/10

actually Terra e.. manga was created way before Evangelion clone RahXephon was created.
Aug 13, 2009 4:31 PM

Jul 2009
arimakenshin said:

Dropped.

3/10

That's kinda silly. I love RahXephon, but I don't see much similarity outside of the name Mu. Kid finds out the world isn't quite as it seems isn't exactly a unique beginning in an anime. Couple eps in and this show has me more hooked than any anime in a while.
Mar 8, 2010 7:55 PM

Jul 2008
This was a really blind buy from me from Rightstuf, since the price for the singles are so cheap. A lot of people, including friends, have praised this series, so I'm sure there's now way it can be that disappointing.

The first episode has already hooked me in, so I hope that it only gets better. ^^
Apr 23, 2010 5:10 PM

Aug 2009
Lolwut? I didn't get a single thing. Interesting nevertheless.
Jun 17, 2010 5:38 AM

Jun 2009
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Adulthood exams, eh? Not sure if I like the idea of declaring someone an adult based off an exam. Then again, if this was implemented in real life then the majority of adults would be more reliable. But who knows, I've only seen one episode so the exam things might just be some sort of conspiracy. Anyway, I like it so far.
Aug 29, 2011 10:16 PM
Jul 2010
Oh wow this is vastly inferior to the manga. A bunch of school scenes were added, with typical anime school friends-of-lead added to make this more like all the other shows. City backgrounds were changed to trains, and Jomy's parents were rewritten to be sympathetic, all to make Jomy's life seem more life the target demographic.

What the anime writers missed is probably that this isn't supposed to be a normal life. Jomy's parents aren't blood relatives, and originally were so not on his side that they were the ones who reported his suspicious behavior to the government. His whole life here is a manufactured existence designed to facilitate easier population control. Apparently the series' themes are less important than demographic pandering.

Tyestor said:
Adulthood exams, eh? Not sure if I like the idea of declaring someone an adult based off an exam.
As well you shouldn't. The exams are just a farce to delete memories, after all.
Sep 20, 2011 4:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Seems a bit generic so far but has potential. The CG is a bit distracting though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 16, 2011 11:36 AM

Jul 2011
I made sure that i read the manga before watching the movie or series so that I could compare the adaptations.
That being said, I think that the manga is superior. I have only watched the first episode but that's the idea that i got.
I think that a series of 11 episodes would be enough to make very faithful adaptation, there was no need to make 24, and the art suffered a huge blown, it lost Keiko Takemiya's art style.

But these are only my first impressions, my opinion might change.
EdenBagginsNov 22, 2011 10:24 AM
Nov 22, 2011 12:12 AM

Jul 2009
Childhood memories can hinder being efficient if you meet a childhood friend, or they just want to get rid of the memories.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Oct 24, 2013 10:02 AM

Nov 2009
Wow, that seems like a harsh outcome, to just have all your memories erased, no wonder they were saying goodbye like that. Wouldn't want to be an adult if that is the price to pay. Anyways liking this series so far.
Feb 3, 2014 4:27 AM

Aug 2013
Good first episode, I'm already hooked in.

Adult at 14. Talk about pressure >__<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 30, 2014 3:37 PM

Aug 2010
Great first episode. I think I'm really going to like this series.

Got hyped when I heard Sugita.
Jan 7, 2015 7:05 PM

Dec 2012
I sorta picked this up on a whim, but this was certainly a strong start. I got serious goosebumps when the adult exam began and it said "Begin memory deletion." That explains why the mom was so sad about saying farewell.
Jun 2, 2015 6:14 PM
Aug 2008
Somehow I picked it randomly, From myanimelist. either from recommendations or something. I found good reviews about it. Thought it would worth it. Good starting. But the problem is my expectations about this are really high. I don't want that to be an issue which won't make me accept the anime (if it wasn't really good).
May 8, 2016 12:21 AM

Dec 2012
Interesting first episode. Not really a fan of the character designs that much...
Jan 28, 2017 5:13 PM

Apr 2014
i've been looking forward to watching this anime. what caught my interest was the art style, it's really pretty imo. also gotta love the cute animal sidekick

let's see how this goes :-)

(only complaint is Jomy's voice, it will get time to get used to. mostly because i know the voice actress so i can't help but hear a female voice)
belovingJan 28, 2017 5:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2019 12:18 AM

Mar 2014
An old series but I picked it up cause I'm a sucker for these destiny tropes

I'll need some time to get used to the "retro" art style again though lol
Aug 12, 2020 11:46 PM
Nov 2014
I watched the movie first so it took a minute to get used to everyone's new hair and stuff. Most importantly, I'm glad I finally know why Jomy randomly went to the park on an exam day lol. It was just so random in the movie; there wasn't enough time to slow down and explain, I guess. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of this show tbh. Just recently finished Blue Gender and Terra formers so this is already heads above both lol
Oct 28, 2023 10:39 AM
Sep 2022
I was impressed and I didn't expect it either

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 13 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 1, 2011

6 by His0kaDevv »»
Mar 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 22, 2008

84 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 13, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 21 Discussion

puedjies - Feb 8, 2009

15 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 12, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 15 Discussion

d388 - Aug 24, 2007

27 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 12, 2023 1:21 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 9 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 27, 2008

48 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 11, 2023 6:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.