Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 22, 2019 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this is a very different Origami than the one I remember. I think the big problem in this fight is that Shido's friends doesn't see her as a real enemy. Origami's Spirit Form though...!

Also, can't forget about the Goetia. That's a hell of a warship commanded by Ellen, the world's strongest wizard.

Kurumi also spotted at long last!
Feb 22, 2019 5:44 AM
Nov 2015
So this was supposed to be one of the best scenes/fights of this series and JC Staff proves once again why I have to be mad at them. Literally any other goddamn animation studio could have done a better job. I'm not even mad at this point. This fight is the only one that mattered and this is how it'll go down in history.

Just don't watch this anime for the animation anymore, do it for the story, at least this episode shows to you there's actually a story in this series.
FhpZodFeb 22, 2019 5:52 AM
Feb 22, 2019 6:31 AM

Jun 2012
The best girl showing up at the end makes a little bit of a good impression of this episode to me. Nicely done on that part.

Feb 22, 2019 7:01 AM

Dec 2017
what the fuck is going on? origami's a spirit? fucking hell, i can't be arsed to re-watch the previous seasons

also was the animation always this wack or just this season?
and the best girl just running through the city, hopefully some screen time next episode
Feb 22, 2019 7:11 AM

May 2018
Best girl Kurumi is back. That's all I care.
Feb 22, 2019 7:14 AM
Nov 2015
uninstallthegame said:
what the fuck is going on? origami's a spirit?

Did you even watch the episode?
Feb 22, 2019 7:20 AM

Nov 2008
Spirit Origami is so beautiful animated (I didn't realize her dress was that revealing at the bust, her tits are being covered by frills alone) and the big funnels are quite cool to see in action.

Feb 22, 2019 7:42 AM

Jan 2018
Finally, long hair Origami makes her appearance which I've been waiting for from the start.

Also, can't wait to see more of Kurumi and Shido duo in the next episode.
Feb 22, 2019 7:43 AM

Jul 2012
So far Origami's arc is going as predictable as it can get ... As always the animation doesn't ruins the overall impression even more.
Natsumi's weird personality so far is the best thing this season.
Feb 22, 2019 7:47 AM

Jul 2014
Natsumi has been the only saving grace for this episode, good lord the animation was on a whole other level of shit, S1 and S2 was never this bad when a big fight happens.. this was supposed to be Tohka's and Origami's big spirit fight from what I hear and this is how it looked like... J.C staff... why are you ruinning my experience with my on the list 3rd season anime! Toaru III and now DaL III, DAMN IT.
Feb 22, 2019 7:57 AM
Feb 2017
allenjke said:
So far Origami's arc is going as predictable as it can get ... As always the animation doesn't ruins the overall impression even more.

Origami's arc is one of the most unpredictable arc in the series. So... Hope you won't be disappointed.

But Natsumi is really funny to watch XD
Feb 22, 2019 8:10 AM

Jul 2012
Anchelok said:
allenjke said:

Origami's arc is one of the most unpredictable arc in the series. So... Hope you won't be disappointed.

I hope you're right. The beginning, how she powered up 2 times and became Spirit, was the most obvious thing that could happen.
Feb 22, 2019 8:25 AM
Nov 2015
allenjke said:
Anchelok said:

I hope you're right. The beginning, how she powered up 2 times and became Spirit, was the most obvious thing that could happen.

It doesn't matter how original this arc may be, fucking JC Staff is here to prevent people from enjoying this season.
Feb 22, 2019 9:15 AM
Jan 2017
Date A Live III moves past its halfway mark by giving us the main event: Origami finally becomes a Spirit. This is why I wanted to watch the most since the beginning of the season, not only because Origami's increased relevance to the storyline but because she can finally keep up with the other Spirits instead relying on faulty machinery all the time.

Misuzu Togashi once again delivers an amazing performance, though props must also be given to Marina Inoue during the Tohka/Origami battle. We only get a taste at seeing both Spirits at the peak of their power, but it was impressive nonetheless. Once again, Shido plays peacemaker between the Spirits. He might not be a powerful fighter like the Spirits, but in terms of determination and heroism, he is unparalleled.

Also, Kurumi shows up. I'm sure her fans are happy that she will have a role to play in future episodes. I do enjoy Kurumi's interactions with Shido, so I'm looking forward to see what will happen when Shido sees her again.

Date A Live III has been a great experience for me and its episodes always leave me wanting for more. Next week's episode will deliver a confrontation between Origami and Kurumi, so it will be interesting to see what happens when the story reaches the climax.
Feb 22, 2019 9:30 AM

Mar 2014
FINALLLYYY Kurumi makes an appearance, although very short but still good enough
Feb 22, 2019 9:31 AM
Jan 2018
This episode has so much potential however it was executed poorly. Animation was off and the fight didn't flow and expected a good and new soundtrack for origami transformation. I've read part of the light novel however this episode was so predictable, but it did have benefits like origami becoming a spirit and best girl showing up🕑
Feb 22, 2019 10:24 AM
Jan 2018
How do stuidos get animes Agian are they just shoved onto a stuido or do the stuido need to agree . Because it's the company that owns the rights to the series that decide if a anime gets another season right ???

So how does it actually work
Feb 22, 2019 11:44 AM
Feb 2019
This season hasnt ended and im actually hoping for the fourth season to realease huh do u think there are gonna be a fourth season? There are enough novel to make a 5th one...
Kurumi finally appears ahhhhh i wanna see the fight between both and how it ends up...
So hyped up, although the animation was pretty sad, unlucky animation studio :P
Feb 22, 2019 12:08 PM
Mar 2008
I am normally not the one to complain about animation, but as a person who really like the battle uniform the girls has in this anime it was a punch in the face to look at that fight.

I guess date a live has reached a state where producing something enjoyable and good visually is no longer a thing. But just about milking the most out of spending the least amount of money :/
Feb 22, 2019 12:22 PM

Jan 2008
JC must have thrown all their resources at animating Accelerator's wings in Index III Ep20 cause holy shit this fight was atrocious. Wth is with this sliding motion blur effect? It's like they're sliding a PNG across the screen.

God I hope Kurumi can save this for me.
Feb 22, 2019 12:37 PM

Sep 2017
"You have become the very thing you swore to destroy"
Feb 22, 2019 12:41 PM
Sep 2015
I am tired of you people !

AGAIN AND AGAIN, IT WASN'T JC STAFF WHO WORKED ON THIS EPISODE (AND SOME BEFORE) THIS TIME IT WAS OUTSOURCED TO ENGI AND J-CUBE ANIMATION

ENGI IS PUTTING ALL IT RESSOURCES TO THE NEXT ONE WHICH WILL BE A BIG EPISODE

THAT'S WHY IT'S OUTSOURCED TO TWO STUDIOS

AND AGAIN, JC STAFF HAS NOTHING TO DO HERE !
Feb 22, 2019 12:46 PM
Jul 2012
I knew it would happen soon or later
nepu nepu
Feb 22, 2019 12:47 PM
Jun 2014
God, this was the arc I've been waiting for years to see and the one I hoped they were blowing all the budget for the season on, but nope. Still scenes with only a single mouth moving, super low budget fight sequence, tons of parts which felt like they needed some background music but had none, awkward faces everywhere, Kurumi's running animation looking like a bird flapping it's wings....

Why. Just why would you not put the work into getting this part at least half decent? I barely noticed the quality downturn up until now, but this sticks out like a sore thumb.
Feb 22, 2019 12:52 PM
Sep 2015
AzureSymphony said:
God, this was the arc I've been waiting for years to see and the one I hoped they were blowing all the budget for the season on, but nope. Still scenes with only a single mouth moving, super low budget fight sequence, tons of parts which felt like they needed some background music but had none, awkward faces everywhere, Kurumi's running animation looking like a bird flapping it's wings....

Why. Just why would you not put the work into getting this part at least half decent? I barely noticed the quality downturn up until now, but this sticks out like a sore thumb.

Budget dont equal to good animation.
Animators are paid per cut, not per drawing. So if they made a good cut or a bad one, they are paid the same. It's the talent of the anime staff who make a show good or bad.
Feb 22, 2019 1:06 PM
Jun 2014
MrBefruit said:
Animators are paid per cut, not per drawing. So if they made a good cut or a bad one, they are paid the same. It's the talent of the anime staff who make a show good or bad.

The more time spent working on episode, the higher the costs, and this feels like they cut every corner possible to save the time spent working on it. Hiding as many faces as possible in a scene, hiding the mouth of a talking character as often as possible to avoid animating them, still scenes with only the mouth moving, fight sequences that show as little motion as possible, hiding legs to avoid animating motion beyond a repeating background, faces regularly missing, soulless eyes and faces. It doesn't even feel like they had people checking for mistakes with the ridiculous number of derp eyes because of one being positioned wonky.

The studio working on DAL3 clearly isn't up to scratch, but this was garbage even compared to Natsumi's arc.
AzureSymphonyFeb 22, 2019 1:12 PM
Feb 22, 2019 1:27 PM
Sep 2015
AzureSymphony said:
MrBefruit said:

The more time spent working on episode, the higher the costs, and this feels like they cut every corner possible to save the time spent working on it. Hiding as many faces as possible in a scene, hiding the mouth of a talking character as often as possible to avoid animating them, still scenes with only the mouth moving, fight sequences that show as little motion as possible, hiding legs to avoid animating motion beyond a repeating background, faces regularly missing, soulless eyes and faces. It doesn't even feel like they had people checking for mistakes with the ridiculous number of derp eyes because of one being positioned wonky.

The studio working on DAL3 clearly isn't up to scratch, but this was garbage even compared to Natsumi's arc.

Here, it's more like they don't have time on their planning, they have to finish it in a short among of time. Also, the hight number of Anime Directors is truly worrysome. Next episode, it will, normaly be ENGI who will be in charge of the animation. I have faith that the ep will be good. Unlike episode 7 preview who wasn't animated, episode 8 one is pretty good and reassuring.
Feb 22, 2019 2:00 PM

May 2018
Welp after getting her ass whooped Origami becomes what she hated most a "Spirit".

well I guess shido now has to chase after her.
Feb 22, 2019 2:01 PM

Jun 2017
Already calling it, the spirit who gave Origami her powers is probably the same one who killed her parents. If this turns out to be true then the irony is strong in this one lol.
Feb 22, 2019 2:01 PM

Apr 2013
Finally! Spirit Origami

Natsumi telling about her past TT poor girl eating alone on the toilet because no one would eat with her in the class, also don't be so mean to yourself, you are on par with Yoshino when it comes too cuteness
That Kurumi at the end though, they know how to tease
DelusionalUzumeFeb 22, 2019 2:36 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 22, 2019 2:03 PM

Nov 2017
Ok,I like Date a Live,but this season has been a bit disappointing except for the one thing that made every episode worth the wait.
Kurumi,and she didn't disappoint,mysterious,cunning,and that voice!
Natsumi's waifu material I know,but Kurumi's voice just makes me weak at the knees.I just want to kneel before her and worship every word she speaks!
Feb 22, 2019 3:07 PM

Apr 2015
So Origami has obtained a spirit form now as well.. she has become the one thing she hates the most!

Animation is atrocious as expected, but I have complained enough about it already.

Kurumi finally makes her appearence, been far too long and what a wonderful tease it was, now I am hyped!
Feb 22, 2019 3:14 PM

Nov 2011
I've waited all season and we get a taste but here we are ladies and gentlemen...THE QUEEN!!!! HAS RETURNED!!!!!!

KURUMI!!! KURUMI!!! KURUMI!!!

1 MORE WEEK!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 22, 2019 3:16 PM

Mar 2008
Kurumi next week... MY BODY IS READY.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Feb 22, 2019 4:04 PM

Nov 2017
Eyyyy, Kurumi is finally here. :-) Nice to see ya again!
Feb 22, 2019 4:16 PM

Jul 2015
Ok, so not only Origami went full Sasuke out of nowhere, but now she is the biggest hypocrite of this season.

Feb 22, 2019 4:28 PM

Sep 2016
Wow, the animation "quality"... it's a shame, because as a filthy anime-only secondary, I think the story this season is... not bad at all. I found the Natsumi arc legitimately compelling, and her character in general very striking. Sure, this Origami power up arc is not the most original thing ever, but I feel like her turning into the one thing she hates the most can be a good setup for interesting character development. So why is the animation incredibly subpar?
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Feb 22, 2019 4:37 PM

Jun 2017
When Origami became a stand user spirit

Next week

Kurumi: "Oh? You're approaching me?"
Origami: "I can't beat the shit out of you without getting closer"
Feb 22, 2019 5:03 PM

Dec 2014
Animation and Art quality took a massive hit this week. Is it because JC Staff is focusing on WW3 for Index? Overall, pretty meh episode. Hope Quality boosts up next week. Also the fact that they played Rondo in the Tohka vs Origami fight is an insult because that's my Waifu Miku's theme
Feb 22, 2019 5:06 PM

Aug 2010
Finally Kurumi. Can't have a DAL season without her.
Feb 22, 2019 5:53 PM

Jul 2017
Hm.. Mixed feelings with this episode. I still want to believe that Origami's sudden change of heart has a hidden reason behind it. I mean, she was dead set on killing the spirits since the beginning of the story, but she got along kinda well with the rest of the girls and even wanted to compete with them for Shido. Well, still hope that an explanation for all of this will come later.

Her Spirit form was finally revealed and it was quite beautiful! How she became one... no clue yet, but seems it will be explained as well in the next episodes. The fight vs Tohka was kinda mediocre, nothing out of this world but hey, i at least liked all the tension and my interest is rising even further.

Why no kiss between Tohka and Shido?? Wanted to see it :/

Still, best part of this episode is, the fucking after credits of course and why? BECAUSE MY WAIFU IS BACK TO SPREAD THE SWAG ONCE AGAIN AND TAKE THIS SERIES TO THE NEXT LEVEL (i hope, i mean, every time she appeared in both 2 seasons, it completely changed the atmosphere of this show, let's see what her role will be, oh boy i just can't wait to see her in action after so many time waiting for her!)
Feb 22, 2019 6:44 PM

May 2014
MomoSinX said:
Already calling it, the spirit who gave Origami her powers is probably the same one who killed her parents. If this turns out to be true then the irony is strong in this one lol.

On another note, the animation is getting worse every episode. It's really a shame that one of the best arcs is getting such a shitty treatment.
Feb 22, 2019 8:15 PM

Aug 2018
Poor, Origami gone bad this episode. I don’t know about the wisdom of going to Kurumi for help though. Kurumi pretty much dances to her own tune.
Feb 22, 2019 8:19 PM
Jul 2015
Origami can die for all I care. Tohka should've actually killed her. I don't buy her sudden switch to wanting to kill everyone again. I just don't. I don't care if she got any extra information on her parents, she should've been developed enough to at least care about the fact that the Spirits are in fact Shido's friends/lovers (almost?) and thus by killing them, she would make him miserable. Luckily for her, Shido's an actual idiot with no real sense of right and wrong of his own that would still happily accept her as if nothing happened like he did before with her first betrayal (which was stupid enough as it was. There wasn't even a hint of conflict between them after that. It just went back to normal) and will again when this arc is over. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm probably not.
Her turning into a Spirit and being fine with it is also nice hypocrisy on her part (I know she said she'd kill herself after she killed the rest but still, she wreaked havoc to the surrounding area)
Animation was awful again.
This episode was also utterly tonedeaf with the tone being all over the place. Very bad comedic timing at the worst places and whatnot. Especially that Natsumi moment when she was transformed as Origami. It made no sense to have Natsumi react like that as if him being tied up was a mere funny inconvenience. It might've worked if the series portrayed it that way the previous episode, but they didn't.
Shido somehow still caring about Origami after she betrayed him for the second time.
It's sad, because I really liked the first two seasons. Though Origami was always the worst part for me. Such an annoying character.
At least Kurumi ( ie best girl) is back I guess. Hopefully they don't mess her up.
JakkoFourEyesFeb 22, 2019 8:28 PM
Feb 22, 2019 10:45 PM

Jul 2017
Origami has become the Spirit that she has hated all her life...and Shido still bent on the idea that he can save Origami, what a letdown.

And I swear that the comedic moments are really slotted in at the worst timings and places possible.

And the art and animation starting to take lots of hits, this is definitely J.C.Staff at the worst possible situation, having to deal with this and Index S3. Just pleading that Engi will do justice next week.

AND KURUMI THE QUEEN IS BACK! Next week that is...
Feb 22, 2019 11:04 PM

Mar 2017
BEST GIRL KURUMI IS BACK, BOYS!
Feb 22, 2019 11:49 PM

Sep 2010
Hoppy said:
Spirit Origami is so beautiful animated (I didn't realize her dress was that revealing at the bust, her tits are being covered by frills alone) and the big funnels are quite cool to see in action.
Not anywhere near as revealing as Tohka's inverted form dress, or Origami's DEM CR unit. Even Tohka's original astral dress, as drawn by AIC Plus+. The closer you look at them, the more lewd features you might notice, like transparencies, or more exposed skin than initially apparent.

NoviSun said:
Poor, Origami gone bad this episode. I don’t know about the wisdom of going to Kurumi for help though. Kurumi pretty much dances to her own tune.
No, I'm pretty sure Origami's just on a Kurumi-hunting spree. I think the Kurumi that Origami was dragging by the leg was much weaker than the one she's confronting on the roof though.

JakkoFourEyes said:
Origami can die for all I care. Tohka should've actually killed her. I don't buy her sudden switch to wanting to kill everyone again. I just don't. I don't care if she got any extra information on her parents, she should've been developed enough to at least care about the fact that the Spirits are in fact Shido's friends/lovers (almost?) and thus by killing them, she would make him miserable. Luckily for her, Shido's an actual idiot with no real sense of right and wrong of his own that would still happily accept her as if nothing happened like he did before with her first betrayal (which was stupid enough as it was. There wasn't even a hint of conflict between them after that. It just went back to normal) and will again when this arc is over. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm probably not.
Her turning into a Spirit and being fine with it is also nice hypocrisy on her part (I know she said she'd kill herself after she killed the rest but still, she wreaked havoc to the surrounding area)
Animation was awful again.
This episode was also utterly tonedeaf with the tone being all over the place. Very bad comedic timing at the worst places and whatnot. Especially that Natsumi moment when she was transformed as Origami. It made no sense to have Natsumi react like that as if him being tied up was a mere funny inconvenience. It might've worked if the series portrayed it that way the previous episode, but they didn't.
Shido somehow still caring about Origami after she betrayed him for the second time.
It's sad, because I really liked the first two seasons. Though Origami was always the worst part for me. Such an annoying character.
At least Kurumi ( ie best girl) is back I guess. Hopefully they don't mess her up.
Eh... I'm watching this mostly for Origami, and even I don't think much of it so far. >.< The sudden turn against Tohka, and the other spirits, doesn't make much sense. Given the conversation in the toilet with Shido in season 2, and a bunch of other events, you'd think she'd made peace with the sealed spirits.

I thought she'd have something of a breakdown when she realized she'd become a spirit, but no, she just intends to use her power to kill other spirits as per her previous mission. Sure, one of Origami's strengths in battle is that she's pragmatic, but this seems more hypocritical than pragmatic. If she isn't inherently evil or destructive in spirit form, then what about the other girls?

To be fair to Natsumi, she doesn't seem to know why Origami has tied Shido up, or what she plans to do. I don't think much of Miku trying to steal a kiss from Tohka while Origami has crashed not too far away.

Origami has proven many times to be a skilled, tactical fighter you'd want on your side. Rushing into the wrecked Raizen high school to get between Shido and Tohka, stealing White Licorice for the battle over Tenguu square, wounding Ellen with the blade in her boot, quickly stabbing Natsumi's photos with the knife... all moves you'd want from an ally. With her sudden change of heart, fighting Tohka, Miku, Yuzuru and Kaguya, not really anymore. >.>
TakataFeb 23, 2019 1:10 AM
Feb 22, 2019 11:53 PM
Feb 2019
Such a surprise that Origami could become a Spirit. But more importantly, Kurumi is getting ready to tease someone. hihi
Feb 23, 2019 1:22 AM
Sep 2015
Tonyic said:
Animation and Art quality took a massive hit this week. Is it because JC Staff is focusing on WW3 for Index? Overall, pretty meh episode. Hope Quality boosts up next week. Also the fact that they played Rondo in the Tohka vs Origami fight is an insult because that's my Waifu Miku's theme

again and again, JC Staff didn't made the animation of this episode. Just take a looks at the credit in the ending, it's ENGI and J-Cube Animation...
Feb 23, 2019 1:26 AM

Jul 2014
Ironic, Origami becomes a Spirit all because of her desire to destroy them. Even ignoring the character ramifications of this, it's interesting from a story perspective: we knew from Miku's backstory last season (and I suppose from Natsumi's brief flashback this episode) that Spirits sometimes "possess" (I don't think that's quite the right word for it, but it works well enough) ordinary humans, and now we've seen it happen. There's still quite a few thing I'm wondering about this whole process, so hopefully the show can now explain some of them. Also, I don't exactly think Kurumi is the best Spirit to try to slay first (as Mana can attest to), but if it brings best girl back into the picture it's fine by me.

Also, as a minor thing, why was Shido so sheepish about kissing Tohka to reseal her before the credits? I thought it might have been because the other girls were there, but that didn't stop him with Natsumi at the end of her arc so it can't be that.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

137 by Banana1233441 »»
Apr 24, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

199 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 23, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

118 by -DxP- »»
Apr 6, 1:45 PM

» who

Remoerus - Oct 29, 2021

16 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 28, 4:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.