Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 2019 4:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah so Masaki does have his regrets now. Too bad Orihata rejects him and his help.

Still, I gotta give Masaki some credit. No matter what happens, he still came to lending a helping hand in this 6th part of the Vs Imaginator arc.
Feb 22, 2019 6:12 AM

Apr 2017
Nice ending song.

Overall a pretty good arc.
Feb 22, 2019 6:24 AM

Dec 2017
damn, the society brainwashing themes are strong in this episode

up until these last two episodes it was unclear if what Jin is doing is for the good, but with this episode jigsaw falls into place, showing his true nature of granting people "happiness" was through brainwashing

btw, Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg was a nice reference to the whole brainwashing theme as well. probably one of the most popular German operas to premiere during Unification of Germany and Nazi propaganda

and so concludes the Boogiepop vs Imaginator arc. we're off to the next one
uninstallthegameFeb 22, 2019 6:39 AM
Feb 22, 2019 6:53 AM

Feb 2014
uninstallthegame said:

up until these last two episodes it was unclear if what Jin is doing is for the good, but with this episode jigsaw falls into place, showing his true nature of granting people "happiness" was through brainwashing

btw, Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg was a nice reference to the whole brainwashing theme as well. probably one of the most popular German operas to premiere during Unification of Germany and Nazi propaganda

To be fair, Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg is Boogiepop's theme, and not related to whoever does the brainwashing. Boogiepop already whistled a bit of it upon meeting Spooky Electric in Episode 5, and normally would have also whistled that in episode 3 upon appearing in front of Manticore (but the anime cut that out).
Feb 22, 2019 7:05 AM

Feb 2018
Boogiepop too op pls nerf
Feb 22, 2019 7:11 AM

Dec 2017
Hitsu said:
uninstallthegame said:

To be fair, Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg is Boogiepop's theme, and not related to whoever does the brainwashing. Boogiepop already whistled a bit of it upon meeting Spooky Electric in Episode 5, and normally would have also whistled that in episode 3 upon appearing in front of Manticore (but the anime cut that out).

oh, you're right. interesting, but what's the meaning of it then. people interpret it as a warning against cultural self-centeredness, it has anti-Semitic and racist views, hence why it was Hitler's favorite opera. honestly, i can't see how any of this fits Boogiepop's character, but oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i mean, it fits well in this arc as a reference to blind obedience or brainwashing, but as for Boogiepop's character as a whole makes me
Feb 22, 2019 7:14 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
uninstallthegame said:

Well damn....This series is truly something else

I'm a bit confused as to what happened to Imaginator though, so could any LN reader fill me in on what exactly happened to her? As well as if the Towa Organization will return?

Other than that, I'm very happy that Orihata survived and that she's able to be with Masaki and happily do so now too. Boogiepop is truly OP tho lol

Looking forward to the 4 episodes we're getting next though
Feb 22, 2019 7:39 AM
Nov 2017
Lululand said:
Am I the only one who doesn’t understand why its score’s so low? I’m really enjoying this anime.
cause brainlet can't follow the plot
Feb 22, 2019 7:42 AM

Dec 2017
Tokoya said:

I'm a bit confused as to what happened to Imaginator though, so could any LN reader fill me in on what exactly happened to her? As well as if the Towa Organization will return?

not being a LN reader myself, but from what i understood is that the Imaginator, the girl Suiko Minahoshi was an esper and she's already dead, but appears as some sort of ghost or spectral being. Boogiepop basically expelled her while confronting Jin

and Towa Organization.. idk, honestly. they research ways of mankind's evolution to control them, or rule, hence the name Towa = "rulers of Japan". but why Boogiepop says it's not his enemy confuses me as well

so yeah, maybe LN readers would enlighten us x)
Feb 22, 2019 7:43 AM
Mar 2016
Still liked the first arc more because of atmosphere and piecing together the puzzle. This one was just not satisfactory enough for arc named boogiepop vs imaginator ; i mean not enough boogiepop.

That said, this was my favorite ep of the arc because of boogiepop action.
Feb 22, 2019 8:04 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
About time really, some cool Boogiepop action this episode!

And thus ends the Imaginator v Boogiepop arc. It’s been a fairly long arc with a lot of things happening here and there and, in this episode, they finally converged together. Honestly though, I’d have to prefer the first arc over this because of the little rearranging game in the first two episodes, in particular.

Masaki’s confession to Orihata was a big relief for some reason, lol, but good thing Boogiepop saved the day! I was expecting a few grave casualties but Boogiepop is just too overpowered to let Imaginator and Jin to pull off such acts. Pretty darn cool fight scenes too! Suema just about misses the resolution of yet another event but I suppose it’s for the better. Masaki x Orihata brief scene at the end there with the lap pillow was very nice to see! Add Nagi to the mix and it’s even better, lol! I wonder how Jin will take all this and hopefully things won’t get too messy between Kinugawa and him.

Looking forward to seeing what the next four episodes, due tomorrow, have in store for us!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 22, 2019 8:08 AM

Sep 2018
Lululand said:
Am I the only one who doesn’t understand why its score’s so low? I’m really enjoying this anime.

Some people probably watched first 2-3 episodes,got confused about the plot ,gave a bad score and stoped watching.....
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 22, 2019 8:47 AM

Feb 2016
Good conclusion to this Imaginator arc, seems like Orihata and Masaki got a happy ending, I like that :)

there was some nice quotes on this episode like "People brainwash themselves fulfilling requirements in order to adapt to society"

I wonder what's to come next. Also, any info for the next episodes? Anilist says that a new episode is about to come in 2 days...
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 22, 2019 8:57 AM

Feb 2014
HereticHunter said:
Good conclusion to this Imaginator arc, seems like Orihata and Masaki got a happy ending, I like that :)

there was some nice quotes on this episode like "People brainwash themselves fulfilling requirements in order to adapt to society"

I wonder what's to come next. Also, any info for the next episodes? Anilist says that a new episode is about to come in 2 days...

It actually comes out tomorrow (the episode airs in about 16 hours in Japan). Four episodes back to back that will cover the sixth novel, and episode 14 will air as usual next friday (and start the fifth novel, which will be the last one the anime will cover).
Feb 22, 2019 8:59 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Next four episodes will air on AT-X tomorrow from 18:00 JST to 20:00 JST.
Feb 22, 2019 9:19 AM

Dec 2015
I really like how they ended the VS Imaginator Arc, and also the new ending song here is really good

Feb 22, 2019 9:29 AM

Feb 2016
Hitsu said:
HereticHunter said:

It actually comes out tomorrow (the episode airs in about 16 hours in Japan). Four episodes back to back that will cover the sixth novel, and episode 14 will air as usual next friday (and start the fifth novel, which will be the last one the anime will cover).

that's some good news, I knew that there were some Boogiepop special, but didn't knew when, thank you
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 22, 2019 9:37 AM

Mar 2017
That was amazing! By far the best episode so far!

I've been looking at Boogiepop all wrong though; i kept thinking 'why are they letting all these people suffer?' but Boogiepop isn't a hero and they're completely impartial until the pieces come together and they carry out their job... took me too long to get that haha
Feb 22, 2019 10:40 AM

Aug 2013
Nice to see Boogiepop in this episode.

Feb 22, 2019 10:42 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
uninstallthegame said:
Tokoya said:

not being a LN reader myself, but from what i understood is that the Imaginator, the girl Suiko Minahoshi was an esper and she's already dead, but appears as some sort of ghost or spectral being. Boogiepop basically expelled her while confronting Jin

and Towa Organization.. idk, honestly. they research ways of mankind's evolution to control them, or rule, hence the name Towa = "rulers of Japan". but why Boogiepop says it's not his enemy confuses me as well

so yeah, maybe LN readers would enlighten us x)
Thanks for the response on the former, I figured that she got exorcised or something but I wasn't sure

GoldenDevilGamer said:
Oh shit, it's coming out tomorrow =o Well damn lol
Feb 22, 2019 10:51 AM

May 2012
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Really ?! So we have 5 episodes this week ?

I did not even watch episode 9 yet.
Feb 22, 2019 1:00 PM
Jan 2019
this ep as well as this arc were amazing .. the conclusion was great and everything fell into its place ..

as for imaginator i think if we track this back to episode one of this arc (when she threw herself off of the school rooftop) she did say that boogipop had to find her before she actually reaches the floor
i think suiko had a mission to accomplish and by dying she was on a countdown (a.k.a her ghost reaching the floor as opposed to her body) and went to the next potential imaginator in jin to do so ... and while jin itself wasn't the enemy (nor towa org as they oppose no threat to humanity yet) boogipop had to find imaginator and she did and that was the end of it

the reason as to why i think that is because we onlysee suiko fall .. we never see her on the same level when she is suspended in the air ..

the ending song is great and fits quite well with the arc .. a fitting conclusion to the fitting conclusion if i say so myself

ALSO I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE 4 EPSIODES FIESTA TOMMOROW .. I AM BEYOND HAPPY
Feb 22, 2019 1:27 PM

May 2018
Ok so Orihata is ok, but who is that girl floating in the air whom Masaki is talking to when he down on the ground?????

And Suema should have recognize Boogiepop by her voice so why was she asking as to whom she was talking to?????
Feb 22, 2019 1:34 PM

Sep 2016
Tokoya said:
uninstallthegame said:

Other than that, I'm very happy that Orihata survived and that she's able to be with Masaki and happily do so now too. Boogiepop is truly OP tho lol

i recently just finished reading all of the english light novels, towa organization is pretty much the main overarching villain of the show and they're talked about in the next arc.

fourth book is fucking awful so beware of that next arc ya'll lol
Feb 22, 2019 2:04 PM
Jan 2009
Dorkave said:
Tokoya said:

i recently just finished reading all of the english light novels, towa organization is pretty much the main overarching villain of the show and they're talked about in the next arc.

The fourth book is going to get skipped in this adaption. for the remaining episodes we are going to get the 5th and 6th books.

I was wondering why you think the fourth book was awful? I really liked that one.
For your answer use spoiler tags.
Feb 22, 2019 2:20 PM

May 2015
Well that's another way to define "brainwashed." Conform to society!

"Music is highly effective in stirring people's emotions." It's one of the reasons why you always hear the radio playing in a store...It has a trance-like effect...

"The Towa Organization is not my enemy." Boogiepop is basically saying that you're fine as long as you don't screw up.

Boogiepop confronts Imaginator and ends his rather futile plan. And everyone lives except Imaginator who disappears. A nice conclusion to this arc. The ending theme stirred my emotions too hehe.
Feb 22, 2019 2:40 PM

Sep 2011
Boogiepop is too OP, please nerf! lol

So Asukai's crooked dream was as futile and ephemeral as snow falling in April, unable to amount to anything and condemned to melt away. This is actually a good thing considering what he was trying to do, but I feel bad for him. He felt too miserable and small. Masaki is really strong though! His earnest effort impressed even the disappearing Imaginator.

Poor Suema too, for a second time something big happened while she was on the sidelines. But well, maybe in the next arc she is going to be part of it more directly. She already was part of this, even if she doesn't realize it though. And I guess that Masaki and Orihata got themselves a happy end and that's nice, but poor Anou. :(
Feb 22, 2019 3:43 PM

Aug 2013
Lululand said:

Pretty common with interesting and atmospheric series (genre doesn't matter).
Take a look at Sakurada Reset score. It was even lower when it aired.
That's why any rating besides your own one doesn't matter at all.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 22, 2019 6:45 PM

Mar 2016
I missed Boogiepop. He is so mysterious and interesting.

Still don't like Masaki. His relationship with Orihata is kind of boring.

Nagi did almost nothing. Hope she gets more attention next time.

I am glad Boogiepop explained about Jin only creating temporary changes. It hadn't been making sense to me when I thought about it psychologically. Hope we get to see Anou again just to know how he ended up.

Orihata wasn't human? I think they did mention it in a previous episode, but I am not sure. I should probably rewatch yet again.

Are we getting a new ending theme or is it just for this episode? I like this new one much more.
Feb 22, 2019 9:02 PM

Sep 2017
Interesting finale of this arc. So Jin's plan was going to fail regardless of whether boogiepop did anything. I wondering why boogiepop showed up now of all times. The only thing I can think of is because Suema had hinted at that there would be stuff going on at this park, so boogiepop shows up to exorcise the imaginator or whatever. Now I'm trying to think if there was any other time that boogiepop would have known Jin was the imaginator and could have easily found him. Idk probably won't know unless I read the novel someday and get a better explanation.
Feb 22, 2019 10:42 PM

Aug 2018
Not 100% on all the details of what happened but was entertained nonetheless :)
Feb 22, 2019 11:07 PM
Mar 2015
Boogiepop saves the day. Orihata and Misaki are reunited. Suema is confused. The Imaginator is finally gone. Jin is tied up.
Feb 22, 2019 11:25 PM

May 2015
Boogiepop for Smash.
Feb 22, 2019 11:28 PM

Feb 2014
Dorkave said:
Tokoya said:

Fourth book is actually the best one out of the first six, so we're missing out.
Feb 22, 2019 11:45 PM

Jun 2015
that was a good conclusion for this arc, i'm glad masaki and orihata can now get what they can of a "normal" life after that
Feb 23, 2019 12:15 AM
Oct 2018
I swear to god Madhouse are absolute teasers with how Boogiepop is being handled. Every time we get a glimpse of Boogiepop in action it's pretty much just that, a glimpse. urgh! Woulda been nice to see a bit more of how she'd handle those clowns same way we got to see the other guy fighting. Hnggg. I know it's not an action based genre but eh.
Feb 23, 2019 12:17 AM
Oct 2018
Overall this arc was a huge improvement over the first one imo. The first one was arguably too confusing with having to introduce multiple characters, explaining an already weird mystery alongside shape shifters(??) and with little to time do either properly.
Feb 23, 2019 3:17 AM

Feb 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Will they be streamed in crunchyroll right away too?
The negative effects of my long life as a shut-in are kicking in now?
Feb 23, 2019 3:27 AM
Apr 2016
Still cnt figure bout the orihata picture... Anyone got any idea whats the pic? I only saw some dark red color as like she is bleeding or something?
Feb 23, 2019 4:33 AM

Sep 2016
Chaos_Alfa said:
Dorkave said:

The fourth book is going to get skipped in this adaption. for the remaining episodes we are going to get the 5th and 6th books.

I was wondering why you think the fourth book was awful? I really liked that one.

Feb 23, 2019 4:36 AM

Sep 2016
Hitsu said:
Dorkave said:

Fourth book is actually the best one out of the first six, so we're missing out.

read my explanation above. my apologies if some of it doesn't make sense? i just don't really remember much of the fourth novel as a way to repress bad memories lol
Feb 23, 2019 4:37 AM

Sep 2016
VanishingKira said:
Probably in the minority here but I liked the first arc better.

i generally liked the first novel better than the second and third because of the horror aspect, so i agree with you on that, but madhouse did a shitty job adapting the first book which is why all of it is a confusing mess
Feb 23, 2019 5:15 AM
Jan 2009
Dorkave said:
Chaos_Alfa said:

Feb 23, 2019 5:16 AM

Sep 2016
Chaos_Alfa said:
Dorkave said:

I remember Kirima Nagi saying, “Your friends are alive and well.” At the end of the book, and something else that would allude to this being true.
Feb 23, 2019 5:17 AM

Sep 2016
Chaos_Alfa said:
Dorkave said:

i’m friending you because i need more boogiepop friends
Feb 23, 2019 5:30 AM
Jan 2009
Dorkave said:
Chaos_Alfa said:

I remember Kirima Nagi saying, “Your friends are alive and well.” At the end of the book, and something else that would allude to this being true.

Feb 23, 2019 5:34 AM

Sep 2016
Chaos_Alfa said:
Dorkave said:

mayhaps. overall, i still thought it was a shitty novel and i was glad that king of distortion was a great improvement although it had its share of flaws too. boogiepop at dawn is my all time favorite novel so far , so i hope to god they adapt it well considering the fact they haven’t adapted the first arc well either
Feb 23, 2019 8:31 AM
Jan 2019
Another anomaly resolved thanks to Boogiepop. It was a relatively happy ending for Orihata, I liked it. I hope to see more about the Towa Organization in the future.
Feb 23, 2019 8:41 AM
Jul 2009
Dorkave said:
Chaos_Alfa said:

mayhaps. overall, i still thought it was a shitty novel and i was glad that king of distortion was a great improvement although it had its share of flaws too. boogiepop at dawn is my all time favorite novel so far , so i hope to god they adapt it well considering the fact they haven’t adapted the first arc well either

I think King of Distortion is much better novel than At Dawn. The latter is too focused on Nagi and doesn't have enough Boogiepop. King of Distortion brings back characters from the first novel and gives them some much needed closure. It also has a lot of Boogiepop. That's always a plus in my book.
Feb 23, 2019 8:43 AM

Sep 2016
1idd0kun said:
Dorkave said:

I think King of Distortion is much better novel than At Dawn. The latter is too focused on Nagi and doesn't have enough Boogiepop. King of Distortion brings back characters from the first novel and gives them some much needed closure. It also has a lot of Boogiepop. That's always a plus in my book.

that’s true, but at dawn has a really great setting and atmosphere and also does answer a lot of our biggest questions about the series. i do enjoy distortion a lot for the character development and the theme, but because i look at boogiepop for its more horrific aspects, i found the overall prose and horror factor larger in the sixth book. they both are edging in quality , almost a near tie
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

104 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

45 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

32 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

43 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

42 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.