Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 19, 2019 10:09 AM

Apr 2018
I came here for the sole purpose of getting a gif version of the Salt Bae at the start of the episode but nobody did it.. aw
Feb 19, 2019 10:11 AM

Dec 2012
Grey-Zone said:
jaw201 said:

I'm pretty sure on what they omitted but what exactly did they change? I couldn't really notice the changes.

Milim left without Dragon Knuckles (unless they'll later explain that she got those off-screen at some point).
Rimuru went alone and directly to Ingraccia instead of going with the 3 adventurers to Blumund first. So he never learned Demon Summoning from the examiner for the adventurer test.
Well, the map showed that he passed through Blumund so they can still show that part in a future OVA what Rimuru might have done when he "stopped by". Alternatively Rimuru can learn Demon Summoning from the Freedom Guild HQ since its a spell neccessary for examiners of B-rank subjugation-adventurer exams.

I guess it really did all probably happen off-screen (apart from Cabal's trio travelling with him), because Rimuru showed that he had gotten a travel pass from Fuze when he entered Ingraccia.
Feb 19, 2019 11:30 AM

Aug 2017
It seems that the show likes hot spring. So, it's already been 2 years for Rimuru.

Now, Rimuru is a teacher lol
NurguburuFeb 19, 2019 12:00 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 19, 2019 12:11 PM
Jan 2019
This last episode made me realise something:
I VE watched quite a few isekai animes but this one feels like it's 10 classes above all of them (maybe except overlord wich is almost as good in its own way)
Btw what do u think about the odds of a second season ? I would love a second season tho.
RAWn1Feb 19, 2019 12:14 PM
Feb 19, 2019 12:56 PM

Jan 2013
jaw201 said:
Well, the extra bath Onsen scenes were included in the anime. But I mean, if the skip isn't noticeable then there should be no reason to complain right? Because that means that they can still reshuffle events such that they either happen after certain other events. By completely cutting it out they are leaving the door open to reshuffle the material back in. Either as a side story season or as a series of OVAs. I mean, I honestly thought nothing important that couldn't have been added back into a potential season two was lost. So I guess that's my two cents.
I prefer studios cutting out content like this, if they need to rush it, because then they can still add it back in in order to follow the same general story from the source material. With the added benefit of having the audience not be in the dark with what is going on in the story.

Do they need to rush it though?

If it is popular, they would get a second (third) season.

If it isn't, rushing it not going to help that much.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Feb 19, 2019 4:14 PM

Apr 2016
this might be the worst direction possible you can take this anime. from a battle manga to a fucking slice of life teaching arc.
Feb 19, 2019 4:29 PM

Feb 2017
Mywifesson said:
this might be the worst direction possible you can take this anime. from a battle manga to a fucking slice of life teaching arc.

if you take a close look at tensura , the plot/story has always been slice of slime life based . hmm, I wonder how could you have been so been so blinded
Feb 19, 2019 5:44 PM
Oct 2018
Mywifesson said:

and it still has a whooping 8.4~ score lol and keep being praised as the "best" isekai out there. this is just good, but not even that great. Just because 2018 is the year where the trashiest isekais emerge (Conception, Magic of Ragnarok, Death March, Isekai Maou) doesn't mean this is the best out here.

We are getting clear butchered arcs starting ep 15 onwards and its becoming a chore
to watch. The first half was really good but now they are trying to fit everything in the remaining episodes
Feb 19, 2019 6:33 PM

May 2013
LilyWhiteheart said:
I came here for the sole purpose of getting a gif version of the Salt Bae at the start of the episode but nobody did it.. aw

Don't worry, the internet is fast AF!

~~

Nice episode, so far enjoying the heck of this anime.
Plus Shion >>
Feb 19, 2019 6:49 PM

Feb 2017
Nezperdian said:
I can't believe it. They removed the

let's keep it for the ova potential
Feb 19, 2019 6:52 PM

Apr 2016
nina444 said:
Mywifesson said:

if you take a close look at tensura , the plot/story has always been slice of slime life based . hmm, I wonder how could you have been so been so blinded

Wrong. It is not a slice of life it is a world building anime with combat abilities, the pivotal anchor to the story is his abilities to get the power of things he defeats in combat and eats. The reason people are summoned into the world is to do battle. Watch the OP see fighting.

*pat pat*
Feb 19, 2019 7:15 PM

Feb 2017
Mywifesson said:
nina444 said:

Wrong. It is not a slice of life it is a world building anime with combat abilities, the pivotal anchor to the story is his abilities to get the power of things he defeats in combat and eats. The reason people are summoned into the world is to do battle. Watch the OP see fighting.

*pat pat*

dont get wrong I never said slife is the only theme in tensura , I said tensura is slife based series .

just fyi every battle in tensura is really short , this is not action/battle based series .

to put it into perspective if tensura ever gets 2nd season , almost the whole story will be about rimuru and the gang having fun in life and him being a politician .
the main theme is about slife after all , it's all about the slime and his nation of monsters - tempest . battle/action are nthn but side dishes , so most of em are really short
Lab_Rat_0978Feb 19, 2019 11:39 PM
Feb 19, 2019 7:31 PM

Feb 2019
Mywifesson said:
nina444 said:

*pat pat*

There are several animes where they show the magic and magical powers exist, but always the anime not focuses on fights like mahoutsukai no yome, in this case rimuru use their skills to help people like to create potions and weapons, in 20 episodes the action and fights have been punctual the first fight as such was with the spirit Ifrit, with the orc lord and charibdys this being totally anticlimactic to prove the point.

Abyhape said:

what do you mean by that?
I mean, why it's gonna hype if Rimuru's the one defeated though?
or it isn't really defeated, instead of he's manipulating her or something like that?

I think mickbis is refering to those who keep complaining about Rimuru being some OP Gary Stu who easily resolves everything without even trying with his power and "talk-no-justsu".

let's say it's not as exaggerated as Naruto, starting because the "enemies" in the first place or have such strong convictions to seek a harried conflict with Rimuru, part in thanks to these characters have common sense since instead seek to benefit from this as the dwarf king.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 14, 2020 1:15 AM
Feb 19, 2019 9:01 PM
Dec 2018
Mywifesson said:
nina444 said:

*pat pat*

TenSura is a slice of life anime with some battle scenes, but the main focus is just Rimuru having a good time being a slime.
Feb 19, 2019 9:29 PM

Jul 2016
im just so glad that they done it surprisingly pretty good. i just realized that they probably gonna end the season with veldora free from the endless prison. cant wait for that ! and btw that sald bae reference was ef-fing unexpected lol
Feb 20, 2019 2:46 AM

Jun 2017
This episode is better than the previous one, lots of references to other mangas/animes and there was a 4th wall breaking here. I noticed that starting from this episode, the show will focus on what Rimuru would do with the kids.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 20, 2019 3:06 AM

Dec 2013
This show has gone in a slightly unexpected direction.

Funny how that guy was so happy about hearing more about various series.
Feb 20, 2019 7:42 PM
Oct 2018
small detail but they should be calling rimuru a “she” not he. the kids didn’t know anything about his past.
Feb 21, 2019 1:48 AM
Oct 2018
revyHOLiC said:
Yuuki looks strong but maybe he's actually weak.

OOOOOOOOOFFFF ..... you haven't seen anything yet
Feb 21, 2019 2:00 AM

Feb 2017
Renzoku_Rentou said:
revyHOLiC said:
Yuuki looks strong but maybe he's actually weak.

OOOOOOOOOFFFF ..... you haven't seen anything yet

Feb 21, 2019 5:23 AM

Mar 2014
I’m kinda sad they skipped the exchange of envoys with Karion’s nation. I was looking foward to the fight between Shion and Sphia and the development of shipping supplies at the afterparty.
Feb 21, 2019 8:52 AM
Jun 2017
Finally an explanation of why Otherworlders and Summons are so OP.
Feb 21, 2019 6:12 PM

Apr 2018
This ep was pretty good and interesting. Never forget what Shizu regret was and he's finally taken action. Hmmm, Rimuru as a teacher?!?!?!
Feb 22, 2019 4:34 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I truly was expecting him to have been there for 6 months at best but you know what? I love how they started 2 years as it only shows how this is complicated and time-consuming seeing how he reached what he has in a span is really is well thought and reflects the level he's at.

We're finally where we're supposed to be looks like the humans might just be the most advanced species on that as well and here I thought the dwarves had something big.
EoussamaFeb 22, 2019 4:41 AM
Feb 23, 2019 5:23 AM

Jan 2011
Thanks for the info on Five Star Stories, Rimuru. I was iffy on starting it when it's still ongoing, but if each volume has it's own ending that sounds good to me.
Feb 23, 2019 6:02 AM

Sep 2018
The beginning and the end of this episode, have ruined the central part of the narrative. Finally a serious situation had appeared and everything was ruined in seconds, how sad! I hope that the opportunity that has been lost in this episode is reoccurring, otherwise this anime has nothing more to say for me.
Feb 23, 2019 9:10 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting episode

I had this weird feeling something was off

Turns out it was as ppls said, they skipped and changed some stuff.

And it apparently was due to the anime directors wanting the anime to be rushed because of episode limits and wanting to quicken the main plots as to individual plots.

___ ___ ___

Yea, I would have to recommend the same as other ppls, read the Manga. (however the anime is catching up to the most recent scanlated manga chapter)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 23, 2019 10:41 PM
Dec 2018
amlg said:
Interesting episode

I had this weird feeling something was off

Turns out it was as ppls said, they skipped and changed some stuff.

And it apparently was due to the anime directors wanting the anime to be rushed because of episode limits and wanting to quicken the main plots as to individual plots.

___ ___ ___

Yea, I would have to recommend the same as other ppls, read the Manga. (however the anime is catching up to the most recent scanlated manga chapter)

It wasn't the director that changed it, it was the production committee that forced them to adapt this much. In fact, Fuse, the author of the series, actually came on to help the studio write the episodes because they had to change the narrative and move certain parts around in the story. Most of the stuff that they cut out, was cut out completely to probably be added back in as OVAs or in a potential season two, in order to reorient the narrative back to where its supposed to be after the fact.
Feb 23, 2019 11:37 PM

Dec 2014
only five episodes to go...nice he is doing that for shizu
Feb 24, 2019 10:41 AM

May 2015
Lets be honest. Salt meme won this time.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 24, 2019 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
FF 19... :'D That's still quite a long time from us.
I loved all the references, though I wasn't expecting things like Houseki no Kuni and even TenSura itself on one of the covers.
But the most unexpected of all, the salt sprinkling meme... :D I love this anime. So many references (like the Dragon Quest ones and even the fusion dance from Dragon Ball in an earlier episode).

Milim was pretty cute in the beginning, though I'm surprised no one bats an eye with Rimuru joining the girls in the bath :P

I'm still very satisfied with Rimuru's human form resembling Shizue and also how he uses that cool mask. It's great that we keep coming back to Shizue and her importance in the story.
I wonder who Chloe is, and why Veldora seemed to have reacted to her. Perhaps something to do with the hero who defeated him back in the day?

Has it really been two years since he arrived? Damn, time sure flies.
RazielZeroFeb 24, 2019 4:19 PM
Feb 24, 2019 4:19 PM
Mar 2018
Salt Bae? The fucking SALT BAE MEME!!! I'm like speechless at how desperate anime has become to include outdated memes and western ferences, to be called a genius even more. Make something new for once, like the cabbage guy from The Last Aribender. Or the foaming guy from The Last Airbender. Fucking shit if last airbender would've come out this season as well, this anime would be unseen...
Feb 24, 2019 6:40 PM

Feb 2017
RazielZero said:
FF 19... :'D That's still quite a long time from us.
I loved all the references, though I wasn't expecting things like Houseki no Kuni and even TenSura itself on one of the covers.
But the most unexpected of all, the salt sprinkling meme... :D I love this anime. So many references (like the Dragon Quest ones and even the fusion dance from Dragon Ball in an earlier episode).

Milim was pretty cute in the beginning, though I'm surprised no one bats an eye with Rimuru joining the girls in the bath :P

I'm still very satisfied with Rimuru's human form resembling Shizue and also how he uses that cool mask. It's great that we keep coming back to Shizue and her importance in the story.
I wonder who Chloe is, and why Veldora seemed to have reacted to her. Perhaps something to do with the hero who defeated him back in the day?

Has it really been two years since he arrived? Damn, time sure flies.

there are in fact 19 FF out there u know .

rimuru is just a slime , don't mind him😂 let's pretend he's just a toy floating around in the bath .

both rimuru and yukki literally broke the 4th wall multiple times lol
it looks like rimuru has read his own story , and yukki was like "whoa~ so that's what happened in the last episode ?" xD

tensura anime skipped too many stuff...
too many stuff
had they not skipped anythn , I bet it would've taken almost 50 episodes for em to reach this shizu students arc

DonTrumpolino said:
Salt Bae? The fucking SALT BAE MEME!!! I'm like speechless at how desperate anime has become to include outdated memes and western ferences, to be called a genius even more. Make something new for once, like the cabbage guy from The Last Aribender. Or the foaming guy from The Last Airbender. Fucking shit if last airbender would've come out this season as well, this anime would be unseen...

it has nthn to do with western preference mumbo jumbo , this salt bae meme somehow pretty popular in japan

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 14, 2020 1:17 AM
Feb 25, 2019 5:58 AM

Oct 2008
good episode! so these 5 children were the ones shown on the ED visuals huh...
so i hope we get to see some gaiden series of this Tensura because there's a lot of story for Shizue's end...
5/5.

Feb 25, 2019 9:34 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
DonTrumpolino said:

Uhhh...except for in every country that DOESNT jizz in their pants for Avatar like you do apparently 🤨 yikes.
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Feb 25, 2019 9:40 AM

Sep 2011
nina444 said:

I guess that's true in a way, but I mostly meant the numbered "main series", and not all the spin-offs, sequels, prequels and so on :D
Feb 25, 2019 10:13 AM
Mar 2018
nina444 said:

rimuru is just a slime , don't mind him😂 let's pretend he's just a toy floating around in the bath .

both rimuru and yukki literally broke the 4th wall multiple times lol
it looks like rimuru has read his own story , and yukki was like "whoa~ so that's what happened in the last episode ?" xD

tensura anime skipped too many stuff...
too many stuff
had they not skipped anythn , I bet it would've taken almost 50 episodes for em to reach this shizu students arc

He's less of a slime and more of a Ditto. An overpowered Ditto with a harem. So he's more like a pimp than a slime..

And 4th wall breaks have become a standard, but in this anime they rather feel like the writers went "oh yeah 4th wall, we gonna break this and then do a bit of this reference and that trope here and there. And just have pages 1 through 50 of the trope encyclopedia in the next 6 episodes done". SO it's a bit too much of everything, while they also want to build tension and make it grime or shocking. Just too much to focus on a particular direction. So it comes natural that they can't keep all the stuff of the source in it. Which anime can? Most of them use just the loudest plot devices and build something around it. As long as Rimuru doesn't transform into a giant mecha princess and flies into space, everythings fine...
Mar 1, 2019 9:20 PM

Jul 2016
Wait, did they really make a reference of that salt dude meme? Well, without a doubt, the last place I would find such thing so I'm not sure how I should feel.

That said, the Houseki no Kuni reference sure was nice.

It was an interesting episode. I was a bit surprised when it was said that Rimuru has been in that world for 2 years and honestly, I think the studio did a poor job in portraying that passage of time but well.

The part when Yuki explained the situation of those kids who were summoned as future heroes was both interesting and sad to hear. I hope Rimuru can help them as a way to honor Shizue's will.
Mar 2, 2019 8:15 AM
Feb 2017
Hey that's exactly the pace I want
Mar 11, 2019 5:28 PM

Apr 2009
Instant library printing machine! LOL

Looks like this Hinata was the one Rimuru was fighting in one of the earlier OP scenes, hmmm?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 12, 2019 5:03 PM

May 2018
I noticed Land of the Lustrous on the top of the Manga pile Rinmaru created LOL and all in all it was rather a nice episode. Hopefully this is a sign that it will be picking up in quality again after a little slump for the past few episodes IMO.
Mar 21, 2019 1:20 AM

May 2012
Interesting direction shift, this sure looks like this will be going forwards to a quite long story which is really lovely actually as the pacing and story of this is just great in general.

Looking forwards to see what happens now that he is a teacher of these kids and how he'll manage to help them out.
Mar 22, 2019 3:17 PM
Jan 2019
The Salt Bea killed me.
Apr 3, 2019 10:00 PM

Jul 2013
I'd rather Rimuru build a powerful nation that teach kids tbh. Also, two years have passed since then? Damn. The results are obvious though, look at his country.
Apr 10, 2019 1:17 PM

May 2013
Ooouuuu, first time we've ever seen Rimuru cry ;O although they were Shizu-chan's tears, technically :P

Lmao, Rimuru was beating around the bush so much that he got misunderstood smh xD
that clash of their kicks was pretty badass

The kiddos look kinda cute. I like orange's hair hehe
Wonder what made Veldora react to the little girl :0
Apr 21, 2019 10:27 AM
Aug 2017
Yuuki, haah...

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMar 14, 2020 1:06 AM
Jun 22, 2019 11:24 PM

Mar 2015
That salt bae reference lmao
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 4, 2019 6:52 AM

Oct 2013
A feast was organised and Geld became good friends with Gabiru! :D

The capital surely looks like one with all these technologies and general look.

Rimuru introduced himself to the Guildmaster in the worst possible way by telling him how he can mimic those who were devoured earlier by Rimuru himself, lol.
AdnashNov 24, 2019 10:08 AM
Nov 24, 2019 6:52 AM

Sep 2012
Adnash93 said:
A feast was organised and Geld became good friends with Gabiru! :D

The capital surely looks like on with all these technologies and general look.

Rimuru introduced himself to the Guildmaster in the worst possible way by telling him how he can mimic those who were devoured earlier by Rimuru himself, lol.

IKR, what a idiot lol
Jun 18, 2020 10:27 AM
Oct 2016
how come shizu or the other guy didnt die in 5 years
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2019

129 by SpikeVann »»
Today, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 19, 5:17 AM

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.