Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 2019 5:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Fiamma of the Right is no joke. No wonder he's the leader of the God's Right Seat. Everyone struggles against him including Vento, Touma, etc.

Also, we finally got Accelerator vs Misaka Worst this episode. Been waiting for this since years ago ever since I've read the LN. Of course it got into a bloody mess. Acceleator's expression turned out to be quite something in that fight...
Stark700Feb 15, 2019 5:28 AM
Feb 15, 2019 5:52 AM

Apr 2014
The storyboarding person got switched to a retard...again, CV did their best, especially Accel’s, god bless his throat. But the visuals and how they frame the scenes, ugh...

I think the directing team may have actually all bailed, expects severely shit and disappointing WW3. I spend 20 minutes looking at the screen and shaking my head saying “that’s not how this scene should go”.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Feb 15, 2019 6:33 AM

Aug 2013
Just...ugh. I'm so mad particularly this time because Okamoto deserves better from the staff to complement his stellar performance in this episode. This is not budget or time constraint, just pure utter shite laziness from the fucktards responsible for direction and storyboard.
Feb 15, 2019 6:38 AM

Apr 2014
loli_a_ravioli said:
Just...ugh. I'm so mad particularly this time because Okamoto deserves better from the staff to complement his stellar performance in this episode. This is not budget or time constraint, just pure utter shite laziness from the fucktards responsible for direction and storyboard.

Okamoto is god like, carried the episode on his performance. I think if we remove the visuals and literally replace it with scrolling text it would be more immersive. The visuals really took me out of the episode, I had better enjoyment when I literally treat the episode as a drama CD, which is really sad thing to say about an anime.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Feb 15, 2019 6:46 AM

Dec 2015

nani da fuck ?????
Tsukumo_YuumaFeb 15, 2019 6:57 AM
Feb 15, 2019 6:52 AM

Aug 2013
ap1001 said:
loli_a_ravioli said:

Okamoto is god like, carried the episode on his performance. I think if we remove the visuals and literally replace it with scrolling text it would be more immersive. The visuals really took me out of the episode, I had better enjoyment when I literally treat the episode as a drama CD, which is really sad thing to say about an anime.

>just tried listening the accel part without watching it
>actually get a bit emotional just like few years ago when I read the part from the book

Literally what the fuck. I would gladly trade this entire shitshow of a show for a series of CD Drama depicting the pivotal moments.

And speaking of CD Drama, have you tried listening the one from the Virtual-on crossover? There's quite a nice Touma and Misaki moment in it.
loli_a_ravioliFeb 15, 2019 6:57 AM
Feb 15, 2019 8:35 AM

Nov 2016
How retarded Accel is. Just kill that Misaka worst ffs
Feb 15, 2019 8:45 AM

Apr 2014
revyHOLiC said:
How retarded Accel is. Just kill that Misaka worst ffs

The point was he doesn’t want to do it, he swore an oath to protect the sisters with his life, to do everything he can to atone for his mistake.

And AC trampled over all of it, he thought he knew how evil AC is, he doesn’t. The fact AC would do anything to win broke him, he kills this one what next? They produce another one, and another one and another one, maybe even one that looks like LO just to really fuck him up.

The horror of AC’s godlike depravity shattered his sanity.
Feb 15, 2019 8:58 AM

Jul 2012
Just had the thought that can't believe i see Misaka Worst animated. Well unfortunately let's say not how i imagined it ...
Touma vs Accel coming up again!
Feb 15, 2019 10:23 AM

Nov 2014
Accels part was great.
Touma... I don't really care.
Feb 15, 2019 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
That was painful to watch. They used one frame for a whole 5 seconds, I legit thought my server was lagging

The Accel beating Worst tho was fucking Brutal.
Devil_SlayerFeb 15, 2019 11:22 AM
Feb 15, 2019 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
loli_a_ravioli said:
ap1001 said:

>just tried listening the accel part without watching it
>actually get a bit emotional just like few years ago when I read the part from the book

Literally what the fuck. I would gladly trade this entire shitshow of a show for a series of CD Drama depicting the pivotal moments.

And speaking of CD Drama, have you tried listening the one from the Virtual-on crossover? There's quite a nice Touma and Misaki moment in it.

There is some Touma x Misaki in the actual game as well. Although it only gives sad feelings with how Touma is all over Index and how Misaki have to put up with her issue every time they meet.
Feb 15, 2019 11:21 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, that was brutal.
Feb 15, 2019 11:51 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, Accelerator really lost his hit in his battle against Misaka Worst. 'd expected the fight to be partially brutal, but that was very naive of me. It got very bloody early on and the brutalness only got more intense as the fight went on. I though for a second that Misaka Worst died, until she started twitching again.

Not forgetting, Fiamma's scene also contained that part of pulling Vento's tongue chain completely off, which caused a lot of blood. Ouch...

The visuals continue to me inconstant, though. It goes from one scene where the character art and animation looked very good, then the next scene make that effort go to waste with derpy frames. Honestly, J.C Staff can do better than this in 2019. Even White Fox was more consistent than this, despite their animation issues with Steins;Gate 0 and Goblin Slayer last year. =/

A good episode this still is, but It still could've been much better if J.C tried harder with the visuals. It's like Persona 5 Animation all over again...
Feb 15, 2019 11:58 AM

Nov 2016
Really intense episode.

Loved ma boy Accelerator going crazy <3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 15, 2019 12:31 PM
Jun 2017
Touma VS accelerator next episode. This season is pretty good. I hope new testament will get animated.
Feb 15, 2019 12:33 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Accelerator beating up Misaka Worst was brutal.

Feb 15, 2019 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
As expected Accelerator had trouble fighting Misaka Worst, but mercilessly dealt with her once she tried to harm Last Order, he managed to disable her, but without killing her in the process and still had a mental breakdown. He recovered fast though and is even saving her now...
I know exactly why i love this guy and need him to have much more screentime. Can't wait till he gets his own anime.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 15, 2019 2:25 PM

Jul 2017
The first half was boring asf. So much superficial, terrible dialogue with no weight behind it. I didn’t understand what the hell Fiamma was talking about.

Accelerator did his best to salvage this episode. He’s the true MC of this series. He easily has the best parts.

I liked watching his breakdown and his development was handled really well.
FlexstyleFeb 15, 2019 3:25 PM
Feb 15, 2019 2:29 PM

Apr 2014
OG_Gattsu said:
The first half was boring asf. So much superficial, terrible dialogue with no weight behind it. I didn’t understand what the hell Fiamma was talking about.

Accelerator did his best to salvage this episode. He’s the true MC of this series.He easily has the best parts.

I liked watching his breakdown and his development was handled really well.

The first part was an issue mainly due to anime presentation, it is quite a revelation if you do a bit of digging into toaru lore, and ties into the ultimate idea that Fiamma is indeed doing something great for the salvation of humankind. (set up back in OT4 and OT13 respectively)

Well...it doesn't really fully justify WW3 and all the people he attempted to kill to save humanity, but he was unto something when he took action.

The thing with Fiamma is that, he kind of is correct and doing something very good. He just...kind of overdid it.

Accel's part is indeed great, best story path of the 3 MCs during OT, Touma's happen in NT is my personal favorite, but Accel does grab the spotlight for his redemption arc in OT.

As for Hamazura, eghhhh, he kind of is there, I love him, but he doesn't really have an arc centered to him, he is just there, as a bug in the system.
ap1001Feb 15, 2019 2:51 PM
Feb 15, 2019 2:36 PM

May 2018
Ok, so why is accelerator's issue with killing a bunch of Misaka clones like that so called worst?????
Feb 15, 2019 3:12 PM

Dec 2013
Terkhev said:
Accels part was great.

Lmao. What else is new? This is also my mindset with this series.

Unless their names are Accelerator, Misaka, or closely related to the two, then I generally tune out of anything going on on screen and a majority of the dialogue.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Feb 15, 2019 3:27 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm Misaka worst huh. She certainly gives off a different feel. Vento was just way too overconfident for her own good something that was exploited way too well here. Misaka Worst's combat ability sure is pretty impressive. Sending her against Accelerator sure was a cunning move considering the actions that lay between him and the Misaka clones. While his counterattack was satisfying to watch it was also interesting to see that he also suffers from the trauma that came from hunting down and killing the Misaka clones. Quite the intense ep actually. This arc sure knows how to balance tension with action thats for sure. Curious to see where this goes from here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2019 3:57 PM

Jul 2017
Wow that was intense! Spotlight definitely goes to Misaka Worst vs Accelerator. She was set on destroying Accelerator, she made him remember of his past experience with the Misakas and the experiment.. basically she was the worst thing that could happen to Accel at that moment. Man, he went berserk right on the spot, loved that scene! But, he has come a long way, he's gonna defy those who only see him as a destruction machine, really admired his inner strength, well done my dude!

This arc has been great so far, can't wait for the next episode!
WaterLordFeb 15, 2019 7:07 PM
Feb 15, 2019 4:26 PM

Jun 2017
Kuro_Yuuki said:
Terkhev said:
Accels part was great.

Lmao. What else is new? This is also my mindset with this series.

Unless their names are Accelerator, Misaka, or closely related to the two, then I generally tune out of anything going on on screen and a majority of the dialogue.

Obviously because science > magic duh
Feb 15, 2019 4:27 PM

Apr 2015
Fiamma was really something, so strong. Vento got what she deserved, underestimated Fiamma's power way too much and payed for it.

Accelerator vs Misaka Worst was amazingly brutal. The way Accelerator lost his shit was so well done by Okamoto.
Feb 15, 2019 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
if you forget again about the animation this episode was actually pretty good , they made the break down and brutal fight of accelerator painful to watch like it should be thanks to Okamoto carrying it
Feb 15, 2019 6:01 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i said it 100x and ill say it again

Feb 15, 2019 6:10 PM

Nov 2016
Did Fiamma would fight with Accel later? Tbh i wanna see them clash
Feb 15, 2019 6:51 PM

Apr 2014
revyHOLiC said:
Did Fiamma would fight with Accel later? Tbh i wanna see them clash

Short answer, no, long answer, it depends on how you define clash.
Feb 15, 2019 7:09 PM

Jul 2017
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

Lmao i noticed it as well. Even if it was shown for a little while, that was some thicc shit right there bro.
Feb 15, 2019 7:42 PM
Mar 2014
.....I thought the video player glitched out when they stopped on that one frame for like 5 seconds lol.
Feb 15, 2019 7:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
WaterLord said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

Lmao i noticed it as well. Even if it was shown for a little while, that was some thicc shit right there bro.

im pretty sure everyone noticed that

if they didnt, they aren't men of culture
Feb 15, 2019 8:03 PM
Jan 2016
Fianma is truly no joke!

Accelarator vs Misaka worst was really brutal, he went crazy, but i think he got some development, looks like he will save that Misaka Worst!

I am really curious more! Hyped aswell!
Feb 15, 2019 9:33 PM

Jan 2008
Felt like the only foreshadowing of her appearance has been the community itself. Her introduction feels kind of out of no where. Wished they had hinted more on her or something in the previous arcs or something.
Feb 15, 2019 11:39 PM

Nov 2017
Terkhev said:
Accels part was great.

That's everyone watching this show
If it wasn't for Accelerator I would've ditched this show a LONG LONG time ago
Feb 16, 2019 12:54 AM

Feb 2015
Don't really get why Touma cares for Index she's a parasite who offers nothing. She's has like 5 mins screen time this whole series and were supposed to care?

Im still don't understand why world war 3 is coming. At least the accelerator scene was well done
Feb 16, 2019 1:16 AM

Jan 2009
Fiamma is crazy strong

Accelerator had enough of being develop as a killing machine eh he is gonna save Misaka Worst it seems

and next week Touma vs Accelerator
Feb 16, 2019 1:28 AM

Jul 2016
Despite all the sh*t went wrong in this episode, at the very least they handled Accelerator's scenes pretty well in this episode, Okamoto's performance was also great during Worst's "death" scene. I do agreed that Accelerator vs Worst fight was brutal, though.

Meta_Yoshi said:
Honestly, J.C Staff can do better than this in 2019. Even White Fox was more consistent than this, despite their animation issues with Steins;Gate 0 and Goblin Slayer last year. =/

A good episode this still is, but It still could've been much better if J.C tried harder with the visuals. It's like Persona 5 Animation all over again...

The whole Index III anime was made on RUSHED so of course the quality can't keep up in between epsiodes. What's make this even worse was the fact J.C Staff are currently working on MORE THAN 10 ANIME SERIES, with that tight production schedule it's impossible for them to made an decent art/animations in the anime episodes.

Also the studio has been bad even since late 2017 so why is this even a big surprise, especially with how bad the quality was made in the first 9 episode of Index III? Look at how J.C animated UQ Holder! anime for example, that anime was made in 2017 and yet it have a far worse animations than everything Index III has been showed so far.
MahiaErebeaNegiFeb 16, 2019 1:39 AM
Feb 16, 2019 2:44 AM
Oct 2014
ap1001 said:
The storyboarding person got switched to a retard...again, CV did their best, especially Accel’s, god bless his throat. But the visuals and how they frame the scenes, ugh...

I think the directing team may have actually all bailed, expects severely shit and disappointing WW3. I spend 20 minutes looking at the screen and shaking my head saying “that’s not how this scene should go”.

JC Staff has never been good at action scenes. Railgun S was a rare exception and we basically know since the second arc of this season that it will never be close to the same quality.
Feb 16, 2019 6:06 AM
Oct 2018
Crashmatt said:
Don't really get why Touma cares for Index she's a parasite who offers nothing. She's has like 5 mins screen time this whole series and were supposed to care?

Im still don't understand why world war 3 is coming. At least the accelerator scene was well done

Why would Touma ever abandon Index? Even if we don’t like her(and in the western fanbase that’s common opinion), Index is still important to him both as a piece of old Touma he doesn’t know and as pretty much family that’s been with him since memory loss, never mind it’d be out of character to let a little girl be used like that

WW3 has been teased since the first two seasons and has been instigated by the actions taken place in this season, on the first arc the reason why Touma went to France was a vain attempt to stop the war but it got worse anyways
Feb 16, 2019 6:35 AM

Nov 2017
i dont know why i came here to read some ppl complaining about currently episode....
Now Loading.....
Feb 16, 2019 7:18 AM

Jun 2017
I'm just gonna drop this here

Misaka Worst GIF from this episode
Feb 16, 2019 8:03 AM

Jul 2016
bondtux said:
i dont know why i came here to read some ppl complaining about currently episode....

Because the anime adaptation itself was bad?
Feb 16, 2019 9:07 AM
Mar 2015
Got to love Accelerator standing up for the Misakas against Academy City
Feb 16, 2019 12:34 PM
Oct 2018
dariken said:
I have no idea what is going on or who most of the cast is. I'm just in for the ride at this point. Just how many volumes did they crunch into this mess?

If you’re that lost on a episode full of reoccurring people from past seasons, one that’s been around all season and literally like what, one new character introduced fully here then how many volumes it is are the least of your worries.
Feb 16, 2019 3:18 PM

Sep 2014
This is probably the only time I ever said this about this season but this episode was good. They did not have much time but they set up Misaka worst amazingly. Atleast compared to everything else.

And they also did not force 20 plotlines into 5 minutes, so I could actually follow. Ironically around the part were I have no knowledge of the LN, the anime starts to make sene

PS: All the animation budget from previous episodes went into that ass
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 16, 2019 11:38 PM

Jan 2016
I like how this adaptation at least showed Accelerator's growth competently. In the lns this scene was so profound that this is the point where I loved Accelerator earnestly. Hope they treat Hamazura's that way too.
Feb 17, 2019 5:10 AM

May 2015
Where is putin? He's OP as fuck in this anime.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 17, 2019 6:20 AM

Dec 2008
This is the first episode that was worth watching from this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

» I like how mistreated those Anime girls are lol

KhoaVN - Dec 2, 2023

8 by KhoaVN »»
Dec 2, 2023 8:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.