Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2019 9:40 AM

Dec 2018
I'm definitely gonna have to rewatch soon. I don't think I was quite prepared for it.
Feb 5, 2019 9:58 AM
Oct 2017
L0ken said:
bitchassdarius said:

Either way, my original point of having Mob not realizing it in the illusion maes the whole illusion questionable to begin with. If it's the case he realizes the value of friendship (i.e. it's power to change others) why even have the illusion to begin with? With regards to narrative, the only thing being presented to Mob is that if he had a different life with no friends, he would be different. That's not insightful or profound. Thus, really Mob could have been inflicted any problem with the stipulation that only his friends would be able to save him, but again that's him being taught explicitly that his relationships have the power to change and not him realizing he's changed because of his relationships

Because the illusion is just the instrument of Mogami who is the villan to force his kinda nihilistic worldview and change Mob and he technicaly succeeded first time?Narratively it teased the possibility of dark Mob and complete change of his persona which should be intriguing and interesting for viewer?

I guess you just considering all this purely from the point of Mobs character,but there is other characters around who benifit for this decision,just look how much spotlight reigen and especially dimple got in this,which is crucial for their development as well,not mention side-characters fates,if mob just realized whole point himself Dimple wouldn't have his personal moment with Mob,also concluding his confrontation with Mogami,which is all important for his character later.Again the events from this whole episode would affect many characters,so why would it be better if events were as you described?

Those aren't very new concepts, since Mogami is just Hanazawa repackaged (i.e. another villain that uses psychic powers for self-gain, the difference being the motivation). Mogami is attempting to make Mob understand the motivation, but the method he chooses is unscrupulous. He's not really convincing Mob to change, rather he's forcing Mob into a new person.
The side characters really aren't as important. You can develop them as much as needed, but the focus again is on Mob, and to sacrifice important development of the protagonist for the sake of the side character is just plain bad writing. You can easily do both, so I don't think you should pursue this line of thought.
Feb 5, 2019 9:59 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, what an intense episode! Mob surpassed his own limit? damn!
Glad he managed to save that girl. So she was that bully in reality?

The cult around Mob is growing xD I wonder if this girl goes to Mob's school haha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 5, 2019 10:33 AM

May 2015
@Sheragin I don't think you even understand what the word animation means. Using screenshots of inbetweens as the basis for your "this wasn't good animation" argument is a classic example of not knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

Feb 5, 2019 10:38 AM
Jan 2018
bitchassdarius said:
deg said:

its not me being in denial here when there is no direct moral lesson that Dimple given to Mob

you are giving Dimple so much credit as though he gave those hints or talks to Mob in order for Mob to think in a certain way that you find bad

and even if that is the case, giving hints is normal on school questionnaires for example or even quiz shows but people do not find that bad in anyway

You can not be in denial about Dimple not directly bestowing a Mob with a lesson, but what I actually said was "If you don't see how Dimple is actually leading Mob to this conclusion and it's not Mob achieving self-realization, you're in plain denial." Your second sentence is this. Your refusal to accept how the dialogue was written doesn't change how the dialogue was written. Dimple could have simply said "Remember your brother, Ritsu? Remember your school club? Remember your friend Hanazawa?" But he outlines how the relationships have changed Mob, and he even directly reminds Mob of the morals Reigen tries to instill in him. Mob doesn't recall this himself, it's only after Reigen calls him and Dimple says "Stop using your powers for dumb things in this dumb world" that Mob remembers. This insinuates that this code of conduct wasn't instilled into Mob's subconscious strong enough for it to be emerge latently, i.e. there's no proof of Mob's growth here. I'm not "giving Dimple too much credit" by quoting the dialogue. There's no eisegesis when all I'm doing is citing what was actually said. This is how the dialogue was written, and your insistent refusal of the writing doesn't change that.

vlad07 said:

You got this episode wrong in my opinion. Mogami wasn't making the point that mob's life would have been different given different circumstances. The point he was trying to make is that people are bad, worthless beings that don't deserve help. He stripped mob of every power or help he ever had to make him break, like Mogami did after his mom died. When Mob almost breaks, Dimple comes into his vision. The punch was meant to wake him up to reality, the conclusions Mob made don't come from Dimple, he only served to bring his memories back and calm him down. Mob accepted what Mogami said, in a way. His conclusion is that people *are* bad, but that they can change with the help of others, like he did. This decision that he made, that people deserve help and they can change no matter how bad they are and the realisation of how lucky he is to have such good people in his life is going to impact him immensely going forward.
The fight served to assert Mob's decision. He wins and Mogami admits defeat in trying to get mob on his side.

That might not have been Mogami's explicit MO, but that's essentially what the illusion amounts to. The only way Mob would be able to empathize with Mogami's misanthropy is if he had a different life, which boils down to "what if Mob was a different person?" Mogami's attempt to prove Mob's values wrong by changing the history of Mob's experience doesn't work as an actual (informal) "argument." This is the whole idea behind the danger of "Mob losing his sense of self." Really, Mogami's just rewriting Mob as a person, and it should be up to Mob to somehow find the will within himself to remain as he is, self intact, against Mogami's illusion. However, it's shown that he is incapable, in fact he almost loses, but only survives due to Dimple interfering. If Dimple hadn't saved him, Mob would have lost. This fact should tell you that Mob values did indeed falter under the illusory conditions, meaning his "growth" isn't actually substantial. The development should have stemmed from Mob self-realizing under Mogami's illusion, but instead it's a result from Dimple snapping Mob out of the illusion by explicitly remind him of how his relationships have changed him (see above reply to deg).

Mogami isn't trying to get Mob to sympathize with him, he goes beyond that. Like he said in the episode, he didn't want Mob to walk on the same path as he did, meaning he didn't want him to realise later in life how worthless humans really are. Actually, Mogami isn't making any "point" to mob, maybe only from the perspective of the viewer. What he does is try to change Mob, make him break and be like him. So for this purpose, what he did makes sense.
bitchassdarius said:
deg said:

its not me being in denial here when there is no direct moral lesson that Dimple given to Mob

you are giving Dimple so much credit as though he gave those hints or talks to Mob in order for Mob to think in a certain way that you find bad

and even if that is the case, giving hints is normal on school questionnaires for example or even quiz shows but people do not find that bad in anyway

You can not be in denial about Dimple not directly bestowing a Mob with a lesson, but what I actually said was "If you don't see how Dimple is actually leading Mob to this conclusion and it's not Mob achieving self-realization, you're in plain denial." Your second sentence is this. Your refusal to accept how the dialogue was written doesn't change how the dialogue was written. Dimple could have simply said "Remember your brother, Ritsu? Remember your school club? Remember your friend Hanazawa?" But he outlines how the relationships have changed Mob, and he even directly reminds Mob of the morals Reigen tries to instill in him. Mob doesn't recall this himself, it's only after Reigen calls him and Dimple says "Stop using your powers for dumb things in this dumb world" that Mob remembers. This insinuates that this code of conduct wasn't instilled into Mob's subconscious strong enough for it to be emerge latently, i.e. there's no proof of Mob's growth here. I'm not "giving Dimple too much credit" by quoting the dialogue. There's no eisegesis when all I'm doing is citing what was actually said. This is how the dialogue was written, and your insistent refusal of the writing doesn't change that.

vlad07 said:

You got this episode wrong in my opinion. Mogami wasn't making the point that mob's life would have been different given different circumstances. The point he was trying to make is that people are bad, worthless beings that don't deserve help. He stripped mob of every power or help he ever had to make him break, like Mogami did after his mom died. When Mob almost breaks, Dimple comes into his vision. The punch was meant to wake him up to reality, the conclusions Mob made don't come from Dimple, he only served to bring his memories back and calm him down. Mob accepted what Mogami said, in a way. His conclusion is that people *are* bad, but that they can change with the help of others, like he did. This decision that he made, that people deserve help and they can change no matter how bad they are and the realisation of how lucky he is to have such good people in his life is going to impact him immensely going forward.
The fight served to assert Mob's decision. He wins and Mogami admits defeat in trying to get mob on his side.

That might not have been Mogami's explicit MO, but that's essentially what the illusion amounts to. The only way Mob would be able to empathize with Mogami's misanthropy is if he had a different life, which boils down to "what if Mob was a different person?" Mogami's attempt to prove Mob's values wrong by changing the history of Mob's experience doesn't work as an actual (informal) "argument." This is the whole idea behind the danger of "Mob losing his sense of self." Really, Mogami's just rewriting Mob as a person, and it should be up to Mob to somehow find the will within himself to remain as he is, self intact, against Mogami's illusion. However, it's shown that he is incapable, in fact he almost loses, but only survives due to Dimple interfering. If Dimple hadn't saved him, Mob would have lost. This fact should tell you that Mob values did indeed falter under the illusory conditions, meaning his "growth" isn't actually substantial. The development should have stemmed from Mob self-realizing under Mogami's illusion, but instead it's a result from Dimple snapping Mob out of the illusion by explicitly remind him of how his relationships have changed him (see above reply to deg).

Firstly, Mogami is trying to change Mob, he doesn't "argue" with him. What makes you think that the show should be portraying his perspective on life objectively? It's not like he's right. His perspective is exaggerated and his point is made in the same manner because the show is not about how people may actually be bad, it's about how people can change for the better. There is no reason why they would portray the opposite perspective as anything other than wrong. Its role, instead, is to strengthen Mob's values, not make him abandon them. Whether Mogami's "argument" is good or not doesn't matter to the story or character. It's good enough so that it makes Mob think over his values again and strengthen his resolve to keep them. The illusion puts Mob into a shitty situation where he has no power over what is happening over him, like what happened to Mogami. He had no power to save his mother and after everything he did, she still blamed him for her death. That made him break. He wanted to save Mob the pain of walking the same path as him (which he also said)
Secondly, let's sort the problem you have with Dimple. I think we can both agree that he had to come into his vision because otherwise Mob wouldn't have gotten back his memories and nothing would have stopped him from going off the rails. You say that dimple "scolding" Mob on his actions by repeating his values and relationships takes away from his character development. I say you put too much emphasis on something that is not as important as you think it is. Dimple's recap only serves to remind Mob of what he has accomplished until now and what he wants to do going forward (also it's a recap for the viewer too). He remembers it all only after dimple is done. I don't think you yourself have a list of values you can say off the top of your head. Mob needing a recap from Dimple is understandable and it doesn't affect his conclusions. Dimple doesn't tell him anything more than what he already believed in. Mob thought things on his own and as proof he does change how he thinks a little.
vlad07Feb 5, 2019 10:53 AM
Feb 5, 2019 11:02 AM
Aug 2016
bitchassdarius said:
L0ken said:

Because the illusion is just the instrument of Mogami who is the villan to force his kinda nihilistic worldview and change Mob and he technicaly succeeded first time?Narratively it teased the possibility of dark Mob and complete change of his persona which should be intriguing and interesting for viewer?

I guess you just considering all this purely from the point of Mobs character,but there is other characters around who benifit for this decision,just look how much spotlight reigen and especially dimple got in this,which is crucial for their development as well,not mention side-characters fates,if mob just realized whole point himself Dimple wouldn't have his personal moment with Mob,also concluding his confrontation with Mogami,which is all important for his character later.Again the events from this whole episode would affect many characters,so why would it be better if events were as you described?

Those aren't very new concepts, since Mogami is just Hanazawa repackaged (i.e. another villain that uses psychic powers for self-gain, the difference being the motivation). Mogami is attempting to make Mob understand the motivation, but the method he chooses is unscrupulous. He's not really convincing Mob to change, rather he's forcing Mob into a new person.
The side characters really aren't as important. You can develop them as much as needed, but the focus again is on Mob, and to sacrifice important development of the protagonist for the sake of the side character is just plain bad writing. You can easily do both, so I don't think you should pursue this line of thought.

How you concluded that Mogami is Hanazawa repackaged when he is clearly Mob repackaged,it's so obvious and even stated in episode?
You just picked "self-gain" and different motivation,that's the really surface-level and general comparasion that could be made for any characters in the series.Heck,just one narrative point that Mogami backstory before is so similar to Mobs life,op psychic that used his powers to help people most of his life,difference that dire circumstances and lack of support broke him which was questioned by Mob himself before this arc and could have easily happened to him,hasn't Reigen and others existed,that's already much closer to Mobs character than any other character in the show from s1 and show itself,how it isn't new concept in the context of the show?Not even needed to mention ton of other things,you clearly oversimplifying.

About another point,focus of the episode was still pretty much on Mob and his development and conclusion is still the same,even if by your scenario he would manage to lift the illusion by themself he would generally still reached the same conclusion,it just would made Mob suddenly stronger mentaly(which is his main weakness that nobody from villans before exploited until now) than he's was depicted during the whole show before,it would made Mogami look much weaker as a villan,both in strength and understanding Mobs psychology and reduced importance of other characters,mainly Dimple and Reigen where their development directly affects Mob development as well because they so strongly connected with each other.

Not to mention finally returning to your initial question,as I told you before-yes,this arc plays out a huge role for future development for many characters beside Mob himself,so it couldn't be not important later on.

I understand you have preferences in storytelling and nobody can change your mind in that regard but i hope you understanded how me and others think and feel about this episode.
L0kenFeb 5, 2019 11:08 AM
Feb 5, 2019 11:17 AM

Nov 2015
wenq said:
Old_School_Akira said:

Who is this bishonen / shojo mc person?

omfg that made me LOL so hard !! And ekubo's reaction was priceless.

Yep. Mob was fabulous this episode
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Feb 5, 2019 11:51 AM
Oct 2017
L0ken said:

How you concluded that Mogami is Hanazawa repackaged when he is clearly Mob repackaged,it's so obvious and even stated in episode?
You just picked "self-gain" and different motivation,that's the really surface-level and general comparasion that could be made for any characters in the series.Heck,just one narrative point that Mogami backstory before is so similar to Mobs life,op psychic that used his powers to help people most of his life,difference that dire circumstances and lack of support broke him which was questioned by Mob himself before this arc and could have easily happened to him,hasn't Reigen and others existed,that's already much closer to Mobs character than any other character in the show from s1 and show itself,how it isn't new concept in the context of the show?Not even needed to mention ton of other things,you clearly oversimplifying.

About another point,focus of the episode was still pretty much on Mob and his development and conclusion is still the same,even if by your scenario he would manage to lift the illusion by themself he would generally still reached the same conclusion,it just would made Mob suddenly stronger mentaly(which is his main weakness that nobody from villans before exploited until now) than he's was depicted during the whole show before,it would made Mogami look much weaker as a villan,both in strength and understanding Mobs psychology and reduced importance of other characters,mainly Dimple and Reigen where their development directly affects Mob development as well because they so strongly connected with each other.

Not to mention finally returning to your initial question,as I told you before-yes,this arc plays out a huge role for future development for many characters beside Mob himself,so it couldn't be not important later on.

I understand you have preferences in storytelling and nobody can change your mind in that regard but i hope you understanded how me and others think and feel about this episode.

That's plain wrong. Mob's values are completely perpendicular to Mogami's in the same way they are to Hanazawa's. If you'll follow the geometry analogy, a line that is perpendicular to two lines means that those two lines are parallel, i.e. Mogami and Hanazawa are essentially the same and typically denoted as a foil character. This is not an outrageous interpretation, it's pretty straightforward. To clarify, so you understand clearly and do not make the same mistake of throwing out this argument because you either don't comprehend or don't want to actually acknowledge it, one of the underlying themes of season 1 was Mob sticking to his guns and not using his powers against people unless provoked. Mob was tested numerous times and never used his powers for self-interest. This is the exact opposite of Hanazawa, the members of Claw, Dimple, and Mogami. Do you see the connection here? Mob Psycho has always been a story about responsibility of power (oft-quoted Spiderman line: "With great power comes great responsibility.") This is the underlying narrative thread, and each villain always plays opposite of Mob's stubbornly conscientious use of his powers. If you don't understand this, you don't understand the story and I would advise you to reconsider your entire conception of Mob Psycho.

The fact that you think Mogami is like Mob makes me think you don't really understand the story. One of the points of your interpretation is that, like Mob, Mogami has psychic powers he uses to help people. But that's not exclusive to either of these characters, in fact everyone with psychic powers does this. Note that the whole arc starts with a bunch of psychics in a room that are trying to exorcise a girl. This similarity is nothing special, if anything, it's "surface-level" and the connection is utterly unconvincing.

Your second point isn't relevant. Clearly the conclusion would be the same, but the point of contention is whether or not it's really earned. It doesn't feel like, and you've failed to really bring up any substantial evidence against my feeling.
bitchassdariusFeb 5, 2019 12:02 PM
Feb 5, 2019 12:00 PM

Mar 2016
Mob went All-Might mode for a second.
Feb 5, 2019 12:00 PM
Oct 2017
vlad07 said:

Firstly, Mogami is trying to change Mob, he doesn't "argue" with him. What makes you think that the show should be portraying his perspective on life objectively? It's not like he's right. His perspective is exaggerated and his point is made in the same manner because the show is not about how people may actually be bad, it's about how people can change for the better. There is no reason why they would portray the opposite perspective as anything other than wrong. Its role, instead, is to strengthen Mob's values, not make him abandon them. Whether Mogami's "argument" is good or not doesn't matter to the story or character. It's good enough so that it makes Mob think over his values again and strengthen his resolve to keep them. The illusion puts Mob into a shitty situation where he has no power over what is happening over him, like what happened to Mogami. He had no power to save his mother and after everything he did, she still blamed him for her death. That made him break. He wanted to save Mob the pain of walking the same path as him (which he also said)
Secondly, let's sort the problem you have with Dimple. I think we can both agree that he had to come into his vision because otherwise Mob wouldn't have gotten back his memories and nothing would have stopped him from going off the rails. You say that dimple "scolding" Mob on his actions by repeating his values and relationships takes away from his character development. I say you put too much emphasis on something that is not as important as you think it is. Dimple's recap only serves to remind Mob of what he has accomplished until now and what he wants to do going forward (also it's a recap for the viewer too). He remembers it all only after dimple is done. I don't think you yourself have a list of values you can say off the top of your head. Mob needing a recap from Dimple is understandable and it doesn't affect his conclusions. Dimple doesn't tell him anything more than what he already believed in. Mob thought things on his own and as proof he does change how he thinks a little.

I never really said any of those things you're implying I said. Mogami's hypothesis is that Mob would empathize with Mogami's position had he endured a life similar to Mogami's. I never said if this was right or wrong, simply that this is what Mogami is attempting to do and why logic behind the method doesn't make any sense.
The recap is my point of contention. If Dimple is needed to remind Mob of his accomplishments via relationships, then it suffices to say Mob was unable to come to this conclusion on his own, i.e. there is no internal development. You are essentially agreeing with me, but you seem to be confused as to why this is not a desirable outcome. If Mob was wearing Ritsu's shoes, then subconsciously he has access to his memories despite Mogami's illusion, yes? So why couldn't he remember fully? Why did Dimple have to remind him? Mob has the tools to achieve self-realization on his own, so why was it written that Dimple
had to help him? If you assert "Dimple doesn't tell him anything more than what he already believed," why did Dimple even have to be there? Why couldn't Mob just break out of the illusion on his own? So many other shows get this right, I'm honestly baffled why so many people here defend this.
Feb 5, 2019 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
HOLEEEEEE SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! WHAT AN EPISODE. WHAT A FUCKING EPISODE! FUCKING MAKING ME FALL FOR IT ALL OVER AGAIN! ARGH! DAMN YOU!
Feb 5, 2019 12:10 PM
Apr 2018
Mythologically said:
L0ken said:

Huh,why?The whole sentence about budget is pure nonsense,budget wasn't increased for this episode,do you even know how anime production works?

ok buddy lmao. I use "budget" as just a shorthand way of writing "quality of animation and sound design". Clearly, they didn't walk into the studio and just give everyone more money ?XD

I disliked the episode due to the pathetic excuse for a plot. The first half is some extremely cringy illusion about bullying with Mogami narrating it in the most boring way possible, and its followed up with Mob winning by... remembering what he was doing before and using the power of friendship? The contrast between the quality of animation and sound design, the level of hype for this arc, and how generic and uninteresting the plot was was angering.

Mogami wanted to break Mob be making him realise how cruel and horrible the world is. Instead it had the opposite effect and made Mob realise how lucky he is and how thankful he must be for all the good people in his life. This isn't that hard to understand buddy.
Feb 5, 2019 12:13 PM
Jan 2018
bitchassdarius said:
vlad07 said:

I never really said any of those things you're implying I said. Mogami's hypothesis is that Mob would empathize with Mogami's position had he endured a life similar to Mogami's. I never said if this was right or wrong, simply that this is what Mogami is attempting to do and why logic behind the method doesn't make any sense.
The recap is my point of contention. If Dimple is needed to remind Mob of his accomplishments via relationships, then it suffices to say Mob was unable to come to this conclusion on his own, i.e. there is no internal development. You are essentially agreeing with me, but you seem to be confused as to why this is not a desirable outcome. If Mob was wearing Ritsu's shoes, then subconsciously he has access to his memories despite Mogami's illusion, yes? So why couldn't he remember fully? Why did Dimple have to remind him? Mob has the tools to achieve self-realization on his own, so why was it written that Dimple
had to help him? If you assert "Dimple doesn't tell him anything more than what he already believed," why did Dimple even have to be there? Why couldn't Mob just break out of the illusion on his own? So many other shows get this right, I'm honestly baffled why so many people here defend this.

How does the logic behind what Mogami does to break Mob not work? His method would have worked, we're it not for Dimple.
Why do you think your vision of how it should have been is the desirable outcome? This is not the end of the show, far from it. If Mob was powerful enough mentally and had the resolve necessary to break through this illusion on his own there would be no point to the show's continuation. If the episode would have gone as you envision it, the leap in character development would have been jarring. The episode is meant to show that Mob still has a ways to go still. Also, saying there is no internal development is an exaggeration. Dimple's help does not take away the fact that Mob thought through his conclusion. However much help you think he got from Dimple the conclusion was his own, it didn't come from anybody else. Your statement is like saying a child that is learning to ride a bike with a helper wheel makes no progress at all to riding an actual bike.
In your past posts you said that Mogami doesn't make a good "informal" argument. I said that he isn't even trying to make one and that he shouldn't even need to do one because of reasons I said in my previous post.
BTW: In the vision, Ritsu still existed so the fact that Mob wore Ritsu's shoes instead of his own doesn't prove anything really.
vlad07Feb 5, 2019 12:34 PM
Feb 5, 2019 12:40 PM
Oct 2014
Mythologically said:
straightbanana said:

Mogami wanted to break Mob be making him realise how cruel and horrible the world is. Instead it had the opposite effect and made Mob realise how lucky he is and how thankful he must be for all the good people in his life. This isn't that hard to understand buddy.

yeah that's exactly what i meant by a pathetic plot thanks for rephrasing it

I agree, although have you read the manga of the arc yet? I believe that is much more representative of what ONE was talking about than this adaption (primarily only pay this towards just this episode; I think BONES knocked it out of the park with the other the first 3 episodes).
Feb 5, 2019 12:47 PM

Mar 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
@Sheragin I don't think you even understand what the word animation means. Using screenshots of inbetweens as the basis for your "this wasn't good animation" argument is a classic example of not knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

It was my mistake. I quoted that comments from other, but I did the quoting wrong. I've edited that out.
Also I agree with you. Shouldn't use inbetween frames as a prove to any arguments, the purpose of those frames are transition after all.
Feb 5, 2019 12:51 PM
Oct 2014
(Wish I knew how to quote; put this for some context. Directly below are my initial reactions.)
"Terrible episode that crushed all the nuance within the manga. I hate how shounen it just became, and I hope it won't happen again (it was rushed; far too much cut out). Although it really is that I despise the directing of the episode. I just became overrated and childish bullshit. Please, everyone read the ONE's manga of Mob Psycho 100. It is infinitely better for this arc."

I'm calling the direction terrible more so because I'm coming from a filmmaker's point of view: the director is being WAY TOO DRAMATIC. The gray everything is just... ridiculous (reminds me of reason's I couldn't watch ERASED; I don't like getting beaten over the head that "shit's fucked up".) We aren't stupid; it's overplayed. And the thing that made the story really fucking depressing is that it LOOKED like reality (in the manga). It wasn't some mark-up; you felt the aspect that "Shit man. People can be so casually terrible". The director stripped absolutely all of the 'casual' sense from the arc, which is what I saw as particularly badass and deep about this arc.

That's a directorial failure (again, animation is awesome, and even the overall style would be cool if it wasn't essentially an astroturf of the depth within the arc). Essentially, I just left the show feeling unconvinced of everything I watched. I don't and can't believe the emotions, because they were presented so damn flatly. That's also where I say the manga did is beautifully in terms of presentation (I'll even omit considering what the anime factually left out). The fight scenes in the manga is just... really solid ass composition. Like, and this is a director thing (definitely not an animator dig in the least), the action felt weightless, unlike the weighty and frantic exchange of the manga. In the manga, maybe I could characterize it as feeling like a 'survivor among zombies going through a house with a shotgun'. Mob is really really trying to keep up with everything as they come (there's also this whole shift from using the aspect that this is happening in a town that the anime just completely gets rid of; instead taking the fight to the sky, which on second thought, may explain a big reason I felt it was 'weightless').

Though I concede that this dig is definitely a director-to-director disagreement (though I think comedy was consistently nailed throughout the episode; especially fuckin' Dimple man!). But really, I am calling it terrible compared more-so to itself (or I guess a mixture of manga comparison and the overall anime). Mob Psycho's episodes 1-3 kept fuckin' nailing it out of the park directorially. That's probably why I reacted so rashly yesterday; it was such a downgrade from early episodes presentation (again, not talking about the animation; that's be consistantly fuckin' great). But the tone is just... pathetic. Going from Episode 3's anxiety-inducing climax, to... Mob romping through figures, bums me out (and I will say the omission of "100% Courage" is a massive fucking gyp). Mob Psycho 100 II episodes 1-3 were fan-fucking-tastic. I just really really hate that they didn't illustrate the full experience of Mob during this arc, because of how pivotal it is. Talk no jutsuing the episode is going to massively hurt how resonante the next episodes are thematically (unless the studio is badass an somehow makes up for the development blunders this episode, which they really could).

Beyond that... I am just excited to watch the next 2 episodes (especially episode 7; can't wait to cry)! (I say my thoughts better here; was far too pissed yesterday)
Macdaddy53156Feb 5, 2019 12:55 PM
Feb 5, 2019 12:51 PM

Dec 2014
andya34 said:
HueyLion said:

Probably, seems you don't understand good animation...

Well fancy effects doesn't necessarily means it's a good animation to me unlike most of you. I look into how realistic a scene is and fluidity of animation to define what good animation is. While this episode has great number of fancy effects it lacks the other two i mentioned.

Here's some examples:

Paper thin lava with no density

I can't even begin to understand wtf is going on here. Is that a lava?

Mob's hand 0.0

Dimple's stupid mouth movements

Edit: updated image site

Congratulations on reaching maximum degeneracy!

But I'm sorry to tell you that this is the only thing you will ever reach in your lifetime.
Without giving your profile a look I am 100% postitive you are a Fairy Tail watcher, atleast all the people who critiize good animation seem to have that in common.

The best course of action would just be to apologize for your extremely stupid comments or just never say a thing again.
Feb 5, 2019 12:58 PM
Oct 2014
Venumidas said:
andya34 said:

Well fancy effects doesn't necessarily means it's a good animation to me unlike most of you. I look into how realistic a scene is and fluidity of animation to define what good animation is. While this episode has great number of fancy effects it lacks the other two i mentioned.

Here's some examples:

Mob's hand 0.0

Congratulations on reaching maximum degeneracy!

But I'm sorry to tell you that this is the only thing you will ever reach in your lifetime.
Without giving your profile a look I am 100% postitive you are a Fairy Tail watcher, atleast all the people who critiize good animation seem to have that in common.

The best course of action would just be to apologize for your extremely stupid comments or just never say a thing again.

Ehh. I think he is a mixed bag. Mostly he is totally wrong for bringing up stills as an argument, but but some of his comments during certain sections is kinda pertinent. ...ok, maybe only the 1st one, although that's more of a disagreement with style than a useful "quality" criticism.
Feb 5, 2019 1:26 PM

May 2016
AyanoHime said:
Damn that 100% Courage, LMAO.
Your forum pic looks much better :)

If Anyone claims to this animation be bad well they probably are blind oh ficked up in some or another way.

This was literally the best Mob episode that I ever watched I even liked it more than
OPM last ep.
Feb 5, 2019 2:01 PM
Feb 5, 2019 2:02 PM

Jan 2015
Damn, the animation was so lit!
What an episode!
Feb 5, 2019 2:56 PM
Aug 2016
bitchassdarius said:
L0ken said:

That's plain wrong. Mob's values are completely perpendicular to Mogami's in the same way they are to Hanazawa's. If you'll follow the geometry analogy, a line that is perpendicular to two lines means that those two lines are parallel, i.e. Mogami and Hanazawa are essentially the same and typically denoted as a foil character. This is not an outrageous interpretation, it's pretty straightforward. To clarify, so you understand clearly and do not make the same mistake of throwing out this argument because you either don't comprehend or don't want to actually acknowledge it, one of the underlying themes of season 1 was Mob sticking to his guns and not using his powers against people unless provoked. Mob was tested numerous times and never used his powers for self-interest. This is the exact opposite of Hanazawa, the members of Claw, Dimple, and Mogami. Do you see the connection here? Mob Psycho has always been a story about responsibility of power (oft-quoted Spiderman line: "With great power comes great responsibility.") This is the underlying narrative thread, and each villain always plays opposite of Mob's stubbornly conscientious use of his powers. If you don't understand this, you don't understand the story and I would advise you to reconsider your entire conception of Mob Psycho.

The fact that you think Mogami is like Mob makes me think you don't really understand the story. One of the points of your interpretation is that, like Mob, Mogami has psychic powers he uses to help people. But that's not exclusive to either of these characters, in fact everyone with psychic powers does this. Note that the whole arc starts with a bunch of psychics in a room that are trying to exorcise a girl. This similarity is nothing special, if anything, it's "surface-level" and the connection is utterly unconvincing.

Your second point isn't relevant. Clearly the conclusion would be the same, but the point of contention is whether or not it's really earned. It doesn't feel like, and you've failed to really bring up any substantial evidence against my feeling.

I guess I badly worded and structured my first point so it become really easy to missinterpreted it,sorry for my English,it kinda made your first two paragraphs meaningless to me cause I wasn't trying argue against that,your statements there isn't something I would disagree anyway.Perhaps there is no need for me to rewrite it again since your main problem with this episode was that mob isn't lifted illusion completely by himself so "the conclusion would be the same, but the point of contention is whether or not it's really earned"

As the @vlad07 wrote in his latest post:

vlad07 said:
bitchassdarius said:

How does the logic behind what Mogami does to break Mob not work? His method would have worked, we're it not for Dimple.
Why do you think your vision of how it should have been is the desirable outcome? This is not the end of the show, far from it. If Mob was powerful enough mentally and had the resolve necessary to break through this illusion on his own there would be no point to the show's continuation. If the episode would have gone as you envision it, the leap in character development would have been jarring. The episode is meant to show that Mob still has a ways to go still. Also, saying there is no internal development is an exaggeration. Dimple's help does not take away the fact that Mob thought through his conclusion. However much help you think he got from Dimple the conclusion was his own, it didn't come from anybody else. Your statement is like saying a child that is learning to ride a bike with a helper wheel makes no progress at all to riding an actual bike.
In your past posts you said that Mogami doesn't make a good "informal" argument. I said that he isn't even trying to make one and that he shouldn't even need to do one because of reasons I said in my previous post.
BTW: In the vision, Ritsu still existed so the fact that Mob wore Ritsu's shoes instead of his own doesn't prove anything really.

Supplementing @vlad07 response,do you remember how Mob's biggest confrontation with other psychics in s1,ep 5 with Hanazawa and final episode with Claw members went?
In the TeruvsMob he for first time discovered other psychic with completely different ideology and Teru was the aggresor there,Mob clings to his ideals and passively defends himself,getting chocked until he unconscious and only being able to "win" with help of ???% state awakened,not by himself.After Hanazawa admits his loss and starting to change,Mob remains the same and didn't gained massive character development from it.
In the second case situation was solved by Reigen,Mob wasn't mentally strong enought again do it himself,he almost reached 100% murderous intent instead,if not for Reigen giving him help there and Mob subconsciously transfers his powers to him,essentially running away from the problem,it was commented by Shou later,saying that he's disappointed and Mob is a coward (in the end credits Mob thinked if he made wrong decision there and not reached a conclusion).

So we can say the first season mostly established groundwork for his character development for future.Then s2 came in where we finaly starting to using it to develop Mob character,all 4 episodes of it and now in this first big arc status quo finally and for the first time begins to change for Mob.

Even though he didn't win completely by himself,lifting the illusion alone because he still mentally weak and even succumbed to Mogami,after a little help of Dimple he FINALLY made a important conclusions for the first time by himself,we already discussed what but I add more-even in the midth of the fight in sky in his 100% courage mode Mob uttered how he always though his powers were no use to anybody but now HE will use them to save people!And his final monologe in the end in real world in front fof Reigen,Dimple and Minori how he now knows that HE might be able change other people as well and glad that they all met.
It's was the biggest enemy and ideologically-mentally challenge for Mob and his biggest win so far with the least amount of help from others,that's why it's earned for us,it consistent regarding other encounters,mob wasn't suddenly much stronger mentally against the strongest enemy that explored his main weakness and Mob gained so much from this encounter for the future.

So,remember how I said before that this arc being really important for future character development for him,it's in fact the biggest catalyst for Mobs change and growth in the series?That's when it all begins and maybe in future we might see encounter like this where much more stronger mentally Mob finally being able overcome big challenge by himself and earn his conclusions and lessons from it,Mogami was the biggest step in this direction.
L0kenFeb 5, 2019 3:08 PM
Feb 5, 2019 3:32 PM

Feb 2015
They really went all out and it was so damn good. The animation, the narrative, like damn. Crazy. Loved it.
Feb 5, 2019 3:59 PM

Nov 2014
andya34 said:
HueyLion said:

Here's some examples:

Mob's hand 0.0

realistic? r u serious? this is an anime fight with super powers against supernatural beings in somebody's mind, and you want the scene to be realistic??
Old_School_Akira said:
wenq said:

omfg that made me LOL so hard !! And ekubo's reaction was priceless.

Yep. Mob was fabulous this episode

Haven't you heard? I'm Mob.
bitchassdarius said:
vlad07 said:

That is not Mogami's hypothesis. He's manipulating the illusions so Mob is surrounded by the worst of humanity so he can break Mob into thinking humans are corrupted and don't deserve to be saved. Mogami is not trying to make Mob empathize with him, and what Mob went through in the illusions is in nowhere similar to Mogami's life.
bitchassdarius said:
L0ken said:

What the hell makes you think geometry has anything to do with writing?? Lines being perpendicular or parallel has nothing to do with characters and their values. People have many different values. They aren't defined by just one value. Just because One of Mob's values contradict with Hanazawa's and another contradicts with Mogami's doesn't mean Hanazawa and Mogami are "essentially the same". This isn't some A-B=C and D-B=C so A=D. You can't define human beings with a single variable because variables are constant while human beings are subject to change.
Feb 5, 2019 4:15 PM
Oct 2017
vlad07 said:

I've already explained why the logic doesn't make sense, I'm not going to repeat because you don't remember what I've said multiple times. The onus is on you to follow the argument.

It's not specifically my version, it's the logical one. Mob Psycho isn't the only story where this situation happens. There's plenty of stories where something similar has happened and the protagonist manages to break out of the spell through his own accord, showing internal development. I've already said this, and I feel like I'm repeating myself countless times because you simply fail understand what I'm saying. I'm not saying this is the end of the story or anything or that this episode should be the climax. I'm not going to bother going down this line of thought because I didn't say what you think I said. You keep implying I said something that I didn't and thus changing your argument to fit that because you don't really have good rebuttal to begin with.

Your analogy is always really poorly constructed because the child is still learning by himself even with the training wheels. If we were to properly construct this bike analogy, Dimple helping Mob is like a parent holding the bike up while telling the child how to pedal.

The concept of the argument was a phrase needed to convey that Mogami is trying to get at something by putting Mob under an illusion. I never meant Mogami is actually "arguing" per se, more that there is in fact a goal intended for his illusion.

If you keep trying to pick at details in the words I use instead of forming a holistic argument, you're spinning your wheels. Don't try to enter a discussion ill-equipped like this, it's a waste of time and you're going to argue in circles, like you've already been doing.

ttcchen said:

What the hell makes you think geometry has anything to do with writing?? Lines being perpendicular or parallel has nothing to do with characters and their values. People have many different values. They aren't defined by just one value. Just because One of Mob's values contradict with Hanazawa's and another contradicts with Mogami's doesn't mean Hanazawa and Mogami are "essentially the same". This isn't some A-B=C and D-B=C so A=D. You can't define human beings with a single variable because variables are constant while human beings are subject to change.

Are you that unfamiliar with rhetoric that you don't know what an analogy is? If that's the case, I'm not surprised you don't understand basic narrative structures. I suggest you go do your homework, since you clearly have no place in such a discussion. These aren't "human beings," these are fictional characters, with countable dimensions. They are indeed this simplistic, because they exist simply for the sake of the story. They need to have communicable traits otherwise the story loses its structure. They are not complex just because you don't understand them. Don't bother replying, I can't really take you seriously.
bitchassdariusFeb 5, 2019 4:19 PM
Feb 5, 2019 4:23 PM

Nov 2014
bitchassdarius said:

ttcchen said:

Are you that unfamiliar with rhetoric that you don't know what an analogy is? If that's the case, I'm not surprised you don't understand basic narrative structures. I suggest you go do your homework, since you clearly have no place in such a discussion. These aren't "human beings," these are fictional characters, with countable dimensions. They are indeed this simplistic, because they exist simply for the sake of the story. They need to have communicable traits otherwise the story loses its structure. They are not complex just because you don't understand them. Don't bother replying, I can't really take you seriously.

Are you actually being serious right now? Who said fictional characters aren't allowed to be complex and multi-dimensional? Who said they have to be simple and have limited traits? Who said fictional characters cannot be considered humans? Mathematical Analogy cannot be compared to literature. And as far as I can see here, Mob is more human than you'll ever be.
Feb 5, 2019 4:34 PM
Oct 2017
ttcchen said:

Are you actually being serious right now? Who said fictional characters aren't allowed to be complex and multi-dimensional? Who said they have to be simple and have limited traits? Who said fictional characters cannot be considered humans? Mathematical Analogy cannot be compared to literature. And as far as I can see here, Mob is more human than you'll ever be.

I'm not comparing an analogy to literature, I'm using the basic logic of a mathematical theorem to show how the fact that both Hanazawa and Mogami being a foil to Mob makes them "essentially the same character." The fact that you couldn't pick up on this, instead opting to attack the diction as opposed to the content of the analogy, proves that you're completely out of your element. I suggest you never try to talk about this kind of stuff anymore, it's embarrassing how flagrant you are about your ignorance.
Mob Psycho is a fairly simply shounen story, you only think it's complex because you have no idea what you're talking about. If you want a suggestion for an introduction to legitimately complex characters, you should stop watching anime and pick up a book. Maybe read something by Woolf, say Orlando, or if you'd like to stick to Japanese culture, A Personal Matter by Kenzaburo Oe.
Feb 5, 2019 4:36 PM

Aug 2015
DUDE WHEN MOB GETS 100% BUT WITH ~POSITIVE EMOTIONS~ I WAS SO PROUD!!! THE KID'S GROWING UP :'-)

this episode was a rollercoaster! the beginning with everyone kicking shigeo left and right and then him getting fed up with everything... it HURT! but the he took something positive out of it and grew just a little bit more as a person and psychic and i just. love him so much

the fight was cool af (as usual) and when he went all ???% i just got so more intrigued! the origin of mob's power is a mystery for me still since i didn't finish the manga but i'm so curious (and hyped) to see where this anime is going
Feb 5, 2019 4:48 PM

Nov 2012
You ever see animation so beautiful you just immediately start crying?
Feb 5, 2019 4:57 PM

Nov 2014
bitchassdarius said:
ttcchen said:

I'm not comparing an analogy to literature, I'm using the basic logic of a mathematical theorem to show how the fact that both Hanazawa and Mogami being a foil to Mob makes them "essentially the same character." The fact that you couldn't pick up on this, instead opting to attack the diction as opposed to the content of the analogy, proves that you're completely out of your element. I suggest you never try to talk about this kind of stuff anymore, it's embarrassing how flagrant you are about your ignorance.
Mob Psycho is a fairly simply shounen story, you only think it's complex because you have no idea what you're talking about. If you want a suggestion for an introduction to legitimately complex characters, you should stop watching anime and pick up a book. Maybe read something by Woolf, say Orlando, or if you'd like to stick to Japanese culture, A Personal Matter by Kenzaburo Oe.

Mob Psycho is not a fairly simple shounen. Naruto is. One Piece is. Fairy Tail is. Mob Psycho is not. It contains complex and realistic plot and characters. How you can watch over a thousand anime yet still don't understand what a typical shounen is is beyond me.

And once again, Teru and Mogami are not essentially the same character just because they both opposed Mob's growth. They are nowhere near the same, and Mogami's influence on Mob will continue to linger throughout the next few major arcs.

Also, anime is just another form of story-telling, no matter whether it's text form or animation form, books and animes both tell a story. They're both different forms of literature. So there is nothing wrong with seeking complex characters in anime.
Feb 5, 2019 5:02 PM
Mar 2015
Glad Mob was able to change people
Feb 5, 2019 5:04 PM
Aug 2016
So @bitchassdarius,can you respond to my latest post and explain where I'm wrong?
Feb 5, 2019 6:25 PM

Mar 2016
The fighting was amazingly animated, but it did seem to take up too much imo. When Mob said "who's Reigen" in the manga I just about cried but idk it felt like the parts that really tear at your heart and make you feel that he's not even Mob anymore just weren't there.
Also why was Minori randomly so smoothly animated lmao
Feb 5, 2019 6:27 PM
Oct 2017
100% Mob is beautiful, the fight sequence is beautiful, heck, even that bullying scene was beautiful in its own twisted way. Man this season has me hooked. I am so excited to see where the story takes the characters. I feel like it is hinting at something deep, and I just hope everyone ends up okay because honestly, Mob, Reigen, and even Dimple are quickly becoming some of my favorite anime characters.
Feb 5, 2019 6:28 PM

Sep 2015
This episode was amazing. So cool how we went from wanting to see Mob explode, to being scared of what he would do, to him using positive emotions to explode. Still love seeing ???%. Also, manga-readers, does Mob ever go ???% again?

I loved the abstract Yuasa-looking animation, that's always my favourite. The fight animation was sick as always, but they really put a lot of work into the character animation as well. The scene of Asagiri crying was crazy good.
Feb 5, 2019 6:33 PM
Oct 2017
andya34 said:
HueyLion said:

Here's some examples:

Mob's hand 0.0

I get what you're saying, and you're not even entirely wrong, but it's not fair to just look at single frames, especially when evaluating it as "animation." If you look at individual pieces you can't get the full picture, and each frame does not have to work perfectly on its own if its meant to be seen in a sequence, as animation is.
Feb 5, 2019 6:37 PM

Mar 2016
BlossomBurst said:
Also, manga-readers, does Mob ever go ???% again?

There's still quite a lot of manga left (and at this point idk if it's all going to even be adapted into this season) but if you really want to know
Feb 5, 2019 6:38 PM
May 2017
fuck that looked GOOD
i'm not really that sold into the whole shonen aspects of this show (you know, power-ups after power ups and that endless power escalation nonsense) but when it forgets about that momentarily and delivers on the human, on the humor, on the personality, it's a beyond amazing show. And i'll be damned if it doesn't look cool and fun as fuck.
Feb 5, 2019 7:39 PM
Oct 2018
Man, that was absolutely gorgeous!! I loved the episode. The themes were strong and the entire thing just felt so investing. Honestly, it's gonna hurt a little to go from something so epic back to the general episodic-ish plot. Also, side-note, the animation when Asagiri was crying at the end really caught my eye. It was so fluid!!
Feb 5, 2019 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
Anyone know the ed song for this episode?
Feb 5, 2019 8:55 PM
Oct 2017
L0ken said:
So @bitchassdarius,can you respond to my latest post and explain where I'm wrong?

That's not how this works. I've already stated why this arc isn't written very well many times, it's up to you now to tell me why you think I'm wrong. You haven't thus far, you've only shifted the argument by misrepresenting what I actually have been saying with what your own misinterpretations.
I've already stated I'm not repeating myself anymore, so if your next post isn't going to address my point (that Mob not being able to reach a self-realization by his own isn't convincing development), then don't bother posting.

ttcchen said:
bitchassdarius said:

Mob Psycho is not a fairly simple shounen. Naruto is. One Piece is. Fairy Tail is. Mob Psycho is not. It contains complex and realistic plot and characters. How you can watch over a thousand anime yet still don't understand what a typical shounen is is beyond me.

And once again, Teru and Mogami are not essentially the same character just because they both opposed Mob's growth. They are nowhere near the same, and Mogami's influence on Mob will continue to linger throughout the next few major arcs.

Also, anime is just another form of story-telling, no matter whether it's text form or animation form, books and animes both tell a story. They're both different forms of literature. So there is nothing wrong with seeking complex characters in anime.

It's not complex. I've already outlined the basic narrative structure in this thread, and you still think it's complex simply because your brain hasn't formed fully. You're not doing Mob Psycho any favours by comparing it to the most basic shounen available. It doesn't take much to be more complex Naruto. You would understand this if your knowledge wasn't so limited. Have you ever heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect? Your whole post reeks of it.
Anime is not literature at all, and the idea that you can't apply analytic techniques from literature to anime simply because they're different is embarrassingly misinformed. I've never read a post that grovels in its own inexperience before. You argue that Mob Psycho is complex because it's not as simple as Naruto. That's fucking embarassing. The vast majority of shounen, specifically battle shounen, are not complex, its built into the demographic. How do you not understand this? Why would a publishing company publish complicated stories aimed at 12-18 year olds over a fun action-filled story like One Piece? Mob Psycho is not any different. This is so obvious it shouldn't even need to be stated to anyone with a brain. Don't bother replying, I'm not wasting my time on a mouthbreather that would eat dirt because "hey, at least it's not shit." Thanks for playing.
bitchassdariusFeb 5, 2019 9:04 PM
Feb 5, 2019 9:56 PM

Nov 2014
Raizel said:
AyanoHime said:
Damn that 100% Courage, LMAO.
Your forum pic looks much better :)

If Anyone claims to this animation be bad well they probably are blind oh ficked up in some or another way.

This was literally the best Mob episode that I ever watched I even liked it more than
OPM last ep.

Awwe thanks LOL xD

Baby Mob is preciousss

“The dreams and ideals we believe in, seem they might just fall apart if we take our eyes off them.”
Feb 5, 2019 10:19 PM

Apr 2016
Holy crap that animation . Probably my favorite episode so far . This episode is so dark too .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Feb 5, 2019 11:15 PM
Jul 2018
Where's 6 out of 5 when you need it

This right here. This is a summary as to why MP100 is an awesome series and why Bones is an awesome studio.

Still though, that snot scene left me crying

And Asagiri's apology at the end felt so...realistic. It's hard to put into words. If this doesn't make Episode of the Year I'm not sure what will
removed-userFeb 5, 2019 11:25 PM
Feb 5, 2019 11:16 PM

Nov 2014
bitchassdarius said:
ttcchen said:

It's not complex. I've already outlined the basic narrative structure in this thread, and you still think it's complex simply because your brain hasn't formed fully. You're not doing Mob Psycho any favours by comparing it to the most basic shounen available. It doesn't take much to be more complex Naruto. You would understand this if your knowledge wasn't so limited. Have you ever heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect? Your whole post reeks of it.
Anime is not literature at all, and the idea that you can't apply analytic techniques from literature to anime simply because they're different is embarrassingly misinformed. I've never read a post that grovels in its own inexperience before. You argue that Mob Psycho is complex because it's not as simple as Naruto. That's fucking embarassing. The vast majority of shounen, specifically battle shounen, are not complex, its built into the demographic. How do you not understand this? Why would a publishing company publish complicated stories aimed at 12-18 year olds over a fun action-filled story like One Piece? Mob Psycho is not any different. This is so obvious it shouldn't even need to be stated to anyone with a brain. Don't bother replying, I'm not wasting my time on a mouthbreather that would eat dirt because "hey, at least it's not shit." Thanks for playing.

By complex I don't mean the narrative, I mean the characters. They aren't just flat characters that can be defined by one or two traits like most shounen characters. They are realistic, and complex, just like real human beings. That's why Mob Psycho isn't just a "simple" shounen. By definition, Literature is "The body of written works of a language, period, or culture" so yes, anime is a form of literature because it tells a story. Of course you can apply the same analytic techniques from literature to anime, but the geometry analogy you mentioned is absolute bullshit because once again anime characters can be complex and would not fit with geometry terms. Most battle shounen are not complex, that's why Mob Psycho is not your typical shounen. Just like Death Note. It's a Shounen genre, but it has a complex plot and characters. Insulting people on the internet won't make you look smarter. Actually reread what you just wrote and then think before replying to me.
Feb 5, 2019 11:27 PM

Oct 2008
OH MY GOD!!! this is on a whole different god Madoka (ooops i said it ahihi) level of an episode! beyond absolute phenomenal!
infinity/5..................

beyond "100%" which is "???%" is really frightening and may consider as something puny humans can't comprehend!
LOL @ Mob Donald's

WOW! 92.10% loved it! quite rare?
matias067Feb 6, 2019 12:00 AM

Feb 6, 2019 12:25 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, what a powerful episode this was!

Seeing Mob grow so much in this episode alone was astonishing, he even managed to take the positives from getting bullied harshly for around 6 months in this virtual world where everything was turned against him. Coupled with this, Mogami’s dialogues just gave the whole scene a lot more of a heavy feeling. Cool stuff! And that fight, phew! Sakuga ride all the way and those amazing special effects! Animation, or rather some of the shots were totally off but over all, it was candy to the eyes. Just a little surprised he managed to fight Mogami despite trying to protect Asagi and what was with the lava eruption-like effect? It looked stunning though so no biggies, and damn the ????/100 powerup. I’m really curious to know the source of his power now, I just can’t get myself to have a feel over all the sudden power ups for some reason.

Asagi apologising later on wasvery depressing, I’m glad he accepted the apology and even went as far as to saying he’s grateful for their encounter. Damn, Mob’s become an almost perfect character now. I wonder what the last few seconds starring Asagi and her father was all about though(I’m referring to that sign on the laptop, could it be of the organisation that’s made under Mob xD?), and isn’t it only natural that she would see him soon? Reigen was a total bro this episode, risking his life like that by trusting Mob although the odds were totally against him and later on not accepting money because of the large number of casualties(or was it?). By the way, I can’t believe Mob and Reigen let that suspicious psychic take Mogami away like that, especially more so considering how dangerous of an evil spirit Mogami is.

Looking forward to seeing the next week’s episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 6, 2019 12:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
beew said:
Anyone know the ed song for this episode?

Oh, I’d love to know this too!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 6, 2019 2:10 AM

Mar 2017
yes that fight scene was brilliant, but so was Asagiri's crying. it wasn't made fluid- or maybe that's exactly why- but it seemed to capture the emotion perfectly
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Apr 1, 2019

405 by strawberryfools »»
Apr 22, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jiharo - Dec 4, 2018

347 by Nm-Lahm »»
Apr 5, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

251 by squiddard »»
Apr 1, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

191 by squiddard »»
Mar 31, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2019

217 by squiddard »»
Mar 30, 5:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.