Forum Settings
Forums

So... I kind of made decision to never watch these titles. I will never give them chance, no matter how high their score is.

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2019 6:25 PM

Jul 2015
Maneki-Mew said:
I don't know, if I should try Haibane Renmai one day, because I didn't like some similar things. For example, I started Texhnolyze, but never got motivated to watch more than ca 5 episodes, although I really liked Ergo Proxy and found Serial Experiments Lain interesting at least. But I found this one and Lain (a little bit) dry and I might think that Haibane Renmai is dry too.

Just saw your post. I can't stand Texh, love Lain and Ergo Proxy but I admit they can be heavy and weird for no real reason at times. None of that in Haibane Renmei, it's just one of the most beautiful stories ever written about depression and human relationships. Sad, but heartwarming somehow.
Feb 3, 2019 6:29 PM
Jan 2012
I remember you, you made that Xena topic.

We all have shows we avoid, but you shouldn't form an opinion of a show based on nothing but the summary and other people's opinions. Monogatari was a clear example of why you shouldn't do that, you're basing your refusal off it being a harem, when most of us even forgot it was a harem. It's a very different show that you've pretty much painted with the same brush you did with Highschool DxD.

You're free to like or dislike a show, and even avoid a show, but at least do so knowing what the shows are like. That's like avoiding Xena because "it's just a scantily clad woman there to be attractive".
Feb 3, 2019 6:31 PM

Dec 2012
The only things I can confidently eliminate are sequels to things I dropped. Everything else is fair game.

Anyhow, that's a pretty poor decision OP, that's a list full of good titles.
KruszerFeb 3, 2019 6:52 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 3, 2019 6:33 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Kyotosomo said:

2. I absolutely loathe Ecchi humor but even I have Highschool DxD on my Plan To Watch list. It's supposed to be a really good show even for Ecchi haters.

I wouldn't say that. I like it fine enough, but I think it's just got more mainstream appeal than a lot of ecchi does, in a way. Lots of battle shounen-y elements that take the forefront sometimes, the ecchi is deceptively basic, but it's still quite a bit at the forefront.

I kinda consider it less like a "even the people who don't like ecchi will like it" type deal and more of a "baby's first foray into ecchi" type thing, I guess. I kind of think of it like, Iunno, an SAO, AoT, or Naruto of this subset of anime. It caught popularity and recognition, especially with people who...kind of don't watch a lot of anime and just watch what manages to float to the top. It managed to float to the top because it kind of oil-and-water hybrids battle shounen-y stuff with ecchi stuff. Thus, it gets hyped because of that.

Still, pretty sure most people I know who dislike ecchi still end up disliking DxD quite a bit xP I like it just fine and don't want to sound like I'm railing on it, but, yeeaaaaahhhhhh from the way you put it I kind of worry that it sounds like you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Like it's going to have some vastly differentiating quality or something from the standard, which I think might be a bit of a hard argument to press tbh ._.
ManabanFeb 3, 2019 6:44 PM

Feb 3, 2019 6:49 PM

Apr 2017
I feel it's stupid to exclude potentially good shows by such rules. So I do not have any shows that I will absolutely not watch. There are many shows that I do not really feel like watching, and probably never will, but I won't say that I absolutely won't. If I get them recommended, I will check them out. I also do not have any such overly broad exclusion rules. That might just cause me to miss good stuff. I don't like harems, but I watch them occasionally if they seem good. Monogatari in particular also has little to no focus on harem, so it's very enjoyable in spite of its harem elements. I really dislike Yaoi or All Boys/fujo bait shows, but again, I don't exclude them. There are few that are good. Everything should be done on case by case basis. Also most shows have one male/female MC and several MCs of opposing genres, so you are excluding a lot of shows needlessly like that. Especially for shows that are actually popular and acclaimed, I would always give them a try if they look at least tiny bit interesting, even if they belong to genres that I generally do not like, since there is a reason why they are popular.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Feb 3, 2019 6:51 PM

Feb 2012
Cool. Now you can focus better on the 5000 anime you are going to watch.
Feb 3, 2019 6:57 PM

Aug 2016
2019 and there are still people who think that Monogatari is a harem lul
Feb 3, 2019 7:01 PM

Aug 2016
Psajdak said:
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, and everything related to it.

Stuff that adapts Reki Kawahara's works, although I did see first 13 episodes of SAO, and entire AW series, and AW OVA...
But I learned my lesson.

High School DxD. From what I know, the only good thing about this are hentai fanarts.

Monogatari series. People tell me all the time that this is harem franchise that is actually awesome, and I say, sorry folks, but I have no interest in one guy being sorrounded by beautiful girls, unless he is an orc, pig orc, middle aged school janitor, evil warlord who enslaved the entire Holy Elven Forest, or Ryuichi Kaizu from Aoki Hono, or simply just random evil demon with tentacles.

Kimi no Na wa. Because it's made by Makoto Shinkai, and it's probably one more of his movies filled with disgusting feels, and melodrama, and I'm at that point in life when I just don't want stuff that makes me feel bad, and down.

No Game No Life. Not even sure what this is all about, but seems to be harem, so, by default garbage.

There is probably a lot more, but I'm bored to mention it all.

Do you folks also have stuff that you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever give even a tiny bit of your attention, no matter how much others praise it.

Enjoy in thread.

After reading through the list, you're honestly not missing much missing these titles to be honest. Though I am a fan of monogatari, I can't deny the harem undertones to it and I accept it's criticism. Just a matter of preference really.

And yes, in your assumptions NGNL also is sort of a harem.

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

Feb 3, 2019 7:02 PM
Mar 2018
you should watch kimi no na wa. great movie and although it hits those feels, its the good type of feels.
Feb 3, 2019 7:04 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Depravedmagi/anime/wontwatch
I refuse to watch anything involving male idols.
Feb 3, 2019 7:19 PM

Nov 2018
It's a shame that you take watching this stuff so seriously that you simply taught yourself not to enjoy some aspects of it.

What's wrong with Re:Zero? Don't feel like being associated with a certain group of outspoken weebs? The show is pretty damn good /shrug

I didn't even know who Reki was, but quick research tells me you've watched basically all you'll ever need to watch from Reki already so what was the point of even listing his name

If you like the hentai fanarts, then you aren't too far off by just watching DxD

your reasoning for not wanting to watch the haremgatari show bewilders me so... really don't know what to say..? your tastes in harem seems to be a bit off on the deep side. Is it alright if I come to you for hentai recommendations?

Kimi no Na wa is definitely the guy's best work, but I can understand your reasoning for this one at least-- I more just disagree with you putting shows on a "Never watch" list.

Recently watched No Game No Life and it definitely should replace "Harem" with "Entertaining as hell". The show isn't a harem. My guess is another harem show came along and let No Game No Life borrow the "Harem" tag (I'm looking at Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei). There's incest though so I highly recommend it
Feb 3, 2019 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
Incest stuff, not the comedy kind, but the we love each other kind. Just not my bag. Everything else is fair game.

I watched naruto, loved it. But I watched it episode by episode as it came out. I'm older you see. I would probably never recommend someone to watch it. Its to much effort for so little reward. So bleach and one piece are probably never gonna make it to my watched list. I've seen a few episodes of each, but 50 episodes is really my limit. I want to hear the story, not be invited to grow old with these characters, you know what I mean? That being said, I will probably never watch Black Clover. I watched the first couple episodes, and it was identical to Naruto. Fool me once, shame on you anime world.

I am gonna pick a fight though, why do you hate harems? It's like one of the best genres IMO, but I love tropes and comedies! Some of them are a little over the top ecchi and crude, but I usually get a good laugh out of em. I mean if you hate comedy and fun... JK... a little... maybe not.
Feb 3, 2019 7:30 PM

Nov 2017
I will watch everything to avoid being a hipster roster.
Feb 3, 2019 7:34 PM

Jul 2016
Psajdak said:
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, and everything related to it.

Re:Zero is good. You actually feel like you accomplished something when you complete it. And the first major villain is hot.
Feb 3, 2019 8:00 PM

Dec 2015
I will never watch Sazae-san, I know just about that. I couldn't even if I wanted too though.
Feb 3, 2019 8:18 PM

Mar 2017
Calling Bakemonogatari a harem is like calling Madoka Magica a Magical Girl series or EVA a Super Robot series.

But you do you.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Feb 3, 2019 8:24 PM

Apr 2016
You know your autism is just gonna get worse if you don't see a doctor.

Oh wait there is no cure for autism.
Feb 3, 2019 8:25 PM

Aug 2017
I dont watch anime with horrible shitty fanbases just to spite the people who like those series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2019 8:29 PM

Apr 2018
Psajdak said:
Akerakai said:
Another day and another crappy thread made by you
Please, don't tell me you are another one of those guys who selfinsert themselves into MC's shoes, to feel like they are dating best grills. :/

That's what your favorites are telling me.
no wonder your threads are so bad with such thinking capacities :/
Feb 3, 2019 8:34 PM

Apr 2015
Bait.
Bait.
AND! More bait.

... But if you're serious you're missing out on a lot. >.> Well, a decent bit anyway.
Feb 3, 2019 10:30 PM
May 2018
Monarch-Reli said:
Bait.
Bait.
AND! More bait.

... But if you're serious you're missing out on a lot. >.> Well, a decent bit anyway.
Everyone has stuff they know they will dislike more or less.

I just can't enjoy anything where one guy is center of attention of multiple girls, while other men are ignored.

Plus, I am well aware that I will miss countless shows anyway, one life simply isn't enough to watch everything you could enjoy.

Feb 3, 2019 10:37 PM

Jul 2017
OP doesn't have a list so I can't judge his shitty taste. Darn.

Also how tf could you tell you won't like something just by looking at a synopsis of smthing. If anything watching Madoka taught me to never judge a book by it's front cover.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Feb 3, 2019 10:54 PM
May 2018
lazypigz said:
OP doesn't have a list so I can't judge his shitty taste. Darn.

Also how tf could you tell you won't like something just by looking at a synopsis of smthing. If anything watching Madoka taught me to never judge a book by it's front cover.
I used to list and rank stuff, but not anymore.

There are a lot of titles that I loved, but these are only some of those:

Dragon Ball
Pokemon
Berserk
Juni Kokuki
Monster
Naruto
Bleach
Saint Seiya
Kino no Tabi (original)
Baccano!
Gunbuster
Diebuster
Ruroni Kenshin

I liked even Madoka series, except for every part where Homura was present, and I already mentioned that to me, she is the worst garbage character I have ever seen; at the same time, I loved characters like Mami, Kyoko, and especially Sayaka who had really great development since the first time she appeared up to the last movie.
Feb 3, 2019 10:57 PM

Mar 2016
I.........I am not even sure what to say about this nonsensical "decision", but eh whatever, you do you, it's your choice. However, your statements about the series you mentioned feels like trying to make an objective point. You're not accomplishing anything beyond making enemies and grabbing negative attention with that sort of mindset.
RyuseishunFeb 3, 2019 11:01 PM
Feb 3, 2019 11:03 PM
May 2016
Psajdak said:
except for every part where Homura was present, and I already mentioned that to me, she is the worst garbage character I have ever seen

but why though
------------------------------
Feb 3, 2019 11:10 PM

Jul 2017
Psajdak said:

I liked even Madoka series, except for every part where Homura was present, and I already mentioned that to me, she is the worst garbage character I have ever seen; at the same time, I loved characters like Mami, Kyoko, and especially Sayaka who had really great development since the first time she appeared up to the last movie.
.... what? Garbage?

Seriously... what? This dude don't hold back with his choice of words.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Feb 3, 2019 11:17 PM
May 2018
Shiroanon said:

but why though
Because the way I saw her, she was Madoka's satellite, way too obsessed with her...
I mean, I can often find such characters even endearing, but in Homura's case, she was just unbearable.

I am well aware why is she so popular, but to me, it was like authors were trying really hard to make her as glued to Madoka as possible, and to be some tragic heroine, or whatever.
She is never clear, and never explains anything, except just mumbling incoherent stuff.

Everything she would do, even if it was for other people, in the end it would be just so Madoka wouldn't be sad.

Yeah Mdoka saved her, but other girls were also good to her.

Her whole arc is so forced, and ridiculous, especially when it was so obvious that authors tried so much to make her alienated from the others, and at the same time force her connection to Madoka (cause main heroine).

She is basically walking melodrama.

EDIT: One of my old threads about Homura...

Homura - biggest bitch? (spoilers)
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=368207
AjvisorFeb 3, 2019 11:21 PM
Feb 3, 2019 11:39 PM
May 2016
Psajdak said:
Shiroanon said:

but why though
Because the way I saw her, she was Madoka's satellite, way too obsessed with her...
I mean, I can often find such characters even endearing, but in Homura's case, she was just unbearable.

I am well aware why is she so popular, but to me, it was like authors were trying really hard to make her as glued to Madoka as possible, and to be some tragic heroine, or whatever.
She is never clear, and never explains anything, except just mumbling incoherent stuff.

Everything she would do, even if it was for other people, in the end it would be just so Madoka wouldn't be sad.

Her whole arc is so forced, and ridiculous, especially when it was so obvious that authors tried so much to make her alienated from the others, and at the same time force her connection to Madoka (cause main heroine).

She is basically walking melodrama.

but i digressed, i don't want to derail this thread from it's original topic
Feb 3, 2019 11:43 PM

Oct 2015
I probably won't watch anything Yaoi related that's basically smut. I thought I was okay with it but after watching Hitorijime My Boyfriend. Nope. Never. I'm willing to watch something like Doukyuusei though which feels like it's more than boys raping each other
Feb 3, 2019 11:51 PM

Jun 2017
you know no one cares and no one really wants to know your opinion get a blog this isn't a discussion
JudgesYouFeb 3, 2019 11:55 PM
Feb 3, 2019 11:54 PM

Mar 2016
Catalano said:
I won't be that picky in 2 years or so after I finish all my PTW list. I need my anime dose. You are missing a lot by not watching DxD
Holy fucking shit. I dropped High School DxD but now I'm gonna watch it.
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT
Feb 4, 2019 12:09 AM

Jul 2013
I love threads like this. Simply threads that are made to trigger people. Gotta love them. Since who cares what anyone watches. Just watch what you want.
Calal-ChanFeb 4, 2019 12:12 AM
Feb 4, 2019 12:14 AM
May 2018
Calal-Chan said:
I love threads like this. Simply threads that are made to trigger people. Gotta love them.
Why would anyone be triggered if someone says they won't watch certain anime?
Feb 4, 2019 12:15 AM

Jul 2013
Psajdak said:
Calal-Chan said:
I love threads like this. Simply threads that are made to trigger people. Gotta love them.
Why would anyone be triggered if someone says they won't watch certain anime?

Have you seen the people in this thread? Calling it to bait and what not. Basically, this is the kind of thread most trolls would make. So I just kind of join to laugh at these threads.
Feb 4, 2019 12:28 AM
May 2018
Calal-Chan said:
Have you seen the people in this thread? Calling it to bait and what not. Basically, this is the kind of thread most trolls would make. So I just kind of join to laugh at these threads.
I start threads, that's all, there is no deeper meaning to them, beside what is directly written in first post.

In this case, it is simply intended to be place where people can mention if there are some titles they have no intention of watching, no matter the score.

It's not my, or anyone else's fault that so many are provoked by pretty much anything.

Like, if I said I pears are five times tastier than apples, someone would come, and felt trolled.
Feb 4, 2019 12:30 AM
Feb 2016
Akerakai said:
Another day and another crappy thread made by you

How can I gave you a best message in the tread badge?
Feb 4, 2019 12:52 AM

Sep 2012
@Deknijff @Catalano

Not even the best girl of the show smh...

OT: Ohhh so this is where this thread comes from.

I love how you turned this blog post to a "discussion" at the end @Psajdak .
Feb 4, 2019 1:02 AM

May 2018
I'll never watch Monogatari franchise (watched bakemono-, nisemono- and kuro and I'm done), Fate franchise (watched stay night, bladeworks movie and zero, liked zero).
And I'll never ever watch any damn shit from KyoAni

Feb 4, 2019 1:07 AM
May 2018
sasalx said:
OT: Ohhh so this is where this thread comes from.

I love how you turned this blog post to a "discussion" at the end @Psajdak .
I do admit I'm writing pretty blog-like, but that's just how I write posts in general, not just threads.

Although, it's not only because of this thread; for a while now, many people thought I'm trying to bait them, which wasn't true.
Feb 4, 2019 1:24 AM
Jul 2018
Psajdak said:

Monogatari series. People tell me all the time that this is harem franchise

hahahahahaahahaha
this forum is such a goldmine
Feb 4, 2019 1:36 AM

Dec 2015
The Monogatari things?
Challenge accepted ! I'll end this horrible -looking trilogy prequel based on some uninteresting teen novel and start the TV show again right after.

@Maneki-Mew Haibana has nothing to do with those other titles. The only common denominator is that the artist whose concept arts/dôjinshi served as base material for the TV show is the one who worked as original chara-designer for those series (along NieA_7 who is diametrically opposite to them, NHK ni yôkoso, All you need is kill)
Feb 4, 2019 1:37 AM

May 2014
I don't think you're missing out on much by skipping those anime, but you never know what you might end up liking. I didn't think i'd like Dragon Ball, but i gave it a chance and ended up loving it. It's always worth giving something a try, even if you think you won't like it.
Feb 4, 2019 1:47 AM
Jul 2018
Deathko said:
Maneki-Mew said:
I don't know, if I should try Haibane Renmai one day, because I didn't like some similar things. For example, I started Texhnolyze, but never got motivated to watch more than ca 5 episodes, although I really liked Ergo Proxy and found Serial Experiments Lain interesting at least. But I found this one and Lain (a little bit) dry and I might think that Haibane Renmai is dry too.

Just saw your post. I can't stand Texh, love Lain and Ergo Proxy but I admit they can be heavy and weird for no real reason at times. None of that in Haibane Renmei, it's just one of the most beautiful stories ever written about depression and human relationships. Sad, but heartwarming somehow.

It's weird that something has many elements you would like, but you end up disliking the atmosphere to it, even if it should be like that.
But thanks for correcting me on Haibane Renmei!

Rei366 said:
@Maneki-Mew Haibana has nothing to do with those other titles. The only common denominator is that the artist whose concept arts/dôjinshi served as base material for the TV show is the one who worked as original chara-designer for those series (along NieA_7 who is diametrically opposite to them, NHK ni yôkoso, All you need is kill)

I might thought it was same director, not the artist / character designer, but didn't check it up again.
Thank you.^^
Feb 4, 2019 1:49 AM

May 2014
@Psajdak I don't think the fact that DB is considered a classic by some people changes my point. It was a show i thought i'd hate, but ended up really liking because i gave it a try.
But if you want more modern anime example of something i thought i wouldn't like, but ended up liking then there's Kemono Friends, Chihayafuru and Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon.
Feb 4, 2019 1:49 AM

Sep 2017
well you can never be sure of what you'll watch and what you won't watch......anything can happen and you can never judge an anime before you watch it.I also didn't like the Harem and fan service part in No Game No Life but other than that it was a solid watch.
Feb 4, 2019 2:56 AM

Jan 2017
Psajdak said:
For those who think this is bait thread, I think this could be relevant.

How I actually write troll/bait threads.

See, once you've admitted that you do start bait threads, your credibility is shot to hell. The fact that this doesn't look like those just means you've gotten better at it. Tactical error!
Feb 4, 2019 4:15 AM

Jul 2009
Not really.
I mean, its impossible to watch/read everything you want which means that there's going to be a lot of stuff I'm going to miss out, and I should focus on things that do grab my attention rather than things that don't.
But I won't refuse to watch anything, if something has enough praise I'll try to give it a check.
Sure, there are things that I end up not enjoying all that much, but I won't regret watching it, even if it's to discuss it with people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2019 4:40 AM
Oct 2018
I will never watch Clannad and the after story no matter what everyone says. I hate the eyes and the type of cry melodrama it tells.
Also Asterisk war is just terrible. There is just no other way to say it.
Feb 4, 2019 4:41 AM

Aug 2018
Psajdak said:

No Game No Life. Not even sure what this is all about, but seems to be harem, so, by default garbage.

So i'm not sure BUT i don't remember feeling like it was a harem anime when i watched it. ie i have watched a number of harem animes (disliked most esp the MC's and open endings) but no game no life gave me a more game feel (yes i know game is in the title).

not sure how to explain it but watching it was more like beating a game world rather than which girl is best or w,e
Feb 4, 2019 5:47 AM

Sep 2017
*didn't read anything except for title*

ye, understandable... don't try drugs
Signature
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What anime tend to get grouped together despite being at least somewhat different from each other, in your opinion? (Think Barbie and Oppenheimer)

arinthach - Apr 11

22 by AverageRiceFan »»
12 seconds ago

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

18 by AverageRiceFan »»
5 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

129 by FFandMMfan »»
14 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - Yesterday

17 by AverageRiceFan »»
15 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

71 by AverageRiceFan »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.