Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 2019 11:36 AM

Nov 2016
Fujiwara is simply best girl and her rap made it even more evident.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 2, 2019 12:13 PM

Apr 2015
Hylianticipated said:
Am I just missing something or are the Crunchyroll subs complete gibberish in the intro scene? What he's saying makes zero sense.

"Cat ears are your time, Fujiwara, as to Shinomiya is me. In other words, the time you brought was originally Shinomiya and cat ears alone."

That is the worst fucking English I have ever read in my life.

The rest of the episode was amazing though.

In the manga, when he saw Kaguya with cat ears, he made no sense grammar wise, hence what is happening at the intro.

That is why Chika was confused after realizing it.
Feb 2, 2019 12:17 PM
Apr 2016
Chika's rap was sick, she outplayed everyone rofl. Great episode, liked more than the previous one.
Feb 2, 2019 12:21 PM
Oct 2015
wow the difference in anime onlies and manga readers is clearly visible here. the anime audience called Fujiwara the best girl while the manga reader she was the last girl they could think of as the best girl. Wellwith last week's ED and that rap, it can't be avoided
Feb 2, 2019 12:29 PM

Mar 2016
The first part was hilarious. I had to pause and laugh. They were glaring at each other because they looked cute. haha. Kaguya actually said 'okawaii!!'

Chika started rapping and was so close to saying 'check it out'. She even played along with Shirogane's question and made Kaguya lose. Shirogane just lost because Kaguya really knows him.

The French vs Japanese was also hilarious. Shirogane looked "completely unaffected". The principal even said it looked like he understood nothing the girl was saying. lol. Then, Kaguya saved the day!! Her furious face was too much. hahaha
I wonder if they were speaking proper French. Probably no.

I am still waiting for the cute black haired guy from the opening (and now the ending as well). He looks like he'd be hilarious.
FuMomo-kunFeb 2, 2019 12:33 PM
Feb 2, 2019 12:45 PM

Apr 2018
This was the french equivalent of engrish
Feb 2, 2019 12:46 PM

Jul 2015
"Comme c'est mignon", god, the french speaking part delivered so, so hard.

Shirogane shivering at Catguya's perfection made me laugh from start to end, she sure as hell looks adorable with the cat ears!

Blessed Papa Shirogane finally appeared, he having Dio's VA is like the best combination ever, a marriadge I would say.
Feb 2, 2019 12:51 PM
Apr 2017
this is over exaggeration at its finest,well it's entertaining
Feb 2, 2019 12:54 PM
Jan 2019
Jajaja, no paré de reír con Shirogane respondiendo a los insultos de Betsy solo con "OUI" 😂.
Feb 2, 2019 12:54 PM

Nov 2013
Best episode do far, I can't stop laughing from the beginning to end
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Feb 2, 2019 12:59 PM

Mar 2016
Congintive said:
When are they going to show those ch with Fujiwara maternal love for President?
Next week confirmed
Feb 2, 2019 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
Another damn good quality episode and its hard to say this but still gotta say this episode better than the first three episodes. I am amazed how creative the content has been and even at some point how great the voice acting and the visuals makes the story hard to follow for me still having a blast alot.

5/5, that rap was quite epic stuff!
Feb 2, 2019 1:20 PM

Sep 2011
They adapted the french chapter about as well as they could I guess, the comedy for that chapter was just too deeply rooted in the way manga is exclusively visual storytelling. Other than that great episode and it was nice to see hayasaka finally introduced after brief cameos, I don't recall if she really did much in the first 40 chapters but hopefully there is. Ishigami is the one im eagerly awaiting an appearance, was sure they'd introduce him next week but I guess episode 6 will be his debut.

I have only 1 real nitpick with the ep, the joke with the word game I think got a bit ruined by the music, that punchline was great in the manga cause it tricks the viewer into thinking it might be doing something seriousish with Fujiwara only to abruptly end, the adaption kind of had this goofy music underplaying the scene so it was more obvious it wouldn't go that way. Also on that front, I think Fujiwara buzzing them out wasn't abrupt enough. But like i said its a nitpick i think it still worked fine even if both these elements felt a bit weaker than their source, its pretty much the first time in the anime adaption that it felt like this and even then its by a marginal difference but it kind of stands out cause of it.

Hylianticipated said:
Am I just missing something or are the Crunchyroll subs complete gibberish in the intro scene? What he's saying makes zero sense.

"Cat ears are your time, Fujiwara, as to Shinomiya is me. In other words, the time you brought was originally Shinomiya and cat ears alone."

That is the worst fucking English I have ever read in my life.

The rest of the episode was amazing though.
No your not missing anything, the joke is his brain basically shut down trying to remain calm whilst internally losing it.

pilotinha_ said:
Congintive said:
When are they going to show those ch with Fujiwara maternal love for President?
Next week confirmed
And so will begin the slow definitive blow that this series will never ever have a love triangle involving fujiwara for as long as subject F has to suffer for the incompetence of President.
JizzyHitlerFeb 2, 2019 1:28 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 2, 2019 1:26 PM

Apr 2015
JizzyHitler said:
They adapted the french chapter about as well as they could I guess, the comedy for that chapter was just too deeply rooted in the way manga is exclusively visual storytelling. Other than that great episode and it was nice to see hayasaka finally introduced after brief cameos, I don't recall if she really did much in the first 40 chapters but hopefully there is. Ishigami is the one im eagerly awaiting an appearance, was sure they'd introduce him next week but I guess episode 6 will be his debut.

I have only 1 real nitpick with the ep, the joke with the word game I think got a bit ruined by the music, that punchline was great in the manga cause it tricks the viewer into thinking it might be doing something seriousish with Fujiwara only to abruptly end, the adaption kind of had this goofy music underplaying the scene so it was more obvious it wouldn't go that way. Also on that front, I think Fujiwara buzzing them out wasn't abrupt enough. But like i said its a nitpick i think it still worked fine even if both these elements felt a bit weaker than their source, its pretty much the first time in the anime adaption that it felt like this and even then its by a marginal difference but it kind of stands out cause of it.

For me, I saw it coming that she is not serious and my nitpick in this case is the 'bon voyage' not included in the French chapter.

But damn the French chapter was done better than I thought, I am pleased no one complained about that cuz it felt a bit rushed but I am not complaining, not in a million years I thought they would adapt that chapter.
Feb 2, 2019 1:30 PM

Sep 2011
Mohammadalmannai said:
JizzyHitler said:

For me, I saw it coming that she is not serious and my nitpick in this case is the 'bon voyage' not included in the French chapter.

But damn the French chapter was done better than I thought, I am pleased no one complained about that cuz it felt a bit rushed but I am not complaining, not in a million years I thought they would adapt that chapter.
I also felt this episode felt a bit rushed but it really wasn't a big problem since nothing was ruined or anything, that's why I don't think anyone really is complaining.

Same for the french stuff, I also just accepted it wouldn't get adapted and if it did it wouldn't be as good, and while i do think the latter is true its still done so well to the extent that its only a small drop in quality for something that for all intents and purposes bordered on impossible to adapt. The fact that it even worked let alone to the degree it did is nothing short of a miracle. That said i now realize they skipped the origami girl which is a bit baffling and dissapointing.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 2, 2019 1:34 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
As someone who speaks french, i had no idea what the fuck they were saying for 3/4 of the time lmao.

Anyway, another really good episode!
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 2, 2019 1:34 PM

Sep 2011
Press F for the cut joke

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 2, 2019 1:41 PM

Nov 2014
I've never expected to like Chika so much. Characters playing such role are usually annoying, but her scenes are often better than those of main couple.
Feb 2, 2019 1:52 PM

Dec 2013
Btw, is that some reference?

I've no idea what's going on here.
Manga is no better:

Any ideas?
Feb 2, 2019 2:00 PM

Apr 2015
JizzyHitler said:
Press F for the cut joke

I am praying that they will put that scene in the blu-ray, I doubt it
Feb 2, 2019 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:

Manga is no better:

Any ideas?

No reference, probably gibberish confused words of Shirogane who got it wrong both time while trying to explain things.
Feb 2, 2019 2:07 PM

Jul 2010
allenjke said:
And seemed like perfect french overall.

Legendz-Senpai said:
But otherwise the rest is good French

If you believe it was good french, I hope you never set foot in France, unless you want to make people burst into laughter.

Hutrix said:
I didn't grasp 75% of what they said in french, and I am french. That's a bit scary to encounter my own language and not understand it '-'

Totally this. Had to rewatch 3 times to understand, why do they use japanese VA for french students ? Pop Team Epic did it properly, and I laughed at the jokes rather than the accent, in one go. It's already awkward enough with the uniforms, but at least they can justify with "hey I want to try this uniform thing, it's cosplay but we aren't looking out of place". I know I'm not in a better position to talk about my own accent when I speak other languages, but voice acting is not my job.
I'm sure english natives understand what I'm trying to say, since they have to deal with a lot of engrish cringe.
Feb 2, 2019 2:42 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Alot of great moments, Kaguya's neko was soo kawaii~~
We got to hear Kei's voice for the first time, I m hyped to see her appearing.
Also Hayasaka from now on getting a bigger role, nice.

And lets not forget she defending kaichou after all that verbal abuse he was getting.
Best girl.

Was that a language she invented at the end? xD
Feb 2, 2019 3:29 PM
Aug 2018
Didn't know that Miyuki's dad was actually DIO this whole time.

In this episode they further proved that Chika is the best girl this season, she is the one rapper that Eminem is to afraid to diss.
Feb 2, 2019 3:31 PM

Jun 2014
LOL that rap. Also all that French stuff was pretty funny too.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 2, 2019 3:51 PM

Dec 2013
Fujiwara suddenly rapping was amazing.
Feb 2, 2019 3:53 PM

Feb 2018
I should have payed attention during French class.
Feb 2, 2019 3:57 PM
Oct 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:

Manga is no better:

Any ideas?

he's really stunned by kaguya+cat ears combination he cant even makes sentence properly because his mind i blown by the cuteness
Feb 2, 2019 4:00 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm enjoying this show way too much and the sincere moments are amazing, just look at Kaguya going at the girl who insulted Miyuki, that was terrifying, she was really upset.

And Miyuki acknowledging what she did for him, Kaguya basically confessed there with a genuine smile (she knew he wouldn't understand this so she could go at it freely).

By far the best show of this season as of now.
Feb 2, 2019 4:02 PM

Sep 2012
Swagernator said:
Top 10 anime rap battles.

Too early.

Ah the French arc. Comme c'est migno... Also nice to see OP Dad.
Feb 2, 2019 4:40 PM

Jul 2016
can we have an ending with chika rapping ?
Feb 2, 2019 5:00 PM
Apr 2015
man I love her already!!

Feb 2, 2019 5:21 PM

Jun 2014
Ahh as I expected it was pretty rushed to cram 4 chapter without cutting the ending and opening, a lot of small stuff was cut from those 4 chapters.
Overall it doesn't change that much, the episode is still quite good but I wished they took a slower pacing for those 4 chapters since I liked them better than the previous one they chose...

Also holy shit it was hard to understand what Chika was saying in french, Kaguya was semi-understandable for Chika was just impossible.
Feb 2, 2019 5:48 PM

May 2018
KAWAEEEE !!! my god, I'm still smiling when thinking about this word shouted from Shirogane's mind.

Whoah Fujiwara do rap, now I'm thinking about what genre that Konomi Kohara can't sing. I mean, she also did rock in another anime, so yeah she is talented.

Another funny episode, really love this series so much.
Feb 2, 2019 5:51 PM
Jan 2016
what a fabulous episode, i laugh my ass off, honestly, i am truly loving this anime!

Ear cats part was really cute, Kaguya looks too much adorable with cat ears, and Shirogane was awesome, they were thinking that each other looked cute!

Fujiwara siddently start rapping, was priceless, didn't expect that, and was so funny how Fujiwara beated both of them!

Kaguya even more beautiful and adorable with long hair, i woulf like to see her like that in school outfit, the problems about phone messages and the phone conversation was pure gold, Kaguya expression are so much cute, i love her! I am glad to see Hayasaka having some screen type, i like her a lot, she did her best to help Kaguya!

Poor Shirogane, waited 30 min under rain!

French party was awesome, so funny seing Shirogane only answering "oui" to Batsy french insult, Kaguya suddently helping her beloved Shirogane insulting back Betsy was priceless!

That ending part was so beautifull, they endend in a draw, but i would like to know what she told him in a diferent languade!
Feb 2, 2019 6:30 PM

Apr 2016
President of Student Council of a Japanese school can't speak French?

Maybe he's just dumb.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
π = 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513
Feb 2, 2019 6:59 PM

Dec 2009
HOLY SHIT LOOOL

That cat ears act was fucking HILARIOUS LMAO

and holy shit LOL
confirmed, Chika is smarter than both of those idiots!

Godlike episode.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 2, 2019 7:17 PM
Jan 2018
Was that Dio I heard lmaooo
Feb 2, 2019 7:24 PM

Jul 2017
Chika can star 8 Mile, Eminem got nothing on her. The real Rap God.

This episode was really good with a lot of really funny scenes, I really liked the French part, I died laughing. Also, the build up for the shopping arc and then we got left with the rain. lmao

The old ED is back, no more Chika ED bur it's still pretty good.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Feb 2, 2019 7:27 PM
Jan 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:

Manga is no better:

Any ideas?
Nah, the cuteness of Kaguya with Cat ears overloaded his brain to the point that he could only talk gibberish, so its intentional. Hence why Chika was absolutely dumbfounded.
My Queens

Feb 2, 2019 8:09 PM

Aug 2018
Chika was so unbelievably cute in this episode!

Feb 2, 2019 8:14 PM

Sep 2011
ttcchen said:
Can someone please translate all the French that were spoken in this eps? Lol
most of it was gibberish

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 2, 2019 8:16 PM

Aug 2018
i managed to get this screenshot

uwu

Feb 2, 2019 8:49 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was fantastic, Kaguya is such a cutie, especially with the neko years.
Poor president, it was too much pressure, i feel you xD

This scene is so accurate, this is 200% me when i see a cute girl hahaha this is a way to accurate xD

It was so expected that Miyuki would be waiting there for her, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

That moment when not knowing a language is actually beneficial for you ahaha

That ending, so cute, i wonder what she said ;) Not hard to guess tho xD
I'm loving so much the OP and ED, they are so good!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 2, 2019 8:49 PM

Mar 2010
Chika is waaaaaaaaaaay too cute in this episode (and also a bit scary with her godlike wit during the bluff) >//////////////<

Kaguya's pretty adorable in this episode as well, especially in the phone scene~.

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Feb 2, 2019 8:53 PM

Jul 2013
This show was bumpy for me, but I think It grew on me after awhile. Also, dat rapping... Well could be worse. Chika is just too adorkable.

Feb 2, 2019 9:06 PM

Sep 2017
TheDarkMGames said:
You thought it was Shirogane's father, but it was I, Dio!
KONO DIO DA! *dio steals the spotlight*
Feb 2, 2019 9:12 PM

Jul 2012
Beatrice-KF said:
allenjke said:
And seemed like perfect french overall.

If you believe it was good french, I hope you never set foot in France, unless you want to make people burst into laughter.

You are no that good at reading sarcasm ...

Feb 2, 2019 9:14 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was pretty great,didn't realize till last week but Fujiwara is too fun to watch shes like a level 1 rapper now but has promise shes got the movements down lol.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.