Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2019 4:39 PM

May 2018
Thanos’s ultimate goal is to stop poverty, war and destruction.

His purpose is good.

From a strictly utilitarian stance, we should be cheering for Thanos because he causes the greatest good for the greatest number in the long run. Sure, lots of people die, but the opinions of the dead don’t count. In a generation, the pain of their loss will be gone.

He wasn’t heartless about killing people either. Every death he caused advanced his purpose.He was also willing to bear great personal sacrifice to get the soul stone. He sacrificed Gamora, who he truly loved for the good of the galaxy.

Also he wasn’t conquering for his own personal gain because he made good on his promise to retire to a farm to live out his days.
Jan 26, 2019 4:43 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah but at the same time the prime minister of Israel is the only person who can defeat Thanos.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 26, 2019 4:55 PM

Jun 2014
Who exactly is this "Thanos" person that people keep talking about?

Jan 26, 2019 7:24 PM

Jun 2015
LordNay said:

In a generation, the pain of their loss will be gone.

In a generation his whole solution will be undone. He's not a bad guy, just a stupid one.
Jan 26, 2019 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
People are quick to say Thanos is right but I doubt they are willing to shoot themselves in the head for the sake of others.

Jan 26, 2019 7:51 PM
Jul 2018
KaiserNazrin said:
People are quick to say Thanos is right but I doubt they are willing to shoot themselves in the head for the sake of others.

Yes. Whenever people argue in favor of Thanos, they pull themselves out of the equation as if they're not a living being like the rest of us. If they didn't pull themselves out, then it would be clear to them that the chance of being offed to apparently save the universe would be on the table and most would not take that bet.

It's an anachronistic black and white position.
Jan 26, 2019 7:53 PM

May 2018
HungryForQuality said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Yes. Whenever people argue in favor of Thanos, they pull themselves out of the equation as if they're not a living being like the rest of us. If they didn't pull themselves out, then it would be clear to them that the chance of being offed to apparently save the universe would be on the table and most would not take that bet.

It's an anachronistic black and white position.

Doing a raffle with all humans.

Problem solved.
Jan 26, 2019 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
Assuming we are talking about infinity saga as it was portrayed in the last avengers movie... Idk. Suspension of disbelief can only go so far sometimes. When I was watching that movie I didn't really find myself cheering for Thanos, cause his plan just seemed ridiculously stupid and Spongebob-tier naive.
Jan 26, 2019 7:59 PM
Jan 2013
thanos should snap his fingers but instead of half of pupulation dying he should give me half of his cock size
gone bai bai
Jan 26, 2019 8:05 PM

May 2018
Trading lives. Like when the US decided to trade a few lives by dropping bombs instead of invading the mainland and killing many more than necessary. Life isn’t black and white thats true.

Jan 26, 2019 8:18 PM

Oct 2018
His purpose was good but he killed like half the population and that doesn't mean everything is going to be stable for long because humans tend to fuck things up real fast. It could be more peaceful for a time, but it'll go back so purple goblin didn't do anything.

Just cuz a bad guy has good morals, doesn't mean their actions are good, plus Loki died and wow why you gotta kill such a pretty man, asshole.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Jan 26, 2019 8:24 PM

May 2018
Thanos is just a ripoff of Thomas Malthus

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jan 26, 2019 8:42 PM

Jan 2014
I'm so glad mass genocide is a good thing now.
Jan 26, 2019 8:46 PM

Oct 2013
I know he has good intentions but it doesn't make him a good guy either. I mean, killing lots of innocent people is beyond grim and I think it is something cannot be ignored.
Jan 26, 2019 9:06 PM
Jan 2013
LordNay said:
Why do you know his cocksize bruh
don't know his but I know mine
will take anyhthing
gone bai bai
Jan 26, 2019 10:25 PM
Jul 2018
KaiserNazrin said:

This. I mean, I understand his motivations, but I'm not saying he is right in any way.
It's easy to say things like that, if everything is fictional and you are if course not involved.

BackstageMage said:
His purpose was good but he killed like half the population and that doesn't mean everything is going to be stable for long because humans tend to fuck things up real fast. It could be more peaceful for a time, but it'll go back so purple goblin didn't do anything.

Just cuz a bad guy has good morals, doesn't mean their actions are good, plus Loki died and wow why you gotta kill such a pretty man, asshole.

Also this. All of the "But I want world peace and cake for everyone (left)"-plots are kinda dumb. Even if you could do that, people will start a new war tomorrow.
removed-userJan 26, 2019 10:29 PM
Jan 27, 2019 5:54 AM

Jul 2014
Thread moved from Casual Discussion
Take care of yourself

Jan 27, 2019 8:27 AM

Dec 2018
Seiya said:

I believe Thanos is a pioneering Mobile Taco vendor who specializes in the mass production and sale of unusually beefy tacos with sides that you might expect such as tortilla chips, beans, and rice. Under the guidance of Mistress Flavor, Thanos hatched a plan to cut down production costs and feed half the universe with his brand of quality, premium mexican food. To do this however requires the five infinity spices that were scattered throughout the universe. Ever since the conclusion of the 3rd Avengers movie, people all over the internet have been in rage-fueled debates on whether or not it was a good idea for Thanos to snap his fingers using his Fiesta Gauntlet and share his super secret formula that, if properly synthesized with the right ingredients, creates the ultimate and unstoppable hot sauce with half of all life that exists in the universe. You might have caught clips of that iconic scene.

"Did you do it?"

"yes"

"what did it cost?"

"Everything"

What she is specifically referring to is the decision to share the Super Secret Hot Sauce formula "El Diablo Hypernova" with half the universe. If he shares the sauce for free what need will there be to buy the tacos from his company? Also like half of all creation is dead or something I didn't pay much attention to that minor detail.

The last 10 years and hundreds of millions of dollars that have been invested have all led to this grand story that Marvel is sparing no expense or resource to tell. That is essentially the story of Thanos.
Jan 27, 2019 8:37 AM

Jun 2014
ANGRYFUCK said:
Seiya said:

I believe Thanos is a pioneering Mobile Taco vendor who specializes in the mass production and sale of unusually beefy tacos with sides that you might expect such as tortilla chips, beans, and rice. Under the guidance of Mistress Flavor, Thanos hatched a plan to cut down production costs and feed half the universe with his brand of quality, premium mexican food. To do this however requires the five infinity spices that were scattered throughout the universe. Ever since the conclusion of the 3rd Avengers movie, people all over the internet have been in rage-fueled debates on whether or not it was a good idea for Thanos to snap his fingers using his Fiesta Gauntlet and share his super secret formula that, if properly synthesized with the right ingredients, creates the ultimate and unstoppable hot sauce with half of all life that exists in the universe. You might have caught clips of that iconic scene.

"Did you do it?"

"yes"

"what did it cost?"

"Everything"

What she is specifically referring to is the decision to share the Super Secret Hot Sauce formula "El Diablo Hypernova" with half the universe. If he shares the sauce for free what need will there be to buy the tacos from his company? Also like half of all creation is dead or something I didn't pay much attention to that minor detail.

The last 10 years and hundreds of millions of dollars that have been invested have all led to this grand story that Marvel is sparing no expense or resource to tell. That is essentially the story of Thanos.

Lol, now that was certainly a good story.

I look forward to seeing more posts like this from you in the future.

Jan 27, 2019 9:09 AM

Dec 2016
i agree with his goal but do i want to be the one dying for that cause? no
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jan 27, 2019 11:42 AM

Jun 2014
Drovac said:
Seiya said:

You've never watched Infinity War or even heard about it? Are you living under a rock?

I don't watch movies that much, and I especially don't watch superhero movies.

Jan 27, 2019 11:44 AM

Jan 2009
lol at the comments on this thread agreeing with Thanos

the dude got the power of god and his power has Infinity word on it but he decided to not create Infinite resources for everybody but just think he should do genocide instead
Jan 27, 2019 11:56 AM

May 2018
deg said:

the dude got the power of god and his power has Infinity word on it but he decided to not create Infinite resources for everybody but just think he should do genocide instead

From what Ive seen/read about the infinity stones, they only can alter things (for example the time) but they cant create materia.

Jan 27, 2019 12:11 PM

Jan 2009
LordNay said:
deg said:

From what Ive seen/read about the infinity stones, they only can alter things (for example the time) but they cant create materia.

how about transform stuff to usable resources then? like the infinite amount of dark matter and dark energy that makes the universe expand in accelerated and infinite rate

if you apply all this stuff to real life then we got science and technology as our own infinity stones, as they say magic is just advance science we do not understand yet
Jan 27, 2019 12:19 PM

Dec 2017
Indeed.
Thanos intentions was for good,to make a peaceful galaxy with less conflicts.
And that's what makes Thanos a better "villain"(even tho I can't call him villain,more like an antagonist) for the rest of Marvel universe villains.He doesn't want destruction,he wants change.
However,that doesn't mean he's a good guy,remember he killed half of galaxy,including his own daughter,just for the sake of accomplish his own goal.He could achieve much greater things without killing half of galaxy but his mindset of escaping the half of galaxy dominate him.
Sure,there will be less conflicts but still conflicts and especially with half of the galaxy gone,people will ask questions and plans for an contra-attack .

I say that Thanos is more of a neutral character,he wants good but he will do bad things to accomplish them.
Jan 27, 2019 12:24 PM

Jan 2009
MemeLoner said:
Indeed.
Thanos intentions was for good,to make a peaceful galaxy with less conflicts.
And that's what makes Thanos a better "villain"(even tho I can't call him villain,more like an antagonist) for the rest of Marvel universe villains.He doesn't want destruction,he wants change.
However,that doesn't mean he's a good guy,remember he killed half of galaxy,including his own daughter,just for the sake of accomplish his own goal.He could achieve much greater things without killing half of galaxy but his mindset of escaping the half of galaxy dominate him.
Sure,there will be less conflicts but still conflicts and especially with half of the galaxy gone,people will ask questions and plans for an contra-attack .

I say that Thanos is more of a neutral character,he wants good but he will do bad things to accomplish them.

this Thanos is doing necessary evil stuff is missing the point though

the source of most conflicts is limited resources but the dude got the power of infinity in his damn hand that he is not using
Jan 27, 2019 1:39 PM

Nov 2018
he's just a broken hearted guy that desperately seeks peace, just leave him alone whether he's good or bad.. and look meanwhile the world is in chaos, spiderman will having his summer vacation in europe.
Jan 27, 2019 6:30 PM

Jan 2016
This entire time I've been saying to people he wasn't a bad person. Every single time people would pull back and give me a weird look. Glad to see other people understand that he was good guy doing what he thought was good for the universe. Even if what he was doing was completely awful.
Jan 27, 2019 6:56 PM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
thanos is a bad guy because he is too THICC for this world to understand
Jan 28, 2019 5:53 AM

Oct 2018
I think Thanos is an idiot,who needs to die.
Hail Thor.

Jan 28, 2019 7:27 AM

Sep 2017
The hardest choices require the strongest wills
Jan 28, 2019 8:10 AM

Jan 2015
Only hitler could have stopped him
Unfortunately hes gone too soon

ur opinion = shit
Jan 28, 2019 10:17 AM

Oct 2018
Whenever people mention Thanos I can't help but think of Beerus from DragonBall Z. (Destruction runs in my genes)

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jan 29, 2019 3:34 PM

Nov 2018
Thanos is a good vilain and a way better meme.

Jan 29, 2019 9:13 PM

Jun 2015
Are some of ya'll saying mass genocide is a good thing now? Wtf lol

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Mar 3, 2019 10:16 PM

Jul 2013
Then Thanos should have been as evil as Joker, Carnage and even Darkseid.
Mar 4, 2019 2:02 AM

Jun 2016
Ardyn Izunia isn't a bad guy.

Thanos is.
Mar 4, 2019 3:42 AM

Mar 2015
deg said:
LordNay said:

how about transform stuff to usable resources then? like the infinite amount of dark matter and dark energy that makes the universe expand in accelerated and infinite rate

if you apply all this stuff to real life then we got science and technology as our own infinity stones, as they say magic is just advance science we do not understand yet

Lmao at this comment being ignored, because you're right. This solves the problem of Thanos entirely. You're trying to tell me a dude can turn bullets and lazers into bubbles but can't turn rocks into bread? Marvel was just hoping we wouldn't think of that during the movie.
Mar 4, 2019 3:45 AM
Jul 2018
TAKASHI NASUJIMA DID NOTHING WRONG
Mar 4, 2019 3:53 AM

Jan 2011
But if you read the comics you know he's really just doing it because he wants Death's pussy.
Mar 7, 2019 12:23 PM
May 2015
Thanos is crazy, in fact he's described in the comics as the Mad Titan. That's the edge between evil and good.

Haneken2086Mar 7, 2019 12:33 PM
Mar 7, 2019 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
Imagine u being a 4 year old kid and both your parents vanish or if just the people you love the most disappear. Think about that and tell me he isnt a bad guy.
And if he thinks he can stop war, poverty and destruction he doesnt know shit about humans cuz that is what they will always do no matter how many are on earth. No clue about Alien races cuz we dont know shit about them, but its probably the same.
Mar 7, 2019 5:18 PM

Feb 2019
deg said:

If he created infinite resources, people would've just reproduced infinitely, then stopped reproducing altogether. Part of the Malthus experiment mentioned previously in this thread was discovering that people go into a spiritual withdrawal and isolate themselves when abundant resources allow for overpopulation.
Mar 7, 2019 9:04 PM

Jun 2015
Humans.

That is the problem you see, Thanos affects the entire fuckin universe, not just shitty humans. Also, while the black order did murder, nay slaughter, NAY BUTCHER half the populace of countless planets, Thanos's goal was proven by the example of gamora's planet. while ignoring his "solution" led to the destruction of titan.

But the thing you ppl miss is that He with the infinity gauntlet complete did not need to KILL a single person like he and the order did before, He didnt kill anyone. He erased them from existence. BIG difference! and that is what makes his plan viable.

also for idiots saying put yourself in that equation, even if you were to kill yourself, it wouldnt matter, yes you are right. bcz killing yourself means 7 billion minus ONE, and that one is left a fuckin corpse for someone else to deal with.

What Thanos did works bcz of 2 reaswons:
1) the lack of residue.
2) its sheer scale.
Mar 9, 2019 3:47 AM

Oct 2009
No he isn't. But society's sheep know no better ^
Mar 9, 2019 8:26 AM
Mar 2019
hes a hypocrite
he should have just killed everybody
Mar 9, 2019 8:31 AM

Apr 2016
i read this thread as thanos isn't a bald guy
Mar 10, 2019 10:39 AM
Feb 2016
He's a genocidal abuser. Even though the film does give him a sympathetic side, it's pretty clear that he's an awful person.

Mar 10, 2019 1:21 PM

Feb 2019
Mayumi said:
Are some of ya'll saying mass genocide is a good thing now? Wtf lol

It's not genocide if he's eliminating half of all life forms. If he was like "This universe would be a better place without Skrulls" that would be genocide. Remember, Thanos snapped quintillions but at least he isn't racist. Silver linings.
Mar 10, 2019 2:27 PM

Nov 2017
Thanos is an yugioh card.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶?
𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

¡ǝɯ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝɹǝɥ uᴉ ʞɔnʇs ǝɹ,no⅄

More topics from this board

» Slowed & Reverb and Sped up Music

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

1 by SnipeStrike »»
47 minutes ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7672 by juanlqr »»
1 hour ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3436 by Pengawas »»
10 hours ago

» what's your favourite artist and/or band of all time?

brainburger - Apr 28

22 by ryan77999 »»
Yesterday, 5:35 PM

» So, I watched Who Killed Captain Alex

ZeroMajor12 - Yesterday

6 by ryan77999 »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.