Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 13, 4:50 AM

Nov 2019
Anyone listen to slowed & Reverb or sped up versions of popular songs?
What are your thoughts? Better or Worse than original?

I enjoy the occasional sped up and slowed song every now and then; Some songs hit so clean on slowed vs original whereas some hit so clean on sped up. Sad songs on slowed and upbeat songs on sped up is my usual preference. i.e Akon - Lonely (slowed) or Feels (Sped up)
May 13, 6:26 AM

May 2022
Slowed Reverb is pretty good, I like it best on rock, metal, hip hop and 80s pop. Most of the time it sounds better for me on the first few listens, but after that I return to the original song.

Sped up/nightcore music is one of my guilty pleasures, I still secretly listen to stuff like Cascada - Everytime We Touch, DJ Splash - Sound of My Dream, Skymarshall Arts - Forever Gamer, and DJ Satomi - Waves nightcore versions even though I went past my nightcore phase years and years ago.
May 13, 12:05 PM

Jul 2016
I listen to breakcore so vocal changes in samples are very common. If done well its a vibe.
May 13, 12:40 PM

Aug 2018
Sleepwalker (Slowed), 10/10

May 13, 3:52 PM

May 2024
The only time I've ever really preferred reverb/a slowed reinterpretation over the original is in Far Cry 5. Hammock did a soundtrack for the game that's filled top to bottom with this stuff; it's real good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qODreM5mrJs
May 14, 9:53 AM

Dec 2015
Slowed/Reverb sounded quite odd to me.

Sped up which is what they are called now, quite a years ago it was calld Nightcore or Nigthstep, in some cases it sounded quite good, in some others it was terrible it depends on the person behind the edit. [I've done few Nightcore stuff on my own, as it was fun thing to do aswell as it was easy]

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7756 by Zedlin »»
9 minutes ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3488 by Zedlin »»
9 minutes ago

» My Critiquing Tolkien & It Isn't About Aragorn's Tax Policy

kenshinotaku9998 - 8 hours ago

3 by Soverign »»
42 minutes ago

Poll: » Game of Thrones vs Attack on Titan

DOSS300 - Mar 26

28 by ShuisBased2 »»
8 hours ago

» To which anime does this song belong?

akustir - Jan 25, 2014

3 by akustir »»
Today, 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.