3It was OK
25.4%
2Disliked it
6.2%
1Hated it
3.8%
Average 3.9
130 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 25, 2019 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Accelerator isn't messing around especially when it comes to Hamazura.

Hamazura and Takitsubo Rikou got a decent amount of screen time together. And to be honest, Rikou really shows her concern for Hamazura besides the usual jokes. Accelerator and his group makes some risky and calculated moves this episode. A bit of a tense episode if you ask me.
Jan 25, 2019 8:28 AM

Feb 2013
That guy must have a special weapon if he is talking to Accelerator like that, I hope it's not a lame jammer thing.
Jan 25, 2019 8:40 AM

Nov 2009
Okay thats it, this season of index is a joke..may as well add another 10000 characters with idiotic names who work for groups with idiotic names.
Oh and give em all masks or fake skin to make things even more stupid..i had to laugh at this scene tbh.
When Index season 2 aired a lot of people made fun of it and called it A Certain Magical Side Character, this is even worse now.
I wont lie, i have no idea whats going on since episode 1 and i made it pretty far with this, till now.
I guess this is for people who know the LN.

I like the Biribiri series tho, hope they wont ruin this one.

Jan 25, 2019 9:08 AM

Apr 2014
Saito6689 said:
Okay thats it, this season of index is a joke..may as well add another 10000 characters with idiotic names who work for groups with idiotic names.
Oh and give em all masks or fake skin to make things even more stupid..i had to laugh at this scene tbh.
When Index season 2 aired a lot of people made fun of it and called it A Certain Magical Side Character, this is even worse now.
I wont lie, i have no idea whats going on since episode 1 and i made it pretty far with this, till now.

Mate if u dont like it jus drop it, from what i gathered it seems to be a torture to u to continue watching. The adaption was in mind that the watcher is a ln reader so the director and acreenwriter put only the highlights of esch reapective arc into the series. U should consider this series a highlight reel to the ln. It needed 36-38 to be a competent adaption, sadly it got sacrificed for the other juggernaut by kadokawa.

To the episode liked it flowed better than the previous science arc and it had some nice consistent animation as aiwass is not cg hyped. šŸ˜‰
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jan 25, 2019 9:21 AM

Jul 2012
I also remember it was frantic while reading this arc. Don't remember the scene with Hamazura just dropping and shooting, that looked very strange ... And just wasn't questiong at all him just killing people, it felt for Accel like it's "natural" ... Not to talking about his morale, but i'm pretty sure he doesn't ever talk how he killed people, even if it was for protecting and they were bad ones.
The preview with some hype.
Jan 25, 2019 9:33 AM

Jan 2009
lol i do not understand shit

but Hamazura rescuing her girlfriend is cool

and Accelerator and his GROUP is trying to find out what DRAGON is
Jan 25, 2019 9:33 AM

Apr 2014
Saito6689 said:

Ughhh, this is kind of why Nagai should have adapted Liberal Arts City arc instead of that god awful non-canon silent party arc.

God no, this isn’t for LN readers, it’s like someone serving you shit that you know was previously a delicious feast and expecting you to pay them. The knowledge that there was once a delicious feast only makes it more painful.

And god poor Aiwass, they better not delete his iconic speech and phrase. I guess the only thing that can kill god is the disgusting greed of corporation and capitalism.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 25, 2019 9:40 AM
Mar 2016
How do people not understand what’s happening I’ve understood this whole season and I haven’t read the LN
Jan 25, 2019 11:30 AM

Apr 2010
So when will this preview end.
As much as a hate...i mean like bad action movies i can't wait for this to end.
All i can tell is that a lot of things are going on but there isn't any explanation at all.
Jan 25, 2019 11:37 AM
Dec 2018
Aversa said:
All i can tell is that a lot of things are going on but there isn't any explanation at all.
Well there is a lot of people who think this series is improving but yeah it is a bad example of action which I don't want JC Staff to do with the director as well.
Jan 25, 2019 11:42 AM

Feb 2014
Hamazura isn't strong, but at least he has luck on his side. Being able to convince the helicopter pilot to fly him to the skyscraper and successfully take down an armed team on the roof top was impressive, but being spared by Accelerator after Hamazura jumped to conclusions was very fortunate. At least he was able to rescue the delicate Takitsubo.

Now its all hands on deck with three different fights to focus on, with Accelerator's one being the more interesting of the three. The preview does bring some hype for some good action ahead, so I hope that's the case so this arc can be wrapped up decently. =)
Jan 25, 2019 1:41 PM
Oct 2018
Saito6689 said:

Uh, I don’t know if I should laugh at you, because railgun 3 assuming it doesn’t get fillered to hell will also introduce a lot of new characters, also some of your complaints like fake skin man(his name is etzali, an atzec magician) has been around since the first damn season
Jan 25, 2019 1:56 PM

Apr 2014
Tiau said:
Saito6689 said:

Uh, I don’t know if I should laugh at you, because railgun 3 assuming it doesn’t get fillered to hell will also introduce a lot of new characters, also some of your complaints like fake skin man(his name is etzali, an atzec magician) has been around since the first damn season

Besides fake skin man will also appear in railgun s3 ;)
-Accelerator-

Jan 25, 2019 1:58 PM

Apr 2014
Aversa said:

The whole season has been rushed as f so far, no wonder u feel this. The novel of this arc was extremely detailed and explained lots of stuff that happened and how all got together it was breathtaking, also it flowed so well. The anime is making it a huge dissatisfaction. I would advise ya to read the ln those are epic good.
-Accelerator-

Jan 25, 2019 2:00 PM

Jul 2017
This was painfully boring.
Jan 25, 2019 2:05 PM

Nov 2009
I may have hurt some hardcore fanbabys with my criticism, that makes me feel really warm inside.
Jan 25, 2019 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
Hamazura being useful again by attempting to save Takitsubo. I ship it!

Next week seems to become fun with more action, however I can't seem to follow everything from the story sadly. So confusing.
Jan 25, 2019 2:12 PM

Oct 2010
Yeah. So many people 'understand' what's going on.
And I have no clue. Not because I do not remember 1st season side character. But because things just happen for no reason or counter-reason.

"Hello, hello, my level 4 friend is not answering. Let's go burning underground mall because A)she must be there B)we are going to be ultra-useful since we are both powerless and both injured."

"Hello, hello, I am mighty Accelerator. My battery run out and I am useless. Oh, I am powered up again and going to meet some old lady. And I need that certain stupid boy who thinks I am hero so old lady decides to help me. And everyone around says 'DRAGON' because it sounds cool."

If this show is for LN readers only then bundle it with books, if not - then do the favor implement action-consequences routine. Right now it is just yolo-yolo all the way.
Jan 25, 2019 2:17 PM

Jul 2017
Who is the guy GROUP is chasing? What’s his objective?

Why is Stephanie fighting Kinuhata?

I swear the old woman was the same one Tsuchimikado killed?

Why is this idiot Hamazura carrying injured pink tracksuit girl in a underground mall that caught fire??

Who are the black people saving shapeshifting dude?

I’m so lost on what the hell is happening that I don’t care anymore.

This season is trash. End it, and let’s get on with Railgun
Jan 25, 2019 2:57 PM

Feb 2015
Why do we need to keep jumping to this stupid side arc which aside from Accelerator has none of the main characters of the series. FFS Accelerator is getting his own series, put it in that. The whole Touma and Index story ended so abruptly and no we get this mess. Im so disappointed in this third series, the lack of focus and poor direction has been painful.
Jan 25, 2019 3:11 PM
Dec 2018
Saito6689 said:
I may have hurt some hardcore fanbabys with my criticism, that makes me feel really warm inside.
Lol I see what are you doing.
Jan 25, 2019 3:18 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm while Hamazura's attempt to force the pilot to help him
didn't work out as planned its nice that she was able to see the true reason for his actions and decide to help. Hamazura sure had a close brush with death though but at least he was able to get to Takitsubo. Group's ploy though was pretty well played. Though to think that other groups have also managed to infiltrate the city as well. Im really curious to see what dragon actually is though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2019 3:34 PM

Jan 2008
Did that helicopter pilot girl seriously managed to threaten someone with just a razor while the other was literally holding a gun at her face?
Jan 25, 2019 3:55 PM
Oct 2018
OG_Gattsu said:
Who is the guy GROUP is chasing? What’s his objective?

Why is Stephanie fighting Kinuhata?

I swear the old woman was the same one Tsuchimikado killed?

Why is this idiot Hamazura carrying injured pink tracksuit girl in a underground mall that caught fire??

Who are the black people saving shapeshifting dude?

I’m so lost on what the hell is happening that I don’t care anymore.

This season is trash. End it, and let’s get on with Railgun

A lot of this is either not really all that confusing or told to you last episode, you sure don't care indeed.
They're chasing the guy by the way who is a member of the board of directors, because he knows about DRAGON.
1.As mentioned last episode, she wants revenge(although to be fair it seems CR subs actually butchered the meaning of what she said) because Saiai took out the SCHOOL sniper in the battle royale arc.
2.Oyafune has long been revealed to be alive, Tsuchi shooting her was to only serve as punishment, rather than actually murdering the woman as she said.
3.I actually can't remember too well about that detail, but Hamazura can be a idiot at times
4. You're not supposed to know who they are yet, but considering they look like the "shapeshifter" dude and his female friend who is established to be apart of an Atzec Magician group...

also excuse me if I'm wrong but other than the shock reveal at the end of the episode with two other magicians coming out of disguise, wasn't there literally only two new real(named) characters introduced in this arc so far, just Stephanine and the board of the director
TiauJan 25, 2019 4:07 PM
Jan 25, 2019 6:34 PM

Dec 2014
One twist after the another
Jan 25, 2019 7:11 PM

Apr 2014
Saito6689 said:

Not sure what you mean? You would have to be literally blind or retarded to think any fans of the series would gave any praise to the anime adaptation.

You aren't even technically giving any criticism, though its not like you could, the anime is currently so detached from the source, as a 5 minute sock puppet summary is to Lord of the Rings trilogy movie.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 25, 2019 8:57 PM

Aug 2018
I understand nothing, this show is shit. That kid who accelerator saved being there and his dialogue was cliche as fuck and frankly very stupid. The helicopter scene was also stupid and I'm not a fan of Hamazura being a main character now. We already have Touma for the level zero MC. I'd prefer if Mikasa got more focus, Touma, Accelerator and Mikasa would be a perfect trio for main characters.

I know the LN is better, I've read the first few and they're a thousand times better than the anime but reading LN aren't really my thing so I procrastinate on it. If anything this season has killed off my interest in reading the LN because it's so disappointing.

Paul said:
Did that helicopter pilot girl seriously managed to threaten someone with just a razor while the other was literally holding a gun at her face?

I know right, special training or not that didn't make too much sense.

AcceleratorAngel said:

The adaption was in mind that the watcher is a ln reader so the director and acreenwriter put only the highlights of esch reapective arc into the series. U should consider this series a highlight reel to the ln. It needed 36-38 to be a competent adaption, sadly it got sacrificed for the other juggernaut by kadokawa.

Well that seems like an injustice to LN readers as well. Must pain them to see such a mediocre adaptation. I don't understand why this series gets such a shitty adaptation when the franchise is a huge cash cow and it has such an interesting world.
What other juggernaut, isn't index super poupular?
xLoopJan 25, 2019 9:01 PM
<Insert clever quote>
Jan 26, 2019 12:05 AM
孔ēœŸćƒ»ć‚³ć‚¦ćƒžć‚³ćƒˆ

Jun 2017
Poor episode, things are just far too rushed and random at the moment. Poor direction and inconsistent flow to the episode, too.

Hamazura’s got incredible luck though and it was nice to see the touching reunion between him and Takitsobu. Him threatening the pilot with a gun but being threatened back with a razor was .. ingenious, really. Accelerator is just badass as ever and looks like we’re going to see him all out next episode, looking forward to that! Etzali copying Oyafune’s form was obvious but the other two security guards doing the same too felt odd. Looks like things are much more complex than what GROUP had anticipated. DRAGON is still mysterious and Kinuhata in trouble. Will Touma come to save the day for the heroes of the Academy City or will this be yet another Science arc without his presence?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 26, 2019 12:49 AM

Jun 2008
Man, what a huge mess this season is for Index.

Even IF I knew what the hell was going on...the way it jumps around and the amount of new characters we’re supposed to care about or whatever is ridiculous!

This is a disappointment to be perfectly honest.

I’m just waiting for Railgun at this point.
Jan 26, 2019 12:55 AM

Jul 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
Will Touma come to save the day for the heroes of the Academy City or will this be yet another Science arc without his presence?

Are you just forgot about Touma said he will go to Russia to punch Fiamma at the end of Episode 14? Also this arc is take placed during British Royal Arc, so no Touma will not appear in this arc.

Seeing how Aiwass was animated in the preview, I wonder how will they gonna handle Accelerator's White Wings in the later episodes? I hope it's not another CGI like Kakine's wings.
Jan 26, 2019 1:22 AM
孔ēœŸćƒ»ć‚³ć‚¦ćƒžć‚³ćƒˆ

Jun 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
_MushiRock11_ said:
Will Touma come to save the day for the heroes of the Academy City or will this be yet another Science arc without his presence?

Are you just forgot about Touma said he will go to Russia to punch Fiamma at the end of Episode 14? Also this arc is take placed during British Royal Arc, so no Touma will not appear in this arc.

Right, of course.
It seriously makes it feel like a side-story arc then, for an anime-only such as I.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 26, 2019 1:38 AM

Jul 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Right, of course.
It seriously makes it feel like a side-story arc then, for an anime-only such as I.

Well.... the main purpose of this arc was just explains what is DRAGON and both Accelerator and Hamazura went to Russia at the end, as this arc is just a set up for the final arc of season 3.

Just rewatched the episode in English Sub, I just realized something.......... did Tecpatl's design in the anime was based on Mikoto's father? Because Tecpatl's face look a bit like him, or is this just me?
Jan 26, 2019 5:21 AM

Dec 2018
It's funny because all this exposure of characters, groups, powers / spells is basically useless because in the end the whole arc will end in the same way as always, in fact the whole plot of index is an endless cycle of:
-Touma and her girls try to stop it.
-They beat them up, someone stronger comes to help.
-He also takes a beating.
-Touma defeat him with a punch in the face.
-Another bad guy one comes out worse than the previous one taken out of nowhere.
-And defeats him again with a punch in the face.

So many grandiloquent speeches, so many characters trained for years with a power that claims to be the most OP that exists, and all for nothing because a simple high school student can annul it with his arm.
Jan 26, 2019 6:11 AM
Oct 2018
Fede_5000 said:
It's funny because all this exposure of characters, groups, powers / spells is basically useless because in the end the whole arc will end in the same way as always, in fact the whole plot of index is an endless cycle of:
-Another bad guy one comes out worse than the previous one taken out of nowhere.

So many grandiloquent speeches, so many characters trained for years with a power that claims to be the most OP that exists, and all for nothing because a simple high school student can annul it with his arm.

What? Touma isn’t even in this arc
Jan 26, 2019 6:19 AM

Dec 2018
Tiau said:
Fede_5000 said:

What? Touma isn’t even in this arc
which will not last long and eventually everyone will go to Russia for the big event just for Touma to do everything.
That's why Misaka and accelerator will never stand out beyond their own series.
Jan 26, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2016
Is that Aiwass on the preview?
Jan 26, 2019 6:39 AM
Nov 2009
The story feels all over the place. I thought I was watching a segment of Scooby Doo for a sec.
Jan 26, 2019 9:51 AM

May 2018
Ok so who is this Hamazura guy and what his relationship with that Takitsubo girl????

Ok so it looks like Kinuhata Saia has been shot by Stephanie Goregouspalace, so why is she still alive????/
JiangHaoyi1979Jan 26, 2019 10:10 AM
Jan 26, 2019 10:45 AM

Jul 2017
Confusing, but i'm still enjoying this season nevertheless. All i care about is that my man Accelerator is back and doing Accelereator things.
Jan 26, 2019 12:11 PM

Mar 2015
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Ok so who is this Hamazura guy and what his relationship with that Takitsubo girl????

Ok so it looks like Kinuhata Saia has been shot by Stephanie Goregouspalace, so why is she still alive????/

Hamazura appeared in the end of second season.
'Cause of her "Offense Armor". Read Wiki, if you want to know more.
https://toarumajutsunoindex.fandom.com/wiki/Kinuhata_Saiai#Offense_Armor
Jan 26, 2019 12:49 PM
Oct 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Both characters are from older episodes and previous seasons. Hamazura just really likes her and wants to help out/be useful
Saiai is alive because of her esper ability, if you want to see it in action it’s first (animated) appearance was railgun S
Jan 26, 2019 5:24 PM

Feb 2010
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

because shes from the dark may project which they left out explaining. her entire esper power is based off accelerators defensive abilities. so she can easily stop bullets.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 26, 2019 6:12 PM

Apr 2013
Accelerator got a decent amount of screentime, so it was a decent episode.
The helicopter pilot threatening Hamazura with a knife was hilarious, if she stabbed him by surprise it would have been okay, obviously that can't happen for the Plot, so they should have at least given her a gun lol.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jan 26, 2019 11:04 PM
Mar 2015
Got to love Accelerator and his desire to make sure that Last Order is safe from Dragon. they do go through a lot of cannon fodder (terrorists and security guards) without really killing the mains
Feb 1, 2019 11:37 AM

Aug 2013
Hamazura was useful and brave in this episode.

Feb 3, 2019 7:14 AM

May 2015
EYYYYYYY hamazura is useless.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 8, 2019 10:34 AM

Nov 2016
At least I'm not the only one who's confused xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2019 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
Accelerator is getting his own show. Why don't they don't just put all this stuff into that show. It feels like they're just cramming everything into this season.
Mar 21, 2019 10:46 AM
Oct 2018
garydai said:
Accelerator is getting his own show. Why don't they don't just put all this stuff into that show. It feels like they're just cramming everything into this season.

Accelerator is a protagonist of Index, his stuff has to be covered even if they weren't trying to finish rest of OT in one season
Mar 22, 2019 4:44 AM

Aug 2013
Tiau said:
garydai said:

Accelerator is a protagonist of Index, his stuff has to be covered even if they weren't trying to finish rest of OT in one season

I haven't read the LN, but whenever it goes to Accelerator and his group I always feel like they're rushing through stuff. It can get frustrating to watch.

I thought they could treat him similar to Misaka and her group. I know she's probably doing stuff in the background, but they're saving it for her show. I'm okay with that. Obviously I haven't read the LN, so maybe they can't do that with Accelerator.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.