Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 24, 2019 9:29 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Deku's plan did involve using Urakara's gravity power after all.

What, a new quirk emerges?!
Jan 24, 2019 9:35 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Shinso can’t catch a break against these blessed students lol
Jan 24, 2019 9:42 PM
Jul 2018
>literally goes out of control for Black whip few chapters ago
>previous OFA gives nice little talk about anger and power
>uses effectively next chapter

But remember Deku has to cross so many "hurdles"?! Quality writing, basically shounen Ben 10.

removed-userJan 24, 2019 9:47 PM
Jan 24, 2019 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
Words can't describe how proud I am of my son, Mineta. What a master strategist he is. Remaining chill in all circumstances and killing two birds with one stone, Mineta has the qualities of the greatest hero. No wonder his intelligence is 5/5 in the book. LOL.

Edit: Unlike the last few chapters, this is easily a 5/5 chapter. I FUCKING LOVE THIS MANGA. Hopefully Deku loses though because Shinso really derserves it.
removed-userJan 24, 2019 10:16 PM
Jan 24, 2019 10:16 PM

Aug 2017
Frostbytes said:

But remember Deku has to cross so many "hurdles"?! Quality writing, basically shounen Ben 10.

Eh not a good comparison. Ben was never able to switch powers like that & the instances he could were extremely special occasions only seen in a handful of episodes which was then immediately lost at the end of said episode.

Better comparisons would be with Beet the Vandal Slayer or Rave Master because those series involve protagonists with the ability to switch between multiple distinct powers & abilities.

Man that color page is fucking dope. Weren't they making an OVA about the fantasy setting?
I used to be a watchmaker.
Jan 24, 2019 10:16 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Nobody talked about how fucking phenomenal the colorspread was? Shame, it’s one of his best and the symbolism between Deku and Kacchan’s swords was a great one. Momo looks BAMF.

So much happened in this one chapter. I’m glad Deku is taking a step up and being selfish in his tactics instead of cautious, which might speak ill but it’s interesting development he got from Kacchan. Mina shines here and so did Mineta, I think the crowd underestimated their powers but working long and short range attacks was smart.

The small flashback to Aizawa and Shinsou was cute too. Aizawa is getting soft.

Frostbytes said:

It’s not like I don’t see where you’re coming from but is he suppose to struggle with every quirk he has to learn, I’m not saying it’s not a bit rushed but if we’re talking about his emotions and that development, Deku has learned to hone that in commendabley through the series.

And chill? You gonna base everything off two chapters sheesh.
Jan 24, 2019 10:21 PM

Mar 2015
can't believe i used to rank this 9/10 because amazing deku antics is and how thoughtful the fight and development... but now... ehhh....

i like shinsou, his development and effort is amazing...

now deku power is biggest trouble for me, what used to be biggest thing i like about this series...

mineta is our guy... let him enjoy it for a while...

Stripes said:
is he suppose to struggle with every quirk he has to learn, I’m not saying it’s not a bit rushed but if we’re talking about his emotions and that development, Deku has learned to hone that in commendabley through the series.

i would said yes, at least, that's what i used to looking forward for... his effort, his ideals, his struggle, his sacrifice, all of that deku antics is what make this series very entertaining for me...
KumaJan 24, 2019 10:25 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 24, 2019 10:22 PM
Jul 2018
Stripes said:
Nobody talked about how fucking phenomenal the colorspread was? Shame, it’s one of his best and the symbolism between Deku and Kacchan’s swords was a great one. Momo looks BAMF.

So much happened in this one chapter. I’m glad Deku is taking a step up and being selfish in his tactics instead of cautious, which might speak ill but it’s interesting development he got from Kacchan. Mina shines here and so did Mineta, I think the crowd underestimated their powers but working long and short range attacks was smart.

The small flashback to Aizawa and Shinsou was cute too. Aizawa is getting soft.

Frostbytes said:

It’s not like I don’t see where you’re coming from but is he suppose to struggle with every quirk he has to learn, I’m not saying it’s not a bit rushed but if we’re talking about his emotions and that development, Deku has learned to hone that in commendabley through the series.

And chill? You gonna base everything off two chapters sheesh.

Not even struggle, at least try to control it through training or something, rather than plain " advice " in the last chapter. That's the problem with this power structure, these things can be rushed at any time with lazy writing, rather than any sort of creativity.

removed-userJan 24, 2019 10:28 PM
Jan 24, 2019 10:31 PM
Jan 2019
Monoma actually copied One for All?
Im confused because Ochako, the gravity girl said " It was a bluff~!"

So Monoma's skin color changed and she said its a bluff -_-
Jan 24, 2019 10:32 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Kuma said:

Stripes said:
is he suppose to struggle with every quirk he has to learn, I’m not saying it’s not a bit rushed but if we’re talking about his emotions and that development, Deku has learned to hone that in commendabley through the series.

i would said yes, at least, that's what i used to looking forward for... his effort, his ideals, his struggle, his sacrifice, all of that deku antics is what make this series very entertaining for me...

I too like Deku’s planning and strategies; I don’t think this new development of tapping into his emotions and empathy covers that up and destroys that. Considering so much of the fan base has an issue with his confidence and attitude I’d have thought this would be a breathe of fresh air for everyone but now people are having issues with the logistics when we barely know anything about the mechanics because Deku is also figuring it out too. Maybe he can pick up on this quirk easier because he’s physically capable now unlike he was when he got OFA. You know there are possibilities.
Jan 24, 2019 10:34 PM

Mar 2015
Stripes said:
Kuma said:

I too like Deku’s planning and strategies; I don’t think this new development of tapping into his emotions and empathy covers that up and destroys that. Considering so much of the fan base has an issue with his confidence and attitude I’d have thought this would be a breathe of fresh air for everyone but now people are having issues with the logistics when we barely know anything about the mechanics because Deku is also figuring it out too. Maybe he can pick up on this quirk easier because he’s physically capable now unlike he was when he got OFA. You know there are possibilities.

possibilities is possibilities, but this chapter is killed it by showing how easy deku control the quirk by one chapter by simple words of ancestors immedietly... deku is not simply figuring out, he already using it accurately... also it's the other who has problem with deku confidence and attitude, i found it what make deku charming... this killed my interest in deku... your last line sound like excuse... because you know, when as simple as deku developing far range attack take him lot more effort...
KumaJan 24, 2019 10:38 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 24, 2019 10:36 PM

Aug 2017
Kuma said:
Stripes said:

possibilities is possibilities, but this chapter is killed it by showing how easy deku control the quirk by one chapter by simple words of ancestors...

It should be noted that Black Whip was explicitly stated to be a relatively simple power to get a hold of and that Deku got lucky accessing it first.

We have no idea if the rest of the powers will be this easy or simple to grasp.
Jan 24, 2019 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
CrownedTraitor said:

I also found it funny but the reason is probably he doesn't have that OFA stockpile of powers(poor Monoma, lacking that Deku power haxx) and just a plain copy(Ochako slamming him down was hilarious too because most of her moves are like that lol).

Slimcoder said:
Kuma said:

possibilities is possibilities, but this chapter is killed it by showing how easy deku control the quirk by one chapter by simple words of ancestors...

It should be noted that Black Whip was explicitly stated to be a relatively simple power to get a hold of and that Deku got lucky accessing it first.

Appreciate that "easy", "lucky" plot convenient excuse.
removed-userJan 24, 2019 10:48 PM
Jan 24, 2019 10:47 PM

Aug 2017
Frostbytes said:
CrownedTraitor said:

I also found it funny but the reason is probably he doesn't have that OFA stockpile of powers(poor Monoma, lacking that Deku power haxx) and just a plain copy(Ochako slamming him down was hilarious too because most of her moves are like that lol).

Well martial arts like Judo is basically all about body slams and grappling. Plus slams work perfectly with her quirk because she can literally throw people to the ground like they weigh nothing rendering opponents easily incapacitated. Its been working pretty well for her, she is making very good use of her combat training from Gunhead.

As Bruce Lee once said "I fear not the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times." Man Ochako could be a master-level Judoka if she put her mind to it.
Jan 24, 2019 10:51 PM
Jul 2018
Slimcoder said:
Frostbytes said:

Well martial arts like Judo is basically all about body slams and grappling. Plus slams work perfectly with her quirk because she can literally throw people to the ground like they weigh nothing rendering opponents easily incapacitated. Its been working pretty well for her, she is making very good use of her combat training from Gunhead.

As Bruce Lee once said "I fear not the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times." Man Ochako could be a master-level Judoka if she put her mind to it.

You don't have to worry about defending this too, just said I find her one trick moves funny, there is nothing wrong with it because it works for the story.
Jan 24, 2019 10:55 PM

Aug 2017
Frostbytes said:
Slimcoder said:

You don't have to worry about defending this too, just said I find her one trick moves funny, there is nothing wrong with it because it works for the story.

I know I've just been finding it amusing too since I have recently have been diving into martial arts. Its enjoyable learning about that shit, a lot of cool stuff to discover and then applying it to other series in ways that makes sense.

Its very fun. :)
Jan 24, 2019 11:20 PM
Jul 2014
Frostbytes said:

In this chapter he literally fought Shinso without using balck whip, like you said he would, and only activated on the last page to save himself which is apparently "him mastering it" according to your stupid logic. You never cease to amaze me.

Kuma said:
can't believe i used to rank this 9/10 because amazing deku antics is and how thoughtful the fight and development... but now... ehhh....

now deku power is biggest trouble for me, what used to be biggest thing i like about this series...

Stripes said:

Wow its like people juts ignored the fight that he spent then entire chapter fighting quirkless and used Ochako to get him towards Shinsou but I guess this is what happens when you speedread.
Jan 24, 2019 11:28 PM
Jul 2018
Devil_Food said:
Frostbytes said:

In this chapter he literally fought Shinso without using balck whip, like you said he would, and only activated on the last page to save himself which is apparently "him mastering it" according to your stupid logic. You never cease to amaze me.

Kuma said:

Wow its like people juts ignored the fight that he spent then entire chapter fighting quirkless and used Ochako to get him towards Shinsou but I guess this is what happens when you speedread.

>says stupid logic
>never talked about "mastering" it(control =/= mastering)

Ok, you win again for understanding words and reading posts correctly, cheers.
Jan 24, 2019 11:42 PM

Oct 2017
Judging from the glow on monomas skin, it definitely looked like he copied one for all.

Looks like deku is using that guys quirk, black whip at the end.
Jan 24, 2019 11:48 PM

Mar 2015
Slimcoder said:
Kuma said:

see... this luckiness is what make it awful... everything felt very convenience for me... not something BnHA promised for in the beginning with bold statement "not everyone born equal" then portray deku as underdog...

Devil_Food said:
Kuma said:

and you ignored my problem is not the fight it self, look, i even praise shinsou and mineta... but the part i have problem is that he controlling whip way easier and convenience compare that all of struggle deku had done previously...
Jan 24, 2019 11:54 PM

Aug 2017
Kuma said:
Slimcoder said:

see... this luckiness is what make it awful... everything felt very convenience for me... not something BnHA promised for in the beginning with bold statement "not everyone born equal" then portray deku as underdog....

Eh I don't see how that ruins or contradicts anything. So he got a little lucky, big whoop. They just wanted a simple introduction with the concept, I can get that.

Calling it "awful" sounds like making a mountain of a mole-hill but hey if that's what you feel then alright.
Jan 25, 2019 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
Let's be real. Deku was never the underdog. I understand that the beginning quite confused people into thinking that. But now, we need to get the idea that Deku is an underdog out of our heads from this point on to enjoy the series. He has always been overpowered and he always will be. From the very beginning, he could have defeated any student 1v1.
removed-userJan 25, 2019 12:54 AM
Jan 25, 2019 12:03 AM
Jul 2014
Frostbytes said:
Devil_Food said:

>says stupid logic
>never talked about "mastering" it(control =/= mastering)

Ok, you win again for understanding words and reading posts correctly, cheers.

You literally did. Your problem is that he's even using it to begin wit.
Kuma said:
Slimcoder said:

see... this luckiness is what make it awful... everything felt very convenience for me... not something BnHA promised for in the beginning with bold statement "not everyone born equal" then portray deku as underdog...

Devil_Food said:

and you ignored my problem is not the fight it self, look, i even praise shinsou and mineta... but the part i have problem is that he controlling whip way easier and convenience compare that all of struggle deku had done previously...

Who says he's full controlled it?
Jan 25, 2019 12:59 AM
Jan 2017
Not the biggest fan of him going from 0 control then after 1 conversation he’s using it fine, wish monoma actually did something, deku didn’t really fight quirkless he didn’t us it for like 5 seconds then used black whip. Shinso can’t catch a break with the OFA ability
Jan 25, 2019 1:07 AM

Sep 2014
Lol ofc Mineta had to involve something perverted in his strategy. I liked the colour spread, it looked great. Just like the others I don't like how Deku looks like he's in control of that black whip quirk after one convo. Hopefully, Shizou wins at the end.
Jan 25, 2019 1:08 AM

Jan 2009
whip vs scarf next week huh lets see how powerful Deku is using his new quirk
Jan 25, 2019 1:31 AM

Jun 2014
Nice color spread, Mineta was actually pretty good in this chapter (of course he had to add something perverted lol), and I'm looking forward to seeing Deku use the whip Quirk. Hopefully he won't already have full mastery of it, especially since he's never used it before.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 25, 2019 1:34 AM

Oct 2017
Haha, he (somewhat) used the quirk!

And people are getting butthurt over this. This is just amusing.
Jan 25, 2019 2:00 AM
Jul 2018
KatsutoSaki said:
Haha, he (somewhat) used the quirk!

And people are getting butthurt over this. This is just amusing.

I mean, look at how Mineta uses his quirk. Would you even call that mastery? Nope, Mineta is in his 1st year and has a lot to grow. Now, look at how Deku uses his quirk, and people are saying he is gonna use it effectively. They are tripping and can't even tell the difference lol.
Jan 25, 2019 2:23 AM

Nov 2018
CrownedTraitor said:

for a moment i was thinking, great.. monoma gonna break some bones and feels deku's breaking-bones painful memories..

what a shame it's just a bluff..
Jan 25, 2019 3:02 AM

Oct 2011
Wait, isn't Shinso actually Shikamaru?

Jan 25, 2019 3:17 AM

Feb 2018
Seems like my fears concerning the 10 billion quirks of Deku, and their possible impact were justified.
Jan 25, 2019 4:28 AM

Mar 2010
I predict that Deku fails miserable next chapter. The end might have seemed 'cool' as if he knew how to use his new quirk, but i bet that the battle with Shinso turns out to be in Shinso's favour since Shinsou has practiced while Deku is just trying stuff out.

But let's see.
Jan 25, 2019 4:54 AM

May 2017
Ok so the chapter was great and all, but one major doubt I have is why all might was never able to use other quirks like deku can ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2019 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
I WANT TO SEE MORE SHINSOU'S TRAINING WITH AIZAWA
Jan 25, 2019 6:17 AM

Nov 2018
bro there's so many fucking sjws triggered off momo on the color page lmaooo, sad thing of it all is most are lesbians or fujos or shitty shippers who are shameless in pairing boys on boys or girls on girls who've never had one hint of being homosexual but lose their shit when you see fanservice, like this isn't for teenage boys... just read the tweets and laugh cause these people really make the normal ones look bad and are a special type of stupid: https://twitter.com/yaoyorosy/status/1088455378482819073

good chapter tho lol, mineta wasn't useless and that moment with mina was well deserved. At this point don't really care about Deku learning to master each quirk, moreso I wanna see what they are and how he applies them
Jan 25, 2019 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
Okay, so interesting development... But this cant continue. After the interclass tournament something big needs to happen in the series. The Overhaul arc was big sure, but it wasnt gut wrenching like All for One.

Something needs to happen in order for the series to progress.

The Heroes cannot keep winning. We havent seen Shigaraki forever, I think the next arc is them breaking out All For One, the first major loss for Heroes in the story.

The other characters need powerups. Or we need some major restriction for Deku. Cause with all his quirks, he's going to be nastily overpowered.
Jan 25, 2019 8:08 AM

Jul 2015
I personaly like this chapter, I never thought that I will be able to see mineta stand out with his power like that. I still have hope for the development of Deku powers wouldn't get op too soon.

Somehow I feel that for much that I like Deku, Uraraka and the rest of their team, I really wanna see Shinsou and Monoma win, I want they to earn that glory.

xfinityretaile1 said:
bro there's so many fucking sjws triggered off momo on the color page lmaooo, sad thing of it all is most are lesbians or fujos or shitty shippers who are shameless in pairing boys on boys or girls on girls who've never had one hint of being homosexual but lose their shit when you see fanservice, like this isn't for teenage boys... just read the tweets and laugh cause these people really make the normal ones look bad and are a special type of stupid: https://twitter.com/yaoyorosy/status/1088455378482819073

HOLY GOD! how is posible get so thiggered about a minor detail?! And with Momo of all the characters? If I remember correctly the rest of the female cast in that AU had apropiate clothes in the image of the first time we see the cast with that fantasy chothes. Momo is the only one that I see that wore clothes like that, And even I can understan that is because of her quirk (since I presumme that they have powers too in that AU, but maybe seems more like magic that a quirk).

Are the people that get triggered even reading the manga o watching the anime? Because they doesn't seems like they know how Momo quirk works...

ShanikaJan 25, 2019 8:12 AM
Jan 25, 2019 8:37 AM

Jul 2012
longkazama said:
Let's be real. Deku was never the underdog. I understand that the beginning quite confused people into thinking that. But now, we need to get the idea that Deku is an underdog out of our heads from this point on to enjoy the series. He has always been overpowered and he always will be. From the very beginning, he could have defeated any student 1v1.

I mean, his quirk is overpowered but as he said in the beginning of the series, he's a vessel done fast, so once he became a proper vessel he'd be able to destroy everyone since he has the power that made the #1 become #1, but it's not like he could just run it down since the start of the series.
Jan 25, 2019 9:22 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Kuma said:
Stripes said:

possibilities is possibilities, but this chapter is killed it by showing how easy deku control the quirk by one chapter by simple words of ancestors immediately... deku is not simply figuring out, he already using it accurately... also it's the other who has problem with deku confidence and attitude, i found it what make deku charming... this killed my interest in deku... your last line sound like excuse... because you know, when as simple as deku developing far range attack take him lot more effort...

Yes possibilities are possibilities; something you basically have to give to a series that is ongoing and you're keeping up with. I'm giving Horikoshi benefit of the doubt because he's earned it from me.

All we saw was Deku being able to activate the black whips and grab onto something, that isn't full control, in fact he might spiral out of control, or this may have huge draw backs after the fight -- considering Horikoshi has always kept that in full force I wouldn't be surprised. Not to mention that Deku just exposed this power to his whole class which is gonna have some repercussion and questions about his selfishness to the forefront.

How is him being more physically capable an excuse? That's pretty much a given at this point, he had a hard time gaining the physical body to even contain OFA and to keep up with it. You saying a Middle School Deku would've been able to handle the agility and quick thinking it would take to use this new quirk PSSSSH.

Deku has always had cockiness and brash confidence since early on so I don't really understand your loop in logic in how this ruined him for you?

Either way it's ongoing. I'm willing to wait for answers. The end.

CrownedTraitor said:

It's speculation but Ochako probably thought it was a bluff since Monoma couldn't actually activate OFA. Consider the fact that the user has to give permission to pass that quirk and having the core of the OFA inside you is a lot differently constructed then any other quirk,
Jan 25, 2019 9:22 AM

Dec 2016
nice to see some action from mineta for once - he can be cool when he's not a little rat.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jan 25, 2019 11:28 AM
Feb 2016
xfinityretaile1 said:

good chapter tho lol, mineta wasn't useless and that moment with mina was well deserved. At this point don't really care about Deku learning to master each quirk, moreso I wanna see what they are and how he applies them

I'm not surprised by them being so triggered. They're just upset that a fictional character looks better, more fit and sexier than them lol. It amazes me how many people still believe this shit, but thank god they're starting to die out since people are waking up.

Also, are these 10 characters in the top 10 for the 4th poll results? Because if so, I'm glad she's in the top 10 along with Deku, Bakugou, Todoroki and Kirishima. They really deserve it

Also, she looks amazing in that armor. Really wish girls like her existed in the real world

Side note for people complaining about him supposedly mastering Black whip, how about we wait until the next chapter to see if he ends up being taken out by Shinso or it stops working for him. Cuz all this bickering is pointless and annoying
Jan 25, 2019 4:02 PM
Jul 2014
xShinigami3125 said:
Seems like my fears concerning the 10 billion quirks of Deku, and their possible impact were justified.

No they weren't becausen othing has even happened yet
Jan 25, 2019 5:48 PM

Dec 2014
First of all, glorious color spread. That Momo. <3

Shinsou is awesome, I'd love to see more of his training with Aizawa.

I personally think that @Kuma and @Frostbytes concerns are very warranted. I was pretty late to reading last chapter but this chapter especially at the end is what I was hoping wouldn't happen. True, we can't tell if he's mastered it yet but if he can already use it like that then what's the point? Maybe there's some hope to be found if he just straight out fails but even if he does, I'm not sure I like the way this is progressing.

What's happening here just doesn't feel right to Deku's character. He's someone who's worked hard to make the best out of what he had, He couldn't use One for All like All Might but that's exactly why he had to be clever about it. All the way from his finger smashes to the beginning of full cowl. It was always about making the best of what he had. When the time came, he was willing to sacrifice his own body just so he could save someone. Those ideals, that heroic spirit of self sacrifice coming out of someone who was born with nothing is what gave so much heart to this series and it's what makes Deku such an endearing character and someone you can root for wholeheartedly. Can you honestly say that you are more excited for this whip quirk than you were for the first time Deku gained Full Cowl? If you can't, then you need to think about why that is. Deku getting all these new quirks may just turn him into someone who just solves every problem he's faced with little issue but the problem is that the struggle is what resonates with us the most. Like even in this particular fight, aren't we more inclined to root for Shinsou even though we've seen so very little for him? Why is that?
"People aren't born equal" holds so much significance to us because Deku is living proof that even if you're born with nothing, your dreams can still become reality. The meaning of that sentence is completely flipped around now because Deku is seeming just being given everything, he's lucked out, almost seeming cheating his way to top of the road everyone else is trying so hard to run on. I'm of course not saying that there never needs to be any power escalation, it's very necessary in Shounen but this shouldn't be the way this particular series goes about it and technically the day Deku becomes truly OP should be the day the manga ends.

I realize I'm blabbing out too much and I'm sure whatever Horikoshi has in store for us will be entertaining and fun but it's just that it pains me to see Deku's character, someone I hold such a dear connection with being slowly destroyed this way. Whenever people ask me why I love BnHA, I always tell them it's because of the heart, I fear the day will come where I will not be able to say that anymore.
Jan 25, 2019 7:15 PM
Mar 2015
Like that Deku is using his head to fight instead of his power. His planning has always been the best part of this series
Jan 25, 2019 7:29 PM

Mar 2015
Slimcoder said:
Kuma said:

see... this luckiness is what make it awful... everything felt very convenience for me... not something BnHA promised for in the beginning with bold statement "not everyone born equal" then portray deku as underdog....

Eh I don't see how that ruins or contradicts anything. So he got a little lucky, big whoop. They just wanted a simple introduction with the concept, I can get that.

Calling it "awful" sounds like making a mountain of a mole-hill but hey if that's what you feel then alright.

come on, that's what we have expected before... did people already forgot deku and night eye drama? how it was supposed to be deku being more hardworking and dedication make him convince night eye? not some superior mirio power? see, maybe it's my fault that i am too attached to previous plot, it make me not really welcomed this whole power creep things...

Devil_Food said:
Kuma said:

Who says he's full controlled it?

who said deku fully controlled it? doesn't change it's way convenience he can use it immediately...

Stripes said:
Kuma said:

possibilities is possibilities, but this chapter is killed it by showing how easy deku control the quirk by one chapter by simple words of ancestors immediately... deku is not simply figuring out, he already using it accurately... also it's the other who has problem with deku confidence and attitude, i found it what make deku charming... this killed my interest in deku... your last line sound like excuse... because you know, when as simple as deku developing far range attack take him lot more effort...

Yes possibilities are possibilities; something you basically have to give to a series that is ongoing and you're keeping up with. I'm giving Horikoshi benefit of the doubt because he's earned it from me.

All we saw was Deku being able to activate the black whips and grab onto something, that isn't full control, in fact he might spiral out of control, or this may have huge draw backs after the fight -- considering Horikoshi has always kept that in full force I wouldn't be surprised. Not to mention that Deku just exposed this power to his whole class which is gonna have some repercussion and questions about his selfishness to the forefront.

How is him being more physically capable an excuse? That's pretty much a given at this point, he had a hard time gaining the physical body to even contain OFA and to keep up with it. You saying a Middle School Deku would've been able to handle the agility and quick thinking it would take to use this new quirk PSSSSH.

Deku has always had cockiness and brash confidence since early on so I don't really understand your loop in logic in how this ruined him for you?

Either way it's ongoing. I'm willing to wait for answers. The end.

so basicly, your argument is this is good because it hori and might be "surprise" because of him? again, i simply pointing out just 20 chapter's ago (school festival arc), it taken him weeks to develop as simple as far range attack...

sure, i will be glad if i am proven wrong.. but you are assuming even much more than me... and considering eri during overhaul arc, i can't trust hori tbh...

Lelouch0202 said:

I personally think that @Kuma and @Frostbytes concerns are very warranted. I was pretty late to reading last chapter but this chapter especially at the end is what I was hoping wouldn't happen. True, we can't tell if he's mastered it yet but if he can already use it like that then what's the point? Maybe there's some hope to be found if he just straight out fails but even if he does, I'm not sure I like the way this is progressing.

What's happening here just doesn't feel right to Deku's character. He's someone who's worked hard to make the best out of what he had, He couldn't use One for All like All Might but that's exactly why he had to be clever about it. All the way from his finger smashes to the beginning of full cowl. It was always about making the best of what he had. When the time came, he was willing to sacrifice his own body just so he could save someone. Those ideals, that heroic spirit of self sacrifice coming out of someone who was born with nothing is what gave so much heart to this series and it's what makes Deku such an endearing character and someone you can root for wholeheartedly. Can you honestly say that you are more excited for this whip quirk than you were for the first time Deku gained Full Cowl? If you can't, then you need to think about why that is. Deku getting all these new quirks may just turn him into someone who just solves every problem he's faced with little issue but the problem is that the struggle is what resonates with us the most. Like even in this particular fight, aren't we more inclined to root for Shinsou even though we've seen so very little for him? Why is that?
"People aren't born equal" holds so much significance to us because Deku is living proof that even if you're born with nothing, your dreams can still become reality. The meaning of that sentence is completely flipped around now because Deku is seeming just being given everything, he's lucked out, almost seeming cheating his way to top of the road everyone else is trying so hard to run on. I'm of course not saying that there never needs to be any power escalation, it's very necessary in Shounen but this shouldn't be the way this particular series goes about it and technically the day Deku becomes truly OP should be the day the manga ends.

I realize I'm blabbing out too much and I'm sure whatever Horikoshi has in store for us will be entertaining and fun but it's just that it pains me to see Deku's character, someone I hold such a dear connection with being slowly destroyed this way. Whenever people ask me why I love BnHA, I always tell them it's because of the heart, I fear the day will come where I will not be able to say that anymore.

thank you for giving beautiful insight with better thoughtful paragraph than me... sure, i would glad if hori proven me wrong, but doesn't change the fact this development is already killed my interest in deku... and even he can't use it this round, the fact that he can have huge development in very little time already contrast with what deku has been doing soo far...
Jan 25, 2019 10:15 PM
Jul 2014
Lelouch0202 said:

Its almost hilarious that this fanbase desperately wants Deku to fail every single time and not have him progress at all. Its getting to point where it makes me wonder why the hell you're reading this if not to see his progression/ Then again the main concern here has never been in regards to the writing involved it more about powercreep because they don't want their favorite character to become irrelevant and they someone know this is going to happen based on nothing .

What's happening here just doesn't feel right to Deku's character.

Super strength never fit Deku's character at all.

Can you honestly say that you are more excited for this whip quirk than you were for the first time Deku gained Full Cowl?

Yeah because its the first time he's not imitating AM and be his own hero.

Deku getting all these new quirks may just turn him into someone who just solves every problem he's faced with little issue but the problem is that the struggle is what resonates with us the most. Like even in this particular fight, aren't we more inclined to root for Shinsou even though we've seen so very little for him? Why is that?

Deku is still struggling in this fight. What hell are you talking about? That's why they'll never be a a consensus on this because people turn a blind eye to what's actually happening in the manga and would rather worry about stuff that hasn't happened. This fight should go to Deku because he has had more experienced and work harder over the pass year than Shinsou this new quirk doesn't change that fact at all.

"People aren't born equal" holds so much significance to us because Deku is living proof that even if you're born with nothing, your dreams can still become reality. The meaning of that sentence is completely flipped around now because Deku is seeming just being given everything, he's lucked out, almost seeming cheating his way to top of the road everyone else is trying so hard to run on.

Did you somehow blocked the fact that he was given the strongest quirk in the manga in the second chapter just by lucking out? And that somehow this revelation changes everything and that everything Deku did to make it here suddenly doesn't count anymore because he gained something that was foreshadowed since the very beginning of the manga?

No just drop it. Its obvious you just read the manga backwards and somehow missed out on everything the story has been saying since the beginning. These past two chapters REALLY showed the badside of this fandom, no reading comprehension, no faith in the actual creator, still complaining bout stuff that doesn't even matter and a pure lack of understanding of the core themes that the series has set since the beginning. Pathetic.

Jan 25, 2019 10:20 PM
Jul 2014
Its almost hilarious that people keep misusing that "people aren't born equal" quote and then somehow forget that Deku was gifted the most power quirk in th second chapter of the manga and that somehow this changes the fact that Deku was still born with nothing and gained something through luck.
Kuma said:

who said deku fully controlled it? doesn't change it's way convenience he can use it immediately...

How is it convenience? He just got i to stop some cylinders. Your once again jumping the gun based on a single page.

Jan 25, 2019 10:21 PM

Mar 2015
Devil_Food said:
Kuma said:

How is it convenience? He just got i to stop some cylinders. Your once again jumping the gun based on a single page.

he used his power for that... and remember, catching is harder than simply using power...
Jan 25, 2019 10:41 PM
Jul 2014
Kuma said:
Devil_Food said:

he used his power for that... and remember, catching is harder than simply using power...

Its literally the same form black whip took when he first released it....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 423 Discussion

deg - May 15

37 by XenonRadium98 »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 422 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 10

33 by curvedtree »»
May 18, 1:05 PM

» Couldn’t Hagakure have an actual hero costume?

gavdaniels23 - May 13

8 by bastek66 »»
May 17, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 375 Discussion

Icewolf004 - Dec 8, 2022

31 by KoniginElle »»
May 12, 1:34 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

28 by Kamui_Senpai »»
May 8, 1:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.