Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2019 2:09 AM

Aug 2018
BonkyTrollDoll said:
I love this anime, but I hate to see when people are this absolutely idiotic, like the first episode.

DIE IN A FIRE, SLOWLY!!!!!
I'm within an inch of wanting to see everyone except Raph die in a fire, that includes Naofumi.
Jan 24, 2019 2:21 AM
Jan 2019
zwolf12 said:
I have a question for LN or Manga reader.
For me the hatred the people throw at him feels extremely forced, is there a reason for them to be that mean? Especially when he is helping people it seems extremely unlikely for people to still hold a grudge heavy enough to fuck themselves over.
Especially the people that know or at least are aware that he is accused without any evidence have no reason to act the way they are other than being assholes and even that should have some limits especially when it comes to live and death situation.
Is there any way to explain the amount of hatred that is so far of the charts?

Jan 24, 2019 2:25 AM

Jul 2012
It's nice to see Naofumi gaining the support of various people through his actions. Watching him and Raph fighting together was really nice.

I can't wait to see karma come back and bite everyone else in the ass, especially the other "heroes". They didn't give a shit about the village and are still treating everything as if it is all a game.
Jan 24, 2019 2:30 AM

Jul 2014
Next episode we find out why Raphtalia is the absolutely best girl with no contest. Can't wait~
Jan 24, 2019 3:08 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
So, Raphtalia has grown? She does seem a lot more mature in the opening sequence, I wonder if it's a thing tied to her being a hybrid or it's how the leveling system works. Level 18 (+22) now, are they implying that she's over 18 years old and thus, it's completely fine?!
It looks like Raphtalia surpassed the shield hero level-wise, but I'm confident he will surpass everybody else one day, the opening only proves it, I can't wait.
Those other heroes really do piss me off, even more, so that slut and her boss, to hell for them.
I hope the King at least acknowledges what the shield hero did to save that village, where the other heroes jupp into the fight, probably to get a reward at the end of the day. I guess, he might just have made a friend in the royal knights.
Jan 24, 2019 3:11 AM
Oct 2011
Swagernator said:
So this is how it will be always ? MC doing "hero's" work, while heroes doing just ... stuff, but getting all the credits for it ?

Kinda meh.

No, they will be needing shield hero later when waves get harder and they come begging for him to team up and he tells them to fuck off. We're only on episode 3 and the first battle geez, millenials have no patience.
Pen3Jan 24, 2019 3:14 AM
Jan 24, 2019 3:16 AM

Apr 2016
Pen3 said:
Swagernator said:
So this is how it will be always ? MC doing "hero's" work, while heroes doing just ... stuff, but getting all the credits for it ?

Kinda meh.

No, they will be needing shield hero later when waves get harder and they come begging for him to team up and he tells them to fuck off. We're only on episode 3 and the first battle geez, millenials have no patience.

Yeah, the good old "it gets better later on".
Jan 24, 2019 3:28 AM

Nov 2014
deathbySNU-SNU said:
what the fuck that loli become woman out of nowhere?
and here i thought the MC will become an anti-hero, but nope even he already betrayed and got some shit from the kingdom's knights he still wanted to protect the knights instead of let them die. I dont feel anything from this episode, boring fights too. Just like that dude from before, this show is going to be SAO v2

This is why

LavalGaming said:
ttcchen said:
increase her age like an ordinary human being? Anime onlys would watch this episode and wonder why the chibi Raphtalia is suddenly a teenager when only a week has passed. They should have adapted properly and explain how demi-humans grow according to their level, not their age.

That’s how mafia works.

But yea I can understand. Some anime just don’t explain it but instead show it, that’s how some adapt light novel into anime
Jan 24, 2019 3:35 AM

May 2013
Swagernator said:
Pen3 said:

You're only 3 episodes in, let it build. Trust me it's worth it.
Jan 24, 2019 3:55 AM

Apr 2012
The other heroes were just mob slaying while Naofumi was actually fighting to protect the villagers.

The moment Raphtalia spoke in her mature version, I knew that MAI san has arrived.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 24, 2019 4:55 AM

Oct 2008
badly directed episode. the whole wave sequence was laughably lame. the strength of this show apparently lies in its character drama (as in, the action aspect sucked), which is paper thin anyway. so really all it's got is an underdog story without much meat to it.
Jan 24, 2019 5:16 AM

Feb 2014
Naofumi is the hero we don't deserve. The man's a cruel faking softie. He wears the pain hiding in the shield. His VA does a good job to roll out his true essence. Feels like Subaru from ReZero all again. Heartfelt pain.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 24, 2019 5:30 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Good but a lot of stuff is missing here, 2 episodes would be good to cover all heroes perspectives and how the fuck she got older.
Jan 24, 2019 5:39 AM
Mar 2009
Man I knew I had to see the other horses but man I still wish the other 3 heroes will get brutally killed I mean they are supposed to be heroes but they are the worst kind of heroes heck I even seen bad guys being far better people. But man that princess bitch Malty Melromarc all I can say is send her to the first Episode of Golbin slayers where she belongs because shes a manipulative C-word that should die.
Jan 24, 2019 5:53 AM

Jan 2019
That spear guy is such a douche

Raphtalia lookin fine tho
Can mew imyagine an imyaginyary mewnyagerie mewnyager imyagining mewnyaging an imyaginyary mewnyagerie?
Jan 24, 2019 6:15 AM

Feb 2014
Raptalia's growth went by a lot faster than I thought it would. A shame we won't see her Loli version of her again, but her current version is still really cute. =D

The wave of catastrophe looked nice, both in visuals and animation. While the other three heroes went off the slay the big monsters only, Naofumi did the more heroic work of trying to save the residents of a nearby village from danger. Thanks to him and Raptalia, they were able to keep the casualties to a minimum and as a bonus, they were able to convince some of the king's soldiers to help them as well.

The other heroes remain very hostile to poor Naofumi, including the red-haired bitch that back-stabbed him, and they don't share much kindness to Raptalia as well, due to her being a demi-human. Pathetic excuses of humans they are.

My prediction is that when the waves become more difficult to deal with, the other three parties will have to swallow whatever pride they have left within them and ask Naofumi for assistance. It makes me wonder what expression Naofumi will have on his face if that scenario ever happens. =)
Jan 24, 2019 6:19 AM

Nov 2013
SwordBreaker28 said:
Man I knew I had to see the other horses but man I still wish the other 3 heroes will get brutally killed I mean they are supposed to be heroes but they are the worst kind of heroes heck I even seen bad guys being far better people. But man that princess bitch Malty Melromarc all I can say is send her to the first Episode of Golbin slayers where she belongs because shes a manipulative C-word that should die.

You can't do that. Even goblins have standards.

As for the other heroes
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 24, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2013
@Meta_Yoshi

I don't know how it is in the novel, but if it's anything like in the manga, you will be satisfied for sure.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 24, 2019 6:33 AM

Sep 2016
rikkarudo said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

They watch the japanese airing.

Anyway i really hate that the bitch and the spear is the biggest horses ass, But i like how naufumi and rapthalia are getting along and there teamwork and battle capabilities have improved.

The Action Scenes and the animation were really well made, especially compared to the standard fantasy adaptation and for once not a single monster was CGI. I really hope they keep this up.

Are you sure about that?

Hey, thats bearable!
Jan 24, 2019 6:48 AM

May 2015
It was ok, kinda. For all the hype the show is getting it's not really all that special.
Jan 24, 2019 7:00 AM

Jan 2017
Ryuuryota said:
ACornelis said:
Wow, this episode was so garbage. It was on the same level as Sword art Online when it comes to incompetent writing and directing.

If you enjoyed this episode i really need you to watch it again and pay attention to what's going on because you clearly missed how poor and dumb it was.
how about you explain what you thought was dumb etc people might take you seriously then xd

Sure, i can do that. Let's start off on how to annihilate character development. So basically this cat girl goes from a cowardly child who doesn't want to fight because of PTSD to a much more mature ''grown up'' out of the blue. We didn't really get to see any of it happening either, we just sit and accept the fact that she's grown up now and looks about 6 years older for some reason in the span of however long the time skip was, which they didn't even take time to explain. She's not even THE SAME PERSON. She has a whole new personality. (it can't get more lazy than this)

Now let's get to the ''CLIMAX'' if you can even call it that, because all i saw was absolutely appalling and embarassing CGI bees (lol) and skeletons. If this was supposed to be anything other than comedic i will be baffled.
So basically these bees and skeletons stand around observing these villagers that for some reason got their faces drawn so lazily that they don't even look terrified. They JUST stand around, LITERALLY. They rarely attack they just stand there looking awful.

Now to the other heroes. This fight was obviously just to make us think that the other heroes are much stronger than the main character and cat girl. While they're going to the village actually protecting people, these other heroes run into the woods fighting these huge badass mutations that look way more intimidating than those laughable skeletons and bees. But why would they not protect the village first of all? It doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't get how anyone could get hyped after this episode, i mostly laughed.
REVIVE MECHA
Jan 24, 2019 7:22 AM
May 2014
I can understand the complaints about Raphtalias development feeling very rushed with the random time jump. The action in this episode was fine.
I’m pretty much just watching the show at this point for the revenge storyline and the soundtrack.
Also kinda weird that this show is pretty much just saying it’s okay to be a slaveowner.
Jan 24, 2019 7:34 AM

Jun 2015
Swagernator said:
Pen3 said:

for fuck sake i hate ppl like u! its just ep 3, and saving that village was first positive thing that MC did! and other heroes killed the boss that stopped the goddamn wave!and they didnt take all the credit for it ! what the fuck r u even talking about?!
Jan 24, 2019 7:44 AM
Nov 2018
VKDOOM said:
Also kinda weird that this show is pretty much just saying it’s okay to be a slaveowner.
It does not. The choices he had - a) don't buy Raphtalia, let her die, wait for next wave, die, let the world be destroyed or b) buy her, save her, level up, live, save the world. It wasn't his idea, he is not in this situation by choice.

The idea that moral values are absolute and independent of society is rather dumb. E.g. segregation wasn't considered problematic just few decades ago and "founding fathers" owned slaves. In the same society on different stages of development. There is no point to censor everything until it is clean, diverse, inclusive and absolutely inoffensive to everyone. This goal is already achieved in US, no one forces people to watch anime.
Jan 24, 2019 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
MrParadise said:
Good but a lot of stuff is missing here, 2 episodes would be good to cover all heroes perspectives and how the fuck she got older.
The LN doesn't cover the other heroes, so there's literally no point showing more than what they did during the Wave. Next episode should explain why Raphtalia is an adult now.
Jan 24, 2019 8:01 AM

Apr 2016
vipergod said:
Swagernator said:

for fuck sake i hate ppl like u! its just ep 3, and saving that village was first positive thing that MC did! and other heroes killed the boss that stopped the goddamn wave!and they didnt take all the credit for it ! what the fuck r u even talking about?!

Well, if people can smash 10/10 after only 3 episodes, i can say whatever i want about it after only three episodes, and you can go and hate all you want it wont help you a bit. Also you really love exclamation points dont you ?
Jan 24, 2019 8:10 AM

Feb 2011
JudoJD said:
Reload said:
Not in manga either from what I remember. Adaptation has already taken liberties as is. Foreshadowing is one of them. They're likely changing the order of big reveals as well. Adds mystery to the story, but most anime onlys see it as leaving questions unanswered. Just got to be patient and finish the series before asking.

It's not based off a manga... The manga adaptation leaves out details as well

No one is saying otherwise. Adaptation actually takes the time to add more content, seeing as it's visually driven as opposed to the LN. I'm fully aware of how much the manga leaves out. It's as if to say the audience is expected to have read the LN beforehand, and can fill in the blanks themselves.
ReloadJan 24, 2019 8:16 AM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jan 24, 2019 8:26 AM

Jun 2015
Swagernator said:
vipergod said:

Well, if people can smash 10/10 after only 3 episodes, i can say whatever i want about it after only three episodes, and you can go and hate all you want it wont help you a bit. Also you really love exclamation points dont you ?

u could check my score and see that i gave this show a 7! so im not a fanboy, but what u said was a nonsense, u said "mC doing "hero's" work, while heroes doing just ... stuff, but getting all the credits for it ? " while its just episode3 and saving that village was first MC work! and the other heroes didnt steal his credit for saving village! and when someones tells u that u r wrong u go "Yeah, the good old "it gets better later on"
Jan 24, 2019 8:42 AM

Jun 2015
It kind of annoyed me that the monsters were barely animated and thus appeared very static. But hey its still better than having 3d animations.
Jan 24, 2019 8:42 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow raftalia....suddenly grew up hmmm
Jan 24, 2019 8:49 AM

Mar 2014
Very nice episode, a lot of action. But I must say Naofumi sure held up pretty well considering he has the weakest weapon and no much offensive attack but I hope he will get some attack skills or something otherwise he will have a more hard time in future battles

RedChromeJan 24, 2019 12:47 PM
Jan 24, 2019 9:29 AM
Apr 2016
donatas9 said:
Kamiyan3991 said:
"Pretty" bad episode.
The animation and direction aside... this writing is just atrocious, especially when it comes to the characters (what's wrong with that raccoon LOL).

Also, that "summoning" mechanic was probably the dumbest thing I saw in an isekai anime ever.
Looks like you only need in-game setting to be #1 anime in the season.
And this show is average af... 5/10

anime elitist strikes again! dude if you dont enjoy this anime why you keep watching it and then complain? 10/10 anime btw liked raccoon a lot

Village simpleton strikes again! Sir whether you find a value in critique or not, or question why other people are mentally developed enough to produce critique, it will be a crucial part of the forum discussions. Better prepare some ice for that burning mess you will be in a while.
Re:formed
Jan 24, 2019 9:41 AM
Nov 2018
donatas9 said:
anime elitist strikes again! dude if you dont enjoy this anime why you keep watching it and then complain? 10/10 anime btw liked raccoon a lot
Just ignore them. They didn't like it - who cares? They are a tiny minority, no matter how smug and righteous they act their opinion is just that, opinion. It is very much ignorable.
Jan 24, 2019 9:49 AM

Feb 2011
@Swagernator: You asked a question, and you got your answer. Don't chalk responses up to "it gets better later on." Series just answers your question later on. Other 3 heroes defeated the boss monster. I'd also recommend not chalking that up to "just stuff." They deserve every bit of credit they get, but their actions aren't the main focus of the series. MC was thanked by the villagers, so it's not like he didn't get any credit himself. As for your opinion of those who smashed 10s after 3- episode(s), ever heard of the phrase "two wrongs don't make a right." Your comments reach a far broader audience than just the one's that smashed a 10.

@Pen3: I'd recommend not spoiling the story answering the questions of the ignorant. They will remain ignorant till they finish the series. You can't go around calling everyone that's impatient a millennial either. Adaptation elaborates as the story continues. There is no need to explain what the series will explain in its own time.

@vipergod: Don't take such flippant comments personally. They happened to get a similar response in the past. It's the nature of the question. It was asked before the series even had a chance to answer it, though it's also possible the person just wasn't paying enough attention. The question could even be considered rhetorical if they were fully aware of what response they would get. Your free to hate them, but remember their actions are intentional. Baiting one or two people is inevitable, and people will be tempted to answer questions they don't have to answer.

There's a pattern here, so don't be part of it. Not everyone sees what's so great about the series, just as not everyone sees what's so horrible about the series. I can say the story gets better, but I only speak for myself because I left out what about it gets better. Not everyone may agree with what I believe to be "better", and it's not my job to push my opinion of what's better on others. Same applies vice versa.

Getting back on topic: This was the first wave, and it took up less than a quarter of the episode. If your a fan of action, even with the added content, I can't say there was much of it. I know the MC has trained, but all we see him do this episode is block in the nick of time. This required training, but the series doesn't real make an effort to show that it was a result of his training. They only show that his teamwork with Raphtalia has improved and that she's overcome her fear of monsters. Put simply, MC's character development comes later, and his combat training isn't part of it. Not my job to tell whoever asks, how and when.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jan 24, 2019 10:14 AM

Mar 2017
Swagernator said:

Kinda meh.

I hate to admit it but it's kinda like that to some point. Well, not always + MC is the main focus so we're not really seeing others on screen too much. But if you're one of those people who know yourself don't like the series yet still wasting time commenting about every little things you don't like, feel free to ignore this reply.
BlueIsLoveJan 24, 2019 10:26 AM
Jan 24, 2019 10:30 AM

Mar 2016
The blond hero makes my face flush with anger.

Grown up Raphtalia is better than the loli. Hope she grows up more.

The wave wasn't really that threatening. All of the main characters lived and were uninjured, so I couldn't feel a sense of danger at all.
Jan 24, 2019 10:50 AM

Feb 2017
fight scene and monster placement was off, but rapthalia cuteness cover it up.

those edgy kid (the other hero) better be stfu. i hope shield hero get his justice and show them who is the alpha male.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jan 24, 2019 11:03 AM

Aug 2014
Aw man she's a hag now.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 24, 2019 11:14 AM

Aug 2012
I am thinking that Naofumi will lead a revolt in the future to replace the king and the court. It sure seems more and more people become loyal to him while hating the leaders.
Jan 24, 2019 11:23 AM

Aug 2012
VKDOOM said:
I can understand the complaints about Raphtalias development feeling very rushed with the random time jump. The action in this episode was fine.
I’m pretty much just watching the show at this point for the revenge storyline and the soundtrack.
well , it is debatable. Also when you say slave owner you should understand there are various types of slavery and various types of slave owners. For instance debt and wage slavery is still practiced today especially through the 9 to 5 jobs and no one says the slave owners are bad. Also referring to black slavery in particular I would argue in some ways they got a better deal than other slaves. Slaves owned by muslims got castrated and slaves owned by other black people got eaten. But to be more succint in most cases slaves were more like servants , more close to what we call today employees. Because back then selling your time for money or being paid just enough to survive was considered slavery, now is considered good business.
Jan 24, 2019 11:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
simo000 said:
badly directed episode. the whole wave sequence was laughably lame. the strength of this show apparently lies in its character drama (as in, the action aspect sucked), which is paper thin anyway. so really all it's got is an underdog story without much meat to it.
simo000 said:

Agree. It was disappointing, wasn't it.. The animation in the combat scenes was rather poor too. Generally I don't have too great expectations of light novel based Isekai shows, but at the very least I expect them to have top notch action sequences due to their high budgets.

I hope to see better next time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 24, 2019 11:50 AM
Apr 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
VKDOOM said:
well , it is debatable. Also when you say slave owner you should understand there are various types of slavery and various types of slave owners. For instance debt and wage slavery is still practiced today especially through the 9 to 5 jobs and no one says the slave owners are bad. Also referring to black slavery in particular I would argue in some ways they got a better deal than other slaves. Slaves owned by muslims got castrated and slaves owned by other black people got eaten. But to be more succint in most cases slaves were more like servants , more close to what we call today employees. Because back then selling your time for money or being paid just enough to survive was considered slavery, now is considered good business.

Do we really have to go through this again each and every episode discussion? Stupid people seeing this series as a slavery glorification won't educate themselves over one discussion thread.
Jan 24, 2019 11:50 AM
Mar 2009
TheBigGuy said:
SwordBreaker28 said:

You can't do that. Even goblins have standards.

As for the other heroes

Yeah that´s for sure I would feel sorry for the goblins if they got that bitch blood on their hands not even Satan want her.
Jan 24, 2019 12:14 PM

Nov 2011
Daniel_Naumov said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Do we really have to go through this again each and every episode discussion? Stupid people seeing this series as a slavery glorification won't educate themselves over one discussion thread.
Pretty much, and I am honestly dreading the next two episodes, simply because of what the SJWs will spew out in their comments.
Jan 24, 2019 12:43 PM
Apr 2016
Demyx_IX said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Pretty much, and I am honestly dreading the next two episodes, simply because of what the SJWs will spew out in their comments.

It has nothing to do with "SJW" or any other abbreviation. These are stupid and uneducated people who have nothing better to do than prove me on these forums.
Jan 24, 2019 12:44 PM

Aug 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

well I like to believe at least one will change his mind. I know most likely I am wrong but I must try
Jan 24, 2019 1:31 PM

Jul 2014
Demyx_IX said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Next episode is gonna trigger A LOT of people.
Jan 24, 2019 1:43 PM

Sep 2018
Demyx_IX said:

"Episode 4 of The Rising of the Shield Hero is problematic because it sympathizes with rapists"

"The end of Shield Hero, Episode 4 clearly shows Raphtalia suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and internalized misogyny"

What else did I miss? :P
Jan 24, 2019 2:01 PM

Feb 2017
ACornelis said:
Ryuuryota said:
how about you explain what you thought was dumb etc people might take you seriously then xd

Sure, i can do that. Let's start off on how to annihilate character development. So basically this cat girl goes from a cowardly child who doesn't want to fight because of PTSD to a much more mature ''grown up'' out of the blue. We didn't really get to see any of it happening either, we just sit and accept the fact that she's grown up now and looks about 6 years older for some reason in the span of however long the time skip was, which they didn't even take time to explain. She's not even THE SAME PERSON. She has a whole new personality. (it can't get more lazy than this)

Now let's get to the ''CLIMAX'' if you can even call it that, because all i saw was absolutely appalling and embarassing CGI bees (lol) and skeletons. If this was supposed to be anything other than comedic i will be baffled.
So basically these bees and skeletons stand around observing these villagers that for some reason got their faces drawn so lazily that they don't even look terrified. They JUST stand around, LITERALLY. They rarely attack they just stand there looking awful.

Now to the other heroes. This fight was obviously just to make us think that the other heroes are much stronger than the main character and cat girl. While they're going to the village actually protecting people, these other heroes run into the woods fighting these huge badass mutations that look way more intimidating than those laughable skeletons and bees. But why would they not protect the village first of all? It doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't get how anyone could get hyped after this episode, i mostly laughed.
she grows physically and mentally as she levels up, there was no timeskip was you even paying attention lol.
the animation during the wave was great what you on about? the villages looked genuinly fearing for their lives.
why the 3 heros didn't bother protecting the village is simple, they are bad, selfish people they just wanted to kill the boss and collect the reward from the king and take the credit. Your reasons are stupid they are incorrect, you didn't even pay attention to the anime, no wonder you give such a poor review because you simply are too stupid to understand what is going on, or you watch with your eyes shut, good job mate.
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Jan 24, 2019 2:03 PM
May 2014
Yeah trying to compare a 9-5 job that you are free to take or leave where you get paid is not and should not ever be compared to actual slavery where someone is sold off to another to be made to do whatever it is that person wants them to do.

It’s hard to consider why this show’s treatment of the slaveowner - slave relationship being considered okay if the slaveowner is “nice” is valid if it’s defenders are out here talking about how black people didn’t have it that bad and that the concept of slavery reflects into people who have the choice to take a job that pays them.

At the end of the day, this is a show where the main character buys a slave, literally hurts and abuses her to do things she doesn’t want too, and now the show wants to ignore all that because she has magically grown up and neither of them ever bring up the fact that she is his slave. Seems very problematic to me. I can overlook the rape accusation because there are many external factors in this show that don’t relate to real life for why people believed her instead of the Shield Hero, but this slavery aspect has been done very poorly and implies that as long as you treat someone nice, it’s okay for them to be your slave.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

544 by FuchsiaBC »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.