3It was OK
5.7%
2Disliked it
1.6%
1Hated it
1.7%
Average 4.6
1,302 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2019 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I see a growing trust between Naofumi and Raphtalia. The other heroes are also back including that spear guy.

Felt like Naofumi was fighting for survival after seeing what he had to face this episode. Their experience and level is growing fast though. Already over level 20+ now. Definitely an intense episode.

Raphtalia seems to also more confident and fierce with her sword now. So many shields this episode lol
Jan 23, 2019 6:01 AM
Sep 2018
Dang how did you get to this episode so quickly, it isn't even out on crunchyroll for me yet x.x
Jan 23, 2019 6:20 AM

Mar 2012
Hipster-Haze said:
Dang how did you get to this episode so quickly, it isn't even out on crunchyroll for me yet x.x

They watch the japanese airing.

Anyway i really hate that the bitch and the spear is the biggest horses ass, But i like how naufumi and rapthalia are getting along and there teamwork and battle capabilities have improved.

The Action Scenes and the animation were really well made, especially compared to the standard fantasy adaptation and for once not a single monster was CGI. I really hope they keep this up.
-ShadowClaw-Jan 23, 2019 8:24 AM
Jan 23, 2019 6:22 AM
Sep 2018
-ShadowClaw- said:
Hipster-Haze said:

Anyway i really hate that the bitch and the spear is the biggest horses ass, But i like how naufumi and rapthalia are getting along and there teamwork and battle capabilities have improved.

Yeah was gonna say that's an option too
Jan 23, 2019 6:57 AM

Nov 2014
Great adaptation, especially like the tower part
But i don't like how they didn't mention Raphtalia's appearance grows with her level instead of her age, how her actual age is still 10, and how the lion demon the 3 heroes defeated is the demon boss of the wave. Cuz the way it seems to me is that they spent their entire time fighting one single insignificant monster while Naofumi was doing so much more
Jan 23, 2019 7:58 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode and adaptation too.

Raphtalia is all grown up now. Just seeing all her scenes get animated gives me life. <3
I love this part where Naofumi actually doesn't realize that Raphtalia has grown up and Raphtalia herself doesn't want other people to tell him that she's grown up now. xD

Damn, that part where he meets the other 3 heroes, you can see the hatred in Naofumi as he doesn't want to even so much as look at them in the face.

The action sequences were fantastic and I especially love the part where Raphtalia just charges out into the knights saying that she won't show any mercy to anyone who disrespects Naofumi. Luckily there were one group of knights who were willing to stand by and fight with Naofumi.

Next episode should have the scene I am most looking forward too and it'll probably show everyone why Raphtalia is best girl and such an endearing character. <3
Jan 23, 2019 7:59 AM

Feb 2018
So fast to upgrade level xD
Jan 23, 2019 8:00 AM
Mar 2018
Was cool to see Naofumi getting a little bit of love from the people for once. The animation in the fight scenes where Naofumi and Raphtalia were combining attacks looked awesome also, really enjoying this so far.
Jan 23, 2019 8:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
For some reason, even when I was reading the manga, I imagined that Raph's voice when she physically got older would have sounded the same as her child-like voice lol....But I'm glad that it matured as well, she sounds a lot more like best girl Mai now :'')

Aesthetically, I love the way that the anime portrays the wave with that ominous looking sky and the bgm used to portray just how serious and sinister these things are and I thoroughly enjoyed that as well as how they chose to animate the monsters

Raph and Naofumi did great and I really liked seeing some of the knights and villagers come around to help them (That and I found the small moves made by the other heroes to look cool too) but man I wish he let those other cunt knights die....God I forgot how much I hate almost everyone from that damn capital kingdom (The other heroes included)

Thank god the villagers are actually good people and acknowledged and thanked Shield Bro for what he did unlike the other heroes and cunt knights who pretty much left them for dead and didn't give a shit about their homes....And it looks like Raph is starting to understand why the rest of those guys suck too, so I'm glad that she was able to figure that out on her own instead of getting deceived by what Spear Cunt said

But with that being said, from this point on, I am officially an anime only watcher and I can't wait to see what else is in store for me with this series and it's characters.....Great episode overall
Jan 23, 2019 8:04 AM
Dec 2018
Really awesome episode i cant wait for next one i bet internet gonna explode with rathtalia has best girl
Jan 23, 2019 8:06 AM
Aug 2016
ttcchen said:
But i don't like how they didn't mention Raphtalia's appearance grows with her level instead of her age, how her actual age is still 10, and how the lion demon the 3 heroes defeated is the demon boss of the wave. Cuz the way it seems to me is that they spent their entire time fighting one single insignificant monster while Naofumi was doing so much more

Well how can you increase the actual age lol. Even if she did that wouldn’t make a difference between Naofumi and Raphtalia
Jan 23, 2019 8:07 AM
Nov 2018
Amazing episode and perfect adaptation.
Jan 23, 2019 8:13 AM
Apr 2018
I enjoyed the actual battle of the shield hero defending the village, but so many other things just either distracted me from enjoying the moments or just straight up turned me off. mainly they've only been there for a month, how the hell did she grow up by 10 years physically, and why can't mr. angsty pants just talk to the person he literally depends his life on, i'm so tired of that trope
Jan 23, 2019 8:20 AM

Apr 2016
So this is how it will be always ? MC doing "hero's" work, while heroes doing just ... stuff, but getting all the credits for it ?

Kinda meh.
Jan 23, 2019 8:26 AM

Jan 2018
I was curious about how the fight was going to be for Naofumi and I am satisfied with the result instead of just shield projections he was doing have hand combat with balanced use of his shield and it made sense with his levels

Raphtalia is growing with her level and her reaction to Royal knights was priceless

How will she look when she max out
Jan 23, 2019 8:28 AM

Oct 2015
Damn I remember now why I love Raphtalia so much.Best girl Definitely :^)
Jan 23, 2019 8:30 AM

Sep 2017
csdavis812 said:
mainly they've only been there for a month, how the hell did she grow up by 10 years physically, and why can't mr. angsty pants just talk to the person he literally depends his life on, i'm so tired of that trope

Also, "mr angsty pants" literally says why she doesn't just talk with her in the episode: He thinks that even if he said the truth, no one would belive him. Seeing how stuff went last time he tried it, he has a good reason to believe it wouldn't work. Plus, Raphtalia is a slave. He doesn't need her to like him to make her do her job, he could just order her to do it.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenJan 24, 2019 9:32 PM
Jan 23, 2019 8:31 AM

Feb 2018
Aww kinda disappointed that I cant see more of small loli Raphtalia, guess some kids really do grow fast lol

Didn't expect the first wave to start immediately after the first 3 episodes but the action was good overall through out the village battle
yeah_no_Jan 23, 2019 8:35 AM
Jan 23, 2019 8:33 AM

Oct 2018
This episode has a serious moral lesson: Don't level up your loli.
Jan 23, 2019 8:37 AM

Jan 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
Hipster-Haze said:

The Action Scenes and the animation were really well made, especially compared to the standard fantasy adaptation and for once not a single monster was CGI. I really hope they keep this up.

Are you sure about that?

Jan 23, 2019 8:38 AM

Nov 2013
Raphtalia si grown up now, can't wait next episode :D
Jan 23, 2019 8:39 AM
Jan 2018
Swagernator said:
So this is how it will be always ? MC doing "hero's" work, while heroes doing just ... stuff, but getting all the credits for it ?

Kinda meh.

Well it's not like the country will give MC any credit . Due to reasons other then what happened in first episode
Jan 23, 2019 8:43 AM
Mar 2016
I loved it. I usually have low standard for Animation, but even I could see this was good.

The other 3 heroes annoyed me a bit in this episode. They acted like Naofumi did nothing when he was defending the villagers. I can see Naofumi slowly but surely restoring his reputation throughout this series. Even some of the guards seemed to appreciate him saving the villagers.

I loved at the begging just how oblivious Naofumi was of Raphtalia's change. I don't know if it's different in Japanese but I loved the line "This country is full of lolicons"

I can't wait till the next episode. This is going to be a long week.

I also want to say. I don't particularly hate any characters yet, other than Malty and whoever else was in on framing him. All the people who weren't in on framing him can't be blamed, the same goes for the other heroes. They are idiots, but at the very least they aren't bad people. That I know of.
KilaldagrenJan 23, 2019 8:49 AM
Jan 23, 2019 8:44 AM
Jan 2019
This is so aggrivating, when will he clear his name? When he was accused of raping he could have done several things. Come on.
Swear on his honor and his life
Ask for investigators to investigate his missing items and the rooms, and the story of that dreadful human trash.
Call upon his status as a hero and at least make people doubt that he did it and check into her background, weather she is a thief or pulled something similar before.
Maybe even try to appease to her and that disgusting creep's sense of guilt and tell them that making light of this is extremely offensive and making fun of people who actually have been raped. Just for a month's money or whatever.
Also is impeding one of the heroes, who were LITERALLY summoned here just for 1 job - to save the world. They are basically trying to burn the world! For a MONTH's worth of supplies! WTF!
Probably other things that could have been done too. OR AT LEAST SOMETHING.
Come on!
JabokaJan 23, 2019 8:53 AM
Jan 23, 2019 8:46 AM

Jul 2014
Im no novel reader but am a manga reader, did they just skip

Shield bro and blacksmith Bro's moment!? its the img above, this happened after he gave Naofumi that tribal armor.
They're adapting 2 chapters per ep, at this rate we may even surpass pope arc but I doubt it, unless they rush the hell out of it.

Not that I'm saying the other heroes didnt do jack but they did beat the boss, that at least counts for something, but it was 3 of them with their full party while Naofumi was alone only with Raph.

And also, Raph's tone sounds more and more similar to her Mai role! LOVING THIS SO DAMN MUCH!

The way those heroes were lookin at Naofumi triggered me to no end, especially when that damn bitch and spear dick started talking.

EDIT:
Anyways, with that being said, get your feels ready for NEP, it'll be a roller coaster.
-StrayJan 23, 2019 8:56 AM
Jan 23, 2019 8:48 AM
Nov 2018
Awesome episode. I don't remember the tower part in LN, is it from manga? Church has an interesting emblem, they keep throwing in little hints about the bigger picture.

Swagernator said:
Kinda meh.
Actually, they defeated the wave boss which stopped the wave. It was hero's work without a question. The boss would squash Naofumi like a bug because he is far behind in levelling. Defective heroes just handled it like a game and didn't care about bunch of NPCs dying nearby.
Jan 23, 2019 8:48 AM

May 2016
How did Raphtalia grow up so fast don't tell me they age faster than humans T-T
I already miss the shy Raphtalia.

anyway seems they grew to level to level 22 and 19 not bad but still far away, the last boss was shown up close and looked like a huge monster yet it was small af.

-Stray said:
Im no novel reader but am a manga reader, did they just skip

Shield bro and blacksmith Bro's moment!? its the img above, this happened after he gave Naofumi that tribal armor.
They're adapting 2 chapters per ep, at this rate we may even surpass pope arc but I doubt it, unless they rush the hell out of it.

Not that I'm saying the other heroes didnt do jack but they did beat the boss, that at least counts for something, but it was 3 of them with their full party while Naofumi was alone only with Raph.

And also, Raph's tone sounds more and more similar to her Mai role! LOVING THIS SO DAMN MUCH!

The way those heroes were lookin at Naofumi triggered me to no end, especially when that damn bitch and spear dick started talking.
Np bromance I guess.
Jan 23, 2019 8:55 AM

Sep 2018
Its nothing special so far but its enjoyable for what it is and you get new Isekai Characters to hate on,but really holy shit the other 3 heros are the lowest Human beings possible...

But wait how did Raphtalia grow from child to i dont know 17 or so in one week,its still a little dumb that Red-haired bitch false rape accuse was not questioned and no one even gives Naofumi a chance for saying that he wasnt it even after seeing the spear dude with his own armor

They couldve just asked the Weapon Seller dude who bought this armor and everything would be clear....
-Mullerio-Jan 23, 2019 8:59 AM
Jan 23, 2019 9:00 AM
Nov 2018
Jaboka said:
This is so aggrivating, when will he clear his name? When he was accused of raping he could have done several things. Come on.
Where is fun in it? So, episode 1 - court clears Naofumi's name, episode 2 - standard isekai where everyone loves the hero and nothing stands in his way. Then why have this part of the plot at all, it is just a ridiculous waste of time.

There are good reasons the trial was like that. E.g., the evidence was planted in the room after Naofumi left - Mein couldn't do it and the place was under guards control.
Jan 23, 2019 9:01 AM

Jan 2017
Great episode. Really loved how Raphtalia showed hostility towards the knights when they tried to target Naofumi.

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jan 23, 2019 9:05 AM

Feb 2016
Great episode. Naofumi did the real Hero work and protected the town nearby while the other heroes were showing off. (I know they killed the boss but still...)

Damn, that loli sure grow up fast xD
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall

Apr 2015
I find this to be really entertaining, it might not be a unique isekai, but knowing what is coming and doing the anti-hero thing is pretty interesting.

Literally almost everyone is a disgusting human being in this anime.

Feb 2011
Great adaptation for this episode, i love naofumi and raphtalia

Jan 23, 2019 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
I loved this episode, and my hatred towards the other heroes are just growing bigger and bigger lol. What a bunch of assholes
Jan 23, 2019 9:09 AM
Mar 2018
The other heroes are sooooo lame!! They defeated just a medium sized monster with their powers combined while Raphtalia and Naofumi were fighting on their own.
Now they think they are the best even more because they believe it was that easy.
I can't wait to see their faces when they are gonna meet Naofumi on the battle field lmao
Jan 23, 2019 9:09 AM
Sep 2018
I think I nearly snapped when that red head Thor showed up. Fighting scenes where good and smooth, there was no eyesore fighting scene which makes you questions physics. Still it's better than Overlord S3 ending monster CGI. It was so cringe
Jan 23, 2019 9:13 AM

Jun 2013
Kinda bugged me that 90% of the time the monsters were just sitting around doing nothing, even when they had the villagers cornered. It was really distracting. There was only like 4-5 seconds of animated fight sequences, the rest was just everyone standing around. I gotta say the animation was a huge step down this episode. Definitely the weakest episode of the 3, let's hope things improve from here.

Like I know the point is to give the characters time to talk but they could have done a much better job.
ex_necrossJan 23, 2019 9:17 AM
Jan 23, 2019 9:13 AM

Sep 2014
Liked the action scenes this week. Raphtalia has also grown up a lot :') My only complaint is that they didn't mention that the chimera was a boss which was needed to be exterminated to stop the wave but other than that I'm enjoying the adaptation.
Jan 23, 2019 9:16 AM

Jul 2014
Naofumi's less broken here than in the manga, manga he was really angsty and on edge af during this wave fight, but here he's actually kinda happy he's risking his life for random people, whereas in the manga he's like this

And he also got cold with Raph after their confrontation with Motoyasu in the manga while here he wasnt really that flipped off.

You guys can check the spoiler imgs since its already done with anyways, just fun comparing the two.
Jan 23, 2019 9:17 AM

Apr 2018
Amazing episode and intense AF, easily my fav this season
Jan 23, 2019 9:19 AM
Dec 2014
Well the anime seems to be diverging from the LN as well. Just like how the LN diverged from the WN. This must be the nicest version of Naofumi I have ever seen.
Jan 23, 2019 9:20 AM
Dec 2015
Jaboka said:
Swear on his honor and his life
Ask for investigators to investigate his missing items and the rooms, and the story of that dreadful human trash.
Call upon his status as a hero and at least make people doubt that he did it and check into her background, weather she is a thief or pulled something similar before.
Maybe even try to appease to her and that disgusting creep's sense of guilt and tell them that making light of this is extremely offensive and making fun of people who actually have been raped. Just for a month's money or whatever.
Also is impeding one of the heroes, who were LITERALLY summoned here just for 1 job - to save the world. They are basically trying to burn the world! For a MONTH's worth of supplies! WTF!
Probably other things that could have been done too. OR AT LEAST SOMETHING.
Come on!

I'm a manga reader so I can explain a few things, but there will be minor spoilers ahead.
It will definitely clear up any misunderstandings and confusion though.

Jan 23, 2019 9:27 AM
Feb 2017
This show needs more first-person narration, maybe is something overused in the isekai genre but at least works. That way we could learn more about the shield's abilities or know more about their stats and their improve with the level up and they could explain why Raphtalia grew so much. I know that is because of the level up but a lot of people didn't get it.
Jan 23, 2019 9:28 AM

May 2017
I'm glad that Raphtalia's growth isn't as huge as the manga's version.
Honestly, this anime really needs more monologue. They add so much to the characters. Raphtalia is so underdeveloped.
The anime is kinda like a mix between the light novel and the manga (which follows the web novel)

Extremely looking forward to the next episode. One of my favourite moments in the light novel.
copyrightRingoJan 23, 2019 9:41 AM
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Jan 23, 2019 9:30 AM

Jan 2017
Wow, this episode was so garbage. It was on the same level as Sword art Online when it comes to incompetent writing and directing.

If you enjoyed this episode i really need you to watch it again and pay attention to what's going on because you clearly missed how poor and dumb it was.
REVIVE MECHA
Jan 23, 2019 9:36 AM

Jun 2014
I thought the Wave was going to be some big thing that came at the end of the show, or at least at the end of the first cour, so I was caught off guard when it happened in this episode.

We got some action involving all the Heroes, and my god the Spear Hero and his little girlfriend are such asses.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 23, 2019 9:38 AM

Jul 2015
It's good to see that Raphtalia grew up both physically and mentally besides the first wave was easy.
Jan 23, 2019 9:40 AM

Mar 2017
Epic, so fucking epic! I think this ep showed how powerful Naofumi and Raph are already, i mean they took on a whole horde of the Wave monsters on their own whilst the other shitheads were doing the same amount of work as Nao and Raph but with triple the power.
I really hate the other 3 heroes... someone needs to kick their ass and take them down a peg or two!
Jan 23, 2019 9:46 AM
Feb 2017
ttcchen said:

The 3 heroes said it was the boss.
Jan 23, 2019 9:48 AM

Sep 2018
Lightbringer95 said:
It's good to see that Raphtalia grew up both physically and mentally besides the first wave was easy.
it's because the heroes focused on fighting the bost instead of dealing with the waves properly by killing the low level creeps first, they're not even heroes, heroes are supposed to save lives and protect people but instead they went straight to the boss instead of protecting the village, that just shows that they're assholes, Naofumi is the only one who isn't an asshole
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

544 by FuchsiaBC »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.