Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2019 9:51 AM

Feb 2011
FreezePeach said:
Awesome episode. I don't remember the tower part in LN, is it from manga? Church has an interesting emblem, they keep throwing in little hints about the bigger picture.
Not in manga either from what I remember. Adaptation has already taken liberties as is. Foreshadowing is one of them. They're likely changing the order of big reveals as well. Adds mystery to the story, but most anime onlys see it as leaving questions unanswered. Just got to be patient and finish the series before asking.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jan 23, 2019 9:51 AM

Sep 2017
Pretty good direction and animation. But I still think the way the whole world conspires against the protagonist is very contrived. The "bad guys" are depicted as either incurably stupid or irredeemably evil.

I'm not against shows that depict false accusation and mob mentality. I'm a fan of the 2012 film The Hunt. I have also spent a lot of time reading on the history of anti-semitism and specifically the Dreyfus affair (one of the most famous false accusation case in that history.) So I'm pretty sympathetic to the kind of resentment being represented in this anime. But I just find the way it depicts everyone else apart from those who are on the protagonist's side is very shallow. And it has only gotten worse in later development (I'm speaking as a manga reader.) Compare this to The Twelve Kingdom, where there is a great variety of nuanced ways of reacting to the unwelcome outsiders in different social contexts, Tate Yuusha paints almost everything in black and white.
Jan 23, 2019 9:53 AM

Aug 2018
I wish Naofumi had let the monsters eat the Knights. It would have been quite satisfying.

I have a feeling Malty is going to suffer a wicked end. Maybe not soon, but eventually.
Jan 23, 2019 9:57 AM
Feb 2017
-Stray said:
Naofumi's less broken here than in the manga, manga he was really angsty and on edge af during this wave fight, but here he's actually kinda happy he's risking his life for random people, whereas in the manga he's like this

And he also got cold with Raph after their confrontation with Motoyasu in the manga while here he wasnt really that flipped off.

You guys can check the spoiler imgs since its already done with anyways, just fun comparing the two.

I like how they interpreted him in the anime, then. In the manga his angstiness is more annoying than actually contributing to his character. It's understandable why he questioned himself for fighting for the town, but him getting so angry on the verge of losing it is not Naofumi's personality. It's also understandable that he somewhat thinks Raphtalia is genuine, as he says "That so?" Rather than in the manga he just thinks she would cross him if she had the chance. Definitely like the anime persona more than the manga.
Jan 23, 2019 10:02 AM

Aug 2018
SeaVee said:
This episode has a serious moral lesson: Don't level up your loli.
hahahaha putting on raincoat for oncoming flood of sjw tears.
Jan 23, 2019 10:03 AM

Jul 2014
BlakexEkalb said:
-Stray said:
Naofumi's less broken here than in the manga, manga he was really angsty and on edge af during this wave fight, but here he's actually kinda happy he's risking his life for random people, whereas in the manga he's like this

And he also got cold with Raph after their confrontation with Motoyasu in the manga while here he wasnt really that flipped off.

You guys can check the spoiler imgs since its already done with anyways, just fun comparing the two.

I like how they interpreted him in the anime, then. In the manga his angstiness is more annoying than actually contributing to his character. It's understandable why he questioned himself for fighting for the town, but him getting so angry on the verge of losing it is not Naofumi's personality. It's also understandable that he somewhat thinks Raphtalia is genuine, as he says "That so?" Rather than in the manga he just thinks she would cross him if she had the chance. Definitely like the anime persona more than the manga.

He doesnt trust Raph as well here, tho not as straight forward and cruel as it was in the manga, Raph was asking him what happened with him and the other heroes and he thought "Even if I tell the truth, no one will believe me"
As for me I prefer the manga one a lot more, it payed off with how his and Raph's relationship deepened after this events.
Jan 23, 2019 10:03 AM
Feb 2017
ACornelis said:
Wow, this episode was so garbage. It was on the same level as Sword art Online when it comes to incompetent writing and directing.

If you enjoyed this episode i really need you to watch it again and pay attention to what's going on because you clearly missed how poor and dumb it was.

>Assuming your opinion is superior to everyone else because everyone else enjoyed the show

Someone doesn't like a show getting popularity.
Jan 23, 2019 10:04 AM

Nov 2018
Raphtalia promoted to slave-in-name-only, as shown by her calling the shots in the blacksmith.

The fight scene exceeded my expectations (I think its presentation was more clear than in the manga, heresy, I know).

I also liked how they presented the confrontation with the knights and the splinter group that came to their aid.

Finally how they had Raph kinda break down at the end, showing that her scars are still there, she’s just learning to live with them.
Jan 23, 2019 10:06 AM
Mar 2017
Again Naofumi proved to be a true hero, risking his life to save the townspeople.
This episode was very good, this adaptation I liked lot, even if they took some things, it seemed very good, the battle of the wave of calamity turned out to be of good quality, the monsters looked good and the action developed well, by this I mean the effort of Naofumi and Raphtalia, the others nobody cares, they are only 3 scumbags and 1 slut.
Naofumi has managed to acquire a number of skills that have been very useful and Raphtalia has grown at the same time as her level and now she is a beautiful young lady (although she is still 10 years old). I love that Raphtalia takes care of Naofumi so much, although sometimes she's a bit bossy and tries to pretend to be an adult.
I must emphasize that Raphtalia is too adorable, now that she has grown, her expressions and her personality are very funny, Raphtalia also feels that she still does not know her master and this is thanks to the disgusting words Motoyasu said.
I liked the new armor of Naofumi, it looks good, and he looks more intimidating.
The encounter with the other heroes was horrible, I was gross out to see the bastard puppet of Motoyasu and the slut of Malty, the same with "fake kirito" Ren and the poor idiot of Itsuki, besides the bastard of Motoyasu dared to Touch Raphtalia and keep insulting Naofumi.
I was delighted to see that Raphtalia reaffirms her loyalty to Naofumi, despite hearing the trash that Motoyasu bastard said and she assures him that she will be his sword.
The battle in the village demonstrated all the heroic side of Naofumi despite questioning his own actions, in the end he manages to get the people of the town to evacuate, but he and Raphtalia are attacked by the Kinghts of the capital, which, being sincere, did not surprise me that fucking attitude toward Naofumi, but I loved seeing Raphtalia pointing her sword at the captain of knights and it is more Naofumi showed his true nature and defended the same captain who tried to hurt him and his partner. I must say that Naofumi showed some of the Knights that he is not what the rumors say and they decide to join the hero of the shield.
It is surprising how ridiculous the 3 heroes look like defeating a single monster, while Naofumi and Raphtalia struggled to avoid a real misfortune.
Jan 23, 2019 10:06 AM
Feb 2017
-Stray said:
BlakexEkalb said:

He doesnt trust Raph as well here, tho not as straight forward and cruel as it was in the manga, Raph was asking him what happened with him and the other heroes and he thought "Even if I tell the truth, no one will believe me"
As for me I prefer the manga one a lot more, it payed off with how his and Raph's relationship deepened after this events.

That's why I said somewhat, as he doesn't fully trust her yet. I don't know how the dialogue would play out, I'll have to wait and see.
Jan 23, 2019 10:08 AM

Jul 2014
BlakexEkalb said:
-Stray said:

That's why I said somewhat, as he doesn't fully trust her yet. I don't know how the dialogue would play out, I'll have to wait and see.

Its not a "somewhat" he literally does not trust her, its the seal that he trusts, not Raph herself.
Jan 23, 2019 10:20 AM
Nov 2018
Reload said:
FreezePeach said:
Awesome episode. I don't remember the tower part in LN, is it from manga? Church has an interesting emblem, they keep throwing in little hints about the bigger picture.
Not in manga either from what I remember. Adaptation has already taken liberties as is. Foreshadowing is one of them. They're likely changing the order of big reveals as well. Adds mystery to the story, but most anime onlys see it as leaving questions unanswered. Just got to be patient and finish the series before asking.
Indeed. Some people expected all question answered by the end of episode 2 if not the first one. It is weird, foreshadowing and keeping major details secret is absolutely normal in anime, LNs and manga. Like, there can be fight till death against horrible enemy for half of the series, then it turns out enemy has the same interests and now they are allies. Madoka with origin of the witches and entities behind the whole thing. Evangelion pretended there is an awesome story to be revealed soon until like, episode 26.

Well, I think tower was fine. They had to make battle more interesting than in LN.
Apr 2016
When we look at it now, at this episode, it finally shows how generic the production is. Nothing special about it, a second rate adaptation. The transitions, dialogues, etc. But is well enough to not just look awkward.
Re:formed
Sep 2016
BlakexEkalb said:
ACornelis said:
Wow, this episode was so garbage. It was on the same level as Sword art Online when it comes to incompetent writing and directing.

If you enjoyed this episode i really need you to watch it again and pay attention to what's going on because you clearly missed how poor and dumb it was.

>Assuming your opinion is superior to everyone else because everyone else enjoyed the show

like SAO, popular, very high score, and it's shit
Jan 23, 2019 10:24 AM

May 2018
Oh so the Wave is here now?????/

Ok so Naofumi, doesn't have any offensive weapon and is not even allowed to have one, but boy did he did a force multiplier having the towns folk fighting for him.

They had Raphtalia grew up fast.

So when will that big white chicken appear????

Ya know I'm thinking that them heroes weren't summon to fight the waves, more like this is a last man standing kinda thing, cu'z it's gonna look like that for very wave that come a newer and more advance monster would come.
JiangHaoyi1979Jan 23, 2019 10:36 AM
Jan 23, 2019 10:24 AM
Oct 2018
Mullerio said:
Its nothing special so far but its enjoyable for what it is and you get new Isekai Characters to hate on,but really holy shit the other 3 heros are the lowest Human beings possible...

But wait how did Raphtalia grow from child to i dont know 17 or so in one week,its still a little dumb that Red-haired bitch false rape accuse was not questioned and no one even gives Naofumi a chance for saying that he wasnt it even after seeing the spear dude with his own armor

They couldve just asked the Weapon Seller dude who bought this armor and everything would be clear....

Well she is the princess and he is just an outsider so I dont think anyone will go on investigating things if princess is one accusing.
Jan 23, 2019 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Oh so the Wave is here now?????/

Ok so Naofumi, doesn't have any offensive weapon and is not even allowed to have one, but boy did he did a force multiplier having the towns folk fighting for him.

They had Raphtalia grew up fast.

So when will that big white chicken appear????

With the pace its been going, around ep5 or 6 at best.
Jan 23, 2019 10:38 AM
Mar 2017
Horrible. Literally shield art online.
Jan 23, 2019 10:40 AM

Nov 2010
I have a question for LN or Manga reader.
For me the hatred the people throw at him feels extremely forced, is there a reason for them to be that mean? Especially when he is helping people it seems extremely unlikely for people to still hold a grudge heavy enough to fuck themselves over.
Especially the people that know or at least are aware that he is accused without any evidence have no reason to act the way they are other than being assholes and even that should have some limits especially when it comes to live and death situation.
Is there any way to explain the amount of hatred that is so far of the charts?
Jan 23, 2019 10:41 AM

Mar 2016
-ShadowClaw- said:
Hipster-Haze said:
Dang how did you get to this episode so quickly, it isn't even out on crunchyroll for me yet x.x

They watch the japanese airing.

Anyway i really hate that the bitch and the spear is the biggest horses ass, But i like how naufumi and rapthalia are getting along and there teamwork and battle capabilities have improved.

The Action Scenes and the animation were really well made, especially compared to the standard fantasy adaptation and for once not a single monster was CGI. I really hope they keep this up.

There was actually CGI with the bugs, but it wasn't that bad, tbh.
Jan 23, 2019 10:43 AM

Jan 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
ACornelis said:

Lol, what a sad and delusional interpretation of what i said.

I actually enjoyed the show for the first 2 episodes atleast to some extent but this episode was garbage.
REVIVE MECHA
Jan 23, 2019 10:47 AM
Apr 2016
zwolf12 said:
I have a question for LN or Manga reader.
For me the hatred the people throw at him feels extremely forced, is there a reason for them to be that mean? Especially when he is helping people it seems extremely unlikely for people to still hold a grudge heavy enough to fuck themselves over.
Especially the people that know or at least are aware that he is accused without any evidence have no reason to act the way they are other than being assholes and even that should have some limits especially when it comes to live and death situation.
Is there any way to explain the amount of hatred that is so far of the charts?

It is something you are supposed to get to know yourself LATER in the series. If it feels forced to you, it does not mean it is in reality. It means you now think, for some reason, it is forced. Actual, decent art addresses such concerns as the story develops, it is a generic and normal storytelling technique. If it is actually forced and is not a properly justified idea, then it is a bad example of art. But we will not know it unless and until when it is addressed.
Daniel_NaumovJan 23, 2019 10:51 AM
Jan 23, 2019 10:48 AM

Sep 2015
After horrible second episode they returned to quality of first episode.
As someone who read ranobe I am pleased with this one.
Also haha on idiots who think Shieldbro is harem. No girl can compete with Raphtalia and even she is in "father zone"
The opinions of people with shit taste, such as yourself, may differ of course.
Jan 23, 2019 10:48 AM

Nov 2013
how come the furi-loli is legal now?! and, in a few weeks?

P.S were the 3 heroes fighting just 1 boss-lvl creature? That's so stupid, but i guess they'll get the best drop-loot, while shield hero gets common-loot for clearing out the trash-mobs...
Jan 23, 2019 10:51 AM

Jul 2014
MAL needs to put a pin comment for the people that keeps asking why/how Raph grew so fast that it will be explained sooner than later, probably NEP in fact.
Patience people, all you need to know for the meantime is she's a demi-human, so ofc her growth rate can differ from normal humans, especially in an isekai at that.
Jan 23, 2019 10:52 AM
Mar 2018
So, they changed the appearance of the loli to being more adult and lewdable. What bunch of crap, but if it pleases the masses...

Also, is this isekai? Because I didn't know he was in "our" world before and if not then it would just be plain stupid to insert a hub into a fantasy world, because then it's just one of those...
Jan 23, 2019 10:57 AM

May 2017
So she grew up a few years in a week.

the fight against the monsters felt a little shallow for me. It didn't really excite me that much.

They really do a great job at making us hate the other heroes and the whore
Jan 23, 2019 10:57 AM

Dec 2016
Vicious hedgehogs/porcupines, now that is scary.

I liked how Raphtalia was bossing Naofumi around in the weapon shop, it was pretty funny to watch.

If I was Naofumi I would have socked Kitamura, hitting him with a shield would hurt a hell of a lot more than a standard punch, all of the other heroes are scum if you ask me.

The combination between Raphtalia & Naofumi is pretty incredible to watch, it's almost as if they have been fighting together their entire lives.

Rapthalia is pretty impressive anyway, she was too scared to lift a blade not too long now, now she is badass.

Good to see that all the villages were grateful, hopefully his reputation with the people around the world improves, he fought incredible hard.

That's one wave down, who knows just how many more there are, and next time the monsters could be far worse and stronger than the ones we saw this time around.
Jan 23, 2019 10:59 AM

Jul 2008
ttcchen said:
Great adaptation, especially like the tower part
But i don't like how they didn't mention Raphtalia's appearance grows with her level instead of her age, how her actual age is still 10, and how the lion demon the 3 heroes defeated is the demon boss of the wave. Cuz the way it seems to me is that they spent their entire time fighting one single insignificant monster while Naofumi was doing so much more

I don't know about the LN, but I'm pretty sure the aging part was mentioned later on in the Manga. It's clear around which scene the Anime should explain this.
Not that her aging matters that much. She ages in both appearance and mentality.

As for the Boss, they did mention that the Lion-Snake thing was a Boss. They didn't really go into detail of what it means, but people who played their games will know what it means and this exposition will matter more when Naofumi has to deal with a Boss anyway. In other words, another thing that can be delayed (and as any good writer will tell you, early exposition is never good for multiple reasons).
Jan 23, 2019 11:00 AM

May 2017
-ShadowClaw- said:
Hipster-Haze said:
Dang how did you get to this episode so quickly, it isn't even out on crunchyroll for me yet x.x

The Action Scenes and the animation were really well made, especially compared to the standard fantasy adaptation and for once not a single monster was CGI. I really hope they keep this up.

there was cgi on the monsters. And the monsters were mostly still frames where they were standing around. But the animation on naofumi and the girl was pretty good.
Jan 23, 2019 11:02 AM

Nov 2016
Really enjoyed this episode again, directing of the action scenes was top.

My only gripe is still how this series deals with our hero. Maybe I wouldn't mind it to this extent if the contrast wasn't all too apparent.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 23, 2019 11:02 AM

Aug 2008
It takes some skill to make anime more static than manga... There was absolutely no weight to the battle. It was just some random running around and raccoon girl cleaving everything in half with one hit along with the suspension of disbelief. Shield Hero acting like a total bastard got so watered down he becomes indistinguishable from any other isekai MC. Shame.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 23, 2019 11:04 AM
Sep 2016
The animation and direction was pretty pathetic tbh... I've seen edited manga clips with more movement .
And I know a lot of us are afraid to admit it but...the character writing on this is kinda dumb but I digress
Hey at least bits of the soundtrack are still on point though
JudoJDJan 23, 2019 11:10 AM
1.1.Six
Jan 23, 2019 11:15 AM

Dec 2013
"Pretty" bad episode.
The animation and direction aside... this writing is just atrocious, especially when it comes to the characters (what's wrong with that raccoon LOL).

Also, that "summoning" mechanic was probably the dumbest thing I saw in an isekai anime ever.
Looks like you only need in-game setting to be #1 anime in the season.
And this show is average af... 5/10

Jan 23, 2019 11:17 AM

Jan 2017
Things done well this episode:

Raphtalia is really being done right. Right from the start of the episode with her bargaining with the blacksmith we see what is from now on her 'true' character after Naofumi's raised her - no-nonsense, thrifty, very focused on the job. She also feels very nuanced and three-dimensional. Her crying after the wave is defeated is great for showing how awful she still feels about losing her family, even though she's doing her bit now.

The music was good as well I guess.

Things not done well this episode:

Naofumi, what did they do with you? As someone upthread said, he was a lot more bitter and angry at this point in the manga and WN. Call it angsty if you like - it was very much what defined his character at this point and it was a mistake for the anime to blow past it. With the exception of his encounter with the other heroes Naofumi just seemed blase though the whole thing.

This is due to the anime skipping bits of characterisation (again, like the little exchange with the blacksmith that someone posted upthread). I was one of those that felt that the pacing was fine last episode - I don't think the same for this one. It's rushing, at the expense of losing the feel of the character.

Also - that battle scene. Oh, wow. It's very hard to get pumped up for it when you have groups of villagers standing perfectly still, facing off against monsters who are also perfectly still. There was no dynamism in that scene whatsoever - it felt like the monsters were barely trying to attack, and only a threat because the villagers were barely trying to defend. This was a very bad fight scene - well animated, sure, for those bits in motion, without the CGI being jarring at all, but horribly directed and choreographed.

Except when Raphtalia got involved, and we got a lovely flowing bit of sakuga that felt like all combatants were in motion for a couple of seconds. This is because Raphtalia is a ray of sunshine that improves literally everything.

Also:

"Men, form a phalanx!"

"Ha!"

"Now, immediately break that phalanx and charge!"
Maurice_5Jan 23, 2019 11:20 AM
Jan 23, 2019 11:20 AM

Jan 2017
Shield Hero's ED is my favourite of winter season. If there is a subtitled version of it, link me up.
Jan 23, 2019 11:21 AM
Nov 2011
Onhel said:
Meh. I'm quite disappointed by the pace of this one. There's just no hatred and anger, unlike in manga. They're trying too hard, they should keep the pace slow and steady. The emotions are pretty meh at this one. 6 / 10

I agree in the Light novel and Manga you were able to feel Naofumi's anger and hatred, the anime doesn't do him justice.
Jan 23, 2019 11:22 AM

Nov 2014
LavalGaming said:
ttcchen said:
Great adaptation, especially like the tower part
But i don't like how they didn't mention Raphtalia's appearance grows with her level instead of her age, how her actual age is still 10, and how the lion demon the 3 heroes defeated is the demon boss of the wave. Cuz the way it seems to me is that they spent their entire time fighting one single insignificant monster while Naofumi was doing so much more

Well how can you increase the actual age lol. Even if she did that wouldn’t make a difference between Naofumi and Raphtalia
increase her age like an ordinary human being? Anime onlys would watch this episode and wonder why the chibi Raphtalia is suddenly a teenager when only a week has passed. They should have adapted properly and explain how demi-humans grow according to their level, not their age.
Jan 23, 2019 11:22 AM

Nov 2010
Daniel_Naumov said:

It is something you are supposed to get to know yourself LATER in the series. If it feels forced to you, it does not mean it is in reality. It means you now think, for some reason, it is forced. Actual, decent art addresses such concerns as the story develops, it is a generic and normal storytelling technique. If it is actually forced and is not a properly justified idea, then it is a bad example of art. But we will not know it unless and until when it is addressed.

Well, lets just say that with the knowledge we have now (from the anime only) it feels forced and experience with millions of shitty isekai dictates that it never gets addressed and so stands as shitty writing.
That is why I asked for clarification if there is more to it or if it is just bad writing from people that read the LN or the manga, because if the answer is non existent I can save myself some time and drop the show and don't have to watch till the end to find out that it never got addressed.
Jan 23, 2019 11:27 AM

Nov 2014
-Stray said:
MAL needs to put a pin comment for the people that keeps asking why/how Raph grew so fast that it will be explained sooner than later, probably NEP in fact.
Patience people, all you need to know for the meantime is she's a demi-human, so ofc her growth rate can differ from normal humans, especially in an isekai at that.

Nah, people just need to read posts in topic and realize it's a forum, not a chat.
Tho this one was hinted that it will be answered during blacksmith scene - he clearly wanted to tell him, but got interrupted. I'd say that's good way to tell "you will learn later, wait" to watchers. On the other hand some people somehow missed 3 hearoes clearly stating that the monster they fought was a boss, so I idk...

OT: I liked the action scenes and big Raph is cute, but tbh I prefer loli version. On the other hand I don't like how other 3 hearoes are made to be disliked - it's too one sided for me. There should be some more hints that they aren't really bad guys (unless they are?) and just manipulated.
Jan 23, 2019 11:28 AM

Mar 2014
Naofumi actually ran around punching and shield bashing the mobs to draw aggro. That was a nice touch and I don't remember him doing that from either the manga or LN. I could be remembering wrong though.

Jan 23, 2019 11:32 AM

Dec 2016
Good episode. I also really like the opening.

Only problem I have with this series so far is the villains, who I guess are the other three heroes and that one bitch; all four of them are cliched and cartoonish to the point that I can't take them seriously. Also the monsters from the Waves appear to be nameless mobs with no personality, so the other villains in this show are terrible as well. I like the main duo, but they can only carry the show so much.

What's the difference?
Jan 23, 2019 11:34 AM
Apr 2016
zwolf12 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Well, lets just say that with the knowledge we have now (from the anime only) it feels forced and experience with millions of shitty isekai dictates that it never gets addressed and so stands as shitty writing.
That is why I asked for clarification if there is more to it or if it is just bad writing from people that read the LN or the manga, because if the answer is non existent I can save myself some time and drop the show and don't have to watch till the end to find out that it never got addressed.

But "drop" it only because of one flawed concept? Don't you feel like you are fine with watching the series as it is for now, but then if that one thing becomes apparent (that the who hate is actually forced, which I do not believe to be and there were some allusions to why already), then you would stop watching even though the rest of the series you find fine?
Jan 23, 2019 11:34 AM
Nov 2018
Maurice_5 said:

"Men, form a phalanx!"
"Ha!"
Bad translation. Phalanx is a different formation and there is a different word for it. He says "mishuu jinkei" which means "dense military formation". It made sense because it would simplify defense and attack. When they attack they still move in formation.
Jan 23, 2019 11:35 AM
Apr 2016
Daemon said:

Only problem I have with this series so far is the villains, who I guess are the other three heroes and that one bitch;

Bzzzzzzzzt try to guess the villains again.
Protip: Villains do not drop into another world together with the protagonist.
Jan 23, 2019 11:37 AM

Dec 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Daemon said:

Only problem I have with this series so far is the villains, who I guess are the other three heroes and that one bitch;

I've only watched the first three episodes so that's all I have to work with (this is ANIME discussion), and so far it's clear that the heroes and that girl in the beginning have been framed as the main villains.

But if you're saying that there are other villains, then my guess would be the king and his advisers or something like that.

What's the difference?
Jan 23, 2019 11:37 AM
Apr 2016
FreezePeach said:
Maurice_5 said:

"Men, form a phalanx!"
"Ha!"
Bad translation. Phalanx is a different formation and there is a different word for it. He says "mishuu jinkei" which means "dense military formation". It made sense because it would simplify defense and attack. When they attack they still move in formation.
Or it is just that.
Jan 23, 2019 11:39 AM
Apr 2016
Daemon said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

I've only watched the first three episodes so that's all I have to work with (this is ANIME discussion), and so far it's clear that the heroes and that girl in the beginning have been framed as the main villains.

But if you're saying that there are other villains, then my guess would be the king and his advisers or something like that.

You are completely misunderstanding the characters here. The thot one yes she is a bad girl for whatever reason, but the other heroes are not. They honestly believe the shield hero tried to assault the princess, who is playing victim and that spear hero obviously likes his girls protected. Other two heroes don't even show animosity towards the shield hero, they just go with the flow and try to do their part. I am sure later on when the plot by the princess revealed, the spear hero will apologize for tarnishing shield hero's dignity with the rest of the kingdom rednecks.
Jan 23, 2019 11:41 AM

Mar 2018
Animation and direction arent bad, it's just weak especially when they show like hundreds of monsters spawning that end up flying/standing around it would be cool if they did a better job at showing what's actually happening on the battlefield. AoT and Kingdom do a great job at this by telling the viewer what strategies are being used and what the battlefield looks like on a map which makes the experience immersive, if future battles in this show continue to be bland there's not much to enjoy imo because the plot and characters arent that interesting I could just play some RPG game
poop
Jan 23, 2019 11:42 AM
Apr 2016
Esquirtit said:
Animation and direction arent bad, it's just weak especially when they show like hundreds of monsters spawning that end up flying/standing around it would be cool if they did a better job at showing what's actually happening on the battlefield. AoT and Kingdom do a great job at this by telling the viewer what strategies are being used and what the battlefield looks like on a map which makes the experience immersive, if future battles in this show continue to be bland there's not much to enjoy imo because the plot and characters arent that interesting I could just play some RPG game

And they will, because in AoT there are tactics, and here is magic and friendship.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

544 by FuchsiaBC »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.