Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2019 11:37 AM

Jan 2016
Hahahaah this was great, the OST is amazing! They skipped a few things which is disappointing but ultimately they did the corridor scene justice
Jan 17, 2019 11:38 AM

May 2010
uninstallthegame said:
i assume they're gonna build up the suspense for quite a while, huh? shit's not going down any soon?

i started reading the manga as chapter 2 was out and i was honestly surpised it took only
chapters to "go down".

Jan 17, 2019 11:40 AM
Jun 2015

At this moment mama was feeling Emma's pulse after she asked her the question, OMG!! mama must be very smart and manipulative.
Jan 17, 2019 11:43 AM

Jan 2016
The epic music during the conversation at the end, haha.
I wondered when the other adult would be introduced...
Jan 17, 2019 11:43 AM

Dec 2013
fuck yeah, I've been waiting to hear the interactions between R.E.N. really enjoyed their moments with the voice acting
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 17, 2019 11:44 AM
Nov 2018
This episode is so great . Didn't even realize 20 mins has passed already. Shit man, that psycho mama freaked me out. And Norman guy is so blunt lol, he is choosing that impossible option and the only reason is bcuz he likes emma and likes to see her smile. :D

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Jan 17, 2019 11:44 AM

Jan 2015
Was Sister Krone introduced so early in the manga? I don’t remember her appearing right away
Jan 17, 2019 11:48 AM
Nov 2015
haoody said:
The_Cube5671 said:

He didn't theorise it in this episode?
he kinda does a little?? But it isn't as obvious as it is with the manga. It's a pretty important thing so I figure it'll get covered later.
Jan 17, 2019 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
Yeah I also felt they skipped stuff but overall it was a nice episode. Emma and Norman are preparing for their escape with Ray joining as well. Emma wants to take all the kids but Ray disagrees since their chances to escape will be far less with more kids especially including the youngest ones. Sister Krone made her debut as well.
Jan 17, 2019 11:51 AM

Aug 2016
Well, I thought that episode 2 would have had as the cliffhanger the introduction of sister Krone, and there it was. Really fast pacing, a bit disappointed about a couple of things that were left out, but the essential things are there.

The corridor scene was fantastic, as the scene just after at the end of the stairs. This episode reminded me why Norman is the best.

Good episode overall, I'm convinced Cloverworks will make the emotional and suspenseful moments justice (even improving them), but this will be at the expense of some of the thinking, unfortunately.
Jan 17, 2019 11:53 AM
Jul 2015
I hope Krone be as scary as the manga version.
Jan 17, 2019 11:54 AM

Sep 2015
"I'm not gonna give up of trying to make you give up of trying to make me give up!"

Tha's why I love Emma too! The real heart of a classic shounen protagonist!
Jan 17, 2019 11:55 AM

Jan 2016
it was so intense for me in the hallway and when mama saw that Ray wasn't sitting next to the tree. So another enemy, huh?
Jan 17, 2019 11:56 AM

Mar 2018
Where exactly does this ep ends in the manga? I want to read along while the eps air
Jan 17, 2019 11:58 AM
Mar 2015
KingLeonard23 said:
Where exactly does this ep ends in the manga? I want to read along while the eps air

Around Chapter 4-5
Jan 17, 2019 11:59 AM

Mar 2016
Oof... What an episode. That Norman x Ray talk was the most intense talking I've watched in recent times. This is being a masterful adaptation. My only negative point is that I remember Isabella being more scary in the manga.
Jan 17, 2019 12:03 PM
Sep 2018
Well,seems that Mama is already suspicious of both,but don't know about the third one.So,the brain is the tastier part of a human body and the smartest people have more quality.The psychological thriller fits perfectly in this episode.Looking forward to see more of this show.
Jan 17, 2019 12:11 PM

Apr 2017
uninstallthegame said:

also, don't see why Ray is most favorite out of the 3 so far. guess he'll display some good abilities later on?

He does get a lot more important later on. But Norman is still a better character imo. Kinda suck seeing him second lol.

Jan 17, 2019 12:13 PM

Oct 2016
AyumiVk said:
If i am not wrong they skipped all of chapter 5, only showing the end of it (Krone showing up). They can move it for the next episode but they might not.

As a fellow Killua fan, what do you think about Ray's VA so far? is it fitting of his character? Someone say it was garbage and that totally triggered me
Jan 17, 2019 12:17 PM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
badger2k said:
But Emma is a girl?

My bad, fixed it lol.

Holy shit, Stark700....you fell for the trap, too? xDD
Jan 17, 2019 12:20 PM

Jun 2016
Shiningu said:
AyumiVk said:
If i am not wrong they skipped all of chapter 5, only showing the end of it (Krone showing up). They can move it for the next episode but they might not.

As a fellow Killua fan, what do you think about Ray's VA so far? is it fitting of his character? Someone say it was garbage and that totally triggered me

I dont think it fits his character. I like Mariya Ise's voice a lot but when reading the manga i somehow always imagined ray's voice to be a little deeper and different in tone from the one he has now.
I would have seen Mariya's voice fitting Norman better, but it wouldnt be a perfect choice either. Her performance as Ray has been pretty good though.
Jan 17, 2019 12:22 PM

Mar 2016
Liked this episode! I can't wait to see what sister krone is like...I am very temped to read the manga.

Jan 17, 2019 12:24 PM

Dec 2013
AyumiVk said:
Shiningu said:

I dont think it fits his character. I like Mariya Ise's voice a lot but when reading the manga i somehow always imagined ray's voice to be a little deeper and different in tone from the one he has now.
I would have seen Mariya's voice fitting Norman better, but it wouldnt be a perfect choice either. Her performance as Ray has been pretty good though.

I agree about Killua's voice not fitting Ray at all and that his voice should've been much deeper.
Jan 17, 2019 12:26 PM

Nov 2016
@Kudahl, I think the fact that it's published in Shounen Jump and the volume sales are already saying a lot regarding it's popularity.

AyumiVk said:
haoody said:
I really liked this episode, but Krone's introduction really was a bit rushed. Like the first one, the ost that played near the end was 10/10.

What scenes did they skip? I only remember the ones they had to clean the house, but I don't care about them, neither think that they are really important to be in the episode. The lack of bgm, for me, is perfect, i loved that. This really makes the suspense more interesting

Yep, they did.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 2019 12:28 PM

Jun 2017
Really good episode, set-ups, intrigue, mystery, questions, strategy(recurring theme from episode 1) and nice character moments and development
-I really enjoy Emma and Norman, They play off of each other really well and i can't help but to root for them
-Really good production quality again, especially in the sound department

For everyone that says it's rushed i want to say these 2 things
1.An adaptation should never follow the original material blindly without changing anything, it's against the concept itself of "adapting" something, if i know there are no differences then the adaptation loses its purpose
2.As a non-manga reader, the episode felt well paced, it didn't go fast, it didn't let go early of Conny's death, it took time to show Mama being a total creep with some subtle details(Like when she checked Emma's pulse) and it took time to theorize(Not explain) why things are happening, successfully avoiding pointless exposition which would have hurt the flow of the episode

AwesomeAlfie27 continues to like this show
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Jan 17, 2019 12:32 PM
Aug 2018
@FMmatron, that is true. I just hope it becomes a long running series like MHA
Jan 17, 2019 12:33 PM

Oct 2014
If Ray could tell there was something wrong with their behavior, shouldn't Mom have sensed it too? I mean she kinda has, but you'd think she'd keep a closer eye on them. Although, being children and all, she might just be underestimating them...

I'm curious to see what's up with the new caretaker. She's definitely even creepier than Mom :')
Jan 17, 2019 12:40 PM

Apr 2015
Ah yes...I enter the thread and I'm embraced by the a ton of fearmongering by manga readers, like clockwork.

Sometimes I really question if people even know themselves what an adaptation entails.
Jan 17, 2019 12:45 PM

Nov 2016
Kudahl said:

I actually hope that they won't adapt past this arc or better said, that that they won't announce another season. The sad truth is that the later arcs are just not as good and I would rather prefer an anime original end on a high note.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 2019 12:48 PM
Aug 2018
FMmatron said:
Kudahl said:

I actually hope that they won't adapt past this arc or better said, that that they won't announce another season. The sad truth is that the later arcs are just not as good and I would rather prefer an anime original end on a high note.

That may be true, I haven't read that far into the manga. Nontheless this adaptation looks like it's going to be good at least.
Jan 17, 2019 12:51 PM
Feb 2016
How they could fuck up one of the best parts of the manga so much? Where is a whole bunch of things they had to do before Mom invited Krone?! Where is suspense? Where are true mind games?! How this shitty studio could just throw out so many things in barely two episodes? They've done the same thing with Karakuri Circus, and if this continues we are going to have another Toriko level of crappy adaptation. And it can kill series...

Those who loved this episode without knowing the original. Really, just go and read the manga. Those shitheads can't make a good adaptation, miss tons of clues which are probably the most interesting thing in the whole story. They rush it. Instead of dinner from 4* restaurant, you get fast-food.
SharriJan 17, 2019 12:54 PM
Jan 17, 2019 12:53 PM

Aug 2016
FMmatron said:
Kudahl said:

They are still good though, a lot of people love the manga overall, and it sold more than 4 million copies in 2018, so they are going to do it (to my pleasure at least), unless they make this adaptation fail, but I think they are doing a good job so far.
Jan 17, 2019 12:55 PM
Mar 2017
Poor Emma, ​​with the dead of Connie and find out about her cruel destiny has left her very traumatized, thank you that Norman is by her side and help her to stay calm and pretend that they do not know anything. Emma's dream is very well done and the subjective camera from the pendulum of the clock was a cruel but well executed detail.
Mother Isabella is trying to find out who were the ones who went to the door, the part when she show the clock was very cruel from her, she made it clear that she will always know where they are.
The scene of when they decide to tell Ray I loved it, the music gave a lot of tension to the conversation between Norman and Ray, in the end they decide that they should look for a way to flee and Ray decides to join, but he still does not agree that all of them flee .
The appearance of Sister Krone was a surprise, I expected her arrival at least in episode 4 or 5, but it seems that they will remove some parts of the manga, although it is a pity, but if this helps in something we will have to wait for as this anime progresses.
Now that Mother Isabella has the help of Sister Krone, things will get very tense and the suspense will be incredible.
Jan 17, 2019 1:03 PM

Dec 2017
Loved it. That's such a great anime with a huge potential. The last week waiting for this episode felt like a decade and the episode itself like only 5min. And the waiting starts anew...

Up to now this show has the potential to be a 10/10 for me. Depending on how the story turns out (didn't read the manga).
Jan 17, 2019 1:04 PM

Jan 2016
Something about the show had me on edge the entire time. I'm not going to say it was scary necessarily, but it was definitely unnerving and quite often had me anxious, and the fact that the characters expressions were vivid enough to convey their terror as well helped with that.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jan 17, 2019 1:06 PM
Apr 2015
Sharri said:
How they could fuck up one of the best parts of the manga so much? Where is a whole bunch of things they had to do before Mom invited Krone?! Where is suspense? Where are true mind games?! How this shitty studio could just throw out so many things in barely two episodes? They've done the same thing with Karakuri Circus, and if this continues we are going to have another Toriko level of crappy adaptation. And it can kill series...

Those who loved this episode without knowing the original. Really, just go and read the manga. Those shitheads can't make a good adaptation, miss tons of clues which are probably the most interesting thing in the whole story. They rush it. Instead of dinner from 4* restaurant, you get fast-food.

Anime is not over yet
How could say bad adaptation ?
Jan 17, 2019 1:15 PM

Nov 2016
Gorsch said:
FMmatron said:

They are still good though, a lot of people love the manga overall, and it sold more than 4 million copies in 2018, so they are going to do it (to my pleasure at least), unless they make this adaptation fail, but I think they are doing a good job so far.

Sure, but if this arc is a strong 9-9,5 then the later arcs range between 5-7.

And granted, I'm hoping in vain.

Love the adaptation so far btw, it doesn't have to adapt the manga panel by panel to be awesome.

Jan 17, 2019 1:16 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Quite the nightmare that Emma had there. Norman sure is the image of calmness though. Beneath her smiling face is a chilling statement huh. Emma once again surprises me by showing how adaptable she is to sudden threats. The serious discussion between the three friends sure was interesting. Looks like things just got more complicated for their escape. Guess sometimes love would be more important than logic. Curious to see how the three would react to this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2019 1:16 PM

May 2016
After this I just can't wait I will start reading the damn thing 7 days of hell is too much for one episode.
Jan 17, 2019 1:23 PM
Mar 2014
They got rid of a couple scenes but the main points are there. Still, I'm a little sad how it doesn't mention that mama was checking Emma's pulse and how it was normal. It kind of added more depth to the situation. Oh and they included the lock picking this time lol..
Jan 17, 2019 1:25 PM

Mar 2009
This episode kept me at the edge of my seat! I really love how i'm so invested in the story already. Too bad it will only have 12 episodes T__T
Jan 17, 2019 1:33 PM

Dec 2009
Whayle said:
AyumiVk said:

I agree about Killua's voice not fitting Ray at all and that his voice should've been much deeper.

I think you're forgetting the fact that he's 12. Why would a 12 year old boy have a deep voice?
Jan 17, 2019 1:35 PM

Aug 2016
Namiszon said:
This episode kept me at the edge of my seat! I really love how i'm so invested in the story already. Too bad it will only have 12 episodes T__T

Yeah one of my favourite things about this show, is how fast the characters grow on you!
Jan 17, 2019 1:37 PM

Nov 2014
Im surprised they changed it, but its not bad. The only problem i have with this eps is they didn't play out emma's inner thoughts when mama confronted her. If they did we'd see how truly terrified she was at the time like she was about to have a panic attack
Jan 17, 2019 1:42 PM

Feb 2014
Emma's nightmare sequence at the start was really disturbing. Poor girl. D=

After what Emma and Norman witnessed in the last episode, their main goal is to think of a way to escape the confines of the house and being able to convince all of the other kids to escape with them. Going by Ray's explanation, the human society outside of the the house's grounds doesn't exist anymore and is mainly dominated by the demons.

Despite his warnings, it doesn't stop Emma and Norman from wanting to make their plan work and they also got Ray's approval in the end as well.

However, Mama seems to be catching on to those two. Hence why she's brought along Krone to help her out with the others kids and also to tighten her security as well. Whichever way you look at it, Emma, Norman and Ray's plan will be even more difficult to pull off now.

Great episode overall and the visuals and animation are still very good and consistent so far. Good job, Cloverworks. =)
Jan 17, 2019 1:44 PM

Aug 2013
3 chapters in 1 episode is hardly a crime

Did manga readers want filler of Norman fixing the clock?
Jan 17, 2019 1:47 PM

Apr 2015
Really liking this so far, I really can't wait for the shit to go down!
Jan 17, 2019 2:12 PM

Jul 2015
well the atmosphere just pulls you in not your typical shounen
and that what i like

Well...
Jan 17, 2019 2:13 PM

Oct 2013
Well this was boring. Nothing happened.
Jan 17, 2019 2:15 PM

Jul 2016
They adapt it great with some scenes cut, but I hope they integrate it next episode. The OST is great and the way the episode flow is fantastic. Dat cliffhanger of sister Krone tho, I think its difficult for the trio to escape bcuz of additional adult.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by CryzzYT »»
May 7, 6:56 AM

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.