Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, urban legends. I love a little bit of mystery in this show.

Got to see a bit of fighting game action this episode and it was dope. Really entertaining action with great charisma this episode.

Jan 14, 2019 8:39 AM

Nov 2015

The ED shows mob holding a flower.
Full adaptation confirmed???
Old_School_AkiraJan 14, 2019 8:54 AM
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jan 14, 2019 8:44 AM

Nov 2014
are you lads watching raw bc i can't seem to find it anywhere tbh
taiblesJan 14, 2019 8:48 AM
Jan 14, 2019 8:55 AM

Nov 2015
taibles said:
are you lads watching raw bc i can't seem to find it anywhere tbh

Crunchyroll. It’s there now
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jan 14, 2019 9:07 AM

Dec 2017
ah, the dragger girl. somehow her character felt creepier in the manga, but this episode had some great frightening ost to complete the scene. and as always awesome sakuga, as expected from Bones

UPD: originally she wasn't the Dragger, it was Kuchisake-onna and she was much creepier with her "Am I pretty?" shit. don't know why they changed it
just look at this nightmare fuel ONE has created
uninstallthegameJan 14, 2019 9:17 AM
Jan 14, 2019 9:10 AM
Apr 2018
another good episode of a good ass show. I'm excited
Jan 14, 2019 9:12 AM
Sep 2018
a good episode. We were introduced to a new character who may appear more in the series, for having powers and also for being in the end. We had a more enduring action scene, that's fine. The comedy of the episode was good, I laughed a lot. In short, it was a good episode, I'm just afraid the anime will, for a while, solve some minor supernatural problems and not follow a story.
Jan 14, 2019 9:12 AM

Nov 2014
Old_School_Akira said:

The ED shows mob holding a flower.
Full adaptation confirmed???

That's what I was thinking too...

Are we actually getting 24 episodes?

“The dreams and ideals we believe in, seem they might just fall apart if we take our eyes off them.”
Jan 14, 2019 9:15 AM

Jan 2009
the action is superb so much sakuga lol

Dimple fights great too possessing that fat mans body
Jan 14, 2019 9:30 AM

Sep 2014
That exposed butt of that creep cracked me up every time it was onscreen and that Street Fighter like match was totally random but hysterical. Good to see Ekubo in action too this week. Poor Mob, Dash Granny surpassed him in speed lmao Enjoyed this episode quite a lot.
Jan 14, 2019 9:53 AM

Dec 2016
God, I am so fucking happy this show is back man!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 14, 2019 9:58 AM

Nov 2016
I enjoy this even more than season one.
FMmatronJan 15, 2019 4:39 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 14, 2019 9:59 AM

Oct 2016
ONE really, REALLY loves his naked asses. Saitama, Puri Puri, Teru, now this hentai weirdo. Can't complain though
Jan 14, 2019 10:04 AM

Dec 2014
So people seem to say that it is getting a full adaptation (likely) because of something in the ED (which is kinda shitty to exactly mention why cause it would spoil anime onlies) and the same people say that it would make sense if it was 24 Episodes, it's just hard to believe that they can keep up even close to this quality of animation going 24 episodes, that would just be insanity.
Jan 14, 2019 10:28 AM

Jul 2014
New ED premiered. Fan of the lovely art selection in the ED.

Another fun episode. The first half was light and subtle with the jokes and all. The new exorcist was really likable! Hope that he appears in future episodes as well.
The pervert got his ass handed out to the police, kudos to the exorcist and Dimple who stalled the Dragger till Mob and squad came and Mob annihilated it away. The ending was way too funny, knew that it was just a simple granny doing a workout, but that must have had an effect on Mob regardless xD
Jan 14, 2019 10:56 AM

Jan 2018
A flasher a granny and something weird I like One's style
Jan 14, 2019 10:56 AM

Dec 2014
Wll that was something...exploring urban legends together
Jan 14, 2019 11:01 AM

Apr 2017
these urban legends cracked me up, especially dash granny lmao. "it's just some old lady running" LMFAO
Jan 14, 2019 11:21 AM

Jun 2017
-The Old Lady made me laugh a lot
-Was that a freaking Street Fighter reference
-I could watch Reigen and Mob do things for days
-That animation looked good, and in a fight with our favorite green abomination
-YOUR LIFE IS YOUR OWN

I can't wait to see what Tsubomi will do
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Jan 14, 2019 11:37 AM

Nov 2017
Nice episode, that ending got me really emotional for some reason. And boy am I hoping for a 24 episodes season, that would be really great although it probably won't happen

Jan 14, 2019 11:38 AM

Jan 2018
Entertaining episode, and the ED although not as good as last season visually, was still really good.

Episode felt slightly off however, not sure if its just me.
Jan 14, 2019 11:40 AM

Jun 2014
I liked the urban legends in this episode, and the action against the Dragger was great to watch. Lol at that Dash Granny part.

This new psychic seems like a pretty likable dude, and his Street Fighter-like encounter with the pervert was hilarious.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 14, 2019 11:53 AM

Feb 2018
Great episode, but I preferred the manga design of the urban legend.
Jan 14, 2019 11:55 AM

Mar 2018
Another good episode. lol for some reason the "dash granny" was creepier than the dragger.
Jan 14, 2019 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
I think it was even better than the first episode and that's saying something. <3
Jan 14, 2019 12:08 PM

Jan 2016
Looks like the ball psychic is going to be useful later, from the ED.

So far this season is very reminiscent of the first season - where the first few episodes are more so for character introduction than plot. And I'm liking it.
Jan 14, 2019 12:09 PM

Sep 2018
Damn this show just puts 24min smile on my face :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Jan 14, 2019 12:14 PM

Aug 2008
lol, that butt showing a lot :))
but a granny running only made me smile
The spider is watching
Jan 14, 2019 12:28 PM

Jul 2015
i like that horrorish setting

Well...
Jan 14, 2019 1:08 PM
Nov 2018
Excellent episode!, that 2d fighting game setting was hilarious and awesome, Mob certainly is strong and doesn't fear that utban legend because he only fears the runnink kick-ass.
Jan 14, 2019 1:13 PM

Jul 2013
Episode 2 and we already have top tier sakuga action. Cannot imagine how awesome the climax of the series will be. The naked ass, however... Better no comment on that one. I also liked that Shinra ended beign a nice guy after all, and not a bastard, like his introduction suggested.

The running old lady at the end was hilarious. Poor Mob though, outrunned by a granny despite his efforts, that surely was a big hit to his self steem.
Jan 14, 2019 1:32 PM

Jul 2016
Decent episode. Its funny but nothing happen. I hope the episode pick up next. Looking forward to it. By the way nice ED song.

Jan 14, 2019 2:33 PM

Jun 2017
Seems like a filler episode. The percentage meter didn't even go up any.
Jan 14, 2019 2:38 PM

Apr 2015
This OP is definitely growing on me! Overall nice episode, Reigen is and will always be funny, I love that guy XD
Jan 14, 2019 2:50 PM

Dec 2012
God Bless studio Bones. 10/10. They are just too good. Only show in years i rewatch OP and ED several times and not just skip. JC staff are fuc*ed to follow this up with S2 of One punch.
Jan 14, 2019 2:58 PM

Aug 2015
the narrator saying that the granny was mob's first traumatic experience with urban legends made me laugh so hard! another weirdly funny episode, as usual.
Jan 14, 2019 3:05 PM

Jan 2017
A bit different from the manga, but I can't complain, it was pretty great.
Since when the first episode aired and now I read the whole manga, and I must say that if the adaptation keeps being this good, this is going to get better and better with each episode.

To those who think that the flower in the ED means that we're going to get a full adapatation, must I remind you the broccoli was in the first OP? I would love if we got 24 episodes, but there's no way to be sure.

Speaking of the ED, even if it wasn't as great as the first one, it was one of the cutest things I've seen in a while.

Snot-nosed_Brat said:
Seems like a filler episode. The percentage meter didn't even go up any.

No percentage, but actually a couple things from this episode will be important later.
*laughs in Dimple*
Jan 14, 2019 3:15 PM
Dec 2018
This episode was like Mob's Bizarre Adventure and i loved it. I was expecting mob's stress meter to burst up after the shock of beaten by granny. shame it didn't happen lol
Jan 14, 2019 3:39 PM
Jan 2019
Loving Season 2 already and I was expecting the fact that there are going to be filler episodes where MOB is going to be Ghost Hunting just like the old days before he encounters more Psychic Individuals or Organizations. So here are my 10 thoughts:

1. Is her current girlfriend going to be involved significantly? Plus I feel like her crush has a important role!

2. I am very curious about Reigen character development since he has awoken some of his latent powers.

3. I love how dimple is all bad guy turned good but I feel like there is an ultorior motive.

4. I really wanna see the final boss of season 2 a blend between a psychic and a ghost.

5. Are the old psychic enemies going to become neutral or even allies? The OP song gives clues.

6. Meh. The fact that Social media and Imagination created the Ghost? IMO could have had a better backstory. Like she was cursed and wanted to rise in heaven. But artificially created? Dunno

7. I love how MOB is overall shy and introverted but has some pride (RUNNING).

8. Reigen is probably the only person who MOB deeply loves like a big brother figure, the fact he is annoyed by Reigen's antics and expresses his dislikes for being called in Last Minute, kinda cocky which he never expresses around other people.

9. I was a expecting a little more in the fight between the Urban Legend Ghost. The fight on the S2E1 was way better plus MOB learned something new about his power. This episode was truly filler.

10. A good filler episode would be cool if Reigen needs to handle a case by himself because MOB is sick or something. Reigen does have latent powers and combined with Dimple he could handle it.

Lemme know what you guys think :D
Jan 14, 2019 4:07 PM
Apr 2016
hahahaha both ladies were terrifying... Awesome episode, the visuals are amazing!
Jan 14, 2019 4:08 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Loved the whole urban legend thing, I was laughing when Reigen found a fellow conmrade. xD
The fight against the Dragger was fantastic, Bones delivering beyond all expectations as usual.

The Dash Granny part at the end was pure gold, ah poor Mob. XD
Jan 14, 2019 4:23 PM

Oct 2015
Mob is so pure and innocent, Dash Granny scared him the wrong way.
Jan 14, 2019 4:35 PM
Mar 2017
Urban legends are the new target of Reigen and Mob
I was shocked that Mob did not know about this kind of thing, knowing that these are very common topics among children.
Today we met another psychic, called Banshomaru, because of his appearance I thought he was a scammer like Reigen, but it turns out that he knew how to exorcise spirits.
The part where Banshomaru finds the man in the red hood made me laugh a lot, in the end the hooded was a perverted exhibitionist and the part of the Street Figther fight was a great detail that made me laugh a lot.
I like to see the responsible side of Reigen when they find the dog with a human face, which turned out to be a dog painted by bad children, Reigen hits them as punishment and also cleans the poor dog, at least we know he has a good side.
The fight against the Dragger was very good, although personally the part that I liked the most was when Dimple possesses Banshomaru and saves him from the Dragger.
I realized that the Dragger was inspired by the legend of Kuchisake-onna, an incredible detail knowing that Japanese urban legends are very terrifying.
In the end, Mob manages to impose his power against the Dragger and eliminates it.
The part of Dash Granny surpassed me, it was very funny and poor Mob ended up with his pride broken since a grandmother was faster than him
The animation of this episode had an excellent quality, the atmosphere of horror and suspense was incredible, example of that was the forest where the Dragger was, for a moment I thought the trees would move or attack the perverted and the OST was in line with the situation.
I hope that this season of Mob continues with this quality, BONES has achieved a excellent animation.
Today there was ending and I loved the design of the visuals, especially seeing Mob with the sunflower in his hand.
salbery755Jan 14, 2019 4:42 PM
Jan 14, 2019 4:46 PM
Jan 2017
This episode of urban legends was hilarious!!
Jan 14, 2019 4:54 PM

Apr 2016
it looks like they aren't messing around with this season either, this had some of the best animation I've seen in my life!!
I seem to remember they were after the Kuchisake Onna in the manga version instead of The Dragger, maybe there was some copyright issues
the horror based scenes looked awesome, and the fighting game part was hilarious
this was definitely one of my favorite Mob Psycho episodes so far!
Jan 14, 2019 5:21 PM

Jul 2017
Animation was fantastic but otherwise, this was pretty boring. Felt like it dragged a lot for me.
Jan 14, 2019 5:27 PM

Apr 2017
animejas said:
Animation was fantastic but otherwise, this was pretty boring. Felt like it dragged a lot for me.

Yeah, that's my impression of the season so far. It's really nice looking and entertaining enough, but not really hitting the spots season 1 did for me yet.
Jan 14, 2019 5:28 PM

Sep 2018
i adore mob psycho. theres so much I love about this series and this episode is great along with everythin else. i love the animation and characters so much. this adaptation so far is goin strong. contrary to a lot of people in this thread i wasn’t really bored with this at all, but maybe im easily entertained.

also i’m glad to know reigen’s the type of man to have a flip phone in fuckin 2019. classy.
Jan 14, 2019 5:36 PM

Jan 2016
Ah, urban legends... I like it.
Jan 14, 2019 5:37 PM

May 2015
The Dragger vs Dimple fight was so good!!! Even knowing what will happen in the end, it had my heart beating from the sheer intensiveness of it all. I also loved the sound direction they had going on. I wish they adapted the evil spirit that was in the manga since it was even scarier but, I guess there was something about not being able to adapt it.

The evil spirits in the beginning of the anime did not feel all that threatening because at the time they were more to showcase how powerful Mob was.

However...starting from the beginning of S2, we make a return back to exorcisms but this time, the evil spirits feel significantly more threatening, unsettling, dangerous...this is supported by how their designs are now more detailed and more interesting.

We get worldbuilding info about the the spiritual part of the psychic world rather than about the evil organization Claw. After all, Shinra Banshoumaru is the first legitimate psychic we see other than Mob who specializes in exorcisms.

Seeing how Studio Bones didn't skimp on and even increased the horror, the intensity, and the unsettling elements of the Urban Legends episode, a supposedly "low key" episode in the grand scheme of things makes me incredibly excited for what's to come. Episode 3 preview has some interesting dialogue...Mondays can't come fast enough!

A very interesting thing you should all know is that Shinra actually makes an appearance way way back in beginning of S1 during the introduction of the psychic world (this introduction is repeated in the beginning of S2 too) before we even see Reigen for the very first time.

Shinra as stated by the people in the S2 premiere will appear again.
MysticTravelerJan 14, 2019 5:57 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Apr 1, 2019

406 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2019

175 by RGreatDanton »»
May 7, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

252 by RGreatDanton »»
May 7, 12:45 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

192 by RGreatDanton »»
May 7, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2019

218 by RGreatDanton »»
May 7, 8:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.