Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2019 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was cool. We got more of Dororo's adventures as the kid encounters a woman and her village.

Another monster also revealed in the episode too and its a nasty one. Hyakkimaru jumped into the fight as usual and managed to obliterate that monster. I'm quite impressed. Not too surprised by the outcome or revelation that the woman was masquerading as a demon. I did like how the character managed to adapt human behavior while in that form. That cliffhanger D:
Stark700Jan 14, 2019 6:28 AM
Jan 14, 2019 5:43 AM
Mar 2018
I assume you watched the raw right?
Jan 14, 2019 6:43 AM

May 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was cool. We got more of Dororo's adventures as the kid encounters a woman and her village.

Another monster also revealed in the episode too and its a nasty one. Hyakkimaru jumped into the fight as usual and managed to obliterate that monster. I'm quite impressed. Not too surprised by the outcome or revelation that the woman was masquerading as a demon. I did like how the character managed to adapt human behavior while in that form. That cliffhanger D:

you're always so fast, do you live in japan?

His name is Hyakkimaru! So we got more information on how Hyakkimaru was able to survive this long.

Blind people see what people with sight can not see. And that is the insight of a lifeform. The color of the soul indicates if someone is hostile or not.
He also has superhuman senses and strength. That clarifies how he's able to dodge things without hearing or seeing anything.

Im continuing to love the art of this anime. The character designs and the backgrounds are so good. The episode gave us a a lot of information about Hyakkimaru that's good. The fight in this episode was okay, nothing spectacular.
shayed__Jan 14, 2019 8:50 AM
Jan 14, 2019 6:52 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Loving the action sequences, so good. xD
Nice to see the old man again, it looks like he didn't actually take care of Hyakkimaru from what he says this episode. I wonder how Hyakkimaru survived then.

What the village people did was quite despicable.

So what did Hyakkimaru gain at the end? They showed a skeleton but there's no way he didn't already have bones right?
Jan 14, 2019 7:10 AM

Mar 2014
Lelouch0202 said:

So what did Hyakkimaru gain at the end? They showed a skeleton but there's no way he didn't already have bones right?

He gain his nerve system most probably.
Jan 14, 2019 8:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I really like the old school feel of this (I know its a Tezuka manga). The storytelling type and characters are simple and unfussy, yet not shallow in a way most modern stories struggle to accomplish.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 14, 2019 8:09 AM

Apr 2016
Wait a second, is he feeling hunger ?

I thought he doesn't have a stomach.
Jan 14, 2019 8:43 AM

Sep 2017
Swagernator said:

Eating is kinda necessary for surviving
Jan 14, 2019 8:43 AM

Apr 2016
Skar_0 said:
Swagernator said:

Eating is kinda necessary for surviving

Yes, but I was sure he did not have a stomach.
Jan 14, 2019 8:44 AM

Nov 2016
Really nice episode again, I dig these kind of narratives.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 14, 2019 8:44 AM
Apr 2016
Swagernator said:

And he is not supposed to be seeing obstacles either, but hey, this series is a major suspension of disbelief.

Chuck92 said:
Lelouch0202 said:

It has to be something along the lines. Since he did not feel pain before, it means he will start feeling it now, and actually get weaker as a monster slayer will all the body parts coming back. Interesting.

If I can understand what I am talking about, in the ending Dororo's last word could be "Aoi", a "blue" colour?
By the way, is it time to update the character images?
Daniel_NaumovJan 14, 2019 8:47 AM
Re:formed
Jan 14, 2019 8:47 AM
Apr 2016
Really awesome episode. The demon lady was pretty terrifying, not gonna lie. So far this anime seems really great, excited for the next episode!
Jan 14, 2019 9:13 AM
Dec 2018
Chuck92 said:
Lelouch0202 said:

I think the same
I didn't understand when dororo was talking about his mom... Hyakkymaru felt dororo's pain?
Jan 14, 2019 9:14 AM

Aug 2018
This style of animation suits anime of this type very well.

I can't say more because I haven't seen the original series, but I like the plot and how it develops.
Jan 14, 2019 9:15 AM
Apr 2016
Anaastrona said:
Chuck92 said:

I think the same
I didn't understand when dororo was talking about his mom... Hyakkymaru felt dororo's pain?

He can see the "soul fire" of beings, and Dororo's fire was most likely fluctuating, so Hyakkymaru felt like trying to comfort Dororo.
Jan 14, 2019 9:19 AM

Mar 2016
Aaarrggghhhh!!! This is too good. I really wanna read the manga to know what happens next!

The art is beautiful. I especially love the painfully painted backgrounds.

I wasn't expecting to see Hyakkimaru in a fundoshi. lol. Does that happen in the manga as well, or did they just add it to show off Hyakki's body?

I knew the old man was the guy from the previous episode. He turned out to be a lot more awesome than I thought he'd be.

Since this is adapted from an extremely old story, I feel like the real problem hasn't even started yet.
Jan 14, 2019 9:29 AM

Oct 2018
Sorta spoilery, maybe I dunno:

BackstageMageJan 14, 2019 4:08 PM

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Jan 14, 2019 9:33 AM

Dec 2017
nice little "not always what you see it true" scene. so he sees the spirit of creatures, huh? kinda strange he can navigate through space without hearing with just spirit aura alone

and what was that last scene supposed to mean? guess the next episode will explain things
Jan 14, 2019 9:34 AM

Dec 2016
Is it just me, it's probably just me lol, or does this show kind of have the same feeling and tone of early Naruto?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 14, 2019 10:01 AM

Sep 2017
uninstallthegame said:

and what was that last scene supposed to mean? guess the next episode will explain things

My guess is that since Hiakkimaru's dad made a deal with the demons to guarantee the prosperity of his lands, as the demons die the protection they granted him weakens and more misfortune befalls him.

Also, Hiakkimaru gets back a part of him that was taken by the demons during his birth every time he kills one, like with the skin. Since they are a part of him maybe fragments of his soul also return to him in the process, and that's why the monk looks confused at the air while Hiakkimaru is in pain after recovering a part of him.
Jan 14, 2019 10:07 AM
Nov 2018
It just got more interesting. Now there are two blind guys but the monk can speak. As the story should be or it would bore the hell out of Dodoro or us. I thought he saved and raised Hyakkimaru. But it must be fate that they meet each other again xD
Whatever my anime hypes are back again (5/5)

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Jan 14, 2019 10:09 AM
Apr 2016
miguitronik said:
uninstallthegame said:

My guess is that since Hiakkimaru's dad made a deal with the demons to guarantee the prosperity of his lands, as the demons die the protection they granted him weakens and more misfortune befalls him.

This is quite a plausible idea. I am forgetting how complex some works are.
Jan 14, 2019 10:18 AM

May 2010
BackstageMage said:

Also, I'm pretty sure he got his
back

Ikr.
Why he's totally mute or just ignoring Dororo?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2019 10:20 AM

May 2010
miguitronik said:
uninstallthegame said:

Also, Hiakkimaru gets back a part of him that was taken by the demons during his birth every time he kills one, like with the skin. Since they are a part of him maybe fragments of his soul also return to him in the process, and that's why the monk looks confused at the air while Hiakkimaru is in pain after recovering a part of him.

Yes, you're correct. There's a few things that didn't being mentioned in this version. But still Hyakkimaru looks very cool and Dororo is very cute
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2019 10:21 AM

Oct 2018
hawa777 said:
BackstageMage said:

Also, I'm pretty sure he got his
back

Ikr.

Yeah, I realized that like a week ago/and I even read the manga/, I'm pretty bad at this girl and boy thing.

I still keep messing up her gender though, since when I first saw her she reminded me of Astro-boy and well...

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Jan 14, 2019 10:26 AM

May 2010
BackstageMage said:
hawa777 said:

Ikr.

Yeah, I realized that like a week ago/and I even read the manga/, I'm pretty bad at this girl and boy thing.

I still keep messing up her gender though, since when I first saw her she reminded me of Astro-boy and well...

At first I started with a mild 'eh?', then 2nd time 'holyshit!' and lastly, haaahhh??' well...because of the ed. I hope Mappa will change that. Just the ed.
Jan 14, 2019 10:31 AM

Jun 2014
Bandai being a demon wasn't really surprising, but it definitely didn't take anything away from the episode, as I still really liked it. It's interesting to see Hyakkimaru progressively regain more body parts/features as he defeats these monsters.
thebrentinator24Jan 14, 2019 10:35 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 14, 2019 10:32 AM
Sep 2015
Not sure if underlying romantic tension between Hyakkimaru and Dororo was presented in the manga, but I can feel it in this anime.
Jan 14, 2019 10:35 AM

Sep 2012
Underwhelming how Mappa butcherer the story and intrigue of the original arc of the manga. Too fast and battle scene wasn't as great as the first chapter.

Jan 14, 2019 10:52 AM

Jul 2017
phantomfandom said:
Not sure if underlying romantic tension between Hyakkimaru and Dororo was presented in the manga, but I can feel it in this anime.

Spoilers for the manga

Spoilers for the ending of the PS2 game
Jan 14, 2019 10:57 AM

Sep 2012
GreenEmu said:

is the PS2 an extension of the manga? I'm curious about it. I want to experience the whole Dororo story and the thing you say about the manga confuse me a bit....
Jan 14, 2019 11:00 AM

Jul 2014
Fantastic episode, much better than the first one. Love how the character building was in this... Dororo gets a bit more closer to Hyakkimaru. Thought that thing with a huge head and the bell was the monster. If they continue this in an episodic format but also the story running parallel, this will be one of the best shows this season. Excited!
Jan 14, 2019 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
zoipi said:
GreenEmu said:

is the PS2 an extension of the manga? I'm curious about it. I want to experience the whole Dororo story and the thing you say about the manga confuse me a bit....

The original manga, the old anime, the PS2 game, the live action movie and this new anime are all their own thing. None of them are tied to the other and they all handle events and characters differently. It just so happens that the PS2 game has in my opinion the most conclusive ending which is why I personally like it. We'll have to see what kind of ending this anime has though.

Jan 14, 2019 11:04 AM
Apr 2017
I dont get what was all about with that gold monster
Jan 14, 2019 11:06 AM
Apr 2016
rcozm said:
I dont get what was all about with that gold monster

It was not a monster but a spirit which started haunting the villagers (or the village chief) after they have lured a wandering monk and fed him to the Bandai demon.
Jan 14, 2019 11:12 AM

Mar 2017
I'm really loving this anime! The mystery surrounding Hyakkimaru has just completely drawn me in! I assume that every time he kills a demon from that temple he gains back something they took from him (e.g. his face last week). So maybe next week he'll be able to speak? I find it so sad that he still can't see, hear or speak.
Jan 14, 2019 11:13 AM
May 2014
Decent little filler narrative that developed the premise and characters adequately. I kind of which his ability to see spirits was explained somehow other than lazy narration (maybe having the old guy explain it later would've worked better).

The animation is fine in general, but is anyone else noticing inconsistent details? Also, the way they draw feet is really annoying
Jan 14, 2019 11:14 AM
May 2014
TheFreycook said:
Is it just me, it's probably just me lol, or does this show kind of have the same feeling and tone of early Naruto?

I see little to no connection here at all.
Jan 14, 2019 11:20 AM

Jan 2018
Oh, I'm gonna love this anime, I can tell!

MAPPA, you are catering to my every need lately - the fluff and softness of Yuri on Ice, the catharsis that was Banana Fish (#ashisalive) and now this epic story ?! Love love love !

Stil a bit confused about the regained body part/organ, though, some people are saying it's the nerve system, so I'm gonna go with that xD

BTW, is there a list of all 48 organs/body parts he's missing that's spoiler-free (in the sense that it doesn't spoil how and when he gets them back, just names them), cuz I haven't read the manga or seen the older version of the show?
Jan 14, 2019 11:21 AM

Dec 2014
wow they really breezed through the bandai arc in this one but at least dororo's cuteness and chatter made up for it
Jan 14, 2019 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
Another decent episode, but it's weird how Hyakkimaru didn't regain his skin instantly upon killing Bandai like what happened last week. Not much more to say than that, really, and I assume this will be the format for the show going forwards.
Jan 14, 2019 11:32 AM
Apr 2013
Still early but I might end up liking this duo even more than Nanashi and Kotarou (Sword of the Stranger). If we make it a trio I think I like the dog from SotS more than the old man, awesome as he is.
Jan 14, 2019 11:41 AM

Dec 2014
well nice we see hyakamaru slowly recovering and facing off demons
Jan 14, 2019 11:42 AM
Aug 2018
So what did Hyakkimaru gain at the end? They showed a skeleton but there's no way he didn't already have bones right?[/quote]

He gain his nerve system most probably.[/quote]

I think the same
I didn't understand when dororo was talking about his mom... Hyakkymaru felt dororo's pain?[/quote]

I think he knew Dororo was sad because her "soul" looked more grayish than before. It was lighter earlier.
Olinia3002Jan 14, 2019 12:02 PM
Jan 14, 2019 11:44 AM

Feb 2011
phantomfandom said:

That's all i gotta say...
Jan 14, 2019 11:48 AM

Jul 2017
Another great episode. Really like the animation this series hoping it persists throughout
Jan 14, 2019 11:54 AM

Jul 2017
Hatsuyuki said:
phantomfandom said:

Nothing wrong with what they said, stop overreacting.
Jan 14, 2019 11:56 AM

Jun 2017
That was a very big head

Very interesting bond between DoRoRo and Hyakkimaru

Very interesting setting and plot development

It's nice that not everything is told, but shown

AwesomeAlfie27 likes this
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Jan 14, 2019 11:57 AM

Jul 2015
dororo is so fking annoying
kill that stupid shit or i ll do it

Well...
Jan 14, 2019 12:06 PM

Feb 2011
GreenEmu said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Nothing wrong with what they said, stop overreacting.

Nothing wrong with what they said, huh ? No wonder this world needs a reset button. This anime most certainly doesn't promote a gay pedophilic relationship. Please, just stop.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2019

143 by Chlatra »»
Mar 20, 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.