Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2019 11:18 AM

Apr 2015
akihikosama said:
Lanz said:

Err...you know it's the title of the first volume right?

If I was asked to take a guess then I would guess that it is.

Yup, so not really a ploy to catch attention.
Jan 23, 2019 11:30 AM

Oct 2008
Lanz said:
akihikosama said:

If I was asked to take a guess then I would guess that it is.

I disagree. For the novels maybe you could build a weak case that it is not, but for the anime, well I already said for how long it was relevant.
Jan 23, 2019 11:50 AM

Apr 2015
akihikosama said:
Lanz said:

I disagree. For the novels maybe you could build a weak case that it is not, but for the anime, well I already said for how long it was relevant.

Well but it's usual practice for LN adaptations that don't have an overarching name to use the title of the first volume for the anime title. Quote Haruhi, quote Hyouka/Kotenbu, quote Boukyaku Tantei, quote Boogiepop, quote Ookami-san.
Jan 23, 2019 12:05 PM

Oct 2008
Lanz said:
akihikosama said:

Well but it's usual practice for LN adaptations that don't have an overarching name to use the title of the first volume for the anime title. Quote Haruhi, quote Hyouka/Kotenbu, quote Boukyaku Tantei, quote Boogiepop, quote Ookami-san.

Perhaps it is common to do so, but being common elsewhere does not make it not a ploy to catch attention in this case.
Jan 24, 2019 12:49 AM

Apr 2015
akihikosama said:
Lanz said:

Perhaps it is common to do so, but being common elsewhere does not make it not a ploy to catch attention in this case.

It does show that it is common practice. Chances are they didn't conciously make the anime title that to catch attention, but they just gave it the title of the first volume because that's what most LN adaptations in similar circumstances do.
Jan 24, 2019 1:33 AM

Oct 2008
Lanz said:
akihikosama said:

It does show that it is common practice. Chances are they didn't conciously make the anime title that to catch attention, but they just gave it the title of the first volume because that's what most LN adaptations in similar circumstances do.

Seeing how you phrased your second sentence I think we can agree that there is no way to prove it either way. If you choose to believe that it is all just unintentional coincidence, I can't really change your mind.

I'll chose to trust my experience instead. I have worked with marketing in the past and whenever they did something that made a product stand out it was not by accident, it was because that is what they do for a living. The bunny girl covert art which I have mentioned in my original post just further adds to it.
Jan 26, 2019 6:30 AM

Sep 2011
I'm glad everything worked out in the end. I'm sad that Kaede didn't get her memories back (at least not yet), but the scene where we were told of her feelings through the diary was really sad and touching.
I wasn't too happy that Shouko came back and it wasn't Mai who was with Sakuta in such a depressing time, but I guess it's going to be an important plot point in the movie, the reason why she only appears at times like this.
The scene between Mai and Sakuta was cute, although I wish we could have seen her introduction to Sakuta's dad (and reintroduction for Kaede). I feel like we could have used another episode here easily, but I know 13 episodes was all we could get.

All in all I loved the anime quite a lot, mainly thanks to its excellent cast of characters, especially Mai, Sakuta and Kaede. The only one I didn't care about as much as the others was Futaba, but even she was interesting (albeit I could have lived without her figuring out every syndrome in quantum mechanics).
The relationship between our couple felt so fresh, with such a great chemistry. I wish we could get more stories with love like theirs, instead of the usual drama and love triangles. The pacing seemed weird at first, but I quickly grew to love them and enjoyed every second if it.
The arcs themselves were all pretty good, with some stronger (Kaede and Mai's) while the others were just simply good.
Even without reading the LNs I'm sure many of the smaller pacing issues or "missing" scenes that would bridge the arcs were left out because of the adaptation, which is a shame. But nevertheless, I still enjoyed it the way it was.
I also liked the opening and the way the ending was sung by each girl, with the last episode being with all of them.

I read about people's thoughts and also felt the similarity to works like Haruhi and Monogatari, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it was copied. That's just dumb. I like to think of this as a mix of those two and Sakurasou (from the same author), with strong aspects similar to those but original enough to be its own great story.

I can't say the anime was perfect, but I can easily give it a 9/10. I'll be sure to watch the movie (although I don't seem to care about Shouko as much as the others), and perhaps even rewatch this season in the future to get my share of the adorable romance part of it.
Jan 27, 2019 7:51 AM

Oct 2013
Great to see that Kaede got her memories back but it is Both sad and happy at the same time, the 2 years they spent together making memories are just gone like that. In the end we don't know who the hell Shouko is, her true identity, and i feel the finale is a bit lacking. I guess the truth about Shouko will get exposed in the movie, can't wait to watch it.

Overall score 7/10
Jan 29, 2019 11:34 PM
Jun 2016
Anyone else get that Golden Time vibe from the Kaede arc? Her situation is just like Banri's except Banri hit his head and that's how he lost his memories.

Jan 30, 2019 7:58 AM

Mar 2012
Didn't really like this last ep...I think the focus should have been on Kaede's memory return thru the end rather than try to materialize a random lovers quarrel. The way the tv anime presents it, feels like Shoko was shoehorned into the story...either they couldn't figure a way to write Mai into the scene or something, but it definitely felt off compared to way the rest was written and was the weakest part of the plot to me.

Other than that, it was really enjoyable and one of the better stories this season.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 31, 2019 4:51 AM

Sep 2013
Could have done with a lot more Mai x Sakuta towards the end as she was easily the best character, but i still thoroughly enjoyed this show. I want to give it a 9 but the lack of Mai is bringing it down a bit i think.

Can't believe they didn't at least give us a kiss! Here's hoping the movie will rectify that.
Feb 4, 2019 4:46 AM

Dec 2014
I dont like to compare but i see alot of This>Toradora all over. This was a solid 7 for me, i enjoyed it ! I literally watch Toradora every now and then when I get sad lol.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Feb 4, 2019 9:30 PM
Jul 2012
Good series. Can't wait for the movie to come out.

The ending with Kaede reading the diary and wanting to go to school was uplifting. Especially with the line where she mentions she's not alone anymore. At the very least, it seems the feelings conveyed through the diary got through to her. And if anything, may have made her remember some of her memories or feelings from the 2 years of her amnesia. Hopefully that means the Kaede that we saw throughout the series isn't fully gone but instead is now part of old Kaede similar to how Futaba became one.

Hopefully, they expand on Shoko more in the movie, cause she leaves too many unanswered questions to leave the ending satisfying. But I'm with the theory that she is our MC's Puberty syndrome since she only seems to appear when he was in great distress and powerlessness like with both Kaede cases.

And Mai's interactions with the MC was great as always. I always love the dialogue and character interactions like them in animes.
Feb 8, 2019 7:01 AM

Sep 2010
Meh... after I finished the third episode and saw preview of the next one, I had the feeling that things were about to get worse... and sadly it was the case. It's not like following arcs were bad, but they were rather average in general. Kaede's one was great I guess, but even so... all remaining episodes felt like filler arcs to me. As for the main story... it didn't move much at all.

In the future when recommending this series, I would probably tell people to stop after the third episode... but over all, this series ends up being "just another series to watch and forget" which is a shame, because the first arc really shown a great potential. Worse yet, there was story to be told but that story was never expanded upon in the end and all we got were random filler arcs.
Feb 9, 2019 6:31 AM

Oct 2015
Holy crap that was the worst way to end the show possible. Last-second relationship problem caused by a misunderstanding, resolved almost immediately? Some sort of attempt to explore the idea of memory and identity but pushed aside completely to focus on the protagonist's own angst over it? I can only quote James Rolfe when I ask, what were they thinking?

When the amnesia thing was revealed, seriously the very first thing I wondered was, "are they gonna bring all her memories back suddenly as a plot twist?" But discarded it because it was just TOO trite. And the madmen did it anyway.

It's pretty sad when not only does Zombieland Saga do your exact same idea almost the same week your episode comes out, not only does that show do it better, but Zombieland Saga was doing it half as a joke in the first place!
Feb 10, 2019 7:08 AM

Mar 2016
Alright, this is the most broken state Sakuta had ever been in. He's really incredibly in pain, knowing that a part of his imouto is gone... Luckily, Shouko appears suddenly and tend to the depressed Sakuta. Including reading out Kaede's diary on what she has written over the past 2 years...

It hits me hard in the feels when Shouko said that Sakuta is the big brother who must bear the pain and accept this reality... I just can't hold back my tear on something like that...

Mai is basically just upset for not being the one to cheer Sakuta up during his most broken moment. But it's understandable of course, she is Sakuta's girlfriend after all!
I was really hoping that Sakuta X Mai will get leap stronger when they kiss, but the show pulled a 180 on the audience...
I want my anticipation back goddammit! (>_<)

So now, Kaede is starting to know (not remember) about what she had done during the past 2 years from reading her diary... I just hope that from that diary, the erased Kaede's traits and personality can occasionally be present on the original Kaede, even if only a little. I'm at least happy that Kaede wanted to go to school and meet up with her old friend.

As for Sakuta's and Mai's relationship, they get even more legit the moment Sakuta's father met her. Nice!

So far Shouko never got an arc. She might be an illusion fabricated by Sakuta when he's in an incredibly pained state, she may even be directly related to Sakuta's adolescent syndrome! Well, I'll know for sure once I watch the movie, in June...

"Nothing less from myself. Such a rascal." Somehow, that felt so memorable...

This show has been a feel trip for me, each individual character arc is so personal and interesting, especially when it's related to not just a personal problem, but problems relating to other people. I honestly would've fallen in love with the characters more if they spent more eps on each character but the show only got 13 eps long, so that can't be helped.
Still...Mai is a perfect girlfriend indeed...
Feb 10, 2019 3:34 PM

Jun 2013
After watching this I am confident enough to say that I should've taken the reviews more seriously then the ratings. The show has an interesting theme with supernatural phenomenon called the adolescence syndrome and it kind of reminds of Sakurada Reset while the main characters are somewhat similar to the ones from Oregairu. So I had high expectations. But I guess this show just failed to deliver maybe due to bad writing or poor adaptation? Anyways the show was seemingly intriguing but has little to no depth to it and I personally found the characterization weak.

Seishun Buta Yarou starts out interestingly enough for the first two arcs but never provides any real explanation as to why this adolescence syndrome occurs or how to stop it completely from affecting everyone's daily life instead we get bogus theories. And the following two or three arcs were just boring and tedious to watch. No offense but if the writer changes the wording from "Adolescence Syndrome" to "Immature Syndrome" then it would make more sense.

As for the characters I never really felt any connection or cared enough about their exxagerated issues. Maybe it's just me but the problems these characters had weren't traumatic or life threatening to trigger something as significant as the Adolescence Syndrome. In my opinion, even Kaede's story wasn't as much of a big deal every one were making it out to be. Now I don't know the extension of Kaede's bullying but seriously how silly it sounds when you see someone take hate messages so seriously that they have memory loss for 2 years while their oni-chan gets clawed in the chest by an imaginary bear but let's call it adolescence syndrome. Well at least the other arcs made some sense.

I liked the apathetic MC initially when he was somewhat cool with the whole going with the flow but then the writer decided to add a romantic angle right in beginning and then the MC became a masochist lovestruck idiot whom I came to despise. Then the writer decided to add few more problematic girls to tease us since Mai and Sakuta's relationship is complex. Realistically I don't even know how their relationship is even going to work out in a long run.
Feb 11, 2019 7:27 PM
Jun 2017
Absolutely amazing. The characters and dialogue were realistic, the humour was witty, and the plot was unique. I couldn’t have asked for anything more...other than a second season. 10/10
Feb 12, 2019 1:09 AM

Jul 2013
So what about Shoko-san? Is she really just Sakuta's imaginary friend? Cause it makes sense when she just pops out of the blue when Sakuta's in deep trouble. Anyway, this show is entertaining though can be boring at times and the drama kinda felt like forced sometimes. But my time spent was well worth it.

Feb 12, 2019 9:23 PM
Jul 2018
Overall great series. I think it needed a few more episodes to wrap things up though. Sadly the two main storylines in this last episode, kaede's and mai's, both had their conclusions crammed into a single episode, which didnt really allow them to get the time they deserved. In addition, Makinohara is still unexplained. I'll probs rewatch, and if it manages to be some sort of "we're not tellkng you everything about this plot, but we'll give you all the hints to figure it out yourself", I may end up giving it props for either easter egging or provoking interesting interpretations. Although, if it doesn't, it would sadly just be an unexplained storyline. I get the feeling there's definately an explanation behind it all though. Let's hope for a season 2 or ova or something
Feb 12, 2019 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
mapperky said:
Overall great series. I think it needed a few more episodes to wrap things up though. Sadly the two main storylines in this last episode, kaede's and mai's, both had their conclusions crammed into a single episode, which didnt really allow them to get the time they deserved. In addition, Makinohara is still unexplained. I'll probs rewatch, and if it manages to be some sort of "we're not tellkng you everything about this plot, but we'll give you all the hints to figure it out yourself", I may end up giving it props for either easter egging or provoking interesting interpretations. Although, if it doesn't, it would sadly just be an unexplained storyline. I get the feeling there's definately an explanation behind it all though. Let's hope for a season 2 or ova or something
Speaking of, does anyone have any theories or explanations on Makinohara and exactly what was going on with her?
Feb 12, 2019 9:39 PM

Aug 2018
mapperky said:
mapperky said:
Speaking of, does anyone have any theories or explanations on Makinohara and exactly what was going on with her?

There's a Bunny Girl Senpai movie coming out on June 15 that will cover Shoko's arc and hopefully give us all the closure we need.
Set SCE to AUX
Feb 13, 2019 5:42 AM
Jul 2018
Spannerhead said:
mapperky said:

There's a Bunny Girl Senpai movie coming out on June 15 that will cover Shoko's arc and hopefully give us all the closure we need.
Yeeeeeeeessss! Soo excited. Wonder if it'll show in U.S. theaters. This is one of the best animes I've seen in awhile so really hoping so!
Feb 15, 2019 3:27 AM

Apr 2012
hope the movie explains the mcs scars n Shouko
Feb 18, 2019 3:56 AM

Jun 2012
Honestly didn't care for this show. I'll just list off the things I liked - I did like the Nodoka arc. I can relate to it somewhat, feeling like I'll never measure up to expectations. And I liked Kaede before she got her memories back. She was cute and her slowly going back to a normal life was nice to watch. Also Mai and Sakuta's little relationship moments were cute, and was pretty much the only times that Sakuta was remotely relatable or likable. I guess some moments he had with Kaede too.

Everything else was boring or dumb, or both at the same time. I'll probably give it a 4.
EternalSerenityFeb 18, 2019 5:56 AM
Feb 22, 2019 6:31 PM

Apr 2016
Some arcs were very good, others were just alright. Overall, it is a good anime. I gave it a 7/10. I enjoyed every character aside from Sakuta. Not that I don't like Sakuta, but he just seemed eh to me. I think this was probably the best arc to end on as Kaedo's story is pretty interesting. All of the women's story were interesting, but Kaedo probably brought out the feels the most because she was such a wholesome character. I think it's really sad that we weren't able to say goodbye to Kaedo, but I do like that she got to accomplish everything she wanted to do before she left.

Overall, I do think this could have been better if it was two cour in order to add more depth and detail into the world and characters.
[
Feb 25, 2019 3:41 PM
Mar 2017
Tsarko said:
So Kaede-san is back and to be honest I think I prefer this original Kaede.
And goddammit, why can't you just give me a kiss!?

Sakuta's and Mai's interactions were the best parts and I also feel that the show lost some steam after start. All in all it was quite enjoyable show and I'm looking forward to the movie.

sorry for reviving a dead thread, but how can you prefer this Kaede over the other one?

I cried as much as Sakuta.
Imagine just spending your most important and recent parts of your life, in which you made so many memories with so many people and especially the most important person in your life. And day by day, you make more and more memories with that person, until one day, you make one of that person's days the best day of their life, and they suddenly forget everything like it never happened?
Think how it felt to Sakuta about all that, his little sister who was so attached to him, who loved him so much and who made so many memories with him, the BEST memories, and suddenly loses them.
And not only that, but he cries alot too, and Mai isn't there when he really needs her, and Shoko comes, just like the first time he really needed someone to be there. That's what made me cry for half an hour, it made me cry like a bitch and i'm not ashamed to say it.
This last episode would make anyone who liked the story and got into the story cry.
And even though it may be similar to monogatari, as in the sense there's a dude MC which is sarcastic, and solves girls' magical problems, it still had some unique stuff to it. Oh also the mc gets a girlfriend but atleast this one doesn't want to kill him everytime he talks to a girl...
Feb 26, 2019 6:09 AM

Feb 2017
Succesful_Name said:
Tsarko said:

Sakuta's and Mai's interactions were the best parts and I also feel that the show lost some steam after start. All in all it was quite enjoyable show and I'm looking forward to the movie.

sorry for reviving a dead thread, but how can you prefer this Kaede over the other one?

I cried as much as Sakuta.
Imagine just spending your most important and recent parts of your life, in which you made so many memories with so many people and especially the most important person in your life. And day by day, you make more and more memories with that person, until one day, you make one of that person's days the best day of their life, and they suddenly forget everything like it never happened?
Think how it felt to Sakuta about all that, his little sister who was so attached to him, who loved him so much and who made so many memories with him, the BEST memories, and suddenly loses them.
And not only that, but he cries alot too, and Mai isn't there when he really needs her, and Shoko comes, just like the first time he really needed someone to be there. That's what made me cry for half an hour, it made me cry like a bitch and i'm not ashamed to say it.
This last episode would make anyone who liked the story and got into the story cry.
And even though it may be similar to monogatari, as in the sense there's a dude MC which is sarcastic, and solves girls' magical problems, it still had some unique stuff to it. Oh also the mc gets a girlfriend but atleast this one doesn't want to kill him everytime he talks to a girl...

Sorry I won't be able to give you more detailed answer since I forgot most of the details from the show, but I'm generally not a fan of imouto type characters. Tough Kaede managed to be somewhat likeable to me. Regardless, I sympathized with Sakuta in this case, I understand his shock and how hard it is to him.
Mar 9, 2019 6:15 PM

Jul 2011
Nothing much to say. Gave it a chance because people kept comparing it to Monogatari, but overall it was a pretty forgettable show. At least people will stop recommending it to me now.
Mar 12, 2019 9:31 PM

Jun 2013
Just wow! That was an amazing show! I loved every second of it. The humour always got me, the writing was a pleasure to hear, the intertwining of philosophy was fun (philosophy major nerding), and overall it was a pure joy. I did feel the last episode left me a bit hungry for info on what the deal is whit Shoko, but Futaba's explanation actually left me feeling satisfied in the end, even if it may not be true. Well, looking forward to seeing the film. Anywhos, final rating: 10/10 - it was a gud time.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Mar 26, 2019 10:43 AM
Sep 2018
Best show I saw for a long time.

Will miss it
Mar 31, 2019 12:55 PM
Nov 2018
Although I watched it back in December, I'll drop a small opinion.
It is a fantastic show with great drama, genuine couple dynamics and interesting topics. I watched it after Oregairu and before Monogatari and Haruhi Suzumiya, but I can see great elements of all of these shows here (as for ratings, IMHO it is better than Haruhi and by a margin than Monogatari but not as good as Oregairu). Arcs are not on the same level; if the whole show was as good as first one, it may have gone into 10/10 territory. Second arc- still very good. Third- meh. Fourth- decent, but at the point I was thinking of giving it an 8. But then came Kaede's arc. Oh boy, was it amazing! I actually cried on the final episode and think that whole amnesia thing was done better (for me) than in entirety of Golden Time.
So yeah, 9/10 and #6-7 on my all time top list.
Last thoughts:
1. in comparison to the other work of the author, it is better than Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (don't kill me) as the show's atmosphere is more consistent and characters are better and more likeable.
2. To those complaining that 'they didn't explain everything'. Really? Every show has to hit us with exposition? You realise that Futaba's explanations are just her theories? Just like in Haruhi Suzumiya

And you really want another midichlorians?
QbeusMar 31, 2019 12:59 PM
Apr 6, 2019 9:49 AM
Dec 2017
OGAnime said:
No Sakuta and Mai kiss? 0/10

aahaahhah so same! everything was good except that!
Apr 6, 2019 9:50 AM
Dec 2017
Tsarko said:

totally agree with you!!!
Apr 6, 2019 9:53 AM
Dec 2017
great anime, it was better at the start but still good in the end.
though i would like to see sakuta and may kissing :(((((
looking forward to the movie!!!!
8/10
Apr 20, 2019 7:25 PM

Sep 2018
Fantastic+heartbreaking end.

Will miss the kawai sister
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Apr 24, 2019 11:50 AM
Oct 2018
Maybe I shouldn’t have watch this last episode and stop at the moment where Kaede was going to bed in the last episode for my mine own mental health sake but it’s to late for that...
I did appreciate this episode but he was just too emotional for me.. Kaede who lose two years of his memories, the time she was so close of his brother, I can understand that he is so sad about that.
I was hoping she could keep all his memories but I guess it would have been a bit complicated (with which hand would she use her chopsticks!) or something like two different Kaedes...( wouldn’t be the first time we see that it this show!)
Still I really look forward to what the film will give.
May 8, 2019 11:05 AM

Feb 2019
This post can easily become a series-wide review, but I think I should leave that for the actual review.

For the episode itself, it was pretty good. Gave it a 5 not because it doesn't have serious flaws though.

The Kaede thing doesn't feel resolved. It really felt like "Kaede-chan" suddenly died and was replaced by Kaede-san that didn't even get much screen time? The scene where Sakuta just breaks down crying, that whole thing, was really sad, powerful, and emotional though. I can't say I fully understand his logic of not being able to do enough, what I thought is simply that he lost the Kaede he's loved and cared for for the last 2 years. It was even sadder after reading Kaede-chan's diary, about how she knew that her time was coming to an end. Since they're the same person, I think they realise when their condition is improving. Kaede-chan basically knew that she was going to "die" soon and the old, real Kaede-san would return. What makes this even sadder though is the fact that Kaede-san doesn't remember everything Sakuta did for her for the last two years. All the pain, sadness, suffering he had to go through for that. That's why I feel disappointed with how this ended. I feel like there wasn't enough of a resolution. He sort of resolved it after the night that Shoko came, then it was Mai (not saying the Mai part was bad, it was real good). Then just a short scene near the end of Kaede thanking him and wanting to go to school. That's it?

I think they should've dedicated more than just 24 minutes for this last episode, maybe a 40 minute or even a one hour episode to give a proper send off to the series and end Kaede's arc properly? Though that short scene was sweet it was too short and still didn't give a finished feeling. This was really sad and a missed opportunity. Are they really going to show this in the movie? Cause that'd be weird. They should've ended it here at a high note and then focus the movie entirely on Shoko. But I think it's just going to focus on Shoko and leave this ending not as resolved as it should be as it is. And that's sad.

On a brighter note, Mai. It was really sad to see Mai finding that note from Shoko and running away. I didn't fully understand it at the time, but Mai was sad too that she wasn't there for Sakuta when he needed her most because of her career. Good thing it got resolved quickly and Sakuta went all the way to Kanazawa and made up with her. The final scene with Mai was cute. Just the two of them huddled together in the cold, alone, watching the city at night. At least give them a kiss though, for real! (not that that one was bad, but was REALLY rooting for a kiss). Glad to finally see Mai and Sakuta just having a calm, peaceful moment for themselves. One of the better representations of a romantic relationship in anime I say. It shows them having issues not just with fights because of the other making a mistake, but because of self-doubt and disappointment with oneself too.

And points to Ryoko-san the manager for being so supportive of Mai x Sakuta! Definitely the better option than Mai's mother as manager.

Now... Shoko. The moment Shoko suddenly appeared, I immediately thought "angel". She really felt like an angel. Her white dress, her calm, warm, and caring demeanor and her wisdom. The way she said that everything's alright now because she's here, so mysterious yet so warm. And the way she took care of Sakuta at his lowest, it felt really... motherly. Taking off his clothes, preparing the bath, preparing his clothes, and also reading that diary the moment he needed it most. I'm really excited to see the movie about Shoko, I think her development here was done well. She's very mysterious to keep us interested, adds to the plot, is obviously very meaningful to the main character, but definitely feels like the last piece of the puzzle, the last part Sakuta has to unravel.

So yeah, I enjoyed this episode and the series. But I wish it could've ended on a a higher note with a more resolved ending. I was really hoping because unexpectedly Kaede's arc became my favourite. But, sigh, one can't get everything I suppose. Sad that it ended still.
May 12, 2019 4:12 PM

Jan 2012
And so Kaede will have to continue her life of two years ago, with nothing but the notes of that time spent with her brother to help guide her. This show was....fine. Solidly enjoyable even I'd say, though I must admit when I saw that 8.50 score here I was expecting something close to a masterpiece and I didn't get that. Not even close really. Perhaps that's not fair as I shouldn't let what others think shape my views, but I'm only human.

For the most part this series just reminded me of Kanon if that had come out 10 - 15 years after it did. A dude spending time with/solving the supernatural issues of several girls. Not to say that's totally bad, I mean I liked Kanon. It's just I only liked that enough for a 7/10 and that's how I felt about this more or less. There were a few genuinely emotional moments, and although I thought placing it at the end of Kaede's arc was kinda weird I did love the snowy atmosphere of that last scene between Mai and Sakuta sharing the jacket. Plus the confession to the school to end Mai's arc during episode 3 was nice as was the little subversion of how easily it was accepted that she had a boyfriend to start episode 11. Unfortunately the middle three arcs, the Groundhogs Day one/Futaba/Nodoka all fell very flat for me, especially Nodoka's which I felt very tempted to skip once the body swap trope was revealed. Those opening and ending arcs were definitely the two I liked the most, but as I said I can only give this a 7. Ah well, wonder how the movie will go...
May 19, 2019 8:26 PM

Jun 2011
This episode destroyed me.. yeah Sakuta was overemotional but it's totally warranted, it's like your sister suddenly died, even though she's technically there.. in fact this whole series is very relatable to me in various ways.. When Kaede disappeared it really felt like I've lost a family member.

One thing that's great about this show is that it is progressive, the past arcs development do carry over to the next and so on, so I am hoping Kaede continues to develop and somewhat remember the 2 years void that they've spent together, although that may not be the best case scenario for her, but it'll give both Kaede and Sakuta a closure at least.

The series is amazing, I thought it's gonna be about a bunny girl fanservice BS but I am glad Mai is able to hold up her own character beyond her obvious physical attractiveness. Her chemistry with Sakuta, I have to say is one of my favorite part of the series, if not my favorite.. their back and forth banter where they're rather equal in standing is what make me adore their relationship, they care for each other and acted like a real normal couple would, not the shitty relationship that anime these days love to portray, with one having higher standing than the other.

I am excited for the movie which apparently will be about Shoko-san, and hopefully we get a second season after that.

P.S. the ED really grew on me after a while

edit: this show reminds me quite a bit of Sakurada Reset, school life with weird stuffs happening around the protagnist and he tries to solve them. Would've been great is this got 2 cours as well though
ToG25thBaamMay 19, 2019 8:30 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 26, 2019 3:18 PM

Mar 2019
ToG25thBaam said:

The series is amazing, I thought it's gonna be about a bunny girl fanservice BS but I am glad Mai is able to hold up her own character beyond her obvious physical attractiveness.
I have to say I find none of the characters in this series to be attractive at all in terms of aesthetic qualities.

Her chemistry with Sakuta, I have to say is one of my favorite part of the series, if not my favorite.. their back and forth banter where they're rather equal in standing is what make me adore their relationship, they care for each other and acted like a real normal couple would, not the shitty relationship that anime these days love to portray, with one having higher standing than the other.
Agreed — I thought it would be one of those genre-unaware developments where every viewer can see the romantic chemistry but the characters themselves are unaware of it (Like Pet Girl... Masiro has an excuse due to being autistic but there's no way for Sorata to not pick up on that) but they're refreshingly aware of themselves that they are developing some level of mutual affection for each other and are open about it to each other and themselves.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 4, 2019 1:32 AM
May 2015
This show went to shit after the Koga arc
EL PSY CONGROO
Jun 11, 2019 4:22 PM
Nov 2018
Why don't have kiss... I hate only one thing on animes... Don't have kisses...........is rare....Is a good anime but if have one kiss is the perfect anime kkkkk...
Jun 21, 2019 8:15 AM

Mar 2015
This was pretty good overall, not the worst way to end things.

9/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 27, 2019 12:35 AM
Sep 2013
ouch, good first arc, decent second but it sure went downhill. It felt like a blatant copy paste of other series and ended just being uninteresting for more than half of the show. I'm giving a 7/10 but that's being generous in my opinion, I'm really confused why this one was praised as very good when clearly it's not.
Jul 26, 2019 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
They couldn't even kiss. What a joke. What an absolute fucking joke. And Sakuta just took her pinching him. Should have just held her and kissed her right there -- I'm sure she would have been thrilled. Girls love it when the guy takes the initiative. But nope, Sakuta is a total loser.
Honestly, that, combined with no sense of closure to whatever Shouko is, and Kaede not really gaining back her lost memories of the 2 amnesiac years, made me drop this one point further to a 5/10. Very mediocre show, very disappointing ending. Maybe the movie will be the remedy to this disaster; I don't have high hopes.
Aug 27, 2019 6:37 AM
Jan 2018
HeroicIdealism said:
They couldn't even kiss. What a joke. What an absolute fucking joke. And Sakuta just took her pinching him. Should have just held her and kissed her right there -- I'm sure she would have been thrilled. Girls love it when the guy takes the initiative. But nope, Sakuta is a total loser.
Honestly, that, combined with no sense of closure to whatever Shouko is, and Kaede not really gaining back her lost memories of the 2 amnesiac years, made me drop this one point further to a 5/10. Very mediocre show, very disappointing ending. Maybe the movie will be the remedy to this disaster; I don't have high hopes.

I sore an image of the LN or manga with them kissing as I was also wondering. It's most likely the director that's cutting or avoiding that stuff
Sep 12, 2019 5:33 AM

Jul 2013
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would lol. I usually take breaks in between 1 or 2 episodes watching high school anime because I get burned out easily but I somehow got hooked with Bunny Girl Senpai and finished this in one seating.

Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised this didn't turn into a harem. I watched this blindly without looking at its MAL page and I swear I thought it was gonna turn into one after the 2nd arc with Yoko but none of the other girls have shown any romantic interest towards Sakuta and vice versa. I also didn't mind all the pseudoscience and pretentiousness the author throws around since it barely affects my enjoyment anyway. The relationships formed and interactions between the characters were more important to me.

I enjoyed all the arcs especially Mai and Kaede's. Yoko's arc was a decent followup to the first and steeled Sakuta's relationship with Mai. Futaba's arc provided more insight on Sakuta's friendship with her and Kunimi. It's too bad the ship between Futaba and Kunimi didn't sail because I was rooting for her. Nodoka's arc expanded more on Mai who started losing relevance to the plot not that it matters since she's constantly appearing throughout the series anyway and it's not like they could just shoehorn her into every problem she has no business with. Kaede's arc was heartwarming and showed us a different side of Sakuta. Not to mention, Mai had a good role in it.

The strongest aspect of this show would probably be the romance. The ship sailed really early in the series and still managed to stay interesting throughout. I loved every moment between Sakuta and Mai and the cheesy lines Sakuta keeps throwing at her.

My only gripe would probably be the author jerking off Sakuta too much in the 2nd arc. He really took a high school jock head on and the guy didn't even fight back nor did his friends at the back interfered. That was too much lmao. Maybe that's why it was my least favorite arc.

There's also the siscon bait throughout the show. I mean... Sakuta subverts the trope since he refuses Kaede's advances and it's meant to be a joke but I just don't like this normalizing incest bullshit. I'm not talking about Kaede's arc since it got more serious there but during earlier arcs where it's present every time Sakuta wakes up.

I rate this 8/10. Looking forward to watching the movie.
Dull_LullSep 12, 2019 5:39 AM
Sep 24, 2019 5:46 PM
May 2019
Goddamn, how am I supposed to get over Kaede's notes. It reminded me of Kaori's letter. I cried. I already miss her, even tho she was annoying.
Oct 19, 2019 8:20 PM
Jul 2016
Phobez said:

So yeah, I enjoyed this episode and the series. But I wish it could've ended on a a higher note with a more resolved ending. I was really hoping because unexpectedly Kaede's arc became my favourite. But, sigh, one can't get everything I suppose. Sad that it ended still.

Me too, I'm not really satisfied with this ending. And it's not because of the no-kiss, to be honest, I couldn't care less.

I think they tried to focus on the stories of too many characters. Clannad was able to do this because each season had 24+ episodes. With only 13 episodes, they should've focused on less characters, but gave each of them a more fleshed-out story.

I really enjoyed Tomoe Koga's arc, exploring the concept of pretend love evolving into real love. But the progression was a bit too fast. If they slowed down the pace and added more character development in that arc, it would've been perfect.
JackOfHeartsOct 19, 2019 9:07 PM
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.