Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 24, 2018 10:05 AM

Nov 2012
Heh, for once I got an action-packed anime Christmas Eve after all. Glad to see Ranga's Death Storm in animated form, muh boi never ceases to amaze me.

Sushantbro said:
UImoetard said:

The ogre group looked pretty capable when they tried to assassinate Rimuru. They definitely looked much stronger than lizardman, even the named Gabiru, but the orcs didn’t seem to have any ogre’s power. Though, the group is pretty much the royal guards so they might be special. The power jump when evolved to kijin is still quite ridiculous.
The main characters are a bit overpowered especially rimuru. He takes every enemy pretty easily. I hope they maintain the power balance between the battle with orc lord otherwise it won't be fun at all.

Don't worry about that, the power ceiling of the series is on an absurd level actually. Rimuru rn is like a RPG Disc 2 MC going back to a Disc 1 area to get some items that's inaccessible the first time, and his power ranking rn is quite low in the pecking order of this universe. At his level, Demon Lords can wipe him on the floor without much difficulty.
SeaJaegerDec 24, 2018 10:14 AM

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Dec 24, 2018 10:08 AM

Jun 2014
I knew the tides would turn as soon as the almighty Gobta showed up.....but in all seriousness, Rimuru's side really turned things around in this battle. The Kijin group impressed me a lot as well. It sucks that we have to wait an extra week to see the fight against the Orc Lord, but I expect it to be awesome.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 24, 2018 10:09 AM

Nov 2016
Enjoyable episode, finally some shit is going down.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2018 10:12 AM

Jul 2017
the animation in this ep was amazing
Dec 24, 2018 10:13 AM

Mar 2016
NOBODY MENTIONS CASTLEVANIA????
Dec 24, 2018 10:14 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
If Gabiru vs. the Orc General was actually much shorter in the source material, then how even will the major fights be in this series? That was sick.

He can definitely fight and might probably be owning up to his mistake already by putting his life on the line.

Ranga's wide range attack is fucking deadly, jesus and so is Benimaru's.

The reactions of the Lizardmen were hilarious.

Glorious, loved it.
Dec 24, 2018 10:17 AM

Mar 2016
Souei: omae wa mou....shindeiru...
Orc General: Nan----(dies)....

one of many epic moments in this episode!
Dec 24, 2018 10:23 AM

Apr 2018
What an amazing episode, i love this show!
Kijin are badasses!

But now we have to wait ~2 weeks for the next episode? :"(
killuaxgonDec 24, 2018 7:30 PM
Dec 24, 2018 10:29 AM

Oct 2015
So the final moment with orc lord in the next episode ... 2 weeks will be long 😪😪
Dec 24, 2018 10:29 AM
Jun 2016
They skipped over a few small things, like rescuing the leader was different, and not showing rescuing the female lizard, but over all not bad :>
Dec 24, 2018 10:52 AM
Oct 2018
This was amazing episode!
Dec 24, 2018 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
Souei's powers are amazing, I hope we get to see more of them. This episode was pretty intense, can't wait to see next episode. Also, wasn't that mask supposed to suppress his powers? Why did he put it on? Am I missing something lol ...
"That smile was like the sun on a hot summer day...with eyes like ice."
Dec 24, 2018 11:35 AM
Apr 2018
UImoetard said:
I am a bit confused. I thought Ogres were pretty strong (stronger than Lizardmen), that's why they are so powerful after evolving. If the Orcs really ate the Ogres, then shouldn't the Orcs army have Ogre's power? It didn't seem like that's the case.

I really wonder how powerful is Rigurd now. Isn't he like 2 evolution's above Gobta? I wouldn't be surprised if even Rigurd could take on the Orc Lord.

In manga, starved is just like predator but not 100% can use skill the opponent. So i think the orcs just have little power by ogres,
Dec 24, 2018 11:37 AM
Aug 2013
HorokeuAburame said:
Souei's powers are amazing, I hope we get to see more of them. This episode was pretty intense, can't wait to see next episode. Also, wasn't that mask supposed to suppress his powers? Why did he put it on? Am I missing something lol ...

His normal powers would destroy everything in sight so he uses the mask to not absolutly wreck everything.
Dec 24, 2018 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
Kirasaya said:

His normal powers would destroy everything in sight so he uses the mask to not absolutly wreck everything.

Ohh yess he did talk about that indeed!!! I totally forgot. I knew there was something. Thanks.
"That smile was like the sun on a hot summer day...with eyes like ice."
Dec 24, 2018 12:14 PM
Aug 2013
How are his subordinates so OP. He's suppose to be stronger than them yeah? He could wreck the continent lol. Then he's just acting all surprised like he just realized how powerful they are too. lol. Orc lords gonna get rekted.
Dec 24, 2018 12:21 PM

Feb 2014
This is just what I needed before the arrival of Christmas Day, a very action-packed episode of Slime! ^_^

It was a real treat to see a lot of lovely animation into this episode, from Gabiru's one on one fight against the Orc General to the insane Death Storm attack from Ranga.

The Kijin's attacks were also very brutal and spectacular as well. Shion unleashed her sword that swep hundreds of Orcs and created a big fissure in the ground, then waved at Rimuru in the sky with a smile on her face. She's gorgeous, but scary as well.

Souei's attacks were just savage, though. The Lizardmen's gobsmacked reactions to Souei's killing move on the Orc was funny, but I too would reacted like that after seeing a move that deadly.

Now comes the battle between Rimuru and the Orc Lord. This episode was really great, but this upcoming fight has me really hyped up. Make it another great one, 8bit! =D
Dec 24, 2018 12:32 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was fun to watch.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 24, 2018 1:22 PM

Dec 2014
Awesome episode.

The war didn't disappoint, I'm glad the animation and production value is still top notch.

Gabiru is actually a good dude, he stands up for his allies, refused to retreat because he had the goblins with him and was even willing to duel against the general to save his subordinates. I guess it's just that his immediate friends are the wrong kind of influence on him.

The Kijin and Ranga wrecking the orc army was crazy good and very satisfying too watch, I want more of that. XD
Ikemen Souei is just too cool for the world. xDD

Rimuru vs Orc Lord next episode? I'm excited.
Dec 24, 2018 1:36 PM
Nov 2015
After ranga release tornado.

Epiiiiiiiiccccc
Dec 24, 2018 1:38 PM

Apr 2015
Gotta love, even with the OP skillset Rimuru has, he still is envious of Souei's skills XD

Action was really enjoyable, with some great animated scenes. Rimuru watching over everything and seeing how strong his followers actually are. Those Kijin are super strong now as well.

Souei's attack on that Orc with the Lizard Chieftain was brutal as hell. Loved it! The Lizardmen's reaction to that though. Can't blame them for being shocked XD

Next fight is gonna be hype!
Dec 24, 2018 1:53 PM
Nov 2015
yuukiwr said:
Kinda sad they didn't show rimuru getting dressed up

Because it's didn't fit in one episode and killing the intense war mood........ but at least the studio knows.

And...become official art for sell ?

Do not lose hope yet maybe they will add it after war. Stay strong brother.
Dec 24, 2018 1:54 PM

Feb 2015
I love how fluid the animation is, 8bit doing an absolute steller job with this series. When each episode ends I feel like and could watch another 10, it's that engaging.
Dec 24, 2018 2:14 PM
Apr 2009
So.

An army of 200.000 invaders. They constantly feel a great sense of hunger and eat everything. Even their fallen comrades. I have two words for you.

Poison arrows.

Kill one orc with a poison arrow. Step back and watch him be eaten. Then the orcs who ate him will die and, again, be eaten by other orcs. Replenish poison where necessary.

And don't you dare telling me that nobody has access to a powerful poison. The dryad has supervision over an entire forest and sees everything in it, according to herself. The lizardmen chieftain has spent his whole, long life fighting and living in his swamp. And Rimuru (I think?) has learned a poison-based skill himself. Even if he didn't, he has more than enough advisers to get him one. So literally EVERY faction involved can get poison and should be well versed in using poison.

But of course that's not necessary because Rimuru&friends can just kill any- and everything with a fingersnip. That was such a boring solution to a possibly intriguing enemy.

Dec 24, 2018 2:27 PM

Mar 2008
The orcs didn't stand a chance against Rimuru and friends. The lizardmen's reactions to Souei was priceless. lol
Dec 24, 2018 2:36 PM

Apr 2017
UImoetard said:
I am a bit confused. I thought Ogres were pretty strong (stronger than Lizardmen), that's why they are so powerful after evolving. If the Orcs really ate the Ogres, then shouldn't the Orcs army have Ogre's power? It didn't seem like that's the case.

I really wonder how powerful is Rigurd now. Isn't he like 2 evolution's above Gobta? I wouldn't be surprised if even Rigurd could take on the Orc Lord.

The Ogre village was tiny. Around 500 people I believe. Sharing that across 200,000 isn't going to make a noticeable dent. The only noticeable difference would occur on the front lines. Which is what you see in the episode. Just because a few lizardmen die doesn't mean the whole army has webbed feet.
Also, I would assume the Orc Generals/Lord would have gotten the lion share of those ogre corpses.

Rigurd and Gobta are at the same level evolution-wise. Its merely a joke that Gobta appears incompetent. To the point that it doesn't even look like he evolved.

drakenastor said:
How are his subordinates so OP. He's suppose to be stronger than them yeah? He could wreck the continent lol. Then he's just acting all surprised like he just realized how powerful they are too. lol. Orc lords gonna get rekted.

Rimuru routinely under and overestimates things. As a man from earth he is completely unaware of how power levels work in this new world. And slight spoiler, they're not op at allllll.

Eoc said:
So.

An army of 200.000 invaders. They constantly feel a great sense of hunger and eat everything. Even their fallen comrades. I have two words for you.

Poison arrows.

Kill one orc with a poison arrow. Step back and watch him be eaten. Then the orcs who ate him will die and, again, be eaten by other orcs. Replenish poison where necessary.

And don't you dare telling me that nobody has access to a powerful poison. The dryad has supervision over an entire forest and sees everything in it, according to herself. The lizardmen chieftain has spent his whole, long life fighting and living in his swamp. And Rimuru (I think?) has learned a poison-based skill himself. Even if he didn't, he has more than enough advisers to get him one. So literally EVERY faction involved can get poison and should be well versed in using poison.

But of course that's not necessary because Rimuru&friends can just kill any- and everything with a fingersnip. That was such a boring solution to a possibly intriguing enemy.

This is actually a really interesting idea, but from how the skill works I'd assume they're immune to poison. Hell, it might even just give them poison powers.
"The future ain't what it used to be"
Dec 24, 2018 2:41 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I must say that the OP levels of Rimuru's cohorts kind of took the excitement out of it for me. I mean, when everyone of his associates is so insanely powerful, the stakes suddenly feel really low, the outcome is never in doubt.
I hope the upcoming opposition is much tougher and can actually draw blood in the figurative sense of the word.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 24, 2018 2:50 PM
Apr 2009
ManMythPimp said:
This is actually a really interesting idea, but from how the skill works I'd assume they're immune to poison. Hell, it might even just give them poison powers.

*sigh* If they're really capable of just eating anything and be fine/gain powers, then they should just stop marching and start eating the ground they stand on.

I'm not knowledgeable of the in-universe rules, but if that were the case, then there would be no need to march in the first place?

If more details were given somewhere, I must have missed them.

Dec 24, 2018 2:53 PM
Nov 2015
Eoc said:
So.

Poison arrows.

No you can't because instead dead because poisoning, the orc army will be have poinson resistance because how the world works.

The orc army have similar skill as rimuru.

Just like gobuta did when eating shion cooking.
Dec 24, 2018 2:56 PM
Mar 2016
UImoetard said:

nah, Gobuta is strongest in Goblin Tribe, Rimuru say Gobuta is Genious but cant be a teacher
rigurd evolution more to be administration role, not a fighter role

UImoetard said:

The ogre group looked pretty capable when they tried to assassinate Rimuru. They definitely looked much stronger than lizardman, even the named Gabiru, but the orcs didn’t seem to have any ogre’s power. Though, the group is pretty much the royal guards so they might be special. The power jump when evolved to kijin is still quite ridiculous.

that already explained, when rimuru give ogre's a name
with rimuru magic power, he normally can give a name for 300++ individual
in Ogre Case, magic power which can give a name for 300++ monsters that give to only 6 individual, so an ogre get same 50x rimuru's magic power for 1 monster, and rimuru already at Demon King Tier
so that way Kijin ridiculous strong
Dec 24, 2018 3:27 PM
Apr 2009
redcobra said:
No you can't because instead dead because poisoning, the orc army will be have poinson resistance because how the world works.

The orc army have similar skill as rimuru.

Just like gobuta did when eating shion cooking.

Huh, I thought Gobuta just got lucky. Rimurus reaction kinda got me thinking that way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming you for explaining or anything, but if the orcs would really just gain resistance against anything unfavourable by encountering it ONCE then that is boring world building.

It leads to every violent conflict being resolved by person A and person B whacking each other on the head with hammers and the person with the bigger hammer winning. What a thrill.

Dec 24, 2018 3:27 PM

Apr 2017
Eoc said:
ManMythPimp said:

*sigh* If they're really capable of just eating anything and be fine/gain powers, then they should just stop marching and start eating the ground they stand on.

I'm not knowledgeable of the in-universe rules, but if that were the case, then there would be no need to march in the first place?

If more details were given somewhere, I must have missed them.

How would eating the ground be nourishing? They're hungry for meat.
The world is very game-like btw. The poison would be a skill or enchantment or something like that. The mechanics aren't exactly like the real world.
"The future ain't what it used to be"
Dec 24, 2018 3:28 PM

Aug 2013
ManMythPimp said:
The Ogre village was tiny. Around 500 people I believe. Sharing that across 200,000 isn't going to make a noticeable dent. The only noticeable difference would occur on the front lines. Which is what you see in the episode. Just because a few lizardmen die doesn't mean the whole army has webbed feet.
Also, I would assume the Orc Generals/Lord would have gotten the lion share of those ogre corpses.

Rigurd and Gobta are at the same level evolution-wise. Its merely a joke that Gobta appears incompetent. To the point that it doesn't even look like he evolved.

At least a few hundred orcs were shown to gain some of lizardman’s power after eating one of them (increase movement speed in swarm). Not sure how large was the ogre village, but the majority of orcs should have gotten ogre’s power.

I am certain they stated Rigurd was promoted to a Goblin King, and Gobta should still be a Hobgoblin. They shouldn’t be same evolution unless Rigurd’s title is just a name only.

NdanHM said:
nah, Gobuta is strongest in Goblin Tribe, Rimuru say Gobuta is Genious but cant be a teacher
rigurd evolution more to be administration role, not a fighter role

There seems to be a direction correlation between monster title and strength established in this show so far, as all evolved monsters became significantly stronger. Yea sure, one hobgoblin might be stronger than another hobgoblin, but I doubt it's easy to surpass a monster that has a higher rank (Goblin King). I would be really surprised if one genius normal orc in the orc army is somehow stronger than an orc general.

NdanHM said:
that already explained, when rimuru give ogre's a name
with rimuru magic power, he normally can give a name for 300++ individual
in Ogre Case, magic power which can give a name for 300++ monsters that give to only 6 individual, so an ogre get same 50x rimuru's magic power for 1 monster, and rimuru already at Demon King Tier
so that way Kijin ridiculous strong

Not really, that would only mean a regular ogre is 50x stronger than a regular goblin, which is reasonable. There is no correlation to the magnitude of power jump (evolved ogre's boost in strength doesn't have to be larger than evolved goblin's boost).
UImoetardDec 24, 2018 3:50 PM
Dec 24, 2018 3:33 PM
Apr 2009
ManMythPimp said:
How would eating the ground be nourishing? They're hungry for meat.
The world is very game-like btw. The poison would be a skill or enchantment or something like that. The mechanics aren't exactly like the real word.

Unless the fansubs were inaccurate it was never mentioned that they are specifically looking for meat? It was described as "a state on the verge of starvation". They should be able to/want to eat next to anything. They might get a dozen skills or favourable traits out of eating the earth and grass anyway

But I should probably stop now. I don't understand these rules anymore.

Dec 24, 2018 3:34 PM

Aug 2015
Really cool episode, but seriously how did they get so strong? It's like they went straight from level 20 to level 90.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Dec 24, 2018 4:02 PM

Sep 2017
I'm really surprised how enjoyable this anime is

I'm always frustrated I couldn't watch all the episodes in one row, I feel like every episode is way too short and ends way too quickly

I really hope this anime gets a second season, which is very likely to happen according to the rating and the overall reception
Dec 24, 2018 4:08 PM
Nov 2017
Just one word for each
Rimuru - boss
Souei - cool
Shion - sexy
Red haired kijin and old man kijin - crazy
And now
We've got more villains than normal
Dec 24, 2018 4:13 PM

Oct 2015
Real episode indeed!

Everyone at Rimuru's camp is way beyond strong, but that Ranga was the real deal for me (personally love that wolf). Gabil was in way above his league for thinking he could contain those orcs. I guess it's The master's turn to display his strength.

I wonder who would win if Ains's squad could face up with Rimuru's? They both seemed to be overlords both of them.

Anyways great episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 24, 2018 4:21 PM
Mar 2016
lihle808 said:
Real episode indeed!

I wonder who would win if Ains's squad could face up with Rimuru's? They both seemed to be overlords both of them.

At this point of story I would say Ains, but Rimuru gain a large number of extremely strong follower later on that also keep level up themselves to be Rimuru number 1 subordinate - -''
Dec 24, 2018 4:30 PM

Oct 2018
HorokeuAburame said:
Kirasaya said:

Ohh yess he did talk about that indeed!!! I totally forgot. I knew there was something. Thanks.

The mask doesn't suppress his powers, it just suppresses his aura, so he appears weak to others. He can wear the mask and fight completely fine, the opponent just won't know what's hitting them until it's too late.
Dec 24, 2018 5:40 PM
Apr 2016
This episode was really good and fun to watch. Really like how overwhelmingly overpowered Rimuru's group is
Dec 24, 2018 5:48 PM

Apr 2012
I'm disappointed in the execution of this battle: The over the top powers of Rimuru's subordinates ruined and killed whatever tension was built for the past couple of episodes. All that hype about the orcs being an actual threat was nothing more than hyperbole. There's no point for Rimuru to even go himself. Gabiru's fight was really good and was within the narrative of orcs being an overwhelming scourge, after that scene, it just fell into the shounen trope of superpowered beings blasting away irrelevant foes that were built up as unstoppable. Pretty underwhelming imo.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 24, 2018 6:16 PM

Apr 2018
killuaxgon said:
Kijin are badasses!

But now we have to wait ~2 weeks for the next episode :"(
why 2 weeks. Are they taking a break?
Dec 24, 2018 6:20 PM
Mar 2015
The one who devours all Looks like pork is on the menu for Rimuru
Dec 24, 2018 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
great episode animation wise not surprised by the outcome after they showed up what ever tension that got built vanished was like"yep looks like they'll take care of everything easily" i mean we knew this from the start it's that kind of show.

wonder if this show will run to power level struggle at this rate

also Shion's sword looks like inuyasha's
Dec 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Apr 2018
Janethan23 said:
I'm disappointed in the execution of this battle: The over the top powers of Rimuru's subordinates ruined and killed whatever tension was built for the past couple of episodes. All that hype about the orcs being an actual threat was nothing more than hyperbole. There's no point for Rimuru to even go himself. Gabiru's fight was really good and was within the narrative of orcs being an overwhelming scourge, after that scene, it just fell into the shounen trope of superpowered beings blasting away irrelevant foes that were built up as unstoppable. Pretty underwhelming imo.

the orc lord is the real deal here, (SPOILER) even the kijin and ranga cant do much about the lord.
And btw. Its funny how a lot people keep complain that rimuru and his friends are too OP, no. Its not yet to complain, Rimuru and kijin is too weak at this point. One of the demon lord could destroy rimuru effortlessy
Dec 24, 2018 7:10 PM
Mar 2018
Janethan23 said:

Chill bruh orc lord will reck every one like shit, that guy is the real deal
Dec 24, 2018 7:29 PM

Apr 2018
Sushantbro said:
killuaxgon said:
Kijin are badasses!

But now we have to wait ~2 weeks for the next episode? :"(
why 2 weeks. Are they taking a break?

I think yes, but i'm not sure, many shows have break next week
Dec 24, 2018 7:59 PM

Dec 2014
well that was awesome...stupid Gabiru...I hope he falls down a hierarchy or something.... damn the the undeniable strength
Dec 24, 2018 8:48 PM

Nov 2017
hamanito said:
NOBODY MENTIONS CASTLEVANIA????

i dont think it necessary to mention.

- To bad that Gabiru doesnt become meat in this episode
Now Loading.....
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2019

129 by SpikeVann »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 19, 5:17 AM

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.