Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2018 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, I feel like Merc Yuu gets less and less relevant except when he uses his magic to solve problems.

Those final few minutes felt kinda impactful though to deal with that monster. If one thing, the music in this show definitely surprises me.

Edit: spelling.
Stark700Dec 6, 2018 7:56 AM
Dec 6, 2018 7:51 AM

Sep 2009
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, I feel like Merc gets less and less relevant except when he uses his magic to solve problems.

Those final few minutes felt kinda impactful though to deal with that monster. If one thing, the music in this show definitely surprises me.

merc is the girl in a bottle. Yu is what you mean.
Dec 6, 2018 8:24 AM

Jul 2017
Stark700 said:
Mm, I feel like Merc Yuu gets less and less relevant except when he uses his magic to solve problems.

Same sentiments, it really felt like Yuu is only there for the short moments where the darkness-consumed monsters needed to be healed, and he's the solution.

Reagrdless of how the side stories went, the producers really should have picked the stories where Yuu gets a lot of exposure (or screentime if you will) and NOT just cast him off to one side. Like if you have the main MC boy and girl on the title itself, then why make this a missed opportunity?

And also that explains the low rating for the series.

Dec 6, 2018 9:39 AM
Oct 2018
KANLen09 said:
Stark700 said:

Same sentiments, it really felt like Yuu is only there for the short moments where the darkness-consumed monsters needed to be healed, and he's the solution.

Reagrdless of how the side stories went, the producers really should have picked the stories where Yuu gets a lot of exposure (or screentime if you will) and NOT just cast him off to one side. Like if you have the main MC boy and girl on the title itself, then why make this a missed opportunity?

Its because the main story of the game, which focuses on Yuu's journey is too long to actually animate effectively. With only 12 episodes, in any time they decide to stop it would seem abruptly cut. And if ever they decide to go the Akame ga Kill route, there'll be too many missing pieces it won't do much.

All the side stories generally have the focus of the new characters, but the next one is one that has more spotlight on Yuu. And this is not because of the spotlight, but because its the most popular event story.
Dec 6, 2018 10:11 AM

Jul 2017
fuyukkun_ said:
KANLen09 said:

Its because the main story of the game, which focuses on Yuu's journey is too long to actually animate effectively. With only 12 episodes, in any time they decide to stop it would seem abruptly cut. And if ever they decide to go the Akame ga Kill route, there'll be too many missing pieces it won't do much.

All the side stories generally have the focus of the new characters, but the next one is one that has more spotlight on Yuu. And this is not because of the spotlight, but because its the most popular event story.

So that's why...having to bother even picking specific events so it doesn't detract from the overall experience? But still, finding myself having to question over the minor issues, don't get me wrong, this series is good, but the key person always goes missing. That's how I see it.
Dec 6, 2018 11:07 AM
Oct 2018
KANLen09 said:
fuyukkun_ said:

So that's why...having to bother even picking specific events so it doesn't detract from the overall experience? But still, finding myself having to question over the minor issues, don't get me wrong, this series is good, but the key person always goes missing. That's how I see it.

Its alright, though this is what one could generally expect from most anime, since its just advertisement for their source material so people would want to try it out. Last Period, for example, didn't adhere to its original storyline and went for the comedic approach.

Even with only selecting a few stories, most have been cut down and reworked for, as I said before, advertising the game which has the full story.
Dec 6, 2018 11:12 AM

Jul 2017
fuyukkun_ said:
KANLen09 said:

Its alright, though this is what one could generally expect from most anime, since its just advertisement for their source material so people would want to try it out. Last Period, for example, didn't adhere to its original storyline and went for the comedic approach.

Even with only selecting a few stories, most have been cut down and reworked for, as I said before, advertising the game which has the full story.

True that, I've quite enjoyed Last Period although I quite understood that the series was there to promote the smartphone app, and with this series following the exact same approach as well. Thanks for the explanation.
Dec 6, 2018 3:17 PM

Sep 2011
It seems I was too harsh with Selena. It's not that she didn't want to accept Antel's feelings, it was just the pressure she felt as a Diva, having her every move watched; she couldn't be with him when he couldn't even sing, the most noble 'trait' in their society. I still think she was too cruel throwing the ring in the water, but at least she retrieved it.

She never wanted to use Forna's voice only to keep the appearances as I first thought either. There's that, but she also didn't want to give any reasons for Antel to refuse her and 'exact his revenge'. Not that it was right of her to have tried to do this, but it wasn't that terrible either.

And I feel bad for Voicia too, shunned for being ugly, utterly alone down there. No wonder it wanted to be accepted, and that was just what Antel did, but they really got me with that sore throat, I thought he had lost his voice as a price to free Voicia, but I'm glad that it isn't the case though.

I loved the songs, and it all, one of my favorites, if not my favorite, country so far.

"DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN?" I mean, "Please, open this door, I can't leave you alone in your suffering. Listen, this is just a passing dream..." ~
Dec 6, 2018 4:59 PM

Oct 2015
The story of Antel and Selena has come to a close, and I must say I liked Selena's stumbling when she conveyed her feelings towards Antel. Voicia seemed to be fitted quite nicely in that musical, I guess anything can be made into something. That duet in the end was very beautiful and it's a pity we won't see the characters again.

Again Merc and Yuu had no true relevance to the story, but oh well! It was good without their full involvement to the matter.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 6, 2018 9:10 PM
Jun 2017
I love this episode and on how they have ended this one. the song is pleasant to my ears and that final part where they are all in stage singing is great...

my favorite arc in this series for me...
Dec 7, 2018 2:32 AM

Nov 2017
bondtux said:

- so, this antel guy make an exchange to make him can sing, he would realize a certain monster or help?.

- I'll take this back

- This episode reminds me of lost song.
Now Loading.....
Dec 7, 2018 9:03 AM

May 2018
OMG i love this arc ! The song is blessing my ears, now I really hope the full song will go into CD version.

Now here's my question : why we need Folna here ? She even don't have connection with Antel or Serena.
Dec 7, 2018 5:18 PM

Jun 2017
I thought nothing could top the Alloween arc but this did it. Man, this was freaking amazing. It would have been pretty bittersweet if Antel lost his voice in exchange for freeing Voicia but he literally sang until he got a sore throat lol, glad it was a happy ending.

These songs must definitely go onto the OST if it ever comes out.
Dec 7, 2018 9:26 PM

Oct 2008
The episode looks like a bit Disneyish with the musical inserts!
This episode didn't match the impressive performance of Kento Itou that was from the previous episode 8.
But still this episode was quite a good performance. No complaints!
The romance between Selena & Antel was solid!
5/5.
matias067Dec 7, 2018 9:29 PM

Dec 10, 2018 9:01 AM
Feb 2018
The story development in the last 10min was way too fast and the pacing was bad, first showing the stone bird a lot and then going away as soon as the interesting and emotional part of breaking the stones begins? Doesn't sound like a good idea for me. Also why did Selena assume that Antel lost his voice? There was no indication for that, and we didn't see when/how her voice came back though...
Jan 5, 2019 2:07 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah ngl I really enjoyed this musical arc. And Antel and Selena were pretty cute. When Forna leaned on the door I thought she was going to say "do you want to build a snowman?" lol.

Still I thought Yuu would free the bird, so the protagonists were really just an audience this time, as it should for an opera if you think about it.
Jan 7, 2019 6:32 PM

Feb 2014
Holy wow these last 2 episodes were SOOOOO boring ><

dropped my score from 7 to 6, so far.
Feb 13, 2019 8:22 PM

Jun 2014
The ending was a bit confusing, but it appears that everything worked out alright.

Mar 14, 2019 2:36 AM

May 2012
What a fantastic ending, really liked these two parts! Looking forwards to see what happens next.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Merc Storia: Mukiryoku no Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2018

14 by Atsunome »»
Jan 21, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Merc Storia: Mukiryoku no Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2018

19 by LovelyTekki »»
Nov 13, 2022 3:44 PM

Poll: » Merc Storia: Mukiryoku no Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

20 by Serafos »»
Nov 15, 2021 5:53 AM

Poll: » Merc Storia: Mukiryoku no Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

15 by Serafos »»
Nov 15, 2021 4:57 AM

Poll: » Merc Storia: Mukiryoku no Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2018

11 by Serafos »»
Nov 15, 2021 3:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.