Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2018 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my, they threw in some bath fan service this episode lol

Looks like Goblin Slayer, Elf, Priestess, etc are going back to that underground area for further exploration. As expected, there were goblins to be slayed! It felt kinda like another boss fight with the hoard of goblins and against one tougher goblin (I'd say he's weaker than the Ogre)

Priestess' magic needs a bit improvement imo but at least she tried. Quite a bit of action and violence this episode if you ask me.
Nov 17, 2018 8:35 AM

Apr 2010
Priest wet herself again.
Well an intense battle at the end but they somehow survived tho it looks like Goblin slayer is out for the time being.
The question now is how are they going to recover.
Nov 17, 2018 8:44 AM

Jan 2017
Hoo boy, that was a long wait.

Nov 17, 2018 8:47 AM

Jan 2017
Stark700 said:
Oh my, they threw in some bath fanservice this episode lol

because the anime will not float with an average plot
Nov 17, 2018 8:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Synchronisity said:
Stark700 said:

I surely wasn't complaining about it =P But this episode did not disappoint at all imo
Nov 17, 2018 9:11 AM

Mar 2015
just get 5 archers next party that protection wall is op as shit
Nov 17, 2018 9:35 AM

Sep 2017
Nov 17, 2018 9:37 AM

May 2018
I got annoyed in the last 2 minutes, they literally just looped a still image with an eye opening and closing. What was the point of that?
Nov 17, 2018 9:38 AM

Jan 2017
Sooooooo is he dead? Anyone know?

Nov 17, 2018 9:42 AM
Nov 2011
J_LEE_C said:
Sooooooo is he dead? Anyone know?

I was kinda disappointed in this ep, I was expecting THE GS heroic second wind to be more...than this, because it was.
They cut up a lot of content and Priestress didn't lost her whole shoulder like she originally did.
And...the ending, that was...a thing.
Nov 17, 2018 9:47 AM
Oct 2018
Vader_ said:
SooitNov 17, 2018 9:52 AM
Nov 17, 2018 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
A lot of violence in this episode. Goblin Slayer taking on that giant ogre.

Looks like the group managed to survive.

Nov 17, 2018 9:49 AM

May 2018
Leo said:
A lot of violence in this episode. Goblin Slayer taking on that giant ogre.

Looks like the group managed to survive.

It's a Goblin Champion, not an Ogre. They'd all be dead if this was an Ogre lmao.
Nov 17, 2018 9:49 AM

Jul 2012
They skipped Elf being flirty with GS to make those cunts at the in jealous. Sad... Also that was a VERY VERY underwhelming "Who is next?" scene.

Other than those, i dont have any complaints. GS choking and gouging g*blins eye was great.. AND that GS having flashbacks of her sister while elf and priestess screaming was a STRONG scene. Loved it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2018 9:56 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode, I was on the edge of my seat for the whole fight.

Those filthy goblins better not lay their hands on my Elf Girl, Priestess too for that matter.

The episode was brutal as hell, the part where GS takes that blow from the Goblin Champion and the part were the Goblin Champion bites into the Priestess's arm were extremely painful to watch, like holy shit.
GS awakening again and chocking the champion eventually gouging his eyes out was pure awesome, did he drink some sort of potion? They seemed to be hinting at it.

I'm glad the group survived without any causalities bar some injuries especially with GS who looks like he's gonna be out of it for a while.

The shot from the canary's eye at the end was really nice but I felt they dragged it on too long.

Looking forward to next week. I also appreciate the fan service with Sword Maiden. xD
Nov 17, 2018 10:03 AM

Dec 2017
because you don't go on a raid boss with only 5 people party, smh. amateurs
Nov 17, 2018 10:04 AM

Nov 2016
Finally, a bloody and action packed episode again. Goblin Slayer went absolutely savage there.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 17, 2018 10:04 AM

Sep 2017
Good fight, but was it necessary to make that last shot a minute and a half long? I mean I get that it's important, but we all know they aint killing the character that the show is named after in episode 7.

Also, for once I would have liked to hear some rage or tonal change from GS' voice when he went berserk. It would justify a bit more his successful intimidation roll.
Nov 17, 2018 10:07 AM

Jan 2018
I feel that the this episode toned down on violence while elf was being attacked and it looked like priestess's whole arm was gone but when she was laying down it's just flesh wound and there wasn't much blood
Taking out the eye was great

The first episode wasn't what I expected coming to this anime but it made me interested in this approach of gruesome and bloody i am disappointed in how this episode is Goblin Slayer looks more ominous when he is fighting than compares to his awakening in this episode

I am more worried about next episode with what they are going to do with his

ArugustorNov 17, 2018 10:11 AM
Nov 17, 2018 10:07 AM

Sep 2017
Sooit said:
Vader_ said:

I thought he was a goblin when i saw him in the manga
Nov 17, 2018 10:08 AM
Jul 2017
Synchronisity said:
Stark700 said:

That "average plot" is the main charm of the series though...
Just goblin slayer doing his stuff while we learn about him and the characters around him...
At least, that's what 'I' like the most, especially in the source material/s.
Nov 17, 2018 10:08 AM

Mar 2018
Best episode yet.

Also looks like that the second half was so brutal that almost everyone forgot about the bath scene at the start.
Nov 17, 2018 10:10 AM
Jul 2017
Vader_ said:
Sooit said:

We all thought that was the case too. And damn, it felt badass for some reason... hoping that his Sensei was actually a Goblin. Also makes sense why he said that "the good goblins are those that don't come out of their caves" in the First Episode/Chapter.
Nov 17, 2018 10:11 AM

Jan 2017
Izaya-Hasegawa said:
Synchronisity said:

Just goblin slayer doing his stuff while we learn about him and the characters around him...

Agree with that. I have seen lots of people bitching about the series having hollow 'no name' character but imo it has a unique charm in itself. Goblin Slayer has to be taken casually, something which doesn't allure hardcore anime fans.
Jul 2017
81Koyomi_Araragi said:
Best episode yet.

Also looks like that the second half was so brutal that almost everyone forgot about the bath scene at the start.

I didn't though.

Okay, perverted jokes aside, I didn't and 'can't' forget about that scene since it hinted what the Sword Maiden went through.

Feb 2014
Pretty good episode, enjoyed it. Priestess being a weak link for the team, as shown in the episode. Why didn't GS just keep strangling the Goblin Champion? He almost killed it, but instead decided to rip out one of it's eye's and let it survive.

Little bit too much blood shown when the Goblin Champion bit the priests arm tbh. Well i still enjoy seeing gore so whatever. Was there any ''meaning'' behind the canary's eye view? Just seemed like being the same scene looped again and again for over a minute. Lol
Nov 17, 2018 10:12 AM

Apr 2018
The shitty writing is still there but this was the second best or even the best ep so far

We didn't get to see high elf getting a bath with them sadly

Loved the ost that they palyed while they showed that bird's eye for an hour
Nov 17, 2018 10:13 AM
Oct 2018
Vader_ said:
Sooit said:

well as a LN reader , he is a rhea ( 100% hobbit ) he is call Burglar ( aka Bilbo Baggins cause his passive skill is invisible and he wear a normal gold ring ) sound like a reference of some film ?
SooitNov 17, 2018 10:16 AM
Nov 17, 2018 10:14 AM
Jul 2017
Synchronisity said:
Izaya-Hasegawa said:

Agree with that. I have seen lots of people bitching about the series having hollow 'no name' character but imo it has a unique charm in itself. Goblin Slayer has to be taken casually, something which doesn't allure hardcore anime fans.

That's also a massive plus since the contrast to it's "casual" atmosphere where there are demon lords and stuff while GS just doesn't give a fk WHILE the graphical representation and sensitive topics that are tackled get depicted to the extreme is such a feast to the eyes and hearts of the viewers. Mixed feelings of joy, sadness, badass, uncomfort (screw the goblin rapes), and 'hopes' that GS gets what he deserves for his service more.
Nov 17, 2018 10:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The response from the elf's party was hillarious. Guess cheese is the perfect cure for the lizard. Sword maiden's words sure were cryptic. The goblin's trap sure was creative but matched only by GS's quick thinking. The fight sure was pretty brutal and seeing GS get injured like that really shows how powerful the champion was. The situation sure was grim for the party. GS's counterattack though was pretty satisfying. An excellent episode that while featuring brutal combat that almost ended badly for the party also did well in showing the trust that was built among the party. One hell of a cliffhanger though. Loved the ending music though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2018 10:18 AM

Jul 2017
It had a lot of intensity but some bits of this episode were so fucking bad.

Like the minute and a half at the end with the blinking shot. That was so unnecessary for it to be that long. Felt like a YouTuber trying to extend their video to 10 minutes for more monetization, and I did not really expect that kind of B.S in anime out of all places.

Some CG was also wank in this one.

Atleast, GS went brutal again, which it was lacking for its past few episodes.
Nov 17, 2018 10:18 AM
Jul 2017
AkashiRvL said:
Pretty good episode, enjoyed it. Priestess being a weak link for the team, as shown in the episode. Why didn't GS just keep strangling the Goblin Champion? He almost killed it, but instead decided to rip out one of it's eye's and let it survive.

Little bit too much blood shown when the Goblin Champion bit the priests arm tbh. Well i still enjoy seeing gore so whatever. Was there any ''meaning'' behind the canary's eye view? Just seemed like being the same scene looped again and again for over a minute. Lol
AkashiRvL said:

I'm still wrapping my head around the canary-view... but I guess Goblin Slayer failed to finish the Gob-Champ cuz he was too exhausted and injured, and as seen, his hand even bled. Also, they are all weak and helpless on their own, that's why I thought anyone would get munched on while 1v1-ning that Big boy.
Nov 17, 2018 10:21 AM
Jul 2017
Shingster said:
The response from the elf's party was hillarious. Guess cheese is the perfect cure for the lizard. Sword maiden's words sure were cryptic. The goblin's trap sure was creative but matched only by GS's quick thinking. The fight sure was pretty brutal and seeing GS get injured like that really shows how powerful the champion was. The situation sure was grim for the party. GS's counterattack though was pretty satisfying. An excellent episode that while featuring brutal combat that almost ended badly for the party also did well in showing the trust that was built among the party. One hell of a cliffhanger though. Loved the ending music though.

Umu, umu. I'm excited for more Gob-Champs get rekt in 'that arc'. Though I think the Anime won't reach it... Well anyways, good episode.
Nov 17, 2018 10:22 AM

Aug 2018
The last few episodes were sort of boring but this picked it back way up.

Nov 17, 2018 10:24 AM

Aug 2014
Only_Brad said:
I got annoyed in the last 2 minutes, they literally just looped a still image with an eye opening and closing. What was the point of that?

That's the only complain I hve with this episode.
That still frame with an eye was long as fuck xD
Nov 17, 2018 10:25 AM

Feb 2011
I see one of the reasons why this arc should've been later rather than this early on. When it's half way into the series, you know the MC is probably going to survive any life threatening damage that comes. This outcome would've been more tragic if it was closer to the end. The 2 minute loop didn't help either. You'd expect at least one person to call out his name repeatedly. Or have them rush for help while leaving the bird behind. If they wanted to play the tragic music that much, they needed to time it better. Not drag it out with an animated loop.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Nov 17, 2018 10:27 AM
Jan 2018
My only complaint was the ending.It was a bit too much.Other than that it was pretty faithfull to the LN
Nov 17, 2018 10:32 AM

Aug 2008
Ah, this was some good action. My min gripe about this episode is how much time they wasted on a fucking canary's eye instead of using it either on the guild scene or the battle itself. Hell, they even skipped goblin pissing itself upon seeing GS throwing away champion's eyeball and pointing at them. It was both wasteful and pretentious. Shame staff making this series is so poor.
AntanaruNov 17, 2018 10:36 AM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 17, 2018 10:35 AM

Jun 2010
Everyone is like, "My only complaint is the ending." However, I now have a secondary complaint:

I really want to see that elf ladies tits. She was shirtless for like the last fourth of this episode.

The incredibly gory stuff this episode honestly wasn't my thing. I could of done without it, but meh. Kind of interested to see where the story goes from here.

Edit: Oh shit, look at my post count. Blaze it.
Nov 17, 2018 10:38 AM

Jun 2014
Well, that escalated quickly. Shit hit the fan real quick but good ol' Goblin Slayer went absolutely nuts to save the day. That was pretty entertaining stuff right there.

The party, GS especially, got a lot of injuries (and thank goodness elf girl wasn't raped) but somehow managed to pull through. Like others have mentioned, I really didn't like the end of the episode with the canary's eye. I was sitting there the whole time waiting for something to happen, and I even focused intensely on the group expecting to see some kind of movement, but nope. That shouldn't have lasted as long as it did.

Also, side note, but GS going crazy with that red eye effect reminded me of Berserker from Fate/Zero.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 17, 2018 10:45 AM

Oct 2013
The hell

Why fav scene of best girl not in there
the attempted rape scene felt done well at least when compared visually to manga
But like if they were going to do like a 2 minute loop of eye closing and opening why was that not removed to make time for this instead of saying Dwarf simply saved her
Nov 17, 2018 10:57 AM

Jul 2016
Deknijff said:
The hell

Why fav scene of best girl not in there
the attempted rape scene felt done well at least when compared visually to manga
But like if they were going to do like a 2 minute loop of eye closing and opening why was that not removed to make time for this instead of saying Dwarf simply saved her

Yup, I would rather White Fox utilize that last 1 minute to show High Elf Archer's clobbering goblins than the almost static Canary Eye view...
Nov 17, 2018 11:09 AM

Jul 2013
Brutal episode. Those two minutes focusing on the eye of the canary were too long, but other than that, rest was dope as heck. Hell, if this would have been the last episode, I might even believe Goblin Slayer was indeed dead.
Nov 17, 2018 11:14 AM
Jan 2018
PEOPLE THE BIRD SCENE WAS A MISTAKE MADE BY CRUNCHYROLL. THE JAPANESE VERSION HAD CREDITS PLS SEE THIS
Nov 17, 2018 11:17 AM

Oct 2018
This show annoys me on one point: goblins are simultaneously extremely weak and extremely strong. I assume this is never reconciled in the plot as they continue to almost die to "weak" enemies.
Nov 17, 2018 11:18 AM

Aug 2012
Holy shit, it actually went to hell.
Nov 17, 2018 11:19 AM
Oct 2018
jimmmaker said:
PEOPLE THE BIRD SCENE WAS A MISTAKE MADE BY CRUNCHYROLL. THE JAPANESE VERSION HAD CREDITS PLS SEE THIS
what ??!! Where ? I need link ,pls
Nov 17, 2018 11:19 AM

Mar 2015
I liked this episode because it gave to understand that the characters don´t kill as easily as it happens in most animes.
Nov 17, 2018 11:20 AM
Jan 2018
Sooit said:
jimmmaker said:
what ??!! Where ? I need link ,pls
i dont know.Go to the goblin slayer subreddit.People found the original japanese episode.Crunchyroll fkd up
Nov 17, 2018 11:27 AM

May 2018
Hate the last part with the bird's eye. What a bullshit. Other than that, good episode.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.