Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2018 10:39 PM

Aug 2013
Fappa said:
And I'm repeating myself again like a robot.

No, this is not a harem.

No, there is no needless love dramas to push some developments forward ( See Mai appearing at his door )

No, Mai & Sakuta banter won't disappear.

No, Mai won't get shafted into the background

Yes, their relationship progressed and does not get halted by the arcs of other girls having problems

I get that people are scarred from previous bad experiences but this is not one to worry about.
aww I was hoping at least 1 girl will like the mc too in the future
Oct 24, 2018 11:05 PM

May 2015
These are the smartest soccer players you will ever see:

06/27? Oh great. Groundhog day...

Laplace's Demon...so Sakuta is going to pull a Butterfly Effect? Well that was convenient for Laplace's demon to appear in front of him...

YES!

"What do you want me to do this morning?"
"Make me a time machine." Perfect Answer.

HAHAHA! I LOVE THIS GUY!

"Why didn't you come over to explain yourself?" Damn it Mai. You're going to be spinning us in circles now, aren't ya?

So Koga wants to keep this lie for the length of the first term? I guess this is where Mai and Sakuta step in to see if the can resolve this issue sooner because we don't have time to be leashing around Laplace's Demon...
TarotistOct 24, 2018 11:10 PM
Oct 24, 2018 11:14 PM

Jan 2016
Kouhai would have been the best girl if it wasn't for Mai. Sakuta is as hilarious as ever.

The whole Laplace demon thing is probably the closest we will ever get to seeing Hako Maria adapted into an anime
Oct 24, 2018 11:45 PM
Jan 2016
well thank god for the ending of this episode, because i was like seriously worried if they were going to be pointless drama between MC and Mai. Anyways definitely a much weaker episode from high 7 to a high 6 but still the final score is the one that matters the most.
Oct 25, 2018 12:06 AM

Feb 2016
FbK333 said:
BlackFIFA19 said:

Everything will be done in these 13 episodes, since the movie sequel will adapt volume 6 and 7(the best Arc in the series, time for us all to bawl our eyes out yay)

Volume 6 and 7 are about Sakurajima Mai and Sakuta, yes? Considering it’s the best arc? If that’s the case, i will patiently watch these episodes and wait for the movie to come. The wait is killing me. I’m sure we’re gonna see some character development here. Not that. But i’m guessing Sakkuta will also get attached to these girls and will choose Mai in the end? I don’t like the idea of these new girls. I’m just not expressing my hate. I am excited if there’s gonna be Futaba Arc. That’s all. Just stick to Sakuta and Mai.

Well.... No volume 6 and 7 are about the girl Sakuta's been searching for ;)
Oct 25, 2018 12:16 AM
Oct 2017
BlackFIFA19 said:
FbK333 said:

Volume 6 and 7 are about Sakurajima Mai and Sakuta, yes? Considering it’s the best arc? If that’s the case, i will patiently watch these episodes and wait for the movie to come. The wait is killing me. I’m sure we’re gonna see some character development here. Not that. But i’m guessing Sakkuta will also get attached to these girls and will choose Mai in the end? I don’t like the idea of these new girls. I’m just not expressing my hate. I am excited if there’s gonna be Futaba Arc. That’s all. Just stick to Sakuta and Mai.

Well.... No volume 6 and 7 are about the girl Sakuta's been searching for ;)

I am confused. So Mai is out of the game? Sakuta is off finding his dream girl? Why is everyone who read the novel act like this? You just don’t give straight answers.
Someone just said to me ‘the conclusion on LN vol 9 will be...and i’m not going to spoil you”
Like really? And he told me to see the poster of the movie to understand.
Can you tell me what this thing’s about? Am i getting hyped for nothing?
Oct 25, 2018 12:37 AM

May 2015
wow i already hate koga XD

hnnnnghhh
Oct 25, 2018 12:43 AM

Jul 2011
Funniest episode so far :D seriously just can't get enough of this.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 25, 2018 1:30 AM

Jan 2014
felipeliborio said:
I agree, I watched it all and I think it was a smart decision by KyoAni to do it like that. It is the kind of thing that will certainly never be made again. And this just adds even more to the show as a whole.

I don't know whether "smart" is the right word. It most certainly is not if you're looking at it from a sales/business/financial perspective. From an artistic perspective though, you're absolutely right; it will never be done again, and if it is, it will forever be considered a rip-off.

Fappa said:

No, this is not a harem.

No, there is no needless love dramas to push some developments forward ( See Mai appearing at his door )

No, Mai & Sakuta banter won't disappear.

No, Mai won't get shafted into the background

Yes, their relationship progressed and does not get halted by the arcs of other girls having problems

I get that people are scarred from previous bad experiences but this is not one to worry about.

Lol, and thank you!
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 25, 2018 1:50 AM
May 2018
There was lot of Mai. And lot of confessions and comedy as usual. Loved the new girl. A completely different personality than Mai, but cute. Loved the episode
Oct 25, 2018 2:41 AM
Mar 2016
BlackFIFA19 said:

Hope A1(or Cloverworks) didnt doing shiit thing what they usually doing
but with Movie as Sequel i think
they will rush LN Vol 1-5 for 13 eps
and Movie for Vol 6-7, the first heroine who exist or not
Oct 25, 2018 4:04 AM

Apr 2016

Can you describe in detail your current situation?

LOL! This guy. XD
Oct 25, 2018 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
Ehhh i got excited to see a time loop cause i usually always love this kind of thing in anime but the missunderstandings and "pretending we are dating" cliches kinda bothered me
Oct 25, 2018 5:54 AM

Nov 2017
footmaster said:

Can you describe in detail your current situation?

LOL! This guy. XD

dude, more gif about mai please

Oct 25, 2018 6:53 AM

May 2017
Fuck man i really hate this stuff where the plot is governed by a shitty misunderstanding, I hope they clear this misunderstanding by the next episode otherwise I'll be really pissed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2018 7:05 AM
Mar 2017
Mai and Sakuta make a great couple, their interaction is still the same, but it feels more intimate and fun, plus blushing Mai is the most adorable thing in the world, but it is a pity that it was repeated the same day.
Sakuta takes advantage of this phenomenon to try again to make Mai his girlfriend and the best thing is that her answers are still adorable. I love the explanations of Futaba, her explanation of "the demon of Laplace" was pretty accurate.
Sakuta did not take long to find Laplace's demon, it turns out to be Tomoe, the girl Sakuta kicked her butt on the previous arc. Sakuta achieves a fun chemistry with Tomoe. The misunderstanding that saved Tomoe hurt Sakuta in a brutal way and the worst thing is that June 27 did not repeat again.
Futaba loves Kunimi, I knew it, that uncomfortable way she looked at him and the shy way she talked to him, she is so cute. Tomoe wants Sakuta to be her fake boyfriend, so she does not have any more problems with her friend,at the beginning Sakura decline, but he feels sorry for Tomoe and he accepts.
Mai in the commercial was incredible, the funny thing is that Mai comes to see Sakuta demanding an explanation of what happened with Tomoe.
The animation of the ending change, interesting, not only appears Tomoe, but changed the environment, it is not a sunset like in Mai's version, besides the girl who sings is Tomoe's seiyuu.
I hope Mai listens to Sakuta's explanation and accepts his answer, I do not want their relationship end
Oct 25, 2018 7:06 AM
Nov 2016
The character of Mai Sakurajima just gets better and better with every episode. The actions of Mai make this the best episode yet! It takes a level of maturity to confront the person who “messed up” in a relationship. Mai coming to Sakuta at the end of the episode displays a level of trust and says “I know it was a misunderstanding” without actually saying it. The relationship between Mai and Sakuta is very endearing and so above usual highschool relationships. These are seinen romance level plot developments and it doesn’t even feel out of place.
Oct 25, 2018 7:24 AM

Apr 2016
The dude was living the same day over and over again but damn he so chill about it lmao I really like this character
Oct 25, 2018 7:31 AM

Apr 2015
matijaleader said:
Ehhh i got excited to see a time loop cause i usually always love this kind of thing in anime but the missunderstandings and "pretending we are dating" cliches kinda bothered me

I'd hardly call it a cliche when the characters themselves do not even acknowledge the issue at hand as something big.

If anything the show made fun of said cliches by turning them onto their heads.
Oct 25, 2018 7:51 AM

Jul 2015
Next eight episodes looks promising.

Oct 25, 2018 7:51 AM

May 2018
Koga's problem is basically easier than it thought. What she need to do is to choose, accept or reject, just that simple. But she ended up stack many lies just to take a short-term way to resolve it, which is just make it worse.

There's a hope from the last minute scene. I hope mai-senpai would understand about the problem.
Oct 25, 2018 8:02 AM

Apr 2018
A girl like koga is the most annoying type of girl, and she is the only thing I don't like about this episode
Thank you Japan for all the weird shit
Oct 25, 2018 8:06 AM
Aug 2013
Piromysl said:
Next eight episodes looks promising.

*next nine episodes
Oct 25, 2018 8:24 AM
Jun 2017
I just love this episode, as now the main focus of the problem is all about the time loop. Hmmm... and now its all about Lies. I really love this series... hahaha.. im so interested to see whats going to happen next...
Oct 25, 2018 8:30 AM

Apr 2015
QUICK! CALL THE THOT SLAYER

4th times getting signature banned wtf
Oct 25, 2018 8:37 AM

Apr 2013
And here we go with the Endless Eight comparisons, despite the fact this trope has been done to death in numerous shows/movies. I don't mind it but i think it's stupid how Sakuta is down with lying to the whole school for a whole semester. Surely he realizes that even if he does patch things up with Mai, he can't actively date her in public til he and his "girlfriend" break up. And she's famous, people will notice if she's spending time with him. Given how stoked he was about dating her, i can't see him putting it off for weeks just so some girl he barely knows can avoid facing one of life's problems. Stupid. This show's going downhill, hopefully it turns around cause the first three eps were great.
Oct 25, 2018 9:07 AM

Dec 2014
another heroine focus this time around... still like the nonchalant MC though lol
Oct 25, 2018 9:11 AM

Nov 2014
I have to admit I had was wary of new arc. Luckily it seems I was wrong. Can't wait for next episode and his talk with Mai.
Oct 25, 2018 9:14 AM
Apr 2018
I hope that this misunderstanding gets resolved in the next episode. I mean, if you think about it it really shouldn't be much of an issue to explain, as there are in total 3 people knowing about it, which all together could explain to Mai what's going on.
Oct 25, 2018 9:27 AM
May 2016
Fappa said:

Mod edit: added spoiler tag

I sure hope you're right. The show started marvelously, no need to bring useless melodrama or turn it into harem, and seeing that's usually what happens in anime, i still worry.

Episode was worrisome, but I think the show can still turn out good as long as there's no unnecessary plot twists.
Oct 25, 2018 9:55 AM

Mar 2017
KYON-KUN DENWA!!!!

Nothing really groundbreaking in this episode, but it was to be expected that they'd dial things back a bit after last episode. That misunderstanding was pretty bad, I had to cringe. It was a good episode though! Still liking the series so far.
Oct 25, 2018 10:00 AM

Jul 2016
Kyon-kun denwa intensifies

That gave an Endless Eight vibes.

Sakuta to play with the misunderstanding with Tomoe. At least seems like he'll clear up it to Mai on next episode.

Next episode, I wonder if there will be another loop.
Oct 25, 2018 10:28 AM

May 2018
So after that Scholer Cat shit on Mai, it's now the Laplace Devil with Koga and after that who will be next the Sister or Futaba??????
Oct 25, 2018 11:00 AM

Apr 2015
anachronic said:
I sure hope you're right. The show started marvelously, no need to bring useless melodrama or turn it into harem, and seeing that's usually what happens in anime, i still worry.

Episode was worrisome, but I think the show can still turn out good as long as there's no unnecessary plot twists.

If anything this episode showed that melodrama caused by cliches is not given any light of the day.

Neither character for even a second thought Mai's storming off was serious. Sakuta knew she was teasing him ( hence the bath scene and is overall relaxed demeanour ) and Mai was only annoyed that he didn't play along. They both know each other with their witty back & forth. Sakuta wanted to tease him with that, he didn't play along so she showed up to know the full story. They're far from any kind of drama between them.
Oct 25, 2018 11:47 AM
May 2016
Fappa said:

If anything this episode showed that melodrama caused by cliches is not given any light of the day.

Neither character for even a second thought Mai's storming off was serious. Sakuta knew she was teasing him ( hence the bath scene and is overall relaxed demeanour ) and Mai was only annoyed that he didn't play along. They both know each other with their witty back & forth. Sakuta wanted to tease him with that, he didn't play along so she showed up to know the full story. They're far from any kind of drama between them.

I know, but shows that bring around unnecessary drama usually start with little things like this. That's what makes me worry. And in fact, I'm quite ok with the teasing, I've so far liked the show. I just hope it doesn't bring useless melodrama. That's it, I'm not talking about what happened, but about what further episodes can bring.
Oct 25, 2018 12:28 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:

Mod edit: added spoiler tag

God bless. Did you read the lns in english?
Oct 25, 2018 12:53 PM

Dec 2014
its an ok episode not as great as the last 3eps
hope this arc gets better
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Oct 25, 2018 1:11 PM
Oct 2018
In my opinion this was another great episode. Mai and Sakuta's scenes together continue to be brilliant and for me was one of the highlights of the episode. I'm intrigued by the new arc and interested to see how the plot will progress in the next episode.
AlsoAGun77Oct 25, 2018 1:17 PM
Oct 25, 2018 1:23 PM
Feb 2016
So far, I've just picked up this anime randomly as I saw it here on the front page. The concept seemed quite intriguing to be honest but then I saw the development of a sci-fi undertone. So, far it feels to me that the animation, music and the characters with their emotions are great. I feel like I've been watching this from a long time although we're just 4 episodes down.
I just don't understand or admire the unnecessary scientific mumbo-jumbo. It is not how this works, but maybe that's just me because I don't understand love and quantum physics.
Oct 25, 2018 1:47 PM

Aug 2018
OK question:

Can someone explain Sakuta's monologue during his bath near the end of Ep.4?

He smiled at the end and seemed to be looking forward to Mai getting upset at him over the misunderstanding?

I think something's getting lost in translation maybe? I LOVE the show but I'm a little confused about that. Mai and Sakuta seem to be playing mental 4-dimensional chess with each other sometimes.
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 25, 2018 1:47 PM

Mar 2016
Listening to Touyama Nao's voice makes me happy. And Tomoe-chan is cute as all heck.

Every time she spoke, I'd hear the distant chant of "AYAYA"s echoing through my head.
Oct 25, 2018 1:49 PM

Aug 2014

BlackFIFA19 said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

I wonder how will they fit all that in 1 season? Are some arcs shorter than others?

Well it wont! itll be rushed, although volume 1 they adapted magnificently, im really hoping they wont ruin it and keep this quality, every volume(arc) is 360+ pages with volume 5 being the longest in the entire series with 400+ pages.

how many volumes are out there? also is the series finished?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Oct 25, 2018 2:23 PM

Feb 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:

BlackFIFA19 said:

Well it wont! itll be rushed, although volume 1 they adapted magnificently, im really hoping they wont ruin it and keep this quality, every volume(arc) is 360+ pages with volume 5 being the longest in the entire series with 400+ pages.

9 Volumes(ongoing)
Oct 25, 2018 2:34 PM

Aug 2014
BlackFIFA19 said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

9 Volumes(ongoing)

is it like monogatari? the first 5 arcs are mainly introductions while the rest is making them shine and develop more?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Oct 25, 2018 2:40 PM
Jul 2012
I was ready for an Endless eight. Disappointed and relieved at the same time
Oct 25, 2018 4:19 PM

May 2018
Somehow this episode is slowly becoming Monogatari Series which I really love.

I enjoy the show so far, I would like to see some more interesting episodes.

Oct 25, 2018 6:48 PM

Apr 2015
Spannerhead said:
OK question:

He smiled at the end and seemed to be looking forward to Mai getting upset at him over the misunderstanding?

I think something's getting lost in translation maybe? I LOVE the show but I'm a little confused about that. Mai and Sakuta seem to be playing mental 4-dimensional chess with each other sometimes.

Alright since some people do not seem to get it and write it off as a cliche move by the story.

Basically neither Mai or Sakuta believed this misunderstanding to be anything threatening to their relationship for even one second.

As soon as Mai witnessed it she made Sakuta run after her cause she knew she had something to tease him for now and since Sakuta very much knows how Mai ticks by now, he was fully aware that this is what she's doing. Remember, they always want to have the upper hand in their witty banter. This is why Sakuta was in no rush to clear up this supposed misunderstanding cause he knew Mai was not the person to emotionally overreact to this and jump to conclusions.

This brings us to the bath scene which pretty much encapsulates everything I said above. The only thing that the could think about was not how he saves his relationship ( cause there is nothing to save it from ) but how fun it will be to see Mai having a blast when she teases him for the absurd situation he is in. He knows that this is what she's after and he loves to see her have fun when she teases him, especially after getting reminded of it by the TV spot.

At the end Mai pretty much got frustrated that her move did not work out cause Sakuta did not play into it so she showed up at his place.

There is no melodrama or really any drama at all cause not even the characters involved even treat it as such. It's just another turn in their little game of chess that they're playing with each other.
Oct 25, 2018 7:07 PM
Apr 2018
Sakuta is stuck in a sticky situation lmao. He should've apologized to Mai right away. I was so happy when Mai answered his confession.

This arc is good but I can't come to like Tomoe yet. She's just gonna make Mai misunderstand.

But you just gotta love Sakuta's reaction to the time loop. He was so calm. lol
Oct 25, 2018 7:22 PM

Aug 2018
Fappa said:
Spannerhead said:
OK question:

Alright since some people do not seem to get it and write it off as a cliche move by the story.

Basically neither Mai or Sakuta believed this misunderstanding to be anything threatening to their relationship for even one second.

As soon as Mai witnessed it she made Sakuta run after her cause she knew she had something to tease him for now and since Sakuta very much knows how Mai ticks by now, he was fully aware that this is what she's doing. Remember, they always want to have the upper hand in their witty banter. This is why Sakuta was in no rush to clear up this supposed misunderstanding cause he knew Mai was not the person to emotionally overreact to this and jump to conclusions.

This brings us to the bath scene which pretty much encapsulates everything I said above. The only thing that the could think about was not how he saves his relationship ( cause there is nothing to save it from ) but how fun it will be to see Mai having a blast when she teases him for the absurd situation he is in. He knows that this is what she's after and he loves to see her have fun when she teases him, especially after getting reminded of it by the TV spot.

At the end Mai pretty much got frustrated that her move did not work out cause Sakuta did not play into it so she showed up at his place.

There is no melodrama or really any drama at all cause not even the characters involved even treat it as such. It's just another turn in their little game of chess that they're playing with each other.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't think it's cliche at all; I'm just trying to wrap my head around the characters and their responses.

If Sakuta doesn't feel like the misunderstanding threatens the relationship, why did he immediately run after Mai and seem very earnest in his explanation in the hallway that it was a misunderstanding? Was he just trying to fake her out?

Seems to me that if he were so confident that the relationship wasn't threatened, he would have just let her walk away...
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 25, 2018 9:45 PM

Dec 2016
"It's a misunderstanding!"

*door shuts*

lmaoooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Yesterday, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.