Forum Settings
Forums

Do you hate people who hate your favorite anime?

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
May 4, 2020 4:48 PM

Dec 2018
FbK536 said:
I hope you’ll understand.

Old thread so I'll answer this to your old self.
No I won't understand. This is so petty jesus christ. I've been through this "recommending an anime to friend and they dropped it because they didn't like it" circumstances countless time and honestly, it's their choice that I wouldn't care too much. As I read your comment, it felt like you were shoving your ass onto him, imposing something he didn't feel like doing. If the man hates it then just move on. The only thing I understand is your eagerness and excitement. But if it doesn't turn out the way you want to, especially if it's for his own entertainment, then don't make me disgusted like that. Dude's face isn't disgusting. You were.
. . .
May 4, 2020 4:55 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
if they are SJWs/PC people, then FUCK YES i hate them
May 4, 2020 4:56 PM

Mar 2020
I don't care if people hate my favourite anime, as long as it isn't a reason that they hate me, as far as I'm concerned, that's ok.
May 4, 2020 4:59 PM

Aug 2016
I don't hate people who are wrong, I just pray that they get to the right side someday.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
May 4, 2020 8:04 PM

Oct 2017
yes hxh haters are my enemies    

May 4, 2020 8:06 PM

Apr 2020
SirFreud said:

Then I guess fate has made us enemies, my guy.
May 4, 2020 8:16 PM

Aug 2018
Of my top 3 faves, my bf hates idolish7 but not haikyuu and gintama; it's kind of expected since he's clearly not the target group for the first one. Ofc I don't hate him for that, lmao. On the other hand it's not like every single person who likes your favourite anime are nice, likable people that automatically deserves to be liked just because you have the same interests.
May 4, 2020 8:20 PM

Dec 2018
Hate is a strong word for something like that. I will say though if there were 2 people you could talk to about your favourite anime, one that hates it and one that likes it, it obvious whose going to be more fun to talk to. It’s also annoying when all the person does is complain about your favourite anime. Just goes back to the point of don’t talk to them about it then. Talk to people who enjoy your favourite anime and whom you can have fun discussions with. You don’t need to hate the person.
NuggeyMay 4, 2020 8:40 PM
Meow meow meow meow and meow shogi, meow meow meow meow and meow shogi.

Taking one step a time, I work and try my best.
Though I'm the weakest of the bunch,
Expect from me a good paw punch!
Meow meow pawn, meow shogi.

May 4, 2020 8:29 PM

Dec 2019
Nah fam i couldn't care less, i like what i like for a reason.
                                                         🖤   

May 4, 2020 8:31 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Sure. Nobody worth a shit ever hated To LOVE-Ru.

One hundred percent as people, too. Not just their opinion, but their entire existence is pretty contempt worthy.

May 4, 2020 8:33 PM

Jul 2019
I have friends who dont like some of my favorite animes but it's okay because everyone has different tastes and they dont rub it in my face or make fun of me. But yes I would hate that person if they consistently talk bad about it and insult me. I get that not everyone will like the same animes but you don't have to be a dick about it.
May 4, 2020 8:38 PM

Oct 2017
Salty-GB said:
SirFreud said:

Then I guess fate has made us enemies, my guy.

I recall you being one of the degenerates in that cgdct thread...as expected, tragic taste !

May 4, 2020 8:38 PM

Apr 2020
Manaban said:
Sure. Nobody worth a shit ever hated To LOVE-Ru.

One hundred percent as people, too. Not just their opinion, but their entire existence is pretty contempt worthy.

Dude I don't watch that ecchi junk and even I like To LOVE-Ru. I don't think it's possible to dislike it.
May 4, 2020 9:55 PM
May 2020
I Don't care. Manage your own bussiness
May 4, 2020 10:54 PM

Oct 2019
It honestly depends on their reasoning for dislike. If they start making ridiculous statements or spreading toxicity, then I become very annoyed.

I try not to point out their flawed logic (if there is any) because that just breeds more ill-will and the cycle goes on and on...but sometimes people are so moronic that I can't help but to tell them just so.
May 4, 2020 11:09 PM

Mar 2017
I wouldn’t HATE someone who hates a favorite of mine, but that’s not exactly winning me over either. I mean, I’d be hesitant to be your friend if you open a conversation with “So about that shit anime K-On!” Needless to say it’s not a good first impression.
May 4, 2020 11:12 PM

Mar 2020
I hate these moralfag self righteous brainlets with passion

Also liking my favorite anime(s) for the wrong reasons is as bad as hating it
May 5, 2020 1:24 AM

Jul 2016
Honestly don't mind,but i wouldn't go out of my way to friend request them or attempt to start a conversation with them.It's more fun to talk to people with common interests.
May 5, 2020 1:35 AM

Jul 2016
FbK536 said:
cuxp said:
hate the people who think one piece is bad because of how long and 'stretched' it is as their sole reason for disliking the series even though they've never watched/read it

I know those people. “One Piece is so long that it doesn’t have a story”. Yeah i’ve heard this. I’ve seen them compare it with Death Note saying it has a full story and One Piece just keeps making things up. Funny thing is that they haven’t even watced it. One Piece is terribly slow and i want it to be. And manga is just great.

Comparing One piece with Death note is wack lol,they aren't even the same type of story.It seems like people will find any excuse they can to shit on it.
May 5, 2020 4:11 AM
Jul 2018
Only if they talk shit about my show, otherwise I expect them to do the same I do and keep it to themselves.
May 5, 2020 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
I wouldn't hate them because anyone has their own taste. But if they behave rude with me that's the moment I unsheathe my katana, just as @romagia said
May 5, 2020 4:33 AM

Apr 2019
hate the sin, not the sinner

It surely doesn't feel pleasant to see your fav anime being hated, but just like it is your fav and not something else, somebody else has their fav. Not much to judge over except being sad about it

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
May 5, 2020 4:33 AM

Jan 2013
Not necessarily but I do hate people who hate my favorite characters. Especially Rem.
May 5, 2020 4:40 AM

May 2019

Why would someone do that? If that person has a good reason to hate it its ok for me and i can understand it... but if his only argument is "Its long" i dont care about that opinions :D
May 5, 2020 5:01 AM

Feb 2013
Ate_na said:
I wouldn't hate them because anyone has their own taste. But if they behave rude with me that's the moment I unsheathe my katana, just as @romagia said
=))) i cant believe this thread still exists
i was such a young and innocent tadpole back then... nowadays i only give them a stern warning
May 5, 2020 6:01 AM
Jul 2018
romagia said:
Ate_na said:
i was such a young and innocent tadpole back then... nowadays i only give them a stern warning

Nothing ever leaves the internet :p
May 5, 2020 6:06 AM
Aug 2018
Not really its just people have different preferences but if they started trashtalking my fave, imma fucking hate u
May 5, 2020 6:49 AM
Sep 2019
i mean fuuka is one of my top fav's but i can see why people hate it, so if someone were to ever come up to me and talk about how they hate it i'd just ignore them, because in the end, my opinion is more important and i can care less
"to deceive your enemy, you must deceive those close to you first."
May 5, 2020 6:15 PM

Jul 2015
obviously i dont know them so i wouldnt for sure be able to say i hate them, however, there is a pretty good chance that if i got to know somebody who hated gintama i would probably at least dislike them.. lol..
anime enjoyer
May 5, 2020 6:16 PM
Apr 2016
Rather than hate I show compassion and pity them just like... of all people, Pullman, mentioned. I want for them to see the folly of their ways and see the truth I believe to be True.
Re:formed
May 5, 2020 7:47 PM

Oct 2017
Not really, no. They like what they like and I like what I like, it simply means we have different opinions. Getting all worked up just because someone hates something you like is a big waste of time, it might make me curious about what aspect they didn't like about it but that's about where my interaction with them ends.

I also think that the word "Haters" is very annoying because it implies that the person in question doesn't have a valid reason to dislike said thing, which in VERY rare cases they could be hating something just for the sake of hating it but 9 times out of 10, people do have an actual reason for not liking something.
May 5, 2020 7:54 PM

May 2016
nah its cool. pretty much everyone I know who watches anime doesn't love my favorite which is cool. I like discussing what we did and didn't like that's the fun. then if I don't like their favorite we can chat about stuff and they can try to explain things that from my perspective were bad but from theirs were great
May 5, 2020 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
FbK536 said:
What pissed me off was that i watched his favorite anime when he didn’t watch my anime.

I think expecting your friend to finish an entire anime, when they don't enjoy it, especially one that is outrageously long as Gintama, is selfish.

FbK536 said:
And i don’t even bring it up. Why? Because i can’t bear him saying that he hates it.

You didn't have anything to do with the creation of Gintama. Anime is entertainment; a product; unless you made the product, then it doesn't make sense to be offended by what people say about a product.

Which is why I've never hated anyone who hates my favorite anime. Do I feel slightly bummed out? Yeah, I do end up wishing they liked what I liked. But oh well; we all have different tastes; that's what's great.

aisakafuyumi said:
I try not to point out their flawed logic (if there is any)

Now...I don't know you. I haven't seen your interactions with other people. So I'm not going to judge you.
But the people I know on this site who get into arguments, usually justify their behavior, in a way that appears reasonable from an outsider's perspective.
Example:
Person X picks fights and hurls insults at anyone who insults their favorite anime.
Person X then tells Person Y that they're hated because they "speak their mind" (even though there's a fine line between honesty and being rude).
I'm just curious if this is a similar case with you. I'm not trying to come off as condescending (if I do, I'm sorry); it's just that I often hear too many people on this site use false justification to justify condescending behavior.
removed-userMay 5, 2020 8:02 PM
May 5, 2020 7:57 PM

Jun 2019
No. I hate people who cant respect my opinion tho and bash me for it.
May 5, 2020 8:00 PM

Sep 2011
Given Clannad is my most favorite anime, it would feel like I had too much time in my hands once I start hating those who hate Clannad.

May 5, 2020 8:19 PM
Dec 2017
nope, that's not a reason to hate someone.
my favourites are Konosuba, One Piece, Angel beats.
I don't really care if someone hates those anime, most of the time I don't even argue with them.
if I did that I won't enjoy anime as much
May 5, 2020 8:32 PM

Oct 2019
RealTheAbsurdist said:

aisakafuyumi said:
I try not to point out their flawed logic (if there is any)

Now...I don't know you. I haven't seen your interactions with other people. So I'm not going to judge you.
But the people I know on this site who get into arguments, usually justify their behavior, in a way that appears reasonable from an outsider's perspective.
Example:
Person X picks fights and hurls insults at anyone who insults their favorite anime.
Person X then tells Person Y that they're hated because they "speak their mind" (even though there's a fine line between honesty and being rude).
I'm just curious if this is a similar case with you. I'm not trying to come off as condescending (if I do, I'm sorry); it's just that I often hear too many people on this site use false justification to justify condescending behavior.

No, that's perfectly fair! Your example is what I see all the time on this site. If someone were to 'insult' my favourite anime, I wouldn't just sit back and let them steamroll all over it. Rather, I'd invite them to have a discussion about the characters, the plot, the development, or the setting and ask what it is that specifically did not appeal to them.

If you didn't like it, I'm okay with it! It's just as you said, you can be honest without being rude. Perhaps the genre didn't appeal to you. Perhaps the characters were not relatable or the plot pacing was too slow/too fast. I think what I meant by 'flawed logic' is, for example, if you called a show bland, one-dimensional or terrible when it's widely regarded as a classic or a masterpiece, then I find it to be a bit dodgy.

Again, that might be your personal preference and it may not suit you, but there are some core aspects of the show that you can acknowledge to be true despite not having enjoyed it. I guess the simplest way to say it is - don't be toxic. Toxicity on this site is just an awful cycle that never ends.
sashimisoMay 5, 2020 8:37 PM
May 5, 2020 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
@aisakafuyumi

I'm glad I didn't offend you. I try my best to be honest without coming off as condescending.
I agree, in that even if you don't like an anime, you can (if you're able to) find positive things to say about it.
However, the truth is, most people, are not willing to justify why they like/dislike something; because they don't believe it's worth using their time for it. And I don't think that's a bad thing.
Like, if you ask the average MAL user why they liked/dislike anime X, they'll probably write 3 paragraphs breaking down their reasoning.
But in real life, most people are not interested in thinking that hard; kinda like how I can't justify why I don't like rainbow ice cream; I just don't.
What I'm basically trying to say is; don't expect everyone, or maybe even most people for that matter, to justify why they like/dislike something in a way that will satisfy you.
May 5, 2020 9:27 PM

Oct 2019
@RealTheAbsurdist

Of course I wouldn't be offended, don't worry about it. I'm always happy to share thoughts back and forth with someone else.

Yes, that's true as well. I don't look for justification and I'm not saying people should. However, it's as you said, on this platform and on threads like these, many people will ask questions to understand the other person's perspective. If you dislike my favourite anime and you're not willing to say why, that's alright, but I don't think you can't expect people not to @ you if you post "Steins;Gate is awful and I hated it", "The characters in FMAB suck and I thought Edward was a loser".

I may not be satisfied with their answer, but it can still incite meaningful discussion at times. Though honestly, if I'm being really honest, most of the time that doesn't happen and it just results with a screaming match between die-hard fans and the ones with unpopular opinions. Kind of a shame.
May 5, 2020 10:22 PM

May 2015
Someone: I hate your favorite anime
Me *draws dragon slayer* say what again?!
May 5, 2020 11:23 PM

Dec 2013
Nope. People have different opinions. And as long as they are not forcing their opinions to me or to make me hate what I like.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 5, 2020 11:44 PM

Aug 2017
No, as long they accept my tastes and doesn't bother me. When talking about my friends, I like to watch my favorite anime or theirs with them, because even if we don't like each others favs, we still have a lots of fun, meanwhile "satirize" them most of the time without being disrespectful to each other.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2020 2:18 AM
Oct 2018
[quote=FbK536 message=56050994]
Taylor_Mk said:
It doesn't really bother me, unless they dropped it mid-way through and didn't watch enough to appreciate the series

so, if someone dislikes a series he has to watch it to end only to say that he disliked? hell fucking no, thats like saying that you cant say that you dislike a youtuber unless you have seen all his videos
May 6, 2020 2:44 AM

Jul 2019
I don't hate it but I am a bit dissapointed. Once some person who had fucking DItF in his favourites and he came to me and said my taste is trash because I have JoJo DIU in my favourites.
May 6, 2020 2:50 AM

Nov 2019
JoJos is life change my mind. Nah but seriously it is sad that many use the fandom as a reason to not watch it when it is just a really fun series.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
May 6, 2020 3:31 AM

Feb 2013
Ate_na said:
romagia said:

Nothing ever leaves the internet :p
ackshually.. there are no references on the whole wide web to my very first forum account on A+ forums (A+ was the very first anime tv block in romania)
May 6, 2020 3:59 AM

Mar 2015
No I only hate the people who like my favorite anime.
May 6, 2020 4:09 AM

Sep 2019
I don't because everyone has their own tastes in anime.
I just hate their taste
May 6, 2020 4:10 AM

Jul 2019
In the contrary I find it intriguing especially if there are anime we both like.
May 6, 2020 4:23 AM
Jul 2019
No I don't, unless they keep telling to like something else cause it's trash in their eyes.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 4 hours ago

14 by LoveYourEyes »»
14 seconds ago

» What are you watching right now??

Nashiro18 - Apr 21

42 by Zedlin »»
9 minutes ago

» What old anime could become popular today?

W3TFT - Apr 18

22 by Zedlin »»
10 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

45 by Zedlin »»
11 minutes ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 4 hours ago

9 by MeguSae38 »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.