Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2018 7:31 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sanji's fluffy cake that almost floated away reminds of something out of Toriko
I love how Brulee was just chilling out until Luffy pushed her through the mirror LOL
I also loved the song for the Territory Slugs <3
Oct 20, 2018 8:39 PM

Oct 2015
Sanji is really charming Pudding's pants, and that cream apparently is to die for.

Those slugs being taken away like that and its all thanks to Aladdin and Praline, Jimbei's former crew is awesome.

Luffy seeing and taking away Brulee like that was funny, If I was her I would've screamed "he's here momma" but she got awestruck.

Good episode, if Katakuri didn't point out he was getting smaller he would've lost right away. Lucky!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 20, 2018 8:42 PM

Jul 2016
I am not really enjoying the Katakuri fight.

It is just Luffy getting his ass kicked over and over again. Is really giving the sense that Luffy is invulnerable.
Oct 20, 2018 9:31 PM

Dec 2009
Pudding really wants to try Sanji's cream
Oct 20, 2018 9:48 PM

Dec 2014
Still in love with the op...the episdoe was also nice..so much is going on here
Oct 21, 2018 1:11 AM

Sep 2014
Eh pretty boring episode. The random encounter between Luffy and Brulee was the only good part in this.
Oct 21, 2018 2:13 AM

Jun 2015
Damn luffy got lucky.
Oct 21, 2018 2:46 AM

Jul 2016
I think Luffy needs a new technique, because he always needs a break of 10 minutes to restore is haki when he is fighting using gear fourth bounce man. First against doffy, then Cracker and now katakuri.

Luck can not always be on your side
Oct 21, 2018 3:24 AM

Aug 2017
the face luffy made was just too funny
Oct 21, 2018 3:43 AM

Nov 2016
This was just a decent episode, anime made this too slow.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 21, 2018 3:51 AM

Feb 2013
Brulee saved his ass.
That song was funny, the slugs have a day off, cool.
Oct 21, 2018 3:59 AM

Oct 2015
HikenAce078 said:
I think Luffy needs a new technique, because he always needs a break of 10 minutes to restore is haki when he is fighting using gear fourth bounce man. First against doffy, then Cracker and now katakuri.

He doesn't need a new technique, he just needs to get stronger. Remember when gear 3rd was introduced? He shrank to the size of a child. Later it wasn't an issue anymore. I think sooner or later he'll be able to handle gear 4th much better.

--

I almost completely forgot that Luffy escapes using Brulee in the manga. That's a ridiculous scene.
Oct 21, 2018 4:30 AM

Dec 2013
Luffy smiling after noticing Brûlée was hilarious.
Oct 21, 2018 5:01 AM

Feb 2018
These episodes are killing me.. that smile Luffy did when he found Brulee was funny though
Oct 21, 2018 5:08 AM

Nov 2015
Brulee proving once again, she is - together with Brook - the MVP of this arc
Oct 21, 2018 5:57 AM
May 2018
I did not realise Katakuri has such a wide arsenal of techniques, the guy is tooooo strong wow. Luffy's will power is ridiculous man, ability wise there's almost no comparison Katakuri is far superior but my man Luffy always finds a way loool. I forgot Brulee still existed, that scene was hilarious.
Oct 21, 2018 6:01 AM
May 2018
I did not realise Katakuri has such a wide arsenal of techniques, the guy is tooooo strong wow. Luffy's will power is ridiculous man, ability wise there's almost no comparison Katakuri is far superior but my man Luffy
Oct 21, 2018 7:12 AM

Jul 2016
Slim_Lamie said:
HikenAce078 said:

He doesn't need a new technique, he just needs to get stronger. Remember when gear 3rd was introduced? He shrank to the size of a child. Later it wasn't an issue anymore. I think sooner or later he'll be able to handle gear 4th much better.

--

I almost completely forgot that Luffy escapes using Brulee in the manga. That's a ridiculous scene.

Yeah you are right a new technique isn´t actually necessary, but I hope he will handle gear 4th much better in the future because he needs that to compete against a yonko level.
Oct 21, 2018 9:34 AM

Oct 2018
Linlin is annoying
Oct 21, 2018 11:01 AM

Jun 2017
How weird this may sound I'm kinda glad the fight is over because let's be honest,I mean there is no way Luffy can pull this off unless he wins through a means that does not make any sense. If the fight does continue it needs to be away from the mirror world,no way he's going to lose his cool in a place where only them 2 are,if he can see his family members hurting maybe he can lose his cool,but in the mirror world he won't lose it again,knowing him getting hurt in the first place was because of him losing cool..
CHECK OUT YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR GREATNESS : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjBB704NbCItpMA7VhSQmQg
Oct 21, 2018 12:29 PM

May 2018
When Luffy found Bruele i was making the same face as him.I mean come on talk about timing and few moments later o boy enjoy peanut isle with big Mom :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2018 1:47 PM

May 2013
Katakuri let his guard down again.

Oct 21, 2018 3:31 PM

Jul 2013
Nothing to special happened. Luffy really got his ass kicked and his time with Gear 4 was over. Atm that's a big problem for him not being able to use Haki when he was in Gear 4.

Fortunately for him he found Brulee. Luffys face made me laugh because he knew he could get out of the mirror world. Unfortunately Luffy landed on nuts island where Big Mom was searching for the wedding cake :D

In the meantime Aladdins wife was able to control all the snails which made it normally impossible to escape out of Big Moms territory. Also all the ingredients for the wedding cake got finished and now they want to get done with it on the ship.

Next episode seems to have the fight between Sanji and Oven in focus. I wonder how long it will take until Luffy fight with Katakuri will continue.

Oct 21, 2018 8:01 PM

Feb 2015
Luffy is still fighting with Katakuri, through the fight he realized that he needed to rest from Gear 4 so he started runnning from Katakuri, in the middle of this he found Brulee wasting her time sitting in the floor, so Luffy used her to get out of Mirror World. But what a surprise that he ended in Nut Island, the island that Big Mom is actually invading. Also, the sun pirates are attracting the sea slugs to avoid the sea ubication and control that Big Mom's pirates have. Sanji, Pudding and Chiffon are finishing their cake.

Normal episode, Luffy's fight is so paused, he constantly needs to rest against a rival like that. Brulee encounter's scene was very hilarious, Luffy's face hahahahah. What a trash of luck that Luffy has, ending in Nut Island, why not in Cocoa Island. After all that I think that is gonna be very hard for the villains to find each one of the three pirate bands.
Oct 22, 2018 9:08 AM

Nov 2012
Vindicater said:
I am not really enjoying the Katakuri fight.

It is just Luffy getting his ass kicked over and over again. Is really giving the sense that Luffy is invulnerable.

In the manga he had it pretty bad too, but the anime dials up the brutality to 11 with extended filler scenes of Katakuri gatling gunning Luffy left and right, whereas the manga showed scenes of the fight while switching to other stuff.
Oct 22, 2018 9:35 AM

May 2017
ok luffy, now you just have to kill brulee and the mochi man is stuck in the mirror world.
Oct 24, 2018 5:30 AM

Jul 2008
Luffy's face when he saw Brulee....priceless.
Oct 26, 2018 5:13 AM

May 2018
Damn, it's so slow. I hope they'll finally escape Big Mom by the fall 2019 lol

Oct 28, 2018 12:34 PM

Apr 2013
Brulee is seriously the most valuable member of the Straw Hats at this point.
Oct 30, 2018 10:25 AM

Jan 2013
Lmao, Luffy's face the moment he saw Branch ... I mean Brulee and knew he had a way out :D
Unfortunate he ended up on Nuts Island though.
I love Mont'dOr's voice actor :D

Also isnt it kinda weird for Sanji to just keep confirming he's with the Strawhat Pirates and even mentioning taking down Big Mom when the chefs can hear him just fine? - Pretty sure Pudding didnt edit that.
Nov 10, 2018 5:51 AM
Jun 2015
didn't big mom kill that person behind
Nov 14, 2018 5:29 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao that scene with Brulee was hilarious
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 4, 2018 7:30 AM

Jul 2013
I just can't take Luffy and Katakuri's fight seriously I mean it looks good aesthetically yeah especially in the previous 2 episodes but I just feel like they're just having fun and it's not serious. Unlike Luffy and Doflamingo's fight, that shit was intense.
Feb 3, 2019 3:33 AM
Jun 2015
Dat fluffy jiggly cake tho...
Apr 20, 2019 5:01 AM

May 2010
I guess we need break in a middle of prelonged fight now, sigh!
Sep 28, 2019 4:01 PM

Mar 2010
Lol at brulee sitting there.
Jan 18, 2020 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
Luffy really needs to manage his Gear 4 properly. That 10-minute cooldown his technique provides isn't something to look forward to. Especially against emperor level opponents that will surely come soon. Although I did take note of the fact he isn't as tired as he was when he ran out of Haki against his fight with Doflamingo. That's an improvement at least.

Woooow, of all the places to end up in Luffy. You just had to arrive at nut island where a rampaging Big Mom is clearly wide in front of you with some of her children aka officers. No Haki no nothing. From the frying pan straight to the fire.

The Sun Pirates coming in with the distraction. Good job. What hardworking underlings Jinbei has.
removed-userJan 18, 2020 12:16 PM
Aug 10, 2020 1:44 AM

Jun 2016
This episode went from making me genuinely frustrated to seeing the wrong of my ways but still being a little salty. I'll start with my initial reaction. While reflecting on my feelings towards the Katakuri fight, I thought about how on top of the clumsy and slow pacing of this fight, taking a questionable amount of time to get to engaging ground dragging behind our expectations, there's something slightly more insidious. As I initially stated when going into this battle, I do not have an emotional stake in this. I have no hard feelings for Katakuri, nor do I think his relationship with Luffy is a meaningful one. This fight may turn into something deeply personal for the characters, but at the moment it's not much more than a fight to me. A slow and tedious fight, one where I would be totally content with Luffy running away. Where I was looking forward to an engaging and fascinating fight based on mechanics unique to Katakuri, I haven't gotten that either. With the clumsiness of this encounter, and a lack of emotional or engaging weight, I feel like what was created is exactly what many One Piece fans distance themselves from within shounen. Where One Piece fans often say they enjoy the series, not for the battles, but for the characters, because it's very emotional and character-driven, this fight hasn't been that so far, nor has it been a good battle. What it has is two characters running at, yelling, and punching each other without a great feeling of advancement or substance. This fight feels like what people imagine when they describe bad shounen, obviously this is only my opinion.

But then to go from this feeling of a stereotypically boring battle shounen where the crux of the matter is monotonous fighting between characters without a great reason while we wait for the good guy to win, we then cut to another Sanji and Pudding joke which has already gotten old, and then we cut to Big Mom yelling “cakie!!” while she does what we already knew she was doing, the only new information was a detailed look at Nuts island. Yeah, I was getting seriously frustrated seeing how redundant and meandering everything felt.

However, that was when everything started to come together. With a great flow, we see the panic of Mom’s forces as they cannot track down their enemies and they don't understand why. We see Bege getting one of his lovably depraved smiles realizing the situation and heading towards his beloved wife. With some new information we pan directly down into the ocean and see firsthand what has been stopping the tracking, that is Aladdin and his girl, the Sun pirates! We have been ignorant to the plan enacted by Jimbei’s friends and seeing it come to light with this fun flow was a pretty great moment! We even got a jiggle from shark waifu.

But that's something small right? We cut back to Katakuri and what we witness is Luffy losing energy and running away for ten more minutes. To add on to the building feeling that this fight is the epitome of what One Piece tends not to be, we have the cheesy ten minute debuff occur, the one I particularly dislike. Yeah sure, this episode at least had something really fun but it still sucks, or so I thought. But then Luffy ran into Brulee and in a hysterical moment, Luffy takes hold of her and changes the entire environment. Still, it's not much on itself, but then we hear the chaos going on and it sinks in that the redundant Big Mom scene from earlier was incredibly important. Luffy has appeared in the midst of her hunger pangs. This created a wonderful sense of flow throughout the episode which even made the boring scenes feel coherent and surprising, connecting everything. To top it off Sanji and Pudding are finally ready to leave that kitchen.

Hopefully I have expressed the rollercoaster of an episode this was for me, and I would like to end by saying although the redundancy leading to me feeling jaded or irritated ended up being subverted, I still hold the position I take with the Katakuri fight. It began so exciting and it had so many prospects, not to say there weren't good moments, but I am super disappointed by what has happened.
Aug 12, 2021 11:44 PM

Sep 2015
The Mochi doughnuts move is actually smart, because Katakuri won't be the one thats affected by the impact of Luffy's punches. If I were to be in Totto land, Nuts Island would proabably be the only one I go to since it's not sugar xD And could we also appreciate how cool Bege's ship is?

Katakuri ceases every opportunity Luffy can get, no wonder he remained undefeated

AND THAT BRULEE ENCOUNTER THOUGH!! Luffy's happy face was just too good xD

I want to eat the cake Sanji baked ! Looks so good
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 24, 2021 4:39 AM

Jun 2019
Sanji... just give Pudding your cream already. LOL
Sep 5, 2021 10:35 PM

Aug 2021
Fuck Luffy had to chose a mirror to nuts Island lmao
So escaping big mom for 10 minutes now
Oct 25, 2021 7:10 PM
May 2016
I figured Luffy could just "defeat" Katakuri by trapping him in the mirror world by finding Brulee (one could also murder Brulee to ensure this op beast is never a problem again). Was surprised when that actually ended up happening, though I’m sure he’ll want to settle things with Katakuri physically.
Smartzombie47Oct 25, 2021 7:15 PM
Dec 28, 2021 10:05 AM

May 2016
Luffy's face lighting up when he came across Brulee was hilarious. He killed two birds with one stone by finding his one way out of there and the only way he can throw Katakuri off his game.

I need to try that cake out!

Jun 4, 2022 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
every scene between sanji and pudding is great I hope they'll end up together in the end

luffy's face was really funny when he ran into brulee and big mom is getting really annoying I want to see katakuri
removed-userAug 13, 2022 5:18 AM
Jun 30, 2022 7:15 PM

Jan 2012
This is right around where I put the manga on indefinite hold, just after it actually, so I can't say for sure if it would feel the same way reading it there, but Luffy getting saved by Brulee here felt rather cheap and convenient in a way One Piece is usually better than...if that makes sense. Sure we knew she was still around listening and whatnot, but this was just groan-worthy, funny Luffy smile meme or no funny Luffy smile meme. It's needed for the plot I guess so whatever...It's just...like I said, One Piece is usually above this sort of artificial convenience for the sake of moving the plot along, at least I think it is, but oh well.
Feb 28, 2023 3:45 PM
Aug 2021
How many times does Nami change outfits like damn😂😂. Idk where she finds the time. Luffy smile when he saw B was 2 funny😂😂😂😂 Bro looked so devious😂
Feb 7, 4:29 PM
Jan 2024
a lot of fillers throughout the whole anime but its worth the watch. not like ur gonna watch the whole anime again so might as well endure every episode right?
Mar 6, 1:55 AM
Oct 2019
Luffy face when he saw Brulee 😄 ☺️
Brulee MVP lol

If Gear Four wasn't enough to defeat Katakuri, idk what Luffy gonna do after this.

Pudding want to try Sanji' Cream 😏
May 3, 9:42 AM
Feb 2022
From all the places, Luffy lands in the island that Big Mom is. I like when Praline appears.

Spanish translation:
De todos los lugares, Luffy aterriza en la isla donde está Big Mom. Me gusta cuando aparece Praline.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Dec 18, 2010

118 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 239 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

37 by KonokoAsada »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 429 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kage-bunshin - Dec 5, 2009

53 by bakakisima »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1105 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 18

54 by Azuchi »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaizokuou - Nov 20, 2009

68 by Ratris_Decision »»
Today, 3:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.