Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2018 11:59 AM
Mar 2018
Why that sorceress dressed like a slut?
I guess to emphasize how brutal and unforgiving that world pffffffahahahha
Oct 20, 2018 12:10 PM
Oct 2014
Great build-up episode. Love seeing the camaraderie without too many jokes forced into it.
Oct 20, 2018 12:11 PM

Nov 2016
Another best girl has appeared, she's so hot.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 20, 2018 12:12 PM

Nov 2010
After reading some part of the manga i have to say they took a slow approach and now finally the best three are in the game. The chemistry between the dwarv and the elf is just hilarious and lizard man is quite a unique character himself and after two episodes of mainly generic 'new priestess' and single minded goblin slayer we finally get to the goods.
Also the badass shot with that freaking skilled party walking toward the nest was quite epic, because this party really can fuck some shit up (and the goblins get also better and more so they need to, it really ups the stakes without going away from goblins).
HaXXspetten said:
I'm still wondering if the whole anime is only going to be about slaying goblins or not, because if it is then it's going to be difficult maintaining some sort of freshness to the narrative in the long run. New characters is a good start but we'll see how long they can make it last

I was interested in the manga so i read a bit into it and yes, it is about just slaying goblins, but as they said in this episode before, those goblins are also connected to a lot of other stuff going on.

Oct 20, 2018 12:20 PM

Aug 2014
Same energy...
Oct 20, 2018 12:21 PM

Oct 2018
Good episode. Really love the new dynamics they have going between the party characters. Looking forward to seeing how they interact. This whole series is really looking like it was made during a tabletop campaign. Getting a good vibe from it.
Oct 20, 2018 12:27 PM
Sep 2016
The team is finally together yay! The drunk High-elf scene was hilarious. Seems like the priestess is starting to be able to read Goblin Slayer emotions. I'm gonna start to read the manga as i'm really curious. Might also get the light novel when i can.
Oct 20, 2018 12:35 PM

Dec 2017
oh god, why the rock tune at the end? it would be better to hear something epic, not badass, not with a setting like this

so far it look really dull and generic, somehow this just flew over my mind while i was reading manga
Oct 20, 2018 12:40 PM
Sep 2016
i can't wait the slaying begin.

Oct 20, 2018 12:45 PM

Feb 2012
Goblin Slayers' interactions with everyone was really entertaining. It's goblins or nothing. I'm liking these new characters. Elf archer drunk was amusing. She might be new best girl. Looking forward to seeing this party in action next episode.
Oct 20, 2018 12:58 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Everyone complaining about it being generic, LOL...as if there was anything truly original being shown this season.

Goblin Slayer is a good old fashioned vigilante in a single minded quest for revenge. It's all about killing them goblins and that's fine with me. I hope he stays that way and we get no character development whatsoever.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 20, 2018 1:16 PM
Sep 2018
Noooooo it ended too soon, well we at least know the next episode is going to be action packed and hopefully gruesome. I love how the dwarf gets GS, the one person to not criticise him or make fun of him, he sees why he chooses and keeps the armor and weponry that he has. In GS's mind "Finally someone who understands" lol
Oct 20, 2018 1:27 PM

Jul 2013
I like Goblin Slayer's new party. The elf girl is cute (and those movements she makes with her very long ears are adorable), and the dwarf and the lizardman are pretty cool dudes as well (you cannot go wrong with Nakamura and Sugita after all). Pretty excited for the raid on the ruins.
IllyricusOct 21, 2018 4:52 AM
Oct 20, 2018 1:36 PM

May 2018
Dang , that was some archery shit that , that High Elf did, that which could sure use some fanservice.
Oct 20, 2018 1:39 PM
Nov 2010
Still not sure where I'd put this show or how I'll feel about it overall...but that's the first time in a while I've actually been like, "Don't end, episode! Don't end!"
Oct 20, 2018 1:49 PM

Apr 2015
Other than the end, this episode was pretty decent.

The director seems to hate using background music in the series.
Oct 20, 2018 2:00 PM

Feb 2017
The party casually strolling in at the end was cool and banter between the elf and dwarf was fun.
I expect some nice goblin action next week.
Oct 20, 2018 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
So, the D&D players create stereotypical characters without names and now they start to gain some own sense and life and develop group dynamics? xD

Like elf girl and this witch woman, but I'm disappointed that she didn't come with them.

Cheese is the nectar of gods! This lizard guy got it!
Oct 20, 2018 2:04 PM

Jan 2016
White fox is doing a good job with this adaptation, the only thing I don't like are the occasional CGI usages. It's weird, clunky and feels out of place.

The VA's for the crew are spot on, down to earth and chill episode
Oct 20, 2018 2:17 PM

Jun 2017
HaXXspetten said:
I'm still wondering if the whole anime is only going to be about slaying goblins or not, because if it is then it's going to be difficult maintaining some sort of freshness to the narrative in the long run. New characters is a good start but we'll see how long they can make it last

He already hinted at bigger problems with the mention of Heroes and Kings in the Goblin world.
Oct 20, 2018 2:21 PM

Dec 2013
I really enjoy episodes like this with the crew just chilling and sharing some quality time. Poor GS he is just too awkward about anything non goblin related, everyone thinks he is an idiot but when Goblin is the subject then becomes the biggest goblin otaku that will ever exist.

It broke my heart when he was talking about the moon, it sounds like the ultimate children tale that he took as 100% true because he really loved his sister : (
Oct 20, 2018 2:27 PM

Mar 2016
Why are they switching to 3d models at random times? It makes no sense.

Do elves and dwarfs always need to be rivals? I think it's stupid. In my opinion, only LOTR did a good job with it. Every other elf-dwarf-rivalry needs a Tolkien kick.

The boob bounce was unnecessary. Does she have a rat hidden inside? When the protagonist stared at her breasts, I understood that the woman was supposed to have erotic appeal. The gratuitous bouncing wasn't needed. This type of story, especially, doesn't need it.

Goblin Slayer doesn't take off his helmet because he might get hit in the head, and become unconscious. That is a flawed reason. If you get hit in the head with a helmet on, you can still lose consciousness. Even if you don't faint, you will lose your thinking ability for a while, and that is enough to get you killed.

The protagonist put a blanket over Goblin Slayer, who is wearing full plate armour, with mail (and probably gambeson as well) underneath, and sitting in front of a fire. That is not how you show affection!

I feel like this story would have been so much more interesting if they removed the unnecessary fan service and replaced the moe girls with older women, who look like they have been (or can be) toughened by battle. And, maybe do some research on armours?
Oct 20, 2018 2:31 PM

Nov 2009
kofmaster said:
I love how the keep in the animation the expressive elven ears.

+1
I really liked that too, another example of it that came to mind from Gaikotsu Kishi-sama:

This warmed my heart. I loved how GS fell asleep all of a sudden, the Priestess noticed it, and then put the blanket over him. (Making him look even more like a Dark Souls character.)

GildeshOct 20, 2018 2:37 PM
Oct 20, 2018 3:11 PM

Nov 2014
I thought we won't see dead goblins for whole episode. Good we got some in this last scene. Not much but still something.
Oct 20, 2018 3:12 PM
Aug 2017
I really liked the oddball crew (especially High Elf Archer and Lizardman) and the episode itself didn't have too much action but instead it's packed with wholesomeness (and that isn't bad at all).

Pretty fun to watch imo
WILL YOU STOP WHINING!?
No I don't understand! You snap at people, you're scary, you tried to eat me, but you're also kind and you're filled with life!
You gave me a name when I was a number, you gave me that compass, you taught me what it means to be alive!
That's why I care about you Velvet! I'll protect you for my own sake. I don't care if you're malevolent, or if it was pointless! If it's a mistake to love you, then I"ll fight the whole world! A world without you, Velvet, is the one thing I couldn't bear!
Eat my arm, just leave me the other one! I need it to clobber the jerk who made my Velvet cry!
-Laphicet, Tales of Berseria

Oct 20, 2018 3:22 PM

Jun 2016
Finally the Best Girl ("Long Ears") has made her appearance.
PROTECC the Anvil.
Oct 20, 2018 3:29 PM
Sep 2018
This episode pretty much is a calm before the storm, mainly the introduction of Goblin Slayers new party which includes a thousand year old elf who just can't seem to get along with a 100 year old dwarf and a lizard man who found a new love for cheese. They also mentioned about a huge goblin army terrorizing villages and possibly being led by a powerful leader of a new type of goblin that evolved from a typical goblin that his strength alone can rival Platinum rank adventurers which is the reason why elf and co were looking for the goblin slayer in the first place and now they have formed a party together along with new friendships and bonds.

Lots of development and some world building with stories of the gods playing dices at the start to determine the worlds fate on which race is the strongest and the story of goblins origin from the moon to earth as told by Goblin Slayer's sister.

And High-elf only took a few sip from the beer and she's already drunk as hell!
Oct 20, 2018 3:32 PM

Sep 2017
goblin slayer only talking about goblins makes him seem so autistic lol

Oct 20, 2018 3:45 PM
Apr 2017
FuMomo-kun said:
Do elves and dwarfs always need to be rivals? I think it's stupid. In my opinion, only LOTR did a good job with it. Every other elf-dwarf-rivalry needs a Tolkien kick.

Of course they are rivals, but it felt more like banter than hostility to me.
"I'll leave tomorrow's problems to tomorrow's me"
Oct 20, 2018 3:46 PM

Sep 2018
Really loving Goblin Slayers dry sense of humor (if you can call it that)
Oct 20, 2018 4:20 PM

Aug 2013
Light-hearted this time around. I liked this. Now shit's about to get lit with the Expendables. Jk
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 20, 2018 4:23 PM

Apr 2017
So now that the party is finally together this anime will be even better!
I liked the episode overall, the ending scene was epic, does anyone know the song they used when they were about to enter the cave?
Dat dobule kill tho

Oct 20, 2018 4:28 PM
Mar 2017
This episode was quite nice, it was like a little break.
At last they make their presentation, the characters from the opening, High Elf, Dwarf and Lizardman. High Elf is quite arrogant and the relationship with the Dwarf is not something new, since elves and dwarfs do not get along, Lizardman is the quietest of the group, in fact it is the one that makes the elf and the dwarf work together, this group offers GS a job to kill goblins and this accepts.
Today also the spectacular mage made her appearance, wow that woman is very beautiful and hot, that outfit that accentuates her enigmatic personality, also her slow way of speaking gives her a mysterious charm, also it seems that she knows GS from several years ago (maybe less years).
Then we have a nice scene where the group shares in front of a campfire, High Elf is too cute, the way she moved her ears when she eat the soup was the best, Lizardman was also funny, his reaction when he eats the cheese made me laugh. I liked how everyone shared their vision of where the goblins come from, GS shares what his sister taught him. High Elf drunk was the most adorable thing.
The next episode the group will go to exterminate the goblins in the ruins, although after seeing the skill with the bow and arrow of High Elf, I can expect an extermination of quality and much action.
Oct 20, 2018 4:34 PM

May 2017
welp that was an introduction episode for the new characters.. pretty uninteresting to be honest. The characters seem boring as fuck besides maybe the elf girl.
Oct 20, 2018 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Gildesh said:

This warmed my heart. I loved how GS fell asleep all of a sudden, the Priestess noticed it, and then put the blanket over him. (Making him look even more like a Dark Souls character.)

Yeah, right? I liked this too, like "there is just a big dork inside, who loved his sister."
Oct 20, 2018 4:47 PM

Oct 2017
Boring character building episode.
Oct 20, 2018 4:54 PM

Oct 2017
kei78 said:

Sorceress is sure thicc

Sure it isn't a witch? My first thought was Blair from Soul Eater, but that would require more, "nyaa"s.

And the way she said accompany, I was all:

Oct 20, 2018 4:57 PM

Oct 2012
Goblin Slayer really doesn't do that good of a job with character development so I can see why people are complaining about the ep. I still think it's better than not having any though. Bad attempts at characterization will always beat just plain old one dimensional nobodies (aka episode 1). But don't worry, Goblin murder will resume shortly.
Oct 20, 2018 5:03 PM

Apr 2015
Drunk elf girl was cute!

We get introduced to some different races in this world. An Elf, a Dwarf and a Lizardman. Together with Goblin Slayer and the Priestess, they will slay some goblins. Merely a build up episode today. Atleast there's quite some diversity in this team.

Overall, Ok episode to be honest.
Oct 20, 2018 5:11 PM
Sep 2018
I enjoyed this episode! A lot more dialogue, to give us a little more insight into the story. I was a little skeptic on the show but the 3rd episode was enough to suck me in!
You don’t have enough hatred
Oct 20, 2018 5:14 PM

Oct 2015
The elf girl sure got familiar fast with goblin slayer, she's one 2000 year old busy body.

I like Goblin slayer he's a cool guy who only has boundaries when it comes to goblins, he sure doesn't compromise there. But I like the new team and I hope not a single member will die.

I want to see what's under that helmet soon.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 20, 2018 5:18 PM

Oct 2017
lihle808 said:

I want to see what's under that helmet soon.

*Takes off helmet*
Everyone: OMG! It's Tommy Robinson!
Oct 20, 2018 5:41 PM

Jun 2017
This might be my favorite episode
This show actually surprised me when it calms down,builds the world and the characters
The characters' interaction are What sold me on this episode, i already am emotionally attached to them and the racist between elves and dwarves is exactly What i needed, reminds me of DA Origins

Wait, the use of dice in this episode, with the OP using dices as symbolism, could mean that the show is actually based on DnD or Old-school RPGs
Cool i love DnD
AwesomeAlfie27 is surprised
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Oct 20, 2018 6:04 PM

Feb 2015
So, a group of three adventurers appeared looking for the goblin slayer, the thing is that there's a demon army prepared to invade the world and the goblins are part of that. They want to recruit him to finish them. At the same time, Onna is having a talk with that magician woman about the goblin slayer and an anchient parchment. After that, they all start their journey, have a small dinner talking about themselves and the next morning, the hunt begins.

Personally, I'm not disliking at all this series, the show is entertaining and exciting. At the begining, I thought that the new characters introductions was kind of bad, but fortunately, they had this dinner scene about character development. I don't know, for a moment, I thought that the main character was going to be the invincible and graceless, but, it looks like the character could be exploded with a lot of potential, he could have an excellent backstory.
Oct 20, 2018 6:23 PM

Jul 2016
Tsarko said:
The party casually strolling in at the end was cool and banter between the elf and dwarf was fun.
I expect some nice goblin action next week.

Yep, Goblin slayer going to fuck shit up
Oct 20, 2018 6:29 PM

Jan 2018
So basically, the world of GS is literally a game of DnD being played by 'gods'? Guess the gods all made up stereotype characters.

I like how the party finally introduces us to how dangerous other creatures can actually be, but goblin slayer doesn't care. I also liked how they all had myths about where goblins come from. Makes it feel more fantasy-ish. Also everyone sharing food was a nice calm moment.

Apart from the first episode, the show doesn't really seem that dark. Priestess is pretty moe and I don't see her or goblin slayer dying anytime soon.
Oct 20, 2018 6:39 PM

Jan 2009
Was that witch supposed to be hot or something? The way she talks is cringey as fuck.
Oct 20, 2018 6:49 PM
Mar 2018
Goblin Slayer to high elf girl and her dwarf and alligator man friends:" are you a goblin"?
Well gee, I wonder? Are you, a high elf, a dwarf, and an alligator man goblins?

Maybe.

XD
Oct 20, 2018 6:50 PM
May 2017
Definitely my favorite episode yet. We finally get all of the characters and we're starting to get to know them. I think if we could continue to get to know the characters and like them, the show could get better. I think that if we start liking the characters more having a dark tone will affect us the viewers more and it won't feel as forced and 'edgy'.
Oct 20, 2018 7:17 PM

May 2015
"He's silver, but all he does is slay goblins. Silvers would usually go for bigger prey than that." Hey! You know how hard it is to farm Dash Extracts? I'd literally hire a silver rank just to get me Dash Extracts!

Doesn't clean his weapons to hide the scent of metal...that's some thinking...

Ooh dang, Goblin Slayer is even willing to take on Goblin Lords/Kings which are equivalent to Platinum-level adventurers...

"You received a quest, right?"
"Yes. Slaying Goblins." Lol sounds like the Terminator.

"Goblins come from the green moon to get what they don't have."
"My older sister never made mistakes." Squall is that you?

And the guitar kicks in. RAPE AND TEAR!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.