Forum Settings
Forums

Anime or characters that nobody will EVER convince you are good?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 15, 2018 1:25 PM

Mar 2017
mirai nikki for sure. almost all of the characters are utter trash with no depth. yuki stays the same throughout the entire show which was really hard to watch seeing as the main character had zero development. and the only decent character was a supporting one (minene uryuu, god bless her). it baffles me some people find this show a masterpiece when in reality it's a huge mess.
Oct 15, 2018 1:40 PM
Jan 2017
No one can convince me that Hinata Hyuuga is a "good" character. Sure, I don't hate her, but she wwas probably the most horribly written out of all the characters in the show.
Oct 15, 2018 1:54 PM

Aug 2018
The sun will devour the earth before you ever hear me saying something good about Kimi no Na wa that doesnt involve its visuals.
That movie has not a single redeeming quality.

As for characters: Any female character from Kishimoto or any female character from the creator of BNHA.
Also the hero from Hataraku Maou Sama. The show could have good if it werent for her. The story fluctuates so much between making her likeable (failing patetically on every ocasion) and making her an absolute whore.
Ah yeah also all the characters from Kimi no Na wa. It feels like they all are carbon copies of shitty american movies.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Oct 15, 2018 1:59 PM
Aug 2011
IpreferEcchi said:
xShinigami3125 said:

But he didn't make a deal with a demon xd

Are you joking?

By using the Death Note, he sold his soul to Ryuk. This is why he's a dumbass.

He's not a dumbass.

First, he had zero evidence that gods, magic and magic books even existed. The logical and intelligent assumption would be that the book is a hoax. However, highly intelligent people also tend to be highly curious and open-minded. So, Light being highly intelligent and educated would have believed the book is a hoax, however his high level of curiosity would have inclined him to test the hypothesis that the book might actually work. Couple that with the fact that he'd just witnessed a petty crim being a total asshole and he had an emotional impetus behind putting the name in the boo. Rationally, that can be justified as emotional catharsis. Writing the guys name just to let of steam, and not believing the book will work in the slightest.

What intelligent person would actually *believe* that writing someone elses name in a notebook will doom your own soul to hell? It makes no sense, therefore Light isn't a dumbass for not realizing he lives in death note universe and not the rational universe. sensible people dismiss ghouls, ghosts, goblins and magic unless you have proof they exist.
cipheronOct 15, 2018 2:17 PM
Oct 15, 2018 2:14 PM

Sep 2014
Ehh, you can't really convince me anything is good if I have watched it myself and didn't think it was. I mean, I will accept your opinion, often times understand the point of view, but I have yet to ever change my mind this way. I won't start liking it

But in a similar way, while there is tons of things I dislike yet can see where the fans are coming from, I will never ever understand how can one think Onegai Teacher is anything else than hot garbage. This series SUCKED in every aspect. From the completely ugly, unnatractive artstyle and designs, nonexistent soundtrack, horrible and annoying characters, a completely ridiculous yet taken totally seriously premise to the most stupid of plot devices which is MC's disease that happens to activate just at the perfect times to create drama (and make him legal to fuck). It was a piece of shit all the way through. The most deserved 1/10. Even Mars of Destruction is a better anime, and I seriously think this

Orhunaa said:

People with standards maybe? Not everyone's shallow enough to like something solely because it has hot women doing hot things.

xD
what a retarded notion
liking 'shallow' things is being shallow oneself? assuming what kind of person one is based on their taste in fucking anime?
you can't enjoy something simple and superficial and should only ever watch revolutionary thought provoking masterpieces or you 'have no standards'? like, having fun with an ecchi show stops you from appreciating more serious works?

Oct 15, 2018 2:19 PM
Aug 2011
Imaishi said:
Ehh, you can't really convince me anything is good if I have watched it myself and didn't think it was. I mean, I will accept your opinion, often times understand the point of view, but I have yet to ever change my mind this way. I won't start liking it

Makes no difference to anyone else whether you watch Death Note or not.

Except, having an opinion on events in an anime that you never saw is just of zero worth. Naturally, if you say some decision a character made is "dumb" but you don't know anything about the show, then your opinion carries literally zero critical value, since basically anyone knows that if they didn't see a thing they probably have all the details wrong anyway.

"nobody can change my opinion on a show I never saw". Fine. don't see it. But you can just know that nobody needs to listen to your "analysis" because that analysis is bullshit almost by definition. You can say that you don't like the artstyle, or that it's not in a genre you like, or that you don't want to watch a show that has an anti-hero as the main character. Those are valid points not to watch it. But you can't start citing *plot points* that you think are dumb if you don't even have the first clue about the plot.
cipheronOct 15, 2018 2:25 PM
Oct 15, 2018 2:24 PM

Aug 2018
Imaishi said:

liking 'shallow' things is being shallow oneself? assuming what kind of person one is based on their taste in fucking anime?
you can't enjoy something simple and superficial and should only ever watch revolutionary thought provoking masterpieces or you 'have no standards'? like, having fun with an ecchi show stops you from appreciating more serious works?

Yeah you summarized it perfectly.
If you have a garbage dump, a McDonalds and a restaurant. How in the world you can look at me with your mouth full of excrement (aka eromanga sensei) saying that you have fine taste...
The only reason to see SAO i mean trash is to... uhh. I dunno we are humans with free will we can choose how to waste our time in whatever way we want (yes that time i watched 24 episodes of SAO was an absolute waste of time and i think i even got some brain damage from it as you might see on my shitty arguments).

cipheron said:

Except, having an opinion on events in an anime that you never saw is just of zero worth. .

What this guy said but i would like to point out that i wasnt wrong when i said Konosuba and OPM were trash even without watching it.
It probably was dumb luck but watching those shows to form a real opinion... ugh... it was a painful experience.
CordobezEverdeenOct 15, 2018 2:27 PM
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Oct 15, 2018 2:32 PM

Sep 2014
cipheron said:
Imaishi said:

Except, having an opinion on events in an anime that you never saw is just of zero worth. Naturally, if you say some decision a character made is "dumb" but you don't know anything about the show, then your opinion carries literally zero critical value, since basically anyone knows that if they didn't see a thing they probably have all the details wrong anyway.

"nobody can change my opinion on a show I never saw". Fine. don't see it. But you can just know that nobody needs to listen to your "analysis" because that analysis is bullshit almost by definition. You can say that you don't like the artstyle, or that it's not in a genre you like, or that you don't want to watch a show that has an anti-hero as the main character. Those are valid points not to watch it. But you can't start citing *plot points* that you think are dumb if you don't even have the first clue about the plot.

I have no idea what you're talking about? I never said anything about making opinions on shows I haven't wached. That's obviously BS. I didn't even mention death note either.
ImaishiOct 15, 2018 2:41 PM
Oct 15, 2018 2:48 PM

May 2015
Most shows I rated 5 or lower.

CordobezEverdeen said:
Imaishi said:

Yeah you summarized it perfectly.
If you have a garbage dump, a McDonalds and a restaurant. How in the world you can look at me with your mouth full of excrement (aka eromanga sensei) saying that you have fine taste...
The only reason to see SAO i mean trash is to... uhh. I dunno we are humans with free will we can choose how to waste our time in whatever way we want (yes that time i watched 24 episodes of SAO was an absolute waste of time and i think i even got some brain damage from it as you might see on my shitty arguments).

cipheron said:

Except, having an opinion on events in an anime that you never saw is just of zero worth. .

What this guy said but i would like to point out that i wasnt wrong when i said Konosuba and OPM were trash even without watching it.
It probably was dumb luck but watching those shows to form a real opinion... ugh... it was a painful experience.
How can you rate Tokyo Ghoul manga a 10 and talk like you have fine taste?

Mc Donalds issue is rarely the taste but the nutritional value.
If we want to continue the metaphor you can enjoy the taste of McDonald while being aware of how bad it is for you health.

"fine taste" fine taste is just an opinion in reference with what you like.

You could compare "literary value" with "nutritional value" to keep that metaphor going and I think this is more appropriate sine both are more impersonal than "fine taste" and can be judged in a certain impersonal framework. However I still stand by my previous statement that despite being able to like/appreciate/value/have standards towards masterpieces you can still enjoy or even have taste for what you'd call garbage.

And I even more strongly disagree with the stuff you like defining who you are (although they can be related but it's more complex than your immature way of putting it).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2018 2:50 PM

Nov 2016
Nodame Cantabile. It's absolutely terrible and I can't believe I forced myself through it.
currently: doing my best!

Oct 15, 2018 2:58 PM

Sep 2018
Nobody will ever convince me that yaoi anime or shonen ai are fun to watch!
Oct 15, 2018 3:12 PM

Nov 2013
glasslip posed serious risks to my mental health. every episode had me reaching for the razor blades, it was so fucking shit i am still astonished to this day that someone sat down to produce that rubbish
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 15, 2018 3:13 PM

Sep 2014
CordobezEverdeen said:
arized it perfectly.

Uhh, this comparison to food is quite silly and doesn't really work.

But in any case, I wasn't even taking about quality of things, which is what you seem to be getting at. The guy I quoted implied liking a simple (hot women doing hot things) show means you're a shallow person and that you have no standards.

The first thing is a notion stupid beyond belief, because it tries to connect your preferences in japanese cartoons to what kind of person you are, which makes no sense. These really aren't related and trying to judge people by their pastimes is pathetic to say the least. It's pointless to even elaborate further.

Now the other thing is also silly, as it would imply every such show is inherently bad, which is false. Yes, they are superficial, and they're meant to be. It's fine to indulge in these, simple shows are relaxing and fun. You can have standards in those too. It doesn't take away from one's standards in the more serious, artistic things. You can still appreciate them. They have different ways and different goals and thus should be judged separately. You can like both, for different reasons.

And I am definitely not a fan of judging one's taste/standards to begin with, I think it's silly considering how inherently biased endeavor that is, but even if you were to do that, I would say it should be done based on whether they can recognize what's good among things of its kind, how well it does what it set out to do, the ideas and their execution. Not whether they dare to enjoy some genre, whether it bases on more superficial stuff or not. I would never judge one's standards because they like to watch some tits bounce every now and then. Now if its bad, boring, poorly directed tits on the other hand...
Oct 15, 2018 3:18 PM

Oct 2017
fmab and death note, i liked death note until, you know, white L appears, and fmab was pretty good until Hughes you know... , then fmab is boring and I started noticing that Edward was unbearable and a shitty mc
Oct 15, 2018 3:48 PM

Oct 2017
Please try to convince me why people worship Suzumiya Haruhi?Why an anime character became a religion?What's so great about her?.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Oct 15, 2018 3:54 PM

Jun 2012
Katsuki Bakugou
i see a lot of people that love this guy
i just cant understand why
Oct 15, 2018 4:26 PM

Aug 2016
depends. If you are talking about characters that aren´t good people (even if they were once good), Itachi or Griffith by far. they did everything wrong, yet they are still interesting characters.

If you are talking about characters that aren´t good in terms of writing, I would go with something like Bakugo
:v
Oct 15, 2018 4:48 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Socita said:
Relena from MSGW. She's an annoying stalker and I wish somebody bitch slapped her xD

I’m 9 episodes in and I think she’s retarded asf
Stalking a man who tried to kill you? Is she serious?
Oct 15, 2018 5:59 PM

Apr 2016
bnha, like there's not enough hero genre already
Oct 15, 2018 6:33 PM
Jan 2018

Midoriya Izuku from My Hero Academia. It has a generic personality of shounen and its motivations and objectives are very stupid. I like the manga, but I hate the protagonist.
Oct 15, 2018 6:57 PM

Aug 2012
Light, Kirito, Makoto, Yukiteru but specially Akainu (But I think few people like him)

I doubt I´ll ever like SAO, Naruto Shippuden and Fairy Tail.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Oct 15, 2018 7:01 PM

Jul 2015
I’m very easily swayed but
Sae from Peach Girl does not deserve ANY redemption yeet that binch
Oct 16, 2018 3:29 AM
Feb 2017
I will never be convinced that Steins;Gate 0 is a good anime adaptation.

I will also never be convinced that fate/zero was the best part of fate.

Nobody will convince me that Code Geass is good either.

And Rem is a shitty character, how the fuck is she any better than Emilia?

Oct 16, 2018 3:44 AM

May 2018
I will never be convinced that Boku no Hero Academia is good
Because it's overrated as fuck!

Even Cells at Work and SNK are joining the cancer group as well!
Oct 16, 2018 4:04 AM

Jan 2016
Tokyo Ghoul. talk me about it, im not even listening.
Oct 16, 2018 4:25 AM

Feb 2016
Shinji and Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion
AniDeMaxOct 16, 2018 5:05 AM

Oct 16, 2018 4:32 AM
Jun 2014
Hinata from Naruto, Sakura from Naruto, Sarada from Boruto, Lucy from Fairy tail, Shinoa from owari no seraph, Asseylum from Aldnoah zero, misaka from attack on titan,Urararka from boku no hero academia.
Oct 16, 2018 4:37 AM

Jan 2017
Asuka from Evangelion. And i dont think that there is any need to state the reasons, duh.....
Oct 16, 2018 4:48 AM
Apr 2017
Light Yagami and just death note in general (fuck that shit). I probably also won't ever think of angel beats as anything other than extremely mediocre and I will never ever in a million bloody years like one piece. It's repulsive to the nth level, I'd rather not watch anime for 3 months than having to watch a single episode of one piece.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Oct 16, 2018 5:07 AM

Aug 2016
Naruto Shippuuden for me. Almost all my friends are drooling over it but i cant finish the shit for f***s sake, even with skipped fillers. I have made it to the shinobi war because my fav character was Neji, and they went ahead and killed him just to spark up emotions and for plot convenience.

And don't even get me started with Sasuke Uchiha. That MF stands as my second most hated character of all-time.
Oct 16, 2018 5:31 AM

Apr 2018
Elfen Lied will never be good, and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Oct 16, 2018 5:59 AM

May 2018
Toma from Amnesia... Do I really need to explain why? He's problematic.

๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ณ๐ž๐ซ๐จ.
๐“๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐š๐ข๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ.
Oct 16, 2018 6:58 AM

Apr 2014
Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate characters
themanualreader@proton.me
Oct 16, 2018 7:53 AM

Oct 2015
Imaishi said:

what a retarded notion

Hey, the guy's saying it's ridiculous for a man to not like something which has hot stuff in it. I obviously have to take the polar opposite position on that. My comment makes sense on that context
Oct 16, 2018 9:21 AM

Nov 2017
Death Note.. watched that shit twice.. I really don't understand why people loves it so much.. I don't see anything that;s 2deep4me in it.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

So many anime, So little time!

Oct 16, 2018 9:26 AM

Mar 2018
DepravedMagi said:
Socita said:
Relena from MSGW. She's an annoying stalker and I wish somebody bitch slapped her xD

I’m 9 episodes in and I think she’s retarded asf
Stalking a man who tried to kill you? Is she serious?

I know right? She's so damn creepy and annoying. I don't know what the hell is wrong with her.
Oct 16, 2018 9:27 AM

Jul 2015
No one is ever going to convince me that Code Geass isn't awful, and that Lelouch is anything resembling an interesting or worthwhile character.
Oct 16, 2018 9:30 AM

Sep 2010
Kaibutsu Oujo was probably one of the worst anime series i watched. Its like a terrible missmatch of a harem anime, but its totally pointless, have no plot, its not fun, no cool characters, bad designs, its so mediocre it hurts.
I dont get it have more than 7 in MAL. Many other harem style anime do it way better.
Oct 16, 2018 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
Shinsekai yori, Chaos; head, code gay, and stiens;gate

I hated shinsekai yori before it was cool
Oct 16, 2018 12:02 PM

Jul 2017
No one will ever convince me Death Note was good.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Oct 16, 2018 12:13 PM

Feb 2015
Most of the things I either rated low (5 or lower), or whatever is in my drop list.
Oct 16, 2018 12:15 PM

Sep 2011
Few selective in my drop list such as Isuca and other anime that I rated flat 1.

Drovac said:
Nero_Angelo said:
lets see we have

Jaden Yuki i just really hate him hes also over happy like i dont mind characters who are happy and cheerful and that but hes just way to happy hes a shitty character with a shitty deck elemental heros are fucking trash i hate Elemental Heros and Jaden with a passion

Natsu Dragneel hes a loud mouth prick who needs to fuck off also lucy because shes useless

Joey Wheeler hes an idiot who relays way to much on luck and his deck bugs me

are you serious joey is the BEST character in yugioh

Not to mention his deck entertains me more than Yugi's and I might include Kaiba's as well.

Oct 16, 2018 2:55 PM
Dec 2016
Anything written by Hiro Mashima, he's possibly the David Cage of Japan. Producing overhyped, poorly written stories.
Oct 16, 2018 3:00 PM

Jan 2015
All the shows/characters are in my sig. I will add deku to the chara list, because he is trash.
Oct 16, 2018 3:17 PM
Apr 2015
I already watched the Season 1 of Nanatsu no Taizai.. It's not that I hated it.. It's just not that good. It's overrated.
Oct 16, 2018 3:26 PM

Jul 2014
Artenborough from Gurren Lagann, almost ruined best show with his boring ass one note character.
Oct 16, 2018 3:45 PM

Aug 2018
Charlotte. That's my final answer.

Oct 16, 2018 5:47 PM

Mar 2018
Asuka Langley. That girl sucks. Like goddamn I like tsunderes but she just rubbed me the wrong way
Oct 16, 2018 8:32 PM

Nov 2008
-SpaceLion- said:
Asuka Langley. That girl sucks. Like goddamn I like tsunderes but she just rubbed me the wrong way

Agreed.
Tsundere are like my favorite character type but that girl is just one unpleasant bitch.

Oct 16, 2018 8:47 PM

Nov 2008
Seiya said:
Drovac said:

sesshomaru is actually pretty good tho

Just because a character looks sexy, does not make an Anime good.

Sesshoumaru's OVERRATED AF. I firmly believe the main five in the cast of Inuyasha are good characters and the series itself is a lot of fun to watch. I marathoned all nine seasons of that shit and really enjoyed myself.

My only gripe about it is the constant repetition of flashbacks....but that wasn't Rumiko's fault; the anime was just padding in order to make an episode 25 minutes.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 3 )

Cammell - May 8

100 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

» favorite anime under 50 episodes?

RedTea33 - 9 hours ago

25 by Rinrinka »»
5 minutes ago

» It's good that sometimes you don't need to gatekeep a series when it does by itself

Damnits - 2 hours ago

11 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

» Best maid character?

Serafos - 21 minutes ago

3 by Archean-Return »»
9 minutes ago

» Disney Japan Executive Promises to Censor Anime ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - May 7

83 by tappioca »»
20 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.