Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 9, 2018 7:15 AM

Oct 2016
CondemneDio said:
It was just as insufferable as I imagined.

Then don't watch it. Nobody is forcing you. Giving 2 to a series after watching only 1 episode is very lame.

thepath said:

I watched the other two seasons.

So? There's no reason to watch something you don't enjoy.

Mista4 said:
Get Ready For The Disappointing Ending Guys

There's no ending. There's the Force... I mean, there's still the 100-year Quest arc. Fairy tail is a never-end tale.

Asunakob said:
Feels kinda weak compared to one piece , I watched one piece after fairy tail 2014 and now this doesnt feel the same.

Why should it feel the same? They are two different things. If everything felt the same, what would be the point of watching it?
TrueDragonPrinceOct 9, 2018 7:19 AM
Oct 9, 2018 7:19 AM

Jan 2013
TrueDragonPrince said:
CondemneDio said:

Then don't watch it. Nobody is forcing you. Giving 2 to a series after watching only 1 episode is very lame.

Not anymore lame than you telling me not to watch an anime.
Oct 9, 2018 7:24 AM

Oct 2016
CondemneDio said:
TrueDragonPrince said:

What's the point of watching something you don't like it? It's clear this isn't a franchise you enjoy, given you scored 3 both of the previous seasons. What are you? Two?
Oct 9, 2018 7:50 AM

Jan 2013
TrueDragonPrince said:
CondemneDio said:

What's the point of watching something you don't like it? It's clear this isn't a franchise you enjoy, given you scored 3 both of the previous seasons. What are you? Two?

Look up hate-watching.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate-watching
Oct 9, 2018 8:04 AM

Oct 2016
CondemneDio said:
TrueDragonPrince said:

Look up hate-watching.

They could've just called it immaturity. Okay. Suit yourself.
Oct 9, 2018 10:15 AM

Jan 2013
TrueDragonPrince said:
CondemneDio said:

Look up hate-watching.

They could've just called it immaturity. Okay. Suit yourself.

Go stuff your holier-than-thou attitude up your ass.
Oct 9, 2018 11:49 AM

Apr 2015
Catchy opening,Finally Fairy tail is back :) So hyped!
Oct 9, 2018 1:53 PM

Feb 2016
i meant the same as watching
TrueDragonPrince said:
CondemneDio said:

thepath said:

I watched the other two seasons.

So? There's no reason to watch something you don't enjoy.

Mista4 said:
Get Ready For The Disappointing Ending Guys

There's no ending. There's the Force... I mean, there's still the 100-year Quest arc. Fairy tail is a never-end tale.

Asunakob said:
Feels kinda weak compared to one piece , I watched one piece after fairy tail 2014 and now this doesnt feel the same.

Why should it feel the same? They are two different things. If everything felt the same, what would be the point of watching it?
I meant same as FT or FT 2014. back then it was my most favorite , now ... i guess its just there :)
Oct 9, 2018 5:38 PM

Jan 2013
It's back! I'm so happy omg! I missed this so much, and it started in the best way possible, with all of the characters and that epic soundtrack <3 Also that song at the middle of the episode, glad it's back!

I still feel bad about the fact that all this time Lucy was alone :/

Damn :/ Never thought that Wendy would refuse them, better saying, i was expecting a slightly different reaction

Can't wait for them to lose the fight and then Natsu saving them all xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 10, 2018 7:50 PM

Feb 2013
So do I have to watch all of fairy tail before watching this?
Oct 11, 2018 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
It's baaaaaaaack!
And the first scene was already great with them all gathered and the great OST playing aaah... I missed Natsu and Happy. Though the art and animation is already lacking in the first episode, I hope they will improve on that in key scenes. First enemies also seem generic enough so far, but I shouldn't complain too much after only one episode :3
Oct 11, 2018 11:03 PM

Sep 2018
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Elinchayiel said:

Haha, Natsu knows what the viewers want.

That was shown at the end of previous season already.

Wendy isnt useless, but she is far, far weaker then she could of been. Easily by and large the weakest dragonslayer. The main reason is she didnt take that much part in the big fights, and whenever she does take part in fights she was held back by Charle. If she wasnt, Charle would literally have no role, as her role is being a foil to Wendy.

She's still the cutest girl in the series tho.

She can use Dragon Force at will, pretty sure that makes her one of the strongest FT members.

Theoretical power doesnt matter, what matters is how they use those powers.

Theoretically speaking Lucy possessing summoning, celestial magic (Jellals most powerful magics are all celestial magics) and the ability to dual cast would make her one of the strongest FT members as well.

But since Lucy is almost always written to stand still and do nothing she ends up being weak. Wendy is somewhat similar since unlike most of the other FT members she gives up/doubts herself much easier, so she doesn't fight as much. Plus it seems like she barely practises/tries to improve herself at all. Why is there no extended training arc where Wendy learns ''how to Dragonslayer'' from Natsu or someone else? It really hurts her strength, so she feels more like the ''Mascot Dragonslayer'' then a real one.
Which tbh all of that is a result of Charle's bitching all the time.

Like I said, Wendy is still one of the best characters in the series for me, because of her design and character. But she would be a lot more amazing if Charle just didnt exist to drag her down. :P (and drag Happy down as well)

Charle never existing and Lucy not being written to be the punchbag almost every time would of made Fairytail really amazing.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Oct 11, 2018 11:06 PM

Sep 2018
Pyoung said:

There's some arcs you can skip, but for the most part: yes its best to watch it all.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Oct 12, 2018 4:49 AM

Oct 2016
Asunakob said:
meant same as FT or FT 2014. back then it was my most favorite , now ... i guess its just there :)

Well, then we'll see how the show fares in the upcoming episodes, right? :)
Oct 12, 2018 2:51 PM
Aug 2018
this episode was pretty crap compared to the ending of the previous season
Oct 12, 2018 7:33 PM

May 2014
Looks quite promising. I mean the art, wow just wow. This is not something you see from Toei or Pierrot (expect for the movies were they really deliver). Damn, A-1 delivers art. Their art is quite superb. The first ep. was really cool. The opening was quite catchy and the ending were calm and relaxing. Both better than most new openings I have seen recently.

Wendy gonna change Guild? Nah, once you enter FT there is no way back. Natsu is gonna make sure of it 😜😜🤣🤣:

But seriously, we all know she loves FT too much to join any other guild. For some of us here Charlie's transformation didn't come as a surprise. Unfortunately, there are too many spoilers. But in my case it was he***i. 🤣🤣

Anyways, hopefully we are gonna see Natsu's results of his training. We saw some of it here. Usually he doesn't use fire techniques right away, but here he just smashed everyone with a glimpse of fire. So I bet he is much more OP now.

Gathering the gang for the last fight of FT. Amazing that most of the persons we have seen haven't changed at all during that year. Some new lookout would be nice, but old is gold I guess. Next time the gravity dude from Grimoire Heart Gildards beat up is gonna show his face again. I bet this time Natsu is gonna kicj his butt. This is gonna be interesting. :D
Oct 12, 2018 7:35 PM

May 2014
xShinigami3125 said:
These monsters seem to be crazy useless. ALso they didn't even draw them as individuals they just had a big brown flood invade the city.....

I think it's to show how much Natsu have grown in strength and power. That's why he is storming in them without glimpse.:)
Oct 12, 2018 7:38 PM

May 2014
Milennin said:
OMG, this first episode was amazing. A so much better start than with season 2. Omegahype for next episode.

Personally I think season 2 had a epic start. This one was more like non-spoilers, but the previous start was like in the mess with an very exciting conversation. Personally, I think the season 2 start was better, but I am glad we are different. :D
Oct 12, 2018 7:43 PM

May 2014
KanonDE said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

WHOA WHOA WHOA, worst girl!? Are you kidding!? She's had the most development out of any female character in the show and maybe the most development of any character period. Wendy is freaking awesome and goes on to show it many times.

He's probably just a hater

Agrees! To sing in front of a audience is something she never would be able to do 1 year ago. Not only that but she is more confident in herself and her powers. One gotta love dem loli pair. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just kidding. :P They are actually quite cute. One gotta love them (without any perv intention).
Oct 12, 2018 7:46 PM

May 2014
animejas said:
Decent first episode but I have low standards for this show. Hopefully I'm wrong.

However, it was nice seeing them back after a while. I nearly flunked my A Levels because of binging this show that I didn't even like and now I'm in university, so it feels a bit nostalgic too.

OP is nice tho.

Personally I am more hype for the animation (art) and OSTs rather than the story. From what I read here the the series will have a sucking end which is sad cause it had potential. ^^
Oct 12, 2018 10:26 PM

Dec 2009
Elinchayiel said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

She can use Dragon Force at will, pretty sure that makes her one of the strongest FT members.

Theoretical power doesnt matter, what matters is how they use those powers.

Theoretically speaking Lucy possessing summoning, celestial magic (Jellals most powerful magics are all celestial magics) and the ability to dual cast would make her one of the strongest FT members as well.

But since Lucy is almost always written to stand still and do nothing she ends up being weak. Wendy is somewhat similar since unlike most of the other FT members she gives up/doubts herself much easier, so she doesn't fight as much. Plus it seems like she barely practises/tries to improve herself at all. Why is there no extended training arc where Wendy learns ''how to Dragonslayer'' from Natsu or someone else? It really hurts her strength, so she feels more like the ''Mascot Dragonslayer'' then a real one.
Which tbh all of that is a result of Charle's bitching all the time.

Like I said, Wendy is still one of the best characters in the series for me, because of her design and character. But she would be a lot more amazing if Charle just didnt exist to drag her down. :P (and drag Happy down as well)

Charle never existing and Lucy not being written to be the punchbag almost every time would of made Fairytail really amazing.

You obviously haven't read the manga, Wendy TRAINED during the timeskip to use Dragon Force whenever she wants.
Oct 12, 2018 10:35 PM

Feb 2018
mangalicker94 said:
xShinigami3125 said:
These monsters seem to be crazy useless. ALso they didn't even draw them as individuals they just had a big brown flood invade the city.....

I think it's to show how much Natsu have grown in strength and power. That's why he is storming in them without glimpse.:)

I know but if i remember correctly it looked much better in the manga. In the anime it just looked kinda cheap and lazy.
Oct 12, 2018 11:21 PM

Feb 2015
mangalicker94 said:
Milennin said:
OMG, this first episode was amazing. A so much better start than with season 2. Omegahype for next episode.

Personally I think season 2 had a epic start. This one was more like non-spoilers, but the previous start was like in the mess with an very exciting conversation. Personally, I think the season 2 start was better, but I am glad we are different. :D

For me, it had more to do with the visual presentation. I hated the washed out colours in season 2 art, and also bad quality animation in most episodes. I missed the original soundtrack too, and I'm glad that season 3 brings back the old songs, but also has new ones.
Oct 13, 2018 2:53 AM

Sep 2018
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

You obviously haven't read the manga, Wendy TRAINED during the timeskip to use Dragon Force whenever she wants.

*second* Timeskip.

I was refering to the previous 2 seasons. I thought that was obvious? Kind of pointless to make a reference to something that happens after those 2 seasons.

That said, Dragon Force is just a powerboost. What she needs is actual frigging training to use her abilities, and use them cleverly. Or simpler put: training on how to fight well. Pretty much all the other main characters improved themselves on that aspect, but Wendy doesnt really improve at all.

If it wasn't for having dragonslayer powers she'd be even more useless then Lucy. (since atleast Lucy fights on her own, without a cat telling her what to do all the time)

Anyway, having a timeskip of a year to artifically boost characters powerlevel is low quality writing, as it may increase a characters power, but it doesnt increase their character development at all.
Oct 13, 2018 10:40 AM
Dec 2016
Pyoung said:

Yeah, otherwise you won´t understand anything
Oct 16, 2018 7:32 AM

Jan 2015
FAIRY TAIL IS BACK YEAHH!
Nice episode and relaxing. I forgot some characters and moments but it's ok. Nice episode but I prefer the strong one.
Oct 18, 2018 2:45 AM

Jul 2014
OMG YES FAIRY TAIL IS BACK! This is what i was waiting for, the start was quite good, the opening and the ost brought me many good memories, i look forward to the other episodes.

I'm so excited to see Natsu in action again.
reddiemOct 18, 2018 2:55 AM

Oct 19, 2018 11:47 AM

Nov 2013
Fairy Tail... my guilty pleasure !!! Happy it's back even though I know what happens.
Oct 24, 2018 4:58 PM

May 2017
OMG! Fairy Tail is finally back and i'm full of nostalgia and joy. I didn't read the manga, so i'm all excited for the anime! The opening and ending are definitely worth listening to.
Wendy wanting to stay at Lamia Scale makes me sad but hopefully she will return soon. I really liked seeing the funny moments between all the characters again.
Leo_SOct 24, 2018 5:05 PM
Oct 24, 2018 11:27 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Well, now is time to join all the team!
The first episode was nice and Lucy and Natsu seemed stronger!!!! kekeke
Oct 29, 2018 9:11 PM

Sep 2017
Since I watched the first 2 series dubbed imma be super far behind since i'm sticking to the dub but anyways.

As shit as Fairy Tail is, I can't help but kinda love it. Just seeing Natsu and fan service -i mean Lucy- back together dicking around is a blast. The dubbed version of the song Wendy and Chelia sung was pretty cringe, especially with the not great singing done by the English Va's lol. Well I'm kinda excited to see where this goes even tho I feel like it's probably gonna be pretty mediocre by the end.

Also humanoid Carla is an absolute bae.
Oct 30, 2018 8:27 AM

Jan 2016
@ProofByColor you aren't going to be the only one 3+ weeks behind waiting for the dub. If I'd realized I'd actually get caught up before the show finished, I might've started in subs. Ah well....

Yeah, Fairy Tail is very much my guilty pleasure, and this was basically what I wanted. So far I'm enjoying it, hope that continues to be the case as the weeks go on. Although I've heard the ending pissed a lot of people off, hoping the anime is allowed to change that.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Oct 30, 2018 2:22 PM

Jan 2018
I dont read the manga but so many people here are saying the storys going to be bad, do you guys think theyll change stuff for the anime? Apparently thats what they did for attack on titan since the manga was slow or something.

Also how is Carla a human now?
Feb 12, 2019 9:26 PM
Dec 2017
don't judge me.. this ep super boring... i enjoyed more when i saw 2nd season ep 1...
Feb 17, 2019 1:56 AM

Feb 2018
Happy has been kidnapped.
Apr 28, 2019 1:10 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
SOOOO GLAD to see something of Lamia Scale !!!!! OFF TO A KICKASS START!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 29, 2019 5:19 PM

Oct 2013
Mr. Owl, how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie roll pop? One, two... noms. Just three.

Also, AAAAAAAAAAAAA WENDY AND CHELIA'S DUET AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa ahhhhhh... better than anything Carole & Tuesday is giving me this season.

Getting back to Fairy Tail is always comforting. This show is trash, but it's wholesome trash and it feels like home. The new OP and ED is dope. The ED in particular harkens to adolescent late nights and I'm falling in love with InuYasha's saccharine EDs -- maybe a bit more modern.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 29, 2019 2:27 AM

Dec 2012
Erza.
Natsu sleeping.
Lucy and Happy.
Gray. Juvia.
The final dawn?
Fairy Tail's final battle?
Rain.
Who are they?
A monster appears before Natsu and co.
Tuli Village.
Natsu wants to fight Lucy.
Lucy trained?
Dat Lucy upskirt showing her thighs. Free the pantsu.
Right between the legs.
WTF! Natsu can do that with his flames?
Lucy legs on that table.
Lamia Scale.
Thanksgiving Day.
Lyon.
lol Toby.
The Sky Sisters? Wendy?
Chelia got that oppai.
Who is that girl with the tail?
Festival of blood?
Forever.
Jura left to join the council.
Nani? She won't come back?
That girl is Charle?
She learned Transformation magic?
lol at their faces.
Lucy side oppai.
lol at Natsu using Happy to tickle Lucy.
Operation Kidnap Wendy.
Dat explosion.
Orochi Fin wizard guild?
Dem monsters.
100,000 of them?
Chelia kicked Natsu.
Holy shit! Natsu is plowing through them.
Dat ending.

The final season of FT begins. Nice OP and ED. They didn't show Lucy's pantsu, which were shown in the manga's chapter. They changed Wendy and Chelia's song. Also, I want to fuck Charle.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 18, 2019 4:19 AM

Sep 2012
natsu sure never changes 😂😂😂
Nov 22, 2019 2:47 PM

May 2012
For a start for the final season or so they say it was rather open and playfully, but I'm pretty sure things will get quite something in this season! Looking quite forward to see what this final season will offer!
Mar 17, 2020 5:54 PM

Jan 2013
human form Carla looks just as bitchy as her regular cat form. all i got from this episode lol
May 9, 2020 1:09 AM
May 2020
Surryhshdjcjrhn
May 16, 2020 8:18 AM

Mar 2012
Finally decided to finish Fairy Tail. I'll probably regret it, but here we go...
Jul 15, 2020 5:06 AM

Jul 2015
Aye sir! Bit emotional knowing this will be the last season Fairy tail, one of the first anime I've ever started watching. Pretty nostalgic start of the episode.

Seems like bringing back the guild will be a tough job

Jul 18, 2020 8:02 PM
Jul 2020
HcjchvigyfkvhfjgJgv
Aug 31, 2020 1:54 PM

May 2018
Nice start, though it was quite poorly animated.

Lol Natsu and Happy haven't changed a bit after the time skip
Sep 3, 2020 9:21 AM
Aug 2020
Is it right if I watch this series after watching the second series (2014) ??
Oct 4, 2020 4:01 AM

Jun 2020
The colour palette looks bright again, nice
This anime shit is addictive
Mar 11, 2022 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
Feels weird going into this season already knowing about Charle's human transformation from the OVA and Movie 2.
Also how everyone was already back together and their new powerups after a year being away from each other.

I hope the series can deliver the quality of animation we saw from the Movie to really showcase their improvements.

And in Fairy Tail style we gotta start with fodder ofcourse, these Orochi Fin members should hopefully be gone next episode.
Mar 12, 2022 10:31 AM
Sep 2020
PrOxAnto said:
Feels weird going into this season already knowing about Charle's human transformation from the OVA and Movie 2.
Also how everyone was already back together and their new powerups after a year being away from each other.

I hope the series can deliver the quality of animation we saw from the Movie to really showcase their improvements.

And in Fairy Tail style we gotta start with fodder ofcourse, these Orochi Fin members should hopefully be gone next episode.

my friend i am telling youto keep your expectations low on the animation quality
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» What is the reason for so much hatred for fairy tail series ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 29

46 by Arminken »»
Apr 23, 12:30 AM

» Any theories ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 3

16 by MiraStraussFan99 »»
Mar 10, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

202 by amlg »»
Jan 25, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

60 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

38 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.