Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2018 3:18 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And...it's back!

Catchy opening song similar to the style of some of the previous ones. We got to meet Natsu and Lucy right away along with Happy and the other Fairy Tail members like Gray, Erza, and Juvia. There's still usual comedic moments like Natsu doing some unpredictable things lol

Lyon, Wendy, and Shelia are also back! I guess the series is really trying to get fans familiar with the show again. Fun start.

Here's the opening song
https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1048695813956751360
Stark700Oct 6, 2018 3:52 PM
Oct 6, 2018 3:28 PM
Dec 2011
Strange. I thought the 1st episode was going to air tomorrow. Did they change it to today or something? I'm not understanding what is going on here.
Oct 6, 2018 3:31 PM

Nov 2011
TheImmortalOne50 said:
Strange. I thought the 1st episode was going to air tomorrow. Did they change it to today or something? I'm not understanding what is going on here.

No, it's today and in fact, Crunchyroll has the episode up.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/fairy-tail/episode-278-the-lamia-scale-thanksgiving-festival-777781
Oct 6, 2018 3:35 PM
Dec 2011
Stark700 said:
TheImmortalOne50 said:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/fairy-tail/episode-278-the-lamia-scale-thanksgiving-festival-777781

I find this very surprising. Thanks for posting it here!! And now I need to submit a request to MAL to changed the beginning air date from October 7th to the 6th.
Oct 6, 2018 3:54 PM

Apr 2015
TheImmortalOne50 said:
Stark700 said:

I find this very surprising. Thanks for posting it here!! And now I need to submit a request to MAL to changed the beginning air date from October 7th to the 6th.

No need to submit a request to change the air date, since it aired in Japan, October 7th at 7am, so this will be the usual time that Crunchyroll uploads the episode as well.
Oct 6, 2018 4:08 PM
Dec 2011
Awesome 1st episode!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!! Words cannot express of how happy I am right now!!!! :)
Oct 6, 2018 4:12 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty cool that Fairy Tail is back for it's final run.

Gotta admit that the intro scene with Erza talking over the slow theme playing in the background got me nostalgic.
Nice episode overall and a pretty nice recap as well.

Some of the moments with Lucy and Natsu were hilarious especially the one where blows fire under her skirt and the tickling. xD

Nooo! Wendy, we can't have Fairy Tail without you. :(
Hope she decides to come back once Shelia proves that she can handle herself.
Oct 6, 2018 4:17 PM

Nov 2016
The opening is great as usual. Fairy Tail really has the catchiest ones.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 6, 2018 4:21 PM
Nov 2013
The songs were awesome, the art is perfect, the animation is great. I've really enjoyed this episode and liked the "spoiler" they put at the start.

One thing i can't understand is why they have showen "her" and the 12? That's not clear to me
Oct 6, 2018 4:38 PM
Jul 2018
I only care if Gray's back
Oct 6, 2018 4:38 PM

Jun 2015
I am the biggest ft fanboy and I approve of this ep 10/10
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Oct 6, 2018 4:49 PM

Jun 2015
Wendy made the episode watchable I r8 wendy/10
Oct 6, 2018 4:57 PM

May 2014
KanonDE said:
She's the worst girl though, and especially in this episode where she did nothing.
Oct 6, 2018 5:13 PM

Aug 2012
TheImmortalOne50 said:
Stark700 said:

But the beginning air date is already right at being out on the 7th in Japan, there’s no need to change.
Oct 6, 2018 5:14 PM
Dec 2011
sim0n2170 said:
TheImmortalOne50 said:

But the beginning air date is already right at being out on the 7th in Japan, there’s no need to change.

Yeah, you do have a point. Eh, it happens.
Oct 6, 2018 5:19 PM
Nov 2017
I’m happy for FT fans that they get to experience the rest of FT in anime , just don’t let the haters ruin your experience .
Oct 6, 2018 5:54 PM

May 2013
Fiary Tail's back? Aye Sir!
Oct 6, 2018 6:02 PM

Dec 2009
Ericonator said:
KanonDE said:
She's the worst girl though, and especially in this episode where she did nothing.

WHOA WHOA WHOA, worst girl!? Are you kidding!? She's had the most development out of any female character in the show and maybe the most development of any character period. Wendy is freaking awesome and goes on to show it many times.
Oct 6, 2018 6:05 PM

Jun 2015
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Ericonator said:

WHOA WHOA WHOA, worst girl!? Are you kidding!? She's had the most development out of any female character in the show and maybe the most development of any character period. Wendy is freaking awesome and goes on to show it many times.

He's probably just a hater
Oct 6, 2018 6:19 PM
Dec 2011
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Ericonator said:

Yeah, just another FT hater. Just ignore them haters, they're insults amount to nothing.
Oct 6, 2018 6:21 PM

Jan 2008
Did Lucy's boobs get smaller?

OP is really upbeat, liking it.

Not a big fan of Fairy Tail but really nice to see the characters again.

Bonus points for Wendy wearing all her outfits in a single episode.

Animation wasn't anything particularly special, hopefully it doesn't take too much of a dip like the previous one tended too.
Oct 6, 2018 6:34 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good first episode to get Season 3 started off!

It was nice to see the faces of Erza, Juvia and Gray in the beginning there. Looks like Natsu and Lucy are finally on their journey to find all the former members of Fairy Tail. Op was nice and so was the ED, and so was the animation so that’s great! On the other hand. Wendy seems to be like a hard task as of now, and I’m looking forward to seeing how emotional the next episode will be. Natsu looking for a fight even now, just goes to show how much he’s retained his eccentric self and it’s nice to see him and Happy are still the same through and through. Charle’s human form was hilarious to see though.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 6, 2018 7:19 PM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
"I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry..."

OP plays

cries

I really like the shift in art (specifically colour) style, it feels like a combination of the best elements of the past 2 seasons for me. Overall, I'm very happy with the first episode and I hope it can keep up that same Fairy Tail magic.
ShymanderOct 6, 2018 7:23 PM
Oct 6, 2018 7:25 PM

Oct 2015
I'm so happy its back!

I missed Natsu's rampaging, he sure cleared those monsters. Sheila and Wendy's singing was terrible for me, what's up with that song and what does it mean?? It looks like action has begun already, Sheila stealing Happy was the funniest.

Loving it and hope to see the rest of the guild.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 6, 2018 7:43 PM
May 2017
Not going to lie the OP was p good, but as a manga reader, I know what's coming and I'm bracing for the disappointment in animated form.
Oct 6, 2018 7:45 PM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
Taifood said:
Not going to lie the OP was p good, but as a manga reader, I know what's coming and I'm bracing for the disappointment in animated form.

Unfortunately same... but I'm not gonna let that drag down my enjoyment of the show's final season.
Oct 6, 2018 7:50 PM

Sep 2018
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Ericonator said:

Wendy's far from the worst character. That said, her usefulness and character development has been pretty limited since she's held back by Charle being there. Charle gets a lot of the lines or actions Wendy by all rights should of had, so her character really suffered because of that.

So while Wendy isnt bad at all, having the actual worst girl dragging her down does make her a lot less useful. Its a shame as I like Wendy's character a lot.

Hopefully with Charle's new form Wendy gets more sole time, and more time to shine and get decent strength.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Oct 6, 2018 7:55 PM

Nov 2015
Nero_Angelo said:
I only care if Gray's back

Agreed.

Seeing the opening, the animators should've put in Gray individually instead of having Juvia tag him all the time.
Oct 6, 2018 8:19 PM

Jun 2014
It's nice to be able to see the rest of the story animated, despite how....tragically terrible it's going to become.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 6, 2018 8:22 PM

Jul 2015
Nice start,the op is good but as a manga reader i know it's gonna turn garbage.

Oct 6, 2018 8:38 PM

Aug 2017
I read the last arc from the manga and is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. My final score will be 2 or 3.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 6, 2018 8:38 PM

Jul 2017
Decent first episode but I have low standards for this show. Hopefully I'm wrong.

However, it was nice seeing them back after a while. I nearly flunked my A Levels because of binging this show that I didn't even like and now I'm in university, so it feels a bit nostalgic too.

OP is nice tho.
Oct 6, 2018 8:42 PM

Dec 2014
Oh I missed this show so much, even though I've read the manga I'm really gonna enjoy this!
Oct 6, 2018 9:01 PM

Apr 2014
with Fairy Tail it goes like this i loved the series season and even the first movie but then with the second season came the 2014 one i could barely watch it as it just seemed so downgraded that it was really hard to watch

but with this final season i went in thinking it was gonna have the same feel as the 2014 Fairy Tail but tbh i was pretty surprised with this first ep

the art style and animations are a lot better compared to the 2014 season while season 1 is still the best this is still really good am glad they're putting a lot more into this season than the last one and it shows

with that said i'll be enjoying this final season/final arcs
DazeFireOct 6, 2018 9:11 PM
"one step at a time"
Oct 6, 2018 9:13 PM

Jan 2018
Yay fairy tail is back I'm so happy

Catnapped lol
Oct 6, 2018 9:19 PM
Aug 2017
That was a good one. They only tool a little more than 2 chapters for an episode. So it is going to be awesome. Few anime original part. Looking forward to it.!!!!!!
Oct 6, 2018 10:32 PM

Jan 2016
Kinda funny how I know how bad the final arc will be but I still smiled so much throughout the entire episode, Fairy Tail is just special to some of us I guess despite its flaws.

The opening is great! Surprised surprised! Well not really cause FT always nails the openings and the soundtrack
Oct 6, 2018 10:51 PM

Jan 2018
Oof it's finally back and I'm hyped. Great OP as usual for FT.
Oct 6, 2018 11:25 PM

Oct 2017
The OST in this show. Sits so well. Good to be back!
"After struggling, losing my way, and suffering... the answer I arrived at was so laughably simple..."
Oct 6, 2018 11:40 PM

Aug 2016
Nurguburu said:
I read the last arc from the manga and is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. My final score will be 2 or 3.

Same. The only way that this ends up being at least decent, is if they decide not to adapt the manga faithfully. But I highly doubt that this will happen.
Oct 6, 2018 11:51 PM

Dec 2017
Im a huge fairy tail fan, when the opening started i couldn't help myself but jump with joy i feel like a little kid again.
Oct 6, 2018 11:54 PM
Dec 2017
I'm SO happy that Fairy Tail's back! They're using the same OSTs as well! Also, I noticed that they brought back the chibi's they used in the earlier Fairy Tail ending songs. I'm glad they did. They were one of the small things I missed about Fairy Tail.
Oct 7, 2018 12:03 AM

Feb 2015
OMG, this first episode was amazing. A so much better start than with season 2. Omegahype for next episode.
Oct 7, 2018 12:09 AM

Jan 2016
Yeeeeeboy. I'm just so excited about the Alvarez arc tbh. Also,it seems that each retrieval of the key members of the guild will take at 2 episodes hmmm.
Oct 7, 2018 12:26 AM

Aug 2016
The 1st episode was like... amazingly exciting!! The quality is just outstanding!! Can't wait for next week's episode "Because I Love You"!
Oct 7, 2018 12:29 AM

Oct 2016
I just wanted to say that waking up to a new Fairy Tail episode on Sunday morning is the best feeling ever! Yesterday I had finished re-watching the whole series minus fillers. Quite the timing!
Oct 7, 2018 12:59 AM

Apr 2012
I read the manga forever ago. But what i can remember from this part is that they round up multiple members in one chapter.
Most of this is just anime only filler right, including the fight at the end?
The reason im asking is because I want to have a general idea of how many episodes we can expect.
Good episode none-the-less though, good animation, very nice OS, bad-mediocre ES.
If the quality will continue this way, and no random stupid filler enemies are being introduced ill be very happy with this season :)
Paul said:
Did Lucy's boobs get smaller?

Nah, they are still abominably large but the same size, just look at the OS. Just because we do not see this waist/breast ratio in most anime (aside from One Piece, where both breasts/ass grow and waist size gets reduced with each arc ;). Shelia has grown, so has wendy. But god do i feel like a f'ing loli even saying so.
FluxjeOct 7, 2018 1:14 AM
Oct 7, 2018 1:08 AM

Feb 2018
These monsters seem to be crazy useless. ALso they didn't even draw them as individuals they just had a big brown flood invade the city.....
Oct 7, 2018 1:19 AM

Sep 2014
Damn, I really loved this episode with all the funny moments and character interactions... but then I remembered what happens later in the story and cannot possibly give a better score than the lowest one. T_T
Oct 7, 2018 1:25 AM

Apr 2015
It's so good to see this again and it just awesome! We got a bit of a small recap of the events of Fairy Tail 2014 by still images. Comedy is straight off the bat just how like it from previous Fairy Tail seasons. Natsu just being Natsu, just want to wreck things.

Lucy's smirk was just amazing! Loved that.

We get to see the Lamia Scale guild members as well, together with Wendy who have joined their guild. The song Wendy and Shelia sang was adorably cute! Charles is a catgirl now.

Wendy doesn't want to leave Lamia Scale to rebuild Fairy Tail, hopefully she'll change her mind soon.

Oh Natsu, how I have missed you. You never fail to amaze me. I am legit hyped for this upcoming season. I couldn't be more happier! AYE SIR!

FAIRY TAIL IS BACK!
CeddyyBearrOct 7, 2018 1:29 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is the reason for so much hatred for fairy tail series ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 29

49 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
May 6, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

78 by Zorosuke_ »»
Apr 29, 2:12 AM

» Any theories ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 3

16 by MiraStraussFan99 »»
Mar 10, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

202 by amlg »»
Jan 25, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

60 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 9:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.