Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2018 12:50 PM

May 2017
That first episode was absolutely hilarious, completely unexpected. I honestly went into this thinking it was some sort of zombie battle anime, but boy was I wrong.
Oct 4, 2018 12:57 PM
Mar 2018
What did i just watch. So it's zombie idols now ... Ok...
Loved the start of the episode ,starts out like a slice of life than BAM!
Oct 4, 2018 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
thepath said:
Is this a serious or a compedy anime ?! I did not watch it all, but I saw some scenes and it looks more like stupid comedy show ( I saw some girls singing some zombie song on stage)

I don't know if it worth watching. I was expecting some serious and quality anime from MAPPA

Oct 4, 2018 1:11 PM

Apr 2017
Who comes up with these ideas? Seriously, wth are producers smoking back at MAPPA studios.
wDOJoiDec 18, 2018 11:32 AM
Oct 4, 2018 1:23 PM
Mar 2018
Somebody tell japan that Death Metal isn't just screaming with loud generic drum and an axe, but actual lyrics with screams and a full band with a sheet. Hell, most death metal songs are probably more lyrical than the US charts in general.

Plus anyone else got the feeling that it looked a bit like Gekkan Shouji Nozaki-Kun?
Oct 4, 2018 1:26 PM
Mar 2018
Afloo said:
Just found the AOTS that almost nobody is gonna watch until it ends/reaches the halfway point.

This show did something I didn't expect. I expected a "Cute girls vs Zombies" Show not a Cute Zombie Idol show. The Start was also very sudden with a Character death before the 2 minute mark.

At least Truck-Sama fulfilled his mission unlike last time COUGH Fuuka COUGH

I also thought from the name and the panel alone that it would be more like the Zombieland movie, where a group of survivors battle against zombies or maybe even a zombie driven themepark, but not the protagonists being zombies. Even though I already smell the rotting drama...
Oct 4, 2018 1:28 PM
Aug 2016
EroKing_AS said:

Not even 2 minutes in lol

Truck-kun’s list of victims keeps growing.
Oct 4, 2018 1:38 PM
Aug 2016
Hououin Kyouma is creating zombies now? He really is the mad scientist!
Oct 4, 2018 1:48 PM
Jul 2016
First impressions as experienced through the first ep.:
1. Too kawaii for a zombie scenery
2. Well, that escalated quickly.
3. Wtf?
4. Wtf? Again
5. Zombie idols masked as non-zombies?

Anyone else with the same experience?
Oct 4, 2018 1:48 PM

Mar 2014
What the hell did I just watch? omg, I'm intrigued just how far into the bizarre they're going to take this anime
Oct 4, 2018 1:59 PM

Apr 2016
Man.. what the fuck was that?
Oct 4, 2018 1:59 PM

Mar 2017
It was one hell if a surprise. How do I put it, I had the complete opposite idea about this show. The genre Action, Horror, Supernatural doesn't even make any sense now lol. The comedy and episode overall was great.
I'll be sticking with it. I'll end up liking this show a lot. I think!
Oct 4, 2018 2:07 PM

Apr 2014
This is already my favorite show if the season, this is just amazing in every single way...
Oct 4, 2018 2:10 PM

Mar 2010
thought it was a isekai when Truck-san appeared and ran her over

I'm glad they woken up but i hope there's less yelling next episode

Im going to try another episode for the guy who screaming at the main girl, its going to be good
StardewOct 4, 2018 5:09 PM
Oct 4, 2018 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
Ok, I don't know what they're smoking when they made this, but this is freaking awesome LMAO

The way the producer guy talks is so Hououin Kyouma (they even got the same VA), except he's not a chuunibyou which surprisingly makes it even better.
Oct 4, 2018 2:31 PM

Apr 2015
Holy shit that opening scene! It scared the living hell out of when she got hit by that small truck! For me one of the most surprising opening scenes I have ever seen!

Ok so first impression... WHAT IN THE WORLD DID I WATCH??? However I can't say I dislike this at all, this is one to look out for XD
Oct 4, 2018 2:35 PM

Nov 2014
Damn was hoping for something like HighSchool of the Dead or Gakkou Garashi.

I did get through 13 minutes of this and disliked everything about it.

I guess you need to be a Comedy anime fan to enjoy it?
Oct 4, 2018 2:46 PM

Apr 2015
I only stayed for Mamoru, top-tier VA.

It was meh, it might turn out good but it's meh so far.
Oct 4, 2018 2:46 PM

Jun 2009
okayt he beginning wasnt soo bad but than wtf a zombie girl band give me a break
Oct 4, 2018 2:48 PM

Mar 2014
Unexpectedly great! This show might just be a must watch to the audience it caters to, mostly those who like to watch idol shows.

In my case, I enjoy everything as long as it is "good" in its target area, and this episode is one of those. It's surprising in a good way, quite new in its premise, and it's the first anime that made me flinched with its first jumpscare. Will definitely continue watching and hope it becomes its own good thing rather than advertisement.

Also the ED song isn't bad at all! I'd say it's pretty good.
Oct 4, 2018 2:53 PM

Dec 2017
to be honest, here i am expecting nothing and still get surprised every second

my thoughts process was like:
“oh, she’s aspired to become an idol”
“oh, she’s transferred into a zombie world”
“oh, she’s a zombie”
“oh, she a zombie idol
“....”
“so, they’re kawaii metal idol...?”

i dont know what i expect because i never watch any zombie anime like Gakkou or HotD

but if they pull up a BABYMETAL kind of idol group, i’m certainly in for a ride.
Oct 4, 2018 3:06 PM

Jan 2017
Well this was unexpected. I'll give it another few episodes, this could go both ways for me.

I wonder if they'll gradually change the style of music to the typical idol pop style, I could see that happening but I'm not sure if it would be a good thing, at least for me. The hilariousness of the currect situation would be probably gone.

Miyano being extra is always a positive, he and the sudden truck got me the most.
Oct 4, 2018 3:15 PM

Sep 2011
I thought that was funny as shit, I feel like this has for more potential than just some horror zombie show, like i read alot of survival manga stuff and id like to see one of those dumb edgefest animated im not going to pretend they are of actual quality.
JizzyHitlerOct 4, 2018 3:25 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 4, 2018 3:22 PM

Jul 2017
Cygames the company that brought you horse-girl idols, now bring you zombie-girl idols! 😄
Awesome opening, sure caught me by surprise. If MAPPA do as good-a-job as P. A. Works did with Uma Masume we could be seeing an AOTS contender.
Oct 4, 2018 3:25 PM
Jul 2015
okay first of all, i think this anime will be unique

1st episode really give me a good impact at the beginning of the episode

sakura got hitted by truck-san. and then she woke up in mansion full zombies
my 1st thought was sakura got hitted by truck-san maybe just her dreams or something and the she wake up and fight some zombies for survive

and i was like "finally another good quality zombies anime"

but i was wrong.....

the beginning of the episode really give me a good impact. people will think this anime will be another survival zombie shows like HOTD or gakkou guraishi..

but suddenly all the anime content got changed into idol zombie or something ?
when sakura run out from the mansion and then seeing herself on mirror i was like rewatching sankarea again.

until that necromancer came out from nowhere and want to make sakura an idol zombie.
wow. the setting was really unique. mind blowing for the 1st episode

but really i think this stuff will be good beacuse this anime really out of the box.

moe zombies with a little touch of horror and tsukomi's ?
why not mate ?

i'll continue seeing this stuff :DD

7 out of 10 for this anime

Oct 4, 2018 3:29 PM

Feb 2018
lol i wanted to watch something with idols
found the perfect one

and tae chan lmao just jumps into the crowd
"start with a mosh" hahaha

this is gona be good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2018 3:31 PM

May 2013
Anime of the fucking millenium
Oct 4, 2018 3:37 PM
Jan 2014
A classic death in Japan... for a fantastic future Idol!

This Intro was fabulous!! WTF!!! A very hilarious way to die and in such a beautiful moment of Sakura's life!

Idols and Zombies... that explosive and rare combination xD

Oct 4, 2018 3:39 PM

Dec 2017
Zombie girls can't be this cute, kyaaa!
So the show was unusual to say the least. The opening scene gave me a jumpscare lol. The artstyle is decent, Nothing special. The ending song is pretty chill and I liked it. The idol performance, let's put that aside haha.

The voice acting was my favourite part of the show. Mamoru doing the male MC's voice in the most funniest way possible. And the female MC's kansai dailect is to die for. ❤
Enjoyed this first episode quite a bit. Definitely looking forward to being introduced to the other death musmes.
Oct 4, 2018 3:41 PM
Oct 2018
I liked it! I think this anime will be Great!👌
Oct 4, 2018 3:53 PM

Jun 2012
What the fuck was this?

I'll keep watching.
Oct 4, 2018 3:59 PM
May 2018
ToastyOtaku said:
I'm really hoping this was a joke episode, I was expecting Moe Girls shooting guns off in the zombie apocalypse. But no.
Just because you don't get what you expected doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. Expectations are stupid things to expect from an anime with no information. Premise is the least important thing ever too, it's the execution that matters.
Oct 4, 2018 4:06 PM
May 2016
When the zombies came out I was like “There look really cute,” and now I know why XD. I did not expect that at all, but I guess I’ll stick around for a few weeks.
Oct 4, 2018 4:11 PM

Aug 2017
That was cringeworthy, the public seemed more a crowd for motley crue or some other glam metal band than for death metal.

Hmm so this wants to capitalizes on kawaii metal idols, ala babymetal, hmm...

Dont know If I liked it or not but left me with eyebrow raised.
Oct 4, 2018 4:12 PM

Aug 2013
The untold story of Babymetal turned into an anime. I'm good with this.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 4, 2018 4:13 PM

Nov 2013
is this a satire? about idols being zombies lol?
Oct 4, 2018 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
The only thing I can say after watching this is "Sasuga Nippon!". I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt and watch the second episode just to be sure that this first episode isn't trolling. If it turns out that this isn't Mappa trolling us then thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick to Gakkou Gurashi, an actually decent zombie story.
Oct 4, 2018 4:59 PM
May 2018
A really straight forward start. It really caught me off guard when the show started out all happy. Probably one of the first shows I've seen where the main character suddenly dies in the first minute (I've seen others that did the same, Konosuba is one of them).

You'd never expect "Zombieland Sega" to be a show about idols. I mean, what I expected was a bunch of cute girls fighting zombies, or (judging from the PV) a show about... not sure if I got any ideas from the PV actually.

The show did manage to get me interested, I'm excited to see where this story leads to.

A good 7/10 (judging from only first episode)
*that animation of those two birds near the end was horrible*
Oct 4, 2018 5:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was the single greatest thing I've seen all year lol, and I don't even like Idol shows

My expectations have been blown straight out of the galaxy and I fucking love it LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO

In terms of first episodes, this is definitely the AOTY xD
Oct 4, 2018 5:07 PM

Oct 2015
That was funny AF, Tae trying to bite a fan was my highlight and it looks like she is the only one who hasn't awake. I think me and this series are gonna get along just great.

Zombie idols huh! Can't wait for the next.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 4, 2018 5:11 PM
Jul 2017
I watched the first Episode and I fucking hated it. I wanted to watch something before going to bed and now I am sitting here at 2 am in the morning writing this post. I hated it so much I was driven to expess myself on here, something I normally would never do. what follows is a sort of review of Episode 1, so:
SPOILERS AHEAD!

ok so it begins interesting, the main Character is set up, everythings fine.
then of course the shock moment/ the Car hits the Protagonist and kills her. I really liked the Idea they had with this, but it was so terribly executed...
why did they make so many cuts with different angles? this is such an outdated editing technique you will only find this stuff in bad bollywood movies. it takes away from the impact of the scene.
then they added very bad noisy death metal over that scene, which was supposed to make the scene more brutal? but it just ended up being stupid and edgy. it was very tryhard.
quick Side note I actually am a musician and mainly write Metal music myself, I dont hate metal, i am actually a big metal fan.
The Scene would have been a lot better and more impactful if it was a quicker cut, and just SILENCE. play the sound of a car hitting a person, followed by silence, then add the sound of a body hitting the floor. that would have been amazing! but no, they tried to be edgy.

so now she woke up in that abandoned building. My first thought was wait, is this an Iseikai? (God now I wish it was an Iseikai. would have been better.)

So I actually really enjoyed the whole escape sequence. it was well animated, I liked the way the zombie girl stood up with seemingly broken limbs, it was very creepy. also I did not see the twist of (SPOILER) her being a zombie coming, so it was surprising, but then again, why did the other zombies attack her if she was also a zombie? does not make any sense in hindsight.

ok so Mr. Glasses shows up. Now should be the time where the Anime explains what the fuck is going on BUT NO! The Writers decide lets shit on our Audience. Mr. Glasses even says it himself! "One THing led to another... it doesnt matter. now you are a zombie, deal with it!" BULL FUCKIN SHIT. You cant just omit this stuff. imagine a history lesson:

Some Bloke got rejected from Art school, One Thing led to another and he gassed 2.000.000+ mil Jews and started World war 2. I mean yeah, sure, Omit some stuff but at least explain SOMETHING! this is a big no no.

also she was a zombie/Dead for 10 years? do corpses not rot? nevermind, the anime does not make any sense what did I expect?

Ok so my last complaint: they use Metal music throughout the episode but are completely shitting on metal culture.
The Music in this show sucks. thats fine, somethimes thats how it is. the band that plays before Death Musume(name pending) played some shitty metal, thats fine, its a throwaway band. THEN the protagonist band shows up.
Now Imagine you are in the audience. This is what you see:
a girl band shows up. Metal starts playing, clearly playback, no one is playing an Instrument. the Girls start "Headbanging" like crazy Psychos. it looks more like they are convulsing. then they start to scream at you. not like lyrics or anything,
just... a scream. I can promise you that you would not enjoy this. no metal fan would enjoy this. But in the Anime, the metalheads love it, like its the new era of metal.

This Anime should decide on wheter they like metal, or they hate metal. because they use metal an awful lot, the songs they made are terrible and the way they portrayed metalheads is plain stupid and the people who wrote the script dont know what they are doing. It seems to me that death musume will be a metal idol band, which is terrible. the Anime clearly states its opinion on metal and the metal culture by completely shitting on it, but still relying on it.
Also I want to point out that the Metal meets Idol thing does work, best example is Babymetal. you dont have to like the band to see that they are successful. But they are successful because the songs are unique and catchy. Death Musume has nothing. sorry.

I want to give you an example of a recent show that did the opposite: Asobi Asobase. the show has basically nothing to do with metal at all. but they chose for the ending to be metal, because they wanted a stark contrast to the opening, which was very calm and magical fairy unicorny. so they could have just put on some generic heavy Metal with lots of screaming but what did they do? they actually tried and put effort into it and made one of the best songs that came out of anime in a while. Yes they used heavy guitars, and growls and everything, but they also hired good musicians to do it.

So yeah, I fucking hated it. I am going to bed now. this literally kept me from sleeping. I do feel kind of bad for posting this and shitting so much on the anime. I will probably watch the second Episode, but more so to proove to myself that this is garbage. I will come back after like 7-8 hours to check on the responses if there are any.

before posting I checked out what studio made this anime and it is MAPPA? the guys who made Yuri on Ice? man this has to be their D Team... even B and C could do better...
Oct 4, 2018 5:21 PM

Dec 2015
ZinByakuya said:
I watched the first Episode and I fucking hated it. I wanted to watch something before going to bed and now I am sitting here at 2 am in the morning writing this post. I hated it so much I was driven to expess myself on here, something I normally would never do. what follows is a sort of review of Episode 1, so:
SPOILERS AHEAD!

ok so it begins interesting, the main Character is set up, everythings fine.
then of course the shock moment/ the Car hits the Protagonist and kills her. I really liked the Idea they had with this, but it was so terribly executed...
why did they make so many cuts with different angles? this is such an outdated editing technique you will only find this stuff in bad bollywood movies. it takes away from the impact of the scene.
then they added very bad noisy death metal over that scene, which was supposed to make the scene more brutal? but it just ended up being stupid and edgy. it was very tryhard.
quick Side note I actually am a musician and mainly write Metal music myself, I dont hate metal, i am actually a big metal fan.
The Scene would have been a lot better and more impactful if it was a quicker cut, and just SILENCE. play the sound of a car hitting a person, followed by silence, then add the sound of a body hitting the floor. that would have been amazing! but no, they tried to be edgy.

so now she woke up in that abandoned building. My first thought was wait, is this an Iseikai? (God now I wish it was an Iseikai. would have been better.)

So I actually really enjoyed the whole escape sequence. it was well animated, I liked the way the zombie girl stood up with seemingly broken limbs, it was very creepy. also I did not see the twist of (SPOILER) her being a zombie coming, so it was surprising, but then again, why did the other zombies attack her if she was also a zombie? does not make any sense in hindsight.

ok so Mr. Glasses shows up. Now should be the time where the Anime explains what the fuck is going on BUT NO! The Writers decide lets shit on our Audience. Mr. Glasses even says it himself! "One THing led to another... it doesnt matter. now you are a zombie, deal with it!" BULL FUCKIN SHIT. You cant just omit this stuff. imagine a history lesson:

Some Bloke got rejected from Art school, One Thing led to another and he gassed 2.000.000+ mil Jews and started World war 2. I mean yeah, sure, Omit some stuff but at least explain SOMETHING! this is a big no no.

also she was a zombie/Dead for 10 years? do corpses not rot? nevermind, the anime does not make any sense what did I expect?

Ok so my last complaint: they use Metal music throughout the episode but are completely shitting on metal culture.
The Music in this show sucks. thats fine, somethimes thats how it is. the band that plays before Death Musume(name pending) played some shitty metal, thats fine, its a throwaway band. THEN the protagonist band shows up.
Now Imagine you are in the audience. This is what you see:
a girl band shows up. Metal starts playing, clearly playback, no one is playing an Instrument. the Girls start "Headbanging" like crazy Psychos. it looks more like they are convulsing. then they start to scream at you. not like lyrics or anything,
just... a scream. I can promise you that you would not enjoy this. no metal fan would enjoy this. But in the Anime, the metalheads love it, like its the new era of metal.

This Anime should decide on wheter they like metal, or they hate metal. because they use metal an awful lot, the songs they made are terrible and the way they portrayed metalheads is plain stupid and the people who wrote the script dont know what they are doing. It seems to me that death musume will be a metal idol band, which is terrible. the Anime clearly states its opinion on metal and the metal culture by completely shitting on it, but still relying on it.
Also I want to point out that the Metal meets Idol thing does work, best example is Babymetal. you dont have to like the band to see that they are successful. But they are successful because the songs are unique and catchy. Death Musume has nothing. sorry.

I want to give you an example of a recent show that did the opposite: Asobi Asobase. the show has basically nothing to do with metal at all. but they chose for the ending to be metal, because they wanted a stark contrast to the opening, which was very calm and magical fairy unicorny. so they could have just put on some generic heavy Metal with lots of screaming but what did they do? they actually tried and put effort into it and made one of the best songs that came out of anime in a while. Yes they used heavy guitars, and growls and everything, but they also hired good musicians to do it.

So yeah, I fucking hated it. I am going to bed now. this literally kept me from sleeping. I do feel kind of bad for posting this and shitting so much on the anime. I will probably watch the second Episode, but more so to proove to myself that this is garbage. I will come back after like 7-8 hours to check on the responses if there are any.

before posting I checked out what studio made this anime and it is MAPPA? the guys who made Yuri on Ice? man this has to be their D Team... even B and C could do better...

Wow chill... We know you love metal ok?... you don't have to watch this if it offends you this much
Oct 4, 2018 5:22 PM

Jan 2011
boy heard some buzz about this had no idea if it was gonna be serious or dumb but truck-kun happened and it jumps right into metal and man is this *metal* lol

jabaited into yet another idol anime with a twist !

hoping this show brings some memes because it already has accumulated a ton of salt (like god damn some of ya'll are angry)
Oct 4, 2018 5:31 PM

Dec 2017
That was... unexpected.

Idols + Zombies, eh... I like that!

And there's our beloved mad scientist! He's so cool!
Oct 4, 2018 5:38 PM

Feb 2013
Mamoru Miyano voice acting was over the top lmao
Oct 4, 2018 5:46 PM
Mar 2018
just mix LOVE LIVE with DETROIT METAL CITY and vuala!!! here you have a new Masterpiece of comedy :v
Oct 4, 2018 6:03 PM

Dec 2014
Glorious just glorious, that's what I'm talking about. Hilarious but extremely fun to watch. XD

The transition to the intro from the car crash was absolutely epic, like that's one of the best transitions to an OP I've seen.

Mamoru Miyano with the stellar performances, I love it when he does these types of characters. Makes me laugh so much. XD

Great start, expecting great things.
Oct 4, 2018 6:21 PM

Sep 2015

Are you trying to find meaning to a series that deals with absurd comedy and that uses just what you complain most to put together a parody of situations and even make fun of them?

You are the ones who try to analyze coherently a children's program like Peppa pig?

For my part, delighted in the way they promoted the series, with little information, even using a name that gave to think of one of the many series of zombies that exist. A surprise and I'll see her, the voice work seems like a masterpiece, Mappa is encouraging in an excellent way and this kind of absurd humor I love.
Oct 4, 2018 6:24 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That was fucking retarded ... and i loved it.

Best first episode this season, so far.

Shaft has some competition for head tilts, dem 180 headbang.
DatRandomDudeOct 4, 2018 6:30 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 4, 2018 6:34 PM
Jul 2015
This anime has the Best opening at the season...
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.