Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 5, 2018 12:00 PM
Mar 2015
Swagernator said:
This was as bad as if it was a light novel adaptation, wait it is actually a light novel adaptation, well thats that. Looks like more shitier version of Oregairu and more edgyer version of that clasroom of elite or what was the name, which was bad as much as possible.

I mean look: MC - as bland as its get, but with "cool backstory" (he is fighter yeah chicks like that) and Imouto - ofc there must be imouto.

Would you disappear if no one paid any attention to you?
Oct 5, 2018 12:02 PM

Apr 2016
landofthekwt said:
Swagernator said:
This was as bad as if it was a light novel adaptation, wait it is actually a light novel adaptation, well thats that. Looks like more shitier version of Oregairu and more edgyer version of that clasroom of elite or what was the name, which was bad as much as possible.

I mean look: MC - as bland as its get, but with "cool backstory" (he is fighter yeah chicks like that) and Imouto - ofc there must be imouto.

Would you disappear if no one paid any attention to you?

Only if we follow rules of this shitty light novel adaptation Lol.
Oct 5, 2018 1:31 PM

Aug 2018
Loving a love-com with mystery. I even like MC and want to know all about him. Don't you think that recently good animes have "ok" openings? this sealed the deal to me, this will be great.
Oct 5, 2018 3:08 PM

Jul 2015
Very interesting first episode, the setting looks promising and I liked the main duo and their interactions quite a lot.
Oct 5, 2018 3:35 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty mediocre so far, but the mystery intrigues me, so I'll keep watching
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Oct 5, 2018 5:01 PM
Apr 2015

for now the story to my liking flows naturally despite how strange it is all in itself,

I stress that only within anime terms. pretty nice
Oct 5, 2018 5:05 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Tokoya said:
The look and feel of the show gave me Oregairu vibes but with a twist of supernatural aspects added in and I loved it

The two leads were great, his two friends are likable and the little sister is pretty cute....This whole Adolescence Syndrome thing is kinda weird but its weird in a good way, and I'm super intrigued to see where they take this phenomenon

Great first episode (Also, I'm shipping our two leads so hard lol)

Have only seen Oregairu S1 but I agree, and this series definitly seems to focus alot on character development and dialogue (duh).
Can see myself enjoying this one already alot.
Oct 5, 2018 5:12 PM

Jun 2013
why does this remind me of Oregairu?
Oct 5, 2018 5:17 PM

Oct 2017
This anime has some problems, from weird pacing to CG background character. But, the dialogue is good and interesting and kinda reminds me of Monogatari.
I'll have some faith in this.
Oct 5, 2018 7:05 PM

Jan 2013
It has the same vibe as Charlotte, great first episode.

A lot of mysteries, gotta love it, i just hope this is not Ousama the game V2 :( Because c'mon, his sister had cuts that appeared out of nowhere... please don't let this be ousama the game 2 xD

The first few minutes of the episode are probably after everyone forgot about her, but we still have a long time to that part, i hope.

I liked this episode, hope this won't disappoint.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 5, 2018 9:30 PM
Jun 2016
So, for a first episode, looking good.

1.Regarding Mai, I am getting the Fuuko vibes about her.
2.Setting up to be a sad story already.
3.I kind of like the premise of this show. I also think we be seeing a big mind screw at the end....
4.Must read the manga
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Oct 6, 2018 6:02 AM

Aug 2017
As someone who has read the manga, it seems like at least for the 1st ep this is a good adaptation.
"As human beings, we all mature physically from childhood to adolescence and then into adulthood, but our emotions lag behind." - Bernard Sumner
Oct 6, 2018 6:53 AM

Jun 2017
this is SOOOOOO promosing,, enjoyed the first ep so much forreal it has potential i hope they dont ruin it.... cant wait for next one
Oct 6, 2018 8:09 AM
Apr 2015
Jizi99 said:
this is SOOOOOO promosing,, enjoyed the first ep so much forreal it has potential i hope they dont ruin it.... cant wait for next one

IKR!!!! I find it very interesting :))
Oct 6, 2018 2:51 PM

May 2009
Axelucard said:

Because MC is cynical loner and FeMC is cool dark haired beauty
Oct 6, 2018 3:31 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Quite dislike the MC to be honest, but thank god i gave a chance to this one.
Oct 6, 2018 4:06 PM

Jan 2016
I don't think this anime deserves such a high rating so far. I found this episode to be quite average.

I was laughing at parts in the start unintentionally because of how super-serious they were. "Hey, what do you think of bunny girls?" instant reaction "I don't like them." or however it went just cracked me up.

Still, its piqued my interest.
Oct 6, 2018 4:30 PM

Oct 2018
the synopsis was pretty misleading. i thought this was going to be some prepubescent kid having erotic delusions about his upperclassmen or something lol. but the first episode was intriguing enough. it seems like there is some type of supernatural thing going with all of them, thats interesting. the MC seems rather bland but i can always enjoy the kuudere, self-righteous, outcast, loner kid every now and then, like in Oregairu. i guess i'll continue watching it. i liked it.
Oct 6, 2018 4:32 PM

Sep 2017
I like this so far. Has kind of a mystery vibe, and I dig the supernatural elements. Looking forward to see where this goes.
Oct 7, 2018 12:46 AM

Aug 2013
Hey, this was pretty good. You can tell they are really putting an effort into it, even if just by copying other shows styles. I liked the kinda weird, parody-ish motif of it as well. The mc friend is too similar to him though, which was weird. I just hope the story doesn't take itself too seriously.

I'll certainly look forward to the next eps.
Oct 7, 2018 2:04 AM

Apr 2015
You can see that it's from a novel, from the name introduction scene and the somewhat novelly dialogue walking to school to the deadpan last scene in the room. Some other well constructed scenes too, I'm impressed.

I don't really like Seto and Kaito's acting here. Not bad, but should be better. I kinda like Shikaco and Tanezaki's though

Content-wise quite fun, there's still a bit of that snobby-cynical outsider atmosphere that put me off Oregairu but it's tolerable so far. I probably like the MCs better than Sakurasou's. About the premise, not sure. We'll see
Oct 7, 2018 4:18 AM

Apr 2013
Suprisingly enjoyable. Though the story and dialogue might be a bit weird, it just flows naturally
Oct 7, 2018 5:03 AM
Apr 2018
I think this anime is pretty adorable, the storyline is amazing and the characters are interesting. I especially like the end. What's your opinion about the first episode?
Oct 7, 2018 9:10 AM

Apr 2017
I enjoyed the kind of mysterious and questioning feeling this show gave me. So far it seems quite interesting and not the kind of anime I was expecting it to be at first.
Oct 7, 2018 9:39 AM

Dec 2016
This the love without a reason. I like it.
Oct 7, 2018 11:35 AM

Jun 2016
The first episode with the main character and his conversations and style they feel very fake deep and played out. I'm not someone who can just rewatch something they're already seen so I'm on the cusp of dropping after one episode.
Oct 7, 2018 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly loved Azusagawa. I cannot wait for more episodes. I don't think they connect at all but this seriously reminds me of HakoMari and I love it.
Oct 7, 2018 9:09 PM

Jul 2016
Axelucard said:

because this anime is basically a shittier version of that.
Oct 8, 2018 3:36 AM
Jul 2017
Opening is a bit catchy. I've read the manga adpatation (ended btw) (only adapted the first volume) and they're being pretty faithful to the original source. It's still too early to judge but I hope they continue with that. Animation is pretty rough but it's tolerable. Art kinda bland. Mai was a bit too dere for my liking so far in episode 1, hopefully they didn't take away her cool beauty charm away. Either way I'm going to stay here until the ride finishes
Oct 8, 2018 3:39 AM
Jul 2017
Swagernator said:

Classroom of the elite is good lol. MC is one of the better protagonists I've seen in anime. It's not even that edgy. It's only the first episode so idk why you're already giving it shit
Oct 8, 2018 5:51 AM

May 2009
I was expecting a whole lotta weird. We got weird, but not.. ecchi/harem weird lol.
I am not expecting a masterpiece, but I am interested in what will happen next.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 8, 2018 6:03 AM
Oct 2018
After seeingvthe first episode i feel that its going to be one hell of a journey.
This even got amazing MCs
Oct 8, 2018 4:25 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Unusual, but interesting. It's got a nice, slow pace going on that I don't mind.

Pretty sure they referenced Your Name when he was listing examples.

I'd like to see where this goes. It's piqued my interest.
Oct 8, 2018 6:43 PM

Aug 2013
Light novel with a high school setting ✓ Check
Self-insert protagonist with no personality ✓ Check
Younger sister teasing her brother to promote incest ✓ Check
Boring as hell and nothing of interest going on ✓ Check
Tsundere reactions ✓ Check
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Oct 9, 2018 3:22 AM
Oct 2018
Sm0ggy said:
Light novel with a high school setting ✓ Check
Self-insert protagonist with no personality ✓ Check
Younger sister teasing her brother to promote incest ✓ Check
Boring as hell and nothing of interest going on ✓ Check
Tsundere reactions ✓ Check

Where you saw a tsundere reaction huh.
Wow, you can judge that the MC has no personality just from the first episode
Amazing ,arent you?
Oct 9, 2018 7:25 AM
Dec 2009
that opening, i thing this will end bad. my heart couldnt take it
Oct 9, 2018 6:38 PM

Sep 2011
Man, MC is giving off a lot of Ayanokouji vibes and that's not a good thing. There is almost no emotion from any character outside of a few instances in this whole episode. Maybe I'll come back to this after it finishes but this doesn't seem like it has any hook to keep me coming back week to week.
Oct 9, 2018 6:51 PM

Nov 2014
A supernatural mystery, huh?

They seems really hesitant to talk much about many of the characters introduced, only really focusing on Sakuta and Mai, almost like we already know these characters. It's probably not unusual to start like that at all, but it does leave me unsure about pretty much everything.

It's nice that the main character knows he was an awful personality.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 10, 2018 4:07 AM

Aug 2015
It's a weird concept that Adolescent syndrome and it's interesting to find out more about this.

Oct 10, 2018 5:47 AM

Mar 2016
the concept is interesting. got me to lol a few times and got me curious enough. i'm looking forward to the next episodes

also im so sorry for that dude's little sister, i hope she'll be alright
Oct 10, 2018 6:08 AM
Jul 2018
I like it, cant wait for episode 2. Thank god it isnt a cliche or generic. This puberty syndrome thing is quite interesting
Oct 10, 2018 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
this is poor man's oregairu
Oct 10, 2018 3:10 PM
Oct 2016
Hey! I've just watched the episode, but I don't understand the start of the episode. Can someone help me? Why did he have notebook and there was a sentence from future? And why did he have memories from future on the start? Thanks.
Oct 10, 2018 3:57 PM
Jan 2017
This is shaping up to be my favorite anime of the season. I had stopped watching anime for a while after experiencing burnout, so it's good to see this anime has some serious potential. Sakuta and Mai are interesting and likeable characters and the mystery of Adolescence Syndrome places the series somewhere between the mundane and the supernatural. I definitely want to see what happens next.
Oct 10, 2018 6:20 PM

Oct 2017
Farabeuf said:
I'm not familiar with the source material, but I felt like this was somewhat rushed? Their relationship and level of confidence around each other seemed to improve in a matter of seconds.
Other than that I liked the MC's and the exploration of the syndrome. Let's see where they take this.

I haven't read the source but I just thought the flow had to do with a more cinematic style. More quick in execution, but gets the nuance and points across. I personally notaced a lot of nuance and could get an idea on what the characters were thinking without dialogue at points.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Oct 11, 2018 1:14 PM

Apr 2016
I'm getting Haruhi and Charlotte vibes. This seems really good.
Oct 12, 2018 7:15 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Good first episode, especially that I started watching it without knowing anything about this anime. Definitely intriguing
Oct 12, 2018 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
Grim tales of adolescence, eh? I have to admit, the genre classification of the series in the MAL database initially led me astray. However, I am glad that I still gave the first episode a go. it certainly left an intriguing impression.
Oct 13, 2018 2:59 AM

Dec 2015
Really nuanced and mysterious feel. Just glad to watch something that isn't brain dead as is the case with a lot of series these days.
~
Oct 13, 2018 8:54 AM

Mar 2017
I don't know whether I fully understand the supernatural elements and what the heck is going on, but the dialogues are entertaining and I really like how the series looks and sounds. It's definitely some high quality stuff! Maybe if I end up liking it I will revisit the Monogatari Series, which is also very talkative but visually impressive.

4/5 so far.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Yesterday, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.