Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2018 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, it looks like the final episode included some characters that I think people are familiar with from the second season. Too bad about Gazef. He never stood a chance against Ainz.

Ainz's power is still very evident with his summonings like his Death Knights. It's also seriously about time that we got to see some Albedo. She's been really absent in these latest episodes...

The finale is what it is I guess. Didn't feel too special but seeing characters like Sebas, Albedo, Shalltear again was kinda cool.
Stark700Oct 2, 2018 7:39 AM
Oct 2, 2018 6:44 AM
May 2018
Really looking forward to this, when overlord first debuted I didn’t think I would like it as much as I do. Hyped for the finale.
Oct 2, 2018 7:50 AM

Feb 2018
I guess this is the 13th week in a row that I say read the fckn novel it's much better.
Oct 2, 2018 8:01 AM
Oct 2017
i hope badhouse keeps adapting it so all the ln readers keep being angry
Oct 2, 2018 8:01 AM

Aug 2014
xShinigami3125 said:
I guess this is the 13th week in a row that I say read the fckn novel it's much better.

Or don't, that isn't up to you.
Oct 2, 2018 8:13 AM

Dec 2016
Just announce season four already please and thank you lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 2, 2018 8:14 AM

Jul 2016
Although i find the Light Novell to be alot better they did a pretty good job with this episode but they could have done better with Brain in my opinion
Oct 2, 2018 8:21 AM

Jun 2016
Awesome episode My most favourite character of all time Momonga/Ainz he is so badass and overpower Its awesome.

I bet that Momon was pandora actor in disguise with his abilities considering Albedo was blushing when she was near Ainz.

Awsome hope for a season 4 soon.
PrideRoyalIvyOct 2, 2018 8:42 AM

Oct 2, 2018 8:22 AM

Nov 2015
So, with this episode the third season of Overlord comes to an end. In all honesty, what I felt most of the time watching was disappointment. Almost every single event seemed rushed, badly executed or both. Although expecting the anime to be as entertaining as the original novel is just plain unreasonable. I guess what I'm trying to say is even if this season wasn't as good as I hoped, it was as good as i expected.

Rest in peace Gazef Stronoff. You were the only human in this story I was genuinely rooting for.
CGI Dark Young, I hope to never see you again.

What was up with that "And the story goes on" right before the ending song? Are you teasing us with a 4th season? Or just letting people know in general that the story isn't over yet?
Oct 2, 2018 8:39 AM

May 2018
Sasuga Ainz sama. Hopefully we get season 4 please.
Oct 2, 2018 8:42 AM
Aug 2016
I hope Madhouse fires everyone that was involved in this season and then set itself on fire.
Oct 2, 2018 8:50 AM

Jun 2016
well the ending feels empty... not like season 1... where there is a feeling like whoaaaaahh...

i think there will be no season 4 (some rumor if there is season 4 it will hurt overlord overall... idk if that true)... because this is already good ending to finish...

ty...
Oct 2, 2018 8:52 AM

Jun 2016
xShinigami3125 said:

I AGREE... just read the novel...
Oct 2, 2018 9:00 AM

Jun 2014
Well that was quite a short "battle" between Ainz and Gazef.

Didn't really like this season as much compared to the previous two, and these last few episodes didn't help. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 4th season though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 2, 2018 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
Hold up, didnt gazef get a ring from the old lady and dragon that knew ygdrassil?

The entire fight i was thinking "any moment dat ring aboutta kick in and ains gotta finally get serious"

I wanted to search this shit up but i dont wanna get spoiled ahhh

I swear just that fucking ring is pushing me to the novel lmao
Oct 2, 2018 9:06 AM

Jun 2015
This was a godawful third season. The CGI was atrocious. 2/10
Oct 2, 2018 9:08 AM

Oct 2014
So the silhouette at the end of the ED turned out to be a red herring, huh? That's too bad.

And those who are too damaged by the CGI this season... come over to watch Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken! We got beautiful 2D animations (even a Dragon doesn't need CGI!) and visual effects that Madhouse could only dream of! It also has a non-human protagonist and later on got its own fairly dark moments similar to Overlord! And the chief animation directior is Ebata, someone who's appearently very famous for his great animations!
Grey-ZoneOct 2, 2018 9:14 AM
Oct 2, 2018 9:09 AM

Oct 2016
ZonedIn said:
Hold up, didnt gazef get a ring from the old lady and dragon that knew ygdrassil?

The entire fight i was thinking "any moment dat ring aboutta kick in and ains gotta finally get serious"

Gazef gave the ring to climb.
Oct 2, 2018 9:11 AM

Jul 2017
I'm amazed. Season 3 is somehow worse than Season 2 and 1.

This was such a terrible and really, pointless season.

Sure Ains had a few cool moments here and there, but I really don't feel a "point" to this show anymore.

It was boring, it looked atrocious, and the content for Ains being a badass villain isn't interesting anymore. I don't get the Overlord hype. Seriously.

A really bad and just, forgettable season in my books. I've seen 40+ shows this season, and Overlord is among the bottom, especially due to how lazy it was.
Oct 2, 2018 9:18 AM

Jul 2009
Very good overall. The animation/CGI is what mainly brought the series down for me. OST is decent too, though I still think season 1 was the best. So refreshing to see a show about a group of villains trying to conquer the world.

8/10 overall.
Oct 2, 2018 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
Tobestik said:
ZonedIn said:

Gazef gave the ring to climb.

Oh ok thanks, must have forgot.

We're 3 seasons in and ains hasn't even had a lick of yggdrasil yet.
I'm starting to think they're intentionally fucking the anime over at some places to push people the novel.
But i still enjoyed the season, even the last weeks episode made me laugh cause of that CGI. Wasn't as good as season 1 and wasn't ass like season 2. I dont mind that the show takes its time with its world building either, i actually liked some of the other character arcs.

I will remember that CGI till the day i die
removed-userOct 2, 2018 9:38 AM
Oct 2, 2018 9:27 AM

Dec 2015
Hmmm, I honestly didn't expect to enjoy this final episode as much as I did. It managed to somewhat erase the terrible taste the last several episodes had left me with.

Overall, this season wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, but it wasn't a disappointment like season 2 either. Although there was that atrocious use of CGI, I have no complaints when it comes to regular 2d animation, it was surprisingly solid.
If we ever get a Season 4, I hope takes better care of the production.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 2, 2018 9:32 AM

Feb 2015
animejas said:

Sure Ains had a few cool moments here and there, but I really don't feel a "point" to this show anymore.

It was boring, it looked atrocious, and the content for Ains being a badass villain isn't interesting anymore. I don't get the Overlord hype. Seriously.

A really bad and just, forgettable season in my books. I've seen 40+ shows this season, and Overlord is among the bottom, especially due to how lazy it was.

At least if there is a season 4 we won't have to suffer your moaning posts then
Oct 2, 2018 9:34 AM
Apr 2012
Last two episodes werent the best but still i really enjoyed that. Certainly best mmo/isekei. Last word made me worries "And the story goes on" it sound like it's over. I hope they will make season 4.
Oct 2, 2018 9:34 AM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
In case of whole season: Overlord S3 might been worse than S1 and S2 but still is 10/10 on it's own isekai league with it's almost perfect world building and pleiade of various characters in an interesting setting
Oct 2, 2018 9:40 AM

Oct 2014
I think people who binge watch will be much more receptive towards how this third season of Overlord went. It just seems like the kind that's better off to be watched in one go, since it makes it easier to remember what happened in previous episodes.

And those who are too damaged by the CGI this season... come over to watch Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken! We got beautiful 2D animations (even a Dragon doesn't need CGI!) and visual effects that Madhouse could only dream of! It also has a non-human protagonist and later on got its own fairly dark moments similar to Overlord! And the chief animation directior is Ebata, someone who's appearently very famous for his great animations!
Oct 2, 2018 9:41 AM
Nov 2014
I was hoping to see a coronation scene with Ainz declaring his ownership of e-rantel to the citizens living inside of it. Would have been awesome to see how scared they would be lol. (Like the one with the lizardmen)

Bad cgi aside, I would definitely watch the 4th season if they are planning to make one.
Oct 2, 2018 9:43 AM
Oct 2015
magicznylipton said:
Last two episodes werent the best but still i really enjoyed that. Certainly best mmo/isekei. Last word made me worries "And the story goes on" it sound like it's over. I hope they will make season 4.

Yeah...really sounds as if that was the last season of Overlord, I haven't read the LN but they wrapped the season up well enough for me not to be fuming if there wasn't S4.
Ah well. It was a decent anime haha
Oct 2, 2018 9:44 AM

Sep 2013
GG easy no homo gazef.
The quality and content cutting was a mess but it's still decent overall I guess.
There's definitely more anime coming, maybe a movie then season 4.
Oct 2, 2018 9:50 AM

Feb 2014
Crashmatt said:
animejas said:

At least if there is a season 4 we won't have to suffer your moaning posts then

I hate to say it but since there were no cliffhangers as the previous seasons had and with that "And the story goes on" tag at the end, I think its the series finale for the anime adaptation.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 2, 2018 9:53 AM

Oct 2014
ichii_1 said:
GG easy no homo gazef.
The quality and content cutting was a mess but it's still decent overall I guess.
There's definitely more anime coming, maybe a movie then season 4.

A movie for vol. 10 or 11, and then season 4 going up to vol. 13 seems doable, but since the volumes from vol. 10+ on have more pages, maybe doing season 4 with vol. 10 and 11, as well as season 5 with vol. 12 and 13 would probably be better.

And those who are too damaged by the CGI this season... come over to watch Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken! We got beautiful 2D animations (even a Dragon doesn't need CGI!) and visual effects that Madhouse could only dream of! It also has a non-human protagonist and later on got its own fairly dark moments similar to Overlord! And the chief animation director is Ebata, someone who's appearently very famous for his great animations!
Oct 2, 2018 9:58 AM

Sep 2008
oh well, its over,i actually enjoyed it , still, will continue to read the novels, way better IMO
CG was shit, i liked the rest, kirito-sama the wizard was fun, let's meet again in the 4th season

[quote=Levi_Ackerman_10 message=55864203]Awesome episode My most favourite character of all time Momonga/Ainz he is so badass and overpower Its awesome. /quote]
well... that's kinda sad
Grey-Zone said:

And those who are too damaged by the CGI this season... come over to watch Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken! We got beautiful 2D animations (even a Dragon doesn't need CGI!) and visual effects that Madhouse could only dream of! It also has a non-human protagonist and later on got its own fairly dark moments similar to Overlord! And the chief animation director is Ebata, someone who's appearently very famous for his great animations!

ever heard of ufotable?
Zero_r2Oct 2, 2018 10:02 AM
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 2, 2018 10:06 AM

Feb 2013
It's a pity Gazef didn't join him.
Oct 2, 2018 10:09 AM

Nov 2016
Nice "fight".

It was a good season imo, hope we get a sequel soon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 2, 2018 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
what a boring episode
hopefully this anime doesn't get another season
Oct 2, 2018 10:13 AM

May 2015
Hurrah, Ainz-sama!... I'd say if this happened, I don't know, sometime when I was still interested in all of this. So many dragged arcs, unnecessary characters and oh well, I don't see the point anymore.
Oct 2, 2018 10:14 AM

Sep 2017
Lack of Pandora Actor voice = bad season
Oct 2, 2018 10:21 AM

Apr 2016
So many tsundere here.
The episode was good and season was also , hope we will get S4 soon.
BRAWLERS
Oct 2, 2018 10:26 AM

Nov 2010
Okay final episode
Oct 2, 2018 10:31 AM

Jul 2017
Apart from the atrocious CGI, this was a pretty fun season. Been awhile since we've gotten an anti-hero protagonist

Oct 2, 2018 10:35 AM

Jan 2014
lmao the emperor went crazy when he knows Ainz beat 70k soldier in one spell.

this mark the end of Season 3. I hope they continue to adapt the 4th season, I really want to see Ainz beat some dragon or other strong entity.
Oct 2, 2018 10:38 AM

May 2016
FMmatron said:
Nice "fight".

It was a good season imo, hope we get a sequel soon.
Good season lmao that was just awfull.
Oct 2, 2018 10:48 AM
Nov 2014
salman7 said:
So many tsundere here.
The episode was good and season was also , hope we will get S4 soon.

And yet they will still be here watching Overlord again when a new sequel is released, a true dedicated tsundere they are ;)

Mar 2018
Another awesome season of Overlord. To all who says Bad CGI etc, please remind yourself that Madhouse didn't had a lot of (spare) time to animate the 3rd season, they basically announced it right after the 2nd season and as far as I can tell, they sure were on the edge of their deadlines...

9/10, enjoying Overlord way too much. I'll see you all back in the 4th season!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Dec 2010
wow, so much for that hyped "fight", also the "Player vs Player" title, i thought gazef was a real player like the main character.
i really wished there was decent fight.

season 1 is still the best season for me.

question for people who read the light novel, did the novel ended?
also, what about the player, he still stuck in the game? does he log off of the game? what's is going on?
Oct 2, 2018 10:50 AM

Sep 2016
Let's pray for Season 4.
Oct 2, 2018 10:59 AM

Sep 2016
Grey-Zone said:

I thought that it was an ecchi anime and kinda had low expectations, but honestly I'm impressed by the first episode. It really blew me away. I'm hyped for this one. Perfect substitute for Overlord.
Oct 2, 2018 11:01 AM

Dec 2012
6/10
shitty season
Oct 2, 2018 11:03 AM

Jan 2013
That time stop + death spell combo was beautiful.
Fucking rekt.
Now only if all the other humans in this show shared a similar fate... :D
Oct 2, 2018 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
I am more and more inclined to read the light novel instead each time someone says it.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 2 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 8, 2018

42 by VickRune »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

220 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

177 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

166 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

585 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 7:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.