Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 3, 2018 6:07 PM

Apr 2015
I really wanted to see the full Pastimers Club movie and the reactions at the festival. OVA material maybe?

Even still, we had some strong comedy this episode, such as a mafia baby, Hanako trying to liposuct Kasumi's breasts, and Fairy Tale Hell.

I was a little disappointed it just sort of ended. No "Thanks for watching Asobi Asobase!" end card or puppet segment?

Some episodes were better than others, but Asobi Asobase was a solid comedy overall.

8/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 3, 2018 8:31 PM
Mar 2018
This Anime so fucking funny...
I laugh so much ....
And that girl so perverted, i like that,...kwkwkwkw
Oct 5, 2018 8:31 AM

Apr 2017
Certainly one of the best comedy shows this year, if not the best. Though for that we will have to see what fall/winter have in store. This episode got me laughing, as usually.

Ero baby in beginning was really fun. I think second part was weakest this episode, and personally I liked the online game part the most. It kind of reminded me of Happy Three Friends with those cute characters killing themselves in such a fashion. Last skit was also really enjoyable. Yamada drawing weird parasites on everything was funny. Also nice touch on the ending.

Overall though I think best skit in this show was the board game that they played a few episodes back. I was always a bit fan of these crazy comedies, so I hope that we get something like this again soon.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Oct 6, 2018 3:44 PM

Jul 2015
Battle Royale, the only way to truly end something, is to tell people your adding battle royale. But ummm... someone make that a real game please, I would so buy a game where I get to see bunnies bleed out from the head while shaking violently, struggling to live.

Anyway, with this, a fantastic and surprising little series comes to an end, it did start to get a little stale towards the second half as a lot of the joy came from the crazy interactions between the characters I wasn't expecting, but it was still a whole lot of fun. And that outro is fantastic.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 7, 2018 10:20 AM

Mar 2012
One of the funniest anime I've ever seen. Hope there's more in the future
Oct 8, 2018 11:24 AM

Jul 2009
This anime was such a surprise! I am going to miss it! So much! 8/10
Oct 8, 2018 1:29 PM

Nov 2011
AOTS for me, comedy was top class, characters right down to the bone were all extremely likeable. I honestly thought i would have issues with how perfectly designed and hot the characters looked initially, but their goofy personalities made them a bit more relatable, hope there'll be a s2. 8.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 8, 2018 11:03 PM

May 2012
Pretty fun episode in general I must say, quite loved this as a whole with this as the ending. As the story is left very open there's always room for a sequel I must say!

In general really loved it and if they'd make a second season I'm sure I'll also will enjoy it!
Oct 9, 2018 7:26 AM
Aug 2011
Please let there be a 2nd season ASAP! :(
Oct 9, 2018 6:45 PM

Jan 2012
Absolutely loved this series. Freaking hilarious. Hope to see more in the future.
Oct 14, 2018 8:26 AM

Apr 2016
AOTS initially thought it would be funny faces=funny type of anime later turned out to be genuinely hilarious.Hanako's VA is very talented if it wasn't for her performance the show wouldn't be nearly as much fun.
Oct 16, 2018 10:44 AM

Oct 2010
Show was not what I expected but overall this was a blast and was far funnier than most comedy anime.
Oct 21, 2018 11:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Usually, the comical animes I don´t like, but this series was a great surprise!!! In all the episode managed to pull out a smile!!!

The bloody online game was amazing!!! kekeke

7/10 for this season and waiting for a second ;)
Oct 21, 2018 7:57 PM
Jan 2018
Had me laughing my ass off all the way through, fantastic show 10/10.

Favorite part this episode was the drawing battle.
Nov 10, 2018 10:22 AM

May 2014
Hilarious series.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Nov 11, 2018 6:42 AM

Nov 2016
very fun ride even though some of the comedy was a hit and miss for me. the parts that did connected hit me pretty hard.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Nov 17, 2018 6:20 PM

Aug 2017
The last joke of the episode was the funniest part of the entire series, had me rolling, but otherwise this anime is pretty pale in terms of comedy. The comedy in this series reminds me of dokuro-chan in a sense that its trying way too hard to be funny. I almost dropped this in the earlier episodes, but it did get slightly better. I wouldnt mind seeing a second season.
assyrianNov 17, 2018 6:41 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2018 2:57 PM
Nov 2018
This fel so short. This series was good and incredibly epic. 00000000/10(it's just infinitum).
Dec 1, 2018 3:00 PM
Nov 2018
This surpasses any logistic so i give it a 0 of 10 because 0 represents eternity.
Dec 10, 2018 7:01 AM

Oct 2013
The baby scene was hilarious af , is it a baby or a perv midget ? either way i laughed my ass off. this series reminds me of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Overall score 7/10
Dec 19, 2018 6:31 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lol, this show sure had some glorifying hilarious moments but, as a whole, I’d have to say it was just about fine or so.

Honestly, the extreme facial expressions were a hit and miss throughout the course of the show imo. While it made certain contents more hilarious, it also had the adverse effect of making the less hilarious contents somewhat cringeworthy and off.

Lol, the Oppai joke this episode though, Hanako sure is having a lot of trouble coming to terms with reality. xD, contents involving Maeda and the teacher were just dang ridiculous and over the top.

All in all, it was a pretty fine show with more cho-very hilarious and less of the cringeworthy moments.

- Storyline/Plot Development: 5/10
It’s a Comedy show that honestly didn’t take itself really and that really was the selling point of this show!
Thinking back now though, I must say the girls have come a long way. Nomura asking Olivia for help and that leading to the formation of this fascinating club and all the ridiculous moments since then, it really was a fun ride.
- Characterization/Character Development: 7.5/10
Intriguing characters introduced throughout the course of the show. It really was a nice hilarious bunch to watch and their varying interactions were always interesting!
- Art/Animation Scale: 6/10
Really distinctive and a unique artsyle. Sometimes it made things greater, but made it hard to watch at others, overall a hit and miss like I mentioned earlier.
- Sound Department: 7/10
Now, this was good. ED theme was definitely nice to listen to after the end of every episode and the Op have off a very misleading melodic tone to it but I liked the irony of it nevertheless. Nothing much else to say, the Voice Acting was pretty good too!
- Personal Enjoyment Scale: 7/10
It really was fun, to sum it all up! Maybe it’s just because of the art style that i was put off from the very start that I had a negative view of the show. Some of the jokes too were really borderline offensive I must say, but I’m glad they didn’t cross the boundaries but that didn’t stop from making it a little bit hard to digest. Comedy, for the most bit, was whacky hilarious and it made me lol on numerous occasions, so it definitely was worth the watch, over all!

- Overall Final Score: 6.25/10.
I was thinking of giving this show a 7, but I think a 6 ought to more accurate to reflect on my experience of the show. I’m looking forward to seeing the OVA episode later this year, and hopefully a 2nd Season if that’s ever to come!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 9, 2019 4:16 AM

Oct 2016
That was a brilliant show overall. I'd put it in my top 10.
Feb 23, 2019 4:11 AM

May 2016
That devil baby's got off pretty luckily, getting to grope and motorboat Kasumi with little to no consequence aside from having to smell Olivia's spice and miserably trying to grope the vast field of nothingness that is Hanako's chest. That freaky creature managed to be the creepiest character in the whole show right at its last episode.

It's pretty sad of Hanako to be shunned by the Boob Gods for her titty envy and to be constantly taunted by Kasumi's massive knockers that looked like it absorbed both her and Olivia's chests all at once. At least her slender AA figure makes her look good in Sarashi wraps and opens up the possibility of sneaking into Opposite Side with relative ease.

The whole anime got me laughing, chuckling, and grinning most of the time but for some reason, Maeda's all-powerful parasite sitting on the head of Mister Man made me lose it and have the most aggressive laughing session I've had in quite a while. It ended as randomly as it started and I'm glad that they added the parasites on top of their heads at the ED as a nice touch.

Mar 2, 2019 10:18 AM

Jun 2014
One of the funniest anime I've seen. The absurd voice acting and facial expressions really made this fantastic. 9/10
:3
Mar 28, 2019 12:12 PM
Mar 2017
I really enjoy this show - hope it will get season 2
Jul 13, 2019 10:32 AM

Apr 2011
Good anime! Made me laugh many times LOL

7/10

Aug 8, 2019 5:14 AM

May 2016
Quite underwhelming for last episode I wanted to see the 6 opposite tragedy that they mentioned in episode 10.

6/10
Oct 8, 2019 6:22 AM
Sep 2017
Easily the best episode of the lot since this was the only episode I laughed so hard at The Baby story that my roommate stared giving me judgy stares. Then the battle royale story began I knew that something not cute but gory was going to happen but, the moment she was shot in the head (along with there reactions) it got me so off guard that I fell from my bed along with my laptop and hence I watched the rest of the episode while on the floor holding my stomach coz It really hurts man... from all the crazy laughing..

The show was a solid 7/10 but that last episode had me rate this an 8/10
Oct 11, 2019 9:51 AM

Mar 2015
One hell of a hilarious series, this one was!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 19, 2019 2:17 AM
Oct 2017
How do we make this end?
*episode abruptly ends*

n i c e
Jan 12, 2020 8:28 PM

Sep 2010
10/10 even the ending was fun~
characters expressions were great, wish the series was made in better quality tho ._.
Jan 26, 2020 5:34 AM

Dec 2014
this show is hilarious!

Mar 19, 2020 8:17 PM

Jan 2015
That was very funny I actually liked it. I would watch another season of it.
7/10
Apr 7, 2020 10:06 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This show was pure a total gold, at my first glance. However, i decide to regret my decision at my first sentence. The joke here, punched me so hard in my brain, idk why it bleeded my logical intuitions. Then, when the show is over, suddenly my heart feel so empty and wanna do anything to bring back this series. Ah well, its over. Sure to consider this as the best comedy school with funny characterization i ever watch this year. Unfortunately, i will never see the actual ending for every character in these show. Likely, what can i expect for SoL anime except their randomness? The random scenes shred apart with the help of some spicy scene joke or rather attach the diirty joke, which is sometime irritate me so hard. I won't blame tho, this is still a pure gold, on sarcastic tone. Idk why the rating of this keep stable at 8 plus point, thats some real joke over MAL system. I rather keeping my blank mind which can not understand about what is going on with this at all, instead enjoying how total rating gone wrong. Hell, funny thing doesnt always had an actual finishing, while this show only enjoying the decent punchline. With all of that craziness, i believe, 7/10 point shall be my last logic to show my gratitude for Asobi Asobase random activity. Cannot bring any other reason for this show to get to the upper score, just, no.
Okay, next on!
badabassApr 8, 2020 1:01 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 17, 2020 3:47 AM

Oct 2019
Gazz said:
Its sad that the anime end without a fan service, beach episode, lol.

No beach episode, but the second section of this final episode was quite fanservice-y, honestly.
May 21, 2020 5:28 PM
May 2019
One of the best comedy anime I've seen
9/10
Jun 1, 2020 9:56 AM

Sep 2017
Great anime. Stupid funny. Gonna miss this for sure. Loved how abrupt the ending was giving the final line. Also the most powerful monster being on all their heads in the ED was a great touch.
Aug 15, 2020 4:31 AM

Feb 2020
Nooo I don't wanna leave my girls already ! This wasn't the funniest show ever, it had its ups and downs, but it really knrw how to be hilarious at times.
And I love the main girls, they're completely over-the-top and crazy but at the same time, they aren't just walking jokes, they have a real personality. Take Hanako for exemple, completely crazy, pretty stupid at times, overly jealous and very hard-working in an attempt to beat others, but at the same time she also displayed a genuily caring attitude and she is far from being as dumb as she looks like. A well-rounded character for this kind of show ! (I know most of this is played for laugh but it's a nice detail nonetheless.)
And while Hanako is definitely my favorite character and the most fleshed-out one, the others are very good too.
Definitely looking forward to the OVA !
FafetteAug 15, 2020 2:06 PM
Sep 8, 2020 10:17 PM

Jul 2013
I think that's actually the best way to end it lol. Goddamn what a great show. Hilarious and very talented voice acting. Can't wait for the sequel.

Solid 9
Sep 26, 2020 11:06 AM

Mar 2010
that baby is one creepy baby
Sep 28, 2020 12:29 AM

Jun 2020
i had high expectations for asobi asobase, people were saying it's as funny as grand blue which i really liked & it seemed like both were the same kind of humour/gags, it had its moments but overall a 6-7/10 for me, the humour was a hit or miss for me. i see the appeal tho, the characters were really funny, i especially liked hanako and her va was great! some standout moments as well but it kinda fell flat for me.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 6, 2021 3:56 PM

Sep 2018
Definitely not as great as Grand Blue, Prison School and the likes it gets compared to. The humor came more naturally in the other renowned series and the timing and execution was a lot better. Still very good though, 8/10.
May 12, 2021 7:50 AM

Dec 2020
it really ended damn, rly hoping for a season two but even if they dont get one thats also fine. they definitely did the manga justice i love it
May 17, 2021 3:34 PM

Jun 2019
Bruh wut a sick show... sometimes looked like I was watching Jackass (yeah the early 2000 MTV show) featured a group of japanese middle school girls.

A solid 8.5. Shame that it ain't have a proper ending.

Jun 21, 2021 4:18 AM

Jan 2018
I have always been looking for comedy anime like this. And this show easily got into my top 10 comedy after I finished watching it. The VAs are the ones that make this show top tier.
9/10. I really hope we will get ss2 in the future.
Average anime enjoyer.
Jun 26, 2021 8:39 AM
Oct 2020
this is one of the only anime's to make me lose my shit I realllly hope for a S2
Jul 19, 2021 9:53 AM

May 2020
Come on, they end it smoothly I like it. Last episode is leave me good mark. Now I really want to smell Olivia so bad. Three idiot girl version is good to watch.
Aug 15, 2021 8:47 AM
Jul 2020
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I'm going to miss this show.

In the finale, we got comedy about a baby, bras, battle royale, and usual games that turns into jokes. This series loves to make fun of itself and the characters from the very start. In this finale, it continued to do so again.

Need more comedy anime like this in the future.

Same here. Definitely want a continuation.
Oct 17, 2021 5:32 AM

Apr 2013
Not a very flashy end, but a good one. Just more nice comedy.

Very interesting comedy show with lots of random humor parts. The voice actors really gave their everything in this, especially in the ending which is easily one of the best ones of any anime series I know. Hopefully we'll see a 2nd season one day. 8/10
Dec 29, 2021 10:58 PM
Dec 2020
Never thought rudeus would make an entrance in this show
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asobi Asobase Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

59 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Asobi Asobase Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

65 by Dystrex »»
Apr 3, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Asobi Asobase Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

67 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 1, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Asobi Asobase Episode 4 Discussion

SmillieReacts - Aug 8, 2018

35 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 31, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Asobi Asobase Episode 3 Discussion

Sacerdotisa - Aug 9, 2018

31 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.