Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2018 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, this episode was actually kinda tense especially the train scene.

However, it still had the usual natural mood I wanted to see especially when the girls went out for some walking. It's always nice to see the natural landscapes in this show especially the majestic mountains.

Really liked how real everything looked this episode with their walk with the nature.
Sep 10, 2018 10:35 AM

Nov 2007
Friend girl still accepted main girl's present, even though she already saw it.

Yui-chan's character gave Hikasa-san's character a final chance to do what she likes to do. It's been a while since all 4 of them climbing.

lol @ how kouhai girl waking main girl up.

Friend girl mad because they are late. She's been mad the whole route.

Hikasa-san's character giving main girl a chance to lead, but friend girl going the different route on purpose. They managed to complete the first mountain. It seems like her going on her own way hurt herself?

There's more, though.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 10, 2018 12:24 PM

Apr 2016
Well, ladies took you long enough to do some actual climbing lol.
Sep 10, 2018 1:01 PM

Feb 2013
Hinata deserves to be injured.
Sep 10, 2018 2:07 PM

Aug 2013
Hinata visibly jealous of Aoi and Kokona doing something together, those angry eyebrows.
She needs to confess before that injury leaves her incapacitated for Mt. Fuji next year.
Sep 10, 2018 6:25 PM

Mar 2018
Hinata is acting so childish, she needs to realize her own feelings
Sep 10, 2018 8:14 PM
Mar 2016
Finally this shit back to the track what is this anime does
Hiking
this anime too much expose yuri vibe make me cant enjoy that
espesially after Yuru Camp, anime always straight forward about camping and no yuri2 shit
Sep 11, 2018 7:18 AM
Jan 2018
Damm Hinata's jealousy is on a whole new level, but I can understand that since I've experienced that before. When you want to spend time with your best friend but you're unable to because of some unforeseen circumstances, just plain bad luck or because you see your best friend hanging out with others, which was what happened to me. That was me and my best friend during secondary school, so I can understand Hinata's feelings.

However, things ain't looking good for Hinata because it looks like she injured her leg while pms'ing. It may seem that we may have a bad ending to the anime since there's only 2 episodes left and I'm sure they're gonna make a 4th season.
Sep 11, 2018 8:51 AM

Apr 2011
Finally glad to see them going mountain climbing together again. But Hinata sure is not happy. It kinda ruins the mood. Good thing, Aoi didn't talk back when Hinata was lecturing them both.

I was hoping for a relaxing episode but Hinata just had to be a bit annoying.
Sep 11, 2018 2:34 PM

Nov 2008
Well Hinata has had plenty of time to just do her 'old' usual glomp Aoi and Talk - Aoi has (even if she doesnt realize it) given Hinata the space to do it.. And yet weeks pass and Hinata simply is to the point where the only talking she finally does - comes out in the form of an angry lecture. Luckily Kaede was there to be the peace maker.

Followed by Hinata not only not talking to anyone; she doesn't listen to anyone on the climb. I figured shed ignore Aoi. But to ignore what KAEDE says ie you following the lead climber; in climbing you never push past the lead climber; unless they are in actual danger. thus in doing so she got herself hurt; hard to say how bad it looks like a bruise or a mild sprain; but she won't tell anyone- so the more difficult mountain is going to show that.

Still I Loved the Nature scenes; always have. They were beautifully done. Hopefully a season 4 more soon than late ;3 (I want our Aoi on that summit \o/ )
Sep 11, 2018 7:50 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I like Yama no Susume without the drama. Aren't they in high school? This is some middle school level fight. Not saying it's not realistic, because it happened within my group of friends multiple times in middle school, but I've never been in Hinata's situation so I can't relate. Seeing this jealousy thing from a bystander pov, it's actually quite annoying, lol. Everyone just wants to have fun and you're just feeling pissed all by yourself, making the whole atmosphere strained. Others have to try to act normal while knowing you're in a bad mood. Talk about selfish. Especially being so childish as to choose the shorter, but more dangerous route when the lead climber chose a different route for the sake of everyone. Such disrespect.

Anyways, I hope this drama ends next episode. I can't appreciate the mountain climbing when not everyone is having fun together.
Sep 12, 2018 1:57 AM

Apr 2011
When the girls discover Hinata got herself injured, she's the one who'll be getting lectured.
MagitoSep 12, 2018 2:01 AM
Sep 12, 2018 7:07 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That tension between Hinata and Aoi, I get where Hinata is coming from but even so no reason to be mad. Aoi was just trying to be helpful in some way.
Reckless at the end and now she hurts herself, Hinata not making good decisions. I can already picture Aoi going off on Hinata.

Kokona waking up Aoi by pushing her off the bed lmao 😂

Sep 12, 2018 9:34 AM

Aug 2014
this whole season feels weird rushed and forced.. its just not as enjoyable as the rest
Sep 12, 2018 10:04 AM

May 2012
I hope Hinata will vaporise her jealousy real soon. She is destroying the whole light-hearted atmosphere. But I guess this isn't the first time she got angry, herself and Aoi had a fight in the final episode of previous season. Just hope this isn't going down the same route...

Sep 16, 2018 7:30 PM

Oct 2008
Looks like Hinata is in a bad mood huh...
the mountains looked spectacular!
4/5.

Sep 21, 2018 12:23 AM

May 2015
Yay! We get to bring Kaede along for a mountain climb!

How long were they sleeping through the alarm clock? Kokona had to do the push!

Oh oh...Hinata discovers that Aoi and Kokona were sleeping together! Aand...she killed the mood...

What a beautiful view...

And now Hinata's knee isn't doing too good. Looks like sooner or later she's going to need a shoulder to lean on...
Oct 2, 2018 11:02 AM

Jul 2016
Oh Hinata, that was really dangerous, you should've just followed Aoi and now your knee is hurt... and yet, there's one higher mountain left to climb... I wonder what will happen.

So, finally they all went hiking together although I missed Honoka wasn't with them...

Kokona and Aoi made some food for the rest to eat but Hinata got mad at them because they overslept (well, it wasn't exactly because they overslept but still)... and she was still mad during the whole hiking. Sadly, this ruined the mood a bit. I hope she tells Aoi what is bothering her before this escalates due to her knee problems.
Oct 12, 2018 6:15 PM

Oct 2012
Oh man, she really spoiled that for everyone, right? Can understand her teenager behavior but not really something you should climb moutains with.

Still, a great episode. With Hinata's sprained ankle I wonder how she manage to continue further.
In fact, those things are okay when your boots are on but gets swelling almost immediately after you take them off. She might not be able to walk in the morning.
Nov 4, 2018 8:25 AM

Mar 2017
okay one thing's for sure..
Hinata was so annoying here

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Nov 4, 2018 5:55 PM

May 2012
Quite an interesting episode and hike on that mountain! I do look forwards to see what happens next!
Feb 8, 2019 11:47 AM

Sep 2018
Well, what to say ... great as an episode! Narration that has from its two contexts that are winning: the characters all gathered and a new climb. Fantastic designs and OST that embellishes even more beautiful backgrounds. The plot does not stop focusing on the troubled relationship between Aoi and Hinata, I like everything.
Feb 12, 2019 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
I can understand Hinata lecturing Aoi for not sleeping well, because she really does care for her well-being, which is important during hiking. But part of that anger was an act of jealousy once again, and now she is injured :/ Don't to do this to me Hinata, just admit how you felt.
Nov 8, 2019 11:12 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode, but I still dislike Hinata now.
Jan 26, 2021 9:39 AM

Feb 2020
Too much drama between Hinata and Aoi.

SerafosJan 6, 2:22 AM
May 10, 2022 11:27 AM

Aug 2018
Hinata was stressed so long.. And finally snapped, it seems..
Dec 9, 2022 12:50 PM

Nov 2018
And here it comes! Hinata snapped!
It has to do with Hinata's bitterness that started in the previous episode.
These kinds of bad emotions inevitably affect the body as well, eventually.

It's sad that such situations really spoil your fun! Hinata's frustration affects the group, just as Aoi's frustration affected the others during the Mount Fuji trip; different manifestation, but similar result. I'm really sorry for both girls. It feels just as bad to be in Hinata's position as in Aoi's.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Jan 25, 2023 7:06 PM
Mar 2020
finally some meaty drama and actual hiking action

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2018

21 by Sommernacht »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

18 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 22, 2023 1:49 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2018

37 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Dec 31, 2022 1:00 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

15 by Chaosfromhell »»
Dec 28, 2022 5:04 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2018

21 by KonokoAsada »»
Dec 9, 2022 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.