Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2018 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty cool episode. As expected, Souya pilots his mech and wants to make a point. That's a hell of a transformation too and I'm quite impressed by the battle chereography this episode.

Ginko also joined the fight and it turned into quite a brawl. One of the most intense episodes of the season for sure so far. It's kinda amazing how far Souya is willing to fight the good fight if you ask me.
Sep 9, 2018 8:03 AM

Dec 2013
The fight was hype from beginning to the end. I loved how it ended with a second clog punch.

A time skip! I really want to see what’s happened with everyone over the past 5 years.
Sep 9, 2018 8:37 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Time skip?! Just when i thought what they will pull out next, this i didn't expect! It looked like Soya and Nozo were together! <3

That fight was so good, the shouting of the moves wer so over-the-top but it made this epic.

The moment with Benika and Yosuke was beautiful.
Sep 9, 2018 8:48 AM

May 2016
This show has the weirdest pace of all time. And I kinda love it for it, it adds well to the glorious weirdness of it all.
Also. They look so cute at the end there.. T_T Souya's looking like a well adjusted, content man now, and Nozomi looks as mature and cute as ever.
Cleanest ship of the season.
ZaugrSep 9, 2018 8:58 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2018 8:49 AM
Aug 2018
This anime has been on of my top 5 this summer. The animation of the fight in this episode along with the story progression, definitely make this feel like a classic. I can’t wait for the last couple of episodes. And I also like the shipping of characters going on.
Sep 9, 2018 10:28 AM

Mar 2008
The fight was awesome! Souya and Nozomi got together during those five years. I hope that's what they implied. <3
Sep 9, 2018 10:51 AM

Sep 2015
Wow, that time skip caught me completely off guard.

And we still had 2 more episodes to defeat the big boss?
Well, I dont really care if the they can defeat or not the dragon boss, I just want to check the ship results.
Sep 9, 2018 10:53 AM

Jun 2009
The fight was epic and I didnt expect that Old Man to appear. And when I thought he is dead, I was truly sad, but I laughed when it turned out alright.
And older Souya looks so much like his brother <3
Sep 9, 2018 11:42 AM

Mar 2012
Zaugr said:
This show has the weirdest pace of all time. And I kinda love it for it, it adds well to the glorious weirdness of it all.
Also. They look so cute at the end there.. T_T Souya's looking like a well adjusted, content man now, and Nozomi looks as mature and cute as ever.
Cleanest ship of the season.

This. One of the things I love about this show is the pacing. It realizes that it's short and only 12 episodes long, and yet it somehow manages to capture the feeling of multiple arcs well. This episode, and the one where the leader of the human faction died, felt like episodes where it genuinely could have ended on. Like many said, they felt like sort of mini-conclusions. This show is really excellent despite its length. It manages to do a lot and I appreciate it.

Still can't believe this is scored lower than a 7.
Sep 9, 2018 12:44 PM

Feb 2016
Holy hell that was such an epic fight! can't wait to see the dragon as the final boss xD.

Ayyyy Souya and Nozo all grown up <3
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 9, 2018 12:56 PM

Jul 2017
Awesome episode with some really nice action throughout and a fucking timeskip that felt surprising yet kinda interesting for once.

I know they won't botch the timeskip as the only anime I have seen that ruined a timeskip element was Fairy Tail, since their 'timeskip' made fuck all difference.

Anyway, Planet With continues to be the most underrated show of this year and how its atleast not a 7.5 is madness.
Sep 9, 2018 3:04 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty dope episode, can't say that I expected the time skip, but I'm always up for one.

However, it's kinda disappointing that this show isn't two cour, it would've been very beneficial.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 9, 2018 3:11 PM

Jun 2015
Geez, that fight was pretty boring to watch.
Sep 9, 2018 4:18 PM

Sep 2011
Its impressive that they managed to make 2 weird looking animals punching each other so hype. I too wasn't expecting the time skip.

FMmatron said:
Pretty dope episode, can't say that I expected the time skip, but I'm always up for one.

However, it's kinda disappointing that this show isn't two cour, it would've been very beneficial.
I think its going to be up to how these last 2 episodes are, the thing is I would want a 2 cour if it were going at relatively this pace and there just happened to be a whole lot of show after the big fight in the next 2 weeks, but i would find if this story was slowed down to 2 cour for the same events then it'd actually weaken it a fair amount cause part of the shows charm for me is just how much stuff has happened in such a little time without sacrificing much-needed downtime for character building.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 9, 2018 4:36 PM

Nov 2016
JizzyHitler said:
Its impressive that they managed to make 2 weird looking animals punching each other so hype. I too wasn't expecting the time skip.

FMmatron said:

I think its going to be up to how these last 2 episodes are, the thing is I would want a 2 cour if it were going at relatively this pace and there just happened to be a whole lot of show after the big fight in the next 2 weeks, but i would find if this story was slowed down to 2 cour for the same events then it'd actually weaken it a fair amount cause part of the shows charm for me is just how much stuff has happened in such a little time without sacrificing much-needed downtime for character building.

Well, I don't mind eventful shows and this anime is fine for me, yet I'm rather a build up guy. Shows which spend a lot of time with that are usually more rewarding for me hehe.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 9, 2018 4:50 PM

Sep 2011
FMmatron said:
JizzyHitler said:

Well, I don't mind eventful shows and this anime is fine for me, yet I'm rather a build up guy. Shows which spend a lot of time with that are usually more rewarding for me hehe.
oh no dont get me wrong im absolutly the same and I'm usually the guy who is bitching that something shouldnt be 1 cour especially when it feels like 2 cour complete adaptations/series are rare nowadays. Planet with is just kind of an exception for me with how well its fit so much into so little.

Part of me is still wishing this series is actually just a split cour with the dragon being the halfway point and absolutely bonkers shit happening for the 12 episodes past that, like i want this to be 2 cour with the same pacing, but that shits not happening.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 9, 2018 5:08 PM

Nov 2016
JizzyHitler said:
FMmatron said:

oh no dont get me wrong im absolutly the same and I'm usually the guy who is bitching that something shouldnt be 1 cour especially when it feels like 2 cour complete adaptations/series are rare nowadays. Planet with is just kind of an exception for me with how well its fit so much into so little.

Part of me is still wishing this series is actually just a split cour with the dragon being the halfway point and absolutely bonkers shit happening for the 12 episodes past that, like i want this to be 2 cour with the same pacing, but that shits not happening.

The bitching part sounds also like me ._.

I guess it's just me being disappointed that I'm aware how many things Planet With does well, but that I can't really feel them. Except for episode 1 and 6 I was sitting there and thought, this is nice and all, something is missing, tho.

Sep 9, 2018 5:20 PM

Mar 2018
Time skip confirming Souya x Nozomi?? I like that...

What a good episode today, mecha fight was lit af & the old man didn't die
Sep 9, 2018 5:45 PM

Jan 2015
Man, this series has been consistently good, from day one... From the pacing to the plot, and characterization. And this episode was no exception!
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 9, 2018 8:05 PM
Mar 2017
Today's episode had an epic battle and I'm not disappointed
Souya, Ginko and sensei beat the sealing faction, old Takezou surprised me, I thought he would attack Souya, but apparently he knew how to distinguish his true enemy. For a moment I thought that the old man had died, luckily it was not like that, Souya recruits the Ex Grand Paladin members to face the Dragon in 5 more years.
The time jump didn´t bother me, in fact it was necessary and personally I liked it, if Nozomi was the narrator of the post fight events indicated that she was still involved with Souya and seeing them together left me happy.
Souya looks a lot like his brother and Nozomi looked very beautiful.
I look forward to the next episode to know what happened with the rest of the members of Grand Paladin and what happened between Nozomi and Souya.
Sep 9, 2018 11:11 PM

Mar 2014
This show has a serious lack of good build-up for me... I can't care for any fight that seems "epic". Only if there were more episodes...
Sep 9, 2018 11:44 PM

Dec 2013
EdHaku said:
This show has a serious lack of good build-up for me... I can't care for any fight that seems "epic". Only if there were more episodes...

Most of the second half has been building up to this fight.
Sep 10, 2018 12:50 AM

Aug 2014
So this here might be just me being cynic as hell, but... did Yosuke seriously propose a double suicide here?

Now you might think: "Oh, he was just talking about visiting the grave.", but then why would this here be brought up later?

If that indeed turns out to be the case, then... yikes, way to make what looked like a really heartfelt scene at first really bleak and depressing all of a sudden.
Sep 10, 2018 2:42 AM

Mar 2014
G_Spark233 said:

Most of the second half has been building up to this fight.

By "most" you mean 3 episodes, then yeah.
I never said there was no build up. It's just that it didn't worked with me.
Sep 10, 2018 5:42 AM

Sep 2011
Yuuki_snow said:
So this here might be just me being cynic as hell, but... did Yosuke seriously propose a double suicide here?

Now you might think: "Oh, he was just talking about visiting the grave.", but then why would this here be brought up later?

If that indeed turns out to be the case, then... yikes, way to make what looked like a really heartfelt scene at first really bleak and depressing all of a sudden.
nope thats actually what they were implying, bit dark but hey at least they didnt do it.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 10, 2018 9:14 AM

May 2017
Why is everyone surprised about SouyaNozo? Coz that's like so obviously gonna happen, she literally had no competition, I ship it hard tho

Smudy said:

The moment with Benika and Yosuke was beautiful.

Meh, that's the lamest ship ever, I hope that never ever happens, so forced, the glasses dude is creepy forcing himself on her being a stalker tho if that happens 1/10 cemented
Sep 10, 2018 10:09 AM

May 2015
Did, did I just watch the entire Battle of Gods arc/ film in 16-18 minutes?
Sep 10, 2018 5:27 PM
Sep 2018
Takezo going Master Asia to perform the Zankantou was badass
Sep 10, 2018 5:58 PM

Apr 2013
This show is entertaining and just feel special. It has been a while since I feel this way about a show. Also, I wasn't expecting the time skip...
Sep 10, 2018 6:31 PM

Jul 2016
#1) It's not every day that people can escape the terrible clutch of (high) school!
#2) It's not every day we see a time skip occurring during the Anime (At the very start or very end tend to be the traditional spot for Time Skip), turning a potential ship into an actual ship.

Sep 10, 2018 6:46 PM

Apr 2016
Man, this show is throwing me through a loop and that's a good thing.
Sep 11, 2018 6:51 AM

Dec 2017
Any one notice that the interior of Dog spaceship look like the interior of Laputa on the ending.
We can call the final arc Transformers 3: The dark of the moon now. Well they do fight with robots, they transform, and now they go to the dark side of the moon to fight the dragon.
Sep 12, 2018 11:47 AM

Dec 2007
One badass fight, whats with the plots having the secret boss fights to end the last few episodes. the poor space were crying after the fight, found that funny

Sep 14, 2018 6:17 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty goddamn good episode, Planet With has got to be the most underrated show of the year, especially by this website's standards
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 14, 2018 7:16 PM

Jul 2015
Hhhhhhhmmmmmmm seems a lot of people here, just like me, think this episode was DAMN GOOD. Giant CG monsters fighting is rarely good, but this anime managed to make it not just bearable, but enjoyable and fun to watch on top of that. And I still love everyone in this dang show, and that just makes it all the more fun to watch. Also the SHIP!
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 20, 2018 12:59 PM

Apr 2014
this was an amazing ep but wow now with the time skip and everything i really wish this was more than 12 eps but at least we got 2 more 2 go with the time skip in place

am really looking forward to it
"one step at a time"
Sep 24, 2018 12:55 AM

Oct 2008
Such a wonderful episode!
Badass hype intense confrontation and conclusion!
lolz feels like its the end of the series.
5/5!

Oct 12, 2018 4:52 PM
Dec 2017
The battle between Souya and Shirashi (Sensei and Kakka) is great, the changes in the robberies are great. The time when Sensei destroyed the secular unit was epic

At the moment Benika and Yousuke talk about where Yousuke invites Benika to visit Yousuke's brother was a little touching.

Preparations for the final battle begin. I had the slight impression that there was a passage of time when Souya and Kuroi meet at the end of the episode.
Oct 21, 2018 9:41 AM

Jan 2009
a whole episode of dog vs cat fight lol

but glad Soya won now but still Shiraishi is one hot sexy woman

so in 5 years time they gonna fight the Dragon again and Soya wants the help of the former Paladins
Oct 30, 2018 9:07 PM

May 2012
What an intense episode if you ask me, really lovely ending. With such a time advance and two more episodes I do wonder how this anime will end!
Dec 2, 2023 1:42 AM
Feb 2021
best tokusatsu-themed anime ever made holy fuck

More topics from this board

Poll: » Planet With Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2018

43 by InNeedOfAName »»
Aug 25, 2023 5:38 PM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

56 by InNeedOfAName »»
Aug 25, 2023 4:55 PM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

19 by Eyth »»
Sep 5, 2022 3:58 PM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

29 by epidemia78 »»
Jul 28, 2022 10:50 AM

» The rating

Soulvaki - Aug 26, 2018

40 by vanetz »»
Mar 17, 2020 5:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.