Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2018 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the police in this series are so useless these days. That turned into a wild goose chase as they tried to get Lupin but couldn't even keep up in the slightest.

I'm curious to see what kind of role Ami will play soon as she feels kinda isolated right now. Glad to see Lupin doing well though as always.
Aug 28, 2018 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
Whoa this episode all over Lupin vs Computer episode (in Part1) where computer AI was predicting wherever Lupin moving lol. Also bunch of reference from most of episode Part2 as well notably we get to see someone from one of fake hitler episode.

The cliffhanger hits too hard and really excited to see how Ami and Albert plays role in this situation. Even Goemon got caught quick (and loved his infodump). PeopleLog is seems like very convenient and useful some way around but it has some frightening aspect and there is no escape as most people love to see other privacy whenever they can do.. I can definitely seeing something like this happen in future..

EDIT: that reminds me I am also curious if we will see any connection of Enzo with Fujiko.

removed-userAug 28, 2018 1:29 PM
Aug 28, 2018 3:58 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, Episode IV started at full steam, it was great, the PeopleLog is certainly a threat, just like its creator, the man named Enzo.

Ami skills are going to be imperative now, and I loved how Goemon's doubts from Episode III came back, about what he is to Lupin, and I think his pride was a bit wounded when he read that "underling" part too, but he's going to ask him directly, and it's going to be good! It's also a bit unsettling how not even his mountain was safe from the internet, but I guess this is what we should expect from a connected world.

It's a pity they lost that hideout though, I liked it, and that lady was a nice person. I loved how she didn't judge them or anything, because of the time she shared with their disguised selves. Those people acting like zombies were a bit scary too. I also don't believe Fujiko was so helplessly captured like this, there must be a circumstance or something. And I wonder if this PeopleLog's reach would be able to get to Albert's past as a thief, and threaten his current position. I don't think it will happen, but it would be interesting to see.

I can't wait for our gang to show Enzo how they aren't relics from a bygone age! I'm getting really hyped!
Aug 28, 2018 8:39 PM

Jun 2010
Oh cool, the MAL forums are back up and running. Truth be told, I have missed not being able to see other people's reactions to the episodes.

Looks like this fourth story arc is going to utilise the best aspects of the others (Ami, Albert, Padar, new world technology etc.) for an explosive conclusion. We might even get to see a definitive answer on the whole Lupin/Fujiko plot point too (it's been the most frustrating aspect to Part 5 imo). I cannot wait to see how things end.

Got a laugh out of seeing all of the people Lupin's "wronged" over the years too. It is not easy being an infamous thief.
Aug 29, 2018 12:09 AM

May 2018
From the long string of bad guy's cameos I liked this fellow that kidnapped Rebecca Rossellini in Lupin III: Part IV and was forcing her into marriage. His complain "Lupin stole my girlfriend".
Aug 29, 2018 8:57 AM

Oct 2008
This might be one of the best Arc! dealing with AI powered IT app based sharing information! what a complicated system but very high threat to Lupin...and Fujiko's already been caught.
Zenigata's also one the move and getting involved with Lupin!
Amy will be as well and also Albert d'Andrésy!
damn! tis gonna be gud!
5/5!

Aug 29, 2018 2:06 PM

Jul 2017
Oh, look. Another amazing arc...
... And the last one.

Gotta love those references, especially the Part IV one.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Sep 3, 2018 9:41 AM

Oct 2012
An exciting arc bringing out all the major characters. I find PeopleLog to be really freaking disturbing and too close to where our society's heading.
Sep 5, 2018 1:18 PM
May 2015
So the final arc begins.

It's not really a bad conclusion, it should tie up Ami's arc and showcase whether Lupin can handle modern technology (though I thought the first episodes showed that well enough).
Nov 12, 2018 3:11 PM

Mar 2014
Good start to this arc.
It's pretty interesting how they're exploring the dark side of social media with PeopleLog. Also, Enzo is a good villain.
Also, that Fujiko fanservice towards the end seemed pretty random, but hey, no complaints here!
Three episodes to go.
::End of Transmission::

Mar 27, 2019 12:31 AM

Oct 2012
Haha this Hitolog app is going to be sued for Invasion of Privacy immediately if this is not anime

That short Hitler, I remember him xD
Part 2.. or part 3?

The more people put their trusts on a thing, the easier they can be fooled
Please stay as fiction, this is way too scary if it become real

Poor Goemon, he's definitely not Lupin's lackey
"Signature removed"
Nov 10, 2019 1:12 AM

Mar 2014
What the fuck Fujiko at the end there
Nov 15, 2019 9:53 AM

Nov 2017
Finally getting the arc I wanted from this series. Chinese style monitoring of characteristics, social life and life patterns and attitudes.

Let's see where this goes...

I also hope Fujiko gets her character arc wrapped up satisfyingly here.
May 12, 2020 9:56 PM

Jul 2009
This reminds me of one of the episode of Cat's Eye.

Like how technology seems to be getting to the point where they would make burglaries and old school theft be outdated and solve on a whim.

The PeopleLog is already available in country known as "China" Even worse how a lot of companies have no respect to privacy and would be thrilled to have something like this nationwide.

Fujiko being naked and all. AWW :D

Jul 24, 2021 5:42 AM

Nov 2016
Doesn't the president look like he could be the father of Ami? In particular the eyes.

PeopleLog is certainly a tough nut to crack. Will be interesting to see Lupin vs the scariest side of our modern tech. I'm sure he's gonna prove that he isn't just an outdated relic. It's also cool how meta this is considering the level of popularity of this series.

PS: Gotta love the Fujiko fanservice in this part.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 31, 2022 8:09 AM

Feb 2012
An interesting way to handle a topical issue. The system exists already, but the results of data gathering are currently the basis of business for certain companies, and therefore those are the one thing that wouldn't be given freely to people providing the raw data. Otherwise this is actually realistic compared to most Lupin episodes.

Oh and hello, Mr. search engine robot. Can you predict the anime I'll watch after this?
Mar 15, 2022 4:25 PM

Jul 2016
Vysarine said:
What the fuck Fujiko at the end there

You gotta ask. Her choice or Enzos...
Mar 25, 2023 1:43 PM
Sep 2007
Social Media goes mad. Such lack of privacy is a terrifying concept, even if you're not a criminal. Hope Amy and her mad hacking skills will fix that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

22 by SleepingBear »»
Apr 20, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 8, 2018

44 by SleepingBear »»
Mar 27, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 11 Discussion

vigorousjammer - Aug 8, 2018

11 by St0rmblade »»
Dec 28, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

38 by OfficialGothBF »»
Jun 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

51 by OfficialGothBF »»
May 27, 2023 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.