Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2018 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Proud of Satsuki this episode. She regained her confidence and manages to make a timely appearance when she needed to the most.

I think an important part of the episode is the revelation that there was a failed experiment in the real world related to Asahi. Also, fuck Angelus. That guy deserved what he got.
Aug 9, 2018 11:32 AM
Jan 2017
nice episode
i hated takanori before the episode, and after this episone i hate him more.
Aug 9, 2018 1:15 PM
May 2018
Takanori sucks, I hate his attitude so much.
Aug 9, 2018 2:07 PM

Dec 2016
I'm, getting a lot of SAO vibes from this. The ending is leaving me to believe the show's gonna end with a harem like SAO.
Aug 9, 2018 4:16 PM

Apr 2015
Takanori's attitude really stinks at times. Satsuki was awesome this episode, summoning those elemental kings was just epic.
Aug 9, 2018 5:06 PM

Nov 2016
Oh, Takanori is such a tsundere xD

But I'm glad that he made up with the rest. Teamwork was really great this episode,so refreshing that the MC isn't an op solo slasher.

Good episode overall and interesting post ending scene.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 9, 2018 6:55 PM

Jan 2016
I do want to like this anime but sometimes the story is just too weird to comprehend.

It's a VRMMORPG, there's a skill to control others.. mind? Read into their heart?
I can accept it if the story is about fantasy but it's a game ffs
How is that even possible? If there's a VRMMORPG like that I won't play it. Who knows I might become naked in the middle of the city because of the mind control.

I know that animes tend to be unrealistic but this is on a whole new level.

Anyway, I'm still curious about how Asahi can't log out so gonna stick with it anyway
Aug 9, 2018 8:20 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! after 2 and a half months of no forums...its now back!
damn! reddit discussions are so chaotic!
anywayz, go Satsuki power-up!
they didn't even need to have back-up...those 2 at (10:59) didn't made any presence huh...
4/5.

Aug 10, 2018 1:09 AM

Nov 2016
so clives bad or plays both sides of whatever the hell is going on?
Aug 10, 2018 1:55 AM

Nov 2016
I don't about you guys, but the one thing that baffled me the most in this episode was this scene:

Really makes me question if the story forgot that the setting takes place in a video game. Unless the players are just hardcore role-players.
Aug 10, 2018 8:30 PM
Sep 2017
Its funny how takanori (mr. four eyes) gets an easy pass, since its his fault that asahi was kidnapped in the first place smh 😒

Aug 11, 2018 6:49 AM

Feb 2017
overall story is really cheap, plain and empty. gonna drop this on next episode

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Aug 11, 2018 6:50 AM

Dec 2016
evoniee said:
overall story is really cheap, plain and empty. gonna drop this on next episode

I have similar feelings. It isn't very fleshed out
Aug 12, 2018 3:22 AM

May 2013
TooFiveFive said:
I'm, getting a lot of SAO vibes from this. The ending is leaving me to believe the show's gonna end with a harem like SAO.

Nah this is obviously AnoHana
Aug 12, 2018 3:31 AM

May 2013
What Kind of MMO lets 3 people destroy an entire guild birthed from the 3 powerful guilds. To top it off the MC who's low lvl with green items and his fighting sense soloed 500 fully equipped players and he one hits most of them? And People were complaining about Kirito from SAO SMH. This is pissing me off now cause this isn't even Isekai this is MMO.
Aug 13, 2018 3:29 AM

May 2013
Glad the forum is back so I can finally say that this show has been nonsensical garbage pretty much from episode 1.

Aug 14, 2018 6:38 AM
Oct 2012
RyouHayato said:
I do want to like this anime but sometimes the story is just too weird to comprehend.

It's a VRMMORPG, there's a skill to control others.. mind? Read into their heart?
I can accept it if the story is about fantasy but it's a game ffs
How is that even possible? If there's a VRMMORPG like that I won't play it. Who knows I might become naked in the middle of the city because of the mind control.

I know that animes tend to be unrealistic but this is on a whole new level.

Anyway, I'm still curious about how Asahi can't log out so gonna stick with it anyway

Wow you took the words out of my mouth completely. Story's so weird because of the nonsensical drama and angst inside some game. Would've made much more sense if its a complete fantasy, or isekai, or even a setting like sao, trapped completely inside the game. Gonna see how this is going to end i guess
Aug 15, 2018 1:40 AM

May 2009
This series is so boring and bad on multiple levels. Just the setting is retarded - why would people play MMO where your account gets deleted after losing all HP?, Why would anyone make such big game for such low number of people with that cheat skill Sense? Who would play such unfair game?
Sep 3, 2018 10:56 AM
May 2017
DarkwindJR said:
TooFiveFive said:

Nah this is obviously AnoHana

It is definitely a fusion of SAO and anohana.

6 characters

anohana spoiler:
Sep 12, 2018 9:20 AM

Dec 2014
well the saved the princess … wanna see what the remaining two players are up to
Nov 15, 2018 4:48 PM

May 2012
Pretty intense battle in this episode, that was quite OP if you ask me! But well I quite liked it as well actually. Looking forwards to see what's next.
Dec 28, 2018 3:55 PM

Aug 2017
Creepy bad guys are defeated while Takanori is more pedo than ever. Disgusting.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 24, 2020 8:08 PM
Mar 2016
The fights in this show are just bad. They're mostly flashes of light and power moves. There's no real back and forth or actual combat.
Aug 1, 2020 4:08 PM

Jan 2010
I think the problem with Seven Senses is that the whole story revolves around Asahi without giving much to her character. The full extents of Prophet Arts isn't shown, and while we can see its functions during fights where she tells people what to do ahead of time, it still seems easily replaceable by better strategic planning and other detect-type skills. Asahi and Prophet Arts seems to be a powerful support skill, but it doesn't seem to help much if she and her friends constantly get into trouble regardless.

Plus, before killing her off, I think it would have been better to spend more time with the Subaru guild, in-game and in real life, showing how important Asahi was to everyone. The anime could have also spent time during the six year time skip showing how Asahi's death impacted everyone. Though, by doing so, it might distract from Seven Senses' apparent focus on fighting over Asahi. I'd still think that fleshing the world and characters out more would make Asahi's importance more apparent, as well as making all the characters' motivations more understandable.

Also, with Re-Union having real-world benefits for playing, how does that work? Is this awarded by the game company when players beat difficult content? I suppose this would motivate players to try and garner as much in-universe power, which includes securing Asahi for her Prophet Arts. Though, that would imply there were absurdly difficult dungeons and whatnot that required Asahi to clear, which brings Seven Senses back to being ridiculously imbalanced. I suppose that was implied by how three characters could take on a guild of over a thousand characters? That would make the main characters, assumedly, stronger than most bosses, and if even the main characters had trouble with endgame bosses, then holy crap, Re-Union is a crazy game.

...I still can't get over how mind reading works in-game, or rather, how mind reading technology can be casually implemented in a game. I'm pretty sure that would completely revolutionize the world. Come to think of it, could that mind reading tech be used between the main characters to figure out what each of them want and feel? This might have prevented at least half of the show's conflicts.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shichisei no Subaru Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2018

25 by Punkero »»
Apr 17, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Shichisei no Subaru Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Anderson_22 »»
Jun 28, 2023 3:07 PM

Poll: » Shichisei no Subaru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2018

53 by RioAl »»
Mar 9, 2023 5:37 AM

Poll: » Shichisei no Subaru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2018

91 by tony328 »»
Nov 14, 2022 1:08 AM

Poll: » Shichisei no Subaru Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

9 by frederico666 »»
Aug 12, 2022 1:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.